PDA

View Full Version : Franz Beckenbauer

Stevie Reid
01-09-2016, 11:42 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37246543

Swiss prosecutors have confirmed they are investigating German football legend Franz Beckenbauer as part of a corruption probe.
In March, football's world governing body Fifa began looking into six men for their part in Germany winning the rights to host the 2006 World Cup.
Swiss prosecutors say they have launched their own investigations, linked to that of Fifa.
Mr Beckenbauer, who headed Germany's bid, has denied corruption.
Last October, he said he made a "mistake" in the bidding process to host the competition, but denied that votes were bought.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Just realised I mistyped his name, if Mods could amend please?

snooky
01-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Swiss prosecutors have confirmed they are investigating German football legend Franz Beckenbauer as part of a corruption probe.
In March, football's world governing body Fifa began looking into six men for their part in Germany winning the rights to host the 2006 World Cup.
Swiss prosecutors say they have launched their own investigations, linked to that of Fifa.
Last October, he said he made a "mistake" in the bidding process to host the competition, but denied that votes were bought.
I'm sure Sepp Blatter will vouch for the Kaiser's honesty.

JimBHibees
01-09-2016, 12:01 PM

The story of the wee Scottish guy coming over to represent the New Zealand FA and vote for South Africa as he was told to do then voting for Germany is classic football deal making. Astounding.

Biggie
01-09-2016, 12:05 PM
it makes you wonder just who ISN'T involved in football at the highest level and doesn't have their finger in the pie.....its just too inviting for them it seems......too much money to be made

Keith_M
01-09-2016, 02:21 PM
First Hoeness and now Beckenbauer. Two Bayern legends down, let's hope they go for some more.

In fact, if they could start investigating their club and uncover some dodgy dealings there as well, that would be just great

:wink:

Paloschi
01-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Can they not just sweeper it under the carpet?

BH Hibs
01-09-2016, 03:04 PM
First Hoeness and now Beckenbauer. Two Bayern legends down, let's hope they go for some more.

In fact, if they could start investigating their club and uncover some dodgy dealings there as well, that would be just great

All of who have or have had strong ties to adidas. Not that I'm saying that adidas done anything wrong. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2016, 03:18 PM
My first football boots were Adidas Beckenbauer Supers, quality footwear! :-)

Peevemor
01-09-2016, 03:21 PM
My first football boots were Adidas Beckenbauer Supers, quality footwear! :-)

Mine too (first with screw in studs anyway). Black with green stripes/trims IIRC.

PeeJay
01-09-2016, 03:29 PM

... in Bayern????? :no way:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Mine too (first with screw in studs anyway). Black with green stripes/trims IIRC.

I dinnae recall the green stripes.

Bishop Hibee
01-09-2016, 04:32 PM

Neither do I or the 'supers' bit. Mine were black with white stripes. 1978 classics!

On topic, did anyone at the top not have their snout in the trough?

Keith_M
01-09-2016, 06:05 PM
... in Bayern????? :no way:

Highly unlikely, I know, but I live in hope

:greengrin

RyeSloan
01-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Neither do I or the 'supers' bit. Mine were black with white stripes. 1978 classics!

On topic, did anyone at the top not have their snout in the trough?

Course not...FIFA has been rotten for years and years (probably always) and there was no other way of getting the World Cup without going into a rotten voting process.

I kind of think this is a bit pointless, every World Cup has almost certainly been won with the use of such slush funds and investigating it over a decade later proves little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
01-09-2016, 07:04 PM

The early-mid 70's ones came with green stipes and trim. Very tasty.

As for corruption in football and der Kaiser. No surprise, the game is rotten to the core.

3pm
01-09-2016, 07:08 PM

You had to pay him extra for those.

The_Sauz
01-09-2016, 07:26 PM
It was more a florescent yellow than a green :wink: Santiago were the plain black with white stripes screw-ins and most popular at the time :agree:

Peevemor
01-09-2016, 08:11 PM
The early-mid 70's ones came with green stipes and trim. Very tasty.

As for corruption in football and der Kaiser. No surprise, the game is rotten to the core.

I reckon it was about 1975/6 that I got mine.

It was more a florescent yellow than a green :wink: Santiago were the plain black with white stripes screw-ins and most popular at the time :agree:

Definitely green and not fluorescent at all.

Hibby Bairn
01-09-2016, 08:34 PM

Red screw in studs. Worn in P7 for D'Mains PS in Warriston League. (Champions of course 😎)

Jonnyboy
01-09-2016, 08:37 PM
My first pair of boots were 'Puma Panther's' and were solid black, no colours :greengrin

therealgavmac
01-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Sure I've posted this in the past..... My first were Puma Hat-Trick with the photie of Pele in the box wi the boots...... Must've been 1970 coz I got the Brazil strip too a la World Cup final against Italy......

Keith_M
02-09-2016, 06:52 AM
My first boots were Asda's own brand crap with moulded studs... but I loved them :greengrin

4WAW
02-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Another vote for Adidas Beckenbauer Supers - mine were definitely green stripes on a black boot, first boots I had with screw in studs. Sad to read that the Kaiser might be caught up in a scandal though, class player who, at his peak, reminded me a bit of John Blackley.