PDA

View Full Version : Turriff 0-3 Hibs match updates

Pages : 1 [2]

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Boyle was poor, Crane was poor,Foster was poor, but to suggest a player has no future after a three nil win,is really really poor form!

That's why myself and others are making these comments. Because he's poor EVERY time he plays unlike the others. How many chances can we give him? He's not good enough, lovely lad but that means nothing in football.

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Bloody rubbish the cat, stop picking on Harris he was 11/10.

😁😁

fishybeaver
04-09-2016, 05:33 PM
That's why myself and others are making these comments. Because he's poor EVERY time he plays unlike the others. How many chances can we give him? He's not good enough, lovely lad but that means nothing in football.
Sounds like you wouldn't know a footballer if he booted you in the bawz

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-09-2016, 05:41 PM
The boss will know whether Harris has it or not.

Stubbs didn't rate him and I'll hazard a guess Lennon doesn't either.

He's had more game time due to us having a marginally trimmer squad and only probably played today as we were playing Turriff so was a jersey filler.

I think the large majority of Hibs fans have been desperate for Alex to make it but it's not going to happen. He's not being made a scapegoat or any nonsense comments like that. He's just not good enough to get into our match day squad.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Sounds like you wouldn't know a footballer if he booted you in the bawz

Really? Knowing Harris he'd swing at my baws and miss.

staunchhibby
04-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Feel harris is not going to be much of an asset.Has seemed to have lost his way

Aldo
04-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Boyle was poor, Crane was poor,Foster was poor, but to suggest a player has no future after a three nil win,is really really poor form!

First half I thought Boyle decent, took on his man at every opportunity and was direct. Foster did his job and I thought Crane, another young player did OK barring maybe one or 2 small mistakes.

Harris has had plenty opportunity to impress and prior to his injury it looked like he had a bright future in the game.

Don't know what it is but I personally feel he's not good enough for Hibs.

He might be good enough to play elsewhere where the expectations are lower but not good enough on his current form for Hibs I'm afraid.

It's also not just after one game it's been since his return from injury. He has shown very small glimpses of his former self since then and that is nowhere near good enough.

I would suggest that his game time in the first team will be very limited this season.

HFC_NYC
04-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Job done, but not a great performance.

fishybeaver
04-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Really? Knowing Harris he'd swing at my baws and miss.
Has he pumped your bird or something?

Big L
04-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Bloody rubbish the cat, stop picking on Harris he was 11/10.

I've read lots of posts where people blame Butcher for destroying Alex Harris's game, but if what I've heard is true, their is more to it than that. It was apparently that bad under Butcher that the lad was scared to go in to training and that his mother wanted to buy out his contract. I feel that we have been cheated out of a great wee player due to mismanagement, it's obvious he has been badly handled. I hope he stays and that he gets himself back to where he was before Butcher.appeared on the scene, so let's get off the lads back and give him a bit of encouragement for a change.

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Has he pumped your bird or something?

Nope, he's just no very good! My "bird" is out his league as well. 😎

Unseen work
04-09-2016, 06:02 PM
It's weird, I don't rate him particularly high but he won't probably get the most assists in the team if he started

jacomo
04-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Sounds like Harris got the message to throw this competition as soon as possible, but certain players defied instructions.

Raging.

So ... Harris 10/10, everyone else zero.

ChicoM1875
04-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Hibs win 3-0. In the Highlands. Away. Against a potential banana skin team. Hit the bar thrice. Yay.

Stoney Hibee
04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Any yams spotted amongst the Turriff Utd fans? 😏

No but weirdly there was a guy with a Celtic scarf in our end.

Allant1981
04-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Solid enough win,not great but hey ho a wins a win, cant say i was that impressed with the young guys but these are good games to play them in and get experience

J-C
04-09-2016, 06:33 PM
1st half was decent with Crane, Murray and Martin impressing and Harris had a couple of decent runs. Don't know what Lennon said to them at half time or did they eat a curry during the break as they were all off the pace and Turriff to their credit came into the game a bit. The result was never in question but 6-7 goals should've been scored, I think their crossbar is twice the width.

Re the Harris debate, he's not the scapegoat but apart from a couple of nice pieces of play his influence on the game was disappointing, he's not been the same since his injury and the abuse he got from Butcher/Malpas, does he have the desire to make it at our level, many players look the business but fail to make it, he had a chance to really put a show on today and failed.

RoxburghHibs
04-09-2016, 06:37 PM
When's the next round draw?

hibee_girl
04-09-2016, 06:39 PM
When's the next round draw?

Tuesday

RoxburghHibs
04-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Tuesday

Thanks

Lago
04-09-2016, 06:56 PM
I've read lots of posts where people blame Butcher for destroying Alex Harris's game, but if what I've heard is true, their is more to it than that. It was apparently that bad under Butcher that the lad was scared to go in to training and that his mother wanted to buy out his contract. I feel that we have been cheated out of a great wee player due to mismanagement, it's obvious he has been badly handled. I hope he stays and that he gets himself back to where he was before Butcher.appeared on the scene, so let's get off the lads back and give him a bit of encouragement for a change.
The most sensible post I've read re Alex Harris, for anyone to fear going into his place of work is awful, I hope he proves all his critics wrong & his play to set up the 3rd goal was excellent.

Ardenttwo
04-09-2016, 07:03 PM
1st half was decent with Crane, Murray and Martin impressing and Harris had a couple of decent runs. Don't know what Lennon said to them at half time or did they eat a curry during the break as they were all off the pace and Turriff to their credit came into the game a bit. The result was never in question but 6-7 goals should've been scored, I think their crossbar is twice the width.

Re the Harris debate, he's not the scapegoat but apart from a couple of nice pieces of play his influence on the game was disappointing, he's not been the same since his injury and the abuse he got from Butcher/Malpas, does he have the desire to make it at our level, many players look the business but fail to make it, he had a chance to really put a show on today and failed.

Thought the boy Murray had a good solid game,but very disappointed with Harris. I was really rooting for him to shine today but he really did not do himself any favours. A training session in reality and the best pies ever (mince)

BT58
04-09-2016, 07:08 PM
It was good to see Dylan McGeough getting a good 80 minutes. A professional job done by the team NL put out. As i said before if it had not been for their goalie and the bar it could have been a big score, The way NL has his team playing someone is going to take a beating ( hopefully Dumbarton)

staunchhibby
04-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Do not think harris was the only one that was unhappy going to training when butcher and malpas were on the scene.There man management skills left a lot to be desired.

BS44
04-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Have Hibs ever played Linfield?

lucky
04-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Hibs cruised the game. It really could have been 10. Harris played ok and I hope he continues to find his form.

dp00
04-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I thought Harris had quite a good game , amazing how we all see it differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamhere1875
04-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Just back from Turriff a mediocre performance by a mixed Hibs team

Tamhere1875
04-09-2016, 09:03 PM
I thought Harris had quite a good game , amazing how we all see it differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harris has all the skills and if only he would believe in him self till he does there's no way he will get in to the league side

Peevemor
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Saddened that despite a 3 nil win some people are starting a witch hunt!
No witch hunt from me - I was simply answering a question about the reasons why a club might buy out a player's contract. I almost never criticise individual players (on here anyway) and would love to see Harris in particular live up to the potential he showed before his injury.

H18 SFR
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
I remember Alex Miller telling me that a player never loses ability, they just fail to exercise it for a wide range of reasons, he pointed out Jim Leighton as an example of this.

There is a player somewhere in Alex Harris, sadly Easter Road is not the place for him. Fingers crossed for him he realises that potential and ability is there somewhere else.

The Captain....
04-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Really? It was insipid? You sure mate?

Yep or I wouldn't have posted it would I:greengrin? After a a bit of a whirlwind start the vast majority of the game was played at near walking pace against very poor opposition. Nobody pressed a real claim for a start in the first team (imo)...it was workman like but pretty dull.

I would say the young lad Murray had some nice touches and took his goal well. Graham looks a threat in the air but wasn't as involved as I;d have liked, mainly because we seemed to take the foot off the pedal completely at 0-2.

I'd have liked to have seen us be a bit more ruthless..I think we're capable of playing a lot better than we did..even allowing for the expected changes and youngsters in the team.

ian cruise
05-09-2016, 07:11 AM

If this was the case, and I have no reason to doubt your info, then maybe a sports psychologist is the answer. I always remember reading an article with Ryan Stevenson (I know) talking about how a sports psychologist helped him make the step up when he moved to hearts and was quite impressed with the idea. Stevenson was nowhere near as good a player as Harris has the potential to be but somehow managed to perform at a higher and more consistent level than Alex has managed so far. It certainly is unlikely to do any harm.

Jim44
05-09-2016, 07:30 AM
If this was the case, and I have no reason to doubt your info, then maybe a sports psychologist is the answer. I always remember reading an article with Ryan Stevenson (I know) talking about how a sports psychologist helped him make the step up when he moved to hearts and was quite impressed with the idea. Stevenson was nowhere near as good a player as Harris has the potential to be but somehow managed to perform at a higher and more consistent level than Alex has managed so far. It certainly is unlikely to do any harm.

You might very well be correct in your suggestion, but is it not the case with psychology, hypnotism and addiction therapy etc. that the 'patient' has to believe in the treatment and admit there is a problem in the first place. It might be that Harris doesn't/won't recognise or realise that there is a problem. Remember, Harris's 'problem' has been identified by football fans. The lad maybe doesn't have psychological problems at all but has simply plateaued.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-09-2016, 07:55 AM
I actually thought harris was ***** yesterday. I can't see why we still have him on our books as hes not good enough...i know some folk like him but i just can't see it

Alex Trager
05-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Have Hibs ever played Linfield?

Why are they so Hunnish?
I have no idea about them.
I assume they're northern Irish?

Why are the Huns crazy about this particular club and not any other teams from NI?

Regardless them away would be a good draw. :)

Diclonius
05-09-2016, 10:14 AM
http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/New-Linfield-Umbro-Kit-2016-17.jpg

Take a guess.

Tinribs
05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/New-Linfield-Umbro-Kit-2016-17.jpg

Take a guess.

That's a lot of random scribbling on the wee boy standing at the left. Would be worth playing them just to give him it tight about that and his terrible haircut.

Smartie
05-09-2016, 10:32 AM
That's a lot of random scribbling on the wee boy standing at the left. Would be worth playing them just to give him it tight about that and his terrible haircut.

Which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that about half our players are currently sporting a similar look.

Tinribs
05-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that about half our players are currently sporting a similar look.

The neck and sleeves maybe, but I was drawn to that one on his knee to be honest. And I would defend any hibby with a bad haircut, won't hear a word said against our Jason :)

J-C
05-09-2016, 10:41 AM
The neck and sleeves maybe, but I was drawn to that one on his knee to be honest. And I would defend any hibby with a bad haircut, won't hear a word said against our Jason :)

That looks more like a mark on the photo, it seems to go slightly over his knee and onto the background.

G B Young
05-09-2016, 10:42 AM
The boss will know whether Harris has it or not.

Stubbs didn't rate him and I'll hazard a guess Lennon doesn't either.

He's had more game time due to us having a marginally trimmer squad and only probably played today as we were playing Turriff so was a jersey filler.

I think the large majority of Hibs fans have been desperate for Alex to make it but it's not going to happen. He's not being made a scapegoat or any nonsense comments like that. He's just not good enough to get into our match day squad.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Here's what Lennon had to say about Harris in pre season:

“I like Alex Harris, I think he’s a good player, and I thought he was very good (against Berwick Rangers) on Tuesday night.
“I liked him two years ago but, for whatever reason, he’s lost his way a little bit.
“But you can see what he brings to the team.
“We certainly think we’ve got a decent player there, if he can be consistent in his game – because he’s certainly got the game.”

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Here's what Lennon had to say about Harris in pre season:

“I like Alex Harris, I think he’s a good player, and I thought he was very good (against Berwick Rangers) on Tuesday night.
“I liked him two years ago but, for whatever reason, he’s lost his way a little bit.
“But you can see what he brings to the team.
“We certainly think we’ve got a decent player there, if he can be consistent in his game – because he’s certainly got the game.”

Not going to openly slate him is he?

Time will tell. I'll take any bet that he won't play much football for Hibs this year.

G B Young
05-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Not going to openly slate him is he?

Time will tell. I'll take any bet that he won't play much football for Hibs this year.

You might be right, but I think Lennon's comments go some way beyond trying not to 'slate him'. They imply he thinks Harris still has a chance of turning things around otherwise you'd assume he'd be back out on loan or have come to a mutual agreement to leave like Danny Carmichael, a player you might have thought would get more of a chance to shine than Harris but who Lennon was quick to let go.

Personally I thought Harris did OK yesterday but not well enough to make me think he's recovered the right mentality to make his mark again.

J-C
05-09-2016, 01:37 PM
You might be right, but I think Lennon's comments go some way beyond trying not to 'slate him'. They imply he thinks Harris still has a chance of turning things around otherwise you'd assume he'd be back out on loan or have come to a mutual agreement to leave like Danny Carmichael, a player you might have thought would get more of a chance to shine than Harris but who Lennon was quick to let go.

Personally I thought Harris did OK yesterday but not well enough to make me think he's recovered the right mentality to make his mark again.

Harris has a lot of skill and talent, we all know about Butcher's time here and it may go a long way to explain why he doesn't do enough. He showed glimpses of that talent yesterday but in a game like this glimpses are not enough. As young lad he was always going to be inconsistent, jeez even McGinn has bad games but Harris is no kid any more, he's been a full 1st team players for 3-4 years now. If Lennon thinks he can make him into a top player, then it'll not cost a lot in wages to find out if he can.

Smartie
05-09-2016, 01:59 PM
I still think he looks tentative.

He's got the pace and the ability to beat his man and provide a good delivery. But I think he looks like he's over-thinking things at times.

I'd like to see him get it and just run at his man every time, put him on the back foot - that's when he looks to be at his best.

Sometimes he'll get tackled but that happens to wingers. I think Harris would get less flak from us for being positive but sometimes not pulling it off that for being tentative, cutting inside or trying to pass and giving the ball away.

HoboHarry
05-09-2016, 03:41 PM

Take a guess.

Maybe its a whoosh moment for me but I don't get what the picture is about?

Jim44
05-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Maybe its a whoosh moment for me but I don't get what the picture is about?

A stellar woosh. :greengrin ..... Or maybe it's a whoosh moment for me.:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
05-09-2016, 04:48 PM
When's the draw for the next round?

offshorehibby
05-09-2016, 04:50 PM
When's the draw for the next round?

Tomorrow