PDA

View Full Version : Turriff warning

lucky
02-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Can't believe that the police are warning Hibs fans to stay off the pitch. We've had one big pitch invasion in recent times but it now appears that where ever we go we get this crap

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-fans-warned-by-police-ahead-of-turriff-clash-1-4219442

CallumLaidlaw
02-09-2016, 01:51 PM
They're not. It's all about parking. Not one single quote from the police about going on the pitch but both the evening news and the daily record have mentioned it. Idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R'Albin
02-09-2016, 01:51 PM
:faf:

matty_f
02-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Can't believe that the police are warning Hibs fans to stay off the pitch. We've had one big pitch invasion in recent times but it now appears that where ever we go we get this crap

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-fans-warned-by-police-ahead-of-turriff-clash-1-4219442

Did they say anything about attacking their players? :greengrin

Michael
02-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Given that we've had to wait our entire history to win a single round in this competition, I won't blame our fans if they get a bit excited and invade the pitch should we get this monkey off our backs.

lyonhibs
02-09-2016, 02:06 PM
****ing Turriff *******s. Hope the crew that go up there give them a lesson from the big city.

LOUD NOISES!!!!

Ozymandias
02-09-2016, 02:12 PM
They're worried about making a trench in the playing surface, even though its strong. Tough Turriff Turf trough

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Stay off the pitch for goodness sake !!! ..... Its bad enough being accused of assaulting opposition teams players without being faced with charges of sheep worrying as well. :grr:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2016, 03:37 PM

That is allowed but only on the proviso that fans don't cross the half way line and they'd respectfully ask us to keep any fracas within the box for cctv purposes ;)

Smartie
02-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Given that we've had to wait our entire history to win a single round in this competition, I won't blame our fans if they get a bit excited and invade the pitch should we get this monkey off our backs.

:greengrin

:tee hee:

High-On-Hibs
02-09-2016, 03:51 PM
And here I was looking forward to goading Turriff fans while I engaged in fisty cuffs with their players.

lucky
02-09-2016, 05:30 PM
They're not. It's all about parking. Not one single quote from the police about going on the pitch but both the evening news and the daily record have mentioned it. Idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The opening paragraph states so I think it's reasonable to think it's being said.

The warning did make me laugh. When we get there there will be signs everywhere STAY OFF GRASS 😄

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2016, 05:41 PM

Yes !!! Hahahaha .....and not to order a steak bake in Greggs in a fen*ony sort of way.
😂😋

KdyHby
02-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Am in Turriff, just been to the Turriff United Social Club. The locals are so friendly. They were laughing at the thought of Hibs fans invading their pitch. They are saying that they'd be delighted if they're only 5 down at half time, and that they'd invade the pitch should a miracle happen and they win!

Come here and have a fab time with lovely locals. Did I mention the barmaids.....

TomTheHibbyBev
02-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Am in Turriff, just been to the Turriff United Social Club. The locals are so friendly. They were laughing at the thought of Hibs fans invading their pitch. They are saying that they'd be delighted if they're only 5 down at half time, and that they'd invade the pitch should a miracle happen and they win!

Come here and have a fab time with lovely locals. Did I mention the barmaids.....

Was that in the kastille? Cu you there😁

KdyHby
02-09-2016, 06:36 PM
All right bud. Not just the Kastille, but she was braw too! Just having a bite to eat, heading back to K.soon!

3pm
02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Are we allowed a kick about in the goals at half time?

Paisley Hibby
02-09-2016, 06:57 PM

You **** one sheep 😱

monktonharp
02-09-2016, 08:12 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthe locals seem to have made a fair bit of noise, about parking on verges etc. I was in Toronto over 20 years ago, going to the ice hockey with my cousin and he pointed out that loads of locals, near the Maple Leaf stadium were actually advertising......park on my lawn, drive, yard etc $3 dollars upwards. thought the Hampden locals would have caught on to this by now, never mind the Turrifs.

sleeping giant
02-09-2016, 09:47 PM
the locals seem to have made a fair bit of noise, about parking on verges etc. I was in Toronto over 20 years ago, going to the ice hockey with my cousin and he pointed out that loads of locals, near the Maple Leaf stadium were actually advertising......park on my lawn, drive, yard etc $3 dollars upwards. thought the Hampden locals would have caught on to this by now, never mind the Turrifs.

There is a website where folk offer their driveway for parking. There were plenty on offer for Hampden.

Canne mind the site though :-)

SouthMoroccoStu
02-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Bit of a naughty "click bate" headline from The EEN

No quotes referring to the title at all

But sadly this is no surprise given the slipping standard of journalism in this country

lucky
02-09-2016, 10:31 PM
I've arrived in Aberdeen on my way to Turriff nobody knows we are playing up here. By the way a pint & a wine £4.30. I love it lol x🍺🍷

KdyHby
03-09-2016, 12:07 AM
I've arrived in Aberdeen on my way to Turriff nobody knows we are playing up here. By the way a pint & a wine £4.30. I love it lol x🍺🍷

Cheaper in Turra ;-)

Steviep73
03-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Much cheaper than Copenhagen lol couldn't even get 1 drink for that!

macca70
03-09-2016, 05:01 AM
There's nowhere in that article that the Police have even mentioned staying off the pitch so it's a bizarre headline.

It's about concerns that their little village is going to be taken over by some rowdy drunken football types from the big city and that the local residents are in a panic about folk parking on grass verges.

Keith_M
03-09-2016, 07:41 AM
The headline says they warned Fans to stay off the pitch, but the Evening News just made that up.

There's absolutely nothing about it in the police statement, which is all about parking!

What the hell is going on at the Scotsman!!!!!!!!

Hermit Crab
03-09-2016, 11:28 AM
It's all male cow crap, there is no warning and the EEN/Scotsman is up there with the daily Ranger and the sun.

staunchhibby
03-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Any where was cheaper than copenhagen.Only the Dubliner was reasonable

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 01:26 PM

No sure about wine as a chaser.

lucky
03-09-2016, 01:28 PM
No sure about wine as a chaser.

Indeed lol

heidtheba
03-09-2016, 01:35 PM
the locals seem to have made a fair bit of noise, about parking on verges etc. I was in Toronto over 20 years ago, going to the ice hockey with my cousin and he pointed out that loads of locals, near the Maple Leaf stadium were actually advertising......park on my lawn, drive, yard etc $3 dollars upwards. thought the Hampden locals would have caught on to this by now, never mind the Turrifs.

I remember parking in some companies car park before the first Hibs v Celtic semi-final round of the SC back in 94/95. Paid a few quid and got a nice wee parking space. Bu&*&er to get out of. Some wee jumped up hitler in a hi-viz vest telling everyone to be patient and to stop honking their horns (at which point everyone started). Mr Hitler took the huff, told everyone to "&*ck off" and walked off.

Needless to say we all managed to get out the car park in a couple of minutes with no harm done and (most) traffic laws followed...

My favourite story along these lines was an Italian Grand Prix, some dude kindly offered his truck as a place to store bikes, everyone parked in their. Race happened. Race finished. Everyone walked back to pick up bikes...kind truck dude had vanished...with a trailer load of expensive bikes (and a pocketful of money...)

offshorehibby
03-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Who's all heading to the Turriff club tomorrow

coldingham hibs
03-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Just noticed the game is on BBC Alba tomorrow, has this been mentioned anywhere?.

offshorehibby
03-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Just noticed the game is on BBC Alba tomorrow, has this been mentioned anywhere?.

That's why game was changed to the Sunday

Hermit Crab
03-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Me plus 1. :thumbsup:

KdyHby
03-09-2016, 05:20 PM

Was there last night, fab night, great jukebox, Proclaimers, Gala etc will be blasting out loud again tonight. Btw, the Turriff United Social Club is hidden away , best ask locals for directions. It's near the Clydesdale Bank.

w pilton hibby
03-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Was there last night, fab night, great jukebox, Proclaimers, Gala etc will be blasting out loud again tonight. Btw, the Turriff United Social Club is hidden away , best ask locals for directions. It's near the Clydesdale Bank.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregABZ03/status/771997806034911232

High-On-Hibs
03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Bit of a naughty "click bate" headline from The EEN

No quotes referring to the title at all

But sadly this is no surprise given the slipping standard of journalism in this country

Slipping? Nah, it's always been this bad mate.

--------
04-09-2016, 09:01 AM
It's all male cow crap, there is no warning and the EEN/Scotsman is up there with the daily Ranger and the sun.

All the polisman's saying is, "Don't park on the grass verges, don't park in the streets near the ground, don't turn up legless, and let's have a really nice day."

Monkeys with typewriters ... (sigh)

BTW - regarding the livestock in Turriff (pronounced 'Turra') they're no too bothered about their sheep, but heaven help anyone who messes with a Turra Coo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turra_Coo

iwasthere1972
04-09-2016, 09:57 AM

What two days before the match. :confused:

You driving a tractor by any chance?

lucky
04-09-2016, 10:00 AM
What two days before the match. :confused:

You driving a tractor by any chance?

Weekend in Aberdeen then onto Turriff today

SteveHFC
04-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Just seen this on Twitter:

Fans board representative abandoning a bus load of fans at Dundee.... Very good. Have a word dougan. #hibs

green day
04-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Fans board representative abandoning a bus load of fans at Dundee.... Very good. Have a word dougan. #hibs

What exactly does that mean??

oconnors_strip
04-09-2016, 10:41 AM

Who posted that and what does it mean?

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2016, 10:52 AM

People posting gossip without knowing facts. Driver took ill at wheel, frank is the only director representing the club, so had to leave. That ok?

Hibs90
04-09-2016, 11:29 AM
People posting gossip without knowing facts. Driver took ill at wheel, frank is the only director representing the club, so had to leave. That ok?

He didn't tweet it so no idea why your having a go. That ok?

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2016, 11:52 AM
He didn't tweet it so no idea why your having a go. That ok?

But he thought he would post gossip on here? Another smart alec

Billy Whizz
04-09-2016, 01:31 PM

Hope the driver is ok

Moulin Yarns
04-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Thread titled 'Man Doon' has more information on the driver

ronaldo7
04-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Hope the driver is ok

Hootsman headline tomorrow. Hibs fans beat the driver to a pulp and steal his bus.

iwasthere1972
04-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Hootsman headline tomorrow. Hibs fans beat the driver to a pulp and steal his bus.

Stole his lunch as well. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
04-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Turriff players are grasses, the lot of them.

J

--------
04-09-2016, 04:15 PM

No, not "Hibs fans" - "Alcohol-crazed Hibs casuals ..." :aok:

ACLeith
04-09-2016, 04:41 PM
They invaded the driver's half of the bus 🙄

But seriously, hope he is fine.

--------
04-09-2016, 04:55 PM
They invaded the driver's half of the bus ��

But seriously, hope he is fine.

Let's hope the club can let us know.

Hibs90
04-09-2016, 05:09 PM

Gossip? People post gossip in every single thread. People copy and paste tweets in every single thread. It happens, this is a forum. But less of the insults please.

marinello59
04-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Gossip? People post gossip in every single thread. People copy and paste tweets in every single thread. It happens, this is a forum. But less of the insults please.

It was malicious gossip. Why would Hibs fans revel in posting cr@p about other Hibs fans and why would others be happy to spread it about?

Mr White
04-09-2016, 05:38 PM

It's possible that friends or relatives of Frank Dougan might feel similarly regarding the post mentioning him. Regardless of where the information originated.

Hibs90
04-09-2016, 05:51 PM
It was malicious gossip. Why would Hibs fans revel in posting cr@p about other Hibs fans and why would others be happy to spread it about?

How is the poster supposed to know its crap, he only posted what he seen?

marinello59
04-09-2016, 06:05 PM
How is the poster supposed to know its crap, he only posted what he seen?

It's not news and has nothing to do with Hibs so why the rush to post it on here?

lucky
05-09-2016, 06:51 AM
Ok did anyone see the grass verges we were warned about?