PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final DVD

Onion
03-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Ok, I give up, what is going on with this ?

Brooster
03-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Will be out within a month.

mghibs
03-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Leanne said in an interview a while back that they were hoping to have it released in the first half of September I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highland_Hibee
03-09-2016, 07:13 PM
I waited my whole life as a supporter for the Scottish Cup and it was worth it. I have a feeling this wait means the DVD will be too.

Onion
03-09-2016, 07:21 PM
I waited my whole life as a supporter for the Scottish Cup and it was worth it. I have a feeling this wait means the DVD will be too.

Really hope so, sometimes get the feeling Hibs have completely under-estimated the importance and impact of 21 May to the fan base and the whole thing has caught them on the hop. But that's just me :cb

Highland_Hibee
03-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Really hope so, sometimes get the feeling Hibs have completely under-estimated the importance and impact of 21 May to the fan base and the whole thing has caught them on the hop. But that's just me :cb

No you are definitely right the club have underestimated the Cup victory on many fronts. Thankfully I think they are looking to rectify this as much as possible. I think the DVD will be worth the wait.

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Think I might buy it if I must 😗

Gmack7
03-09-2016, 07:31 PM
2 weeks

High-On-Hibs
03-09-2016, 07:35 PM
No you are definitely right the club have underestimated the Cup victory on many fronts. Thankfully I think they are looking to rectify this as much as possible. I think the DVD will be worth the wait.

Hopefully it's not underestimation, but new estimation. Perhaps the board have reached new expectations for the club with Dempster getting them telt and they now expect us to win it regularly.

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 07:39 PM
I gather we're just trying to firm up the date for interviewing King and Warburton for the 'extras' bit, then we're good to go. :aok:

lugz
03-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm looking forward to this coming out but can only imagine what a nightmare it's been because of the pitch invasion. They'll have had to cut out so much of the post match celebrations which is a real shame. Like others have said on other threads I'm just hoping there's footage that's not been seen before.

High-On-Hibs
03-09-2016, 07:47 PM
I hear The Rangers are also planning to release a cup final DVD. Not of the game. But of all the horrific goading and casper assaults on their cherished stars (which their fans only ran onto the pitch to protect btw). A free magic hat with every order i'm hearing.

High-On-Hibs
03-09-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm looking forward to this coming out but can only imagine what a nightmare it's been because of the pitch invasion. They'll have had to cut out so much of the post match celebrations which is a real shame. Like others have said on other threads I'm just hoping there's footage that's not been seen before.

I personally hope they don't cut it out at all. I love watching that part in the highlights and hearing Walkers tear stained rants about the rebirth of the 80's horrors.

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 07:59 PM
I hope they include a selection of the films of Sir David's :not worth goal taken by fans around the ground. They really get me going, the complete radgeness of it all is brilliant. :greengrin

lugz
03-09-2016, 08:12 PM
I hope they include a selection of the films of Sir David's :not worth goal taken by fans around the ground. They really get me going, the complete radgeness of it all is brilliant. :greengrin

This.

An extras section should be made just for fans videos, some absolute crackers out there. There's one I love where the guy shouts "this is the winning goal" right before Henderson crosses.

Dibben
03-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Please also have it in Bluray!!

If we are going to watch it over and over (and over) again, it might as well be in HD!

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 08:18 PM
This.

An extras section should be made just for fans videos, some absolute crackers out there. There's one I love where the guy shouts "this is the winning goal" right before Henderson crosses.

Indeedy, 27 seconds of pure magic. Posted this very video onto my facebook page earlier tonight! One of the replies was 'did they add the voice on afterwards?' No, just someone who knew this was our time :agree:

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Total guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if the interviews in the special programme last week are transcripts from interviews on the DVD.

Also think the Cup Tour promo has some stuff we'll see on the DVD.

Without even having seen it, I think it's a stick on for Best Documentary at Cannes! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cat Stanton
03-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Ok, I give up, what is going on with this ?

Think it's called "making money in the run up to Christmas"..

The Green Goblin
03-09-2016, 08:25 PM

There was a video released last week which had fantastic unseen close-up footage of Logan and Henderson celebrating during the game from cameras that were right on the pitch. Fingers crossed for more of that....

MurrayfieldHibs
03-09-2016, 08:31 PM
We will need to do something special to launch this epic dvd. Any suggestions?

Green and white fireworks from Edinburgh castle with footage from the dvd projected onto the castle with the "green arrows" flying overhead?
:flag:

scoopyboy
03-09-2016, 08:32 PM
I don't mind the wait and would rather that than a botched job that was put out too early.

My understanding is it is a double dvd with lots of material not seen before.

Interviews with players / management added to the time I think.

There was videos taken on the team bus going to the game and also on the bus travelling back to Easter Road with the cup.

I think I'm right in saying there is going to be a launch night at Easter Road later this month.

O'Rourke3
03-09-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't mind the wait and would rather that than a botched job that was put out too early

This

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 08:39 PM
I don't mind the wait and would rather that than a botched job that was put out too early.

There was videos taken on the team bus going to the game and also on the bus travelling back to Easter Road with the cup.

I think I'm right in saying there is going to be a launch night at Easter Road later this month.

If it turns out to be as you've described with interviews behind the scenes on the bus etcetera, I can't wait for it to come out. Get it released soon please Hibernian.

Mon the Cabbage

SteveHFC
03-09-2016, 08:57 PM

Will anyone be aloud to go to this or just invites only?

scoopyboy
03-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Will anyone be aloud to go to this or just invites only?

I'm guessing there will be tickets up for grabs similar to the recent Scottish Cup nights at the stadium, but as I say I'm guessing.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Season ticket holders should get a free copy ... just sayin' like.

Twiglet
03-09-2016, 09:14 PM

At a meeting I was at a few weeks back about merchandising (part of Working Together, the same ones Argyle talks about) there was a debate among the fans about which footage to use (and the club were keen to hear our opinions). We wanted all coverage of the goal footage, HibsTV/Sky/BBC/France, what will be in I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to it too.

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 09:17 PM
The club should hold off releasing the DVD until after the Ladies play Bayern Munich and then prioritise those who attended :devil:

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Is anybody else making do, at this moment, with just watching the telly coverage again?

What did I used to do with my Saturday nights before we won the Cup?!?! :dunno::flag:

oneone73
03-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Is anybody else making do, at this moment, with just watching the telly coverage again?

What did I used to do with my Saturday nights before we won the Cup?!?! :dunno::flag:

Me!

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 09:21 PM

Might of watched the odd clip, now and again :dunno:

:greengrin

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 09:23 PM

'Is it on. IS. IT. ON?!

:hibees

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 09:25 PM
<Presses pause>. Oooooooooooooo, it's 78:39. McGinn has just slipped it through to Fyvie......

Onceinawhile
03-09-2016, 09:26 PM
<Presses pause>. Oooooooooooooo, it's 78:39. McGinn has just slipped it through to Fyvie......

Good tackle by Danny Wilson though. Fyvie shields it out for a corner though.

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Good tackle by Danny Wilson though. Fyvie shields it out for a corner though.

Probably the best option, I couldn't really see Fraser Fyvie getting to the bye line and putting in the cross.

Onceinawhile
03-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Probably the best option, I couldn't really see Fraser Fyvie getting to the bye line and putting in the cross.

Aye,but hendersons taking it. He never beats the first man.

SuperAllyMcleod
03-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Aye,but hendersons taking it. He never beats the first man.

GOAL!!! Stokes has equalised. C'mon Hibs, we can do this!

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 10:34 PM

I'm hearing that Alan Stubbs missed the equaliser. Nature called, what can you do?! :thumbsup:

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 10:36 PM

The adrenaline's running through the 20 000 plus Hi bees like a storm flood now. C MON HIBS!!!!!!!

GGTTH

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 10:39 PM
The adrenaline's running through the 20 000 plus Hi bees like a storm flood now. C MON HIBS!!!!!!!

GGTTH

The Hibees are right back in this, BIG TIME! Which way will the pendulum swing?

essexhibee
03-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Absolutely cannot wait for this to be released.

Curry beers and Scottish cup DVD. Wonderful.

plhibs
03-09-2016, 11:34 PM
This might be a silly question but I would love to get a copy of this but I know that there can be problems with DVDs not playing on this side of the world. Do they make them for overseas or would I have to get it redone over here?. I'm not very good at this stuff, too old.:rolleyes:

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Absolutely cannot wait for this to be released.

Curry beers and Scottish cup DVD. Wonderful.

Amateur! Week off work for me! :greengrin

hhibs
03-09-2016, 11:40 PM

Really ! you have got to be kidding.

Oscar T Grouch
03-09-2016, 11:45 PM
This might be a silly question but I would love to get a copy of this but I know that there can be problems with DVDs not playing on this side of the world. Do they make them for overseas or would I have to get it redone over here?. I'm not very good at this stuff, too old.:rolleyes:

I think, I am could be wrong, most modern DVD players are multi-region. BlueRay discs aren't usually region coded, so that would be the best option if you have a BlueRay player?

madabouthibs
03-09-2016, 11:51 PM
Currently waiting to cancel my Virgin subs, but it's, that game is on my Hard drive. HIBS delay in bringing out the DVD is costing me about £90 a month. But hey...... 😁

plhibs
03-09-2016, 11:53 PM
I think, I am could be wrong, most modern DVD players are multi-region. BlueRay discs aren't usually region coded, so that would be the best option if you have a BlueRay player?

Thanks you may be correct, will order one anyway and see what happens.:greengrin

Steve-O
03-09-2016, 11:56 PM
DVDs like this are not usually region coded as they're not attached to film/tv studios etc. There's no benefit to Hibs to region code such a DVD.

I just hope they make enough copies!

Glory Lurker
04-09-2016, 12:12 AM
I just hope they make enough copies!

Particularly in medium and large!

High-On-Hibs
04-09-2016, 01:40 AM
Highly unlikely that the DVD will be region coded. But even if it was, you can always stick it in your PC drive and create a region free backup copy. I'll be making a backup copy regardless so I can keep the original safely tucked away in its box.

Col2
04-09-2016, 06:27 AM
Blu Ray?

Or even Blu Ray 4K?

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Been itching at the bit for this DVD for ages, honestly can't wait! As has been said, hopefully loads of unseen footage, stuff on the bus on the way home, the parade the next day etc.

Question. Realistically how many copies does everyone think we'll sell. I hope Hibs are massively prepared for the interest that's going to be thrown their way!

G B Young
04-09-2016, 07:02 AM
They should hold off on releasing it until a little later in the year so that it not only keeps the feelgood factor going, but so that it gets pride of place in the shop windows in the run-up to Christmas.

Ronniekirk
04-09-2016, 07:59 AM

Thier could be a separate pirate DVD of the aftermatch celebrations just edit out the fighting and folk on top of the goalposts and there must be lots of footage of fans just being overcome with emotion ,and just enjoying the historic moment .Like it or not it was part of Occassion , and just because of the hyped up media campaign against us dont see why some footage cant be included
After all the Police have spent months sifting through the footage Are they the only ones that are going to get to see it

Finn2015
04-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Been itching at the bit for this DVD for ages, honestly can't wait! As has been said, hopefully loads of unseen footage, stuff on the bus on the way home, the parade the next day etc.

Question. Realistically how many copies does everyone think we'll sell. I hope Hibs are massively prepared for the interest that's going to be thrown their way!

I'd have thought anyone of even the slightest hibs persuasion would want this. Could be a great seller

Fambo Jannies
04-09-2016, 09:44 AM
I'd have thought anyone of even the slightest hibs persuasion would want this. Could be a great seller

Put me down for 2 copies.

.Sean.
04-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Hibs should have an official screening of it :agree:

Finn2015
04-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Put me down for 2 copies.

😂😂👍

The Green Goblin
04-09-2016, 09:58 AM

I was thinking that too! Can you imagine watching it again on a giant screen with massive sound in a huge crowd of hibees??! Almost like being there again and reliving it.... :greengrin

CapitalGreen
04-09-2016, 10:05 AM

Someon here/twitter suggested a Green carpet launch screening at Ocean Terminal!

Eyrie
04-09-2016, 12:02 PM
They should hold off on releasing it until a little later in the year so that it not only keeps the feelgood factor going, but so that it gets pride of place in the shop windows in the run-up to Christmas.

Sod that.

I want it for my birthday, which gives them just over seven weeks.

Twiglet
04-09-2016, 12:05 PM

You never know there might just be

GordonHFC
04-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Sod that.

I want it for my birthday, which gives them just over seven weeks.

Me too. As long as it is out by 14th October.

hibby6270
04-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Blu Ray?

Or even Blu Ray 4K?

You'd only get 4K if it was originally filmed in 4K. Doubt that would be the case. HD is the best we can expect I'd reckon, which will make it ordinary Blu-Ray only - at best. :rolleyes:

California-Hibs
04-09-2016, 05:45 PM

Obviously familes who attend with kids will probably only get the one copy, but do people think I'm way off the mark when predicting we could maybe see as many as 15,000 copies sold?

danhibees1875
04-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Obviously familes who attend with kids will probably only get the one copy, but do people think I'm way off the mark when predicting we could maybe see as many as 15,000 copies sold?

Double it.

Even considering families, I think this will sell well. I look forward to the threads complaining about the shop not having enough copies in time for Christmas :greengrin

O'Rourke3
04-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Double it.

Even considering families, I think this will sell well. I look forward to the threads complaining about the shop not having enough copies in time for Christmas :greengrin

Pre order will give an initial "order of" in terms of how many to produce. Between fans and families who will buy for family members there will be thousands old.

rcarter1
04-09-2016, 07:55 PM
I can't wait. I'll be buying one myself - obvs, and probably one or two more as gifts. Will be interesting to see how these sell. I presume keeping up with demand shouldn't be too difficult, just a bit of printing/copying? I'm kind of glad its taken a while, the anticipation is building up nicely.

hfc rd
04-09-2016, 07:59 PM
This has been on my wanted list since 21.05.2016. Defo purchasing! Can't wait!

Onceinawhile
04-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I can't wait. I'll be buying one myself - obvs, and probably one or two more as gifts. Will be interesting to see how these sell. I presume keeping up with demand shouldn't be too difficult, just a bit of printing/copying? I'm kind of glad its taken a while, the anticipation is building up nicely.

Who are you buying as gifts For?

As I would (perhaps wrongly) assume that they would want to buy them themselves.

mca
04-09-2016, 08:36 PM
What if they Charged a Fiver Deposit ?? Maybe Just to Judge the Numbers required.. Somewhat Cover the cost of Dvds and maybe an Exclusive DVD with Book And Hard Cover ETC.. ??

We Want a Few Copies.. :wink:

Hibbyradge
04-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Will it have highlights of the whole cup run?

hfc rd
04-09-2016, 10:41 PM

Surely yes!

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2016, 10:52 PM
This is a very rare occasion. The 114 years makes it once in a lifetime.

I don't care how long it takes to produce, so as long as they do a quality job.

Danderhall Hibs
05-09-2016, 10:06 AM

I hope so - particularly the Hearts replay and ICT away games that weren't on tv. Highlights of both were pretty much limited to the goals.

Smiggy 7-0
05-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Currently waiting to cancel my Virgin subs, but it's, that game is on my Hard drive. HIBS delay in bringing out the DVD is costing me about £90 a month. But hey...... ��

Like you I had it on my TiVo hard drive and have now transferred it onto DVD and also added on all goals and some highlights etc. from youtube. Can now watch whenever and as often.

But will still be buying official copy when it comes out.

Andy.1875
05-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Like you I had it on my TiVo hard drive and have now transferred it onto DVD and also added on all goals and some highlights etc. from youtube. Can now watch whenever and as often.

But will still be buying official copy when it comes out.

How did you manage to get it off the Tivo box?
I have it recorded but didn't think I could transfer it to other media.

Smiggy 7-0
05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
How did you manage to get it off the Tivo box?
I have it recorded but didn't think I could transfer it to other media.

When guy from Virgin installed my Tivo a number of years ago he said it was not possible. Heyho 5 mins after he left I swapped over scart leads and no problem done. Will record anything that you are watching on Tivo box including the youtube channel 198 or whatever you want from the hard drive on it.

hhibs
05-09-2016, 08:41 PM
What if they Charged a Fiver Deposit ?? Maybe Just to Judge the Numbers required.. Somewhat Cover the cost of Dvds and maybe an Exclusive DVD with Book And Hard Cover ETC.. ??

We Want a Few Copies.. :wink:

Indeed,it is not rocket science.

Given the right product and a little promotion the DVD could sell 25000+ copies I for one have the need of 5 copies for ex pat pals and family.

:flag:

hhibs
05-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Who are you buying as gifts For?

As I would (perhaps wrongly) assume that they would want to buy them themselves.

Sorry,but as you say you are wrong,family and friends world wide !!

Wilson
05-09-2016, 09:00 PM
You'd only get 4K if it was originally filmed in 4K. Doubt that would be the case. HD is the best we can expect I'd reckon, which will make it ordinary Blu-Ray only - at best. :rolleyes:

At least it wont be as poor footage as it would if we had won it in 1903.