PDA

View Full Version : The club store

SkintHibby
31-08-2016, 02:26 PM
I went into the club store this morning to spend a rake of cash on "L' sized items and came out with nothing.

For as long as I can remember the store never has L sized items in stock.

I think they assume we are all humoungus sized or rakes.

200 quid in lost sales today because of cluelessness that has been going on for years.

Gutted. :-(

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 02:28 PM
I went into the club store this morning to spend a rake of cash on "L' sized items and came out with nothing.

200 quid in lost sales today because of cluelessness that has been going on for years.

Sounds like it's time to change your username.

:wink:

carnoustiehibee
31-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Did the same on Saturday, first game since Brondby and the selection was honkin! Used to get good polos baseball caps training gear, also missed out a fortune on income from lack of cup winners gear.

Radge70
31-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Surely it's short for "Skin Tight Hibby"

hongkonghibee
31-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Same for me... I travelled from hongkong and went to see the brondby match, hoping to buy cup final souveniers and the new home top and t-shirts in L size. Nothing! I honestly couldn't find anything i wanted to buy. the club shop has never been great, but it really is really bad now. Its basic stuff to get decent numbers of each size of shirt in. I mean they could permanently sell a simple green t-shirt with white sleeves and a hibs crest on it - always having all sizes in stock as it would never go out of date. I would guess that L size is probably the biggest seller, so order more of that size - its really not that difficult.

RyeSloan
31-08-2016, 03:16 PM

Well they must have sold the lot of them on Saturday as they had plenty when I was buying a home shirt after the game.

To be fair though the sizing this year is mental as a L was required for my 12 year old so you should maybe revisit and look for an XXL as that must be closer to the normal L in the real world.

On a side note they still don't have any of the new keeper tops and had the cheek to be selling last years at full price!

worcesterhibby
31-08-2016, 03:26 PM
I think it's the last year of the current kit supplier, who also run the club shop ?? maybe will improve when it's taken back In-House.

Gmack7
31-08-2016, 03:32 PM
I justvwantvthe cup final dvd, how much longer the wait is doing my nut in

Spudster
31-08-2016, 03:58 PM
I would guess that L size is probably the biggest seller, so order more of that size - its really not that difficult

It can be. If you imagine the lead time for products is 6 months, now imagine a suddenly reinvigorated support due to the cup win 3 months ago, the demographic of that support could easily be on average a size Large. Therefore it's the first size to sell out. To rectify this issue goes back to the lead time. Reduce the lead time by increasing orders, more chance of left over stock = loss. Use UK manufacturing to shorten lead time, this increases the price on products by minimum 50% = loss. There isn't an easy short term solution unfortunately.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 04:06 PM
It can be. If you imagine the lead time for products is 6 months, now imagine a suddenly reinvigorated support due to the cup win 3 months ago, the demographic of that support could easily be on average a size Large. Therefore it's the first size to sell out. To rectify this issue goes back to the lead time. Reduce the lead time by increasing orders, more chance of left over stock = loss. Use UK manufacturing to shorten lead time, this increases the price on products by minimum 50% = loss. There isn't an easy short term solution unfortunately.

The lead time is only 6 months if you are the least important client at the end of a global supply chain.

Do you think Man Utd wait this long for stock?

We need to dump Nike and get someone who will work with us better.

Spudster
31-08-2016, 04:43 PM
The lead time is only 6 months if you are the least important client at the end of a global supply chain.

Of course they don't. They operate in a vastly different market from us (approx 100x the turnover). I wasn't necessarily talking about the Nike merchandise.

GreenT
31-08-2016, 05:02 PM
The shop have been told the DVD should be out in October.

Mr_F
31-08-2016, 05:28 PM

October of what year?

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2016, 05:48 PM

This is new - it was previously said September.

As for the tie set that had been "sourced" and on the way.

Highland_Hibee
31-08-2016, 10:11 PM
There were a lot of folk getting shirts after the match on Saturday, I picked up medium in the home and away and was waiting in line a good 20-30 minutes. Probably a lot of large sold then?

ian cruise
31-08-2016, 10:18 PM
This is new - it was previously said September.

As for the tie set that had been "sourced" and on the way.

Think it was end of September so shop staff might just be hedging their bets by saying g Oct. Still not good enough, they should know the delivery dates for these things, it's not exactly a lot of dates and I'm sure they must be getting asked all the time.

tamig
31-08-2016, 11:46 PM

Bring back le coq I say.

cocopops1875
01-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Bring back le coq I say.

Current templates are very nice too

calumhibee1
01-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Well they must have sold the lot of them on Saturday as they had plenty when I was buying a home shirt after the game.

To be fair though the sizing this year is mental as a L was required for my 12 year old so you should maybe revisit and look for an XXL as that must be closer to the normal L in the real world.

On a side note they still don't have any of the new keeper tops and had the cheek to be selling last years at full price!

The home top sizing is ridiculous. I had to buy a large even though last seasons purple away I had in a medium and in a small it fits me, admittedly a bit neat though. They must have had loads of returns from people not trying it on, ordering online etc.

BullsCloseHibs
01-09-2016, 07:59 AM

I'm a medium all day long but required a large in the new top. A medium is easily a small. I get that modern kits are smaller and tighter but at least stock decent numbers Hibs.

CalgaryHibs
02-09-2016, 09:58 PM

Erm God comment

CalgaryHibs
02-09-2016, 09:59 PM

Sounds like nothing changed ? I use to buy Hibs gear in wick the owner is Hibs daft

mca
02-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Bring back le coq I say.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Erm God comment

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Jones28
02-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Bring back le coq I say.

I agree, loved some of their kits

Dr What If?
02-09-2016, 11:41 PM
I have family in Austria and for christmas visits I always used to go to the store to get stuff for the smaller relatives, always used to have a good choice - some good discounts too - remember the since 1875 stuff? Haven't got anything from there in a while now.
Went in pre season, can't tell you how much I wanted last seasons top with the scottish cup final embroidery under the badge - little surprised to see a wall full of League Cup Final shirts with the embroidery but no Scottish Cup. Also, one kids training top (Avec) with quite a number of pulls on the front. Not impressed with Nike.
Puma, Umbro, Adidas, LQS, Patrick, any would be a step up.

hibby6270
03-09-2016, 02:53 PM
The home top sizing is ridiculous. I had to buy a large even though last seasons purple away I had in a medium and in a small it fits me, admittedly a bit neat though. They must have had loads of returns from people not trying it on, ordering online etc.

Yeah. I'm not the 'smallest' guy in the world but even the the XXL was way to small for me. Having bought 2x the new home top one day last weekend (other for Mrs H6270) had to return them next day for a refund.

The training gear by Avec is much better and closer to what you would call 'correct sizes'.