PDA

View Full Version : Hibs plan a new on site health centre.....

BullsCloseHibs
03-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Not sure if already posted?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14326885.Hibs_plan_a_new_on_site_health_centre_and _family_crisis_support_base/

danhibees1875
03-09-2016, 10:26 AM
All sounds very positive. LD makes a good point about the scope that football has to reach such a large demographic and how football should be doing more to use that for good.

I'm glad hibs seem to be at the forefront of initiatives like this, and I hope it helps provide the support required to those who need it. :aok:

We seem to be continually heading in the right direction, on and off the pitch.

CockneyRebel
03-09-2016, 10:26 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14326885.Hibs_plan_a_new_on_site_health_centre_and _family_crisis_support_base/

Just WOW!

HibsNutter
03-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Couldn't be more impressed with the club right now

Mikey
03-09-2016, 10:34 AM
It would be good to know how it's being funded. Last week we couldn't afford the fee for Liam Henderson and now we're creating a health centre.

We are a football club after all, and I don't believe for one minute that there's no outlay for the club.

I shall now retreat to my bunker :greengrin

Fisherrow Harp
03-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Fantastic, makes even prouder to be a Hibs fan!

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 10:56 AM
It would be good to know how it's being funded. Last week we couldn't afford the fee for Liam Henderson and now we're creating a health centre.

We are a football club after all, and I don't believe for one minute that there's no outlay for the club.

The Gamechanger project is what's called a public social partnership. That means the vast majority of funding essentially comes from NHS Lothian and/or the health and social care partnerships in City of Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian (that's the councils and health board working in partnership), plus some ringfenced Scottish Government money to tackle specific conditions, so it's all public sector money.

It's meant to tackle the issues they face earlier on e.g. tackling isolation before it becomes mental ill-health; promoting diabetes awareness before it becomes unmanageable or requires more intensive treatment. This is obviously better for the person but also saves public money by avoiding more intensive or longer treatment for some people. It's just a different (and hopefully better) way of spending money the hospitals and social work have always spent.

What makes a PSP different from what used to happen is that those agencies used to spend money just buying a response or a reactive service. This is about getting in earlier and preventing rather than reacting. To do that, it's bodies like our football club that may often be best-placed because we have a credibility or buy-in from the public that an NHS promotion might not.

One of the principles of the approach is also that everyone contributes. In the club's case (as opposed to the Community Foundation), this will be in kind I suspect. Trusts and legacy funds may put money in, but the principles of the approach are more about people contributing in relation to where their own strengths or assets lie.

For example, we may make a first-team player available (I think Scott Allan was involved in the diabetes awareness-raising?) or we may make part of our estate available e.g. the conferencing facilities at ER, for an event. You could argue that there's an opportunity missed in that we could potentially sell that space as we normally would and make some income. I would be astonished if there is any impact on Lennon's transfer budget as a consequence however.

And when you look at the bigger picture, it's in the club's interest to be promoting good mental and physical health - if we keep people well, they'll be able to come to more matches and put more money into the club for much longer :greengrin

HibsNutter
03-09-2016, 10:59 AM

Think the two corners that Henderson took in the final have shaped our view of him as a player, he wasn't consistent for us last season. We shouldn't pay £400k for someone who wouldn't be guaranteed to start just now. He may be worth the investment next year.

Mikey
03-09-2016, 11:06 AM
The Gamechanger project is what's called a public social partnership..........

Cheers for that.

On the subject of the Community Foundation, they now get a cut of the half time draw money that used to wholly go to Youth Development. It's not exactly a huge amount but it's money that's being diverted away from the footballing side.

When I used to do the admin gig here I regularly got phone calls from someone at East Mains asking if the site had any spare cash to fund something or another. We're in the wrong league to be funding non football ventures.

O'Rourke3
03-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Excellent stuff. Also quite hard for the west coast media to have a go at "An Evil Empire" in the East when the club does more than most others put together with this type of initiative.

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Cheers for that.

On the subject of the Community Foundation, they now get a cut of the half time draw money that used to wholly go to Youth Development. It's not exactly a huge amount but it's money that's being diverted away from the footballing side.

When I used to do the admin gig here I regularly got phone calls from someone at East Mains asking if the site had any spare cash to fund something or another. We're in the wrong league to be funding non football ventures.

I suppose if that's an issue then the club could say what the deal is here. Is the draw money split half prize, half club? The prize is usually a high three-figure sum isn't it?

I don't know what percentage goes to HCF. If it was half of the half, then it could be several thousand pounds a year. I guess the accounts could show whether the club directly makes up the shortfall to youth development.

That notwithstanding, my opinion would be that we should have a properly-defined youth development budget, knowing what we want to spend our money on and resourcing it to that level. When this site puts additional money in, enabling further resourcing, that's great, but the club shouldn't rely on that or a variable income from the halftime draw to finance its core business. I don't think it does though, certainly hope not.

ALF TUPPER
03-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Fantastic! Ill enjoy reading about this initiative while enjoying my lunchtime steakbakes and donut treats. 😉

lucky
03-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Cheers for that.

But the community project takes the club into areas and in touch with potential supporters and businesses. I've started to get involved in some of this stuff and the work that Laura Montgomery and her team do is great for Edinburgh and Hibs. The Preserved tour is just another example of their work. Hibs are fundamentally a football club but the part that the club plays in all our life's gives the club an opportunity to put back into our community. Hibs are a lifestyle choice.

FranckSuzy
03-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Think the two corners that Henderson took in the final have shaped our view of him as a player, he wasn't consistent for us last season. We shouldn't pay £400k for someone who wouldn't be guaranteed to start just now. He may be worth the investment next year.

:faf:

banarc7062
03-09-2016, 11:25 AM
All sounds very positive. LD makes a good point about the scope that football has to reach such a large demographic and how football should be doing more to use that for good.

I'm glad hibs seem to be at the forefront of initiatives like this, and I hope it helps provide the support required to those who need it. :aok:

Just proves the sentiment echoed by Eddie Turnbull....."there's class and then there's HIBS class" :aok:

lord bunberry
03-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Cheers for that.

I disagree. Hibs should be seen as more than just a football club. We should be reaching out to the local community and giving something back. The club was founded on these traditions and it's something that should be continued. Things like this and the healthy hibee initiative are just the tip of the iceberg imo. Everyone in our local area should be made to feel part of the club, especially the kids so that they grow up as hibs fans. We should be aiming to have as many people in our area supporting the club rather than the gruesome twosome or the EPL.

Seveno
03-09-2016, 12:03 PM
I suspect that STF is behind this initiative, both in spirit and financially.

Kaiser1962
03-09-2016, 12:19 PM
I suspect that STF is behind this initiative, both in spirit and financially.

The original idea was to build community facilities behind the new east before we lost out on the bid for land, the so called "Lochend Butterfly", due to some decidely shady shenanigans.

McIntosh
03-09-2016, 12:21 PM
I suspect that STF is behind this initiative, both in spirit and financially. He had to be convinced.

Seveno
03-09-2016, 12:21 PM
The original idea was to build community facilities behind the new east before we lost out on the bid for land, the so called "Lochend Butterfly", due to some decidely shady shenanigans.

Shady Jambo Council shenanigans

ACLeith
03-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Shady Jambo Council shenanigans
Sits alongside being allowed to avoid paying council tax and safety certificates. A suspicious person might think there's a pattern there 😡

lord bunberry
03-09-2016, 12:59 PM

I thought it was hibs that owned that land and the council kept dragging their heels over giving permission on the land being developed for housing.

Wee Effen Bee
03-09-2016, 01:10 PM
I disagree. Hibs should be seen as more than just a football club. We should be reaching out to the local community and giving something back. The club was founded on these traditions and it's something that should be continued. Things like this and the healthy hibee initiative are just the tip of the iceberg imo. Everyone in our local area should be made to feel part of the club, especially the kids so that they grow up as hibs fans. We should be aiming to have as many people in our area supporting the club rather than the gruesome twosome or the EPL.

100% Agree your Lordship. :agree:

Mcpakeisgod
03-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Love LD

heidtheba
03-09-2016, 01:19 PM

This. The fact we could be doing something to have truly life-changing (for the better) consequences is incredibly important. I also think that because football is still a largely male preserve, anything that opens up offers of support is so very important. Men fare very badly in terms of picking up on support available. Suicides and the fact that men are 1.5 times more likely to die of cancer simply because they won't go to the doctors to get it checked out is something society needs to be doing. If a bit of cash from a football club goes there then that's a great initiative.

Hopefully this 'feel good' thing works in our favour with sponsors and other money making things. It might be win win win. I strongly suggest a quick peek at 'Running an ethical business' as a book. It's amazing. Charity is hopefully moving away from the 'I made a donation but I don't like to talk about it' to actually being an intrinsic part of businesses and a reason that people chose to 'vote' for that company either in terms of purchases or financial support.

Jack
03-09-2016, 01:54 PM
If the GP facilities are run on a normal basis then Hibs will get a decent rent, not sure about any other space used within the stadium.

Now I doubt that will be the reason Hibs are involved but it might allay any fears that Mikey and those similarly concerned may have around funds being diverted from our raison d'etre.

Knowing what I do about HCF, not much but, I'd suspect any income from rent would be recycled within the project or others it runs.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Couldn't agree more with this sort of initiative and it makes me proud to see the club I support and where I own a lightbulb being at the forefront of what football clubs should be to their communities.

I'm not unique in having had a number of bad things happen in my life, but through it all I always had the fitba' ... I blame Hibs for sending me off ma' heid on more than one occasion ..... but I also credit them with keeping me sane on far more occasions ... GGTTH http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Malthibby
03-09-2016, 02:53 PM

:agree: Indeedy. Pumping Hibee blood throughout the wider community & flushing out the aliens (specifically Jambo/Newco/Celtic/EPL. Lots of other aliens are very nice people).
GG

Ozyhibby
03-09-2016, 03:49 PM
I think the Behind the goals is going to be where this is located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 07:26 PM

Indeed and I for one am proud the club is taking such a positive step in helping the local community. Very commendable

High-On-Hibs
03-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Absolutely terrific stuff. Makes you so proud to be associated with this club. Compare this to another club that penny pinches from charities for their own selfish agenda.

McIntosh
05-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Agree to receive a costed proposal in November 2016 for the development of the North Stand of Easter Road Stadium to provide a health and wellbeing centre for Leith and the North East Locality.

The flagship proposal within the Healthier workstream is to develop a health and social care hub within Easter Road Stadium which has the potential to deliver a range of primary care (including a GP Practice) mental health and substance misuse services delivered by statutory and 3rd sector agencies. There is also capacity to enable community groups and peer led initiatives to use the space promoting cohesiveness and connectivity across a range of 3rd sector and statutory providers.

Brunton Place Surgery has a list size of 8,010 people and is situated on Brunton Place in North East Edinburgh. The practice area/boundary includes parts of districts EH1, EH6, EH7 and EH8. Brunton Place Surgery has been providing healthcare to the local community for over 100 years. The practice is committed to the ethos of the Partnership and views this as a unique opportunity to build on already established relationships with community groups, and to foster new collaborations. This would greatly contribute to address unmet medical needs and health inequalities in the local area and deliver significantly improved and more integrated care. The list size can also be extended to 10,000.

Initial architect drawings and surveys to convert the North Stand of Easter Road stadium and Hibernian FC have confirmed that the stadium would be ready for the necessary extensive remodelling in January 2017.

Greenworld
05-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Agree to receive a costed proposal in November 2016 for the development of the North Stand of Easter Road Stadium to provide a health and wellbeing centre for Leith and the North East Locality.

The flagship proposal within the Healthier workstream is to develop a health and social care hub within Easter Road Stadium which has the potential to deliver a range of primary care (including a GP Practice) mental health and substance misuse services delivered by statutory and 3rd sector agencies. There is also capacity to enable community groups and peer led initiatives to use the space promoting cohesiveness and connectivity across a range of 3rd sector and statutory providers.

Brunton Place Surgery has a list size of 8,010 people and is situated on Brunton Place in North East Edinburgh. The practice area/boundary includes parts of districts EH1, EH6, EH7 and EH8. Brunton Place Surgery has been providing healthcare to the local community for over 100 years. The practice is committed to the ethos of the Partnership and views this as a unique opportunity to build on already established relationships with community groups, and to foster new collaborations. This would greatly contribute to address unmet medical needs and health inequalities in the local area and deliver significantly improved and more integrated care. The list size can also be extended to 10,000.

Initial architect drawings and surveys to convert the North Stand of Easter Road stadium and Hibernian FC have confirmed that the stadium would be ready for the necessary extensive remodelling in January 2017.
There is no cost to hibs for all this LHB have agreed funding which is significant ...I'm not 100% on this bit but new function suites will need to be built and I heard this will be done in the East stand

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

McIntosh
05-09-2016, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Greenworld;4812273]There is no cost to hibs for all this LHB have agreed funding which is significant ...I'm not 100% on this bit but new function suites will need to be built and I heard this will be done in the East stand

Hibs will be able to borrow on the rental income from a 25 year contract with a break at 15 years. This is significant financial income for the club. The cost of refurbishment is being met by NHS Lothian. There are other plans a foot which are near to completion. It will transform the use of the stadium and be a major source of income for the club.

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 06:18 AM
[QUOTE=Greenworld;4812273]There is no cost to hibs for all this LHB have agreed funding which is significant ...I'm not 100% on this bit but new function suites will need to be built and I heard this will be done in the East stand

Hibs will be able to borrow on the rental income from a 25 year contract with a break at 15 years. This is significant financial income for the club. The cost of refurbishment is being met by NHS Lothian. There are other plans a foot which are near to completion. It will transform the use of the stadium and be a major source of income for the club.
Hotel? Premier Inn again just a snippet I heard

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=McIntosh;4812341]
Hotel? Premier Inn again just a snippet I heard

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk That has been proposed but rejected. I would not rule it out but it would restrict the potential growth of what in essence is a consolidated polyclinic.

WhileTheChief..
06-09-2016, 07:13 AM
So basically the north stand is going to be like a GPs surgery during the week??

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 07:14 AM
So basically the north stand is going to be like a GPs surgery during the week??

Three of them plus other services but that is only part of this project

Ozyhibby
06-09-2016, 07:28 AM

I've seen it like a morgue a few times. [emoji23]

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:37 AM
I've seen it like a morgue a few times. [emoji23]

Not lately [emoji1]

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Three of them plus other services but that is only part of this project
I do know that LHB were very impressed with LD vision and ideas so sold them on it.. these corner sites just might be filled in soon as well [emoji102]

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:46 AM
:agree: Indeedy. Pumping Hibee blood throughout the wider community & flushing out the aliens (specifically Jambo/Newco/Celtic/EPL. Lots of other aliens are very nice people).
GG
There are positives for getting people back to work and not taking time off...would you go to easter road if you were a jambo

Ozyhibby
06-09-2016, 08:47 AM
I do know that LHB were very impressed with LD vision and ideas so sold them on it.. these corner sites just might be filled in soon as well [emoji102]

The one between the FF and the east is huge and could bring in substantial income for the club.

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:50 AM
The one between the FF and the east is huge and could bring in substantial income for the club.

I think both corners at family 5 stand have been looked at. ..the East side might just be the new fans bars etc...I think I hear the west side might a new entrance to the new development.

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 08:55 AM

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk Nearly all but there was resistance from Capital Planning. In my opinion completing the corners will be a staged process.

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:59 AM

Macintosh is this what you have seen / heard ...
Can't let Hearts do all the building [emoji1]

Nearly all but there was resistance from Capital Planning. In my opinion completing the corners will be a staged process.
Really ?baffling why planning would be concerned about these areas one overlooks a industrial unit the other a graveyard who alive can complain [emoji1]

hibs0666
06-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Nearly all but there was resistance from Capital Planning. In my opinion completing the corners will be a staged process.

That's unfortunate seeing as those are the guys that oversee NHS business cases. Do you think that the business case has been signed off now?

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 09:52 AM
That's unfortunate seeing as those are the guys that oversee NHS business cases. Do you think that the business case has been signed off now? it has now. This project has the very, very highest level of political support. It seemed that their objections stemmed from the worst kind of parochial bureaucracy.

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 09:54 AM

Really ?baffling why planning would be concerned about these areas one overlooks a industrial unit the other a graveyard who alive can complain [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk yes. They are wedded to a delivery model which is stuck in the 1950s. Not geared for the kind of public social partnerships.

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 10:55 AM
it has now. This project has the very, very highest level of political support. It seemed that their objections stemmed from the worst kind of parochial bureaucracy.
Very very good news ...look forward to it all being officially announced.and plans revealed.
LD and her team really are motoring at all levels of the club.

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Very very good news ...look forward to it all being officially announced.and plans revealed.
LD and her team really are motoring at all levels of the club.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk LD and Linda Irvine are superb

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 11:43 AM

The FF / East corner probably isn't a problem, there isn't anything there that a building project would get in the way of ... I just hope that if Hibs do intend to put something there it flows with the rest of the ground and isn't just a big building plonked there without being connected to the other stands in some way.

As for the FF / West corner .... That's a whole different matter, there are houses on that corner and anything major that closes the gap between the stands would cause light issues for those buildings ... when the East was built the East / South corner was an issue because there was ( is? ) a bowling club near to it and loss of light was a concern. The housing for the undersoil heating machinery also appears to be in that corner, I doubt Hibs would be looking to move it unless we were thinking of a major overhaul of the stadium.

If Hibs are looking to turn the whole of the FF into facilities for NHS Lothian etc and are going to move the behind the goals bar to the East it would be some boozer ... there is obviously facility to build a floor above the current ground level, a bar running the length of the East would be something.

Craig_HFC
06-09-2016, 11:46 AM
The FF / East corner probably isn't a problem, there isn't anything there that a building project would get in the way of ... I just hope that if Hibs do intend to put something there it flows with the rest of the ground and isn't just a big building plonked there without being connected to the other stands in some way.

As for the FF / West corner .... That's a whole different matter, there are houses on that corner and anything major that closes the gap between the stands would cause light issues for those buildings ... when the East was built the East / South corner was an issue because there was ( is? ) a bowling club near to it and loss of light was a concern. The housing for the undersoil heating machinery also appears to be in that corner, I doubt Hibs would be looking to move it unless we were thinking of a major overhaul of the stadium.

The big boards they have up in the corners just now would be fine for the corner between the East & the south.

Although it'd be great if the board was the full height of each stand and it had a big mural commemorating the 21st May on it.

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 11:49 AM

I think from what I've seen / heard the intension is a new entrance at the FF west end ...if that is correct then it would not need to close the gap fully

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 11:58 AM
I think from what I've seen / heard the intension is a new entrance at the FF west end ...if that is correct then it would not need to close the gap fully

That seems reasonable ... I'm not that bothered what Hibs do with that corner, they were always going to be limited because of the road and dwelling houses across the road.

The FF / East is a whole different matter as I said, I would hate to see the ends of the FF and East left as they are and just a building shoved up that doesn't look like part of the stadium .... for me any ends of the building ( whatever its purpose ) should form the ends of both stands which would give a much better flow to the two stands, a bit like this.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M477a745f956fe6a058b9401386d76162o0&w=129&h=100&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+for+boavista+stadium&id=9B4FE13536B75D554C12C8CAEF939D9893AEBE7A&FORM=IQFRBA)

The Modfather
06-09-2016, 12:59 PM
So rather than buying Henderson Petrie has found a new project to feather the nest of his investment in filling in the corners? :devil: :greengrin

Ozyhibby
06-09-2016, 01:11 PM
That seems reasonable ... I'm not that bothered what Hibs do with that corner, they were always going to be limited because of the road and dwelling houses across the road.

The FF / East is a whole different matter as I said, I would hate to see the ends of the FF and East left as they are and just a building shoved up that doesn't look like part of the stadium .... for me any ends of the building ( whatever its purpose ) should form the ends of both stands which would give a much better flow to the two stands, a bit like this.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M477a745f956fe6a058b9401386d76162o0&w=129&h=100&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+for+boavista+stadium&id=9B4FE13536B75D554C12C8CAEF939D9893AEBE7A&FORM=IQFRBA)

Hope there is going to be a big giant H on that roof.

Mikey
06-09-2016, 01:31 PM
I suspect this isn't related but someone may know the answer anyway. When the ST renewal letters came out earlier in the year there was a wee bit at the bottom warning ST holders in the black seats in the FF that they may be moved from next season. Does anyone know what the club's plans are and whether this is looking likely?

JDHibs
06-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Cant believe things like this dont get front page news, but a wee bit of trouble and every paper is on it.

This is a FANTASTIC idea and should be applauded! Club is going from strength to strength!

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 05:31 PM
I suspect this isn't related but someone may know the answer anyway. When the ST renewal letters came out earlier in the year there was a wee bit at the bottom warning ST holders in the black seats in the FF that they may be moved from next season. Does anyone know what the club's plans are and whether this is looking likely?

Seems a bit of a strange one, those seats are only one section so I cant imagine why only that section would be involved in any changes and not the rest of the upper deck. Even if they were replacing them with ordinary green seats it surely wouldn't involve ST holders having to relocate.

Mikey
06-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Seems a bit of a strange one, those seats are only one section so I cant imagine why only that section would be involved in any changes and not the rest of the upper deck. Even if they were replacing them with ordinary green seats it surely wouldn't involve ST holders having to relocate.

Given how empty the black seats normally are in the west stand, I wonder if they're planning on shifting hospitality to the FF and putting green seats in the west upper.

I hope they're not planning on moving loyal paying customers and replacing them with folk who get freebies once a season!

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Cant believe things like this dont get front page news, but a wee bit of trouble and every paper is on it.

This is a FANTASTIC idea and should be applauded! Club is going from strength to strength! Jim it was my idea I developed it and took it to the club and we made something of it. It is the way ahead for Scottish football.

Mr White
06-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Jim it was my idea I developed it and took it to the club and we made something of it. It is the way ahead for Scottish football.

Good work :thumbsup:

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Jim it was my idea I developed it and took it to the club and we made something of it. It is the way ahead for Scottish football.
No it wasnae it was my idea [emoji102]

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Given how empty the black seats normally are in the west stand, I wonder if they're planning on shifting hospitality to the FF and putting green seats in the west upper.

I hope they're not planning on moving loyal paying customers and replacing them with folk who get freebies once a season!
I think you'll find the behind the goals bars will be moved along with any FF hospitality ( if there is any)

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 08:38 PM
No it wasnae it was my idea [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk lol well please send me your memorandum of understanding and we can compare them. ��

On on a serious note I hope any fine levied on us from the SFA for the final is invested into this initiative.

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:42 PM
lol well please send me your memorandum of understanding and we can compare them. 😀

Sounds really dodgy I don't share my memorandum with strangers..lol...
I just want to see he full plans tried the council planning sites but could see nothing ....

McIntosh
06-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Sounds really dodgy I don't share my memorandum with strangers..lol...
I just want to see he full plans tried the council planning sites but could see nothing ....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk do you want them sent to you privately?

Greenworld
06-09-2016, 08:49 PM
do you want them sent to you privately?
Love it yes

Ozyhibby
06-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Love it yes

And me. [emoji3]

GreenCastle
06-09-2016, 11:26 PM
A supporters bar in the East where fans can go before the game would be a dream..booths..plenty of seats - TV and reasonably priced drink for season ticket holders.

Behind the goals would become At the Side Bar.

Great to see Hibs continuing to develop the stadium.

ruthven_raiders
07-09-2016, 05:18 PM
A supporters bar in the East where fans can go before the game would be a dream..booths..plenty of seats - TV and reasonably priced drink for season ticket holders.

Behind the goals would become At the Side Bar.

Great to see Hibs continuing to develop the stadium.

What happens to the executive boxes that look onto the pitch, is the hospitality is moving or just concentrating on thr West stand hospitality?

hibs0666
07-09-2016, 05:23 PM
do you want them sent to you privately?

Are you really sure that you should be doing that mate?

scoopyboy
07-09-2016, 05:48 PM

If Hibs are looking to turn the whole of the FF into facilities for NHS Lothian etc and are going to move the behind the goals bar to the East it would be some boozer ... there is obviously facility to build a floor above the current ground level, a bar running the length of the East would be something.

It was St.Andrews Steelworks Bowling club but I'm sure it was away before the East was redeveloped. I'm sure the housing was on it before the East was revamped.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2016, 06:20 PM
What happens to the executive boxes that look onto the pitch, is the hospitality is moving or just concentrating on thr West stand hospitality?

This is all getting a bit confusing and it would be handy if Hibs would give some sort of idea as to what their plans are for different parts of the stadium on the back of the partnership with NHS Lothian etc.

I might be lagging behind here and perhaps others have more information, but from what I can work out it appears the FF is going to be turned into some sort of health centre, which may or may not mean the end of the 'behind the goals' bar. If the bar is to go then what are Hibs proposals to replace it? Are there plans to develop the East stand to give it another floor which will include a ( hopefully bigger ) version of behind the goals, is there a plan to develop the FF / East corner and if there is what will go there and will we be consulted as we were with the East stand development?

When the East was on the drawing board I think many of us who were at the consultation meetings were so caught up in the type of stand I.E. one or two decks, that we missed the fact that with the pitch being widened and the run off area increased the stand would end up sitting quit a bit further back from the pitch than many of us would have wanted. This resulted in both end stands falling quite a few yards short of the end of the East, leaving a big gap in both corners .... if Hibs are going to build in that corner I for one would be really annoyed if what they build doesn't fully fill the corner in and form the end walls of both the FF and East stands.

If the corporate viewing areas in the FF are to go does that open the way to having a standing area in the FF lower? the biggest argument apart from cost was that standing fans in that area would obstruct the view from the corporate areas, not an issue if there is to be no corporate boxes in the FF.

It would be nice if Hibs were to give us a much clearer picture of what is going on. I am all for the initiative Hibs are proposing, but at the end of the day Easter Road is a football stadium and as a fan I want Hibs to ensure that any proposed changes to it or new bits they intend to add compliment the ground and do nothing to dilute its atmosphere, in fact adding to the enclosed nature of the stadium should be foremost in their minds when it comes to any building plans.

stantonhibby
07-09-2016, 06:26 PM

Are the FF boxes still used for hospitality, thought that was all in West Stand now. Having said that have been in BTG before midweek games and seen them being used by folk but just to watch the game?

hibs0666
07-09-2016, 06:31 PM
This is all getting a bit confusing and it would be handy if Hibs would give some sort of idea as to what their plans are for different parts of the stadium on the back of the partnership with NHS Lothian etc.

I might be lagging behind here and perhaps others have more information, but from what I can work out it appears the FF is going to be turned into some sort of health centre, which may or may not mean the end of the 'behind the goals' bar. If the bar is to go then what are Hibs proposals to replace it? Are there plans to develop the East stand to give it another floor which will include a ( hopefully bigger ) version of behind the goals, is there a plan to develop the FF / East corner and if there is what will go there and will we be consulted as we were with the East stand development?

When the East was on the drawing board I think many of us who were at the consultation meetings were so caught up in the type of stand I.E. one or two decks, that we missed the fact that with the pitch being widened and the run off area increased the stand would end up sitting quit a bit further back from the pitch than many of us would have wanted. This resulted in both end stands falling quite a few yards short of the end of the East, leaving a big gap in both corners .... if Hibs are going to build in that corner I for one would be really annoyed if what they build doesn't fully fill the corner in and form the end walls of both the FF and East stands.

If the corporate viewing areas in the FF are to go does that open the way to having a standing area in the FF lower? the biggest argument apart from cost was that standing fans in that area would obstruct the view from the corporate areas, not an issue if there is to be no corporate boxes in the FF.

It would be nice if Hibs were to give us a much clearer picture of what is going on. I am all for the initiative Hibs are proposing, but at the end of the day Easter Road is a football stadium and as a fan I want Hibs to ensure that any proposed changes to it or new bits they intend to add compliment the ground and do nothing to dilute its atmosphere, in fact adding to the enclosed nature of the stadium should be foremost in their minds when it comes to any building plans.

Its not in the public domain yet so you're getting a bit ahead.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2016, 10:35 PM

I await 'it' with bated breath :greengrin

Greenworld
08-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Bits are in the public domain about what LHB and others are proposing to be at easter road and what will be based at the training ground as that is involved as well..
When the East was built you might recall there was plans for a hotel also but was dropped because of planning this might be back on board.
The scale of the LHB plans for the FF would make you think that the bars will have to be relocated ...