PDA

View Full Version : Lewis stevenson

Ultrabee1-0
03-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Is this guy not what we are all about? Yes we've had legends like the famous 5, stanton, le God,and in some what riordan and Griffiths, I'm not doubting these players quality or love for hibs, they all had flare and where amazing on the eye, but Stevenson is that player who gives his all in every game, his hard grit and determination is what this club is all about, he's been here through the worst times of our club and the best, he's stuck with us through it all, it seems that for the first time in a long time he's a player that gets a kick out of putting the top on and understands what it means to play for hibs. He's a great embassasador for our club. Down to earth and conducts him self brilliantly, could you imagine telling Griffiths he was playing left mid, he wouldn't have it, Stevenson would take it on the chin and preform to the best of his ability, I'm not slagging anyone off here all I'm saying is we have a true hibs man here and a guy who should be put in our hall of fame and be recognised in the history books as Mr hibernian!

Highland_Hibee
03-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes there is no doubt for me he is what Hibs are all about. Keep doing what you are doing, ignore the haters and succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
03-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Is this guy not what we are all about? Yes we've had legends like the famous 5, stanton, le God,and in some what riordan and Griffiths, I'm not doubting these players quality or love for hibs, they all had flare and where amazing on the eye, but Stevenson is that player who gives his all in every game, his hard grit and determination is what this club is all about, he's been here through the worst times of our club and the best, he's stuck with us through it all, it seems that for the first time in a long time he's a player that gets a kick out of putting the top on and understands what it means to play for hibs. He's a great embassasador for our club. Down to earth and conducts him self brilliantly, could you imagine telling Griffiths he was playing left mid, he wouldn't have it, Stevenson would take it on the chin and preform to the best of his ability, I'm not slagging anyone off here all I'm saying is we have a true hibs man here and a guy who should be put in our hall of fame and be recognised in the history books as Mr hibernian!

Not sure what the point about Griffiths is all about. Off the pitch he's had some questionable moments, but when it comes to the football his attitude has always been spot on.

Ultrabee1-0
03-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Not sure what the point about Griffiths is all about. Off the pitch he's had some questionable moments, but when it comes to the football his attitude has always been spot on.

My point was that Griffiths loves hibs, he's a fantastic player, but there was times when he would moan and winge, griffiths plays for himself, if he got told to play left back or centre midfield he would spit the dummy out, he did it when ronny deila put him out wide. I love Griffiths as much as the next person and there's no hidding he adores hibs, there isn't much wrong with his attitude it's just that Stevenson has that grit about him and just wants to be on the pitch. You can't say that about many players, I'm not picking on anyone because I love them all as much as you it's just Stevenson is a class above the rest in my eyes.

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2016, 01:34 PM
No one that adores Hibs kisses the Celtic badge. Lewis is 100x the Hibby Griffiths will ever be.

sleeping giant
03-09-2016, 03:12 PM
No one that adores Hibs kisses the Celtic badge. Lewis is 100x the Hibby Griffiths will ever be.

:agree:

WestStandMoaner
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM

Agree with you totally, Lewis for me is a man of total integrity, his commitment to hibs is unquestionable, just getting ready to leave to his testimonial dinner to thank him for all his efforts.

Jim44
03-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Sorry if this is old hat but I just came across it just now:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-hails-lewis-stevenson-ahead-of-testimonial-dinner-1-4219868

oldbutdim
04-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Great night

WestStandMoaner
04-09-2016, 12:49 AM
Great night

just home from Lewis testimonial, brilliant night the man is pure class, proclaimers superb, picture taking with Lewis league cup and Scottish cup, with family and best mate as a hibby life could not get any better right now

goodnight

c,mom the hibs

jodjam
04-09-2016, 01:21 AM
just home from Lewis testimonial, brilliant night the man is pure class, proclaimers superb, picture taking with Lewis league cup and Scottish cup, with family and best mate as a hibby life could not get any better right now

goodnight

c,mom the hibs

Thanks Mark for a great night. Wee Lewis is class. A truly great night

Libby Hibby
04-09-2016, 01:33 AM
Just in, superb night, Hibs class

High-On-Hibs
04-09-2016, 01:50 AM
I've seen the lad take some stick over the years. But he's always taken it on the chin and strived to better himself every time. His reward has been to achieve what no other Hibs player in history has ever achieved which is a League Cup and Scottish Cup winners medal which he absolutely deserves. He may not be the off your seat type player who excites very often, but week in week out he bleeds green for the jersey and always puts in a hard shift.

I reckon decades from now, people will look back on Lewis Stevenson and consider him one of the greats who will be remembered for centuries to come.

One of Hibs greatest and most loyal servants.

Boyle89
04-09-2016, 02:12 AM
My mate works at hibs and I was lucky to get a ticket through him. Well I say lucky but it was down to the legend himself Lewis Stevenson.
I've only met Lewis once but he remembered my name and actually thanked me for coming and hoped I had a good night. I know that he would thank everyone for coming but to hear it from him was amazing. Literally the most polite man on the planet. Can't think of a more deserving person to have s testimonial.

Here's to another 10 year LS!

GGTTH!!

Alex Trager
04-09-2016, 02:35 AM
The videos are making me wished I earned the same as you lot so I could have went

;)

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2016, 07:37 AM
What *** night a club like no other

Cocaine&Caviar
04-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Get the number 16 retired.

Finn2015
04-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Seen pics and videos of the night, looked amazing and gutted couldn't go. Hibs do these things very well

WoreTheGreen
04-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Was trying to imagine any other clubs who could hold a night like lastnight . The rangers - flute bands. Herts old Vlads sub vidieos Celtic. Irish stuff. Hibs true class

MichelleHibs
04-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Was a great night! Very fitting for the legend that he is. Ggtth! 💚⚽️🏆

matty_f
04-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Saw some videos and photos on Facebook and Twitter, looked a fantastic evening and fitting of the man himself.

Genuinely one of my all time favourite Hibees.

Fambo Jannies
04-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Glad to hear it was a great night. Brilliant servant of the Club and a genuinely modest person. :not worth

Hibee87
04-09-2016, 09:16 AM

Pish. Leigh is a hibs fan. A died in the wool hibs fan who I'm sure after his career will attend games and support the team even more than he currently does

Kissing the Celtic badge has nothing to with personal club loyalty but knowing where his bread is buttered, and doing what he sees fit to further his career. If kissing a bit of cotton makes the celtc fans warm to him, why wouldn't he? He didn't have a great start with their fans remember.

High-On-Hibs
04-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Pish. Leigh is a hibs fan. A died in the wool hibs fan who I'm sure after his career will attend games and support the team even more than he currently does

Kissing the Celtic badge has nothing to with personal club loyalty but knowing where his bread is buttered, and doing what he sees fit to further his career. If kissing a bit of cotton makes the celtc fans warm to him, why wouldn't he? He didn't have a great start with their fans remember.

I'd say it's the goals that are warming them to him, not some empty badge kissing gesture. I taste a little vomit each time I see him do it.

Earlydelivery
04-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Don't like Leigh kissing that badge , just not right

Jim44
04-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Beyond his use to their club, they hold him in contempt. The things written and said about him just before he went there and during his first year were unbelievable. You can't detract the slagging off he got just because he scores lots of goals.

Cat Stanton
04-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Just seen this - presume it is from last night:

https://twitter.com/holyroodboxing/status/772179977949306880

Alex Trager
04-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Just seen this - presume it is from last night:

https://twitter.com/holyroodboxing/status/772179977949306880

See. That.

I'd like to think the players were giving it big warburton licks.

Finn2015
04-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Can't speak highly enough of him. I agree with Lennon to, think he will be part of hibs for a long time to come to

KSA Hibee
04-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Was trying to get back to my seat last night and had to try and squeeze past a group including Lewis near the table .. "excuse me lads" said I...

The man himself then apologised to me saying sorry to then move out the way...

A very simple gesture that to me just typified Lewis

Even at the very end of the night he was happy to pose for even more pictures and chat.

Tremendous night and a tremendous person.

Hibby70
04-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Any news on a Testimonial match?

JIm
04-09-2016, 01:12 PM
in 20/30/40/50 years time when we look back in the history of our club, there is no doubt in my mind he will go down as one of the greatest servants this club has ever had.

Like many have said perhaps not the most gifted footballer we have ever had but the fact he has been here for so long, stayed through every managerial change speaks volumes about him not only as a player but a person.

Gutted to have missed last night but well deserved for King Lewis.

Craig_HFC
04-09-2016, 01:43 PM
See. That.

I'd like to think the players were giving it big warburton licks.

One of them certainly was.

:greengrin