PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Malta 1-5 Scotland

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 05:52 PM
C'mon the SCOTS!

Not having it that there's no match thread for our Country in a World Cup Qualifying Match! Far too big to be neglected.

Anyway, for those of us who are passionate and interested in the national team.

Team news? All I'm seeing is Darren Fletcher to lead the team out.

Malta 0-2 Scotland.

Got a good feeling this time around, think this might finally be the campaign where we do it, instead of being the hard luck 'oh so close' story.

Again, C'MON SCOTLAND, stuff the nae sayers! :greengrin:thumbsup::saltireflag

Highland_Hibee
04-09-2016, 06:00 PM
I have found it difficult to get as worked up about Scotland matches in recent times. Even when we weren't qualifying but pushing teams like Italy and France to the final game it was interesting. I've got my Scotland top on though and I'll be tuning in to hope just maybe this time. I do know a little green team that just put to bed a very old hoodoo....you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChicoM1875
04-09-2016, 06:03 PM
C'mon scotchland! Is Super John McGinn getting a game?

Cod Boy
04-09-2016, 06:07 PM

No

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 06:10 PM

He's on the bench

iwasthere1972
04-09-2016, 06:12 PM

B.H.F.C
04-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Rolf Harris at right back and the guy from Coldplay up front. Interesting team.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 06:14 PM
I have found it difficult to get as worked up about Scotland matches in recent times. Even when we weren't qualifying but pushing teams like Italy and France to the final game it was interesting. I've got my Scotland top on though and I'll be tuning in to hope just maybe this time. I do know a little green team that just put to bed a very old hoodoo....you never know.

That's the spirit! Sitting here in California with 2 other Scot's with our Scotland tops on too. The Euro campaign where we beat France twice only to lose out to Italy in the dying seconds of the game because a free kick that very was, was and is still very hard to take!

Some can't see it though but we have progressed under Strachan and there's some really decent talent within the Scotland team. Think it's gonna be interesting between us England and Slovakia. I'm feeling confident that at the very least we'll finish 3rd and get a Play-Off chance at long last, however 2nd is definitely not unachievable by any means and going by that England performance, neither is 1st!

Think Snodgrass is a main man and hoping he puts in a performance this campaign along with Matt Richie, who is another quality player.

Gordy M
04-09-2016, 06:16 PM
That's the spirit! Sitting here in California with 2 other Scot's with our Scotland tops on too. The Euro campaign where we beat France twice only to lose out to Italy in the dying seconds of the game because a free kick that very was, was and is still very hard to take!

Some can't see it though but we have progressed under Strachan and there's some really decent talent within the Scotland team. Think it's gonna be interesting between us England and Slovakia. I'm feeling confident that at the very least we'll finish 3rd and get a Play-Off chance at long last, however 2nd is definitely not unachievable by any means and going by that England performance, neither is 1st!

Think Snodgrass is a main man and hoping he puts in a performance this campaign along with Matt Richie, who is another quality player.
Only winners qualify mate.....2nd go into a ply off.

Mikey_1875
04-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Uninspiring line-up, predicting a draw.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Also not seen much of our 13 Million pound man Oliver Burke. Will be interesting to see how he get's on this campaign. With a price tag like that he must have something about him!

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Only winners qualify mate.....2nd go into a ply off.

Really? Wow, i've been completely under the wrong understanding then! That does make it a lot tougher..

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Marshall;
Paterson, R.Martin, Hanley, Robertson;
D.Fletcher, Bannan;
Burke, Snodgrass, Ritchie;
C.Martin.

Scotland subs:
Gordon, Hamilton, Berra, Greer, Hutton, Anya, Forrest, McGinn, McKay, Morrison, S.Fletcher & Naismith.

sambajustice
04-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Fairly uninsipiring and the fact Darren Fletcher is in there giving it everything he's got makes Scott Brown look like a bit of a clown.

Why is Ross Wallace not in there? He was fairly influential for Wednesday last season as they got to the Play offs, granted he's 30 or 31.

A draw wouldnt surprise me. That said 10 of that team are playing at a higher level than the SPL so maybe we're writing it off because we dont see and hear about them every week.

I'm assuming that Paterson is in there as the token SPL player but surely there must be a better Scottish player playing in Scotland than him!!?

Hiber-nation
04-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Someone said earlier that Watt was starting....thankfully he's not even on the bench. Bad enough with Paterson in there.

Ergye
04-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Have we really sunk so low as a football nation that Hearts players are getting in the first team?

Really?

Scorrie
04-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Just seen some clips of Oliver Burke. Jeezo he is fast and strong. See what he can do at international level

J-C
04-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Uninspiring line-up, predicting a draw.

Jeez it's getting bad when we're predicting a draw against the likes of Malta :confused:

jarre1875
04-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Watt got injured apparently. Saw the clips of burke n he looks no bad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibby Bairn
04-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Someone said earlier that Watt was starting....thankfully he's not even on the bench. Bad enough with Paterson in there.

Saw Paterson just 6 or so years ago playing at Saughton for Tynecastle U15s. Done well for himself. And proves that early entry into pro-youth isn't a pre-requisite for success. Maybe the opposite. In fact I reckon most of that line up never touched Scottish club pro youth.

Highland_Hibee

Yeah it was tough but I think how we flopped a straight forward group with Burley hurt even more.

There's things I find annoying about Strachan's management but I certainly wouldn't say he's bad for the job.

Snodgrass, Ritchie and Griffiths could be important for us this campaign. Would be great to see SJM given an opportunity. This Burke lad may or may not live up to this sudden hype.

C'MON SCOTLAND!!

Booked4Being-Ugly
Paterson, OMG!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Can't see why we are not starting with two up front but we will see.

Onceinawhile
04-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Those who are uninspired, what are you expect? Who would inspire You?

Golden Bear
04-09-2016, 06:55 PM
You can't blame the guys who were picked but the team selection really does highlight the shortage of real talent throughout Scottish football at present.

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 06:58 PM
1-0 :thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
04-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Take that :greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Keeper must have a bet on Snodgrass 1st scorer. Absolute howler.

mjhibby
04-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Marshall;
Paterson, R.Martin, Hanley, Robertson;
D.Fletcher, Bannan;
Burke, Snodgrass, Ritchie;
C.Martin.

Scotland subs:
Gordon, Hamilton, Berra, Greer, Hutton, Anya, Forrest, McGinn, McKay, Morrison, S.Fletcher & Naismith.

A bizarre line up. Bench looks stronger than the starting line up. Not optimistic but I hope they get a result. Surely the likes of mcginn,forrest and Morrison should be starting. Forrest is on fire just now. Can see it being a snore draw or us nicking it.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Yessssss! There's me saying I rate Snodgrass, that's why!! 0-1. I like the look of Burke in this first 10 minutes, looks very direct and tricky!

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Scotland haters raging right now! Pleasing :D

sleeping giant
04-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Cuff me

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Jeezo

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Scotland haters raging right now! Pleasing :D:faf:

California-Hibs
Ok Scotland haters delighted now :( que more comments for the Malta goal than the Scotland one. Such is the mindset.

mjhibby
You can't blame the guys who were picked but the team selection really does highlight the shortage of real talent throughout Scottish football at present.

If we don't play the likes of mcginn and Forrest we will never progress. The number of poor Hertz players in and around scotland squads underliness how poor we are. Paterson and watt should not be near a Scottish team. Depressing.

trev the hat
Patterson is Pony

Pretty Boy
That defending.......

Lucky it wasn't a penalty before, full back so slow to get out when it should have been and easy offside and Paterson giving the guy 2 yards on him then weak as **** in the challenge. Shambolic.

Albanian Hibs
SSN still not reported any of the goals yet

Highland_Hibee
Burke immediately looking like the type of player Scotland don't produce very many of. Someone who wants to run past players. That lucky goal lead didn't last long. Paterson's man for their goal.

J-C
04-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Brutal defending

Libby Hibby
And that my friends is exactly why Paterson should be nowhere near our national team, horrendous defender

California-Hibs
That defending.......

Lucky it wasn't a penalty before, full back so slow to get out when it should have been and easy offside and Paterson giving the guy 2 yards on him then weak as **** in the challenge. Shambolic.

We'll still win it. Consolation in the end.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:06 PM
And wasn't I right with there being more comments about the Malta goal than Scotland's? Absolutely predictable. So so sad.

Ozyhibby
04-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Is Barry bannon on the bench?

Albanian Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Cmon Scotland!!!

J-C
04-09-2016, 07:08 PM
And wasn't I right with there being more comments about the Malta goal than Scotland's? Absolutely predictable. So so sad.

What did you expect, we were controlling the game and looking good and got a bit of luck with a deflection, 1 up and fairly happy, then we defended like schoolboys with Paterson nowhere near his man, yes there's going to be more comments.

Nameless
04-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Ok Scotland haters delighted now :( que more comments for the Malta goal than the Scotland one. Such is the mindset.
If you honestly think any Scots man or woman hates the Scotland team, then the California sun has got to you. I don't give a stuff about the Scotland team - if they win, good, if they lose it doesn't affect my day. To suggest I "hate" them because I don't "support" them is garbage.

Ronniekirk
04-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Someone said there were five thousand tartan army fans going to the game Good on them ,but it wouldnt be me with that team
I assume we will go on to win the game ,but its hardly an inspiring line up
Get Super John Mcginn on and some drive and energy and skill on the pitch

Lago
04-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Ok I'll start what a shambles of a defence.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:11 PM
If you honestly think any Scots man or woman hates the Scotland team, then the California sun has got to you. I don't give a stuff about the Scotland team - if they win, good, if they lose it doesn't affect my day. To suggest I "hate" them because I don't "support" them is garbage.

Well I'll challenge you with that one no problem. I've read the words 'hate' and 'Scotland' thrown into the mix together many times and not only on here either.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Someone said there were five thousand tartan army fans going to the game Good on them ,but it wouldnt be me with that team
I assume we will go on to win the game ,but its hardly an inspiring line up
Get Super John Mcginn on and some drive and energy and skill on the pitch

Ah. I take it you stayed away during the hard times at Hibs when the quality was lacking yet the guys needed support? And sprinted back when better times rolled around. A wonderful mindset to have...

Pretty Boy
04-09-2016, 07:13 PM
What a sitter.

Keepers done well but it's almost harder to hit him than score.

leither17
04-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Great ball from Paterson was just like Cummings for Graham absolute sitter from Snoddy

Lago
04-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Square pass followed by square pass, but hey plenty ball retention pity there is no forward pass.

matty_f
04-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Burke's former club manager was on the radio the other night and said the boy could only really play as a winger. Good to see Strachan has him playing to his strengths...

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Look, we're no world beaters, and yes, the defense is very worrying, but what gets me is the general feeling that folk give off that they WANT the national team not to succeed. That's all. I'm out.....till we get the 2nd.

J-C
04-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Well I'll challenge you with that one no problem. I've read the words 'hate' and 'Scotland' thrown into the mix together many times and not only on here either.

I'm a proud Scot and want to see any Scottish team/individual do well but we've been honking for a while now at football and it's hard to generate enthusiasm for the national team, I've never been one to go to Internationals as I prefer supporting Hibs instead but using the word hate is very strong.

matty_f
04-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Look, we're no world beaters, and yes, the defense is very worrying, but what gets me is the general feeling that folk give off that they WANT the national team not to succeed. That's all. I'm out.....till we get the 2nd.

Would love to see us succeed. Very unlikely with squads like this, though.

Nameless
04-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Aye, ok. I've read the words "soap" and "hun" before, but I've never met a clean one. At least Malta scoring means you can have a pop at folk who don't care about the national team.

Sylar
04-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Chris Martin is never a footballer, let alone a bloody internationalist!

This is absolutely agonising to watch so far. We're deficient all over the park against a team that haven't won a home match in 46 attempts...

GlesgaeHibby
04-09-2016, 07:21 PM
How Bannan got the nod over mcginn is unbelievable

Brightside
Those who are uninspired, what are you expect? Who would inspire You?

2 strikers?

SRHibs

The problem is we are perennial *****bags. How can you expect the fans to want us to do well when the man in charge is constantly uninspiring to the point that it seems like he himself doesn't want to win.

HibbyAndy
04-09-2016, 07:22 PM
What club does Martin play for ?

J-C

This is absolutely agonising to watch so far. We're deficient all over the park against a team that haven't won a home match in 46 attempts...

Sure that's not Chris Martin from Cold Play, that would explain why he's so crap.

leither17
What club does Martin play for ?

Just signed for Fulham from Derby

Highland_Hibee
04-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Someone on FB informed me Hutton wouldn't have done any better than Patterson for their goal. Maybe but I assure you going forward he offers more than a hopeful hoof over the by line.....

Hibby Bairn
04-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Someone on FB informed me Hutton wouldn't have done any better than Patterson for their goal. Maybe but I assure you going forward he offers more than a hopeful hoof over the by line.....

Cracking ball in for Snodgrass though.

HibbyAndy

:aok:

SRHibs
If we are going to play one up front then let's make it someone who is prolific FFS. Not Fletcher, not Chris 'hasn't-scored-in-14-games' Martin. Griffiths, Rhodes, or even Cummings.

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Team selection is laughable. Some of these guys really are not worthy of wearing the Scotland jersey.

johnbc70
04-09-2016, 07:29 PM

Who have an option to buy him at the end of the season for.......... £9M!!!!

trev the hat
Team selection is laughable. Some of these guys really are not worthy of wearing the Scotland jersey.

Not only selection 4-2-3-1 is awful

Sylar
Has Barry Bannan been getting 1 on 1 lessons from Barry Ferguson?! Every single pass is going sideways or backwards.

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Not only selection 4-2-3-1 is awful

Exactly!

jabis
04-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Andy Walker on the coaching staff!

SteveHFC
04-09-2016, 07:33 PM
We should be way ahead infront

Billy Whizz
04-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Andy Walker on the coaching staff!

Watson

stokesmessiah
04-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Who have an option to buy him at the end of the season for.......... £9M!!!!

Frightening.

Aldo
04-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Has Barry Bannan been getting 1 on 1 lessons from Barry Ferguson?! Every single pass is going sideways or backwards.

He's been better that 'I want to take 20 touches before I pass' Fletcher.

Paterson had actually played ok and was unlucky not to prevent their goal after Hanley and Mattin were posted missing.

Positive note.... Burke.... This boy is strong, quick and has a good touch. I would give him the ball at every opportunity

jabis
04-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Watson

Either spellchecker or I'm slightly squiffy😁

Real Emerald
04-09-2016, 07:39 PM
That tube Provan said Bannon had a great first half. I thought he's been terrible. Provan never seems to be able to see what's actually happening in games. Boring boring boring!

Ronniekirk
04-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Ah. I take it you stayed away during the hard times at Hibs when the quality was lacking yet the guys needed support? And sprinted back when better times rolled around. A wonderful mindset to have...

Am a hibby through and through Travelled to many s gsme at Easter Rd from Fife when crowds were under six thousand and have seen all our Failures in Cup Semi Finals and Cup Finals since the ealy 70 s Sadly my Sprinting days are over but i Persevered and was there when we won the Holy Grail and for the record i enjoyed your video watching the final few minutes with your family Moments like that make it worthwhile
But will confess when it comes to the National Team i am more an Armchair fan and even at that i am not watching tonights game but watched the Hibs game earlier

Hiber-nation
04-09-2016, 07:40 PM
I can see why he's picked Russell Martin despite the fact he can neither defend nor get a game for Norwich when the alternatives are Berra and Greer. I can even maybe just see why he picked Paterson when a past-it Hutton is the only alternative. But a £12m striker sitting at home? You can't make it up.

RyeSloan
He's been better that 'I want to take 20 touches before I pass' Fletcher.

Paterson had actually played ok and was unlucky not to prevent their goal after Hanley and Mattin were posted missing.

Positive note.... Burke.... This boy is strong, quick and has a good touch. I would give him the ball at every opportunity

Fletcher has been brutal.

What a pathetic 45 minutes of football...

BoltonHibee
Strachan should **** right off after this. An absolutely joke of a first XI. Malta must be one of the worst sides in the world and we have gone out with that formation and side. ****ing joker.

Lago
04-09-2016, 07:41 PM
No wonder we have never qualified since 1998, this is embarrassing. :confused:

Real Emerald
04-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Fletcher has been brutal.

What a pathetic 45 minutes of football...

Fletcher used to be all over the park linking play and making angles. He's way past that now unfortunately.

trev the hat
04-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Martin, Bannan & Patterson in Strachans strongest 11 available really is baffling.
Meanwhile Fletcher, McGinn, Forrest & Anya sit it out 😳

magpie1892
04-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Don't know what Davie Provan is saying on the broadcast but he's in the box next to mine and going spare at half-time.

With good reason.

sambajustice
04-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I think folk are getting carried away with John mcginn

Aldo
04-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Fletcher has been brutal. What a pathetic 45 minutes of football...

I like Bannan and he's at least trying to play forward.

Our best out ball has been Robertson but he's only had Martin to aim for.

What I find hard to take us Martin hasnt played for the first team this season and was caught ball watching

Onion
04-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Half this team should be nowhere near an international jersey and probably more than any I've seen shows just how far we've fallen from the great Scottish sides of the 70s and 80s. Shocking.

O Burke looks like our only quality player.

northstandhibby
04-09-2016, 07:48 PM

Not at all. Young John is a cracking player. Best midfield prospect Scotland has by a long margin.

GGTTH

J-C
Martin, Bannan & Patterson in Strachans strongest 11 available really is baffling.

I agree the team selection has baffled me too, it looks like he's happy with a point.

Nameless
I'd like to see him on for Bannan....to be fair, I'd rather see the wee hun McKay than Bannan at the moment.

Stax
04-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Worse for me is the fact Mcormack & Rhodes not even in the squad?

Scottie
Strachan should **** right off after this. An absolutely joke of a first XI. Malta must be one of the worst sides in the world and we have gone out with that formation and side. ****ing joker.
:agree: I was excited when WGS took over but this is a car crash of a starting 11 tonight.

Jim44

Strahan has been caught a few time shaking his head in his hands. His body language is worrying and if we don't get a win, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked.

CorrieHibs
Chris Martin is horrendous.

Don't see what Bannan offers.

Worrying that Hanley and Russel Martin are the best we have.

Burke has looked lively and good to have Snodgrass back.

SRHibs
**** me, if Chris Martin is going for 9m then nothing less than 30m should be accepted for McGinn/Cummings.

Highland_Hibee
04-09-2016, 07:50 PM
We should be way ahead infront

With some of their opportunities I will settle for not being way behind!

Onion
04-09-2016, 07:52 PM

It's frightening how far Strachan has fallen since his early days in charge. His first 11 is a boring, uninspiring mess of a team which is unlikely to get us anywhere near Russia.

Mikey_1875
04-09-2016, 07:53 PM
I think Strachan warrants a bit more time as we have had some decent results but still ultimately failures i suppose. This surely can't be all we have to offer selection wise though and the discontent is growing.

matty_f
04-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Scotland are brutal.

Haymaker
04-09-2016, 07:57 PM
It's the baffling selections and formation that gets me.

matty_f
04-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Yes!! Get in.

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Finally :thumbsup::thumbsup:

J-C
04-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Good goal and great cross by Ritchie.

matty_f
Hee-haw wrong with the boy lying down either, cheating *******.

California-Hibs
GOAL! Order restored ;) hopefully for a bit longer this time.

trev the hat
04-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Fantastic ball from Ritchie & good finish

leither17
04-09-2016, 08:00 PM
You can't defend crosses like that

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 08:01 PM

It's a funny game. Good goal Chris! Cmon Scotland!

heretoday
04-09-2016, 08:01 PM
The Maltesers are a bit crumbly in the middle.

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Hee-haw wrong with the boy lying down either, cheating *******.

Boy saying Hanley knee'd him in the back. Didn't see that TBH.

Looks like he shoved his groin into the boys back. He'll be back on shortly no doubt!

green day
04-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Opinions, eh I think Bannan has had a decent game

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Opinions, eh I think Bannan has had a decent game

I would agree!

hfc rd
04-09-2016, 08:04 PM
How's Oliver Burke playing?

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:05 PM
How's Oliver Burke playing?

Well for his first game. Very strong, quick and direct!

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Malta down to 10 men

Scotland penalty

Waxy
04-09-2016, 08:06 PM
No a pen

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Malta down to 10 men Scotland penalty

That's a sitter not a penalty

hibee_girl
Not entirely sure what happened there but we'll take it, 3-1 :thumbsup:

California-Hibs
And there's number 3! Maltas goal was always going to be a consolation and folk needed to calm down. Happy to start the group off with 3 points!

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Never a penalty

SaulGoodman
04-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Feel bad for the boy getting sent off

trev the hat
04-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Good pen from Snodgrass

Callum_62
Davie Provan drives me mental - "obviously given for the challenge on Martin at the back post"

It was never a pen in million years, the boy didn't come close to touching him

Just say it as it is....he never dived, he just missed the ball when stretching for it

Aldo
Feel bad for the boy getting sent off
Yip saved Chris Martins embarrassment at missing a tap in

lucky

You love Scotland that much you live in the USA!!

Tha Cabbage Kid
we shouldnt be winning this game. cant beleive im saying this. but im ashamed we are 3-1 up

J-C
No a pen

That's a sitter not a penalty

Clipped his left heel as he was about to kick the ball, not a big hit but enough to make him miss it.

tamig
Ridiculous reffing for sending off and pen.

Jim44
04-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks ref but what a howler. :greengrin

Lago
Never a penalty
Correct, poor refereeing.

bawheid
Let's go on now and kill Malta as an archipelago.

Aldo
Clipped his left heel as he was about to kick the ball, not a big hit but enough to make him miss it.

Don't see it JC. Martin was already going down!

Gordy M
we shouldnt be winning this game. cant beleive im saying this. but im ashamed we are 3-1 up

Behave yourself:rolleyes:

erin go bragh
04-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Scotland top of the group ( as things stand ) and Hibs top of the league . When's the last time that happened?

Waxy

Looks like there was no contact at all but we'll see in the proper analysis.

Monts
Boy saying Hanley knee'd him in the back. Didn't see that TBH.

Looks like he shoved his groin into the boys back. He'll be back on shortly no doubt!

Balls of steel

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Balls of steel

Iron Baws McGinty

trev the hat
Clipped his heel for me, knew exactly what he was doing IMO deserved Red

lucky
Never a pen. But it's gives Scotland a wee cushion that should guarantee 3 points away from home but think we are going to struggle to get anywhere in this group

J-C
Don't see it JC. Martin was already going down!

Just going by the slow mo, looked like Martin was about to put his left boot through it and he just skimmed the back of his heel, the ref was 4 yards away and was looking right at it, gave a pen immediately.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 08:13 PM

Oh dear, haha..

Aldo
Burke looks a find and did well for his debut!

stoneyburn hibs

I'm not, chin up.

hfc rd

Need to score two more before that's confirmed 😏

H18 SFR

Is it not like his third cap or something like that?

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Just going by the slow mo, looked like Martin was about to put his left boot through it and he just skimmed the back of his heel.

And I thought he was going to slide in and put it in with his right.

O well still 1-3

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Is it not like his third cap or something like that?

Or is it the first game he started?? Shows you how much I know

Onceinawhile
04-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Good result and top of the group.

Would have had super John on by now, but what can you do.

H18 SFR
04-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Or is it the first game he started?? Shows you how much I know

Defo played a couple before. He had a shocking challenge in one of the games and was lucky to not be shown a red card.

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Defo played a couple before. He had a shocking challenge in one of the games and was lucky to not be shown a red card.

Cheers for that

Hibs90
04-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Get SJM on

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Malta players cramping up?

Iggy Pope
04-09-2016, 08:22 PM

A USA supporting Hibby getting flak? Unlike so many much-vaunted Hibbies that can't wait to get a couple of hundred miles south (or north) of Edinburgh? Baws. I wouldn't look out my back windae to watch Scotland. Get a wee glow when they win. As I do when Scotland do well at running / tennis/ rugby / curling / other crap like that.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Yawn, number 4...

Scorrie
04-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Well in Steven Fletcher. 4-1

Iggy Pope
04-09-2016, 08:25 PM

£13 million pound of a find? Christ.

Aldo
04-09-2016, 08:26 PM
£13 million pound of a find? Christ.

:-)

trev the hat
04-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Nice finish Fletch

Hibby Bairn
04-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Thread''s pathetic. Professional performance from Scotland. Not many teams will win by 3 goals in Malta. Wee Bannan has been excellent as has Ritchie and Snodgrass.

We're no world beaters but this has been a decent performance and excellent result imo.

mutley
04-09-2016, 08:27 PM
If we score 1 more, do we kill Malta as a country??

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Good to start off the group by going top. Hopefully will encourage a few people to get on board with their support and encouragement. There's no doubt gonna be tough games in this group but Scotland can surprise a lot and qualify from this group. The games against Slovakia are gonna be the biggies!!

But hey, that's just an opinion of a Scottish person living in California, if I'm allow one because of that?...

Scorrie
04-09-2016, 08:30 PM
If we score 1 more, do we kill Malta as a country??

Malta are now deid!

hibee_girl
5-1

Snodgrass hat trick :thumbsup:

renato
Malta dead as a country now...

California-Hibs
Thread''s pathetic. Professional performance from Scotland. Not many teams will win by 3 goals in Malta. Wee Bannan has been excellent as has Ritchie and Snodgrass.

We're no world beaters but this has been a decent performance and excellent result imo.

This. People will deny it but there will genuinely be people a bit frustrated that Scotland just won 1-5.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 08:31 PM
always been a fan of snodgrass, gets the match ball

mutley
...... And there it is, no 5

The Captain....
I think Scotland have looked quite bright going forward. They worry me without the ball tho..the shape of the team is shocking at times. Overall Strachan will be delighted..Malta can be quite stuffy at home and as i type the 5th has gone in. Good start to the campaign after a few dodgy moments first half.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

silverhibee
Malta deid..

Gordy M
04-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Maybe strachan does know what he is doing then......

California-Hibs
That's why I rate Snodgrass! A great player!! We actually do have a few of them believe it or not. Looking forward to Griffiths joining this fold!

Craig_HFC
Killed them as a nation.

Albanian Hibs
Have we just killed Malta off as a country?

bawheid

:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 08:33 PM
i hope malta can pick themselves up and get 3 points in their next game

Bishop Hibee
04-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Top of the group, hullo, hullo 😀

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 08:36 PM
another red for malta

mutley
04-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Another red!

trev the hat
04-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Snodgrass MOM for me closely followed by Ritchie
Lots of harder games to come

GlesgaeHibby
04-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Snodgrass MOM for me closely followed by Ritchie
Lots of harder games to come

Ritchie's dead ball delivery, and ball in for Martins goal, was superb

J-C
04-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Good 2nd half from Scotland and nice to bag a few goals as they might come in handy later, delighted Snodgrass got his hattrick, one of our better players.

Diclonius
04-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Was initially very worried but that was a good performance from Scotland.

green with envy

Deary me - still thinking this?

trev the hat
Ritchie's dead ball delivery, and ball in for Martins goal, was superb

Agreed, felt formation hampered him early on
Really like Ritchie good player.

Sylar
04-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Excellent second half - looked a different team once we got going!

Onion
04-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Result never in doubt. Strachan is master tactician. Much, much harder games to come. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 08:45 PM
*re-reads thread to see if any posts deleted

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 08:47 PM
great weekend for the TA

Speedy
04-09-2016, 08:48 PM

:agree:

12 years since they've lost by a bigger margin in Malta.

We were lucky to win by as many goals (never a pen/red) but we did and the points are on the board.

iwasthere1972
04-09-2016, 08:48 PM
another red for malta

Maltese Cross? They were fuming.

The_Horde
04-09-2016, 08:49 PM
So much negativity regarding the team and some weird view points on certain players in here.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2016, 08:49 PM
A boy in the pub got a text from the bookies that Snodgrass was 33's after he scored his first for a H-Trick, 340 in his pocket, happy days.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 08:53 PM
can the maltese put in an appeal to get the defenders red card rescinded ?

Greencore
04-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Malta dead as a nation.

JimBHibees
04-09-2016, 08:58 PM
That tube Provan said Bannon had a great first half. I thought he's been terrible. Provan never seems to be able to see what's actually happening in games. Boring boring boring!

Couldn't agree more was watching a different game. How does he get a job for sky? Must be a mate of Charlie's gig.

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 09:04 PM
So much negativity regarding the team and some weird view points on certain players in here.

It usually gets worse than today mate! The game we beat Ireland 1-0 (Malloney curled strike) you'd have thought we lost if you read the thread in here!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to read a few decent positive points. They may be few but when your country wins 1-5 away from home in a competitive game, they're rightly justified.

The_Horde
04-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Snodgrass is the man.

Hibrandenburg
04-09-2016, 09:08 PM

Have a word with yourself.

The_Horde
04-09-2016, 09:09 PM
It usually gets worse than today mate! The game we beat Ireland 1-0 (Malloney curled strike) you'd have thought we lost if you read the thread in here!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to read a few decent positive points. They may be few but when your country wins 1-5 away from home in a competitive game, they're rightly justified.

It's almost like folk decide they don't like players before the game and then can't even praise them when they do well.

The only down side to the game today, for me anyway, is the center backs. Not so much Martin but Hanley worries me. Surely we have someone, somewhere who could step up. If Paterson is capable then surely Hanlon deserves a shot?

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 09:14 PM
It's almost like folk decide they don't like players before the game and then can't even praise them when they do well.

The only down side to the game today, for me anyway, is the center backs. Not so much Martin but Hanley worries me. Surely we have someone, somewhere who could step up. If Paterson is capable then surely Hanlon deserves a shot?

Agree wholeheartedly.

Stax
04-09-2016, 09:23 PM

trev the hat
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM

McCormack is a no brainer, a quality proven goal scorer at high level Rhodes I'm not so fussed about TBH

Albanian Hibs
04-09-2016, 09:40 PM

What's your point? My husband loves Albania but lives in Scotland.

northstandhibby
04-09-2016, 09:41 PM
A USA supporting Hibby getting flak? Unlike so many much-vaunted Hibbies that can't wait to get a couple of hundred miles south (or north) of Edinburgh? Baws. I wouldn't look out my back windae to watch Scotland. Get a wee glow when they win. As I do when Scotland do well at running / tennis/ rugby / curling / other crap like that.

What about Haggis Throwing, or Tossing the Caber? Does that not get your adrenaline pumping?

:greengrin

GGTTH

snooky
04-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Maltese Cross? They were fuming.

Falcon right they are.

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Happy enough with the result but wish we had done better.

Our movement was criminal, just poor, and we rode our luck in facing a team who play at the level they do.

Lucky in the end and we need to play a lot better if we want to progress.

BoltonHibee
05-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Deary me - still thinking this?

Yes, I think the way he set up against Malta was ****ing awful. Gave them far too much respect.

We should have had a far more aggressive formation. Malta are ****ing hanging.

We play with tempo and they keel over after 60 minutes with crap.

We should have had double figures.

Overall an awful performance

hibs0666
05-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Yes, I think the way he set up against Malta was ****ing awful. Gave them far too much respect.

Lol that's a hoot!

500miles
05-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Five goals aren't enough now.

Deary me.

bigwheel
05-09-2016, 07:24 AM

So here are the last set of home results for Malta...

Malta (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/malta/malta/1455/)
2 - 0 (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/06/08/world/friendlies/malta/lithuania/2032076/)
Lithuania (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/lithuania/lithuania/1411/)
View events (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/06/08/world/friendlies/malta/lithuania/2032076/#events)
More info (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/06/08/world/friendlies/malta/lithuania/2032076/)

Fri
12/06/15
ECQ (http://uk.soccerway.com/international/europe/european-championship-qualification/2016-france/qualifying-round/group-h/g6826/)
0 - 1 (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/06/12/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/bulgaria/1653280/)
Bulgaria (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/bulgaria/bulgaria/382/)
View events (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/06/12/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/bulgaria/1653280/#events)
More info (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/06/12/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/bulgaria/1653280/)

Sun
06/09/15
ECQ (http://uk.soccerway.com/international/europe/european-championship-qualification/2016-france/qualifying-round/group-h/g6826/)
2 - 2 (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/09/06/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/azerbaijan/1653331/)
Azerbaijan (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/azerbaijan/azerbaijan/192/)
View events (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/09/06/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/azerbaijan/1653331/#events)
More info (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/09/06/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/azerbaijan/1653331/)

Tue
13/10/15
0 - 1 (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/10/13/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/croatia/1653402/)
Croatia (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/croatia/croatia/514/)
View events (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/10/13/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/croatia/1653402/#events)
More info (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/10/13/europe/european-championship-qualification/malta/croatia/1653402/)

Thu
24/03/16
FRI (http://uk.soccerway.com/international/world/friendlies/2016/friendlies-2/r33483/)
0 - 0 (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/03/24/world/friendlies/malta/moldova/2185040/)
Moldova (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/moldova/moldova/1506/)

More info (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/03/24/world/friendlies/malta/moldova/2185040/)

Sun
04/09/16
WQE (http://uk.soccerway.com/international/europe/wc-qualifying-europe/2018-russia/1st-round/group-f/g8859/)
1 - 5 (http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/09/04/europe/wc-qualifying-europe/malta/scotland/2116333/)
Scotland (http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/scotland/1940/)

Maybe bringing a bit of reality into your made up views, might be helpful..

California-Hibs
05-09-2016, 07:43 AM

'Overall an awful performance' ...???....Oh this thread just gets better and better!

Highland_Hibee
05-09-2016, 08:17 AM

If no one else is giving Malta a hiding at home why should we come along and be any different?

I'm not going to get carried away with a result against the group minnows but I'm satisfied with seeing us get 5 goals.

It's one thing having high expectations but to call that an awful performance is laughable.

BoltonHibee
05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Lol that's a hoot!

I know

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Malta's worst home result since 2004, apparently.

hibee-boys
05-09-2016, 11:36 AM
I think the result was much better than the performance, huffed and puffed for most of the first half. The ordering off played a massive part in the overall result. Good to see us getting a break for once!

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Croatia v Turkey just kicked off....in an empty stadium

Holmesdale Hibs
05-09-2016, 08:26 PM
The score flatted us last night but a good result and a win is a win. We're playing guys that can't get in english championship teams so have to be realistic about what we can expect.

Is it just me it would anyone else not recognise half the team of they walked past you in the street? Don't like being negative because I love watching Scotland but the gulf between us and other home nations seems to be widening.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
I thought Matt Ritchie was really good.

I think he can play at a higher level than his current club.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 09:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Scottish-Football-Away-Fans-302439376632606/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Rodney get a ****in move on. :faf::faf::faf:

Jonnyboy
05-09-2016, 09:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Scottish-Football-Away-Fans-302439376632606/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Rodney get a ****in move on. :faf::faf::faf:

:faf:

Jonnyboy
05-09-2016, 10:02 PM
https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/772695768398458880/video/1

:tee hee: