PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2016, 06:04 AM
What's to say that hasn't been said already? but perhaps one thing the majority can agree with...

lyonhibs
02-09-2016, 06:14 AM
Isn't good enough as a wing back, has no right foot, constantly cuts inside and can't cross to save his life.

Am I doing this right??

S4uzee
02-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Love the guy. Gutted I couldn't get a ticket for tomorrow

Mr White
02-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Nice one VP :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
He's the embodiment of all things Hibernian. Gives everything in every game, humble, wears the shirt with pride, shows loyalty to the club and his teammates and is one of the most successful players in the club's cup history. Doesn't crow about it, just gets on with it.

leithsansiro
02-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Isn't good enough as a wing back, has no right foot, constantly cuts inside and can't cross to save his life.

Am I doing this right??

Yes. That's exactly how a club icon and double cup winner should be supported.

Obviously I get that you're being ironic, but for all his shortcomings, I'd have LS any day over someone who perhaps might have more skill but is just here for a paycheque. Lewis = Hibs

lyonhibs
02-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Yes. That's exactly how a club icon and double cup winner should be supported.

Obviously I get that you're being ironic, but for all his shortcomings, I'd have LS any day over someone who perhaps might have more skill but is just here for a paycheque. Lewis = Hibs

Me too. Love the guy. In a purely footballing sense you understand.....

jacomo
02-09-2016, 10:23 AM

Am I doing this right??

We will never win anything with this guy in the team FACT.

:greengrin

Enjoy your evening LS and everyone who's going. Rare modern day player who truly deserves a testimonial.

Northernhibee
02-09-2016, 10:50 AM
I'd love him to become our all time most capped player. As far as I'm concerned he's one of our all time greats. Both cups, a one club man and that would be the icing on the cake.

lyonhibs
02-09-2016, 11:08 AM
I'd love him to become our all time most capped player. As far as I'm concerned he's one of our all time greats. Both cups, a one club man and that would be the icing on the cake.

Realistically, he's not been capped yet in an era where Scotland haven't exactly been blessed with Danny McGrain-esque left backs. I think that ship has sailed. Let's him focus on being a Hibs legend which I'm fine with.

Northernhibee
02-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Realistically, he's not been capped yet in an era where Scotland haven't exactly been blessed with Danny McGrain-esque left backs. I think that ship has sailed. Let's him focus on being a Hibs legend which I'm fine with.

Dunno why I put capped, I meant most appearances for the club :greengrin

But tbf I can't help feeling that people will be talking about "Wee Lewis" in fifty years time. Not the most technically gifted player we've had but certainly the hardest working, most humble and a class of his own in terms of his eclectic collection of cup winners medals.

lord bunberry
02-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Is there going to be a testimonial match?

Baldy Foghorn
02-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Is there going to be a testimonial match?

Yes

Smartie
02-09-2016, 04:35 PM

I hate to be a pedant (actually, that's not even remotely true) but was Danny McGrain not a right-back?

I'm sure McGrain would have been a decent stop-gap left-back but it wasn't what he was primarily known for.

Or was it?

lord bunberry
02-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Yes
Any idea of when and who it might be against? I'm not a fan of testimonials, but Stevenson has served our club with a dignity that puts many of his contemporaries to shame.

My_Wife_Camille
02-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Any idea of when and who it might be against? I'm not a fan of testimonials, but Stevenson has served our club with a dignity that puts many of his contemporaries to shame.
No date or opponent has been agreed or set yet

lord bunberry
02-09-2016, 04:49 PM
No date or opponent has been agreed or set yet
Cheers.

lyonhibs
02-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Great article on the wee man in the Sun by the not at all biased Kenny Millar.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Never been subjected to the the daily records transfer speculation

HoboHarry
02-09-2016, 05:14 PM

Am I doing this right??

You forgot to say he is too wee. Get with the program man....

😜

hibsbollah
02-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Absolutely love the guy. i can't imagine Hibs without him.

MB62
02-09-2016, 06:15 PM

Strangely enough, when I hear knob end had pulled out of the Scotland Squad today to go be with the The rangers in a friendly, I thought, if they are looking for a replacement for him then they could do worse than L.S. (it's only Malta after all)