PDA

View Full Version : The Manchester derby next weekend

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 04:05 PM
It must now be the biggest fixture in English football, since Citeh won the lottery via Sheikh Mansoor. Both teams on maximum points early doors. I think I may have a ticket and am wondering whether anyone else might be there? My spies tell me our friend Peter is gripping his sky blue comfort blanket very tightly, now Aguero is banned. Cannae wait :hyper

leithsansiro
03-09-2016, 04:24 PM
It must now be the biggest fixture in English football, since Citeh won the lottery via Sheikh Mansoor. Both teams on maximum points early doors. I think I may have a ticket and am wondering whether anyone else might be there? My spies tell me our friend Peter is gripping his sky blue comfort blanket very tightly, now Aguero is banned. Cannae wait :hyper

Genuinely dislike pretty much every team in the English Premier. Far too many clubs think they are big boys thanks to the huge amounts of cash that TV throw at them. Big fixtures should be about prestigious clubs who have been successful over a period of time going up against each other. Man City, whilst always being well supported, aren't that. I hate seeing wee kids in the street with Man City tops on.

Rant over

Pete
03-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Casual observer my friend. However, I do find the punishment dished out to Aguero to be very harsh. Almost Old-Traffordish. :hmmm:

Anyway, massive mistake putting this game on at 12 when the eyes of the world will be on the blockbuster game in Glasgow.

greenlex
03-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Can't say its getting my juices flowing to be honest.

Thecat23
03-09-2016, 04:30 PM

This.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2016, 04:32 PM

I'll be on my way to Dumbarton. Strange though that Sky have put this up against the Glasgow Derby at the same time

Pete
03-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Genuinely dislike pretty much every team in the English Premier. Far too many clubs think they are big boys thanks to the huge amounts of cash that TV throw at them. Big fixtures should be about prestigious clubs who have been successful over a period of time going up against each other. Man City, whilst always being well supported, aren't that. I hate seeing wee kids in the street with Man City tops on.

Rant over

These other, more "prestigious" clubs are generally top dogs because they've historically plundered their rivals and are funded by glory hunters.
That considered, City are a breath of fresh air (much like their football) as are all the other teams in England that are challenging.

PatHead
03-09-2016, 04:35 PM
I'll be on my way to Dumbarton. Strange though that Sky have put this up against the Glasgow Derby at the same time

Don't think it is a competition. A guy in the pub yesterday reckoned that the Bigot fest would get more viewers.

Couldn't give a monkeys about either game myself. Hibs are playing that day.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2016, 04:37 PM

Same billy. Shame we have to miss it but it's hibs. :thumbsup:

Pete
03-09-2016, 04:37 PM

To be honest I don't think anyone outside of Scotland will give two hoots about the hate fest.

Zlatan and Silva or Senderos and James Forrest? Tough choice for the international audience :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Casual observer my friend. However, I do find the punishment dished out to Aguero to be very harsh. Almost Old-Traffordish. :hmmm:

Anyway, massive mistake putting this game on at 12 when the eyes of the world will be on the blockbuster game in Glasgow.

Aye, of course :wink:

Justified punishment for elbows Aguero :agree:

If the ticket is confirmed, I'll probably head doon, though I still think City will win. I can follow the Hibs game online afterwards.

Cat Stanton
03-09-2016, 04:44 PM

Rant over

Well said. Money-wise, it's an obscenity of a league.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 04:49 PM
City fans must be very excited, they get the chance to play in front of a full house for a change. :top marks

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 04:56 PM
City fans must be very excited, they get the chance to play in front of a full house for a change. :top marks

They've just increased the capacity at the corporate sponsored stadium to 55,000, but they also now have a large number of gloryhunters from all over the world. The Mourinho-Guardiola dynamic makes it all the more interesting. They genuinely have no time for each other.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 05:01 PM
They've just increased the capacity at the corporate sponsored stadium to 55,000, but they also now have a large number of gloryhunters from all over the world. The Mourinho-Guardiola dynamic makes it all the more interesting. They genuinely have no time for each other.

I know, you can't go 5 minutes down here without hearing an advert on the radio punting those empty seats for sale.

lord bunberry
03-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Are hibs not playing next week?

Pete
03-09-2016, 05:15 PM
I know, you can't go 5 minutes down here without hearing an advert on the radio punting those empty seats for sale.

They still get very decent crowds though. Anyway, who cares about empty seats? If the ratio of empty seats to full ones won you things then hearts would be champions ;-)

Hermit Crab
03-09-2016, 05:15 PM

and man Utd don't?

Stevie Reid
03-09-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm quite looking forward to it. Though Aguero being missing is a shame for the neutral. And City, obviously.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 05:18 PM

Aye, but it kicks aff after the game in Manchester. If I go to Englandshire, I can still follow the Hibs game, and wasn't going to Dumbarton anyway.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 05:19 PM
and man Utd don't?
Of course, hence the key word is 'also'.

Pete
03-09-2016, 05:19 PM

It's easier to get tickets for Old Trafford than it is for Boghead (or whatever it's called).

Green-Hibee-7
03-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Where is Old Trafford or the Eitihad? If it's the latter then I predict Jose to do his usual that he done with Chelsea the past couple years. Snooze fest.

I'll be on route to Dumbarton, but would probably watch if we weren't playing. Good day for sport next Saturday!

Stevie Reid
03-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Where is Old Trafford or the Eitihad? If it's the latter then I predict Jose to do his usual that he done with Chelsea the past couple years. Snooze fest.

I'll be on route to Dumbarton, but would probably watch if we weren't playing. Good day for sport next Saturday!

It's at Old Trafford. Though I suspect he will be a bit less pragmatic when he goes to the Etihad than he was with that Chelsea team your talking about (2013-14).

RoxburghHibs
03-09-2016, 06:56 PM

Rant over

:top marks

Eyrie
03-09-2016, 07:40 PM
My viewing plans for next Saturday involve the Rugby Championship and Glasgow-Leinster. If I have the time then I'd rather watch the Manchester derby than take any interest in the Glasgow hate-fest.

jgl07
03-09-2016, 08:03 PM
This match will be a bit like Hearts v Hibs. Mourinho's industrial football verses Proper football.

As for the Aguero 'elbow' incident, Bogbrush Fellaini does that four or five times every match without any media outrage. I wonder why?

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 08:06 PM
This match will be a bit like Hearts v Hibs. Mourinho's industrial football verses Proper football.

As for the Aguero 'elbow' incident, Bogbrush Fellaini does that four or five times every match without any media outrage. I wonder why?

:faf:

Time will tell

lord bunberry
03-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Aye, but it kicks aff after the game in Manchester. If I go to Englandshire, I can still follow the Hibs game, and wasn't going to Dumbarton anyway.
With all due respect, you're part of the problem. The only game I care about next Saturday is the hibs game. The obsession with the EPL is hurting teams in Scotland. There's loads if threads on this forum talking about the premiership. I'd delete every one of them.

TamHibs
03-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I'll be there with the brother in law. Bought Season Tickets this year for the first time even though I'll only make a handful of games as I have a season ticket for Easter Road plus the away season ticket.

Had hoped this would have been the Super Sunday game so I could've still made it to Dumbarton but Sky couldn't as there was the danger of City playing on the Tuesday in the UCL, same with Celtic. That's why they are up against each other on the Saturday.

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 08:51 PM
With all due respect, you're part of the problem. The only game I care about next Saturday is the hibs game. The obsession with the EPL is hurting teams in Scotland. There's loads if threads on this forum talking about the premiership. I'd delete every one of them.

Amen 👍

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 09:12 PM

There is no problem. Hibs' competition isn't the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City; there are different realities and always has been between clubs. Perhaps the gap between realities has widened, but it's always been there.

Andy Morris
03-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Got tickets for the corporate can't wait

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

ronaldo7
03-09-2016, 09:26 PM

Partick are at home to Super Saintees Billy. Don't get caught up in all the crap the media dish out.:wink:

Albanian Hibs
03-09-2016, 09:30 PM
I'll be there with the brother in law. Bought Season Tickets this year for the first time even though I'll only make a handful of games as I have a season ticket for Easter Road plus the away season ticket.

Had hoped this would have been the Super Sunday game so I could've still made it to Dumbarton but Sky couldn't as there was the danger of City playing on the Tuesday in the UCL, same with Celtic. That's why they are up against each other on the Saturday.

Imagine missing a Hibs Dumbarton game to go down and watch that crap. Priorities.

Lago
03-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Love it:agree:

CapitalGreen
03-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Imagine missing a Hibs Dumbarton game to go down and watch that crap. Priorities.

:agree: I'm not sure I'd ever chose to watch another team play at the expense of going to watch Hibs.

HibernianJK
03-09-2016, 10:34 PM

The last bit is incorrect. Although they may not have always seen eye to eye they have an incredible amount of respect for each other and I'm sure both have stated this.

LancsHibs
03-09-2016, 10:35 PM
I live down here and didn't even know this was on, no interest in it whatsoever. If it's not Hibs I'm not interested!

LancashireHibby
04-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Living in a town that, aside from a big Bolton contingent, is largely split between the Manchester clubs, I used to quite enjoy going to the pub to watch the derbies (and largely wind up both sets). However, since City got their money, the whole thing has just become one big parody and a world away from what would have attracted the genuine fans in years gone by.

BullsCloseHibs
04-09-2016, 10:14 AM

Rant over

Totally agree. The kids may as well wear Standard Life or Royal Bank t shirts.
Can see why kids get sucked into the hype, but its not exciting in the slightest.

PISTOL1875
05-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Aye, of course :wink:

Justified punishment for elbows Aguero :agree:

If the ticket is confirmed, I'll probably head doon, though I still think City will win. I can follow the Hibs game online afterwards.

That part is drivvle mate.. The ref who was looking at the incident bottled it to send Aguero off at the time.. He instead let the FA do the dirty work of banning him.. If he had been red carded at the time then nobody could have had any complaints...

The official should inturn be dropped for missing the most glaring and easiest call he will ever have to make...

GreenArmyyy!
05-09-2016, 12:27 PM
I'll be there! Hotel football rooftop bar pre-match then Sam Platts afterwards! GGMU!

WhileTheChief..
05-09-2016, 12:31 PM

He's not part of any problem.

As Hibs fans we should only watch Hibs games?? What a crappy blinkered view of the game.

I love watching football from various leagues, doesn't in any way diminish my support of Hibs.

The forum is for discussing football as well as Hibs, you could just stay away from threads that are about other topics instead of wanting them deleted.

Man Down Under
05-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Manchester derby is 11pm where I am. Took the weekend off to watch and have a few drinks. Not particularly bothered who wins, will be entertaining and it's an excuse to get a weekend off!

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

TamHibs
05-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I'll be there! Hotel football rooftop bar pre-match then Sam Platts afterwards! GGMU!

Hoping Woody has managed to secure me & the wee guy bands for the rooftop bar!

matty_f
05-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Mind all the Man City chat you used to get on here before they got their billions?

TamHibs
05-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Mind all the Man City chat you used to get on here before they got their billions?
:greengrin:greengrin

Pete
05-09-2016, 04:46 PM

They were always here. They were just called North-West football supporters.

Hermit Crab
05-09-2016, 04:48 PM

Yes, feed the goat, kinkladze, mark Kennedy, dickov equalising vs gillingham in 90+4 of the 99 playoff and the likes.

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2016, 04:50 PM

Haha behave yourself.

Steve20
05-09-2016, 04:53 PM

Or you could just not go into those threads. Other people actually enjoy watching games from the English Premier League.

matty_f
05-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Yes, feed the goat, kinkladze, mark Kennedy, dickov equalising vs gillingham in 90+4 of the 99 playoff and the likes.

I remember that thread.

hhibs
05-09-2016, 08:50 PM

Hope you enjoy the day cause you are fellow hibee ,otherwise could not give two *****s about the fffffffffing english premier fffffffffffing league.:flag:

Sir David Gray
05-09-2016, 09:27 PM
I would rather be at Dumbarton on Saturday than either Parkhead or Old Trafford.

I hope Manchester Utd win but it won't bother me if they don't.

hibbysam
05-09-2016, 09:54 PM
He's not part of any problem.

As Hibs fans we should only watch Hibs games?? What a crappy blinkered view of the game.

I love watching football from various leagues, doesn't in any way diminish my support of Hibs.

The forum is for discussing football as well as Hibs, you could just stay away from threads that are about other topics instead of wanting them deleted.

Instead of young kids going along to Easter Road or Tynecastle, they are instead sitting at home salivating at Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea on the tele, it's a massive problem for our game and to say it's not is crazy. They watch these games on tele with the billions of pounds chucked at it and form the opinion our game is pish and tell everyone that'll listen... Then we have our own Blazers who try and base our game on the game down south which doesn't help whatsoever.

hhibs
05-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Instead of young kids going along to Easter Road or Tynecastle, they are instead sitting at home salivating at Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea on the tele, it's a massive problem for our game and to say it's not is crazy. They watch these games on tele with the billions of pounds chucked at it and form the opinion our game is pish and tell everyone that'll listen... Then we have our own Blazers who try and base our game on the game down south which doesn't help whatsoever.

All too true.

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2016, 10:26 PM

It isn't either/or. The likes of Man United have always been huge an always will be. The global mega clubs of that ilk are on another plain from Hibs, and Scottish fans will still be there to support their teams at the weekend. You could just as easily complain that Scottish kids are drawn to the Old Firm every week, which is much more of a problem in terms of match attendance.

silverhibee
05-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Pete will be sad.

Sparky will get death threats after his 6th goal in the 1st half.

Think of the wife's.

Another 3 points for Hibs.

Decent Saturday. :cb

Mr_F
06-09-2016, 05:25 AM

Parents fault

It's quite acceptable to support Hibs & Man City together actually

Steve-O
06-09-2016, 05:42 AM
I'll watch Sevco v Sellick on the laptop and Manc derby on my TV. No particular interest in either but taking advantage of 'early' 11pm KOs here before the clocks change!

HH81
06-09-2016, 05:52 AM
I am just hoping the buses from Dover, Dundee and Darlington have safe trips and do not get delayed on the way.

Enjoy the game. Last min Man City goal to spoil the silence in Old Trafford.

Matty_Jack04
06-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Sick to death of the old firm game already! First time living through here with one coming up and it's all I've heard about for weeks, work mates can't understand why I have no interest in who wins the hate fest, it's the Manchester derby for me Saturday afternoon

hibsbollah
08-09-2016, 07:09 AM
The last bit is incorrect. Although they may not have always seen eye to eye they have an incredible amount of respect for each other and I'm sure both have stated this.

Define 'respect'. It's self evident that Guardiola and Mourinho dislike each other, whatever is said at interviews. Adding into the mix Zlatan facing his nemesis at Barca again ('he's not even a man' he said once) and there's plenty of reason to watch. Zlatan to score anytime and shake his moneymaker in Guardiolas face afterwards is a good bet.

I was listening to Sportsounds OF ****fest last night (wheeling out Arthur Numan and Paul Elliott with strict instructions not to deviate from the 'best Derby in the world' script and then giving Keith Jackshun airtime to spin the line that Scottish football is an irrelevance without Rangers), and I was very clear that I'll be choosing the Manchester derby every time.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2016, 11:42 AM
The only bit I have a passing interest in is seeing if senderos is as big a bomb scare as he was. Heart of a mouse and the turning speed of an oil tanker.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
08-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Might stick a fiver on a Celtic/City double.

Dunbar Hibee
08-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Might stick a fiver on a Celtic/City double.

I've got this but with all teams to score as well. 17/1

matty_f
08-09-2016, 12:34 PM
The only interest I have in the OF game is a complete longing that The Rangers will get absolutely scudded. No love for Celtc at all, but the last couple of seasons, and the summer in particular, have given me an even bigger dislike for Sevco.

Craig_HFC
08-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Not going to Dumbarton because I'm not able to so I'll probably flick between the Manc derby and the wifebeater derby.

Not got any time for Celtc but hope they completely and utterly humiliate the Huns.

This new club are a more evil & hate-filled version of the old club so they deserve a good pumping.

Since90+2
08-09-2016, 01:42 PM
I'll be watching the Old Firm game as I generally will always watch Scottish football ahead of English.

Alex Trager
08-09-2016, 01:54 PM
I'll be watching the Old Firm game as I generally will always watch Scottish football ahead of English.
But is it really the Scottish game now? They do want to get down there afterall:dunno::hmmm:

hibsbollah
08-09-2016, 02:02 PM
But is it really the Scottish game now? They do want to get down there afterall:dunno::hmmm:

Since no one south of the border has ever shown any enthusiasm for the idea (except for that radge Wigan chairman whose name escapes me), I think we can safely say it's just pish stirred up by BBC Scotland at the behest of the old firm themselves.

Its like Leanne saying she wants us to move to the Phillipines premier league.

JimBHibees
08-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Since no one south of the border has ever shown any enthusiasm for the idea (except for that radge Wigan chairman whose name escapes me), I think we can safely say it's just pish stirred up by BBC Scotland at the behest of the old firm themselves.

Yep given the current Sky deal the Old Firm are even more irrelevant than they have ever been down south. What was the last vote 22-0 against or similar? Why would a club give up their chance of getting to the premier league so that 2 teams from another country get the chance? Makes no sense whatsoever and never actually has.

Alex Trager
08-09-2016, 02:34 PM

It was tongue in cheek

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Zero interest in the OF game, revered only for its Victorian freakshow properties.

At least, as objectionable and exploitative as it is, with two global financial whore clubs, the Manc derby will have some decent players on display.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Should be a cracker. Coz I always go for the underdog I'll be supporting United in this one, they are only disgustingly rich and it must be tough trying to compete with obscenely rich City.

Since90+2
08-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Should be a cracker. Coz I always go for the underdog I'll be supporting United in this one, they are only disgustingly rich and it must be tough trying to compete with obscenely rich City.

Man Utd are favourites to win the game so in this instance City are the underdogs.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Man Utd are favourites to win the game so in this instance City are the underdogs.

Is your real name Sheldon Cooper? :greengrin

Carheenlea
08-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Have no interest in the Manchester derby, but I'll probably tune in to the Old Firm derby to pass the time on the drive to Dumbarton. I would normally opt for 'Off The Ball' when there is as choice of listening, but I'm not going to pretend I won't be interested in how the lunchtime kiuck off pans out.

silverhibee
08-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Has Pete got the rubber sheet ready. :cb

Carheenlea
08-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Did find this amusing though..

http://i66.tinypic.com/29qocwx.jpg

Pete
11-09-2016, 02:43 AM
Has Pete got the rubber sheet ready. :cb

Don't know what you mean mate as I'm a casual observer but I like it when football wins. Not happy at losing 27k though. :devil:

Hmm. Maybe he should stick to...whatever he does nowadays.

Like Hibernian@Alba, he's probably laid up in bed with a sore neck from trying to keep up with the desperate hoofing so maybe it's best not to be too harsh right now. :wink:

Pete
11-09-2016, 07:15 AM
:faf:

Time will tell

I hate to say I told you so but the boy was right.

Mourinho will go the same way as LVG and Moyes because none of them are Manchester United managers. You need a brave, young, swashbuckling manager like a Klopp or a Guardiola who's teams are dynamic and play with flair.

Maybe someone like Giggs is the solution because this tactic of hiring old hands isn't working. :hmmm:

Tyler Durden
11-09-2016, 08:52 AM

Amusing but fake. Another creation of the "George Weahs cousin" Twitter account. Been quoted on Talksport, Five Live and widely shared though!

Hibernia&Alba
11-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Just back; the better team won. I said I thought City would win, and they played well on the day, teaching United a lesson in the first thirty minutes. Mourinho changed it around and it developed into a much closer match, but it was battlers against a better passing team. Silva an de Bruyne were superb. From United's point of view, Rashford and Martial should be starting; the team looked much more threatening second half. I was in the end block of the second tier of the East Stand, right above the City support, who were grinning like toothless gargoyles - they're very reminiscent of the Hearts support.

United will improve under Jose and, in truth, will need to if they're to challenge City for the title. I was very impressed with their composure, which was very Guardiola like. Terrific atmosphere, too.