PDA

View Full Version : 21.5.16 - Hearts fans reactions

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Following on from a comment I just made on another thread, I thought I'd stick this thread up to hear of any stories you guys might have of how much hurt you saw in any Hearts 'pals' after we ended our cup hoodoo?

I had a few friends absolutely lose it on Facebook. From what started as friendly banter led to absolute rage on their ends and a swift delete of our friendship!

My dad had been playing snooker with a Hearts supporting friend for years every Tuesday night. The Tuesday after the final his friend was coinsidentially 'ill' next again week, 'busy', they hadn't missed a Tuesday night in years! 3rd week and they eventually get back to the table. After long periods of silence my dad eventually breaks it and brings up the footie. The atmosphere gets very tense on John, my dads friends end. After a few minutes 'just drop it eh' is the sharp line he comes out with. My dad then said he just couldn't resist and said something along the lines of (in a very sarcy, friendly banter type way) 'look, just because we've broke the hoodoo and are the new Scottish Cup Champs in Edinburgh, there's no need to let it effect 2 old pals. Who knows, you might brake your very own League Cup hoodoo, what is it, 50 something years?'

John apparently threw down the cue with extreme force, caused a big scene by doing so, others playing dropping to total silence, and he stormed out!!

Txts have been sent but he hasnt heard from him since!

I was poorless when he told me the story!! The result clearly hurt them big time!!

Any other stories like this?

Highland_Hibee
05-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Anyone that reacts like that really can't have much else going for them in life. Your Dad is better off without friends like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Hibee
05-09-2016, 02:11 PM
While it would be an overstatement to say that they were "happy" about our victory, most of the Jambos I know preferred us to win than The Rangers. "The lesser of two evils" as one of them put it. Probably the most charitable statement he's ever made about Hibs.

sleeping giant
05-09-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm finding the hearts fans are being fine with it. No doubt that they are gutted but they are not ruining a night out because of it.
The the Huns though are a different story. A few decent pals have shown their true colours and certainly changed my opinion of them.

Craig_HFC
05-09-2016, 02:13 PM
The first text I got after the final whistle was from one of my best mates, who is a Jambo, congratulating me on the win.

Ergye
05-09-2016, 02:14 PM
I've had many sordid proposals from gushing Hearts females, that would make Caligula himself blush.

My wife has had to call in the authorities after a deluge of obscene messages and photographs from Ann Budge.

It's something I could never have anticipated and I tell you, I'm not dealing with it very well. Imagine the ignominy of seeing your wife trading blows with the Hearts Director in broad daylight, outside your gym. I'm no Bill Clinton type, just a modest football fan.

They are hurting, for sure. I think they like it some of them.

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Anyone that reacts like that really can't have much else going for them in life. Your Dad is better off without friends like that.

That's exactly what I said! He just said how surprised he was as they had been playing for over 3 years, as well as the odd game of squash and the guy just completely changed!

Who knows maybe he'll get back in touch again and apologize, but with it being over 3 months and still nothing I have my doubts!

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Don't get my wrong, I've came across a few humble ones who acknowledge we deserved it etc, but for some the unique excitement of 114 years came along with the songs, the pub banter, etc, and they are not happy that's been taken from them!

Highland_Hibee
05-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Don't get my wrong, I've came across a few humble ones who acknowledge we deserved it etc, but for some the unique excitement of 114 years came along with the songs, the pub banter, etc, and they are not happy that's been taken from them!

I don't come across many Jambos up my way although I was given the 5v1 salute at a stop light once. Any I have met elsewhere have been fine with bantering about it.

Smartie
05-09-2016, 02:23 PM
The Jambos I know have to a man been sound about it. Football fans from the same city who can imagine how much it meant to us. Yes it will have niggled and rankled and they would probably rather we hadn't won it but there was none of the bitterness shown in the OP.

Bragging rights and stories like 1902 come and go - I remember we used to chant about "36 years in a row" etc for 90 minutes when they had their trophy drought in the run-up to the 1998 cup win. Once they got that one of their backs I wasn't exactly "seething". You just move on and find something else to take the piss out of them for. Exactly as they are doing now with their pitiful "Rudi has 3" songs etc.

Ozyhibby
05-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Hearts fans will tell you they are glad we won but one look at the matchday thread on kickback will reveal the truth. There was great joy on there when Halliday scored as they rejoiced in 115 years and they were almost suicidal when David Gray popped up with the winner. They absolutely hate hearing about it. Especially since we won it clean.

Tobias Funke
05-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Kickback was naturally an absolute hoot around 4.50pm on 21st May. My personal favourite coming from Dannie Boy who said;

"And my arse just fell out."

Since90+2
05-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Despite how it may seem reading message boards both Hearts and Hibs fans generally have a very good relationship with each other. I grew up with Jambos as pals and some of my best mates are Jambos to this day and im sure its the same for the majority of others.

Of course there is rivalry but on the whole the banter is harmless.

lucky
05-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Every jambo has been fine with me. Most admit they wanting us beat to keep the hoodo going but on a personal level most are delighted for me. A lot relate it to them winning in 1998. Sad that some can't handle Hibs winning the Scottish cup.

chasitup
05-09-2016, 02:32 PM
All the yams I know have been brilliant about it, and saying to enjoy it and how good it was for us to win it. Decent guys apart from their taste in football teams.

Ozyhibby
Despite how it may seem reading message boards both Hearts and Hibs fans generally have a very good relationship with each other. I grew up with Jambos as pals and some of my best mates are Jambos to this day and im sure its the same for the majority of others.

Of course there is rivalry but on the whole the banter is harmless.

Totally agree. But they are still gutted. [emoji23]

Craig_HFC
Hearts fans will tell you they are glad we won but one look at the matchday thread on kickback will reveal the truth. There was great joy on there when Halliday scored as they rejoiced in 115 years and they were almost suicidal when David Gray popped up with the winner. They absolutely hate hearing about it. Especially since we won it clean.

The Jambos I know can't stand Kickback; they say it is full of utter bams and mental weirdos and not 'normal' Hearts supporters.

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm finding the hearts fans are being fine with it. No doubt that they are gutted but they are not ruining a night out because of it.
The the Huns though are a different story. A few decent pals have shown their true colours and certainly changed my opinion of them.

Definitely agree with you regarding the Huns. The next time we face them isn't going to be for the faint hearted in attendance that's for sure. Added to the fact we snatched it from them in the dying seconds, the medias spin on the pitch invasion has raised their hurt even more!.....I shouldn't be typing with a massive smile on my face, but you bet I am!!! :D

SteveHFC
05-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Most of my mates are jambo's and sent me messages after the final saying congratulations and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Random jambos in Dalkeith on the Saturday night were coming up shaking my hand saying well done.

Hermit Crab
05-09-2016, 02:34 PM
There's one on my Facebook that keeps going on about 1-5, indeed they even posed that Brechin, Celtic colts and now Malta are dead as clubs after their respective result at the weekend...... Embarrassing stuff to be honest.

Topographic Hibby
05-09-2016, 02:35 PM
The ones I know have been great about it. Two of my neighbours are Jambos and were genuinely pleased for me/us etc that the hoodoo had been put to bed. After the final, they both made a point of coming over to see me and shake my hand etc. They particularly like that we beat TRFC and the manner of our victory. They even enjoyed the pitch invasion and the bark-at-the-moon approach of Rangers since then.

No issues with Hearts fans whatsoever.

we are hibs
05-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Fck them all. I hope they were all in tears hiding behind their couch. Welts.

CallumHibs07
05-09-2016, 02:39 PM

Make no mistake, they were. Easy to put on a brave face after it happened. They were all desperate for us to lose. Get it up them :flag::giruy2:

Jim44
05-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Some of the Jambos I know have grudgingly acknowledged our win, most pretend it never happened. One guy, during a game of golf, told me he would have preferred Sevco (he called them Rangers) to have beaten us because " we can identify with them more.' Wee cousins right enough. :greengrin

Hibee87
05-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Kickback was naturally an absolute hoot around 4.50pm on 21st May. My personal favourite coming from Dannie Boy who said;

I never thought about looking at their match day thread......i might hunt that out tonight if there is nothing on telly, could gear up to be a excellent read haha

Fisherrow Harp
05-09-2016, 02:42 PM
All the yams I know have been brilliant about it, and saying to enjoy it and how good it was for us to win it. Decent guys apart from their taste in football teams.

Aye that mirrors my experience too. Some of them , actually the least expected ones had a fair bit of class about doing it. I have only had one yam fan-dangle give me abuse, he was also given a wide birth by the resident jambos in the pub and doesn't come in anymore. :flag:

Deansy
05-09-2016, 02:47 PM
I've found that the most bitter Jambos are the ones under 30 - the ones they attracted with their 'Finance Football' business-plan that made them a 'big team' !. Now they're forced to operate like every other club and 'play within their means, and despite us currently being in the Championship, they fear the level playing-field that'll be the norm once we're back !

crewetollhibee
05-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Got a link perchance ?

Franck Stanton
05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
The Jambos I know can't stand Kickback; they say it is full of utter bams and mental weirdos and not 'normal' Hearts supporters.

Those are the truest words ever spoken/written about that cess-pit

SteveHFC
05-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Got a link perchance ?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/ :aok:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/1-the-terrace/page-53?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

So many hilarious threads starting from this page.

Dashing Bob S
05-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Ones that moan incessantly - bitter, twisted morons.

Ones that congratulate - two faced insincere w*nkers trying to hide their pain.

Equally detestable.

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2016, 02:59 PM
I must be honest and say the majority of Jambos I know have been cool about it, and even offered congratulations. The Hibs obsessed weirdos amongst their support, on the other hand, are still consumed with seethe, which is wonderful. 1902 and all that was a big part of their lives and has now gone.

Hibernian Verse
05-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I work with a staunch Jambo who wished me luck the day before and told me he hoped I would see us lift the cup surrounded by my family. There was no nonsense about 5-1 or anything derogatory.

Also should say that I received three texts within 2 minutes of the final whistle. One from said Jambo, two from Rangers fans that were at the game congratulating us on a deserved win.

mutley
05-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I have had a few that you can tell they are very bitter about it. However, I don't think it's the fact that we won the cup, more of the route we took and the teams we beat to get there. Most of their hurt comes done to the fact that they were 2 goals up with less than 10 mins to go, and well, the rest is history.

AndyM_1875
05-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Most Hearts fans I know absolutely hate Rangers/Sevco with a passion so they were fine about us winning against them. Had we been playing Aberdeen or Motherwell they'd no doubt be annoyed but because it was against them it wasn't such a big issue. Texts I got were of the "Well Done, glad you beat those ****" and "Enjoy your party".

There is however one weirdo I was at school with who refuses to talk to me now but I can't say I'm losing sleep over it.

PeeJay
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Following on from a comment I just made on another thread, I thought I'd stick this thread up to hear of any stories you guys might have of how much hurt you saw in any Hearts 'pals' after we ended our cup hoodoo?

I had a few friends absolutely lose it on Facebook. From what started as friendly banter led to absolute rage on their ends and a swift delete of our friendship!

My dad had been playing snooker with a Hearts supporting friend for years every Tuesday night. The Tuesday after the final his friend was coinsidentially 'ill' next again week, 'busy', they hadn't missed a Tuesday night in years! 3rd week and they eventually get back to the table. After long periods of silence my dad eventually breaks it and brings up the footie. The atmosphere gets very tense on John, my dads friends end. After a few minutes 'just drop it eh' is the sharp line he comes out with. My dad then said he just couldn't resist and said something along the lines of (in a very sarcy, friendly banter type way) 'look, just because we've broke the hoodoo and are the new Scottish Cup Champs in Edinburgh, there's no need to let it effect 2 old pals. Who knows, you might brake your very own League Cup hoodoo, what is it, 50 something years?'

John apparently threw down the cue with extreme force, caused a big scene by doing so, others playing dropping to total silence, and he stormed out!!

I was poorless when he told me the story!! The result clearly hurt them big time!!

My brother and his family are all Hearts fans - they were actually pleased that Hibs won and had no problems saying so ...

Alex Trager
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
I never thought about looking at their match day thread......i might hunt that out tonight if there is nothing on telly, could gear up to be a excellent read haha
It is an absolute delight to read. One guy posted a guy jumping out a window, quite comical.

I have it as a tab on my mobile internet, for times when i wonder if it annoyed them.

I know one in particular who is mega into hibs getting beat and i recall he sent a video after the falkirk semi with bob marley three little birds playing, when we won. Well i made it clear that i wasn't worried and everything was indeed alright.

He maintains to this day that it never bothered him. I then started working with his mum who told me he was 'devastated'

I am yet to see him but he will be told with a very smug face on.

The rest of them were spot on. And to be fair so was he, he just pretended he wasn't bothered.

A poignant part of the weekend for me was the return bus journey, we went through gorgie and we were obviously desperate for some sort of hearts fan. And after a little while our wish was granted, the 5-1 was flashed. The bus went mental. 'Waaaaaaayyyy get it you ya hearts *******!' and such like.

Deansy
05-09-2016, 03:14 PM

Laughing under the thread 'The official Losers v Sevco' -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/

My favourite -

'Useless Hun pricks'

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-09-2016, 03:26 PM

You're my kind of guy!...:thumbsup:

greenteam
05-09-2016, 03:32 PM
I watched it with a Hearts fan in my house and he gave it **** all day until those famous words..he jumped out the chair faster than I did. Good day

Col2
05-09-2016, 03:33 PM
I think we need to be smarter than assume the congratulations were genuine that we all got (as it appears) from our Jambo mates.

This is complete and utter bollocks and clearly the only defensive mechanism for a club that has had 30+ years of playing players they can't afford and walking away from huge debt. The average Jambo is used to the 'big team' crap that has been instrumental in the way that club have conducted itself for many years.

They totally and utterly screwed up when 2 up at home in the Scottish cup (special relationship remember) with ten mins to go against an inferior lower division Hobo team as they put it. The. To watch us go on and beat them comfortably in the 'money spinner' replay and then go on to win the bloody thing makes them sick to the stomach and you can see it in their eyes and the way they act now that the dust has settled.

So I say - we know how you feel and we love it. Get it right up you and I will take years of pleasure reminding you of it!!!!

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 03:33 PM

Do it! It was a fantastic read and shows them for just how much it hurt!

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 03:35 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/ :aok:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/1-the-terrace/page-53?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

There it is! For those who haven't seen it, enjoy!

NZ Green
05-09-2016, 03:44 PM
There it is! For those who haven't seen it, enjoy!
The Rangers perspective is always going to be an enjoyable read too. Its a monster thread but you know where the good bits are.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/295233-the-official-rangers-vs-hibernian-thread/&page=1

Col2
05-09-2016, 03:51 PM
One quote I love pre game on that thread

"Won't be watching the match better things to do,going a very long walk with rudi my labrador in the pentlands what a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.if hibs win so what life goes on."

Rudi his Labrador!!!!! And a long walk cause "he has better things to do". He must have been calling the Samaritans post match!!!

AltheHibby
05-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I just remember the Facebook posts I saw stating that they had been given a bye. And I wet myself laughing. Not a word on Facebook from yam contacts since the final.

emerald green
05-09-2016, 04:01 PM

The bit in bold - to them I would simply say this... GIRFUY. :giruy2:

The guys whose congratulations were genuine...:aok:

Col2
05-09-2016, 04:01 PM
All the 5-1 jibes seem to have dried up!!

It now makes me smile and know deep down that all jambos, every one of them was sick that we won the Scottish Cup and its wasn't a tainted victory!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2016, 04:07 PM
All the 5-1 jibes seem to have dried up!!

It now makes me smile and know deep down that all jambos, every one of them was sick that we won the Scottish Cup and its wasn't a tainted victory!!

They know the 5-1 thing means nothing to us now, I quite enjoy chuckling whenever one is aimed in my direction these days, they dinnae cope with that too well either.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2016, 04:12 PM

I bet your dad paid for the game of snooker as well.

Better off without the so called mate. :agree:

Pete
05-09-2016, 04:13 PM
The funniest reaction was from the guys who were demanding an apology from their manager for letting us win the cup. I think they still are.

Kato
05-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Hearts fan in the work asked, after a good few weeks of me and a Hibby colleague watching any and all CF videos available, "When are you lot going to stop going on about this?". I asked him how long Hearts fans went on about 1902. Cue silent walk away muttering under his breath.

Have to say Jambos have been fine with me, although as DBS says there will be the two-faced amongst them in a silent seethe, but there are quite a few who walk the other way when they see me coming whereas before 21/5/16 I was seen as fair game for their pathetic "bants". The latter being mostly "believers" when Vlad was their leader. Love it.

Leithenhibby
05-09-2016, 04:18 PM

Most Hearts fans I know (not many) have been fine about it

But I know differently, it's killing them inside.. :greengrin....

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

Viva_Palmeiras
05-09-2016, 04:19 PM

Well the London Hearts website couldn't even bring themselves to record the cup win in their stats...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YU_hFYOimfk

bawheid
05-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Make no mistake, every single Jambo on the planet absolutely hates what happened on 21st May. Hates it.

A little piece of them has died.

Oh yeah, I got the same congratulatory messages and the "glad you won it" stuff in the pub. But push it a little and the mask slips and the seethe surfaces. It'll get worse when we knock them out of this year's competition in the semi-final on our way to two in a row.

Anyone mind that time the Jambos were cruising it 2-0 at home before Hanlon equalised in injury time and Hibs went on to win the cup? :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Make no mistake, every single Jambo on the planet absolutely hates what happened on 21st May. Hates it.

Oh yeah, I got the same congratulatory messages and the "glad you won it" stuff in the pub. But push it a little and the mask slips and the seethe surfaces. It'll get worse when we knock them out of this year's competition in the semi-final on our way to two in a row.

Anyone mind that time the Jambos were cruising it 2-0 at home before Hanlon equalised in injury time and Hibs went on to win the cup? :thumbsup:

That's just not true.

speedy_gonzales
05-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Like many others I have a healthy mix of friends, some are hearts fans and every one of them has been more than decent re the cup win.
However, I do have a Jambo neighbour that is torn up inside that we won. On the day itself he was on his front step moaning to those passing and he mentioned to another neighbour of ours that we were lucky c's. He never spoke to me for weeks then when the euros were on all the neebs got together for a beer & BBQ, I was working on the afternoon in question but turned up later, when I arrived he left!
Fast forward a couple of months and he was talking to me again, we went to the pub at the weekend with another Jambo neighbour and we skirted around the cup final,,,angry neighbour gripped his pint pot that tight his knuckles went white, not mentioning the football once he said we were a disgrace, invading the pitch, assaulting players blah blah blah. I asked him who got assaulted but after going around in circles I just laughed it off,,,there was nothing I could say to appease him but I took a perverted pleasure from it, how his bitterness could feel so sweet.
The guy is hurting!

P.S the guy also managed to shoehorn in a rant about our sectarian singing, news to me but apparently we're a catholic team and sing sectarian songs. I just laughed and walked away at that point!

Kato
05-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Like many others I have a healthy mix of friends, some are hearts fans and every one of them has been more than decent re the cup win.
However, I do have a Jambo neighbour that is torn up inside that we won. On the day itself he was on his front step moaning to those passing and he mentioned to another neighbour of ours that we were lucky c's. He never spoke to me for weeks then when the euros were on all the neebs got together for a beer & BBQ, I was working on the afternoon in question but turned up later, when I arrived he left!
Fast forward a couple of months and he was talking to me again, we went to the pub at the weekend with another Jambo neighbour and we skirted around the cup final,,,angry neighbour gripped his pint pot that tight his knuckles went white, not mentioning the football once he said we were a disgrace, invading the pitch, assaulting players blah blah blah. I asked him who got assaulted but after going around in circles I just laughed it off,,,there was nothing I could say to appease him but I took a perverted pleasure from it, how his bitterness could feel so sweet.
The guy is hurting!

P.S the guy also managed to shoehorn in a rant about our sectarian singing, news to me but apparently we're a catholic team and sing sectarian songs. I just laughed and walked away at that point!

Sounds like a right bam. Laughing at those types is the best response as they hate it so much.

givescotlandfreedom
05-09-2016, 04:38 PM
I think we need to be smarter than assume the congratulations were genuine that we all got (as it appears) from our Jambo mates.

This is complete and utter bollocks and clearly the only defensive mechanism for a club that has had 30+ years of playing players they can't afford and walking away from huge debt. The average Jambo is used to the 'big team' crap that has been instrumental in the way that club have conducted itself for many years.

They totally and utterly screwed up when 2 up at home in the Scottish cup (special relationship remember) with ten mins to go against an inferior lower division Hobo team as they put it. The. To watch us go on and beat them comfortably in the 'money spinner' replay and then go on to win the bloody thing makes them sick to the stomach and you can see it in their eyes and the way they act now that the dust has settled.

So I say - we know how you feel and we love it. Get it right up you and I will take years of pleasure reminding you of it!!!!

I agree. Total defence mechanism to try and stop us from giving them it back as they have to us for all these years. They are gutted.

PISTOL1875
05-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Lets be totally honest here , a part of those ****ers died that day.. The utter disregard and arrognce they feel towards us was there for all to see and they ****s can go and **** themselves over this.. I for one will NEVER EVER grow tired of sticking right up them and always remind them that Her7z were 2-0 up and in cruise control until they ****ed it.. All of them can go and play in the traffic for all I care...

They are nothing more than a bunch of cretins who can throw p1sh at themselves for all I care.. **** them...

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2016, 04:47 PM
There is one guy in my bowls club who ribbed me about Hibs,1902 etc etc on every opportunity.He always managed to bring the conversation round to it when we were in a group with his other jambo pals,I never once bit and laughed it off every time. Since that day in May I am unashamed to say that I have been totally relentless in my pursuit of him at every single opportunity we meet. I goad him and he rises to the bait with red faced anger on nearly every occasion, he leaves the company and goes to cool down and I do this every time. **** him, he took great delight in the ten years I have known him slagging me at every occasion for choosing Hibs so I will never stop.

Hermit Crab
05-09-2016, 04:50 PM
There is one guy in my bowls club who ribbed me about Hibs,1902 etc etc on every opportunity.He always managed to bring the conversation round to it when we were in a group with his other jambo pals,I never once bit and laughed it off every time. Since that day in May I am unashamed to say that I have been totally relentless in my pursuit of him at every single opportunity we meet. I goad him and he rises to the bait with red faced anger on nearly every occasion, he leaves the company and goes to cool down and I do this every time. **** him, he took great delight in the ten years I have known him slagging me at every occasion for choosing Hibs so I will never stop.

I know a bloke that almost resorts to physical violence when our win is brought up.

Jdawg
05-09-2016, 04:59 PM

Correct. They can stuff their hollow congratulatory texts. I got a few too.

JimboHibs
05-09-2016, 05:08 PM
My Jumbo mates were openly telling me that they hoped we get pumped prior to the final,no malice after it all congratulated me in person or by text and again openly told me that though they were pleased for me they were completely devastated that we won,I reckon me being man enough to congratulate them after they beat us in the final they did the same.

JimboHibs
05-09-2016, 05:13 PM

It's the being 2-0 up with 10 to go that hurts my Jumbo mates most 😄,they still go on about that more than us beating the Huns .......every time I see Sam Nicholson the lasting memory is off him scratching his minge infront of us when he scored.Then we won the cup 😎👍

O'Rourke3
05-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Apart form one in work who said well done- nothing. The only text on the day was my The Rangers supporting son-in-law congratulating me and the team who deserved it more.

All the FB fannies are still silent. I messaged one guy after the 2012 final and said well done. For that I got tagged in every 1-5 picture he could come up with. Football is a topic no longer discussed. Any comments end with a "yer patter stinks" Riles him no end :greengrin

jgl07
05-09-2016, 05:26 PM
There's one on my Facebook that keeps going on about 1-5, indeed they even posed that Brechin, Celtic colts and now Malta are dead as clubs after their respective result at the weekend...... Embarrassing stuff to be honest.

Even Maltese EUROPA cup representatives?

Seveno
05-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Before 21 May, I always thought that one of the joys of eventually winning the Cup would be revelling in the misery being suffered by the Jambos.

I can genuinely say that I don't give a toss about them anymore. We won the Cup. We are an amazing club that is clearly on the up and who cares about anyone else. I am just so enjoying being a Hibby.

givescotlandfreedom
05-09-2016, 05:41 PM
I know a bloke that almost resorts to physical violence when our win is brought up.

Is it who I think it is?

Galahibby
05-09-2016, 05:48 PM

Malta's dead as a club pretty much says it all really! 🙄

FWIW a few of my Jambo pals were the first ones to text and say well done. On the other hand, I'm still waiting on my best mate mentioning it. A Hun from my work even text me to say fair play - now that's probably a bit more unusual :wink:

HappyHanlon
05-09-2016, 05:55 PM
There's no such thing as a humble Jambo.

At my work, there's a cluster of them and one by one they begrudingly came up and shook my hand but you could feel the resentment.

Now if you make a joke about the League Cup they almost greet.

snooky
05-09-2016, 05:57 PM

I spoke to a good TRFC mate of mine a few days after the final.
I'm sure he was hurting because they hadn't won however a definite bitterness came out when talking about the field invasion which is odd given their history in these matters - or maybe I'm thinking about another club? :hmmm:

Jack Hackett
05-09-2016, 06:00 PM
I live Dan Saff and don't know a single yam. ..despite there being 400k of them worldwide...apparently.

I feel so lucky :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I live Dan Saff and don't know a single yam. ..despite there being 400k of them worldwide...apparently.

I don't believe you; they're the biggest club in the world after all :lolyam:

neil7908
05-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Must admit got a couple decent texts from Jambo mates after the final. One in particular from a guy living out in the middle east who I haven't spoken to in years so credit where it's due

Bishop Hibee
05-09-2016, 06:13 PM
The Jambos I know were fairly gracious about our glorious victory although with a few you could tell it was through gritted teeth! I like to think I faced up and congratulated them in '98. The tortured souls were about demented at 36 trophyless years combined with 0-7 and St Albert Kidd.

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2016, 06:16 PM
The Jambos I know were fairly gracious about our glorious victory although with a few you could tell it was through gritted teeth! I like to think I faced up and congratulated them in '98. The tortured souls were about demented at 36 trophyless years combined with 0-7 and St Albert Kidd.

I'm glad you mentioned Sir Albert, BH, for, as bad as the 2012 final was, it's small fry compared to what they endured in '86. Losing the league in the final eight minutes of a nine month slog is hard to beat for heartbreak. Being champions is the ultimate feat and, gladly, the made a James Hunt of it. Now that's pain.

SRHibs
05-09-2016, 06:19 PM
The thread is hilarious, made even sweeter by their arrogance when we're a goal behind. I've read the match thread on an embarrassing amount of different forums. Felt like the majority of Scotland was a Hibs fan for 94 minutes that day.

Scott Allan Key
05-09-2016, 06:31 PM
It's the being 2-0 up with 10 to go that hurts my Jumbo mates most 😄,they still go on about that more than us beating the Huns .......every time I see Sam Nicholson the lasting memory is off him scratching his minge infront of us when he scored.Then we won the cup 😎👍

Yes, that picture of Nicholson would make a great alternative front cover for the victory DVD, marketed in the Gorgie area. We could make some significant sales that way as they might mistake it for a quiet evening in.

mjhibby
05-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Before 21 May, I always thought that one of the joys of eventually winning the Cup would be revelling in the misery being suffered by the Jambos.

I can genuinely say that I don't give a toss about them anymore. We won the Cup. We are an amazing club that is clearly on the up and who cares about anyone else. I am just so enjoying being a Hibby.

My thoughts exactly. While on hols I bumped into a jambo who when I mentioned the cup win spent five minutes having sly digs at us. he then berated our manager to which I mentioned he was a winner and I couldn't see a hibs fan attacking an opposition manager. Conversation over. They are hurting big style. They will never forgive neilson for letting us win it as they hysterically put it. I just smile at every jambo I see and you can just feel the seethe.

SlickShoes
05-09-2016, 07:16 PM
The best post on that kickback thread is just as Henderson comes on and we have went 2-1 down, they are all ripping into him and one says:

"Will Liam Henderson turn out to be Hibs deliverance?"

Yes mate, yes he will!

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 07:22 PM

Snap, i wish i did. :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
05-09-2016, 07:27 PM
While it would be an overstatement to say that they were "happy" about our victory, most of the Jambos I know preferred us to win than The Rangers. "The lesser of two evils" as one of them put it. Probably the most charitable statement he's ever made about Hibs.

Same with me and I'd prefer they won it than either of the old firm. Any other team I'd want them to lose but either way no need to be a nob about it after the game. Most hearts fans I know are alright and if they're a nob it's probably not connected to what team they support.

SuperAllyMcleod
05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
I have to say that most Jambos I know have been fine - three of them sent me texts after the final whistle - admittedly one just said "get off the pitch" despite the fact I was in the upper south!

However, there are undoubtedly a large number of them that are still hurting and feeling as though their favourite toy has been stolen. For them, the fact that we knocked them out from 2-0 down really hurts - remember, not only did they think they were getting a bye, their sense of entitlement told them they were going to the final as the year ended in a 6. Something they went very quiet about after JC put us ahead at ER [emoji3][emoji471]

MurrayfieldHibs
05-09-2016, 08:01 PM
I like to point out that we have won BOTH cups in the last decade :greengrin

:flag::flag:

Salt N Sauzee
05-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Make no mistake about it - They all absolutely hate that we won the cup. That's the only thing they had to hold over us, every song they sing on derby day is about 1902, 5-1 blah blah blah. Now they have nothing. Get it right round every single of them 😎

Salt N Sauzee
05-09-2016, 08:08 PM

Hahahahahaha that first link is hilarious. Diet Huns showing their true colours "come on the Glasgow Rangers" dear oh dear oh dear. Vile barstools.

Greentinted
05-09-2016, 08:08 PM

I'm goanny watch the whole match again (any excuse,lets be honest) but with that thread as a 'live commentary'. Thinking of it as 'subtitles for the hard-of-thinking'. Could be a giggle...

:gwa: :flag: :lolyam: :cup: http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/heartssmiley.gif

4WAW
05-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm glad you mentioned Sir Albert, BH, for, as bad as the 2012 final was, it's small fry compared to what they endured in '86. Losing the league in the final eight minutes of a nine month slog is hard to beat for heartbreak. Being champions is the ultimate feat and, gladly, the made a James Hunt of it. Now that's pain.

In fact, you could say this was the second time that they totally Jamboed it in the league, closely followed by really Jamboing it in the cup.:brokenyam:

mim
05-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Don't have any Jambo friends and don't know many of their ilk either.
I'd like to keep it that way. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Don't have any Jambo friends and don't know many of their ilk either.
I'd like to keep it that way. :agree:

Its for the best.

Hermit Crab
05-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Is it who I think it is?

The very same. :wink:

Malta's dead as a club pretty much says it all really! ��

FWIW a few of my Jambo pals were the first ones to text and say well done. On the other hand, I'm still waiting on my best mate mentioning it. A Hun from my work even text me to say fair play - now that's probably a bit more unusual :wink:

Yeah, the post went something like "well that's Brechin, Celtic under 20's and now Malta dead as clubs after succumbing to the 1-5. Lovely ring to that score line. I'm all fuzzy and warm inside......" :rolleyes:

EastCalderHibby
05-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Make no mistake about it - They all absolutely hate that we won the cup. That's the only thing they had to hold over us, every song they sing on derby day is about 1902, 5-1 blah blah blah. Now they have nothing. Get it right round every single of them 😎

Sorry have to disagree about the singing ,you only realise that they are there when they score . and we have to sing their song for them as they dont know the words to ......... h , e , a, r, t , s

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-09-2016, 08:40 PM

Just had a wee read through the cup final thread and..... 😂😂😂😂

The seethe is real. Some decent enough guys both on there and face to face have shown respect but the majority I've come across are bitter,12 fingered freak shows.

poolman
05-09-2016, 09:47 PM

He's definitely no mate then

I have quite a lot of Yam mates and we would never let fitba get in the way of being mates

The banter has been braw since Sir David popped it in the net

Also,I drink in the Diggers and the Yam guys I know cheered when we got the winner as there was some Huns in the pub pissin them off so they said it was great shutting the numptys up 😂

1875STEVE
05-09-2016, 09:59 PM

Thank you!!!

That's some of the funniest **** ive seen posted in a long time. :flag::flag:

Greencore
05-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Jambo's reaction?...

������

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPq5labjCQ

poolman
05-09-2016, 10:03 PM
The Rangers perspective is always going to be an enjoyable read too. Its a monster thread but you know where the good bits are.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/295233-the-official-rangers-vs-hibernian-thread/&page=1

Nice family friendly site that 😕

greenteam
05-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Jambo's reaction?...

������

Just cant stop laughing at that.
Laughed more at them blaming Nielson for us winning the cup though

SuperAllyMcleod
05-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Jambo's reaction?...

������

I just love the wall of sound that comes from the Hibs end in that video - that and the pain in the Hawrts fans voices [emoji3]

monktonharp
05-09-2016, 10:57 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI tend to go with your thinking. there are a few of them that drink in the same watering hole as myself, who have been rather kind about the result although I don't actually trust them. on the other hand, there are people in our family (bro in law, his wife/etc) who have found themselves totally unable to actually say one word about the event. these are folk that would gleefully visit us, on the day after a guid result for them after a derby (been a while, I know) but they cannot bring themselves to even mention our cup victory. I take great pleasure in not mentioning it to them, as I know their thoughts:wink:

hfc rd
05-09-2016, 10:58 PM
The first text I got after the final whistle was from one of my best mates, who is a Jambo, congratulating me on the win.

Same here.

CallumLaidlaw
05-09-2016, 11:08 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/f75aae7fd0a9c7b5bbfa2d04ca13db9c.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/758f3e81252df147dcab43a9c6200b57.jpg

Some of them are still trying hard to convince themselves.

Highland_Hibee
06-09-2016, 12:11 AM

They believe all their own *****. If they want to hang on to thinking "it still haunts every second of their existence" then whatever. Time heals all wounds and I think I can speak for all of us that the whole cup run was worth every pain I have ever felt as a Hibs fan. You couldn't write a script better than the one we produced.

They did us a favor in a backwards kind of way. I shudder thinking now we could have had players like Doherty and Kujabi heralded with the same status as Sir Davie.

2 nill and you ******ed it up
2 nill and you ******ed it up

Steve-O
06-09-2016, 05:51 AM

I would suggest this guy was called a prick because he was acting like a prick singing a Herts song in the middle of a pub watching a Scotland game?

Pete
06-09-2016, 06:49 AM
I would suggest this guy was called a prick because he was acting like a prick singing a Herts song in the middle of a pub watching a Scotland game?

A pair of pricks if you ask me.

Edit: the guy apparently just made it all up when he was pissed. Really, really sad.

InchHibby
06-09-2016, 07:19 AM

I totally agree with this post, what they say and what they feel is about as far apart as me and my first shxxx. And to be fair that's probably the way in which we congratulate them.

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2016, 07:23 AM
They know the 5-1 thing means nothing to us now, I quite enjoy chuckling whenever one is aimed in my direction these days, they dinnae cope with that too well either.
That's what I believe now hurts them the most...we laugh off 5 1 now and their tainted victory. Poor Yams...their comfort blanket has been soiled well n truly 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Salt N Sauzee
06-09-2016, 07:24 AM

Bet you any money that none of that story is true. Just made it up to make himself and other cretins on Sickbag feel better about themselves.

The Falcon
06-09-2016, 07:31 AM

I usually point out that they had to bump the Poppy fund to afford/achieve this and if the are comfortable with that then thats up to them. I wouldnt be. The Poppy fund of all things. Things escalate quite quickly from there.

Ours took 114 years and was the the only Edinburgh SC Cup win achieved legitimately since Hearts won it in 1956.

hfcnic
06-09-2016, 07:34 AM

Same, he was also telling me what he was seeing on the TV so we knew when the players were coming out etc

CallumLaidlaw
06-09-2016, 07:39 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/bb4b57b3fd157264e043e93021719fc7.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/d9b589f23f1f356b0b1de0c13a52dcad.jpg

At least 1 of them has a bit of sense

Moulin Yarns
06-09-2016, 07:43 AM
I was at a wedding on Saturday, the first time in the company of the Groom's family since May 21. They are all Rangers supporters (of both clubs) from Kilmarnock and the first words I got about the final from the groom's father were "Well done, what a super game it was, better than any other final this year".

There are some nice ones out there, if you look hard enough.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2016, 08:14 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/bb4b57b3fd157264e043e93021719fc7.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/d9b589f23f1f356b0b1de0c13a52dcad.jpg

At least 1 of them has a bit of sense

Wow, thats a very sensible viewpoint, it'll never catch on. :-)

Hibbyradge
06-09-2016, 08:24 AM

Just remind them that wee won the League Cup 5-1.

They don't like to talk about the League Cup.

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Apart form one in work who said well done- nothing. The only text on the day was my The Rangers supporting son-in-law congratulating me and the team who deserved it more.

All the FB fannies are still silent. I messaged one guy after the 2012 final and said well done. For that I got tagged in every 1-5 picture he could come up with. Football is a topic no longer discussed. Any comments end with a "yer patter stinks" Riles him no end :greengrin

See, it is clear. All those who give it big licks are those who are quiet.

For me though, you were the bigger man in 2012 and for him to then proceed to tag you in every 5-1 photo is ridiculous.

And for that I'd hound him every day about both the Tynecastle and Hampden results.

Maybe you're the bigger man here by not mentioning it, but so ****? You aren't being judged on your morals here :)
Get torn in

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 09:50 AM
The best post on that kickback thread is just as Henderson comes on and we have went 2-1 down, they are all ripping into him and one says:

"Will Liam Henderson turn out to be Hibs deliverance?"

Yes mate, yes he will!

Read that this morning.
A long with this http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/f45ec6ca865baed5cb9dc5c92a860c9d.jpg

It'll be a 93rd minute winner for me please :D

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 09:50 AM

Excellent behaviour.

since90plustwo
06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
I got a text from John Colquhoun seconds after Sir davie rippled the back of the net. Even he was happy we won

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I don't care particularly what the Yams have to say about 21/05/16 to be honest, they will keep the 5 - 1 stuff going because its all they have left and that's fine ... the Vlad thread on sickbag is all you need to know, he turned their club into a disgrace and nearly brought it to ruin and yet most of them still love him for the tainted trophies he brought them.

The only thing I have never understood is if we are such an irrelevance to them as they claim we are, why do they hate us so much? .... They seem utterly obsessed, if we were two people instead of two fitba clubs Hibs would have taken out a restraining order by now its so bad.

Tell you what though .... If Stubbsy had used his noggin and Hibs had played out the last 10 minutes of the League Cup final to take it to extra time instead of going for it I'm convinced Hibs would be sitting with the Scottish and League cups in the trophy room just now ..... the meltdown that would have caused doon Gorgie would have have been magnificent ... ah well, coulda' woulda' shoulda' :greengrin

HFC07
06-09-2016, 12:47 PM
The keeckback cup final match thread is hilarious. It shows their waves of emotions throughout the day.
Morning - 3pm shows there excitement at seeing Hibs get humiliated again in the final, accompanied with the usual score predictions mainly 5-1.
Game kicks off more slagging of Hibs and then dimasay Hibs go 1-0 up. The sharps and ropes need taken away at this point, although other console there fellow **** by reassuring Hibs had to score for 5-1.

As the game progresses they agree it's actually a good game.
The Huns score, totall jubilation by all.
The Huns score the second goal, calls of hibs'd it start rigning around.

Then at 4:35pm, dismay again as Hibs pull level. They are genially worried that Hibs are going to do it.
The next ten minutes has them in agony has his look certain to take the lead.
Then it happens arise sir gray as he bullets in the third. Total dismay on on the thread.

A fantastic read.

Col2
06-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Tell you what though .... If Stubbsy had used his noggin and Hibs had played out the last 10 minutes of the League Cup final to take it to extra time instead of going for it I'm convinced Hibs would be sitting with the Scottish and League cups in the trophy room just now ..... the meltdown that would have caused doon Gorgie would have have been magnificent ... ah well, coulda' woulda' shoulda' :greengrin

Fine margins, fine fine margins!!! Take a step further and if Cummings 30 yard shot had gone in 2 mins before we lost play off game or if referee in first game hasn't had a shocker then we would have been favourites to win play off against Killie. I know argument is we would have had another game to play so may have impacted approach to cup final....but we could be sitting here......Scottish cup winners, league cup winners and play off winners and back in top league.

Hibernia&Alba
06-09-2016, 01:26 PM
The keeckback cup final match thread is hilarious. It shows their waves of emotions throughout the day.
Morning - 3pm shows there excitement at seeing Hibs get humiliated again in the final, accompanied with the usual score predictions mainly 5-1.
Game kicks off more slagging of Hibs and then dimasay Hibs go 1-0 up. The sharps and ropes need taken away at this point, although other console there fellow **** by reassuring Hibs had to score for 5-1.

Then at 4:35pm, dismay again as Hibs pull level. They are genially worried that Hibs are going to do it.
Then it happens arise sir gray as he bullets in the third. Total dismay on on the thread.

A fantastic read.

Tears and snotters and seethe :greengrin

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't care particularly what the Yams have to say about 21/05/16 to be honest, they will keep the 5 - 1 stuff going because its all they have left and that's fine ... the Vlad thread on sickbag is all you need to know, he turned their club into a disgrace and nearly brought it to ruin and yet most of them still love him for the tainted trophies he brought them.

The only thing I have never understood is if we are such an irrelevance to them as they claim we are, why do they hate us so much? .... They seem utterly obsessed, if we were two people instead of two fitba clubs Hibs would have taken out a restraining order by now its so bad.

One can dream mate.

I was convinced we'd win it until the morton game. That was when i realised we could get beat by RC.

Aw how insane it would have been had we won both.

next time...

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Fine margins, fine fine margins!!! Take a step further and if Cummings 30 yard shot had gone in 2 mins before we lost play off game or if referee in first game hasn't had a shocker then we would have been favourites to win play off against Killie. I know argument is we would have had another game to play so may have impacted approach to cup final....but we could be sitting here......Scottish cup winners, league cup winners and play off winners and back in top league.
16 K each week :)

Archie70
06-09-2016, 01:50 PM
My take -
This meant every bit as much to them as it did to us as they know they now have no bragging rights, the songs and the snide comments are gone.
The fact they surrendered a 2 goal lead, at home, in the last 10 minutes crucifies them.
The vast majority of them that congratulated us and said they were happy it was us and not the Rangers are just plain liars that is evident from their change of views during their match thread.
Those that congratulated us would have been cheering as loud as any had the goal went the other way.
Some of them are genuinely still in hiding and one I know has not been seen in his local since.
I will take every opportunity to remind them that we are the Scottish Cup holders, that we beat them, the holders and half the Old Firm on route.
Their bragging rights have gone, mine (and yours) still have a long way to go.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-09-2016, 01:54 PM

A fantastic read.

:top marks

EastCalderHibby
06-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Jambo's reaction?...

������

F OFF Cummins ya f in reject :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

O'Rourke3
06-09-2016, 04:55 PM
F OFF Cummins ya f in reject :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Comedy gold....

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Jambo's reaction?...

������

Brilliant ..... what a shame its unlikely to appear on the cup final DVD, for some reason that wee clip gives a much better idea of the misery of being in the end of the team that's just had a goal scored against them than the TV ever could, the roar was impressive as the ball hit the net ... the fact that it was Maroon misery just makes it all the sweeter :greengrin

Stevie Reid
06-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Had a good few gracious texts, and not one of them I know has reacted to it badly in person.

Carheenlea
06-09-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm not one for in-your-face goading, and I'm really enjoying not bringing up the Cup Final when talking to certain members of the Hearts lunatic fringe in my home town, and watching them uncomfortably attempt to keep the chat from straying towards the Cup Final.
A hugely satisfying practice.

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Two nil, and we won the cup
Two nil, and we won the cup....

500miles
06-09-2016, 09:09 PM
My girlfriend is a Jambo and was quite gracious about it. Less gracious about Sir David's "Henderson to deliver...." commentary being my alarm every morning since.

majorhibs
06-09-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm not one for in-your-face goading, and I'm really enjoying not bringing up the Cup Final when talking to certain members of the Hearts lunatic fringe in my home town, and watching them uncomfortably attempt to keep the chat from straying towards the Cup Final.

What is WRONG with you? You dont want to be in their face about the fact we beat them THEN went on to win the Scottish Cup? You need to see a doctor!

Carheenlea
06-09-2016, 09:22 PM
What is WRONG with you? You dont want to be in their face about the fact we beat them THEN went on to win the Scottish Cup? You need to see a doctor!

When chatting to me, they're thinking about the final, they know I know they are thinking about the final, they know I'm definitely thinking about the final, and they know their obnoxious goading over the years make them now look even bigger clowns than they already were.
Not saying I won't succumb to temptation some time in the future, but for now I am enjoying this tactic immensely.

Edson Arantes
06-09-2016, 09:29 PM

Ridiculous.

It is only football after all at the end of the day.

Much more important things going on.

Alex Trager
06-09-2016, 09:32 PM
When chatting to me, they're thinking about the final, they know I know they are thinking about the final, they know I'm definitely thinking about the final, and they know their obnoxious goading over the years make them now look even bigger clowns than they already were.
Not saying I won't succumb to temptation some time in the future, but for now I am enjoying this tactic immensely.

I just hope they do realise that they are plumbs.

My problem is I feel that many don't realise how annoying they are, many stories above corroborate this fact.

Those who give it the most licks, tend to be those who simply cannot take it back.

Like ruining friendships and things over it.
The audacity of these folk who have given us it right over the years is mental.

As someone else said, if they are going to properly fall out with you it is worth not having them as a friend

majorhibs
06-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Ridiculous.

It is only football after all at the end of the day.

Much more important things going on.

Certainly! & when we are getting on with our important things, as we all do from time to time, they are priority. But when its time to tell a poppy thief that there time has come.....priceless.

Bostonhibby
06-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Certainly! & when we are getting on with our important things, as we all do from time to time, they are priority. But when its time to tell a poppy thief that there time has come.....priceless.
Agree, definitely no worse than their past its sell by date 5-1 patter, especially now we all now know how it was funded and the shame they have had to endure since.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
06-09-2016, 09:43 PM
The only reason jambos are being gracious is they know that Hibs Class prevents us from giving it tight to nice people. I bet science could prove that only about eight of them actually mean it. Don't be taken in. If we don't give back in spades what we have taken from them in the last 18 years, we will break that 'every action...equal/opposite reaction' law of physics and threaten the very fabric of the universe. Can you imagine what the Wegie media would make of that???? Wind a jambo up today - the cosmos is relying on you.

B.H.F.C
06-09-2016, 09:47 PM
They aren't being gracious at all. Its just their wee comfort blanket. They try to pretend they aren't that bothered. They try to pretend they are happy for you. They are all basically talking pish.

jacomo
06-09-2016, 10:14 PM
The only reason jambos are being gracious is they know that Hibs Class prevents us from giving it tight to nice people. I bet science could prove that only about eight of them actually mean it. Don't be taken in. If we don't give back in spades what we have taken from them in the last 18 years, we will break that 'every action...equal/opposite reaction' law of physics and threaten the very fabric of the universe. Can you imagine what the Wegie media would make of that???? Wind a jambo up today - the cosmos is relying on you.

The Board of Directors at Rangers will reflect on the implosion of the cosmos and issue their response in due course, but are struggling to understand how the Hibs are not persona non grata in every known and unknown star system in the universe.

Time For Heroes
06-09-2016, 10:54 PM
That kickback thread from that day 😂😂😂😂😂

majorhibs
06-09-2016, 11:05 PM

Got a bit to make up to me for the 80s & early 90s, but what a start! SDG!

Kato
06-09-2016, 11:39 PM

Totally.

California-Hibs
06-09-2016, 11:54 PM
After going through their Cup Final thread again - amazing! Here's my highlights....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Squad Member

Registered Users A

14,153 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:07 PM
******* hell

kila
Squad Member

Paid Member

2,472 posts
LocationSection R

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:08 PM
FFS. Stokes waltzed through there.

Smithee
(excel is the best - much easier to use than PDF's)

Registered Users B

8,423 posts
Locationnomadic
Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:09 PM
Guys.

It's the hope that kills them.

Hendricks
Squad Member

Paid Member_10

2,695 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:16 PM
Hopefully Neilson is watching this from behind his ******g couch. IF they win it he will always be remembered as the Hearts Head Coach who allowed it to happen.

BangkokHearts
75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge

Paid Member

1,437 posts
LocationBangkok, Thailand
Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:32 PM
The HIBSING begins!

Placid Casual
Winter is coming.

Paid Member

1,071 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:26 PM
Thank **** for that.

Skivingatwork
In Ann We Trust

Registered Users B

1,241 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:25 PM
5-1 quite possible now as hibs are finished

Jamie86

Registered Users B

260 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:42 PM
Hibs feeling confident in a final can only mean 1 thing and it's not Hibs winning in a final

davie1980

Registered Users D

1,370 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:48 PM
Hib's have lost the big games in the last minute this season.
Will it be the 93rd or the 122nd minute this time?

neilnunb
Reserve Team

Registered Users A

14,893 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:52 PM
******g hell

Uncle Buck
Season Ticket Holder

Paid Member

8,139 posts
LocationAuld Reekie

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:53 PM
Feel sick.

Dannie Boy
Evil is the absence of Good.

Paid Member_10

10,522 posts
LocationEdinburgh

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:53 PM
Its going to be murder in Edinburgh if this goes the distance.

RENE
oldie

Registered Users D

246 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:54 PM
thank goodness I'm away early tomorrow till next weekend.

TheOak88
Squad Member

Registered Users C

1,266 posts
LocationEdinburgh
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:56 PM
Hearts can only blame themselves for this. We had the chance to prevent this

Hendricks
Squad Member

Paid Member_10

2,695 posts

DONATOR

Thanks Neilson you utter ******g tit. You will be remembered as the Hearts Head Coach who had 2 games to knock them out and couldn;t.

PeterintheRain
Advanced Member

Registered Users A

86 posts
They can thank that cheating piece of GFA **** Thompson for saving them at Tynecastle. May they rot in the lower leagues forever.

FWJ
Relentless

Registered Users A

4,700 posts

DONATOR

Honestly thought I'd never see it.

Gutted.

ChunkyCharlie

Registered Users A

874 posts
LocationLivingston
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:57 PM
Not gonna lie....

This feels ****.

D4nny_
Squad Member

Paid Member

1,033 posts
LocationEdinburgh
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:58 PM
Jesus Christ. Feel sick if I'm honest!

VALDOS
Squad Member

Registered Users A

1,424 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:58 PM
Hibs doing this on Robbies watch, FFS!

Hendricks
Squad Member

Paid Member_10

2,695 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:59 PM
TheOak88, on 21 May 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:
Hearts can only blame themselves for this. We had the chance to prevent this

Totally. A ******g disgrace and Neilson actually thought it humorous at the time. He will struggle to shake off that tag.

Sooperstar
Squad Member

Paid Member

15,039 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:03 PM
Our own fault. We had them beaten.

Craigieboy
5-1 (We're over it)

Paid Member_10

24,108 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:18 PM
Pity we had them at Tynecastle and ****ed it up.

Neilsons legacy.

****s sake! Aye well done vermin, Rangers were absolutely shocking! They need a whole new starting 11 to get anywhere near their expectations for next season!

And enjoy the championship tramps, will be the last cup you ever win... Tick tock!

pablo

Registered Users A

3,079 posts
LocationNorth Britain

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:29 PM
This is their '98. They're going to be partying for a while.

Bestnameever

Registered Users A

101 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:29 PM
Unless he wins us the league this is what neilson will be remembered for

jockmac

Registered Users C

270 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:31 PM
Neilson take a bow, I think he deserves a medal, it's only fair.

Craigieboy
5-1 (We're over it)

Paid Member_10

24,108 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:34 PM
It seems to irk people on here but like it or not, Robbie Neilson will be remembered for his part in hibs most historic win in living memory.

It's just a fact.

Riddley Walker
Trubba not.

Registered Users D

3,451 posts

DONATOR

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:31 PM
I'm never starting a match thread again, that was my first one

Snedds76

Registered Users C

531 posts
Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:42 PM
Hate to say it but someone might need to edit the title of this post now cos it looks pretty ******* silly!!

1875STEVE
07-09-2016, 12:08 AM
After reading that thread, and a few of the others, I need someone to explain something to me.

It's the first time ive ever really had a good look, so......

WTF is with the cut outs of faces?????

And WTF does Christian Bale have to do with Hearts????

Haymaker
07-09-2016, 06:01 AM
Two nil, and we won the cup
Two nil, and we won the cup....

I can't wait for that in the next derby!

Onion
07-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Can understand those Yams who are philosophical and accepting of our Cup Win. They had their years of fun, more than they could possibly have hoped for. But the number of finals Hibs were getting to meant we were bound to pick one off at some point. Also we thoroughly deserved to beat the Huns on 21 May, and were the best team in the competition.

As for those Yams still spouting venom and bile, there is no saving them. Sad pathetic little people.

NZ Green
07-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Their comprehension of the English language is limited, so they have to express themselves with pictures.

SteveHFC
07-09-2016, 11:31 AM
After reading that thread, and a few of the others, I need someone to explain something to me.

The Christian Bale cut out face is from American Psycho. Great film.

Col2
07-09-2016, 11:37 AM
They aren't being gracious at all. Its just their wee comfort blanket. They try to pretend they aren't that bothered. They try to pretend they are happy for you. They are all basically talking pish.

Best summary yet. And let's be honest we would do the same ourselves or roles reversed. No semi intelligent person is going to rant and rave in public much to the amusement of a rival fan (friend or colleague). It's nothing clever, just human nature. However when time moves on the mask does start to slip and the defence mechnism is not always on guard!!!

WeeRussell
07-09-2016, 12:03 PM
I know it isn't worth analysing anything that is spouted on that forum... but in what way was Craig Thomson (the ref) to blame for them not beating us in the Scottish Cup? I can't recall any incidents :confused:

ACLeith
07-09-2016, 12:17 PM
I know it isn't worth analysing anything that is spouted on that forum... but in what way was Craig Thomson (the ref) to blame for them not beating us in the Scottish Cup? I can't recall any incidents :confused:

Maybe that's why they blamed him, they didn't get their usual :rolleyes:

lucky
07-09-2016, 12:39 PM
It's quite a funny read. The vast majority of them are spewing. I don't recall any incidents at the PBS that CT gave us.

The Green Goblin
07-09-2016, 01:32 PM

:faf: Absolutely. Love it.

Eyrie
07-09-2016, 07:04 PM

It just goes to prove what a bunch of ungrateful illegitimates the Yams are, when you consider how he gift wrapped the 2012 final for them.

mjhibby
07-09-2016, 07:13 PM

Yes it's great saying nothing and smiling knowing it hurts them much more than commenting. There past infantile behaviour,as my dad would have said,makes it all the more immensely satisfying.

SRHibs
07-09-2016, 07:28 PM

They seem to post those faces with the tags 'seethe' or 'pleasing'. Makes me cringe every time I see someone do it on this forum.

Onceinawhile
07-09-2016, 08:55 PM
I've said before but one of the (hearts supporting) partners at my work brought all the hibs fans in a bottle of champagne which was a great touch.

On Friday however one of the other hearts fans at work genuinely used the phrase big team big cup, wee team wee cup.

I was poorless.

CraigHibee
07-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Have to say the Jambos I know have been good, the ones at work came up and shook my hand and congratulated me, a couple on Facebook got emptied though for being complete tools

Glory Lurker
07-09-2016, 10:21 PM
I'll say it again - most of the jambos being nice are only doing it to stop us giving them it tight. Don't be fooled!