PDA

View Full Version : Shankill Road Defenders Flute Band and their new friends

Carheenlea
03-09-2016, 11:57 AM
A week before what could be an incendiary Old Firm derby, Rangers seem to think it is a jolly good idea to pose for pictures with this lot :aok:

http://i64.tinypic.com/24o0kyf.jpg

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 12:06 PM
A week before what could be an incendiary Old Firm derby, Rangers seem to think it is a jolly good idea to pose for pictures with this lot :aok:

http://i64.tinypic.com/24o0kyf.jpg

The New Rangers are playing to their neanderthal gallery just as much as the Old Rangers. I wonder what the Scottish Media would say if Sellick or Hibernian were photographed with Scottish and Irish Republicans.

Scottish Football could do without this kind of inflammatory nonsense.

:confused:

Mon the Cabbage

Smartie
03-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Is Michael O'Halloran in the picture? I wonder what he makes of all of this?

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Scandalous but they will get away it as usual.

Bishop Hibee
03-09-2016, 12:16 PM
It's just a celebration of Ulster-Scots culture 🙄

southsider
03-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Scandalous but they will get away it as usual.
Are they not linked to a proscribed organisation ?

Mr White
03-09-2016, 12:28 PM
It's an unusual photograph. In fact the first I've ever seen of Mark Warburton where he isn't the biggest ****er in shot. He's not even in the top ten in this one.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Exactly what I'd expect from them.

WoreTheGreen
03-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Scotlands shame is jackson in it

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Unashamed bigotry

WoreTheGreen
03-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Is that a real guardsman or has just hired the uniform for the weekend. Pathetic

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Thought that fans on the pitch was a no-no?

superfurryhibby
03-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Are they not linked to a proscribed organisation ?

It's not illegal to have a flute band. It is however, crass and grossly stupid to be associated with one in any way , shape or form.

blaikie
03-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Didn't think it was possible for the new club to be more divisive and bigoted than its predecessor but time and time again they are proving me wrong, and this picture being aired on the run up to an Old Firm game ....... Excellent!

andrew70
03-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Absolutely disgusting. Complete and utter ****bags but this bigoted backwater of a country will accept it.

Itsnoteasy
03-09-2016, 01:18 PM
It's an unusual photograph. In fact the first I've ever seen of Mark Warburton where he isn't the biggest ****er in shot. He's not even in the top ten in this one.

Got your facts wrong.
He's not a banker
He is a f*nny

Jack Hackett
03-09-2016, 01:18 PM
One day there will be a reckoning...but not in my lifetime.

lucky
03-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Surely this brings the game into disrepute

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 01:31 PM
There are videos on social media showing a march from somewhere to the ground, the flute band is playing all the old classics, and the pope and catholics in general are getting it big style.

Of course its just the minority, and The Rangers are doing all in their power to stop this kind of behaviour. :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
03-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Is Michael O'Halloran in the picture? I wonder what he makes of all of this?

9 mins: SUB. Rangers make an early change with Joe Garner replaced by Michael O'Halloran.

I wonder why?

To give him a taste of the 'atmosphere'?

HANG ON!!!!

57 mins: SUB. Martyn Waghorn, Clint Hill and Joe Garner come on for Harry Forrester, Josh Windass and Phillipe Senderos.

How can you bring on someone that has already been subbed???

The Captain....
03-09-2016, 01:35 PM
The new incarnation of the huns is even more toxic than the last.

They are **** pure and simple....their hubris will see them wiped off the map again tho...sooner the better. They let their club die and walked away once and will do again.

Real Emerald
03-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Surely this brings the game into disrepute

When the authorities are trying to stamp out sectarianism, or at least being seen to be doing the right things, the SFA, SPFL and even the government should be coming down heavy on them for this.

It's downright provocation and flies in the face of everything the authorities are trying to rid our game and society of. It adds more fuel to the fire of next weeks' hate fest and is beyond belief their club gets involved in this sort of thing.

Future17
03-09-2016, 01:46 PM
9 mins: SUB. Rangers make an early change with Joe Garner replaced by Michael O'Halloran.

I wonder why?

To give him a taste of the 'atmosphere'?

HANG ON!!!!

57 mins: SUB. Martyn Waghorn, Clint Hill and Joe Garner come on for Harry Forrester, Josh Windass and Phillipe Senderos.

How can you bring on someone that has already been subbed???

In a friendly the clubs can make their own rules re:subs as long as the ref agrees.

Deansy
03-09-2016, 01:47 PM
One day there will be a reckoning...but not in my lifetime.

Disagree - I give them 3-4 years of winning nothing and their 'Loyal' fan-base will prove to be anything but !. With their current debts coupled with what they'll undoubtedly spend in their sheer desparation to even try and compete with Septic, I can see them in deep trouble !

The Green Goblin
03-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Do you think they will discuss this on Sportsound?:rolleyes:

blaikie
03-09-2016, 02:04 PM

I'm also surprised to see David Weir right in the middle of the apes! I won't hold my breathe on the mainstream media in Scotland picking up on this.

Bostonhibby
03-09-2016, 02:11 PM
When the authorities are trying to stamp out sectarianism, or at least being seen to be doing the right things, the SFA, SPFL and even the government should be coming down heavy on them for this.

It's downright provocation and flies in the face of everything the authorities are trying to rid our game and society of. It adds more fuel to the fire of next weeks' hate fest and is beyond belief their club gets involved in this sort of thing.
It's their "tradition" and it's the rangers so no action can be expected.
The rest of 21st Scotland just have to put up and shut up, only the rangers are allowed to feel offended.

Scotland's shame

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Pete
03-09-2016, 02:22 PM
"15 hibs supporters shame our game"

This will be alright though.

Hibernia&Alba
03-09-2016, 02:31 PM
It's hardly a surprise; what else would you expect? This is their 'culture' after all. All that's missing are a few Loyalist ex-terrorists posing in balaclavas. It should be regarded as scandalous conduct, but nothing will be said about it. They are poison.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Bands of this type only serve one purpose .... There's probably hundreds of them throughout Northern Ireland and the west of Scotland, but I bet a hundred quid between the lot of them the members only have to learn the same dozen tunes. They exclusively exist to pump out tunes of division and bigotry and by allowing themselves to be associated with any of them the Currant Buns have kicked any pretence of trying to drive sectarianism and bigotry out of Ibrox straight into the bin.

Unlike the sash this incarnation of Rangers FC is neither old or beautiful :sick:

marinello59
03-09-2016, 03:34 PM
That's what happens when you let dodgy bigoted gangster types take over a club. It's all about appealing to the pockets of the lowest common denominator. Trash, the lot of them.

--------
03-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Bands of this type only serve one purpose .... There's probably hundreds of them throughout Northern Ireland and the west of Scotland, but I bet a hundred quid between the lot of them the members only have to learn the same dozen tunes. They exclusively exist to pump out tunes of division and bigotry and by allowing themselves to be associated with any of them the Currant Buns have kicked any pretence of trying to drive sectarianism and bigotry out of Ibrox straight into the bin.

Unlike the sash this incarnation of Rangers FC is neither old or beautiful :sick:

They're about tribalism and intimidation. Period.

Celebrating a battle fought three hundred years ago over issues they neither understand nor appreciate. As long as I've followed football, this is the way the Huns have been and they'll never change.

givescotlandfreedom
03-09-2016, 05:12 PM
You're all mistaken. The BBC's Scotland's Game made it perfectly clear Rangers are fighting against bigotry now and there's no way they would do make such a blatantly sectarian and provocative gesture.

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm going to say this now and some may chip in and have a go at me but each to their own. They are the worst club in Scotland for bigotry and hate. I used to believe both OF clubs were two cheeks of the same arse but I honestly feel that sevco are the worst and plum depths of bigotry and sectarianism and sheer hate that any other club do, including Celtic. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean there is some kind of love in with Celtic but I actually hope that the do best sevco next week and go on to win the league cos I'd hate to see this set of nasty, vindictive, immoral and spiteful *******s win anything

Bostonhibby
03-09-2016, 05:19 PM
You're all mistaken. The BBC's Scotland's Game made it perfectly clear Rangers are fighting against bigotry now and there's no way they would do make such a blatantly sectarian and provocative gesture.
They really do need a purge of huns and jobs that seem to be handed from hun to hun at BBC the rangers in Scotland. Needs someone from outside their citadel to do it though, Turkeys don't vote for Xmas.

lord bunberry
03-09-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm going to say this now and some may chip in and have a go at me but each to their own. They are the worst club in Scotland for bigotry and hate. I used to believe both OF clubs were two cheeks of the same arse but I honestly feel that sevco are the worst and plum depths of bigotry and sectarianism and sheer hate that any other club do, including Celtic. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean there is some kind of love in with Celtic but I actually hope that the do best sevco next week and go on to win the league cos I'd hate to see this set of nasty, vindictive, immoral and spiteful *******s win anything
I agree 100% with that. Celtic are no angels, but with Rangers it's all about hatred and rage. It's scary to think what the rangers fans are capable of if they feel they're provoked enough.

stoneyburn hibs
03-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Thought they would have taken the Scottish cup with them to show it off. First time they've won it :na na:

Bostonhibby
03-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Thought they would have taken the Scottish cup with them to show it off. First time they've won it :na na:
[emoji106] You'd think they'd have taken the petrofac trophy along for a wee show and tell session.

Here's the only cup we've won........

Pete
03-09-2016, 05:31 PM
They're about tribalism and intimidation. Period.

Celebrating a battle fought three hundred years ago over issues they neither understand nor appreciate. As long as I've followed football, this is the way the Huns have been and they'll never change.

Indeed. Accusing anyone else of severe provocation is ironic considering that's the oxygen that keeps them alive.

JimBHibees
03-09-2016, 06:06 PM
What religion and culture that people want to follow is entirely up to them as long as it is within the law however wtf has that got to do with a Scottish football team I have no idea? Absolutely baffling.

sleeping giant
03-09-2016, 06:09 PM
The the Huns on my Facebook are all sharing a post slating the SNP for worrying about a war 700 years ago.

You just couldn't make it up.

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 06:12 PM
The the Huns on my Facebook are all sharing a post slating the SNP for worrying about a war 700 years ago.

You just couldn't make it up.

Irony is just completely lost on them, no point trying to work it out mate

Bostonhibby
03-09-2016, 06:16 PM
What is it these boys are defending exactly?

Is it something to do with deriwalz (wherever it is) that so many of the huns seem to have a desire to guard?

If it was me I doubt I'd be trying to defend anything with some spotty youths, a few whistles, a drum and a twirly baton.

Aldo
03-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Stuck in the darks ages and TBH it will never ever change.

Just shows exactly what that club is all about.

The spouting of vile sectarian and racist bile which is clearly being supported by the club.

The only people that can stand up to this is the SFA/SPFL! Do you think they will distance themselves from this??

Probably blame Hibs for it!!

CyberSauzee
03-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Out of date bigots who are no longer up to their knees in Fenian blood. The world has moved on, they have not, I ask them not to surrender but to die.

ronaldo7
03-09-2016, 10:16 PM
https://twitter.com/snoop_RFC/status/772047375946973184

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 10:31 PM

Spot on. In their warped World-view, they were victimised when they weren't allowed to reincarnate into the top league. At this point they decided that as part of their 'revenge' mission it was OK to sing all the foul stuff that the fans of the old club used to come out with. Prior to that, there had been some very small progress, but now all bets are off and anything goes. Shame on the SFA for not doing anything about it. There's going to be some really vile stuff when they play Celtic and Aberdeen this season. Like you, I hope Celtic absolutely pump them next week, even though I'm no fan of Celtic fans' self-righteous hijacking of political causes and 'best fans in the World' ballox.

Fambo Jannies
03-09-2016, 10:48 PM
If we'd known about this in advance, we could have clubbed together and paid them to play a flutey instrumental version of 'Stokesy's on Fire.' Chance missed imo. I believe the custom on here is to conclude with the following: PETRIE! :cb

The Pointer
03-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Reminds me of when I was over in NI to watch the Ireland v Scotland rugby international. (We didn't have tickets and it was cheaper watching it on the telly there than going to Dublin. The craic was excellent, natch.)

On the Sunday we did the black cab tour of 'the sights'. The driver pulled up on the Shankill Road at a gap site and said the iRA had bombed the pub that used to stand there. Then he turned and pointed to this nondescript blockhouse of a building on the other side of the road and said, "And that's the biggest Rangers Supporters Club in Norn Irn with 9,000 members."

Made me think someone got the wrong side of the street.

jacomo
04-09-2016, 07:39 AM
The New Rangers are playing to their neanderthal gallery just as much as the Old Rangers. I wonder what the Scottish Media would say if Sellick or Hibernian were photographed with Scottish and Irish Republicans.

Scottish Football could do without this kind of inflammatory nonsense.

:confused:

Mon the Cabbage

More so, in my view.

Oldco occasionally asked their fans to tone down the sectarian cr*p.

Newco under DK seems determined to feed their sense of grievance, and then 'thanks them for their restraint' when they cross the line.

It's a disgusting way to run a club.

marinello59
04-09-2016, 07:48 AM

Seems to be a news blackout on this as well.

staunchhibby
04-09-2016, 07:58 AM
That hatred should not be allowed on twitter.

Finn2015
04-09-2016, 08:14 AM
More so, in my view.

Newco under DK seems determined to feed their sense of grievance, and then 'thanks them for their restraint' when they cross the line.

I think that's the key point here. When the old club died, the new incarnation became a bitter shell with warped ideas and a sense of injustice that they were somehow wronged by all others in Scottish football. Doesn't matter they and the people who ran the old club were responsible for their downfall or that they basically cheated and utilised an unfair sporting advantage over every other club in Scotland for years, they feel embittered when the chickens came home to roost. Now, the vacuum that the old entity left behind has sucked up a new club that is embittered, resentful and vengeful and plays up to the worst excesses of that support. It's a dangerous cocktail and unless the relevant authorities stand up to it and the media stop indulging and tapping into and feeding this monster then it's only going to get worse.

We will see

Sir David Gray
04-09-2016, 08:24 AM
They should have been left to rot and it's a pity that they ever came back from the dead.

The Falcon
04-09-2016, 08:44 AM
More so, in my view.

Purely for financial reasons and nothing else. Sevco are skint and do whatever they have to do to raise cash, no matter whose. They make Oldhun's sectarianism look positively passive.

The Harp Awakes
04-09-2016, 09:01 AM
The sad thing about this, is that Scotland is one of the few countries in the world which will accept this kind of behaviour. Just like the previous episode at Ibrox a few years back when the armed forces joined in a wee sing song of Derrys Walls on the pitch - another outrage but all conveniently swept under the carpet and forgotten about of course.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2016, 09:28 AM
That hatred should not be allowed on twitter.

Their hatred shouldn't be allowed full stop.

I said the other day when the compliance officer released his charges about the cup final,and I stand by it, the reason nothing is done about sectarianism at Rangers is those in power within Scottish football are probably tapping their feet and singing along in their heads when the 'party songs' start. The press just aren't interested because it's so accepted in Scottish football that it isn't even a story.

Hibernia&Alba
04-09-2016, 10:20 AM
They are perpetuating ancient intolerance despite the peace process and the Good Friday Agreement. The Huns have no interest in reconciliation and a shared future but cling to a misplaced idea of superiority based upon a complete lack of analysis. What a sad indictment of their mentality, when a chance for dialogue and progress has presented itself.

Carheenlea
04-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Has this picture appeared in any newspapers this morning? Would be surprised if any news outlets wouldn't deem this newsworthy.

blaikie
04-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Has this picture appeared in any newspapers this morning? Would be surprised if any news outlets wouldn't deem this newsworthy.

Absolutely nothing in the SMSM!

Good piece by Andy Muirhead though on Scotzine

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/09/rangers-first-team-pose-for-pictures-with-loyalist-flute-band/

--------
04-09-2016, 10:42 AM

Sectarian links between The Rangers and Protestant extremists in Northern Ireland?

Doesn't exist, mate. Nothing to see here.

It's a vicious campaign of victimisation orchestrated by the Vatican and Nil By Mouth.

Poor babies!

DaveF
04-09-2016, 11:10 AM

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/09/rangers-first-team-pose-for-pictures-with-loyalist-flute-band/

As predictable as it is sad. The point made in that article about the reaction Stokes (rightly) received compared to the silence on this tells all about those who control the media here.

Betty Boop
04-09-2016, 11:30 AM

Nah Celtic are just as bad.

Col2
04-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Zero MSM coverage on this. Incredible.

Daily Record and Keith Jackson must have the weekend off.

Finn2015
04-09-2016, 11:41 AM

I don't believe there is a club support anywhere as bad as sevcos and I include Celtic and hearts for that matter in that

Cabbage East
04-09-2016, 12:33 PM

No, they aren't. At all. Rangers are completely toxic.

blaikie
04-09-2016, 12:37 PM

I agree to an extent, it's the organised hate that seems to run through the vains of that club and sections of its support!

cleanyman
04-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Linfield and Rangers were playing.

So what.

Betty Boop
04-09-2016, 12:58 PM
I think they are, in fact they feed of each other.

Mon Dieu4
04-09-2016, 01:07 PM
100% the press will report on the Warbutons a fanny song being sung at Stevensons dinner though

heretoday
04-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Another ill-advised stunt. Don't Rangers have a PR department?

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2016, 01:31 PM

They cleary don't have a
R C department

Fuzzywuzzy
04-09-2016, 01:37 PM

He's too busy fabricating claims of assault, injustice and fans protecting the sevco 'way'

lyonhibs
04-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Who or what are the Shankhill Road Defenders??

tamig
04-09-2016, 02:17 PM

Some dodgy orange flute band.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Some kind of traffic wardens? Dunno? Presumably there is an ever present danger that can only be deterred by playing a few tin whistles and banging a drum.

Hezbelle
04-09-2016, 02:34 PM
My wee east coast town has a fairly new flute band, the musseelburgh true defenders. I don't know what they are.defending against and how their orange and blue suits.and big drums and twirly stick action helps.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2016, 02:36 PM
My wee east coast town has a fairly new flute band, the musseelburgh true defenders. I don't know what they are.defending against and how their orange and blue suits.and big drums and twirly stick action helps.
The stick could keep the flies off I suppose

Pretty Boy
04-09-2016, 02:40 PM

The desire of the Roman Catholics of Scotland to restore the Stuart House to the throne and in turn return the country to Catholic rule. It's a strong desire of all Catholics and many SNP activists apparently.

Or so one of them told me when I was daft enough to get into a debate with him about it. Why they can't just go to church on a Sunday to express their religious freedom is beyond me. In fact it's not, their marches are about triumphalism, intimidation and provocation.

Purehibee_MYB
04-09-2016, 05:00 PM
It's one thing to turn the other cheek and allow horrible behaviour of your fans but to be complicity involved and encourage the behaviour has to result in severe consequences. We all know it won't though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------
04-09-2016, 05:15 PM
The desire of the Roman Catholics of Scotland to restore the Stuart House to the throne and in turn return the country to Catholic rule. It's a strong desire of all Catholics and many SNP activists apparently.

Or so one of them told me when I was daft enough to get into a debate with him about it. Why they can't just go to church on a Sunday to express their religious freedom is beyond me. In fact it's not, their marches are about triumphalism, intimidation and provocation.

Speaking as one who leads worship in a Church of Scotland in North Lanarkshire, two points.

ONE - VERY VERY FEW OF THEM INDEED ever darken the door of any church of any denomination. Their religious freedom appears to consist in the freedom to lie in on Sunday mornings sleeping off the booze from the Saturday night celebrations (or the opposite) of SEVCO's efforts to restore the former glories of the red-white-and-blue. They do this even when SEVCO haven't been playing.

Oh yes, and waken their neighbours a dozen times a year with the thump of that rotten bass drum and the screeching of their penny-whistles.

AND TWO - why would you want to wish that crowd on me and my poor innocent fellow-worshippers?

What did I ever do to you?

JimBHibees
04-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Speaking as one who leads worship in a Church of Scotland in North Lanarkshire, two points.

ONE - VERY VERY FEW OF THEM INDEED ever darken the door of any church of any denomination. Their religious freedom appears to consist in the freedom to sleep in on Sunday mornings sleeping off the booze from the Saturday night celebrations (or the opposite) of SEVCO's efforts to restore the former glories of the red-white-and-blue.

Oh yes, and waken their neighbours a dozen times a year with the thump of that rotten bass drum and the screeching of their penny-whistles.

AND TWO - why would you want to wish that crowd on me and my poor innocent fellow-worshippers?

:faf::faf::greengrin

Albanian Hibs
04-09-2016, 05:21 PM

😝

staunchhibby
04-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Wonder if the daily sevco headlines tomorrow blasts the hibees for singing the Warburton song at Turriff today.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2016, 06:34 PM

ONE - VERY VERY FEW OF THEM INDEED ever darken the door of any church of any denomination. Their religious freedom appears to consist in the freedom to lie in on Sunday mornings sleeping off the booze from the Saturday night celebrations (or the opposite) of SEVCO's efforts to restore the former glories of the red-white-and-blue. They do this even when SEVCO haven't been playing.

:top marks:not worth:not worth Even us atheists don't want, or deserve them:greengrin

jacomo
04-09-2016, 08:41 PM

Interesting comparison with Stokes.

He got into real trouble for associating with dodgy republicans.

The entire Rangers first team pose with dodgy loyalists, and not a peep from the media.

Level playing field?

O'Rourke3
04-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Interesting comparison with Stokes.

He got into real trouble for associating with dodgy republicans.

The entire Rangers first team pose with dodgy loyalists, and not a peep from the media.

Level playing field?

It's a UK ready reckoner. Irish Rebublican versus UK "togetherness" IRA let of bombs in UK. loyalists targeted IRA sympathisers. Neither are acceptable but UK papers will play the home team. I'll never forget the "*******S" headline in the Falklands War. Apparenty doing to UK forces what UK forces were doing to Argentine was below the belt.

Eyrie
04-09-2016, 09:38 PM
It's a UK ready reckoner. Irish Rebublican versus UK "togetherness" IRA let of bombs in UK. loyalists targeted IRA sympathisers. Neither are acceptable but UK papers will play the home team. I'll never forget the "*******S" headline in the Falklands War. Apparenty doing to UK forces what UK forces were doing to Argentine was below the belt.

You're seriously trying to equate terrorist attacks on civilians with a war in response to an illegal invasion?

Take your politics to the Holy Ground and keep them off the football board please.

O'Rourke3
04-09-2016, 09:44 PM
You're seriously trying to equate terrorist attacks on civilians with a war in response to an illegal invasion?

Take your politics to the Holy Ground and keep them off the football board please.

No.... I was trying to make a point about the media in answer to the question posed in the post quoted, but please feel free to be offended. Check my post history too for political content if you don't believe me.

Eyrie
04-09-2016, 09:47 PM
No.... I was trying to make a point about the media in answer to the question posed in the post quoted, but please feel free to be offended. Check my post history too for political content if you don't believe me.

That's not how your last sentence reads, even if you didn't intend it that way.

I'll take your word about your other posts.

O'Rourke3
04-09-2016, 09:53 PM

Still about The Media regardless of how you interpret it. The headline was in the papers nowhere else and I won't forget It.

monktonharp
04-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Or so one of them told me when I was daft enough to get into a debate with him about it. Why they can't just go to church on a Sunday to express their religious freedom is beyond me. In fact it's not, their marches are about triumphalism, intimidation and provocation.the same "defenders" warmed up for their march a few yearsa go outside my Auld Duchesses' hoose in Rothsay Place Mussie a few years ago. I got off the bus,turned into my Ma's street and had to wade through a couple of hundred onlookers to get into her stair. the fact that I was wearing an auld Hibs top, meant I was subjected to prolonged verbal abuse, with mainly send yer Hibbies over here!. the fact that my Ma was a catholic, was felt by her that was the reason they were there.. 2 young polis, and they would not even approach me, as I gave them abuse back. filthy barstewards, brave in number.

Betty Boop
05-09-2016, 10:14 AM

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/features/the-loyalist-band-thats-marching-to-a-different-drum-31555806.html

CapitalGreen
05-09-2016, 10:18 AM

Read to me like he was making a point about the media. At no point reading that did I think he was equating terrorist actions in N Ireland to actions of the British forces in the Falklands.

BullsCloseHibs
05-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Once again, that cockroach-type outfit (AKA Sevco) promote paramilitaries AGAIN.

2016 and still they drag us back to 1690 (or whatever year the man rode that horse and it did a crap in a field)

Moulin Yarns
05-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Once again, that cockroach-type outfit (AKA Sevco) promote paramilitaries AGAIN.

2016 and still they drag us back to 1690 (or whatever year the man rode that horse and it did a crap in a field)

Not only that, but they get coverage on the BBBC (Bloody Biased Broadcasting Corporation)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37268778

Galahibby
05-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Yet they're wetting their pants on Facebook at us singing a 'vile' song about their manager at Lewy's testimonial dinner. I think it's time for my very first "deary me"!

Vini1875
05-09-2016, 12:48 PM
The pictures with the flute band are on rangers official website. There is no pretence that they are not the bigots many consider them to be. Silence is the response of the media in this country, who will go on to wet themselves over the greatest club game in the world at the weekend.

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2016, 12:52 PM
The pictures with the flute band are on rangers official website. There is no pretence that they are not the bigots many consider them to be. Silence is the response of the media in this country, who will go on to wet themselves over the greatest club game in the world at the weekend.

They really are pathetic, this after claiming all players were assaulted in May. The vilest Club going....:rolleyes:

allezsauzee
05-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Not only that, but they get coverage on the BBBC (Bloody Biased Broadcasting Corporation)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37268778

Linfield must be shockingly bad to get beaten 7-0 by that lot

AndyM_1875
05-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Maybe it's because I'm an atheist but I just don't get this behaviour by Rangers. Why would they associate with this? The whole Oldco/Newco arguments bores me to tears almost as badly as Old Firm sectarianism but they really did have a chance in 2012 and after to move away from the sectarian toxicity of the past. They could have stopped getting involved with nonsense like playing Linfield every year and doing photocalls with all sorts of Nothern Ireland fringe loonies. The could have tried to say we admit there things in the past that were distasteful and abhorrent.
But no....they do this.

Baldy Foghorn
05-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Maybe it's because I'm an atheist but I just don't get this behaviour by Rangers. Why would they associate with this? The whole Oldco/Newco arguments bores me to tears but they really did have a chance in 2012 and after to move away from the sectarian toxicity of the past. They could have stopped getting involved with nonsense like playing Linfield every year and doing photocalls with all sorts of Nothern Ireland fringe loonies. The could have tried to say we admit there things in the past that were distasteful and abhorrent.
But no....they do this.

Sectarianism is a big area of income for some at Ibrox. Orange strips anyone? They will never sort it, they don't want to, and are more than happy to publicly photograph themselves with sectarian flute bands. Toxic yes, but media happy not to report it...All swept under the carpet, nothing to see here

Craig_HFC
05-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Tell you what, it's a miracle that their players were even able to walk again after the brutal beatings they all suffered at the hands of the violent Hibs support in May.

They must have had a brilliant plastic surgeon too as you can't see any of the scars or disfigurement they suffered.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
05-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Tell you what, it's a miracle that their players were even able to walk again after the brutal beatings they all suffered at the hands of the violent Hibs support in May.

They must have had a brilliant plastic surgeon too as you can't see any of the scars or disfigurement they suffered.

:greengrin
Probably cured by the magic flute, they've moved on now the hat doesn't work any more

Craig_HFC
05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Probably cured by the magic flute, they've moved on now the hat doesn't work any more

So what you're saying is that Warburton got all the The Rangers players to blow his magic flute?

:cb

southsider
05-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Maybe it's because I'm an atheist but I just don't get this behaviour by Rangers. Why would they associate with this? The whole Oldco/Newco arguments bores me to tears almost as badly as Old Firm sectarianism but they really did have a chance in 2012 and after to move away from the sectarian toxicity of the past. They could have stopped getting involved with nonsense like playing Linfield every year and doing photocalls with all sorts of Nothern Ireland fringe loonies. The could have tried to say we admit there things in the past that were distasteful and abhorrent.
But no....they do this.
Aye but are you a Kaflic atheist or a proddy aitheist ? Hey Jimmy whit skool did ye go tae ? That is how their tiny minds think.

GreenPJ
05-09-2016, 01:31 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/features/the-loyalist-band-thats-marching-to-a-different-drum-31555806.html

The bad PR decision seems to be on the part of the loyalist band. If they are trying to reach across divides and be seen as less accommodating of intolerances to people based on religion or nationality then why associate themselves with the Rangers.

southsider
05-09-2016, 01:33 PM
So what you're saying is that Warburton got all the The Rangers players to blow his magic flute?

Like keith vaz

Bostonhibby
05-09-2016, 01:34 PM

[emoji1] Either that or they banged his big drum or twirled his baton.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2016, 06:33 PM
I was unfortunate to be on the ferry back from Belfast to Cairnryan yesterday at 3pm. The boat was hoaching with them. Every single one of them pissed, the majority wearing tshirts etc with red hands, union flags and a bunch of stuff about being defenders or protectors of one thing or another.
The ferry had security guards on it unlike the one I sailed on to get to Ireland, but guess what? Last Thursday didn't have hundreds of bevied up Huns on board. A fight broke out in the bar less than ten minutes into the journey and it was a horrible place to be and I was glad that me and the 19 kids and 6 other adults managed to get off safely, the atmosphere really was that bad.
The worst thing for me was the looks of bemusement and fear on the faces of the foreign tourists on board who must have wondered if they had wandered into the filming of a zombie movie (pun intended). Not one of them could construct a sentence with the words **** **** or ******* being in it somewhere, and shouted loudly. I am a proud Scot but that lot make me feel as close as it could ever be possible to being embarrassed to be Scottish. They are an absolute disgrace and truly are Scotland's shame.

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2016, 06:39 PM
I was unfortunate to be on the ferry back from Belfast to Cairnryan yesterday at 3pm. The boat was hoaching with them. Every single one of them pissed, the majority wearing tshirts etc with red hands, union flags and a bunch of stuff about being defenders or protectors of one thing or another.
The ferry had security guards on it unlike the one I sailed on to get to Ireland, but guess what? Last Thursday didn't have hundreds of bevied up Huns on board. A fight broke out in the bar less than ten minutes into the journey and it was a horrible place to be and I was glad that me and the 19 kids and 6 other adults managed to get off safely, the atmosphere really was that bad.
The worst thing for me was the looks of bemusement and fear on the faces of the foreign tourists on board who must have wondered if they had wandered into the filming of a zombie movie (pun intended). Not one of them could construct a sentence with the words **** **** or ******* being in it somewhere, and shouted loudly. I am a proud Scot but that lot make me feel as close as it could ever be possible to being embarrassed to be Scottish. They are an absolute disgrace and truly are Scotland's shame.

I'll always remember a text I received from a cousin in Manchester in 2008 when the Rangers were in town for the UEFA cup final and, naturally, wrecked the place. It was short but sweet: "they're animals". :greengrin

Mr White
05-09-2016, 06:44 PM

Having made the mistake of getting on the belfast bound boat on the 11th July a few years back I can imagine what it was like for you. Horrific experience.

Jack Hackett
05-09-2016, 06:52 PM

What you talking about? It's no bigotry, it's 'kulchur'

Dashing Bob S
05-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Much more sinister than Huns being Huns is the failure of the media, sporting authorities or politicians to even reference this.

Once again this vile club live in a parallel universe to rest of Scottish society regarding their actions, and the powers that be look the other way.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Maybe warbler doesn't know about the "traditions" and just thought it was a chance to get a couple of defenders who were cheaper and under 35 who might be able to defend?😉

Nakedmanoncrack
05-09-2016, 08:41 PM

Cross community my a***, though to be fair Shankill could be accurately described as a permanently cross community.

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Cross community my a***, though to be fair Shankill could be accurately described as a permanently cross community.
The Belfast Telegraph is staunchly Unionist and will lap it up.

silverhibee
05-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Walter Smith: The Rangers will always be "bitter" towards rest of Scottish football.

Certainly showing it.

AndyM_1875
06-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Aye but are you a Kaflic atheist or a proddy aitheist ? Hey Jimmy whit skool did ye go tae ? That is how their tiny minds think.

Their minds are certainly tiny.