PDA

View Full Version : Hibs take Polish right-back on trial

--------
04-09-2016, 08:43 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-take-polish-right-back-on-trial-1-4220102

Reading the thing about Mackay from another thread - noticed this.

Ex-West Ham and Jagellonia Bialystok in the Polish top division. One cap for Poland. Filip Modelski, 23-year-old right-back.

Neil's not done yet - still looking for players.

If it's been covered already, apologies.

brog
04-09-2016, 09:10 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-take-polish-right-back-on-trial-1-4220102

Reading the thing about Mackay from another thread - noticed this.

Ex-West Ham and Jagellonia Bialystok in the Polish top division. One cap for Poland. Filip Modelski, 23-year-old right-back.

Neil's not done yet - still looking for players.

If it's been covered already, apologies.

I think Kenny Millar tweeted last week that we looked at him but didn't pursue.

IanM
04-09-2016, 09:42 AM
I think Kenny Millar tweeted last week that we looked at him but didn't pursue.

He's back training for a second time

--------
04-09-2016, 10:38 AM
He's back training for a second time

Good that Neil's still looking. We could do with cover for that position.

Off the bar
04-09-2016, 10:54 AM
What's the similarity between Hibs new right back and mr muscle?

They're both polish.

I'll get my coat.

NikGunnarsson
04-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Might not mean anything but the other right back we had on trail Johad Ferretti put on his instagram story him saying bye to his dog and him at the airport with his passport so he might also be trialing again

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Might not mean anything but the other right back we had on trail Johad Ferretti put on his instagram story him saying bye to his dog and him at the airport with his passport so he might also be trialing again

Why is he bothering with football if he has a dog that can read. :confused:

HibbyAndy
04-09-2016, 01:26 PM

:hilarious

:tee hee:

ekhibee
04-09-2016, 01:28 PM
There seem to have been a few rumour threads about right backs recently, IMO it's a left back we need. Just my opinion though.

Green Reaper
04-09-2016, 01:28 PM

10/10 😃

CapitalGreen
04-09-2016, 01:34 PM
There seem to have been a few rumour threads about right backs recently, IMO it's a left back we need. Just my opinion though.

Why would we need 3 left backs? :confused:

Diclonius
04-09-2016, 01:49 PM

We have plenty cover for Stevenston - Crane is supposedly good and Hanlon can play there if needed.

Heisenberg
06-09-2016, 07:38 AM
Playing today in the 20s game according to the papers.

R'Albin
06-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know if his Dad is a dick?

Hibbyradge
06-09-2016, 08:26 AM
What's the similarity between Hibs new right back and mr muscle?

They're both polish.

I'll get my coat.

Remember to leave the keys.

Jim44
06-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know if his Dad is a dick?

Nah, he's called Dariusz. :greengrin

Fisherrow Harp
06-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Maybe the wrong thread but does anyone know if we have much of a support within the Polish community in Edinburgh? I have seen the Polish flag in the east and at the cup final and I have wondered for sometime what our support is like from tthe Polish and other ex pat communites.

Diclonius
06-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Maybe the wrong thread but does anyone know if we have much of a support within the Polish community in Edinburgh? I have seen the Polish flag in the east and at the cup final and I have wondered for sometime what our support is like from tthe Polish and other ex pat communites.

I'm a quarter Polish, do I count?

MB62
06-09-2016, 10:15 AM

I thought you were 2/3rds Polish, but that might just be Pish :wink: :greengrin

R'Albin
06-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Nah, he's called Dariusz. :greengrin

:hilarious

jgl07
06-09-2016, 10:31 AM

Ex- Jagellonia Bialystok in the Polish top division.

I read that as Max Bialystock for one moment:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oNUqpl5D96w

Fisherrow Harp
06-09-2016, 11:20 AM

Ha! I had a Polish uncle, that'll be two then 👍

--------
06-09-2016, 12:07 PM

The dog can read, but he moves his lips while he's doing it.

Really not that smart. :devil:

erin go bragh
06-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Why would we need 3 left backs? :confused:

The same could be said for right back .
Gray , Forster and McGregor can all play that position .

Ray_
07-09-2016, 05:29 AM

Obviously he feels the latter two are not good enough going forward. The manager has already come out and said he wants back up to avoid the necessity to change tactics should Gray get injured.

JDT
07-09-2016, 06:29 AM
I'd rather we tried to find a youth player within our current system rather than signing a random right back who no one's heard of before

flash
07-09-2016, 06:34 AM
I'd rather we tried to find a youth player within our current system rather than signing a random right back who no one's heard of before

Even if he is better than what we have?

Zazu62
07-09-2016, 06:35 AM

Did u know who David gray was before he signed?

Leith_Hibee
07-09-2016, 07:07 AM
Did u know who David gray was before he signed?
Yes, I'd be surprised if people hadn't heard of the Edinburgh boy who was at Man Utd.

JDT
07-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Even if he is better than what wehave?

I'll trust Lennon if he thinks he'd be a decent addition to the squad if he does sign. I hope he makes me eat humble pie and turns out to be excellent signing but I just feel a bit for Scottish youth today when they’re overlooked because a supposed better foreigner is available (Zarabi & Kujabi are the ones that give me nightmares).

CapitalGreen
07-09-2016, 08:14 AM
I'll trust Lennon if he thinks he'd be a decent addition to the squad if he does sign. I hope he makes me eat humble pie and turns out to be excellent signing but I just feel a bit for Scottish youth today when they’re overlooked because a supposed better foreigner is available (Zarabi & Kujabi are the ones that give me nightmares).

How many Zurabi/Kujabi type signings have we made since 2014 since Mathie came in and we overhauled our player recruitment strategy?

CapitalGreen
07-09-2016, 08:14 AM

Only one of those players is a right back.

Andy74
07-09-2016, 08:28 AM
How many Zurabi/Kujabi type signings have we made since 2014 since Mathie came in and we overhauled our player recruitment strategy?

Do you mean how many haven't really worked out? Quite a lot actually for various reasons.

Feruz, Dje Dje, Eckersley, Sinclair, Watson, Reguero, Cerny, Kennedy, Dagnall, Carmichael, Farid, to name a few.

Allant1981
07-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Do you mean how many haven't really worked out? Quite a lot actually for various reasons.

Feruz, Dje Dje, Eckersley, Sinclair, Watson, Reguero, Cerny, Kennedy, Dagnall, Carmichael, Farid, to name a few.

Not really the same though is it, reguero and cerny were brought in as back up, dagnall was ok but wasnt poor, carmichael was good when fit, kennedy wasnt suited to our style of play at the time, farid was good until he got a really bad injury, feruz yes was a bit of a strange one, eckersley also. So all in all not the same

hibs0666
07-09-2016, 08:53 AM

If they had all 'worked out' we would have had 22 players on the park and that is not allowed.

Andy74
07-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Not really the same though is it, reguero and cerny were brought in as back up, dagnall was ok but wasnt poor, carmichael was good when fit, kennedy wasnt suited to our style of play at the time, farid was good until he got a really bad injury, feruz yes was a bit of a strange one, eckersley also. So all in all not the same

Indeed and we can make all the same arguments for previous signings.

CapitalGreen
07-09-2016, 09:07 AM

No, unfortunately you have misunderstood my point.

By "Zurabi/Kujabi type signings" I meant players who had not been properly scouted/signed based on Agent DVDs. From the above, Dje Dje probably fits this description, the others not so.

HibsNutter
07-09-2016, 09:25 AM

Most of these players were good, just not as good as other guys we've signed or struggled with injury. If anything this reinforces how good a job we've done in the transfer market.

worcesterhibby
07-09-2016, 09:42 AM
No, unfortunately you have misunderstood my point.

By "Zurabi/Kujabi type signings" I meant players who had not been properly scouted/signed based on Agent DVDs. From the above, Dje Dje probably fits this description, the others not so.

really I thought Dje Dje was a bit unlucky..never got much game time and did pretty well when he did get on the park.

Hibbyradge
07-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Ha! I had a Polish uncle, that'll be two then 👍

My dad was Polish.

CapitalGreen
07-09-2016, 10:03 AM
really I thought Dje Dje was a bit unlucky..never got much game time and did pretty well when he did get on the park.

Again, I am not talking about talent/performance, I am talking about the manner in which they were scouted/signed.

Alex Trager
07-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Ha! I had a Polish uncle, that'll be two then [emoji106]

Interested in how your uncle was polish but none of your parents were.

Unless he was married into the family in which case it disny count! ;)

Andy74
07-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Again, I am not talking about talent/performance, I am talking about the manner in which they were scouted/signed.

I'm not so sure those days will ever go away totally though as players will come out of nowhere that you haven't scouted for weeks. You do what you can to take soundings and even take them on trial but you never know.

In the last couple of years for example I doubt we'd done too much scouting on Malonga, Dje Dje, Dagnall even Logan. Probably more.

How they are judged pretty much depends on whether they are in teams we like signed by managers we liked. Some of the guys I listed previously wouldn't have been talked up if they had been signed by previous managers. conversely, there are players that are talked about now as total failures who actually contributed more than some of those we signed recently.

SteveHFC
07-09-2016, 10:28 AM
My dad was Polish.

My uncle is half polish.

Ozyhibby
07-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Mostly all signed on short term deals indicating the club weren't sure about them either. Farid and Carmichael can count themselves a bit unlucky.
Signing Dje Dje, Dagnall and Feruz were the most baffling as it was obvious we needed a different type of striker altogether. The decision to turn down Zeefuick can also be counted as a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
07-09-2016, 12:13 PM
My uncle is half polish.

I'm a bit OCD about keeping my shoes in good nick so now they are half polish

Keyser Sauzee
07-09-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm not so sure those days will ever go away totally though as players will come out of nowhere that you haven't scouted for weeks. You do what you can to take soundings and even take them on trial but you never know.

In the last couple of years for example I doubt we'd done too much scouting on Malonga, Dje Dje, Dagnall even Logan. Probably more.

How they are judged pretty much depends on whether they are in teams we like signed by managers we liked. Some of the guys I listed previously wouldn't have been talked up if they had been signed by previous managers. conversely, there are players that are talked about now as total failures who actually contributed more than some of those we signed recently.

I can almost guarantee that Stubbs would have know exactly what these players offered us as he would have seen a lot of them in the English leagues and reserve league.

Chip shop Joe
07-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Anyone know how the boy played against Motherwell?

iainm1875
07-09-2016, 03:55 PM

My mate watched the game and wasn't impressed.

Wilson
07-09-2016, 04:00 PM
My mate watched the game and wasn't impressed.

Who is your mate? Neil Lennon?

Radium
07-09-2016, 04:24 PM

Not a lot to see.

Was deep for much of the match as Motherwell pushed their left winger up. Took the ball and passed it on - not all came off. Cleared it when he needed to and competed in the air.

Had most success later in the match re linking up higher up the park - not sure if that was getting used to team-mate or the winger being subbed - and looked to overlap.

Was the holding defender for corners and set-pieces, so not much to see there.

Chip shop Joe
07-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Not a lot to see.

Was deep for much of the match as Motherwell pushed their left winger up. Took the ball and passed it on - not all came off. Cleared it when he needed to and competed in the air.

Had most success later in the match re linking up higher up the park - not sure if that was getting used to team-mate or the winger being subbed - and looked to overlap.

Thanks

HoboHarry
07-09-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm on a business trip to Canada and I'm going to Polish off a few beers tonight. Am I doing this right?

snooky
07-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Not a lot to see.

A Polished performance no doubt. :wink:

(Apologies for the pun. Thanks for your analysis on his performance, Radium. Appreciate it.)

E10 Rifle
07-09-2016, 10:35 PM
I can almost guarantee that Stubbs would have know exactly what these players offered us as he would have seen a lot of them in the English leagues and reserve league.

He also had players in his squad who had played with them both previously (Logan/Dagnall)

monktonharp
07-09-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm a bit OCD about keeping my shoes in good nick so now they are half polishI keep a Kiwi in a wee box under the sink. I am positive it's polish

Kato
07-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Sean Connery was arrested by the polish onesh.

Andy74
09-09-2016, 08:35 AM
I see we're not taking this one any further.