PDA

View Full Version : Gary MacKay - interesting article

JimBHibees
03-09-2016, 08:50 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/interview-gary-mackay-on-why-football-isn-t-the-be-all-and-end-all-1-4220104

Quite interesting stories didn't realise his dad was a hibby.

Smartie
03-09-2016, 09:04 AM
I really didn't like Gary MacKay as a player and had convinced myself that he was an idiot.

But I have to say that I really enjoyed that article. He comes across well, particularly the bit where he talks about his work with the disadvantaged kids.

matty_f
03-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Does the story mention how many medals he won?

Septimus
03-09-2016, 09:16 AM
My recollection of the domination of Hearts was that there was a great deal of luck involved. As for the "famous" maroon jersey.......Really?

Zazu62
03-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Ah Gary Mackay .. Is that the same boy that pretended to be a monkey and racially abused Kevin Harper?

hibs0666
03-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Has he ever apologised to Kevin Harper for being a racist welt?

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Hert7 ****!

Greenworld
03-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Prick of a man

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
03-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Dickhead.

G B Young
03-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Still comes across as a bit of an erse but he's doing some very worthwhile work these days with those kids.

What's striking about his record against Hibs is not so much the number of games Hearts won but the number which finished in draws. There were many of those games we really should have won which would have put a very different slant on things. My abiding memory of the derbies back then was that by and large they were awful games of football.

DarrenSQH
03-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Racist

Big_Franck
03-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Pr1ck. Lewis Stevenson has won more with Hibs than Gary Mackay, Craig Levein and John Robertson put together did with Hearts. Love that stat.

O'Rourke3
03-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Fair play on the current work. His open honesty might have gone as far as admitting the abuse on KH but hey ho.

Hope the Organisers have video for the dinner this evening. Putting goals 6 & 7 on endless loop as the young Medals missed them only seems fair!

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Is anyone thinking about those poor kids?

Arse of a man.

Nae class nae quality and nae medals.

CockneyRebel
03-09-2016, 10:43 AM
I really didn't like Gary MacKay as a player and had convinced myself that he was an idiot.

But I have to say that I really enjoyed that article. He comes across well, particularly the bit where he talks about his work with the disadvantaged kids.

Appreciate what he's doing now but there's an eternity of penance for him to do to address all of the dreadful things he said and did during his footballing (sic) days. Very selective memory.
(

Tom Hart RIP
03-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Met him plenty times and he is probably the most helpful ex player of any team Ive met when it comes to arranging stuff for charity. The times I have had dealings with him he goes above and beyond for good causes.

KeithTheHibby
03-09-2016, 11:59 AM
I really disliked the guy when I was growing up perhaps because he was a mainstay during the 17 and 21 in a row games.
And because he was a massive jambo however for every Gary Mackay you have a Paul Kane; a guy who played for the team he supported.

Age has probably mellowed me a bit and I don't have anything against the guy. Fair play to him attending the testimonial dinner this evening too.

jacomo
03-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Does the story mention how many medals he won?

He's a proud one club man. Like Lewis, but without the medals obviously.

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 12:19 PM

:yamlaugh:

Nae medals Mackay.

Mon the Cabbage

overdrive
03-09-2016, 12:24 PM
He really doesn't like Potter does he.

Ultrabee1-0
03-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Gary mckay was my coach as tynecastle, absolute idiot, I mean this one 100% he actually shouted at me for passing with my right foot when he said pass with your right, he got his right and left confused the hearts pillock! Piss off mckay you arse

lord bunberry
03-09-2016, 03:08 PM
:faf::faf::faf: Sums up medals in one perfectly executed sentence. Nothing needs to be added.

Brooster
03-09-2016, 03:43 PM
What is there to like about Gary Mackay?

Spike Mandela
03-09-2016, 03:56 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/interview-gary-mackay-on-why-football-isn-t-the-be-all-and-end-all-1-4220104

Quite interesting stories didn't realise his dad was a hibby.

Peter, his dad, ran the Salvesen team I was in. Good Hibby and like an old school manager, he always seemed to be smoking a big cigar lol

Gary was in the year above our team and he came to support and help us a few times. Met him a couple of times over the years and he was always a polite and friendly guy which I can't relate to some of the descriptions on here.

Despite what many on here think he did have a no bad career for an ordinary guy from Balgreen. In my mind the only time he has let himself down was the Kevin Harper affair which he would probably admit now himself.

hibsbollah
03-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Was caught clearly on TV making monkey noises in Harpers face. Then denied it. Then managed to get a job as a Show Racism the Red Card rep in Scotland. Whoever was responsible for that piece of recruitment deserves a medal. Ironically :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Peter, his dad, ran the Salvesen team I was in. Good Hibby and like an old school manager, he always seemed to be smoking a big cigar lol

Gary was in the year above our team and he came to support and help us a few times. Met him a couple of times over the years and he was always a polite and friendly guy which I can't relate to some of the descriptions on here.

Despite what many on here think he did have a no bad career for an ordinary guy from Balgreen. In my mind the only time he has let himself down was the Kevin Harper affair which he would probably admit now himself.

Would tend to agree with that. No doubt he let himself down badly with Harper and should have been punished however not sure that everyone could claim not to have let themselves down during a derby over the years.

Finn2015
03-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Pr1ck. Lewis Stevenson has won more with Hibs than Gary Mackay, Craig Levein and John Robertson put together did with Hearts. Love that stat.

Just quoting this just because I can and love it 😂

hibstag
03-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Was caught clearly on TV making monkey noises in Harpers face. Then denied it. Then managed to get a job as a Show Racism the Red Card rep in Scotland. Whoever was responsible for that piece of recruitment deserves a medal. Ironically :greengrin
when he spoke to a group I ran for show racism the red card this incident was the main part of his input
o

heidtheba
03-09-2016, 05:31 PM
when he spoke to a group I ran for show racism the red card this incident was the main part of his input
o
W

What did he say about it?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2016, 07:25 PM
His wee brother was a billy big baws twat, nae idea what he is like now as its about 30 years since I last met him! :-)

hibsbollah
03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
o

That's surprising because he was denying it ever happened during the period when he worked for them. What did he say?

gogsy23
03-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Had dealings with him at both tynie and calder boys club and never came over well anytime i met him. Very obnoxious person who always seemed to look down on many around him

poolman
03-09-2016, 07:46 PM
He's an obnoxious prick and not a nice person

Believe me

HibbyAndy
03-09-2016, 07:47 PM

Love it !:top marks

Mackay is a racist Hearts ****!!

hibstag
03-09-2016, 08:40 PM
That's surprising because he was denying it ever happened during the period when he worked for them. What did he say?

he talked about reflecting on his own behaviour and how embarrassed he was by this. it was about 7 years ago possibly around the time going by the article he started to re-evaluate his life. I was involved with a literacy class at the time as well and heard him speak a few times about his football experiences found him then quite a sad figure who had been at the top but was struggling without the football career to sustain him clearly now he has a new positive focus

Iggy Pope
03-09-2016, 09:04 PM
We have a thread on here about a Hearts **** that hated us, but more than that one that turned everything that he touched in life to absolute ****? Don't care if he coached you when you were six. Prick of a man. Small ugly one too.

CyberSauzee
03-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Has he ever apologised to Kevin Harper for being a racist welt?

That's the first thing I think of when I see his name mentioned anywhere. One thing being wrong and found out about it, another thing being a coward to never address his low self-esteem.

Iggy Pope
03-09-2016, 09:05 PM
he talked about reflecting on his own behaviour and how embarrassed he was by this. it was about 7 years ago possibly around the time going by the article he started to re-evaluate his life. I was involved with a literacy class at the time as well and heard him speak a few times about his football experiences found him then quite a sad figure who had been at the top but was struggling without the football career to sustain him clearly now he has a new positive focus

He is a freeloader. End of.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-09-2016, 09:38 PM
What is there to like about Gary Mackay?

He looks like the Scottish Cup which, sadly, he never won.

Rougier45
03-09-2016, 09:47 PM
He looks like the Scottish Cup which, sadly, he never won.

He is very pink - he is also a big Jambo B but no one deserves personal abuse that he gets .

His old man Peter was/ is sound as a pound

Rougier45
03-09-2016, 09:48 PM
He's an obnoxious prick and not a nice person

Believe me

Pool man I sent you a private message

hibbydog
04-09-2016, 07:21 AM
He is very pink - he is also a big Jambo B but no one deserves personal abuse that he gets .

His old man Peter was/ is sound as a pound

Perhaps true.

But he's never going to get any kind of decent comment on here after the Kevin Harper incident. anyone with two brain cells to rub together should surely have the sense to admit when they were out of order. Especially when the TV evidence was 100% damning.

But he didn't for whatever reason. The rest is history.

So, based on that.... The mans an utter ****ing dickhead

CraigHibee
04-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Racism in any form is completely unacceptable, I Googled the particular incident and came across a thread on sickback, they all agree that he was a complete helmet for doing it and that it was completely inexcusable

allezsauzee
04-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Well done Geebsie :not worth

Dashing Bob S
04-09-2016, 08:17 AM
A man gamely battling his personal demons.

it's a pity they are *****ing all over him.

Craig_HFC
04-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Hertz ****.

CapitalGreen
04-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Is his son still in the jail for attacking and robbing a 72 year old pensioner?

Fuzzywuzzy
04-09-2016, 02:01 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/celticservant/status/545500658389229568

Link to the higlights

mca
04-09-2016, 07:21 PM

Another one.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

hibsbollah
05-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Racism in any form is completely unacceptable, I Googled the particular incident and came across a thread on sickback, they all agree that he was a complete helmet for doing it and that it was completely inexcusable

It's worth remembering of course that a large number of the hertz support were making monkey noises (audible loudly on the TV) at Harper when he ran past Medals and that's why Medals 'joined in'.

Medals is just symptomatic of Hearts as a club.