PDA

View Full Version : Hibs ladies v Bayern Munich ladies

Wembley67
01-09-2016, 12:14 PM
I didn't even know that had a Champions League!!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-ladies-draw-bayern-munich-in-champions-league-1-4218698

Go on the lassies :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2016, 12:29 PM
They should be allowed to play it at Easter Road and Hibs should encourage as many fans as possible to get along and support them.

Brightside
01-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Hate to say it but BM will murder us....they have become very strong very quickly.

scoopyboy
They should be allowed to play it at Easter Road and Hibs should encourage as many fans as possible to get along and support them.

They are playing it at Easter Road.

staunchhibby
Think they are playing at easter road

lord bunberry
01-09-2016, 12:32 PM
I thought they'd been hammered in the last round, but it was Hibernians of Malta that were playing.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Hate to say it but BM will murder us....they have become very strong very quickly.

Yeh, think you are right, Bayern will be a level well above what our womens team are used to playing against. As I said, Hibs should really push this game, it would be fantastic if the ladies could run out at ER with a decent crowd in the ground to back them. I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult to set a record attendance for a womens game in Scotland if we put our minds to it :thumbsup:

In fact, think how funny it would be if 17,000 turned up and we could say our womens team gets bigger crowds than Hearts mens team ..... that does it, I'm going :greengrin

They are playing it at Easter Road.

Good to hear, if nothing else it proves that Hibs attachment to the womens team is more than just window dressing and that I should actually read the article before posting :greengrin

Just Jimmy
01-09-2016, 01:29 PM
It's at ER. They deserve a crowd after their efforts last few seasons. I'll be going along. My other half has said she wants to go as well. Could well be a great atmosphere for them.

Lets push it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brightside
01-09-2016, 01:30 PM
It's at ER. They deserve a crowd after their efforts last few seasons. I'll be going along. My other half has said she wants to go as well. Could well be a great atmosphere for them.

Lets push it.

Fiver entry and they could easily get 5000 there.

Just Jimmy
01-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Fiver entry and they could easily get 5000 there.
They should let season ticket holders in for free. Do 5 quid everyone else and pack it out.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Will see if i can run a bus from Lancashire for this one.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
They should let season ticket holders in for free. Do 5 quid everyone else and pack it out.

why on earth should they do that :confused:

Just Jimmy
01-09-2016, 01:38 PM
To encourage a large crowd? I'm not an ST holder btw.

Brightside
01-09-2016, 01:56 PM
To encourage a large crowd? I'm not an ST holder btw.

Ladies don't get any money from STs tho...

JimBHibees
01-09-2016, 01:57 PM

Maybe a discount not free IMO.

scoopyboy
01-09-2016, 01:59 PM

Because every time Hibs get a home cup tie it's par for the course.

Involuntary action like Pavlov's dogs.:greengrin

jacomo
01-09-2016, 01:59 PM

Least you can do.

Andy74 has chartered a plane to make sure he doesn't miss it.

Just Jimmy
01-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Ladies don't get any money from STs tho...
Ok. So how are they funded? Is it the same set up as the main side?That is a genuine question. I admit to not knowing much about the woman's game and how it is run.

How would others suggest driving sales for this to encourage a large crowd?

GreenCastle
01-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Where do Bayern play home games ?

Exciting tie but they are the German Champions with full time professionals.

Hibs aren't even Scottish champions and are mostly part time.

Could easily see a 6 or 7 nil to Bayern.

Brightside
01-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Ok. So how are they funded? Is it the same set up as the main side?That is a genuine question. I admit to not knowing much about the woman's game and how it is run.

Part of Hibs Community....make it minimum entry and a free bovril. :thumbsup:

Brightside
01-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Where do Bayern play home games ?

Exciting tie but they are the German Champions with full time professionals.

Hibs aren't even Scottish champions and are mostly part time.

Could easily see a 6 or 7 nil to Bayern.

they have a 20000 seater stadium in the old 1860 Munich ground.

marinello59
01-09-2016, 03:33 PM
A great draw. I hope as many Hibs fans as possible get along to see this, our ladies team is definitely one to be proud of.

flash
01-09-2016, 03:47 PM

Count me out. Washing my hair.

lucky
01-09-2016, 04:05 PM

Are you stuck in the 1970s? You don't have to support or attend women's football but your everyday sexism is pathetic

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2016, 04:13 PM

I think any financial input from Hibs to the womens team is pretty minimal .... a crowd of 5,000 paying a fiver each for this game would be a massive boost to their coffers I would imagine, but as I said, it would be great for them if we could do better than that.

These girls play for the love of it and have done our club proud over the last few years, there's a good chance this is the biggest game many of them will ever play in. The men's team took an early nosedive out of the League cup and it would be nice if the club's normal support could look at the money and time we have been saved by avoiding another couple of trips to Hampden and invest that time and money in this game instead.

Just spoken to my mate I go to games with and it looks like the five of us who go normally are up for this one ... We have a couple of home games before the midweek this will be played and Hibs should advertise the game in the programme and in the half time announcements, not to mention all of our usual social media outlets.

In normal circumstances Bayern Munich should be far too good for us, but if the girls had a good crowd behind them whose to say they couldn't cause an upset. They are a Hibs team, lets give them some Hibs support, even if its only for this special occasion :agree:

R'Albin
01-09-2016, 04:33 PM

Eh?

Pretty Boy
01-09-2016, 04:37 PM
I think any financial input from Hibs to the womens team is pretty minimal .... a crowd of 5,000 paying a fiver each for this game would be a massive boost to their coffers I would imagine, but as I said, it would be great for them if we could do better than that.

These girls play for the love of it and have done our club proud over the last few years, there's a good chance this is the biggest game many of them will ever play in. The men's team took an early nosedive out of the League cup and it would be nice if the club's normal support could look at the money and time we have been saved by avoiding another couple of trips to Hampden and invest that time and money in this game instead.

Just spoken to my mate I go to games with and it looks like the five of us who go normally are up for this one ... We have a couple of home games before the midweek this will be played and Hibs should advertise the game in the programme and in the half time announcements, not to mention all of our usual social media outlets.

In normal circumstances Bayern Munich should be far too good for us, but if the girls had a good crowd behind them whose to say they couldn't cause an upset. They are a Hibs team, lets give them some Hibs support, even if its only for this special occasion :agree:

Well said.

If people aren't interested why can't they just be uninterested quietly? The snidey comments are totally unnecessary and I'd question the attitude of anyone who finds them remotely funny.

flash
01-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Are you stuck in the 1970s? You don't have to support or attend women's football but your everyday sexism is pathetic

Oooh get her.

SingaporeHibs
01-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Well said.

If people aren't interested why can't they just be uninterested quietly? The snidey comments are totally unnecessary and I'd question the attitude of anyone who finds them remotely funny.

I agree, women's football is hugely under supported. Our main rivals Glasgow City run every kind of fund raiser possible just to try and break even for these Champions league games. It generally costs a fortune.We as a Hibee family should embrace this tie. I can't pretend to know the economics of the Hibs women's side but I would guess it's run from donations. If you can get along to this game and give them the support that any Hibs team would merit please do. GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Oooh get her.

Hilarious.

I presume you are trying to be funny, or at least I hope you are. Take a look around ER on a matchday, we have a decent amount of female supporters and a lot of these women bring their kids to games. They are a vital part of the good health of the club and look at the amazing work folk like Frank Suzy do which greatly benefits Hibs.

Its a bit depressing that on the few occasions a thread like this pops up we end up with silly 70s sitcom type attempts at humour .... our women's team deserve more respect than that, as do our female supporters, who I'm sure wont find this kind of stuff remotely funny.

lucky
01-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Oooh get her.

Sorry mate but your coming over as a prick. Time you grew up

RyeSloan
01-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Brilliant tie for them and it's great to see the positive reaction (largely) on here.

Women's and girls fitba might not be everyone's cup of tea but you shouldn't underestimate the size of girls kids football...I was amazed at how many leagues and teams there was when my daughter started playing. These kids can grow up dreaming of playing for Hibs (& Arsenal!) now just like the laddies can and I think that makes a big difference to how they see the Club.

That might be one reason you see a heck of a lot more females at the football now than you did back in the day (or so it seems anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozymandias
01-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Brilliant tie for them and it's great to see the positive reaction (largely) on here.

Women's and girls fitba might not be everyone's cup of tea but you shouldn't underestimate the size of girls kids football...I was amazed at how many leagues and teams there was when my daughter started playing. These kids can grow up dreaming of playing for Hibs (& Arsenal!) now just like the laddies can and I think that makes a big difference to how they see the Club.

That might be one reason you see a heck of a lot more females at the football now than you did back in the day (or so it seems anyway)

Great post. I'm quite heavily involved in the girls game (although not at Hibs) and the growth in the last few years has been phenomenal. 6 years ago there were 6 teams at u13. Now there are I think 30. If people don't like it, fine - but the snide digs are wearying, pathetic and unnecessary.

On Sunday I watched a U17 girls game and an adult male Sunday amateur game. One game had fit, dedicated, technically skillful players who train 2-3 times a week. The other one, not so much. I like both, because its football.

Hope the Hibs ladies get a good crowd and do well - will definitely try to get along.

greenteam
01-09-2016, 11:45 PM
Agree. My first ladies game was Scotland v Germany in Germany. .we scored first and it was a Hibs player..ok we got beat 4-1, but it was a good day out.

hhibs
01-09-2016, 11:58 PM

I think ,I hope ,he was going for irony there.:flag:

SanFranHibs
02-09-2016, 12:37 AM
I think ,I hope ,he was going for irony there.:flag:

I think he was just cracking a joke and frankly I think we have some over sensitive people on here.

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2016, 05:07 AM
Not going to bother with the sexism v sensitive souls debate because women's football is long past that point.

It's a great achievement and I, who knows absolutely nothing about the women's game, am looking forward to my first Hibs Ladies fixture.

RoYO!
02-09-2016, 06:31 AM
I think he was just cracking a joke and frankly I think we have some over sensitive people on here.

Clearly he was just cracking a joke. It just so happened it wasn't remotely funny.

macca70
02-09-2016, 07:35 AM

Surely that's a no brainer, it's an incentive and opportunity to entice a big crowd along.

Think longer term rather than just the short sightedness of cashing in on this 1 game.

As a season ticket holder, if I'm not up to anything else that night and have the chance of going to see this game for free, I'd be tempted to head along.

If folk think they are getting something for free, it's more likely to entice them along.

Its about taking this huge opportunity to market your product. It's an opportunity to tap into a huge potential market, raise their profile and ensure they build for the future.

Why do Hibs give free tickets to schools?
Why do Edinburgh City give half price admission to Hibs/Hearts season ticket holders?

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Surely that's a no brainer, it's an incentive and opportunity to entice a big crowd along.

Think longer term rather than just the short sightedness of cashing in on this 1 game.

As a season ticket holder, if I'm not up to anything else that night and have the chance of going to see this game for free, I'd be tempted to head along.

If folk think they are getting something for free, it's more likely to entice them along.

Its about taking this huge opportunity to market your product. It's an opportunity to tap into a huge potential market, raise their profile and ensure they build for the future.

Why do Hibs give free tickets to schools?
Why do Edinburgh City give half price admission to Hibs/Hearts season ticket holders?

The Hibs ladies team will have a trip to Munich to finance, they play their games in front of a handful of spectators and as far as I'm aware get nothing more than the most basic financial support from Hibs, which probably extends no further than the club providing kit and perhaps giving them access to the clubs medical and physiotherapy staff.

Asking Hibs ladies to allow supporters into this game for nothing from their point of view would be like asking the men's team to allow free access to a Europa league game against the same opposition.

Like most people intending to go to this game it is not a precursor to me becoming a regular at Hibs ladies team matches. This will not lead to an upturn in their gates at bog standard league or cup matches. But in this one match me and every other Hibs fan has been given an opportunity to show some appreciation for the dedication and effort these girls put into representing Hibs in the women's game and for the outstanding job they have done in making their team a success and in turn making a superb contribution to the good name of Hibernian Football Club.

Being asked to chuck a fiver into the pot to help the ladies finance the return trip to Munich and to show a bit of appreciation for the work they put in is not very much to ask, from my point of view. In all honesty you would have to be a bit of a miserable bugger to moan about it and an even more miserable bugger if the loss of a fiver is enough to keep you away from supporting them in the biggest game of their lives.

macca70
02-09-2016, 10:31 PM
The Hibs ladies team will have a trip to Munich to finance, they play their games in front of a handful of spectators and as far as I'm aware get nothing more than the most basic financial support from Hibs, which probably extends no further than the club providing kit and perhaps giving them access to the clubs medical and physiotherapy staff.

Asking Hibs ladies to allow supporters into this game for nothing from their point of view would be like asking the men's team to allow free access to a Europa league game against the same opposition.

Like most people intending to go to this game it is not a precursor to me becoming a regular at Hibs ladies team matches. This will not lead to an upturn in their gates at bog standard league or cup matches. But in this one match me and every other Hibs fan has been given an opportunity to show some appreciation for the dedication and effort these girls put into representing Hibs in the women's game and for the outstanding job they have done in making their team a success and in turn making a superb contribution to the good name of Hibernian Football Club.

Being asked to chuck a fiver into the pot to help the ladies finance the return trip to Munich and to show a bit of appreciation for the work they put in is not very much to ask, from my point of view. In all honesty you would have to be a bit of a miserable bugger to moan about it and an even more miserable bugger if the loss of a fiver is enough to keep you away from supporting them in the biggest game of their lives.

I disagree, I reckon it has already raised the profile of Hibs Ladies and the more that attend, the more interest they might generate for the future.

Your right a fiver is nothing but you would get a significantly bigger crowd by giving season ticket holders free entry.

I'm fairly sure they have there Munich trip funded and not reliant on funding it from this game.

RoYO!
02-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Free for ST's or pay what you want on entry/ exit? Works with fringe/ festival shows.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 12:47 AM
I disagree, I reckon it has already raised the profile of Hibs Ladies and the more that attend, the more interest they might generate for the future.

Your right a fiver is nothing but you would get a significantly bigger crowd by giving season ticket holders free entry.

I'm fairly sure they have there Munich trip funded and not reliant on funding it from this game.

I simply don't think there is ever going to be enough interest in women's football as a spectator sport, certainly not in a small country like Scotland, for raising the profile to make any difference to them from a financial point of view, though it may well generate more players which is a good thing.

Say 5,000 folk do turn up paying a fiver each, that would be £25,000 how long do you think it would take the women's team to raise that sort of money through gate receipts at Ainslie Park? They may well have the away game funded, but I bet you a fiver ( there's that amount again ) that they are mostly funding it from their own pockets or through fundraising in their own time.

When did folk become so bloody tight that five quid made the difference between them supporting a team playing under the name Hibernian FC and not bothering, especially when its a game of this magnitude for them. Ye gods, what an outstanding tribute to their efforts that folk are saying they will only get a decent turn out if spectators are allowed in for nothing .... and its even worse that the folk we are talking about here are season ticket holders, by definition people who obviously have a strong feeling for the club.

Its nothing short of embarrassing, I hope none of the women's team read this message board ...... They are a team representing Hibs in the biggest competition they can possibly qualify for against one of Europe's great clubs, they have about as much chance of beating this team as the men's team would have of beating their male counterparts .... surely the least they can hope for is that the fans of the club they are representing will give them the consolation of a financial boost and support on the night.

marinello59
03-09-2016, 07:43 AM
I simply don't think there is ever going to be enough interest in women's football as a spectator sport, certainly not in a small country like Scotland, for raising the profile to make any difference to them from a financial point of view, though it may well generate more players which is a good thing.

Say 5,000 folk do turn up paying a fiver each, that would be £25,000 how long do you think it would take the women's team to raise that sort of money through gate receipts at Ainslie Park? They may well have the away game funded, but I bet you a fiver ( there's that amount again ) that they are mostly funding it from their own pockets or through fundraising in their own time.

When did folk become so bloody tight that five quid made the difference between them supporting a team playing under the name Hibernian FC and not bothering, especially when its a game of this magnitude for them. Ye gods, what an outstanding tribute to their efforts that folk are saying they will only get a decent turn out if spectators are allowed in for nothing .... and its even worse that the folk we are talking about here are season ticket holders, by definition people who obviously have a strong feeling for the club.

Its nothing short of embarrassing, I hope none of the women's team read this message board ...... They are a team representing Hibs in the biggest competition they can possibly qualify for against one of Europe's great clubs, they have about as much chance of beating this team as the men's team would have of beating their male counterparts .... surely the least they can hope for is that the fans of the club they are representing will give them the consolation of a financial boost and support on the night.

:top marks

SanFranHibs
03-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Clearly he was just cracking a joke. It just so happened it wasn't remotely funny.

Well, if it was not remotely funny how do you know it was 'clearly' a joke?

macca70
03-09-2016, 08:36 AM

What's emabarrising and why do you hope none of the ladies team read this board?

No ones slagging them, quite the opposite.

Just stated that if folk are undecided about going along, free entry would encourage a significantly bigger crowd than charging. They aren't Professionals.

Could be a chance of a lifetime for them to play in front of thousands at Easter Rd, let's get as many is as possible. That's more important than using it as an opportunity to get a few quid in the bank. I'm sure there finances are doing just fine.

RyeSloan
03-09-2016, 10:43 AM
What's emabarrising and why do you hope none of the ladies team read this board?

Just stated that if folk are undecided about going along, free entry would encourage a significantly bigger crowd than charging. They aren't Professionals.

Could be a chance of a lifetime for them to play in front of thousands at Easter Rd, let's get as many is as possible. That's more important than using it as an opportunity to get a few quid in the bank. I'm sure there finances are doing just fine.

Do you know anything about their finances or are you just making a sweeping assumption? And if the tickets were free instead of £5 how 'significantly bigger' would the crowd be or are you just assuming that as well?

I simply don't see why this game would be seen as a prime candidate to issue over 10,000 free tickets.

If people want to support them then let them pay a fair price for doing so.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 01:45 PM

Well, by inference stating that folk would be happy to go along to support the girls for nothing but would be put off going for the cost of a cheap bottle of wine or a pie & Bovril at ER is hardly going to be a boost to their self esteem is it? .... I agree, nobody is slagging them, but saying the biggest game in their history isn't even worth £5 admission is hardly a compliment either I would suggest.

As for them not being professionals, no they aren't, but from what I know of them they try to run their team as professionally as possible and that costs money. I have some anecdotal knowledge of what it costs to run Gala Fairydean Rovers and its a small fortune every year, that's before any payments to players. I have no idea what state the finances of Hibernian Ladies are in, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the people who run them will be looking at this game as an opportunity for some much needed income ... even teams like Hibs Ladies need more than good will to survive and thrive.

This is a team who are representing Hibernian football club on a big stage and though thousands of Hibs fans are aware of them and appreciate their efforts, the truth is that they get very little actual support from us in practical terms, how many of our regular support of 10,000 or so get along to Ainslie Park when they are playing, a few dozen maybe?
From my point of view this is a one off opportunity for the whole of the Hibs support to show a bit of appreciation for the effort and good work the ladies team have put in to representing the club over the years and I am still failing to grasp why people who are supporters of Hibernian FC, which includes this team, would be put off attending what should be a fantastic occasion for the girls for the want of such a small amount of money .... If it is £5 to get in that's 4 folk for less than the price of an adult ticket for Hibs v Dumbarton.

I do understand what you are saying, nothing is always an attractive price ...... but I would hope that as many 'Hibs fans' as possible will be willing and able to get along to ER on the night, even if it is going to cost them a fiver.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 02:03 PM
I have no interest in woman's football whatsoever, be it under Hibs name or not. There i have said it, it could be free or a fiver, i'm just not interested in watching it.

I have said it before and been lambasted for it, but it just does not interest me. I'm not against women playing football, but it's clear to me from the amount of spectators they get, that i'm not alone in thinking this.

And i don't feel any sense of pride if they win anything, i'm glad they do but i don't go out celebrating because it really means nothing to me as a Hibs fan.

Andy74
03-09-2016, 02:27 PM
I have no interest in woman's football whatsoever, be it under Hibs name or not. There i have said it, it could be free or a fiver, i'm just not interested in watching it.

I have said it before and been lambasted for it, but it just does not interest me. I'm not against women playing football, but it's clear to me from the amount of spectators they get, that i'm not alone in thinking this.

And i don't feel any sense of pride if they win anything, i'm glad they do but i don't go out celebrating because it really means nothing to me as a Hibs fan.

Agree. There might be the Hibs name but it's not a sport I'd go and see. If we had a rugby team under the Hibs name it would be just the same.

Good luck to those playing it though or who enjoy watching it.

Malthibby
03-09-2016, 02:42 PM

:thumbsup:I happen to enjoy women's footie & I hope the Euro game get's a decent gate. Even for the folk who don't get it, as others have said bringing more lassies into football has a positive effect on the main team's support, so benefits flow in both directions.
It's an outlet for lassies who wouldn't otherwise get into footie & we should be supporting that.
GG

Andy74
03-09-2016, 04:06 PM
:thumbsup:I happen to enjoy women's footie & I hope the Euro game get's a decent gate. Even for the folk who don't get it, as others have said bringing more lassies into football has a positive effect on the main team's support, so benefits flow in both directions.
It's an outlet for lassies who wouldn't otherwise get into footie & we should be supporting that.
GG

How true is this? The women's game isn't well supported in itself so how is women's football bringing women into watching the men's team?

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 04:31 PM
How true is this? The women's game isn't well supported in itself so how is women's football bringing women into watching the men's team?

This would probably be a reasonable time to draw a comparison with the USA. Back in the 70s American kids didn't particularly play 'soccer' and as a result there was no feeling for the game to build support for professional teams on. Its just a guess of mine, but for the last couple of decades the number of people playing the sport in the US has grown hugely and I cant help thinking that this makes them more likely to become football supporters, the success and growth of MLS in the last decade would suggest that there could be something in that theory.

It has always been the case that females in this country cant really engage with football because they have no experience of playing the game. In fact its been my experience that many females almost seem to feel like they are expected to dislike the game coz 'its a stupid men's thing' But I can see a time where it will be just as likely for schools to have a girls football team as it is for them to have a hockey or netball team, women's football as a participation sport is growing all the time. Girls in that environment will get a feeling for the game and much more of an understanding of it and enthusiasm for it .... in my opinion that will make them much more likely to become football supporters as well as players.

From that point of view I think women's football could turn out to be of huge benefit to the growth of female spectators .... and lets face it, if your dad AND MUM are both into the fitba, you are more likely to be too, which wont do any harm to the numbers of future male supporters either.

Malthibby
03-09-2016, 04:35 PM

No formal surveys as 'proof' but I know a number of girls who got into footie via playing it & became regular attenders. There are also far more girls/women at games
now than in the past & I believe that's due to football being perceived as less neanderthal than it used to be; women's football plays a part in that culture change. It's expanding the fan base
& that has to be a good thing.
I believe.
GG

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 04:43 PM
If there is lots more women watching Hibs these days, why dont they watch the women's team?

Brightside
03-09-2016, 05:15 PM
I refuse to get into the same old debate with the same old people.

Current record for attendance in Scotland is 4200 for an International v Spain and 1300 for a Champions League game for Glasgow City. I'd like to think the more modern thinking amongst the Hibs support could see us at least beat that 1300 figure. :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 05:28 PM
If there is lots more women watching Hibs these days, why dont they watch the women's team?

There's a lot more to watching professional football than just turning up, the whole experience is a package of things from the pre and post match socialising to the interaction with the crowd and even the tribalistic nature of it, if that wasn't so we might as well all watch it on the telly. With the best will in the world women's football is never going to provide that sort of experience .... I could save myself a fortune and go down to Netherdale on a Saturday to watch Gala Fairydean Rovers ... I do from time to time, but its hardly the experience going to ER is.

This discussion hasn't half grown arms & legs. From my point of view all I was hoping for was that the wider Hibs support would like to turn up and show support for the women's team in their biggest ever game as a wee tribute to their efforts over the last few years and for no other reason than I thought it would be a nice thing for us to do and that the lassies might appreciate it. I for one wasn't trying to push it as an advert for trying to persuade 5,000 folk to turn up at Ainslie Park every other Saturday.

Brightside
03-09-2016, 05:31 PM
There's a lot more to watching professional football than just turning up, the whole experience is a package of things from the pre and post match socialising to the interaction with the crowd and even the tribalistic nature of it, if that wasn't so we might as well all watch it on the telly. With the best will in the world women's football is never going to provide that sort of experience .... I could save myself a fortune and go down to Netherdale on a Saturday to watch Gala Fairydean Rovers ... I do from time to time, but its hardly the experience going to ER is.

This discussion hasn't half grown arms & legs. From my point of view all I was hoping for was that the wider Hibs support would like to turn up and show support for the women's team in their biggest ever game as a wee tribute to their efforts over the last few years and for no other reason than I thought it would be a nice thing for us to do and that the lassies might appreciate it. I for one wasn't trying to push it as an advert for trying to persuade 5,000 folk to turn up at Ainslie Park every other Saturday.

They play at Albyn Park in Broxburn ;-) Lucky to get more than 60 people at most games.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 05:35 PM
I refuse to get into the same old debate with the same old people.

Current record for attendance in Scotland is 4200 for an International v Spain and 1300 for a Champions League game for Glasgow City. I'd like to think the more modern thinking amongst the Hibs support could see us at least beat that 1300 figure. :flag:

Sod that .... I want to see us break the 4,200 record, I'm sure if admission is kept at £5 or less we could do it easily, between now and the middle of the month Hibs should push this game to the fans as much as they can .... its a one off and if folk are made aware of the previous record they will buy into a drive to break it :aok:

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 05:37 PM

I understand that, what i dont agree with is how having a womens football team attached to the club would see more people IE women come to easter road to watch the mens side.

If more women are coming to watch Hibs mens team each week, why are they not going to watch the women's team?

I dont see this as a question that should annoy anyone, just because i don't personally think what they provide is a product i want to see does not mean they shouldn't play football.

I just don't agree with the arguments put forward on how we benefit as a club because there is a team of women wearing our strip in the women's league.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 05:37 PM
They play at Albyn Park in Broxburn ;-) Lucky to get more than 60 people at most games.

My bad as they say :greengrin ... whenever I've seen them on the telly it always seems to be Ainslie Park.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2016, 05:50 PM
I understand that, what i dont agree with is how having a womens football team attached to the club would see more people IE women come to easter road to watch the mens side.

If more women are coming to watch Hibs mens team each week, why are they not going to watch the women's team?

I dont see this as a question that should annoy anyone, just because i don't personally think what they provide is a product i want to see does not mean they shouldn't play football.

I just don't agree with the arguments put forward on how we benefit as a club because there is a team of women wearing our strip in the women's league.

See post 53 mate ..... I don't think having a Hibs women's team is a huge factor, but women playing the game in general surely is. I'm not bothered for leaving the house on a Saturday to watch women's football either, but for a one off special occasion I'm more than happy to make the 100 mile round trip to ER to make the Bayern Munich game as special an experience as possible for these girls who love the beautiful game as much as I do ... I think they deserve it.

Ozymandias
03-09-2016, 06:04 PM

Because like pretty much all professional sport, the peak of the mens game, due to a combination of biology, history and culture, is generally a better spectacle, played at a faster pace with greater atmosphere surrounding it.

Your question is an odd one though - you seem to suggest that if you're female you'd want to want watch female football rather than the male first team. Why? There is I am absolutely sure more women watching Hibs than there used to be - I don't have numbers but I do have eyes.

Given your oft-stated total lack of any apparent interest in the womens game, you do seem to like to mention it every time a thread comes up! By the way, if its not for you then great, but from a purely Hibs male first team point of view, surely you would agree that the more people - regardless of sex - that fall in love with the game and want to watch it the better?

Anything associated with Hibs - despite your personal lack of engagement - is only going to be a good thing surely?

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Because like pretty much all professional sport, the peak of the mens game, due to a combination of biology, history and culture, is generally a better spectacle, played at a faster pace with greater atmosphere surrounding it.

Your question is an odd one though - you seem to suggest that if you're female you'd want to want watch female football rather than the male first team. Why? There is I am absolutely sure more women watching Hibs than there used to be - I don't have numbers but I do have eyes.

Given your oft-stated total lack of any apparent interest in the womens game, you do seem to like to mention it every time a thread comes up! By the way, if its not for you then great, but from a purely Hibs male first team point of view, surely you would agree that the more people - regardless of sex - that fall in love with the game and want to watch it the better?

Anything associated with Hibs - despite your personal lack of engagement - is only going to be a good thing surely?

Some folk get very precious when anyone questions why we have a Hibs ladies team? I just don't see the point in it, especially when i was told about all the benefits having one would?

Of course i agree the more people who fall in love with the game the better, although i think you are stretching it a bit if you are suggesting our upturn in crowds is a result of our women's team winning some games?

And again, if more women are falling in love with the game and this is a direct result of women's football, why dont they turn up and watch it?

SuperAllyMcleod
03-09-2016, 06:44 PM
On a practical note, given that Hibs have automatic turnstiles (at least they do in the East), how easy is it to set up cash turnstiles? What may affect the attendance is the requirement to buy a ticket - either on the day or to print at home.

Ozymandias
03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Some folk get very precious when anyone questions why we have a Hibs ladies team? I just don't see the point in it, especially when i was told about all the benefits having one would?

Of course i agree the more people who fall in love with the game the better, although i think you are stretching it a bit if you are suggesting our upturn in crowds is a result of our women's team winning some games?

And again, if more women are falling in love with the game and this is a direct result of women's football, why dont they turn up and watch it?

Precious? Really? :rolleyes:
So you don't see any point, I think that's clear. Even if you reject all the benefits you have been told of, can you advance any reasons why Hibs shouldn't have a womens team out there?

I didn't say the upturn in women attending was due to the Hibs womens team. The normalisation of girls/women playing football - and it is now the second largest participation sport in the UK - means that now and in the future half of the population are increasingly going to have a demand for football. The starting point for attending ER is having an interest in the game, and if the existence of a successful Hibs Ladies helps to pique that interest and be aspirational for girls, then that will benefitt the whole club. I'd suggest it would be grossly negligent for Hibs not to develop and market as far as possible the womens side.

As for your last point, I already answered that in the previous post.

danhibees1875
03-09-2016, 06:48 PM
On a practical note, given that Hibs have automatic turnstiles (at least they do in the East), how easy is it to set up cash turnstiles? What may affect the attendance is the requirement to buy a ticket - either on the day or to print at home.

Is the wee bit where a person can stand and take cash not still there though? Just before the scanner?

RoYO!
03-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Well, if it was not remotely funny how do you know it was 'clearly' a joke?

There are such things as **** jokes... Thought that would have been fairly apparent.

Brightside
03-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Precious? Really? :rolleyes:
So you don't see any point, I think that's clear. Even if you reject all the benefits you have been told of, can you advance any reasons why Hibs shouldn't have a womens team out there?

I didn't say the upturn in women attending was due to the Hibs womens team. The normalisation of girls/women playing football - and it is now the second largest participation sport in the UK - means that now and in the future half of the population are increasingly going to have a demand for football. The starting point for attending ER is having an interest in the game, and if the existence of a successful Hibs Ladies helps to pique that interest and be aspirational for girls, then that will benefitt the whole club. I'd suggest it would be grossly negligent for Hibs not to develop and market as far as possible the womens side.

As for your last point, I already answered that in the previous post.

He's trolling. Does it every time a womans game is mentioned. The bottom line is we are Hibernian Football Club, a community club for all. Therefore we look to provide something for all of the community.

Brightside
03-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Is the wee bit where a person can stand and take cash not still there though? Just before the scanner?

They will just have kids with buckets...and it will be through in a fiver or however much you want.

ElginHibbie
03-09-2016, 07:14 PM
He's trolling. Does it every time a womans game is mentioned. The bottom line is we are Hibernian Football Club, a community club for all. Therefore we look to provide something for all of the community.

:agree:

We are currently going round primary schools at the moment trying to get more interest from the community, with ladies teams girls who see the cup and might be interested in football can share in the dream youngsters have of playing for their club. If we cut ties we would be basically saying 'Football (and therefore Hibs) is for men' and we would be (rightly) slated in the press

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2016, 07:16 PM
He must have a catch and release scheme because G seems to land the same big fish each time.

Andy74
03-09-2016, 07:31 PM

Is the ladies team part of that though? I didn't think they were and I don't pay my money into the club to support other stuff.

Fine defending the women's game but I think that forcing it into being part of the overall club and therefore we should be supportive of it is also wrong.

Ozymandias
03-09-2016, 07:32 PM
He must have a catch and release scheme because G seems to land the same big fish each time.

That is rather sad is it not?

Ozymandias
03-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Is the ladies team part of that though? I didn't think they were and I don't pay my money into the club to support other stuff.

Fine defending the women's game but I think that forcing it into being part of the overall club and therefore we should be supportive of it is also wrong.

Actually I agree - there I absolutely no need ot be supportive of it, but there is equally no need to be actively antagonistic towards it, at least as far as I can see. To the best of my knowledge financial support is minimal - strips and some use of East Mains and occasionally ER. Enough for it to be part of the Hibs family.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2016, 07:49 PM
That is rather sad is it not?

Nah, not really, its just the same folk telling him he is wrong and they are right. He might as well have a bit of fun with it.

Ozymandias
03-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Nah, not really, its just the same folk telling him he is wrong and they are right. He might as well have a bit of fun with it.

So he posts to get a reaction on a subject he claims to care nothing about, waits for people to comment (all fellow Hibs fans), and then proceeds to troll. I find that a bit weird to be honest.

Brightside
03-09-2016, 08:16 PM

The ladies team is 100% part of Hibernian Community Club. I assume you will be wanting the game changer stuff done away with also?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm not bothered enough to argue the pros and cons, I'm away to watch Murray.

Onceinawhile
03-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Personally, don't really care for woman's football so won't be going regardless of the price.

I hope they win, but it would inspire little more than a shoulder shrug from me, whereas the men's team beating bayern Munich would be the precursor to a week long bender.

Andy74
03-09-2016, 10:12 PM
The ladies team is 100% part of Hibernian Community Club. I assume you will be wanting the game changer stuff done away with also?

I haven't seen the detail of the game changer stuff.

I would assume the point is that we turn more of the local community in to Hibs fans though and so whatever cost there is to us it's done through the lens of building the club long term.

The women's team is a bit different as I'm not sure it does add anything to the support for the first team.

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 10:32 PM
I haven't seen the detail of the game changer stuff.

I would assume the point is that we turn more of the local community in to Hibs fans though and so whatever cost there is to us it's done through the lens of building the club long term.

The women's team is a bit different as I'm not sure it does add anything to the support for the first team.

Why would you assume that?

Andy74
03-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Why would you assume that?

Due to it being the real reason most businesses or organisations engage in community or sustainability programmes. There's nothing wrong with it and a win win generally. When using fan and shareholder money it should be for the long term benefit of the club.

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Due to it being the real reason most businesses or organisations engage in community or sustainability programmes. There's nothing wrong with it and a win win generally. When using fan and shareholder money it should be for the long term benefit of the club.

How much fan and shareholder money is it using?

That would help us evaluate whether there was a long-term benefit.

Glory Lurker
03-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Looking forward to this. Would be happy to pay more than a fiver.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2016, 10:56 PM
There must be a chance of a German TV Channel taking the game, don't know how much the ladies would get for that though.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2016, 11:40 PM
The usual sheite that i'm trolling because i don't believe Hibs woman contribute 1 bean towards Hibs FC, and in fact take money out the club that i support which is the men's team.

The community my arse, what community, if they are so important to the community, why don't they get off their backside and support them?

Of course if you are not politically correct on here with some, you are just a troll. If you want to support Hibs women's team, then fine, in fact i applaud those that do. I do not need anyone to tell me that i should be a supporter of them, they do nothing for me and i wouldn't give a toss if they won the European cup or folded tomorrow.

When they start supplying players to the team i support, then i will start taking an interest in them, if that's trolling then i'm a troll. :rolleyes:

KirkyK
04-09-2016, 12:15 AM
The usual sheite that i'm trolling because i don't believe Hibs woman contribute 1 bean towards Hibs FC, and in fact take money out the club that i support which is the men's team.

The community my arse, what community, if they are so important to the community, why don't they get off their backside and support them?

Of course if you are not politically correct on here with some, you are just a troll. If you want to support Hibs women's team, then fine, in fact i applaud those that do. I do not need anyone to tell me that i should be a supporter of them, they do nothing for me and i wouldn't give a toss if they won the European cup or folded tomorrow.

When they start supplying players to the team i support, then i will start taking an interest in them, if that's trolling then i'm a troll. :rolleyes:

They do not take any of your precious money out of the club

ElginHibbie
04-09-2016, 12:15 AM

No one is telling you need to support them and you do raise what I believe are genuine concerns in terms of money, but I imagine you have no proof that they 'take money out the club'?

Without knowing what is given to the ladies teams and what the club believe they get in return for this payment I don't think anyone is going to change their mind on this issue.

But for someone who claims they have no interest in the ladies team you are spending a lot of time commenting on threads about them

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 12:36 AM
I'm going to start a Hibs bingo team, we will all be part of the community but none of us will ever play for the Hibs.

Don't worry though, it should take off and be a terrific avenue for all kind of groups to get involved with all things Hibs

I expect the same sort of support for this, after all it's for the community, and i think it will be supported much more by the women of the area.

ElginHibbie
04-09-2016, 12:39 AM
I'm going to start a Hibs bingo team, we will all be part of the community but none of us will ever play for the Hibs.

Don't worry though, it should take off and be a terrific avenue for all kind of groups to get involved with all things Hibs

I expect the same sort of support for this, after all it's for the community, and i think it will be supported much more by the women of the area.

So just to make clear with this sarcastic post you have no proof that they 'take money out the club'?

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2016, 12:54 AM

Or just man up a bit, stop taking the pish, and if you have a few quid square then put it in to the club as you see fit.

Going by the age you put on your profile you've no need to play the smart ****.

Job done, no?

RyeSloan
04-09-2016, 02:59 AM

Ahh good Ol' BH.

Well I can tell you that they contribute at least 1 bean..I have a 12 year old daughter who has an ambition to play for Hibs. She knows that there is a Hibs team to play for and has played against the U14 girls team plenty times (and lost..the Hibs girls are well good [emoji106])

I have no doubt in my mind that her love for the first team comes partly from the fact that in her own way she might be able to play for Hibs ladies one day...she now has the dreams and hopes so many boys have when growing up. She knows it's not the first team nor that it would be the same as what we watch at ER but that doesn't matter..she can play for Hibs one day and that's a Bloomin' strong driver.

To be honest I had similar views to Andy74 on ladies football and the Hibs ladies until I was involved (merely as a supportive parent) in my kids games...to see the numbers of girls playing football now and seeing their desire for the game is quite astounding for an old dino like me. It can only be good for the game as a whole and the club in particular and should be applauded rather than dismissed as irrelevant.

Squealing pig
04-09-2016, 04:13 AM
Champions league tune at Easter road sounds tempting

Brightside
04-09-2016, 06:47 AM

You are a troll. Or just a sexist clown. Its their club as much as ours. You live in a very insular world BH. I hope you don't have daughters.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Ahh good Ol' BH.

Well I can tell you that they contribute at least 1 bean..I have a 12 year old daughter who has an ambition to play for Hibs. She knows that there is a Hibs team to play for and has played against the U14 girls team plenty times (and lost..the Hibs girls are well good [emoji106])

I have no doubt in my mind that her love for the first team comes partly from the fact that in her own way she might be able to play for Hibs ladies one day...she now has the dreams and hopes so many boys have when growing up. She knows it's not the first team nor that it would be the same as what we watch at ER but that doesn't matter..she can play for Hibs one day and that's a Bloomin' strong driver.

To be honest I had similar views to Andy74 on ladies football and the Hibs ladies until I was involved (merely as a supportive parent) in my kids games...to see the numbers of girls playing football now and seeing their desire for the game is quite astounding for an old dino like me. It can only be good for the game as a whole and the club in particular and should be applauded rather than dismissed as irrelevant.

That is the first time i have read anything that's remotely made me think this is a good idea. :top marksI'm still against any money coming out the club to fund this, and if they fund themselves i'm all for it, even under the Hibs name.

It appears if you don't support this scheme you are a troll or sexist, when in the real world i just have a different opinion on this.

At no time have i said women should not play football, and at no time have i said i don't think they should play under the Hibs name.

Malthibby
04-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Ahh good Ol' BH.

:flag:What he said.

Malthibby
04-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Now it makes sense. It was Thatcher who suggested there was no such thing as 'community,' she was wrong then & she's still wrong, which is why her & her ilk do so badly up here.
Community is real, & it includes wummin.
GG

Andy74
04-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Now it makes sense. It was Thatcher who suggested there was no such thing as 'community,' she was wrong then & she's still wrong, which is why her & her ilk do so badly up here.
GG

You are mixing big up a couple of things there though.

Of course the Hibs community involves everyone including women. Look around on match day and we are a fairly diverse bunch.

That doesn't mean the club needs to actively support and fund different variations of the game. That's another thing altogether.

I don't think the lack of men's netball or synchronised swimming points to a lack of community. I don't think the fact we haven't branched into rugby means we turn away rugby fans from watching the Hibs team.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 12:17 PM
GG

Why wont the community get off their backsides and watch it?

Eyrie
04-09-2016, 12:26 PM
We're a football club, which is why we don't have a bingo section for blackpoolhibs to join any more than we have sections for netball, synchronised swimming or rugby.

We're a football club, which is why we have women's and girls teams playing under our name. I may not go along to watch them, but I'm always pleased to hear that they're doing well and representing our club successfully. I'd also have no problem with our club arranging some financial support for them eg sponsorship.

As regards whether our women's team improves our men's team, that argument could be applied to our youth system which brings through disappointingly few players so should be scrapped as well on cost grounds because our club does spend cash on it.

Ozymandias
04-09-2016, 01:24 PM

Because its not as popular, because its amateur, because it doesnt have 141 years of history, because its only in the last few years that the SFA have dedicated resource to growing the female game, because its not the pinnacle of the sport within the club, because almost exclusively mens sport at the top end is of a higher standard than the female end (for biological and commercial reasons).

Happy?

The point of the thread is that the women playing under Hibs game have an exciting tie in the premier club competition they can compete in. Thats a good thing. Advertising the game on here (and for the most part with positivity) is a way to get more of the community out.

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2016, 01:54 PM

For the same reason folk don't go mental watching the reserves or youth teams .... The main team is the focus of the club and the focus of its support, being a 'community' club doesn't mean that every team attached to Hibs has to earn money or attract spectators any more than it means Hibs have to spend money on them.

Another poster made a very valid point in that in the past young girls might have been keen on football and keen Hibs fans, but there was no chance they could aspire to playing for the club, now that has changed and surely that has to be a good thing. In fact you made a joke about Bingo, but if you ask me I wouldn't see any problem with a Hockey team or a Rugby team or a Netball team playing under the Hibs banner so long as they were self funding ... huge football clubs on the continent have similar set ups and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 04:18 PM
For the same reason folk don't go mental watching the reserves or youth teams .... The main team is the focus of the club and the focus of its support, being a 'community' club doesn't mean that every team attached to Hibs has to earn money or attract spectators any more than it means Hibs have to spend money on them.

Another poster made a very valid point in that in the past young girls might have been keen on football and keen Hibs fans, but there was no chance they could aspire to playing for the club, now that has changed and surely that has to be a good thing. In fact you made a joke about Bingo, but if you ask me I wouldn't see any problem with a Hockey team or a Rugby team or a Netball team playing under the Hibs banner so long as they were self funding ... huge football clubs on the continent have similar set ups and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

1st point, at least they have a chance to reach the men's team if good enough, something the ladies team never will.

2nd point, neither have i.

NZ Green
04-09-2016, 04:38 PM
I think removing a woman's football team would be bad for any major club. The fact is woman will probably never play in the men's game, so a league has to be created for woman - they're called Football Clubs, not Men's Clubs. If you're happy for woman to pay to watch Hibernian, you cant really have an issue with woman wanting to play for them too.

Eyrie
04-09-2016, 06:13 PM

And it has been repeatedly stated that Hibs do not put any money into our women's or girls' teams, so they are self funding.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 06:20 PM
And it has been repeatedly stated that Hibs do not put any money into our women's or girls' teams, so they are self funding.

Are they though, who has repeated this? Who is paying for the hire of Easter Road and the stewarding for this upcoming game?

Ozymandias
04-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Are they though, who has repeated this? Who is paying for the hire of Easter Road and the stewarding for this upcoming game?

Girls teams are self funding to the best of my knoweldge except for strips and use of East Mains.

Hopefully Hibernian FC as its our stadium will take on board any costs to open and steward the ground on the night. Presumably it will come from tghe Community budget of the club rather than the first team one.

Presumably you'll object as it'll take a few bawbees away from the development of the first team? Why don't you write to Leeamn (a former member of the board of Scottish Womens Football, incidentally), and ask her to ensure that any contributions you make are ringfenced, and why you think the merest hint of any resource going to the female game is counterproductive? I'm sure she'd give you reasons for you to consider, but then I'm equally sure that you won't bother considering them as valid? Are you really so anti the womens game that you would object to the club using ER and providing a few stewards? I find that astonishingly mean spiritied at the very least.

(http://www.kickitout.org/news/motherwell-ceo-lauds-the-rise-of-womens-football/#.V8xpwDVoCyg)

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Girls teams are self funding to the best of my knoweldge except for strips and use of East Mains.

Hopefully Hibernian FC as its our stadium will take on board any costs to open and steward the ground on the night. Presumably it will come from tghe Community budget of the club rather than the first team one.

Presumably you'll object as it'll take a few bawbees away from the development of the first team? Why don't you write to Leeamn (a former member of the board of Scottish Womens Football, incidentally), and ask her to ensure that any contributions you make are ringfenced, and why you think the merest hint of any resource going to the female game is counterproductive? I'm sure she'd give you reasons for you to consider, but then I'm equally sure that you won't bother considering them as valid? Are you really so anti the womens game that you would object to the club using ER and providing a few stewards? I find that astonishingly mean spiritied at the very least.
(http://www.kickitout.org/news/motherwell-ceo-lauds-the-rise-of-womens-football/#.V8xpwDVoCyg)

I watch the men's side, i couldn't tell you one players name from the ladies or where they are in the league.

And yes when the club has been cutting back over the last few seasons through mismanagement, i'd prefer that every single penny we bring in is put towards the men's team.

How about someone on here give me a valid reason that i could consider rather than bother Dempster, only last week there was a post on here moaning about folk emailing her?

And of course you are another who's putting words into these posts that i have never said.

I will type this slowly for everyone who is finding it difficult to read, i am not never have or ever will be against women's football, and i am not or never have been against a Hibs ladies team as long as they are self sufficient.

foxyryan
04-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Hope that their will be a good attendance at Easter Road

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

barcahibs
04-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Happy to see the ladies team doing well and would be happy to see the club providing resources for them. Women should be able to dream of playing for the Hibees in the same way men do and I can't see how that won't make the club as a while stronger.

I do get where folk like Blackpoolhibs are coming from though. For me being a His fan is about more than the team on the park, it's about the history and community - but not everyone sees it like that, and they've got the same right to define what being a Hibby means as i do.

Thinking about it tonight I suppose BH and others view the Ladies team in much the same way as I view the national team (a pointless irrelevance) and I guess I can't criticise.

I wonder if an option for season ticket holders to make a voluntary donation to the ladies team when buying their season tickets might be a worthwhile scheme?

hfc rd
04-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Apologies if already posted, but is this going to be PATG or ticket only? Whatever it is, I'll be there cheering on the ladies in this huge game!

Ozymandias
04-09-2016, 08:22 PM
I watch the men's side, i couldn't tell you one players name from the ladies or where they are in the league.

And yes when the club has been cutting back over the last few seasons through mismanagement, i'd prefer that every single penny we bring in is put towards the men's team.

How about someone on here give me a valid reason that i could consider rather than bother Dempster, only last week there was a post on here moaning about folk emailing her?

And of course you are another who's putting words into these posts that i have never said.

I will type this slowly for everyone who is finding it difficult to read, i am not never have or ever will be against women's football, and i am not or never have been against a Hibs ladies team as long as they are self sufficient.

I'm actually trying very hard not to misrepresent anything you posted. You didnt say you were trolling - that was other people on your behalf, so to speak.

I didn't know there was a post about Dempsters email, but thats pretty irrelevant anyway. If you have a concern about the funding or otherwise of the womens/girls side - and clearly dont take any of the points on here as valid - then that would be the way to go.

I repeat - the more girls are interested in football and view it as a normal and aspirational thing for girls to do, the more they will want to come to first team games be at at Hibs or anywehre else. This is certainly the case with the team I am involved in, with a couple of the girls going to games regualrly solely as a result of their involvement in the game as players (not at Hibs). I also regularly see Hibs girl youth players at games, as a squad on their own. The celebration of a game with a Hibs team (your interest notwithstanding) playing Bayern is a big step in raising the profile and ultimately benefiting Hibs first team. I think its years before the girls game gets anything like decent crowds regularly by the way, but for clubs like us its necessary to be in at the start and playing the long game to ensure 50% of the potential support is as Hibs-minded as possible.

I'm interested if you have the same issues about any resource that is used for community engagement purposes - for example would you stop funding for the fans fitness programme as it doesnt aid the first team? Would you object to the use of ER for fans charity games? Should we continue with producing free-to-air programmes like "Outside the box", as that carries cost. Like all businesses, there will be budgets allocated for all activities - the funding levels for the womens team - some stewarding maybe as you say, a few kits etc - seem to me to be a good way for triflingly small amount to offer big potential returns.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2016, 09:20 PM
well done the Ladies today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37271890

Holders Glasgow City and last year's runner's up Hibernian have both made it through to the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup.
Hibs trailed Celtic 1-0 at half-time, but the home side hit back through a 27-minute Abi Harrison hat-trick.

The semi-final draw will take place at Hampden Park on Monday.

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2016, 10:05 PM

Do you know the funny thing?

The men's team haven't been self sufficient either.

Do you want to put up an honest reason for disparaging the women's team?

Thecat23
04-09-2016, 10:26 PM
I'm not a fan of woman's football myself, I find the standard very slow and usually the keepers are pretty horrific.

But I've nothing against the Hibs laddies and I hope they do well. It's just not for me but if more girls are playing good on them.

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm not a fan of woman's football myself, I find the standard very slow and usually the keepers are pretty horrific.

But I've nothing against the Hibs laddies and I hope they do well. It's just not for me but if more girls are playing good on them.

How many games have you watched, and at what level?

Just asking, like.

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2016, 10:49 PM
1st point, at least they have a chance to reach the men's team if good enough, something the ladies team never will.

1st point ... Facile

2nd point ... Good

Brightside
05-09-2016, 06:09 AM

Just asking, like.

I watch loads of womens football at all age groups.....the Keepers are generally very poor. Even at international level.

Thecat23
05-09-2016, 06:56 AM

Just asking, like.

I've seen prob about 8 games at international level and they were all very slow and poor to watch. In almost all the games the keepers look like drunks trying to catch a balloon!

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Do you know the funny thing?

The men's team haven't been self sufficient either.

Do you want to put up an honest reason for disparaging the women's team?

I help pay towards the mens team, i don't want any of my money going towards a ladies team. Again i'd ask where i am having a go at the Hibs ladies team?

Once again, i have nothing against Hibs having a self sufficient ladies side, i also hope more and more ladies take up the game.

As i have said many times, its not for me and i object to paying for it in any way shape or form.

I really cant be any clearer, can people actually read what i say not what they want me to say? :confused:

Brightside
05-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Hibs will play Hearts or Hutchie in the SC Semi Final. Glasgow City play Glasgow Girls in the other semi. Both games at ainslie park on 12th i think. Refreshing to not have any old firm teams there.

Saturday Boy
05-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Hibs will play Hearts or Hutchie in the SC Semi Final. Glasgow City play Glasgow Girls in the other semi. Both games at ainslie park on 12th i think. Refreshing to not have any old firm teams there.

Semi finals both on Sunday 16th at Spartans. Hibs and Glasgow City miraculously kept apart in the semi final draw, for something like 5 years in a row. Scottish women's football must have borrowed the SFA cup draw equipment.

Eyrie
05-09-2016, 07:07 PM
I help pay towards the mens team, i don't want any of my money going towards a ladies team. Again i'd ask where i am having a go at the Hibs ladies team?

Once again, i have nothing against Hibs having a self sufficient ladies side, i also hope more and more ladies take up the game.

As i have said many times, its not for me and i object to paying for it in any way shape or form.

I really cant be any clearer, can people actually read what i say not what they want me to say? :confused:

And you have still not provided any evidence that your money is being used to subsidise the running of that particular one of our teams, because there isn't any.

So with that objection out of the way, why the constant negativity towards one of our teams?

Andy74
05-09-2016, 07:14 PM
And you have still not provided any evidence that your money is being used to subsidise the running of that particular one of our teams, because there isn't any.

So with that objection out of the way, why the constant negativity towards one of our teams?

Are they one of our teams or not?

Id always thought they weren't any part of the club and so why would we be under any pressure to support them?

I don't think BH is saying they are funded by club money just that he hopes not.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 07:16 PM

What negativity, ladies football is not something i either enjoy or need. Not once have i said if you or anyone else enjoy it then good?

Until such time as i know or are told no money is given to them by Hibs, i will have the same stance. And i suspect they do get some support from the club, which i am 100% against.

Where does it stop, someone else said they wouldn't mind a hockey team or a rugby team affiliating itself with Hibs, why?

If this was one of those i'd be against it too. Because its women folk are getting all uppity and the sexist argument is being thrown about like confetti.

My bingo comment would bring more women from the community to Hibs, but thats poo pooed, if its all about being a community club why?

jabis
05-09-2016, 07:20 PM

When is it again?
I'm going.

Blaster
05-09-2016, 07:22 PM
What negativity, ladies football is not something i either enjoy or need. Not once have i said if you or anyone else enjoy it then good?

Until such time as i know or are told no money is given to them by Hibs, i will have the same stance. And i suspect they do get some support from the club, which i am 100% against.

Where does it stop, someone else said they wouldn't mind a hockey team or a rugby team affiliating itself with Hibs, why?

If this was one of those i'd be against it too. Because its women folk are getting all uppity and the sexist argument is being thrown about like confetti.

My bingo comment would bring more women from the community to Hibs, but thats poo pooed, if its all about being a community club why?

Your argument with the other sports weakens you I think. The fact it is a football team is why some folk feel it is part of Hibernian football club

FWIW I have the same apathy towards watching women's football as you do but anything that promotes the Hibernian brand is a positive in my opinion. And I always hope they win 👍

jabis
05-09-2016, 07:22 PM

Bingo from the banana splits ?

One for the older viewers😁

Tamhere1875
05-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Let's get behind the HIBERNIAN LADYS team instead of bringing them down.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Your argument with the other sports weakens you I think. The fact it is a football team is why some folk feel it is part of Hibernian football club

FWIW I have the same apathy towards watching women's football as you do but anything that promotes the Hibernian brand is a positive in my opinion. And I always hope they win 👍

I never mentioned other sports, it was someone else. Where would it stop, although if they were self sufficient we could have a tiddlywink team for all i cared.

Blaster
05-09-2016, 07:27 PM
I never mentioned other sports, it was someone else. Where would it stop, although if they were self sufficient we could have a tiddlywink team for all i cared.

My apologies misread the other sports as being your points

Do you agree it helps promote the Hibernian brand though? When the draw was made it was all over sky sports news for a couple of days

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
My apologies misread the other sports as being your points

Do you agree it helps promote the Hibernian brand though? When the draw was made it was all over sky sports news for a couple of days

Cant say i have noticed to be perfectly honest, in fact i'd bet 99% of the people on here wont even know when the game is? Cue google and people trying to prove me wrong. :wink:

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 07:39 PM
I've seen prob about 8 games at international level and they were all very slow and poor to watch. In almost all the games the keepers look like drunks trying to catch a balloon!

You and I both know the level is better than that.

So why do you say that?

Blaster
05-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Cant say i have noticed to be perfectly honest, in fact i'd bet 99% of the people on here wont even know when the game is? Cue google and people trying to prove me wrong. :wink:

BH, I was at a night out a few years ago and was speaking to someone involved with the hibs ladies team. She was less than complimentary about mr Petrie and how he made them pay for everything they needed ie little or no support from the club. That may have changed since but one question.....,

Are you Rod?? 😄

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 07:44 PM
I watch loads of womens football at all age groups.....the Keepers are generally very poor. Even at international level.

I coach and I don't think keepers are poor, I think they aren't coached particularly well.

There's no intrinsic reason that suggests women can't be decent goalies, is there?

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 07:58 PM
BH, I was at a night out a few years ago and was speaking to someone involved with the hibs ladies team. She was less than complimentary about mr Petrie and how he made them pay for everything they needed ie little or no support from the club. That may have changed since but one question.....,

Are you Rod?? ��

Perish the thought, although i see him in a better light now. :greengrin

jabis
05-09-2016, 07:59 PM

You wee scamp you.

Too late,your 100% AGAINST the ladies team, and your 99% of people not aware of the time..........it was was 1%....me and you.
Not that I'm proud to be in the same demographic as yourself😉

Andy74
05-09-2016, 08:15 PM

Are you Rod?? 😄

If true then great. Most of us don't fund Hibs for that money to be used on a ladies team.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 08:17 PM
If true then great. Most of us don't fund Hibs for that money to be used on a ladies team.

Who do you think you're speaking for Andy?

Andy74
05-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Who do you think you're speaking for Andy?

I think I'm speaking for most of us which is why I said that.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I think I'm speaking for most of us which is why I said that.

You're not speaking for me.

What gives you the arrogance to assume you're speaking for the rest of us?

Hezbelle
05-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Women's football has grown in popularity and profile over recent years, I can't see that going backwards any time soon. It seems short sighted not to back it.

Jonnyboy
05-09-2016, 08:26 PM
I think this whole funding argument can be explained, as follows.

Season ticket money, PATG money, HSL money and shares money - all directly from fans - is used by the Manager to put players on the park.

If and I say if any monies are given to the Hibs Ladies, it will be from a diferent part of the club's budget. I suspect they don't get any funding as such

Essentially, those who don't want their money going to Hibs Ladies have nothing to worry about!

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Are they one of our teams or not?

Id always thought they weren't any part of the club and so why would we be under any pressure to support them?

I don't think BH is saying they are funded by club money just that he hopes not.

They are part of the Hibs Community Foundation. Just like all the other teams in that part of the club. I've no issue with people not wanting to watch the games but its beyond me why people don't want it in the club just because they are female and they wont ever play for the mens first team. I can only assume the same people were tutting their disapproval when the kids with learning difficulties turned up to do the 10 sec challenge last season.

Hezbelle
05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Or the old boys playing walking football at HTC.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
They are part of the Hibs Community Foundation. Just like all the other teams in that part of the club. I've no issue with people not wanting to watch the games but its beyond me why people don't want it in the club just because they are female and they wont ever play for the mens first team. I can only assume the same people were tutting their disapproval when the kids with learning difficulties turned up to do the 10 sec challenge last season.

What a ridiculous comparison, you've lost the plot.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:31 PM
I coach and I don't think keepers are poor, I think they aren't coached particularly well.

There's no intrinsic reason that suggests women can't be decent goalies, is there?

They aren't great - even at top international level a large majority of them are poor. At kids levels you get games with 15+ goals...and you basically just need to ping it from distance and you'll get a goal. I think the reason for that is its hard enough to get girls into the game of football therefore it must be even harder to get them to be goalies. You'll note from coaching that a lot of the girl keepers tend to be a bit over weight, a case of "well you aren't fast enough outside so we'll put you in goals" I have seen some decent young keepers but not many.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 08:32 PM

Its pc gone mad, yip there it is for the first time on this thread.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:32 PM
What a ridiculous comparison, you've lost the plot.

Explain to me what the Hibs Community Foundation is for then? Which part of the community is allowed in it? Everyone bar females?

Andy74
05-09-2016, 08:35 PM
You're not speaking for me.

What gives you the arrogance to assume you're speaking for the rest of us?

Most doesn't include you then, great.

I'm giving my opinion on what I think. I'm happy to correct to I think that most people would not be happy with club money supporting another team.

You can see from the comments about season ticket money going to the manager, HSL admin costs minimised etc that supporters feel it is important that their cash goes to benefit putting a team on the park now and in the future. With about 50 people watching a ladies game usually I'm taking the leap that it's not high on people's list to fund from club money.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:36 PM

Are you Rod?? 😄

Prior to Leeann they had to pay for their own kit and raise money to pay for pitches and training facilities. Things have changed for the better but there remains a huge opportunity to expand it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Explain to me what the Hibs Community Foundation is for then? Which part of the community is allowed in it? Everyone bar females?

I've absolutely no idea, I assumed you would know as you seem to be an expert on all aspects of football on here.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:38 PM

I'm giving my opinion on what I think. I'm happy to correct to I think that most people would not be happy with club money supporting another team.

You can see from the comments about season ticket money going to the manager, HSL admin costs minimised etc that supporters feel it is important that their cash goes to benefit putting a team on the park now and in the future. With about 50 people watching a ladies game usually I'm taking the leap that it's not high on people's list to fund from club money.

So Andy / BH do you want the Hibs Community Foundation closed down. It costs the club money and no one within it will ever play for the first team. I'd suggest you email the Exec and ask them to stop funding it.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 08:40 PM
So Andy / BH do you want the Hibs Community Foundation closed down. It costs the club money and no one within it will ever play for the first team. I'd suggest you email the Exec and ask them to stop funding it.

How much money do we spend on the Hibs community foundation?

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:40 PM
I've absolutely no idea, I assumed you would know as you seem to be an expert on all aspects of football on here.

I must admit to not being up to speed on Walking Football yet....but i'll work on it.

Jonnyboy
05-09-2016, 08:42 PM

G, the important question is - does any of the money paid by the fans via ST/PATG/HSL/Shares go the the CF. I'd wager, not and so it surely removes the argument from the table?

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:42 PM

Ask the CEO. She runs the club and I'm happy for her to do the right thing for Hibs and the brand and the expansion into the greater community. I have no issue with how we spend ST money etc now.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:45 PM
http://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk

Andy74
05-09-2016, 08:46 PM

Im sure it does cost the club money but it's for the long term benefit for the team. Engaging with the community helps to encourage positive relations with locals and future fans to encourage a wider support down the line. Business all over the place are looking at sustainability and community projects in this way.

Funding a ladies team I don't believe comes into that category. I don't believe its existence creates a future support for the club.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Im sure it does cost the club money but it's for the long term benefit for the team. Engaging with the community helps to encourage positive relations with locals and future fans to encourage a wider support down the line. Business all over the place are looking at sustainability and community projects in this way.

Funding a ladies team I don't believe comes into that category. I don't believe its existence creates a future support for the club.

So all the girls from the u11,u13,u15,u17,Dev, Ladies.....and their families....

I'm missing something here. I just don't get the argument that encouraging girls of all ages to play football under the Hibs banner wont end up with more people coming to the Mens games. It creates fans.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 08:50 PM
They aren't great - even at top international level a large majority of them are poor. At kids levels you get games with 15+ goals...and you basically just need to ping it from distance and you'll get a goal. I think the reason for that is its hard enough to get girls into the game of football therefore it must be even harder to get them to be goalies. You'll note from coaching that a lot of the girl keepers tend to be a bit over weight, a case of "well you aren't fast enough outside so we'll put you in goals" I have seen some decent young keepers but not many.

You're right about the bigger-sized goals but that's true for the boys too - when they go up to 11-a-side and full-size pitches then it's goals galore until the defenders recognise what they have to do in terms of positioning, sticking to their man and showing them. Longer-term, big goals are not a bad thing, it's imperative that coaches make sure the keepers don't think they're at fault for conceding goals they would never save, while balancing it out with encouraging good technique.

In my experience, I've not seen girls becoming goalies because they're not confident outfield (and I've seen it with boys) and it's harsh to suggest that the keepers are fatter than the rest - if you're seeing that you should be reporting it, and if it's not acted upon you should make it official.

Ozymandias
05-09-2016, 08:52 PM

You'll also note that its not uncommon for boy keepers to be a overweight, especially at soccer sevens and u13/14. But that's neither here nor there.
The average standard of keepers in the girls game (I cant comment too much on the women's game) is undoubtedly lower than the average in the boys game, especially at younger groups. However, what I can say unequivocally is that there are some keepers in the South East in the older youth groups/ development age teams who are absolutely excellent (Spartans, Linlithgow Rose, Hibs and Hearts in particular have very impressive goalies).

Also just a had a quick look. The range of scores and big scorelines at u15 and above (the only 11-a-side age groups for girls) is very similar for the girls leagues and boys, which suggests the argument of cricket scores isn't valid.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 08:53 PM
G, the important question is - does any of the money paid by the fans via ST/PATG/HSL/Shares go the the CF. I'd wager, not and so it surely removes the argument from the table?

I'm not sure that's the case John, every penny that goes elsewhere is a penny not spent on the team. We could argue this all night, but i have watched this club cut back and cut back over the last few years to the extent we are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for the 3rd year.

Now i don't know how they are funded, or other parts of the community project, but there have been redundancies and cut backs across the board yet we seem to have found money for a minority sport nobody even goes to watch.

Brightside
05-09-2016, 08:58 PM
You'll also note that its not uncommon for boy keepers to be a overweight, especially at soccer sevens and u13/14. But that's neither here nor there.
The average standard of keepers in the girls game (I can comment too much on the women's game) is undoubtedly lower than the average in the boys game, especially at younger groups. However, what I can say unequivocally is that there are some keepers in the South East in the older youth groups/ development age teams who are absolutely excellent (Spartans, Linlithgow Rose, Hibs and Hearts in particular have very impressive goalies).

English FA have changed the pathway and now the top u14s girls will play v the u12s boys etc. Brilliant idea and will only make the girls stronger. Hopefully the same will happen up here as the top team in girls youth are miles ahead of the rest.

ElginHibbie
05-09-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure that's the case John, every penny that goes elsewhere is a penny not spent on the team. We could argue this all night, but i have watched this club cut back and cut back over the last few years to the extent we are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for the 3rd year.

Now i don't know how they are funded, or other parts of the community project, but there have been redundancies and cut backs across the board yet we seem to have found money for a minority sport nobody even goes to watch.

So you don't know how they are funded but you do know there hasn't been cut backs on whatever funding the club is putting toward this? :confused:

Alright then let's close it down, those primary school visits we are currently doing any girls that are interested let just tell them 'Great come watch Hibs, but if you want to play for us sorry we don't allow that sort of thing'.

Sure that would go down really well with potential (and a lot of current) supports

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 09:02 PM
So you don't know how they are funded but you do know there hasn't been cut backs on whatever funding the club is putting toward this? :confused:

Alright then let's close it down, those primary school visits we are currently doing any girls that are interested let just tell them 'Great come watch Hibs, but if you want to play for us sorry we don't allow that sort of thing'.

Sure that would go down really well with potential (and a lot of current) supports

Another who does not read what's actually said.

Mibbes Aye

How would you know what 'most people' think?

How do you even define 'most people'?

What gives you the arrogance to define what 'most people' is?

Jonnyboy

That's my whole point, Gary. The club spends money in a variety of areas and budgets accordingly. Monies from fans go to the manager. Much as I'd like every penny taken in to go to the manager it isn't going to happen, is it?

Ozymandias
05-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Would you be in favour of cutting funding for "Fit fans", Walking Football, or providing resource to charity teams to use ER, despite these funding being minimal? Should anything that costs anything that is not directly linkable to first team success be ruthlessly slashed? Should we employ anybody in the community wing of the club - presumably that's a wasted wage.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 09:07 PM

Did we get relegated as a result of cutbacks?

it was poor management and poor signing choices IMO but feel free to show otherwise?

ElginHibbie
05-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Another who does not read what's actually said.

Only need to read the following

Now i don't know how they are funded

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Would you be in favour of cutting funding for "Fit fans", Walking Football, or providing resource to charity teams to use ER, despite these funding being minimal? Should anything that costs anything that is not directly linkable to first team success be ruthlessly slashed? Should we employ anybody in the community wing of the club - presumably that's a wasted wage.

I'd get duff and Phelps in or whatever that crowd were called that managed to get hertz out of admin and up to the top league quicker than Usain Bolt, and cut back anything that's not Hibs men's team related.

We can look at minority sports when we are a lot healthier, or a billionaire takes us over.

Ozymandias
05-09-2016, 09:22 PM
I'd get duff and Phelps in or whatever that crowd were called that managed to get hertz out of admin and up to the top league quicker than Usain Bolt, and cut back anything that's not Hibs men's team related.

We can look at minority sports when we are a lot healthier, or a billionaire takes us over.

So I'll take that as a yes then that you would cut all community projects carried out by Hibs. Wow.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2016, 09:22 PM

Oh please.

You've been quick enough to slag off Petrie, now you think we should pay thousands to someone to tell us we're already doing the right thing?

You were bigging up your friend Moray before - maybe we should give you our money to keep doing what is working fine for us already :agree:

ElginHibbie
05-09-2016, 09:23 PM

You means Hearts as in the club that currently has a ladies set up similar to ours and did so before admin and while they were romping the league?

Mr White
05-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't believe scrapping the wonen's side would benefit the mens team. Having hibs ladies playing bayern in the wcl helps raise the profile of the club as a whole though imo.

Quite why people who claim to have zero interest in womens football can spend hours racking up hundreds of posts on the subject is beyond my understanding though.

Jay
05-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Hibs ladies dont get funding from the club. They get strips etc and some media coverage but no money. They dont train at east mains but i believe that is due to available times of the facilities.
I think everybody's in agreement that just now the main priority has to be promotion for the club so im sure theres no complaints about any of the above but theyd appreciate all the support we can give them when they get their chance to play at ER.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 09:30 PM
So I'll take that as a yes then that you would cut all community projects carried out by Hibs. Wow.

Yip

Oh please.

You've been quick enough to slag off Petrie, now you think we should pay thousands to someone to tell us we're already doing the right thing?

Are you for real, can you not tell when there is a whoosh moment going on.

You were bigging up your friend Moray before - maybe we should give you our money to keep doing what is working fine for us already :agree:

I dont understand the bit about Moray?

You means Hearts as in the club that currently has a ladies set up similar to ours and did so before admin and while they were romping the league?

I never said they got everything right. :wink:

Brightside
05-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Hibs ladies dont get funding from the club. They get strips etc and some media coverage but no money. They dont train at east mains but i believe that is due to available times of the facilities.
I think everybody's in agreement that just now the main priority has to be promotion for the club so im sure theres no complaints about any of the above but theyd appreciate all the support we can give them when they get their chance to play at ER.

Don't tell BH but we are building a new facility at East Mains for the community side of the club. The girls of all ages will train and play games there. All the younger girls currently train at East mains.

ElginHibbie
05-09-2016, 09:38 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing that the main priority should ever be anything but the men's senior team, but I believe the board will have scrutinized any money going to the ladies team, we are a business at the end of the day and any spend needs to be justifiable. If that amounts to some equipment, some mentions on Twitter and the use of facilities from time to time (East Mains and Easter Road) then so be it.

My sister plays for Elgin City Ladies and they get no support from the men's club, not even the use of the social club for fundraising so I know how hard it can be for ladies teams.

Saturday Boy
05-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't tell BH but we are building a new facility at East Mains for the community side of the club. The girls of all ages will train and play games there. All the younger girls currently train at East mains.

What! They'll be wanting the bl***y vote next :wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2016, 09:40 PM

They will be first down the pan when duff and phelps get in the building.:wink:

ElginHibbie
05-09-2016, 09:43 PM
They will be first down the pan when duff and phelps get in the building.:wink:

I think you are meant to add Tick Tock to the end of chat like that, or at least what the Jambos seem to do when telling us how much trouble we are in

RyeSloan
05-09-2016, 09:44 PM

The girls teams definitely do...you can see them at ER on match days selling happy hibee tickets and the like. That type of involvement in the club engrains long term support.

I've already posted that I have personal experience that Hibs having girls and ladies teams has encouraged at least one kid to become an Easter Road regular and I'm sure that's not unique.

Leanne understands that to build long term support you need to have a deep involvement with the community on a number of levels...the Hibs girls and ladies teams are only one part of that but seem a pretty obvious route into a large, previously pretty untapped, demographic that has clear potential to grow the Hibernian family and thus first team crowds over the long term.

Tamhere1875
05-09-2016, 09:50 PM
We are the HIBERNIAN FAMILY let us never forget that

Tamhere1875
05-09-2016, 09:52 PM

Eyrie
05-09-2016, 09:53 PM
A quick scan of this thread makes it clear that most of the individuals who have posted are supportive of our women's team and there are very few individuals who are dismissive. It's just that the latter can't stop posting about something that they claim to have no time for and, in blackpoolhibs case, keep repeating the same mistaken beliefs about subsidies even when corrected.

Tamhere1875
05-09-2016, 09:53 PM

The thing is you don't pay towards the "mens team" you pay to watch a football game.

RyeSloan
05-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Oh and my kid is a goalie...so anyone making snide remarks about girls only being keepers cause they are fat can come and tell her that to her face next time we are at ER...sure she will be delighted to tell you how wrong you are and how training 3 times a week for her club and country helps to keep the weight off [emoji13]

Brightside
05-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Oh and my kid is a goalie...so anyone making snide remarks about girls only being keepers cause they are fat can come and tell her that to her face next time we are at ER...sure she will be delighted to tell you how wrong you are and how training 3 times a week for her club and country helps to keep the weight off [emoji13]

I didn't say that. But go and look at other teams. In fact even in the SWPL. Not just in the goalie situation either. Its a problem with the sport not being full time and being taken as seriously yet as the mens games. You wouldn't get players like that at mens teams and its something that needs to be improved on. I'm a huge fan of any kids going out and putting the effort in to play the game week in week out.

RyeSloan
05-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Ha ha I wasn't being entirely serious...the women's game clearly still has a long way to go but with the volume of girls now playing football I pretty sure the standard will rise as time goes on.

Jay
06-09-2016, 06:00 AM
Id like to put the record straight on the Hibs Ladies team so some posters on here can sleep better at night, rest assured no money of theirs is going to fund such a thing.

Hibs ladies are self funded, they take no money from your season ticket money or from the mens teams. In fact many of the ladies are big hibbys who go to games, some even buy season tickets and add to the mens pot! They dont get paid and fundraise for anything they need.
The ladies are all in full time education or hold down jobs while training 8-9 times a week, the same as the mens team, some of them sell Happy hibby tickets to help out the other teams. They are very much part of the Hibs family and do their fair share, some would say more than their fair share, while quietly getting on with the business of playing some cracking football - they do it the Hibs way.
They ask for nothing in return for their hard work other than a bit of support, surely rather than moan about the possibility of them getting money (which they dont) or the fact some dont like womans football, we could just pull together and get down to ER to show our appreciation of what they do? At the very least can we not just wish them well if you cant get to the game?

AndyM_1875
06-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Ha ha I wasn't being entirely serious...the women's game clearly still has a long way to go but with the volume of girls now playing football I pretty sure the standard will rise as time goes on.

Of course it will. It's one of the fastest growing sports around.
Hibs ladies and the various community projects we operate have absolutely no impact on the Men's 1st Team or U20s. We are not Barcelona, Real Madrid or one of these English Premiership television basket cases chasing world domination. We are a community club and all the better for it.

Best of luck to the Ladies against Bayern. I'll go along and support them and take the kids.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Of course it will. It's one of the fastest growing sports around.
Hibs ladies and the various community projects we operate have absolutely no impact on the Men's 1st Team or U20s. We are not Barcelona, Real Madrid or one of these English Premiership television basket cases chasing world domination. We are a community club and all the better for it.

Best of luck to the Ladies against Bayern. I'll go along and support them and take the kids.

Instead of this thread there should be another one encouraging folk to go along .... the record for a woman's game in Scotland, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is less than 5,000 ... it would be great if Hibs could break that record, the 5 of us who go to ER every home game are going to this one and I have to say I'm quite looking forward to it.

Its pretty clear from posts by folk who are closer to the ladies team than the vast majority on here that the team funds itself and that must be a hard slog for them on top of training and playing .... I cant think of a single down side to as many folk as possible turning out for the game and taking a little bit of the financial pressure off them. They will also be up against a team of full time professionals many of whom played for the German team that won the Olympic gold medal last month ... it doesn't get any tougher than that and the girls are going to need as much support as possible.

Wembley67
06-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Blimey, I was just highlighting this historic occasion and it's not half gone the way I was expecting :confused:

Brightside
06-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Blimey, I was just highlighting this historic occasion and it's not half gone the way I was expecting :confused:

Every discussion on Womens Fitba goes this way. Might be worth having a sections for the Womens game.

McD
06-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Id like to put the record straight on the Hibs Ladies team so some posters on here can sleep better at night, rest assured no money of theirs is going to fund such a thing.

Hibs ladies are self funded, they take no money from your season ticket money or from the mens teams. In fact many of the ladies are big hibbys who go to games, some even buy season tickets and add to the mens pot! They dont get paid and fundraise for anything they need.
The ladies are all in full time education or hold down jobs while training 8-9 times a week, the same as the mens team, some of them sell Happy hibby tickets to help out the other teams. They are very much part of the Hibs family and do their fair share, some would say more than their fair share, while quietly getting on with the business of playing some cracking football - they do it the Hibs way.
They ask for nothing in return for their hard work other than a bit of support, surely rather than moan about the possibility of them getting money (which they dont) or the fact some dont like womans football, we could just pull together and get down to ER to show our appreciation of what they do? At the very least can we not just wish them well if you cant get to the game?

:applause:

Terrific post, which puts clarity around all aspects of the ladies team.

ehf
06-09-2016, 01:04 PM

:top marks Some shameful posts on this thread.

The Hibee Harp
06-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Prior to Leeann they had to pay for their own kit and raise money to pay for pitches and training facilities. Things have changed for the better but there remains a huge opportunity to expand it.

That's not true underscore. Granted the club have been a lot better to the ladies since Leeann joined but the previous board, including Rod and before the ladies joined the community foundation, supported them financially - although I'm sure they always wanted more. The training centre was offered for use for free but the Ladies chose to move to Broxburn so they could charge supporters to attend which was something they couldn't do at HTC.

The Hibee Harp
06-09-2016, 04:09 PM
The Champions League game is an opportunity for the Hibs support to get behind the girls and support another part of the club. Hibernian Football Club is much bigger than eleven men on a Saturday afternoon. The match is a one-off and should be viewed as such.

This thread has gone off on a not so surprising tangent and there are some the ladies, or women's football, will never win over. For what it's worth, I personally think Hibs do very well by the Ladies. Strips, training facilities, occasional use of Easter Road (which men's Development or U19 don't get), lots of publicity through website and programmes along with a lot of complimentary tickets for home games is not something other amateur clubs get.

They've come a long way from 1997 when they were Preston Athletic and approached Hibs so they could use the name and brand to help capture bigger names in the game.
Back then they asked for permission to use the name and strip and weren't looking for money. If Rod was as against the girls as some seem to think, he could've said no there and then.

PeeJay
06-09-2016, 04:45 PM

Good post - FWIW - I don't actually see any problem with a HIBS team being sponsored, funded, supported, promoted and generally aided by the Club - and its fans - I'm not a great fan of the game as played by women myself, but it's huge here in Germany, and I'm sure Bayern support their team in every way possible. From what I saw of the highlights of the Celtic game some decent football was played by the ladies team ... good luck to them, and I wish them all the best and hope they beat Bayern!

Malthibby
06-09-2016, 07:52 PM

:top marksAbout time Hibs did put a bit your way.
GG

The Harp
06-09-2016, 08:06 PM

Well said Mrs. S. You've clarified the situation excellently. I'll certainly be going along to cheer on the girls on their big night. Hope the Hibs family turn out in big numbers - the girls deserve our support.
'mon the Hibs!

Eyrie
06-09-2016, 08:15 PM

Excellent post.

eastterrace
06-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Id like to put the record straight on the Hibs Ladies team so some posters on here can sleep better at night, rest assured no money of theirs is going to fund such a thing. Hibs ladies are self funded, they take no money from your season ticket money or from the mens teams. In fact many of the ladies are big hibbys who go to games, some even buy season tickets and add to the mens pot! They dont get paid and fundraise for anything they need. The ladies are all in full time education or hold down jobs while training 8-9 times a week, the same as the mens team, some of them sell Happy hibby tickets to help out the other teams. They are very much part of the Hibs family and do their fair share, some would say more than their fair share, while quietly getting on with the business of playing some cracking football - they do it the Hibs way. They ask for nothing in return for their hard work other than a bit of support, surely rather than moan about the possibility of them getting money (which they dont) or the fact some dont like womans football, we could just pull together and get down to ER to show our appreciation of what they do? At the very least can we not just wish them well if you cant get to the game? well said , I was getting bored with Blackpool hibs repeating himself. Let's show a bit support for the girls.

Hibrandenburg
07-09-2016, 06:24 AM
I found out about this game from a German friend who supports Werder Bremen and has no interest in woman's football. That alone points to fact that our ladies have succeeded in raising the profile of the "Hibernian" brand name. That alone (in my opinion) makes supporting our girls worthwhile for the benefit of the whole club. Get behind the girls and get behind Hibs.

WhileTheChief..
07-09-2016, 07:31 AM
I never bothered reading this thread before because I've no interest in women's football but by God it's been a cracking read this morning from start to finish :greengrin

HappyHanlon
07-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Watched the highlights on HibsTV and the striker Harrison took her goals well.

Dinnae see the issue with Woman's football. Let them play!

easty
07-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Every discussion on Womens Fitba goes this way. Might be worth having a sections for the Womens game.

I dinnae pay my tenner for a hibs.net women's team section! I don't know if any my tenner would be used for such a section but if so I'm dead against it.

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2016, 08:28 AM
I dinnae pay my tenner for a hibs.net women's team section! I don't know if any my tenner would be used for such a section but if so I'm dead against it.

Me an aw.

Every penny that's spent on a women's forum takes that penny away from great threads like this one.

exeterhibby
07-09-2016, 08:30 AM

:top marks

franks
07-09-2016, 08:38 AM
I'll be attending the game and hope a few thousand more Hibbies can make it too. I think the ladies deserve recognition and they are representing HFC.

Carheenlea
07-09-2016, 08:44 AM
A couple of my friends have daughters who play football, and I'm going to take one of them along to see this level of women's football. If it's the Thursday I'll bring my own young daughter as schools are off on the Friday with us.
Not going to pretend I'll be firing along every week to watch, but curiosity and occasion has caught my interest for this game, and I think many others will be in the same situation.

Brightside
07-09-2016, 09:23 AM
A couple of my friends have daughters who play football, and I'm going to take one of them along to see this level of women's football. If it's the Thursday I'll bring my own young daughter as schools are off on the Friday with us.
Not going to pretend I'll be firing along every week to watch, but curiosity and occasion has caught my interest for this game, and I think many others will be in the same situation.

Wednesday 5th. Probably 730.

mmmmhibby
07-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Its a straight Aye or Nut whether you like womens fitbaw. That's the truth of it. Too many way off track comments with a heavy smell of political correctness thrown in tae. The lassies are doin well, long may it continue, however i support hibs and for me hibs is the mens team and always will be.

FranckSuzy
07-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I've never really watched woman's football but that said, if Hibs had a entrant in a chess competition (which I hate) I would support our Club 100%. Well done to the ladies for their achievements so far and long may their success continue :not worth:thumbsup:

emerald green
07-09-2016, 10:32 AM

Excellent post. Well said Mrs S. :top marks

Brightside
08-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Its a straight Aye or Nut whether you like womens fitbaw. That's the truth of it. Too many way off track comments with a heavy smell of political correctness thrown in tae. The lassies are doin well, long may it continue, however i support hibs and for me hibs is the mens team and always will be.

Cmon its got nothing to do with political correctness. I like the sport in all its guises. I don't like the womens game coz its the right on thing to do. Its football. Same reason i spend about 30 hrs a week involved in youth football.

mmmmhibby
08-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Cmon its got nothing to do with political correctness. I like the sport in all its guises. I don't like the womens game coz its the right on thing to do. Its football. Same reason i spend about 30 hrs a week involved in youth football.

I stand by my comment, as I said its a straight Aye or Nut. People have different opinions mate, I hope the lassies do well and good on them, however the guys team is the priority. Its my opinion so dinnae go off track on the debate wi a radge reply wi heavy undertones of PC. Its as almost as if yer totally pissed that some of us dinnae have the same opinion regarding the womans team as yersel.....each to there own mate.

marinello59
08-09-2016, 10:14 AM
I stand by my comment, as I said its a straight Aye or Nut. People have different opinions mate, I hope the lassies do well and good on them, however the guys team is the priority. Its my opinion so dinnae go off track on the debate wi a radge reply wi heavy undertones of PC. Its as almost as if yer totally pissed that some of us dinnae have the same opinion regarding the womans team as yersel.....each to there own mate.

I don't think you have read the post you are replying to here. Pretty unfair comment to say the least.

hibee_girl
10-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Wednesday 5th. Probably 730.

Is it definitely the 5th?

Phil MaGlass
10-09-2016, 04:57 PM
My club in The Hague has its own womens team. I am no supporter of womens fitba, but, we have recently had crowds of around 6000, 5000, and 4,000, not only does this bring extra revenue to the club it brings in women and children who have also gone on to support the mens team. It is a win win for the club. The womens team bring a feel good factor to the club, safe enviornment, decent football and they win a few cups and league and play regularly against European teams.They also sell a shed load of merchandise. All good for the club.
Good luck ladies

Sas_The_Hibby
10-09-2016, 05:11 PM
My club in The Hague has its own womens team. I am no supporter of womens fitba, but, we have recently had crowds of around 6000, 5000, and 4,000, not only does this bring extra revenue to the club it brings in women and children who have also gone on to support the mens team. It is a win win for the club. The womens team bring a feel good factor to the club, safe enviornment, decent football and they win a few cups and league and play regularly against European teams.They also sell a shed load of merchandise. All good for the club.
Good luck ladies

Sounds like you ARE a supporter of women's football! :wink:

Phil MaGlass
11-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you ARE a supporter of women's football! :wink:

Hahaha I suppose when I read it again it certainly looks like it.

Brightside
11-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Is it definitely the 5th?

Well that was the manager that told me that...not seen anything on the official site tho.

Halifaxhibby
11-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Me and the mrs will be there...and the bairn. Anything we can do to encourage lassies into the game is good. Raises the profile of the club as well.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

NZ Green
11-09-2016, 05:50 PM

Hibs ladies are self funded....
Me waiting for the nae-sayers reply.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/28/a0/e0/28a0e0624bff529d19cb2c40925bae7a.jpg