PDA

View Full Version : Scotland U21 - Live tonight

IrnBru22
02-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Scotland u21's game versus Macedonia is live on BBC Alba tonight at 7.20pm (ko 7.30). Cummings & Henderson are in the sqaud.

oconnors_strip
02-09-2016, 04:00 PM
I'm heading along to this, £5 to get in and hopefully see Cummings score a few goals

IrnBru22
02-09-2016, 04:03 PM
The game is at Tincastle for people that didnt know and want to head along

Mikey
02-09-2016, 04:21 PM
The game is at Tincastle for people that didnt know and want to head along

Why on earth are they holding it there? There are plenty of other grounds in Scotland that are of a much better standard than that place.

High-On-Hibs
02-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Why on earth are they holding it there? There are plenty of other grounds in Scotland that are of a much better standard than that place.

Better there than ER I think. Keep our own pitch good for the games that matter. :aok:

SteveHFC
02-09-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm heading along to this, £5 to get in and hopefully see Cummings score a few goals

Heading along too.

Looking at the seats available on the hearts ticketing website. Most of the wheatfield stand is sold out.

oconnors_strip
02-09-2016, 04:42 PM

They play most of their home games at Paisley so good to see a home game local even if it is there.

3pm
02-09-2016, 06:37 PM
The PBS. A dump.

lord bunberry
02-09-2016, 06:45 PM
The PBS. A dump.
It is, but it's consistently rewarded with big games. It sends out all the wrong messages imo.

3pm
02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
1-0 Macedonia.

Ardenttwo
02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
1-0 Macedonia.

Scotland very poor so far

northstandhibby
02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
The PBS. A dump.

The main stand's a death trap. I was in there for the Semi Final v Stjohnstone last season. Just a shocking cheap dilapidated stadium.

GGTTH

3pm
02-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Scotland very poor so far

Look abysmal at the back. The goal was terrible.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Again we see players that are coached to be scared of the ball.... we honestly have no chance under the current coaching style/leadership. Henderson ends up playing as a holding mid and cummings as loan striker. I'd sack every single coach involved in the SFA and all the blazers

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Again we see players that are coached to be scared of the ball.... we honestly have no chance under the current coaching style/leadership. Henderson ends up playing as a holding mid and cummings as loan striker. I'd sack every single coach involved in the SFA and all the blazers

Aye because that's exactly what the coaches do. :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
02-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Central defenders are woeful. The Macedonians look so much more comfortable on the ball. Their population is less than half of ours yet they seem able to produce better players.

3pm
02-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Central defenders are woeful. The Macedonians look so much more comfortable on the ball. Their population is less than half of ours yet they seem able to produce better players.

Thought they started well but just ran out of ideas. Totally agree about the centre halfs.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Aye because that's exactly what the coaches do. :rolleyes:

They do at this level. All scared of losing an U21 game...and that is driven in to the players. These games do not matter. All about development. Develop them as skilful players on the ball not afraid to make mistakes then we end up with a decent top team.

Do yourself a favour BH go and watch scottish coaches at u15 and u17 level...bar a few it is horrible to watch.

johncrobertson@
02-09-2016, 07:12 PM
If Jordan McGhee is our best young centre back, you have to worry about the future. Liam working hard, and Jason working on scraps just had a superb effort brilliantly saved!

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2016, 07:13 PM
They do at this level. All scared of losing an U21 game...and that is driven in to the players. These games do not matter. All about development. Develop them as skilful players on the ball not afraid to make mistakes then we end up with a decent top team.

Do yourself a favour BH go and watch scottish coaches at u15 and u17 level...bar a few it is horrible to watch.

No teams are ever coached to be scared of the ball. Unless its the women's goalkeepers.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 07:17 PM
No teams are ever coached to be scared of the ball. Unless its the women's goalkeepers.

Now you are just being a dick for the sake of it.... I've watched an u10 Tynie coach telling a kid not to pass to a centre mid as his job is just to "hit it down the line". They are stopped in their development by coaches that have no idea of the end game. That is a scottish problem. We have the same issue at Hibs...everything is horrible at youth and development. Hence why out only good players have been down south since 14!

3pm

Plenty of them want the ball.

Brightside
Plenty of them want the ball.

But look scared when they have it.

Smartie
02-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Scotland have a few cracking players, some playing really well.

The shortage of decent centre-halves is frightening though.

I don't think Cummings is playing well. Final ball is often poor but we've not really threatened.

oconnors_strip
02-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Ricky Sbragia's coaching and style of football has to be questioned! So slow at times, ball is touchy taps at the back. As for Jordan McGhee...... Can't even pass water!!!! If he is what we are producing and playing at this level for the national team then God help us.

Henderson is always screaming for the ball and wanting his team mates to increase the pace. He can't do much when his team mates won't pass a simple pass to him

3pm
02-09-2016, 07:22 PM
But look scared when they have it.

I don't do any coaching so you'll know better than me.

To me though, it doesn't look like they are scared, it looks like we're extremely naive. Poor decision making, not overly quick in what we do.

Ardenttwo
02-09-2016, 07:26 PM
I don't do any coaching so you'll know better than me.

To me though, it doesn't look like they are scared, it looks like we're extremely naive. Poor decision making, not overly quick in what we do.

Even Henderson is very poor So many passes going astray. If Soutar is our future CH God help us

Nakedmanoncrack
02-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Everyone shoehorned into one stand, big queues & loads of folk missing first 10 mins apparently.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Now you are just being a dick for the sake of it.... I've watched an u10 Tynie coach telling a kid not to pass to a centre mid as his job is just to "hit it down the line". They are stopped in their development by coaches that have no idea of the end game. That is a scottish problem. We have the same issue at Hibs...everything is horrible at youth and development. Hence why out only good players have been down south since 14!

What makes you the expert?

The Captain....
02-09-2016, 07:43 PM

I honestly don't get what the pundits are seeing in Souttar..he looks terrible to me, ropey in possession, caught out of position too often and generally wanders about like he's in a daze.

It's not just cos he plays for Hearts, I thought the same whenever he played for Dundee Utd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twiglet
02-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Ricky Sbragia's coaching and style of football has to be questioned! So slow at times, ball is touchy taps at the back. As for Jordan McGhee...... Can't even pass water!!!! If he is what we are producing and playing at this level for the national team then God help us.

Henderson is always screaming for the ball and wanting his team mates to increase the pace. He can't do much when his team mates won't pass a simple pass to him

It's painfully slow. Macedonia keep putting every man behind the ball that we can't get in on goal. We should be trying to prise them open, but they just pass across a few times then back.
Surely there's got to be other players who can be given a chance out there. You watch a lot more of the youth matches than me, is there anyone in any of the U20 teams that could do a job?

lord bunberry
02-09-2016, 07:48 PM
I can't believe Cummings had the ball in the box there and tried to pass! Revert to type wee man.

BoltonHibee
02-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Who pumped up Hartley?

Brightside
02-09-2016, 07:52 PM

I know you watch loads of development games. Its hard to watch. I see great young payers at 9/10/11...and they simply stop developing.

BoltonHibee
02-09-2016, 07:54 PM
That no.9 that came on for Scotland looks like he'd be the last pick in the playground

JAY-ESS GREEN
02-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Everyone shoehorned into one stand, big queues & loads of folk missing first 10 mins apparently.

Sell out according to hearts

The Captain....
02-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Diagonal hoofs to Ryan Fraser, deary me, this is woeful.

mjhibby
02-09-2016, 07:56 PM

I'm afraid to say you are entirely correct. So many coaches who can't develop kids so when they get to signing for clubs it's all about strength and stamina and when they come up against skilled teams they are lost. A mirror image of the scotland team. It will take years to change. Of the current Scottish youngsters only a couple maybe mcginn and Burke look like they will be top players. Doesn't help when the Scottish manager picks 35 year olds and Tony bleeding watt. Could be another generation till we have a decent team. So annoying when we see what n Ireland and iceland have done.

Andy74
02-09-2016, 07:59 PM

I'd prefer Cummings wasn't loaned anywhere.

Brightside

An ability to watch, listen and learn. Something that is sadly lacking in the old school scotland game.

hibbymark
Scott Wilson just announced its another Tynecastle sell out :na na:

mjhibby
02-09-2016, 08:03 PM

I'm afraid to say you are entirely correct. So many coaches who can't develop kids so when they get to signing for clubs it's all about strength and stamina and when they come up against skilled teams they are lost. A mirror image of the scotland team. It will take years to change. Of the current Scottish youngsters only a couple maybe mcginn and Burke look like they will be top players. Doesn't help when the Scottish manager picks 35 year olds and Tony bleeding watt. Could be another generation till we have a decent team. So annoying when we see what n Ireland and iceland have done.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:05 PM

Eyes and ears. An open mind. The game is bust in scotland and noone wants to fix it.

JAY-ESS GREEN
02-09-2016, 08:06 PM

Sell out according to hearts

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:07 PM

A pair of eyes.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:14 PM

Knowledge.

H18 SFR
02-09-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm really taken aback by how bad we are.

Skol
02-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Scott Wilson just announced its another Tynecastle sell out :na na:
i.e. they sold every seat thats occupied

carnoustiehibee
02-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Knowledge.

Who is it you coach underscore?

Skol
02-09-2016, 08:20 PM
macedonians going down at the slightest puff of wind - its like theyve been to tynie before

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Who is it you coach underscore?

Scotland u21s! :thumbsup:

Skol
nowt wrong wi that goal BTW

bigwheel
I'm really taken aback by how bad we are.

think that's a bit unfair...poor in the final third...but had plenty of possession and been unlucky a few times....

500miles
This ref is on the take. Madness.

PatHead
Can't believe

1. They played that at Tincastle. The stadium and pitch are not up to it.
2. They did not flood schools in Edinburgh and Lothians with tickets to fill the stadium
3. The let that prick anywhere near coaching U21s after saying players are too skillful to play instead of developing them.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2016, 08:23 PM
did i miss something there, wtf was wrong with hendersons goal :confused:

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:23 PM
nowt wrong wi that goal BTW

kicked it out his hands.

Skol
02-09-2016, 08:24 PM
kicked it out his hands.
it was never in his hands

soft pen now

Twiglet
02-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Ref is dodgy as...though he's just given a penalty, shocked by that decision. Looking at the replay it's soft and I would be raging if it was given against us.

Decision reversed. not surprised. Goes up there with the guy from the Brondby match.

Scotland didn't really do much until the last 10 minutes though

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:25 PM
ref gives a soft pen to make up

Skol
02-09-2016, 08:25 PM
it was never in his hands

soft pen now

oops,it wasnt a pen....bizarre

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:26 PM
he gave a pen!!!

3pm
Scottish fitba is in good shape! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
ball came off the scottish guys hand, never a pen

carnoustiehibee
Scotland u21s! :thumbsup:

Do you do any coaching or not ?

500miles
02-09-2016, 08:27 PM

After a bit of WWE. Penalty all day long.

Skol

Agree it wasnt a pen, but he defo awarded it and seemed to change his mind

Its like the refs in edinburgh amateurs

lord bunberry
That's one of the best combovers I've seen in many a year from the Macedonian gaffer. Well worth watching the whole game just to see.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Do you do any coaching or not ?

yes. youth football.. just lost an unbeaten u11 team to Hibs. 6 players signed "pro youth" All of whom will be ruined!

Brightside
02-09-2016, 08:29 PM
look at Iceland again....

The Captain....
02-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Not impressed by that performance..the midfield was so pedestrian, there was very little pace in anything they did and it looked like we were playing two holding midfielders (at least).

I thought we'd be a bright and entertaining passing side but we were far from it. Few players with burgeoning reputations didn't do themselves any favours...was very flat.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2016, 08:31 PM
After a bit of WWE. Penalty all day long.

never a pen

Agree it wasnt a pen, but he defo awarded it and seemed to change his mind

Its like the refs in edinburgh amateurs

if that was down the other end we would have been praising the linesman :agree:

GreenCastle
02-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Wow - is that the future ?

Worrying times. I agree with others some of the coaching at youth level is still horrendous. These performance schools aren't going to produce the players we hope either.

We may keep getting English academy produced players with random Scottish grandparents but that still won't get us near a leek for qualifying for a major tournament any time soon.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2016, 08:33 PM
oh aye and souter couldn't pass water never mind a football

Not In The Know
02-09-2016, 08:35 PM
That was depressing.

Green tinted specs aside. Awarding that poop hole of a stadium international fixture is a disgrace.

dmc1875
02-09-2016, 08:41 PM
I thought Scotland were woeful. Henderson did ok but apart from that eye bleeding stuff

Scorrie
02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
look at Iceland again....

Spot on. Decent coaching and facilities at all levels, then we have a chance. But under the current bizarre structure - no chance

3pm
02-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Can't help playing at Tynecastle.

Dump.

BT58
02-09-2016, 08:57 PM
When you say it was never a penalty when the ref said it was can you tell us the outcome. Did we miss. Did we hit the post. Jeezo....Did we score....

GreenCastle
02-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Spot on. Decent coaching and facilities at all levels, then we have a chance. But under the current bizarre structure - no chance

It's not all about facilities !! Don't believe the myth !!

Coaches ( not jobs for the ex pro's / boys / Scottish culture and intelligence of players is the key)

33 million for Oriam is a massive waste of money on a facility with only 400 capacity and a small gym..plus a roof that supposedly isn't FIFA requirements to host indoor football.

Hibs90
02-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Scotland were awful. Only player that stood out for me was Christie who was involved. Cummings was poor as was Hendo. Currently sitting in a yam pub with two Dundee Utd fans and two yams. The delusion from the four of them is staggering.

brog
02-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Disgraceful that Yams are rewarded with international fixtures to be held in a ground that is a death trap & a run down slum. Also disgraceful that failures like Ricky S are put in charge of our under age teams. I only saw last 25 mins but all we did was punt the ball into the box hoping for a lucky break. Standard tactics for the PBS!

northstandhibby
02-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Disgraceful that Yams are rewarded with international fixtures to be held in a ground that is a death trap & a run down slum. Also disgraceful that failures like Ricky S are put in charge of our under age teams. I only saw last 25 mins but all we did was punt the ball into the box hoping for a lucky break. Standard tactics for the PBS!

:top marks

GGTTH

GreenCastle
02-09-2016, 09:08 PM

It's odd they are hosting it at a stadium which is smallest top pitch in Scottish leagues..

Is a dump..plus the main stand is in the process of trying to be replaced yet they think it's adequate to host a game and put suits in that main stand and rest in wheatfield.

Reason being it's probably the cheap option for the SFA.

Dr What If?
02-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Anyone else surprised at how ineffective Ryan Gauld was? He has Portuguese coaches!

Cool_Hand_Luke
02-09-2016, 09:50 PM

:agree:
This article tells you all you need to know about him

Luxury Player/ (http://stv.tv/sport/football/international/314939-real-madrids-jack-harper-is-a-luxury-player-says-scotland-u19-coach/)

Franck Le God
02-09-2016, 09:55 PM
:agree:
This article tells you all you need to know about him

Luxury Player/ (http://stv.tv/sport/football/international/314939-real-madrids-jack-harper-is-a-luxury-player-says-scotland-u19-coach/)

I actually got angry reading that article. If thats the attitude of those I'm charge of nurturing and progressing our national team I truly despair.

California-Hibs
02-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Hendersons goal should of stood and the ref awarded the penalty then changed his mind, how often do you see that?!

folk loving to put the boot straight into Scotland, yet when the big one rolls around on Sunday and we take the 3 points folk will either..,

A. Not post at all.

B. Still claw and scratch for any negatives they can find.

Brightside
02-09-2016, 11:27 PM
It's not all about facilities !! Don't believe the myth !!

Coaches ( not jobs for the ex pro's / boys / Scottish culture and intelligence of players is the key)

33 million for Oriam is a massive waste of money on a facility with only 400 capacity and a small gym..plus a roof that supposedly isn't FIFA requirements to host indoor football.

Scotland does not lack in facilities. New thinking. Intelligent coaching and doing it from ground up. MOST ex players are rubbish coaches

Brightside
02-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Hendersons goal should of stood and the ref awarded the penalty then changed his mind, how often do you see that?!

folk loving to put the boot straight into Scotland, yet when the big one rolls around on Sunday and we take the 3 points folk will either..,

A. Not post at all.

B. Still claw and scratch for any negatives they can find.

When we take 3 points from MALTA? Aye ok its all great. Ignore the tribalism and watch the football.

Jones28
02-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Scotland does not lack in facilities. New thinking. Intelligent coaching and doing it from ground up. MOST ex players are rubbish coaches

Scotland is hugely lacking facilities compared to the likes of Iceland

hibsboy90
02-09-2016, 11:44 PM
This thread about tonight's game lets me know
Henderson was Poor
Souter was poor
Ref was poor
Stadium is poor

.... What was the score?

Green-Hibee-7
02-09-2016, 11:52 PM
That was awful.

Goalkeeper never really had anything to do although I thought at the time he could have done better with the goal. The two central defenders were all over the place at times. Soutar 100% for me is the better of the two. Out of the full backs the right back who I think is on hearts books looks a good player imo. Baring in mind Kingsley at left back has been getting a game at Swansea he impressed me more.

Midfield were again awful. Slow. Sideways passing. Fraser and Christie at least tried to be creative but final ball was terrible. Cummings was poor but really didn't have much support or help.

As others have said I think that manager is a clown.

Not that fussed about Scotland tbh, but as much as that performance was awful, I reckon there's a few in there who will go far with a bit change which will be good!

California-Hibs
03-09-2016, 03:14 AM
When we take 3 points from MALTA? Aye ok its all great. Ignore the tribalism and watch the football.

Bud, wouldnt matter if it was Malta or France, my point about the pattern still stands. People hate to give any praise in any way shape or form when it's due to the national team. Now granted, that praise hasn't been able to be presented too often, however there definitely has been times where it has been due and it's found wanting.

Chance to be negative though? Folk are all over it! A lot of folk are too involve and have it deeply ingrained into them to even see it. That result for the under 21s was woeful, however there was certain positives in a few performances, yet people focus and predict the usual Armageddon!

Its part of the reason we get no where. Just look at the example of certain other countries who went long periods of not qualifying yet remained upbeat and supportive instead of sticking the boot in at every turn.

Scottish society is woeful at times.

SteveHFC
03-09-2016, 03:34 AM
Think Liam Smith will go on to be a good player for Hearts and Scotland for the future.

Christie could be another player if Celtic don't ruin him.

Toldo123
03-09-2016, 04:59 AM
I thought hearts pitch was not big enough to meet the minimum requirements for international football. Maybe it is different rules for under 21 games

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Brightside
03-09-2016, 06:36 AM
Scotland is hugely lacking facilities compared to the likes of Iceland

The country is full of unused 3g pitches.

Allant1981
03-09-2016, 07:01 AM

There is a reason why though, they are terrible to play and train on, and far too expensive

Brightside
03-09-2016, 08:50 AM
There is a reason why though, they are terrible to play and train on, and far too expensive

peffermill? meadowbank? all the new school ones?

JimBHibees
03-09-2016, 08:53 AM

Always found them good to train and play on. They are expensive and sometimes difficult to book though I stay in Livingston and it's good that kids are able to play on the Murieston one when not being used.

bigwheel
03-09-2016, 09:07 AM

Your earlier point about lack of coaching quality is a good one - it's a material issue and does not seem to be being addressed.

Your other point about plenty facilities though, does not stand up to scrutiny. There is a massive difference in facilities per head in Scotland compared to almost all of the rest of Europe, and a even bigger difference between those nations who have a similar climate to ours. School pitches are rarely available outside school term time, and the demand vs supply equation is hard, particularly for the grade 1 pitches which are few and far between.

Having said all of that, we developed our best players when we had almost no facilities, and I'm sure a big part of that was the amount of time spent playing football...The 10,000 hrs point, often discussed now as a route to excellence, wasn't a barrier a few decades ago. Kids spent most of their spare time kicking a ball about - needing to get better, so you got a game with the "big boys" down the park...That doesn't happen naturally anymore, so we need to create opportunities and places to play (facilities and clubs) and we need great coaching to maximise it..

Allant1981
03-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Never played in edinburgh so cant say for these ones but yes 3g pitches arent great, we used to train on one and played on loads and they were horrendous

Brightside
03-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Never played in edinburgh so cant say for these ones but yes 3g pitches arent great, we used to train on one and played on loads and they were horrendous

You sure it was 3g? Its the best possible surface for training on.

JimBHibees
03-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Your earlier point about lack of coaching quality is a good one - it's a material issue and does not seem to be being addressed.

Your other point about plenty facilities though, does not stand up to scrutiny. There is a massive difference in facilities per head in Scotland compared to almost all of the rest of Europe, and a even bigger difference between those nations who have a similar climate to ours. School pitches are rarely available outside school term time, and the demand vs supply equation is hard, particularly for the grade 1 pitches which are few and far between.

Having said all of that, we developed our best players when we had almost no facilities, and I'm sure a big part of that was the amount of time spent playing football...The 10,000 hrs point, often discussed now as a route to excellence, wasn't a barrier a few decades ago. Kids spent most of their spare time kicking a ball about - needing to get better, so you got a game with the "big boys" down the park...That doesn't happen naturally anymore, so we need to create opportunities and places to play (facilities and clubs) and we need great coaching to maximise it..

Agree about facilities however large social changes what with safety much greater number of cars, real or perceived threat from strangers meaning parents giving kids less freedom. Also much more sedentary pastimes like satellite tv, computers, consoles etc. Academy, pro youth set up and overall structure needs looked at. In comparison with other countries much less investment on sporting infrastructure.

tamig
03-09-2016, 10:47 AM
What do the bulk of the countries on the continent do? Do they have the same pro-youth/old style S-form set up as here or is it done differently? Maybe it is down to the objectives of youth coaching in other countries. Would be good to know how they do it elsewhere though. Seems to be a vacuum here from about 12-15 years old which are surely the prime development years. It also seems to be the period when the clubs get their hands on the players and development stalls. Does anybody have an insight into the set ups in the likes of Iceland, Belgium and France when boys get to about 12. What do the clubs do with them and are they still allowed to play for other teams not linked to the clubs. Surely that's what the SFA should be looking at.

Allant1981
03-09-2016, 11:51 AM
You sure it was 3g? Its the best possible surface for training on.

Ive played to a good level so i know what ive played and trained on and didnt like 3g surfaces in the slightest but ill bow to your knowledge!

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 12:00 PM

I played a bit when astroturf came out and the thing was it reduced the full-on sliding tackles as it burnt the skin off legs etc. I suppose 3g pitches are an improvement on original astroturf, I don't know much about 3g.

As it probably encourages players to stay on their feet more which is vital in this day and age of refereeing which is vastly more against sliding in, surely it would only be a good thing for players to train on these types of pitches as well as on grass.

Mon the Cabbage

Smartie
03-09-2016, 12:04 PM
I think 3G pitches are excellent, I play on them a lot.

I've played on horrible, hard bobbly grass pitches and virtually unplayable mud baths. I've had the sprained ankles and grass burns that go with the former.

At least with 3G you know what you're getting.

It always bugs me when I see unused facilities and in this country I see it a lot. Yes, our facilities are substandard but there doesn't even seem to be enough desire to use what we already have.

Allant1981
03-09-2016, 12:12 PM
I think 3G pitches are excellent, I play on them a lot.

I've played on horrible, hard bobbly grass pitches and virtually unplayable mud baths. I've had the sprained ankles and grass burns that go with the former.

At least with 3G you know what you're getting.

It always bugs me when I see unused facilities and in this country I see it a lot. Yes, our facilities are substandard but there doesn't even seem to be enough desire to use what we already have.

Thats the thing with kids though, and i probably sound really old here you never see kids out kicking a ball about now, when i finished school it was straight out with my mates playing, sneaking on to the local astro turf as well, then training with my team and a game at the weekend in between, when i go past our local pitches i never see kids just messing about

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-09-2016, 12:14 PM
That was awful.

Goalkeeper never really had anything to do although I thought at the time he could have done better with the goal. The two central defenders were all over the place at times. Soutar 100% for me is the better of the two. Out of the full backs the right back who I think is on hearts books looks a good player imo. Baring in mind Kingsley at left back has been getting a game at Swansea he impressed me more.

Midfield were again awful. Slow. Sideways passing. Fraser and Christie at least tried to be creative but final ball was terrible. Cummings was poor but really didn't have much support or help.

As others have said I think that manager is a clown.

Not that fussed about Scotland tbh, but as much as that performance was awful, I reckon there's a few in there who will go far with a bit change which will be good!

Agreed on all points, especially about the manager, why was he not on the sidelines for the majority of the game instead of sitting in the dugout? the quiet man apparently, get rid...soon.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-09-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't which was worse, watching Scotland of having to look at that total dump of a ground, looked like something from the 70s. Is this what the SFA want to promote? an absolute joke of a stadium.

jamieross
03-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I quite like the 3G pitches. Played on the one at Spartans a few weeks back was better than any of the grass ones round here. In terms of facilities Berwick/Borders, there isn't a single 3G pitch within 30miles, closest is either Dunbar or Gala. So I'd say there is a lack of facilities in this area.

Haymaker
03-09-2016, 01:57 PM
A major issue is that coaching at youth level is not well paid (or at all) which means many people won't look at it as a career. If it was seen as a career to get into we might see more people taking it up and working hard to develop their own coaching skills thus developing beeter players.

bigwheel
03-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Agree about facilities however large social changes what with safety much greater number of cars, real or perceived threat from strangers meaning parents giving kids less freedom. Also much more sedentary pastimes like satellite tv, computers, consoles etc. Academy, pro youth set up and overall structure needs looked at. In comparison with other countries much less investment on sporting infrastructure.

yes, agree with all of that - fair summary of the challenges for football development.

Theinsider
03-09-2016, 02:27 PM
yes, agree with all of that - fair summary of the challenges for football development.

I live in Spain with both my boys playing out here with a 3rd division sides footballing school. I can honestly say way are 20 years behind in Scotland when it comes to football development.

emerald green
03-09-2016, 03:20 PM

:agree: Taking 3 points from Malta is not a certainty I would also suggest. Did Hearts (the Big Team lol) not suffer an embarrassing Europa League exit to a Maltese club called Birkirkara just a week or two ago?

A club I honestly had never even heard of before.

northstandhibby
03-09-2016, 03:52 PM
I don't which was worse, watching Scotland of having to look at that total dump of a ground, looked like something from the 70s. Is this what the SFA want to promote? an absolute joke of a stadium.

It's a bit strange the PBS was chosen or wasn't switched when it became obvious Scotland needed a win. It was highly likely Macedonia would keep it tight at the back and with the PBS having one of the tightest pitches it played into the opposition's game-play.

Maybe it had previously been chosen with no opportunity to switch I don't know. A strange choice when we needed a win.

GGTTH

Hibby Bairn
03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
I live in Spain with both my boys playing out here with a 3rd division sides footballing school. I can honestly say way are 20 years behind in Scotland when it comes to football development.

I'd be interested in hearing more?

JimBHibees
03-09-2016, 06:52 PM

They have thousands more qualified coaches for a start even taking into account the huge difference in populations.

Theinsider
03-09-2016, 07:46 PM

In what respect. The fact we are 20 years behind in terms of investment and coaching methodologies would take a while to explain.

Let me know any particular areas of interest and I will do my best to explain our shortcomings. Whether it be coaching/coaching set up. Facilities. Footballing ethos. The fact most teams in la liga have affiliation groups at grass level whom they pay to develop players on there behalf etc. Let me know.

pacoluna
03-09-2016, 10:30 PM
The people on this that criticise the gate walker hibs supporters when they express their view are the same people that criticise Scotland from sitting on their couch.

Hibby Bairn
04-09-2016, 12:26 PM
In what respect. The fact we are 20 years behind in terms of investment and coaching methodologies would take a while to explain.

Let me know any particular areas of interest and I will do my best to explain our shortcomings. Whether it be coaching/coaching set up. Facilities. Footballing ethos. The fact most teams in la liga have affiliation groups at grass level whom they pay to develop players on there behalf etc. Let me know.
I'll PM you. Genuinely interested.

Theinsider
04-09-2016, 06:32 PM
I'll PM you. Genuinely interested.

No problems at all mate.