PDA

View Full Version : Amongst all the Scottish Cup euphoria has anyone rememered that.......

scoopyboy
03-09-2016, 08:39 PM
It's the 25th anniversary of the League Cup / Skol Cup Final next month.

I wonder if Hibs will do anything to commemorate the achievement???:greengrin

:flag:

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 08:45 PM

The semi final against the huns to get to the final that year is still one of my favourite ever games. It was simply fantastic. What a game that was and trying to negotiate my way home was a real experience that night.

GGTTH

tanfield
03-09-2016, 08:54 PM
The semi final against the huns to get to the final that year is still one of my favourite ever games. It was simply fantastic. What a game that was and trying to negotiate my way home was a real experience that night.

GGTTH

Was a challenge getting back to the car that night. I only had a 70's hibs top on (no jacket) and parked at the rangers end!

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 08:54 PM

GGTTH

:agree: One of the best Hibs games, particularly given what had happened a few months before. Total mayhem at the goal and at full time. I think we all felt it was job done, knowing that it was Dunfermline in the Final.

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 08:55 PM

GGTTH

:agree:

Sergey
03-09-2016, 08:59 PM
:agree: One of the best Hibs games, particularly given what had happened a few months before. Total mayhem at the goal and at full time. I think we all felt it was job done, knowing that it was Dunfermline in the Final.

I was scouting for Cambridge United at the time and they were playing Man Utd at Old Trafford. I was betwixt between what match to go to and pumped for the CUFC match. Got back to the car and heard the score and euphoria for the journey back to Cambridge.

IIRC - Cambridge lost 5-0

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 09:00 PM

:top marks

The final itself was slightly an anti climax compared to the Hun semi final but with 35 000 hi bees at the final it was still absolutely fantastic. And with the cup paraded the Sunday night of the game the celebrations were through the roof. It was again against all the odds.

Mon the Cabbage.

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 09:03 PM

GGTTH

You weren't provoking those poor rangers fans were you?

scoopyboy
03-09-2016, 10:15 PM

GGTTH

One of my favourite bits of the run to the final was coming home from the semi and seeing two car loads of Huns having crashed into each other at crossroads.

superfurryhibby
03-09-2016, 10:24 PM
:top marks

The final itself was slightly an anti climax compared to the Hun semi final but with 35 000 hi bees at the final it was still absolutely fantastic. And with the cup paraded the Sunday night of the game the celebrations were through the roof. It was again against all the odds.

Mon the Cabbage.

The final was a wonderful day. The nght at ER was absolutely electric.

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2016, 10:51 PM
i'm hearing hertz are planning a big celebration next month in recognition of not winning the League Cup for 54 years, when i first heard about it i thought eh !, no way, over half a century since they last won it ? that can't be right :confused:, am thinking how on earth can a huge club the size of hertz not win both of the cups on offer in scottish football in modern times, so i googled it and it turns out it's true :agree: big well done to hertz for at least trying to win it back in the old days

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 10:51 PM
You weren't provoking those poor rangers fans were you?

'Hateley, you think you're a big man? Come into my box and I'll break your back!'

hhibs
03-09-2016, 11:59 PM

I have heard that the the DVD will be ready............................in two weeks.

FranckSuzy
05-09-2016, 11:18 AM
The St. Pat's branch are holding celebration on 27/10 and some of the players from the final will be in attendance :thumbsup:This is to coincide with the launch of a book, 'From Oblivion to Hampden' by branch member Ian Colquhoun.

johnbc70
05-09-2016, 11:31 AM
For the semi final I remember meeting my Dad after school and getting the train across. I am in my 40s now! Shows you how long ago it was.