PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

PatHead
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM
I didn't manage to get a ticket for the celebration tomorrow.

I just want to wish Lewis thanks for being a great servant to the club and living the dream for us all.

Have a great night.

GGTTH

gogsy23
02-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Agree. Two time cup winner.

The Captain....
02-09-2016, 07:51 PM

I just want to wish Lewis thanks for being a great servant to the club and living the dream for us all.

Have a great night.

GGTTH

Well said...I wasn't lucky enough to get a ticket either but hope all that are going along have a cracking night. Very well deserved recognition for Lewis, fantastic ambassador for the club over the years.

I'll just sit at home and watch Lewis's volley from Ibrox on repeat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
02-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Enjoy your night Lewis. Nobody deserves this more than you. A proper Hibernian legend.

pacoluna
02-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Why was his testimonial arranged for this date? Did he not have aspirations to be on Scotland squad?

pacoluna
02-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Why was his testimonial dinner arranged for this date? Did he not have aspirations to be in Scotland squad?

GreenT
02-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Don't usually read anything in the Sun but this was in a Twitter feed and is a very good read;

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7231643/Heres-to-you-Lewis-Stevenson-after-10-years-at-Hibs.html

PatHead
02-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Sorry didn't see the other thread. Admins feel free to amalgamate though he deserves more the one thread. Once again thanks Lewis.

Carry on living the dream.

Wish I was going.

Northernhibee
02-09-2016, 08:05 PM
His humility is such a likeable quality but I hope for one night he puts the "there have been players better than me" dialogue to one side.

Nobody in the clubs history has won both cups in the green and white Lewis - you're in a class of your own. Enjoy the evening and for once let it go to your head a little.

Swedish hibee
02-09-2016, 08:33 PM
I so wish I was going. Lewis= legend.
Have a great night everyone.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2016, 08:36 PM

Have a great night.

GGTTH
Hear hear, living the dream is the perfect way to put it.

Modern day Mr Hibs, enjoy the time Lewis.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
02-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Don't usually read anything in the Sun but this was in a Twitter feed and is a very good read;

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7231643/Heres-to-you-Lewis-Stevenson-after-10-years-at-Hibs.html

The main part of that I agree with is that I hope for once he allows himself the credit he deserves. I rate him as a footballer, but more than anything his attitude towards the game, the club and the fans is exemplar. Not only been a good player for Hibs but would run through brick walls for this club and has never once that I've seen just went through the motions in a game. Everything a young footballer should aspire to attitude wise as a player and as a man off it.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2016, 08:46 PM
The main part of that I agree with is that I hope for once he allows himself the credit he deserves. I rate him as a footballer, but more than anything his attitude towards the game, the club and the fans is exemplar. Not only been a good player for Hibs but would run through brick walls for this club and has never once that I've seen just went through the motions in a game. Everything a young footballer should aspire to attitude wise as a player and as a man off it.
[emoji106] Exactly right.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

northstandhibby
02-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Enjoy your night Lewis. Nobody deserves this more than you. A proper Hibernian legend.

:top marks

Well done Lewis for everything you've achieved - a double cup winning legend with hopefully a championship winners 2016-17 medal to come.

GGTTH

Steviep73
03-09-2016, 01:21 AM
Seen hibs players give 100% over the years only ever seen 1 give 110% enjoy your night lewis well deserved

macca70
03-09-2016, 04:50 AM
Really looking forward to this tonight, he so deserves all the praise and credit he is going to get for the service he has given our club.

He's been a solid 1st team player through 10 years of highs and lows whilst always maintaining total commitment and professionalism.

When you look at some of the names that have played for the club, for Lewis to be the only player to win both Cups, he should be very proud.

fat freddy
03-09-2016, 07:35 AM
Hopefully one day, when his career is over, Lewis will sit down and record his memoirs. Of all the players to play for the club few could have lived through such a roller coaster period and survived so many managerial changes whilst retaining their place in the team. Lewis will have an insight into many untold stories from within the club which would no doubt inform the reader but I have my doubts that he would spill the beans about the various ructions he has witnessed due to his love of the club and his non confrontational disposition. Making his debut in 2005 under Mowbray he has subsequently served under Collins, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, Stubbs and now Lennon. In addition he has served under caretaker managers, Mark Venus, Mark Proctor, Tommy Craig, Alistair Stevenson, Billy Brown and Jimmy Nichol. I'd pay money just to read the Billy Brown chapter, throw in the John Collins rebellion, The Butcher meltdown, The Calderwood farce, two cup wins and a relegation and you have the makings a classic footballers autobiography.

PatHead
03-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Hopefully one day, when his career is over, Lewis will sit down and record his memoirs. Of all the players to play for the club few could have lived through such a roller coaster period and survived so many managerial changes whilst retaining their place in the team. Lewis will have an insight into many untold stories from within the club which would no doubt inform the reader but I have my doubts that he would spill the beans about the various ructions he has witnessed due to his love of the club and his non confrontational disposition. Making his debut in 2005 under Mowbray he has subsequently served under Collins, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, Stubbs and now Lennon. In addition he has served under caretaker managers, Mark Venus, Mark Proctor, Tommy Craig, Alistair Stevenson, Billy Brown and Jimmy Nichol. I'd pay money just to read the Billy Brown chapter, throw in the John Collins rebellion, The Butcher meltdown, The Calderwood farce, two cup wins and a relegation and you have the makings a classic footballers autobiography.

Amazing when you think what he has been through. Sure I heard he had offers elsewhere as well.

Remember the roof just about coming off when he scored a late goal against Kilmarnock. Showed how highly he is thought of by the fans.

Seveno
03-09-2016, 12:19 PM

It sums up Lewis pretty well. I wish I was going to the Dinner tonight.

Have a great night, Lewis, and I hope you understand the respect and affection felt for you by the vast majority of Hibs fans.

jacomo
03-09-2016, 12:41 PM

Great read.

950 guests for dinner shows the esteem in which he is held.

Hope the auction raises a lot of money.

GlasgowHibee
03-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Some questioned ability, nobody questioned character.

He's Hibs through and through, a true legend.