PDA

View Full Version : Tom Hateley - Dundee

Hfc_Since1875
05-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Looks set to sign for Dundee if you beleive the Express.

Cant really blame him if its a choice between First Choice at Dundee or back up to Gray at us. Would have been a good signing if he had joined us though i think!

Dundee will complete the signing of Tom Hateley on Monday, with the offer of a two- or three-year deal available to the former Motherwell player. Hateley is a free agent after leaving Polish side Slask Wroclaw in the summer. (Daily Express)

Craig_HFC
05-09-2016, 12:08 PM
His dad is a dick.

IWasThere2016
05-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Undergoing his medical right now..

Offer is a minimum of 2 year deal..

IWasThere2016
05-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Signed.

Lago
05-09-2016, 01:15 PM
His dad is a dick.
Yeah thats been done to death.:confused:

Craig_HFC
05-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Yeah thats been done to death.:confused:

I know, it was me that started it on the other thread.

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
05-09-2016, 01:23 PM
If he chose Dundee over us then he is not the right type of player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
05-09-2016, 01:30 PM
If he chose Dundee over us then he is not the right type of player for us.

I said the same on another thread, I only want players who want to be here, pretty sure I read someone say he was asking for silly money.

Jim44
05-09-2016, 02:03 PM
I said the same on another thread, I only want players who want to be here, pretty sure I read someone say he was asking for silly money.

He'll not be getting silly money from Dundee. Are they not suspected to be the Premiership club whose chairman says they are near liquidation? I reckon the fact they are nominally a Premiership club would possibly be the criterion swaying Hateley's choice. Didn't know his dad was called Richard by the way. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
05-09-2016, 02:10 PM

He won't get silly money at Dens.

I'm not sure he'd play for us - benchwarmer perhaps.. Not so at DFC

BullsCloseHibs
05-09-2016, 02:12 PM
would hardly have been an exciting signing.

I'll sleep ok tonight. I think :greengrin

greenteam
05-09-2016, 03:36 PM
His dad is a dick.

Lol..still always going to laugh at that.."hi dad, just signed for Hibs! Oh btw your a dick"

neil7908
05-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Thought he would have been a reasonable addition but tbh part of me is glad to see a player choose first team football (which he'd presumably get at Dundee) over ££££

GreenOnions
05-09-2016, 07:14 PM
He won't get silly money at Dens.

I'm not sure he'd play for us - benchwarmer perhaps.. Not so at DFC

I think this is right. If he came to Hibs it would be as a squad player/back-up. He would be unlikely to be a first pick at either right back or in midfield. I would imagine he would have more of a chance of a regular game at Dens - ironic really as they are the Premier Division team - but I think most would agree with that.

I would put my money on this being the major reason.

3pm
05-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Undergoing his medical right now..

Offer is a minimum of 2 year deal..

Signed.

Maybe the fastest medical ever.

Nae wonder McPake and Thomson got 2 year deals.

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Always thought he would choose Dundee over 2nd fiddle to Sir David of Graytness here...good luck to him and no sleep lost on my part

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JDHibs
06-09-2016, 07:50 AM
He was asking for silly money when he was only ever going to be a back up for Gray.

Dundee arent near liquidation, they made £700k+ on Hemmings and Stewart and are planning a new stadium.

Dundee guaranteed first team football, hence why hes been given the no7 shirt, we couldnt do it, we told him his first team game time would be limited and he wanted to progress in his career and not sit on a bench getting decent money.

Cant really fault the guy.

Ozyhibby
06-09-2016, 08:51 AM
He was asking for silly money when he was only ever going to be a back up for Gray.

Dundee arent near liquidation, they made £700k+ on Hemmings and Stewart and are planning a new stadium.

Dundee guaranteed first team football, hence why hes been given the no7 shirt, we couldnt do it, we told him his first team game time would be limited and he wanted to progress in his career and not sit on a bench getting decent money.

Cant really fault the guy.

Whatever happened there is no way we told him his first team game time would be limited. That is not how you sign players.
For what it's worth, if he had signed I think he would have played most games.

J-C
06-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Whatever happened there is no way we told him his first team game time would be limited. That is not how you sign players.

:agree: Hateley is more of a midfielder than right back and with McGeouch's injury problems he would've played a decent amount of games, I still feel he's guaranteed a start at Dundee and that's why he's went there but he was always a squad player and not a main starter.

CapitalGreen
06-09-2016, 09:41 AM

Exactly, he started most games for a team that finished 4th in the Polish Premier division a year ago. Most likely scenario is that at his age he wants to continue playing top flight football and Hibs can't offer that unfortunately.

ian cruise
06-09-2016, 11:51 AM

Maybe he asked for guarantees to be in starting line up u less injured and was told that couldn't be given, whereas Dundee were happy to oblige? I too think there was a good chance he'd get plenty game time, maybe not most games but certainly 60% between midfield and right back, but I wouldn't offer guarantees.

Forza Fred
07-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Maybe he asked for guarantees to be in starting line up u less injured and was told that couldn't be given, whereas Dundee were happy to oblige? I too think there was a good chance he'd get plenty game time, maybe not most games but certainly 60% between midfield and right back, but I wouldn't offer guarantees.

No manager can 'guarantee' a professional player to be in the first team unless injured, regardless of his form on the park and if any player truly believes that he is an idiot.

Best he could have got along those lines, and this is probably what is more likely, is that he was told the manager's intention is to play him as first choice, and doesn't expect that to change.

Mind you two or three performances where the guy performs like a complete Diddy, and he would be out of the side irregardless of injury status.