PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: INNES MURRAY SIGNS FOR DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

RSS Bot
01-09-2016, 08:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6764)

Father Ted
01-09-2016, 09:20 AM
I understand from a family acquaintance of Innes' that he is a Hibs supporter and had been on Celtics books for several years. He will no doubt be well known to our manager.

KWJ
01-09-2016, 11:13 AM
His twitter was a little, urm, industrial yesterday. I see it's been made private now probably while he has a clean up. Would assume that was a gentle word from the club.

Welcome to Hibs Innes, good luck!

Craig_HFC
01-09-2016, 11:21 AM
His twitter was a little, urm, industrial yesterday. I see it's been made private now probably while he has a clean up. Would assume that was a gentle word from the club.

What did he say? Not looking for a quote or anything, just the jist of it.

Carheenlea
01-09-2016, 11:29 AM

His name conjours up an image of a posh gentleman - I assume that isn't to be the case..?!

CapitalGreen
01-09-2016, 11:33 AM
What did he say? Not looking for a quote or anything, just the jist of it.

Don't be so nosey

Finn2015
01-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Good luck to him 👍

Brightside
01-09-2016, 12:05 PM

That was someone with the same name taking the piss.

Craig_HFC
01-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Don't be so nosey

:na na:

staunchhibby
01-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Why are we signing players from other clubs to allow them to develop further when letting others go out on loan.

JimboHibs
01-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Why wouldn't we ? The club must feel they can develop him further with coaching the lads only 18,whilst the coaches obviously feel the loanees need competitive game time to further they're training.
Or what's your thoughts on it ???

CapitalGreen
01-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Why are we signing players from other clubs to allow them to develop further when letting others go out on loan.

What are you on about?

Allant1981
01-09-2016, 01:22 PM

Why wouldnt we sign players from others clubs? And the guys we have out on loan obviously arent good enough yet for 1st team at hibs but need first team experience

Wilson
01-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Why wouldnt we sign players from others clubs? And the guys we have out on loan obviously arent good enough yet for 1st team at hibs but need first team experience

That is it exactly. We signed an 18 year old who would benefit from being in our development squad and, maybe being in and around a squad on matchday and getting the odd ten minutes. We loaned out older players - Stanton is 22 - who really need regular first team starts.

Brightside
01-09-2016, 01:28 PM

At a guess they think he will be better that those we are letting go? :wink:

Wilson
01-09-2016, 01:34 PM
At a guess they think he will be better that those we are letting go? :wink:

That isn't certain. An 18 year old from Celtic's academy may not be any more ready for first team football than Sam Stanton. In that case how can he be better? He is signed only on potential and being the right age to realise it.

hibee-boys
01-09-2016, 01:59 PM
That isn't certain. An 18 year old from Celtic's academy may not be any more ready for first team football than Sam Stanton. In that case how can he be better? He is signed only on potential and being the right age to realise it.

I think the bottom line is that Lennon will see that this lad has the potential to step up in the future, I think Stanton's chance has passed.

Humo
01-09-2016, 03:02 PM
What position does he play? Anyone seen him play in youth level?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Brightside
01-09-2016, 03:25 PM

no one said it was certain. why would anyone sign 18y boys?

CRAZYHIBBY
01-09-2016, 03:43 PM
As long as they hide the midori from him everything should be fine......he'll ask mind but he's no tae get it

lucky
01-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Youth football is always a gamble but comparing a development player to Stanton is silly. Sam has failed to break through to the level expected so he's gone on loan. We are now bringing through the next generation to see if they make the grade. That's how academy football works.

Mcpakeisgod
01-09-2016, 04:25 PM
As long as they hide the midori from him everything should be fine......he'll ask mind but he's no tae get it

😂😂😂 gave me a good chuckle on the commute home

basehibby
01-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Youth football is always a gamble but comparing a development player to Stanton is silly. Sam has failed to break through to the level expected so he's gone on loan. We are now bringing through the next generation to see if they make the grade. That's how academy football works.

A wee bit rough on Stanton I think to say he's failed to reach the level expected. He's reached a good level but is competing for the best covered area of our squad right now for me. It's certainly the best thing for him to get regular football now though so the loan option is a good one - he'll improve Dumbarton and so should be a certain start there I think.

Onceinawhile
01-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Stanton wasn't in lennon's plans and this guy currently isn't either.

However we know that Stanton won't improve too much more whereas this guy might.

staunchhibby
01-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Why are you so sure that stanton will not improve any more.Would have thought getting a regular game will not eep up his sharpness.

Onceinawhile
01-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Why are you so sure that stanton will not improve any more.Would have thought getting a regular game will not eep up his sharpness.

Well,he didn't come back from livi a football genius.