PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a night that was

Stantons Angel
04-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Attended Lewis's testimonial dinner last night and would just like to thank the organisers for arranging a brilliant night in honour of our longest serving plsyer.

I make no excuse in saying Lewis is a big favorite of mine and thoroughly deserves all the accolades he is getting.

Last night 950 people gathered to show him homage and to celebrate his 10years with Hibs.

This was a huge organisational project for the committee to have taken on, but they did and how well did they do it.

The atmosphere built up all night until the Proclaimers took to the stage to entertain us with many of their hit songs. Sunshine on Leith belted out good style!

The meal was excellent and the service staff where amazing. The excellent online auction raised over £52,000 of which Lewis insists the 50% goes equally to two charities.

In all an excellent night was had by all concerned. Those on the committee should be proud of their work to salute Lewis. Well done to you all!

Col2
04-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Sounded brilliant. I know I am behind a bit but has any announcement been made re testimonial football match and when? Or any rumours?

Given popularity and feel good factor you have to think it would bring in a lot of fans.

southsider
04-09-2016, 11:54 AM
I had another 7 of my family,including my parents,(my dad is 81) and we all had a brilliant night. Bonus was I was the only red wine drinker at our table which ment I had two bottles for myself. Happy days !

Dashing Bob S
04-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Attended Lewis's testimonial dinner last night and would just like to thank the organisers for arranging a brilliant night in honour of our longest serving plsyer.

I make no excuse in saying Lewis is a big favorite of mine and thoroughly deserves all the accolades he is getting.

Last night 950 people gathered to show him homage and to celebrate his 10years with Hibs.

This was a huge organisational project for the committee to have taken on, but they did and how well did they do it.

The atmosphere built up all night until the Proclaimers took to the stage to entertain us with many of their hit songs. Sunshine on Leith belted out good style!

The meal was excellent and the service staff where amazing. The excellent online auction raised over £52,000 of which Lewis insists the 50% goes equally to two charities.

In all an excellent night was had by all concerned. Those on the committee should be proud of their work to salute Lewis. Well done to you all!

What was the meal?

Frogga
04-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Did Lewis do a speech?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
04-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Did Lewis do a speech?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a chance of that happening!

He did a Q&A with Grant Stott

ben johnson
04-09-2016, 02:53 PM
The whole event was run superbly. Nearly a thousand people fed and watered without a hitch. Thought the management and staff did a great job and they were very attentive. Also the security staff were very respectful to the guests something our stewards at ER could learn from.

A more modest man you are unlikely to meet in LS. Deserves a big crowd for the game when it comes around.

murray26
04-09-2016, 02:56 PM
What players made it..?

ben johnson
04-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I only saw Paul Hanlon and managed to have a very quick hello with David David Gray. ! Just a great buzz about Hibs at the moment Long may it last.

Craig_HFC
04-09-2016, 03:04 PM
What players made it..?

David Gray, Liam Fontaine, Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor, Martin Boyle, Dylan McGeouch, Jordon Forster, Alex Harris & Danny Handling.

Kevin Thomson, Scott Robertson & Liam Craig were there too.

Oh and Lewis, obviously.

TheSouthMoroccan
04-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Fantastic night, one of the best. For David Gray, who was there, the highlight was having me shake his hand and thanking him for you know what. Thank you, thank you, thank you.:greengrin

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2016, 03:11 PM
I only saw Paul Hanlon and managed to have a very quick hello with David David Gray. ! Just a great buzz about Hibs at the moment Long may it last.

Mcgregor Hanlon Boyle Foster Harris Mcg Sir David Fontaine. Handling. Thompson which Kevin was in tears at S O L me too

Sir David Gray
04-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Top night, really well attended and the atmosphere at the end for Sunshine On Leith was amazing.

Really enjoyed it. :aok:

CB_NO3
04-09-2016, 11:40 PM
What was the meal?

Pie n beans. What a night but. Fantastic. X

Ergye
05-09-2016, 02:28 AM
Pie n beans. What a night but. Fantastic. X

What was the vegetarian option?

GlesgaeHibby
05-09-2016, 04:02 AM

Macaroni pie n beans

macca70
05-09-2016, 06:44 AM
http://www.alanrenniephotography.co.uk/lewisstevenon030916?fpciidx=5

Jones28
05-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Looked like an epic night! The proclaimers as well, that's a gig in itself

Alex Trager
05-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Any videos?

Looked a cracking night! Jealous, hugely jealous!

Who was that older boy on stage?

Was he commentating on the final or something? It seemed that way?

Craig_HFC
05-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Any videos?

He sang Nessun Dorma with the goals from the Final being played on the big screens. It was class.

Edit: I took this video https://youtu.be/APCJkOUe5Qw

hibs0666
05-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Any videos?

The bloke sang Nessun Dorma over a video (Green Goblin's maybe?). Had me in bits.

TrinityHibs
05-09-2016, 09:08 AM
He sang Nessun Dorma with the goals from the Final being played on the big screens. It was class.

Edit: I took this video https://youtu.be/APCJkOUe5Qw

Brilliant Craig thanks

Alex Trager
05-09-2016, 09:46 AM
Really like that Hibs song.

Any other videos of the speaking or the boy singing ND?

Class

southsider
05-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Not a chance of that happening!

He did a Q&A with Grant Stott
If Lewis made a speech he then became a participant and he would then been taxed on funds raised.

WeAreHibs
05-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Was an amazing night, one of the best ever. The organisers should be very proud of the whole event.

Lewis and his wife are lovely people, thoroughly deserved and a fantastic achievement.

FranckSuzy
05-09-2016, 10:51 AM
It was a fantastic night and I am glad my video message was played at the start of the night so I could then relax :greengrin :embarrass

I spoke to Lewis, and thanked him for his extremely generous gesture, but it's probably a measure of the man that he said thank you me for all I'm doing for children :not worth Hibs class indeed :thumbsup:

SloopJB
05-09-2016, 11:35 AM

n beans