PDA

View Full Version : Boards silence regarding Cup Final

.Sean.
31-08-2016, 08:18 AM
It's surely no just me that's sick fed up with the boards continuing silence while Rangers and their bum boy pals in the media, especially those storytellers at Daily Record, continue to drag the clubs name through the muck with absolute lies and accusations that have been proved to be false time and time again?

Dempster etc need to come out all guns blazing and call out everyone that's continuing with their bull**** cause it's getting right on my tits. Show a bit of pride and stand up for us as a support, yourselves and the club as a whole ffs.

A good start would be refusing to talk to and banning every photographer and 'journalist' that is employed by or has ties to Weegie rag then calling out Rangers for the numerous embarrassing, exaggerated and hypocritical statements published on their comic of a website and ask them where their condemnation is of the what must be easily 50+ arrests for violence on the pitch, the rammy caused by the support outside with the polis at full time and their full support singing sectarian dirt in unison.

johnbc70
31-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Was probably against this but after seeing the Record repeating the lies about Rangers players being assaulted then agree we should say something.

Mr White
31-08-2016, 08:27 AM
We'll say something when the time is right imo. In the run up to the hearing we're best staying quiet.

Scott Allan Key
31-08-2016, 08:27 AM
It's surely no just me that's sick fed up with the boards continuing silence while Rangers and their bum boy pals in the media, especially those storytellers at Daily Record, continue to drag the clubs name through the muck with absolute lies and accusations that have been proved to be false time and time again?

Dempster etc need to come out all guns blazing and call out everyone that's continuing with their bull**** cause it's getting right on my tits. Show a bit of pride and stand up for us as a support, yourselves and the club as a whole ffs.

A good start would be refusing to talk to and banning every photographer and 'journalist' that is employed by or has ties to Weegie rag then calling out Rangers for the numerous embarrassing, exaggerated and hypocritical statements published on their comic of a website and ask them where their condemnation is of the what must be easily 50+ arrests for violence on the pitch, the rammy caused by the support outside with the polis at full time and their full support singing sectarian dirt in unison.

They (Rangers) brought the game into disrepute themselves with exaggerations and generalised, incendiary statements justifying their pitch invasion. And the sectarian singing from the fans also falls under the remit of strict liability. Lying to get another football club into trouble, not just embellishing the truth is akin to diving to win a penalty. It should be punishable.

zlatan
31-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Fine first then unleash the Petrie

lyonhibs
31-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Let the Huns and their weedgia pals give themselves enough rope to hang themselves with - they're doing a cracking job IMO. Engaging in red top tit-for-tat isn't the Hibs way thankfully.

What one can almost guarantee based on the previous statements Hibs have made on this is that when it does come, it will be worth the wait and the absolute antithesis - in terms of tone and professionalism - of the shrieking, wailing and gnashing of teeth that Traynor et al emanate.

hibbysam
31-08-2016, 08:33 AM

My reply after emailing Leeann regards Keith Jackshun and the Daily Record was as follows:

"My judgement is that what is being reported is neither here nor there at the moment to my task at hand. This may frustrate supporters but there is reason to my judgement.

You will have to trust that we know what we believe in what we doing and that if we react to everything written or said, we would lose focus and get nothing done"

Now, I agree, most things written will be false about a lot of things and I don't expect us to comment on it all, but when it is a total witch-hunt like this then I definitely expect some sort of reaction from the club. It is persistent and totally fabricated lies, and the least that should be done is the Daily Record told to stay well clear of Easter Road.

staunchhibby
31-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Lets wait and hopefuly our board will come out with all guns blazing and put there take on it

GreenCastle
31-08-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm happy with the low key approach.

The zombies on the other hand should think before they speak or send out statements.

Sometimes in life the less said the better as you can open a can of worms.

I'm sure our time will come in the mean time let's focus on cup final winning parties and winning this league.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2016, 08:40 AM
My reply after emailing Leeann regards Keith Jackshun and the Daily Record was as follows:

"My judgement is that what is being reported is neither here nor there at the moment to my task at hand. This may frustrate supporters but there is reason to my judgement.

You will have to trust that we know what we believe in what we doing and that if we react to everything written or said, we would lose focus and get nothing done"

Now, I agree, most things written will be false about a lot of things and I don't expect us to comment on it all, but when it is a total witch-hunt like this then I definitely expect some sort of reaction from the club. It is persistent and totally fabricated lies, and the least that should be done is the Daily Record told to stay well clear of Easter Road.

absolutely :agree:

MrSmith
31-08-2016, 08:40 AM
They are goading us for some unknown purpose? However, we need to stand firm and I guess, legal and due process is being taken care of behind the scenes.

For me, the Scottish government need to intervene to remove this banana republic SFA of ours who are clearly not fit for purpose.

GloryGlory
31-08-2016, 08:43 AM

My view is that a dignified silence, broken only when WE have something to say, is best. Leeann is right. You waste energy responding to egregious media attacks, that most sane, rational people realize are not about reporting reality but are purely sensationalist pandering to the lowest common denominator and their prejudices. Look at the circulation figures for the MSM - falling off a cliff.

By being provoked into responding, you risk being drawn into their seedy little games on their terms. It's a no-win situation, because no matter what we may say, they will still print their propaganda anyway.

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Hibs are doing the correct thing, why get into a bunfight. No point stoking the fire (pun intended), and Hibs are certainly not going to get involved in public spat with such a desperate rag.........................

hibs0666
31-08-2016, 08:47 AM

What is the outcome that you are trying to achieve?

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 08:48 AM
The press are trying to goad Hibs into an argument they can't possibly win.

Hibs fans were on the pitch. At least one Hibs fan has been charged with assaulting a Sevco player.

The only response for Hibs would be to say "it wasn't as bad as you're making out" and that would just open them up to accusations of condoning the behaviour.

Silence, on this occasion, is golden.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 08:51 AM
As George Carlin said, 'never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

I'm quite happy for our Board to stay quiet for the time being and let the Huns burst blood vessels with outrage etc. Once the hearing is over, though, I'd hope that the Club demand an apology (at the very least) from that waste of skin & oxygen that is Keith Jackson & the comic that is the Daily Record. I'd be happier if they banned them from Easter Road though.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 08:53 AM
I'd like to hear from the fans reps on the board about, well, anything!

Hardly heard a peep out of them since they were elected despite their pledges when running for election.

There's been quite a few issues raised on here since the cup final and it would have nice for them to have offered an opinion.

I never saw the point in it in the first place but they are there now so it we be good to know what their purpose is. Pretty sure regular communication with the fans was high up on their agenda.

scoopyboy
31-08-2016, 08:54 AM

It's all about getting it right Sean.

The more you say the more you can get pulled up for.

Love you to bits pal but I would rather go with the Hibs approach than yours.:greengrin

jacomo
31-08-2016, 08:59 AM
They (Rangers) brought the game into disrepute themselves with exaggerations and generalised, incendiary statements justifying their pitch invasion. And the sectarian singing from the fans also falls under the remit of strict liability. Lying to get another football club into trouble, not just embellishing the truth is akin to diving to win a penalty. It should be punishable.

All true, and I imagine will be part of Hibs case.

A good barrister focuses on achieving the best outcome possible, not making noise and bluster in the court room.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 09:02 AM
That's a decent wee email response there from LD.

Why don't Hibs use social media and get wee snippets like that out?

A simple Tweet now and again keeping us updated fills the void and can do away with rumour and speculation.

emerald green
31-08-2016, 09:02 AM
I would imagine the board of Hibernian FC will have taken legal advice on all the issues being debated on this public forum, and will make any announcement at the (correct) time of their choosing.

matty_f
31-08-2016, 09:04 AM
It's all about getting it right Sean.

The more you say the more you can get pulled up for.

Love you to bits pal but I would rather go with the Hibs approach than yours.:greengrin

:agree: Sometimes what you don't say is far more effective than what you do say.

Hi Heid Yin
31-08-2016, 09:06 AM

Hardly heard a peep out of them since they were elected despite their pledges when running for election.

There's been quite a few issues raised on here since the cup final and it would have nice for them to have offered an opinion.

I never saw the point in it in the first place but they are there now so it we be good to know what their purpose is. Pretty sure regular communication with the fans was high up on their agenda.

This is a very good point. I'd forgotten that we had Fans Reps.
Hello? Is anybody out there?

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Hibs silence is right for now I'm sure we will respond at the appropriate time...I'm no lover of Petrie by any means but glad he is in our corner for this particular bout. I do agree tho about a lack of communication from the fans reps on the board - practically zero communication from them which makes u wonder is there a point to having them there??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

snooky
31-08-2016, 09:07 AM
"Never complain. Never explain." Benjamin Disraeli

Big L
31-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Their attitude is throw as much **** as possible and hope it sticks! I agree with our approach, let's hear everything that's said, then put the lie to it rather than get involved in a discussion via the weegie press which we won't win. I do trust LD and on this occasion RP to put our case and hopefully embarrass our accusers.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 09:08 AM
I think Hibs have played a blinder so far and I agree with the sentiment of LD's reply to the poster a few posts up.

We can't respond to every little provocation and every time we did we'd weaken our position.

Hibs must keep quiet publicly, keep their powder dry, comply with the process and vigorously defend themselves/ us (where appropriate - imo the few proven incidents involving Rangers players are indefensible) all in order to minimise our punishment. After the event they might choose to say something.

Rangers are a national embarrassment and their public comments since the cup final have made them a laughing stock. I would imagine that we'd be likewise if we started reacting to the provocation and I'm grateful that Hibs haven't done so.

Yes, deep down there's a bit in all of us that would like Hibs to come out and say it as it is but we must all understand why they can't.

SlickShoes
31-08-2016, 09:15 AM
By the time hibs say anything then it will all have passed and receive no coverage anyway as it doesn't fit anyones agenda other than hibs.

So we may as well get used to the fact we are doing and saying nothing, taking our fine and getting on with life.

Carheenlea
31-08-2016, 09:25 AM
I'm sure there is plenty Hibs would like to say on the matter, but with this obvious deliberate silence for the time being, when they do have something to say it will be well worth hearing.

NZ Green
31-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Newspapers don't have the power they used to. People are more than capable of detecting bulls**t these days. I would just ignore them, it makes them even weaker.

Geo_1875
31-08-2016, 09:29 AM
By the time hibs say anything then it will all have passed and receive no coverage anyway as it doesn't fit anyones agenda other than hibs.

So we may as well get used to the fact we are doing and saying nothing, taking our fine and getting on with life.

I doubt very much that the Hibs board are doing nothing. They are saying nothing because there is nothing to say until the result of the hearing is known. Why waste time and energy getting into a slanging match with The Rangers and the Daily Ranger when it will have no effect on the outcome of the disciplinary case.

banarc7062
31-08-2016, 09:46 AM
We'll say something when the time is right imo. In the run up to the hearing we're best staying quiet.

My thoughts exactly. No point in giving our responses early so that they have time to plan further distortions of the truth. GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Hibs are absolutely doing the right thing here, much as I would love to see us come out all guns blazing and meet these kucking fastards head on, we are best to hold our fire and wait until the SFA, Sevco and the MSM have exhausted every last bit of bile they have at their disposal.

Our best weapon which will come to the fore in the weeks to come if we decide to take the gloves off, is that by any measure you care to apply compared to the folk we have at our disposal in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leeann Dempster the opposition are a bunch of mental midgets.

The SFA ....... Proved time and time again that they couldn't organise a crapping competition in a laxative factory. Or security at their biggest showpiece event for that matter.

The Daily Record .... Such a dazzling example of the pinnacle of journalism that in the 80s they didn't even notice that the owner was spending their pension fund on Champagne and Yachts.

Sevco ..... Where do you even begin.

lord bunberry
31-08-2016, 10:47 AM
I'd like to think the board are waiting until all the inquiries and any punishments have been handed out, but I'm not holding my breath. I thought something was going to be done or even said about our fans treatment at ibrox last season, but as usual nothing happened. I expect the same will happen this time. We'll take our fine and do nothing.

capitals_finest
31-08-2016, 10:48 AM
By being provoked into responding, you risk being drawn into their seedy little games on their terms. It's a no-win situation, because no matter what we may say, they will still print their propaganda anyway.

Well said

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2016, 10:53 AM
My view is that a dignified silence, broken only when WE have something to say, is best. Leeann is right. You waste energy responding to egregious media attacks, that most sane, rational people realize are not about reporting reality but are purely sensationalist pandering to the lowest common denominator and their prejudices. Look at the circulation figures for the MSM - falling off a cliff.

:top marks

marinello59
31-08-2016, 10:59 AM
I'd like to think the board are waiting until all the inquiries and any punishments have been handed out, but I'm not holding my breath. I thought something was going to be done or even said about our fans treatment at ibrox last season, but as usual nothing happened. I expect the same will happen this time. We'll take our fine and do nothing.

Maybe the silence following our last visit to Ibrox was because our fans weren't entirely innocent that day either.
It wasn't a Sevco fan that narrowly missed my 14 year old sons head with a snapped off chair seat, it was a Hibs fan. It wasn't a Sevco fan who knocked my wife to the ground and sent her glasses flying as they went to square up to other fans after we scored , it was another Hibs fan. The same guy spent the rest of the match demanding that the stewards deal with the home fans which was amusing given his own actions. And the guys near us throwing coins in to the home support were Hibs fans as well.
The behaviour of the Ibrox hordes that day was disgusting but the small number of our own who acted just as badly meant any attempts to claim the moral high ground was gone.
The events at the Cup Final and the statements from both Sevco and their media pals is a totally different situation. The club is playing this perfectly so far. It's frustrating but we need to be patient.

lord bunberry
31-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Maybe the silence following our last visit to Ibrox was because our fans weren't entirely innocent that day either.
It wasn't a Sevco fan that narrowly missed my 14 year old sons head with a snapped off chair seat, it was a Hibs fan. It wasn't a Sevco fan who knocked my wife to the ground and sent her glasses flying as they went to square up to other fans after we scored , it was another Hibs fan. The same guy spent the rest of the match demanding that the stewards deal with the home fans which was amusing given his own actions. And the guys near us throwing coins in to the home support were Hibs fans as well.
The behaviour of the Ibrox hordes that day was disgusting but the small number of our own who acted just as badly meant any attempts to claim the moral high ground was gone.
The events at the Cup Final and the statements from both Sevco and their media pals is a totally different situation. The club is playing this perfectly so far. It's frustrating but we need to be patient.
I don't have your confidence that the club is playing this perfectly. If after the dust settles the club come out and defend themselves and the fans against what has been a shocking campaign by the daily record and Rangers themselves, then I will be happy to agree with you. That remains to seen and is a big doubt imo.

Onion
31-08-2016, 11:46 AM
They are goading us for some unknown purpose? However, we need to stand firm and I guess, legal and due process is being taken care of behind the scenes.

For me, the Scottish government need to intervene to remove this banana republic SFA of ours who are clearly not fit for purpose.

Agree Hibs are handling things just fine, while allowing Sevco to make complete fools of themselves. However, bit concerned that the irresponsible and inflammatory articles in media and from Sevco themselves are verging on a call to arms for some form of Sevco retaliation. Everyone knows, Sevco have their share of nutters and maniacs who just need wound up and pointed in the right direction and it's hard not to think the media are playing to them. The SFA should be telling Sevco and the media to calm the **** down, but they've proven to be less than useless in this whole affair, so Hibs may have to do it.

Onion
31-08-2016, 12:13 PM

:agree: Official circulation.

2001 2006 2011 2016

604k 451k 306k 176k

The half life of the desperate Daily Record shows it will be DEAD within 5 years. Thrashings of a dying man :greengrin

The Spaceman
31-08-2016, 12:19 PM
It's the fact we are saying nothing which is winding them up even more. Just ignore it and them, will all be swept under the rug soon enough.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2016, 12:23 PM
The whole club should be focused on the next game, no interest in some pissing contest with the huns.

oneone73
31-08-2016, 01:50 PM

2001 2006 2011 2016

604k 451k 306k 176k

The half life of the desperate Daily Record shows it will be DEAD within 5 years. Thrashings of a dying man :greengrin

You'd be better to look at their revenue figures. Still making a fortune, thanks in no small way to digital income. The brand will be around for a long time to come.

JDHibs
31-08-2016, 02:13 PM

2001 2006 2011 2016

604k 451k 306k 176k

That also coincides with social media becoming more prominent.

Nobody buys papers anymore, its all online. Paper copies will die out within 10 years.

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 02:24 PM
That also coincides with social media becoming more prominent.

Nobody buys papers anymore, its all online. Paper copies will die out within 10 years.

Hope not all the papers die out. Don't fancy sitting on the bog with a laptop to read.

GGTTH

brog
31-08-2016, 02:48 PM
The OP' s reaction is perfectly understandable & I'm sure we're all frustrated at what appears to be a one sided propaganda contest. However our Club has decided to play the long game & having done so they have to see it through to fruition. I have great confidence in LD & I'm sure we will, when the time is right, come out with an appropriate response to the DR, aka The Rangers' rag! Meanwhile why not do as I did & write to the DR telling them you'll no longer buy their excuse of a paper because of their actions. That's the only way to make them take notice & I would encourage you to do this, even if you've never bought the DR in your life!

Argylehibby
31-08-2016, 03:43 PM

The fans rep can't say anything on this and break ranks with the rest of the board. If they give their opinion it will be taken as what the board think not them as individuals. I don't think either pledged to tell us everything that was going on in the boardroom, they wouldn't be elected if they had.

Stantons Angel
31-08-2016, 03:57 PM

The tone of your post indicates your anger and frustration that a lot of our supporters are sure to be feeling.

From the first wailing from Ibrox right after the cup final to todays ridiculous headline in the DR the whole episode has set out to discredit Hibs in every way they can.
Hibs could have come out publicly and called their bluff only for them to throw more dirt and alegations against out name. We didnt and look at what happened to the accusations that the players were assaulted etc then. The enquiry never mentioned a thing about that at all.

The Rangers fc did not appreciate the SFA INDEPENDENT enquiry not pulling Hibs over the coals either. They set about questioning the guy who undertook the enquiry asking to meet him to discuss his remarks...... or try and change his mind to their way of thinking!

If Hibs had come out on any of the childish ill informed comments or attacks from these unbelievable headcases, it would have turned into a school playground fight. Which we have no wish to be paaart of. Why bring ourselves down to their levels, when this is all they want us to do.

The enquiry told it how it happened but did not go as far as condemning the sectarian bile we had to listen to from the beginning to the end of the game. How the DR can today reiterate the crap about the players getting assaulted after the players concerned have themselves or close family members, confirmed they have not been touched?

Hibs will not let them away with bringing our club into disrepute, dont worry about that! Petrie and leeane are smart cookies in the respect of holding their own in face to face discussions. They will not want to be part of a slanging match like they want.But i guess thats their way of working after all they have already been found guilty of illegal dealings with their pensions schemes. IMO they should have been stripped of the titles they won with the players they could not afford to pay.

We as a club will get hit hard a the hearings and that is the price we pay for entering the field of play.

snedzuk
31-08-2016, 04:23 PM
The tone of your post indicates your anger and frustration that a lot of our supporters are sure to be feeling.

From the first wailing from Ibrox right after the cup final to todays ridiculous headline in the DR the whole episode has set out to discredit Hibs in every way they can.
Hibs could have come out publicly and called their bluff only for them to throw more dirt and alegations against out name. We didnt and look at what happened to the accusations that the players were assaulted etc then. The enquiry never mentioned a thing about that at all.

The Rangers fc did not appreciate the SFA INDEPENDENT enquiry not pulling Hibs over the coals either. They set about questioning the guy who undertook the enquiry asking to meet him to discuss his remarks...... or try and change his mind to their way of thinking!

If Hibs had come out on any of the childish ill informed comments or attacks from these unbelievable headcases, it would have turned into a school playground fight. Which we have no wish to be paaart of. Why bring ourselves down to their levels, when this is all they want us to do.

The enquiry told it how it happened but did not go as far as condemning the sectarian bile we had to listen to from the beginning to the end of the game. How the DR can today reiterate the crap about the players getting assaulted after the players concerned have themselves or close family members, confirmed they have not been touched?

Hibs will not let them away with bringing our club into disrepute, dont worry about that! Petrie and leeane are smart cookies in the respect of holding their own in face to face discussions. They will not want to be part of a slanging match like they want.But i guess thats their way of working after all they have already been found guilty of illegal dealings with their pensions schemes. IMO they should have been stripped of the titles they won with the players they could not afford to pay.

We as a club will get hit hard a the hearings and that is the price we pay for entering the field of play.

I have a much wider concern here and it is that the constantsniping at Hibs from Sevco and their allegiants since the final whistle playsto the lowest common denominator (and it is pretty low) of their so calledfans. I am of the view that the safety of Hibernian supporters and possiblyplayers and staff is being compromised by this constant finger pointing andthat the next time the two sides meet at Hunbrox there will be some sort of seriousincident – which I hope to be wrong about but that’s where this is heading.
On the clubs silence ( and on a purely personal point of gratification)I also pray that there will be a day when Hibs will have the casting vote on sendingSevco to bankruptcy oblivion never to return – it would be worth keeping quietfor that day if it ever comes.

O'Rourke3
31-08-2016, 04:32 PM
The fans rep can't say anything on this and break ranks with the rest of the board. If they give their opinion it will be taken as what the board think not them as individuals. I don't think either pledged to tell us everything that was going on in the boardroom, they wouldn't be elected if they had.

Beat me to it.

Bostonhibby
31-08-2016, 05:42 PM
The more I hear the rangers spouting and blustering that their particular views are not being listened to (so far) the more I think our clubs approach is the right one for the moment, I do expect a reply, but one that is a bit more measured, appropriately timed and outwardly understandable than what is emanating from a club that is run by a glib and shameless liar with a string of related convictions.The same goes for the views of their assorted hangers on.

They are dinosaurs, most rational thinkers can work it out for themselves, other facts speak for themselves - such as the 11 seconds it took the the's fans to get onto the pitch, the sheer number of non hibs fans who the police have charged with violent disorder, the singing of banned hate songs that were beamed round the world and their clubs refusal to condemn it, Flares being set off in the new boys end (ironically timed to greet Stokes goal!) etc..

Leave them to it I say, everyone can have a good laugh at their frustration at their inability to bend things their way and their increasingly bonkers means of achieving it.

tamig
31-08-2016, 05:59 PM
The club will say their piece at the hearing in October. As usual, Hibs will conduct their business in the correct manner. I am sure they will present an excellent fact based case. No need to say anything before then.

Joe6-2
31-08-2016, 05:59 PM

I've said this for weeks, I'm sick it these liars getting away this

SunshineOnLeith
31-08-2016, 06:00 PM
The Rangers are like a toddler having a tantrum, the best thing to do is just let them tire themselves out and ignore them.

Plus it's really, really funny.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 06:04 PM

On this specific issue I agree.

Recent complaints on here include Cup Winning merchandise, loyalty scheme, pies, Behind The Goals....

They can't comment on any of that? What was the purpose of the role again?

Andy74
31-08-2016, 06:11 PM
On this specific issue I agree.

Recent complaints on here include Cup Winning merchandise, loyalty scheme, pies, Behind The Goals....

They can't comment on any of that? What was the purpose of the role again?

They might not be able to comment on private board discussions but the roles are there to provide representation and communication for fans.

There should be an element of consultation and at least providing some measure of the board's thoughts on certain matters.

Let's be honest that the individuals elected didn't have the skills or backgrounds to ordinarily hold a board position so they aren't there just to add their personal insights. I'd be in favour of binning both positions if any review takes place at the end of their terms. I don't see what is added from a fans' point of view other than a couple of us getting to enjoy being on the board for a bit.

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 06:14 PM

I've been hearing that for three months. Just when will the time be right?

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 06:17 PM
. I don't see what is added from a fans' point of view other than a couple of us getting to enjoy being on the board for a bit.

Agreed. Was always going to be the case and I'd also bin the role at the earliest opportunity.

SunshineOnLeith
31-08-2016, 06:17 PM
I've been hearing that for three months. Just when will the time be right?

On anything that could constitute a crime, once the police and the courts have finished dealing with it. If at all. Frankly, The Rangers' rants about their players being assaulted don't merit any response.

On anything to do with breaking SFA rules, if and when we're actually found guilty of doing so.

Brizo
31-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Its not just the tabloids that are continuing peddling the lies about the The Rangers players being attacked. I turned off Radio Scotlands fitba programme after 5 minutes tonight.

The thinking mans hun Graham Spiers "tow the party line" replies to hun presenter Kenny McIntyres loaded questions showed that the BBC is as bad as the The Rangers propaganda comic the ****** when it comes to perpetuating the disinformation. The other guest Derek Fergushun sounded like he was reading straight from the front page of the ******.... and he probably was as I doubt he could form a joined up sentence of that length without it being provided for him.

FWIW I too think Hibs are taking the right approach. The GFA, Polis Glasgow and the BBC are all lined up alongside the The Rangers and their tabloid chums to highlight the Hibs fans misbehaviour while sweeping der huns behaviour as far under Spiers Union Jack carpet as they can.

I'm confident that when Hibs are called to state their case in October they will be armed with enough facts to put to bed the blatant lies which have been put out by the The Rangers and their cronies.

Pete
31-08-2016, 06:20 PM
This is infuriating as mud definitely sticks. The law is dealing with the offenders and the SFA are acting within their powers but Sevco and the media are sending this unchallenged message that we are getting off lightly. Strange that they don't have any complaints about the SFA's lack of powers when they sing provocative/illegal songs every week.

I see they have once again endorsed anger amongst their supporters. I would limit their allocation to 500 tickets they next time they come here until they learn that these thinly veiled rallying cries and incitements are unacceptable.

Edit: maybe a separate fan rep thread can be made. It's a bit irrelevant.

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 06:24 PM
On anything that could constitute a crime, once the police and the courts have finished dealing with it. If at all. Frankly, The Rangers' rants about their players being assaulted don't merit any response.

On anything to do with breaking SFA rules, if and when we're actually found guilty of doing so.

Sorry, but our Club and Fans are slandered almost daily in the Media, with a barrage of lies, while the Sectarian Bigots from Ibrox are considered to be above any criticism:

EVERY Rangers Player was apparently assaulted on the pitch.

The Rangers fans only sung sectarian songs or entered the pitch to attack Hibs Fans because of intolerable goading from Hibs Fans, and the wee angels are above reproach.

The Cup Final violence was worse than the 1980 Hampden Riot.

SunshineOnLeith
31-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Sorry, but our Club and Fans are slandered almost daily in the Media, with a barrage of lies, while the Sectarian Bigots from Ibrox are considered to be above any criticism:

EVERY Rangers Player was apparently assaulted on the pitch.

The Rangers fans only sung sectarian songs or entered the pitch to attack Hibs Fans because of intolerable goading from Hibs Fans, and the wee angels are above reproach.

The Cup Final violence was worse than the 1980 Hampden Riot.

So? Anyone with half a brain cell knows that's a pile of w*nk.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Agreed. Was always going to be the case and I'd also bin the role at the earliest opportunity.

Try speaking to them and asking them what they do.

Amit was in the East on Saturday, I spoke to him and I'm sure he'd welcome any communication via e-mail.

If our club was performing the way it was 2 years ago I'd be inclined to agree with you but we're not. We're doing well on the park, seem to be doing well off it too. I've possibly never been happier with the way things are with Hibs at boardroom level.

He's an approachable guy and I'm sure he'd answer any questions you had.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Could Hibs legibly ban The Rangers fans from our next home game against them based on the fact we do not condone sectarianism and do not wish to hear it in our stadium? I guess not but worth asking.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2016, 09:49 PM
I don't have your confidence that the club is playing this perfectly. If after the dust settles the club come out and defend themselves and the fans against what has been a shocking campaign by the daily record and Rangers themselves, then I will be happy to agree with you. That remains to seen and is a big doubt imo.

I have the same doubts to be honest.

I think there's a danger that, by saying nothing, Hibs are somehow accepting that what the Daily Record and Sevco are accusing us of is all true.

I do get the argument behind a dignified silence but I'm not convinced that it's the best approach.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-08-2016, 10:03 PM
As George Carlin said, 'never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

I'm quite happy for our Board to stay quiet for the time being and let the Huns burst blood vessels with outrage etc. Once the hearing is over, though, I'd hope that the Club demand an apology (at the very least) from that waste of skin & oxygen that is Keith Jackson & the comic that is the Daily Record. I'd be happier if they banned them from Easter Road though.

:agree:

Everyone else in Scottish football know they are a bunch of trumpets

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 10:10 PM
I have the same doubts to be honest.

I think there's a danger that, by saying nothing, Hibs are somehow accepting that what the Daily Record and Sevco are accusing us of is all true.

I do get the argument behind a dignified silence but I'm not convinced that it's the best approach.

I think everyone shares the frustration at having to read or listen to the Huns whinging with the D Ranger/BBC in tow while the hibernian board maintain a dignified silence.

However the excuses used by the Huns when defending their thugs who came on the pitch to attack the mostly joyous Hibs fans are pathetic and is evident to most.

Hibernian can't come out and defend the fans who ran on the pitch as it was technically wrong and they would be seen to be condoning technically wrongful actions however celebratory they were. The board would have discussed it at length and in great detail and probably decided to maintain a dignified silence while the Huns with the succulent lamb scottish media have come across like a bunch of tell-tale school children who take great pleasure in seeing people punished.

I did not enter the pitch on that great day but do not criticise those who did as it was a historic very emotional day.

Captain Trips
31-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Somebody stated on here once "The Rangers, Offended by Everything Ashamed of Nothing"

Sir David Gray
31-08-2016, 10:25 PM
I think everyone shares the frustration at having to read or listen to the Huns whinging with the D Ranger/BBC in tow while the hibernian board maintain a dignified silence.

However the excuses used by the Huns when defending their thugs who came on the pitch to attack the mostly joyous Hibs fans are pathetic and is evident to most.

Hibernian can't come out and defend the fans who ran on the pitch as it was technically wrong and they would be seen to be condoning technically wrongful actions however celebratory they were. The board would have discussed it at length and in great detail and probably decided to maintain a dignified silence while the Huns with the succulent lamb scottish media have come across like a bunch of tell-tale school children who take great pleasure in seeing people punished.

I did not enter the pitch on that great day but do not criticise those who did as it was a historic very emotional day.

I don't see anyone, apart from us on this forum, laughing at Sevco's ramblings. The media appear to be taking their statements seriously and a lot of people believe what they read in the papers, especially if they don't take the time or effort to read deeper into the story.

If Hibs were to respond to these claims, the media would be obliged to at least report on any statements we make, even if they don't put the same spin on them as they do with any of Sevco's statements.

It's one thing to condone the fans who went onto the pitch (I'm not suggesting that Hibs do that) and another thing to refute some of the ridiculous allegations being made against our club's fans by Sevco and also the Daily Record and others within the media. It's not right that they are being allowed to say what they like without even being remotely challenged.

Stantons Angel
31-08-2016, 10:26 PM

Hibernian can't come out and defend the fans who ran on the pitch as it was technically wrong and they would be seen to be condoning technically wrongful actions however celebratory they were. The board would have discussed it at length and in great detail and probably decided to maintain a dignified silence while the Huns with the succulent lamb scottish media have come across like a bunch of tell-tale school chil dren who take great pleasure in seeing people punished.

[QUOTE=snedzuk;4807533]I have a much wider concern here and it is that the constantsniping at Hibs from Sevco and their allegiants since the final whistle playsto the lowest common denominator (and it is pretty low) of their so calledfans. I am of the view that the safety of Hibernian supporters and possiblyplayers and staff is being compromised by this constant finger pointing andthat the next time the two sides meet at Hunbrox there will be some sort of seriousincident – which I hope to be wrong about but that’s where this is heading.
On the clubs silence ( and on a purely personal point of gratification)I also pray that there will be a day when Hibs will have the casting vote on sendingSevco to bankruptcy oblivion never to return – it would be worth keeping quietfor that day if it ever comes.

[/QUOTE

I too am not looking forward to going through there if drawn against them at Ibrox.
We all know that the treatment they dish out will not be noticed as their biased police officers on duty will as usual turn a blind eye on anything happening unless its HIBS supporters getting the blame. there will be no protection given to either our players or support. They are just animals and this sort of trait is carried through their DNA.

Lets hope the club stick it to them before we go through and ensure the safety of their players and supporters.

No wonder i call it the "cauldron of hate"

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2016, 10:34 PM
The club will say their piece at the hearing in October. As usual, Hibs will conduct their business in the correct manner. I am sure they will present an excellent fact based case. No need to say anything before then.

While I agree with you that Hibs will present a very well thought out case at the hearing, I think the problem will be that decisions will be made on punishment before the hearing. The Huns repeated claims of outrage, and the support of the Hun media, will encourage the already Hun sympathetic SFA to throw the book at us. Silence from Hibs could backfire on us spectacularly.

Don't rule out a ban for Hibs participating in this season's Scottish Cup.

High-On-Hibs
31-08-2016, 10:40 PM
If they think we're getting away with this lightly, then good! The more seethe generated the better. I don't know why people on here are getting upset. We've got nothing to be upset about. All the p!sh they're spouting is providing hilarious entertainment. Sit back, relax and enjoy watching them self destruct.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2016, 10:42 PM
This is infuriating as mud definitely sticks. The law is dealing with the offenders and the SFA are acting within their powers but Sevco and the media are sending this unchallenged message that we are getting off lightly. Strange that they don't have any complaints about the SFA's lack of powers when they sing provocative/illegal songs every week.

I see they have once again endorsed anger amongst their supporters. I would limit their allocation to 500 tickets they next time they come here until they learn that these thinly veiled rallying cries and incitements are unacceptable.

Edit: maybe a separate fan rep thread can be made. It's a bit irrelevant.

This is something I have alluded to on the other thread on this subject ...... to my mind this has gone way past events on the 21st of May and has now become a thinly veiled attempt by Sevco to extract their long promise revenge for ... A) Rod Petrie's "sporting integrity" comment. B) The Scott Allan saga. C) Us beating them in the cup final. How else do you explain the lengths they appear to be willing to go to to see Hibs crucified over the 21st of May.

Never mind anger amongst their supporters, they are doing a bloody good job of stoking up hatred for them amongst the Hibs support ..... in light of the conduct of Sevco towards our club since the cup final is there a Hibs fan out there who can honestly say their dislike of Hearts is not surpassed by their dislike of Sevco ....... As far as I'm concerned Sevco seem determined to make this matter personal between the two clubs, if that is the way they want to play it I for one would totally support Hibs if they refused to give them any tickets at all the next time they are scheduled to come to Easter Road.

hibsbollah
31-08-2016, 10:51 PM
While I agree with you that Hibs will present a very well thought out case at the hearing, I think the problem will be that decisions will be made on punishment before the hearing. The Huns repeated claims of outrage, and the support of the Hun media, will encourage the already Hun sympathetic SFA to throw the book at us. Silence from Hibs could backfire on us spectacularly.

Don't rule out a ban for Hibs participating in this season's Scottish Cup.

I'm surprised at the naïveté of some who assume the punishment will fit even the alleged version of the 'crime'. The book is going to be thrown at us and I'm not sure that the 'dignified silence' that we have oh-so-cleverly been keeping will seem so sensible at that point. We should have been making our case much more strongly and much more publicly.

kaimendhibs
31-08-2016, 10:51 PM
This is something I have alluded to on the other thread on this subject ...... to my mind this has gone way past events on the 21st of May and has now become a thinly veiled attempt by Sevco to extract their long promise revenge for ... A) Rod Petrie's "sporting integrity" comment. B) The Scott Allan saga. C) Us beating them in the cup final. How else do you explain the lengths they appear to be willing to go to to see Hibs crucified over the 21st of May.

Never mind anger amongst their supporters, they are doing a bloody good job of stoking up hatred for them amongst the Hibs support ..... in light of the conduct of Sevco towards our club since the cup final is there a Hibs fan out there who can honestly say their dislike of Hearts is not surpassed by their dislike of Sevco ....... As far as I'm concerned Sevco seem determined to make this matter personal between the two clubs, if that is the way they want to play it I for one would totally support Hibs if they refused to give them any tickets at all the next time they are scheduled to come to Easter Road.
Agree. Give then no tickets for er next time we are to play them here

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
31-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Could Hibs legibly ban The Rangers fans from our next home game against them based on the fact we do not condone sectarianism and do not wish to hear it in our stadium? I guess not but worth asking.

I would ****ing love my club even more than I do if it did that. And why not?

High-On-Hibs
31-08-2016, 11:13 PM

Well we could offer them zero seats. We could also dedicate the match to the victims of sectarian violence with the club offering to contribute a % of match day ticket sales to the cause, which could motivate more Hibs fans to turn up and fill up the South Stand.

Will probably never happen. But would be most amusing.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2016, 11:18 PM

For years the Huns have wrung their hands and insisted that it would be unfair to sanction the actual football club because the actions of their fans is outwith their control and they say they have made genuine efforts to stop the sectarian behaviour in their support. And yet this same club are now demanding that Hibs are punished for actions by a tiny minority of our fans, which wasn't even a decades long problem we had failed to address like theirs, but a one off incident we couldn't possibly have controlled on the day.

Shameless hypocrisy at its worst and incredibly damaging to Hibs as a club ..... In those circumstances I wouldn't just want to see Hibs ban Sevco fans from Easter Road accompanied by a very public statement that they do not want to subject the clubs fans or staff to any more sectarianism ..... I wouldn't just want to see it, I would demand it and I hope every Hibs fan would too.

tamig
31-08-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm surprised at the naïveté of some who assume the punishment will fit even the alleged version of the 'crime'. The book is going to be thrown at us and I'm not sure that the 'dignified silence' that we have oh-so-cleverly been keeping will seem so sensible at that point. We should have been making our case much more strongly and much more publicly.

We get to put our case forward at the hearing. That's the point of it. No point spouting to all and sundry beforehand like the hun. Their red top rag continues to peddle the players assaulted fable but it's a fabrication and not covered in the report or in the compliance guy's "notice of complaint". Nothing to be gained commenting on that just yet.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2016, 05:45 AM
We get to put our case forward at the hearing. That's the point of it. No point spouting to all and sundry beforehand like the hun. Their red top rag continues to peddle the players assaulted fable but it's a fabrication and not covered in the report or in the compliance guy's "notice of complaint". Nothing to be gained commenting on that just yet.

We should give them no tickets.

Furthermore, We should get a huge bsnner behind the goals so the tv cameras cant miss it that says - this section for visiting supporters is empty as hibernian fc will not tolerate anti-catholic bigotry or anti-irish racism in our stadium.

Someone needs to publicly shame them and the authorities, and media embarrassment is the way to do it.

I would buy a ticket for a seat under said banner too if money was the issue

mjhibby
01-09-2016, 05:56 AM
I'm not sure making a statement will make any difference to any possible fine. As sevco are charged with roughly the same as us there shouldn't be a big gap in the fines handed out. Also the Gfa will be wary of the size of the fine as should either of the bigot bros go off one in the future they would then get a much bigger fine. My only gripe is there was no comment of the sevco v well play off game where the govan hordes were much worse thereby showing they had form for what they did on may 21. I'm more than happy to leave it to pitbull Petrie and the calm Leeanne to deal with what comes our way. Wont make a jot of difference to the most momentous of days. I'm sure they are just dragging it out so it fades from the memory. I'd rather our board behaves as they have done as opposed to sevcos fans with typewriters,totally unprofessional and frankly utterly embarrassing behaviour of the sevco.

GloryGlory
01-09-2016, 06:07 AM
[QUOTE=Sir David Gray;4808158]

If Hibs were to respond to these claims, the media would be obliged to at least report on any statements we make, even if they don't put the same spin on them as they do with any of Sevco's statements.

QUOTE]

Oh, maybe, but you can be sure that whatever Hibs say, the words will be spun, quoted selectively and taken out of context to put the worst possible light on it.

"Ludicrous Hibs try to avoid responsibility in shameful 'statement' on supporters' violence"

lucky
01-09-2016, 06:37 AM
Petrie is a head honcho at the SFA and will exactly know what the SFA are planning and will also know how to behave. The comments by The Rangers are widely viewed by football supporters as laughable. Most know Rangers have got away with sectarian singing and behavior for years. It should also be noted that their fans ran onto the pitch within 11 seconds of Hibs. Their fans set of flares and sung sectarian songs. The vast majority of "fans" arrested so far are Rangers supporters including the thug that used the corner flag to attack Hibs supporters.

We should keep our powder dry until the hearing.

I think Hibs and our fans should treat the DR with contempt. Refuse interviews as a club and fans not buy it.

As for the fans reps they must stay silent on this issue but sadly I don't think the role had worked out as they appear to have become another blazer. We've had no comment on the way we were treated at Ibrox, behind the goals food, cup final merchandise and other issues.

lyonhibs
01-09-2016, 06:59 AM
I don't see anyone, apart from us on this forum, laughing at Sevco's ramblings. The media appear to be taking their statements seriously and a lot of people believe what they read in the papers, especially if they don't take the time or effort to read deeper into the story.

It's one thing to condone the fans who went onto the pitch (I'm not suggesting that Hibs do that) and another thing to refute some of the ridiculous allegations being made against our club's fans by Sevco and also the Daily Record and others within the media. It's not right that they are being allowed to say what they like without even being remotely challenged.

I can confirm that every one of my non Hun mates can see these press releases for what they are. Not that that guarantees this is the case across the board, but I'm willing to bet there's not many Celtc, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Kilmarnock etc fans reading them going "yep, seems legit. I too am shocked that Rangers' grievances aren't being properly bowed down to"

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2016, 07:10 AM

The Rangers have made themselves look like total bell-ends to the entire sporting world with a series of press releases that vacilate between whiny, hilariously self-righteous and deluded and sound a hell of a lot like they were written by a recently dumped and borderline illiterate teenager who thinks they're a wonderful writer.

Their response to being hauled up on a compliance issue is cringeworthy.
Their position seems to be that because their supporters started doing the same thing as the Hibs support a few seconds later that means they're innocent.

They look like total ******ing idiots. Why on earth would we get into it with them and make ourselves look just as petty?

Also, banning people from ER who say stuff we don't like - however ******ed or biased what they say may be - makes us look petulant and childish. The Daily Record is gobs**te so I don't read it. Trying to change it is like trying to fart louder than thunder. Arguing with idiots is just a complete waste of energy.

If the DR says anything libelous then the club can and will take legal action.

There's also this belief that the club should defend our supporters whatever.
I am seriously uncomfortable with that not least because it's exactly what the hun do:
"Your fans rioted in Manchester"
"Ah yes, but the big screen telly in the town square broke down"
"Your fans rioted in Romania"
"Ah yes, but there weren't enough turnstyles opened to get them in on time after they rocked up pissed at the last minute"

For what it's worth I think the fans pouring on to the pitch made a great end to a wonderful performance by the team but that's not the same as expecting the club to publicly defend people who knew fine well they shouldn't be on the pitch and that in doing so they would cause problems for the club.

Springbank
01-09-2016, 07:59 AM
The Rangers have made themselves look like total bell-ends to the entire sporting world with a series of press releases that vacilate between whiny, hilariously self-righteous and deluded and sound a hell of a lot like they were written by a recently dumped and borderline illiterate teenager who thinks they're a wonderful writer.

Their response to being hauled up on a compliance issue is cringeworthy.
Their position seems to be that because their supporters started doing the same thing as the Hibs support a few seconds later that means they're innocent.

They look like total ******ing idiots. Why on earth would we get into it with them and make ourselves look just as petty?

Also, banning people from ER who say stuff we don't like - however ******ed or biased what they say may be - makes us look petulant and childish. The Daily Record is gobs**te so I don't read it. Trying to change it is like trying to fart louder than thunder. Arguing with idiots is just a complete waste of energy.

If the DR says anything libelous then the club can and will take legal action.

There's also this belief that the club should defend our supporters whatever.
I am seriously uncomfortable with that not least because it's exactly what the hun do:
"Your fans rioted in Manchester"
"Ah yes, but the big screen telly in the town square broke down"
"Your fans rioted in Romania"
"Ah yes, but there weren't enough turnstyles opened to get them in on time after they rocked up pissed at the last minute"

For what it's worth I think the fans pouring on to the pitch made a great end to a wonderful performance by the team but that's not the same as expecting the club to publicly defend people who knew fine well they shouldn't be on the pitch and that in doing so they would cause problems for the club.

I seem to remember a previous Rangers knocking us out the Scottish cup during the ebt financial doping and cheating years.
In a way, their cheating made a significant contribution to the joy we eventually were eventually engulfed in on 21 may 2016, as we had waited 114 years, of playing by the rules, to enjoy that moment at the expense of people like Rangers (old and new).

and on the subject of tickets for,the away end, I would give rangers just 276 tickets (one for each business, charity, emergency service and public purse that their old club owed money to,when it died)

and I would arrange those 276 tickets in such a way that when they sit down they would form a human spelling of the word "CHEATS"

that would do it

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2016, 08:11 AM

Furthermore, We should get a huge bsnner behind the goals so the tv cameras cant miss it that says - this section for visiting supporters is empty as hibernian fc will not tolerate anti-catholic bigotry or anti-irish racism in our stadium.

Someone needs to publicly shame them and the authorities, and media embarrassment is the way to do it.

Unless we sell the ground ourselves, we would be turning money away.....

For those saying no tickets for Ibrox, don't agree, up to fans whether they want to go or not....

Worse places for football, i.e Turkey....

hibbysam
01-09-2016, 08:19 AM

For those saying no tickets for Ibrox, don't agree, up to fans whether they want to go or not....

If we carry the momentum we have just now, by the time we go up next year we could quite comfortably have an additional 2/3000 season ticket holders next summer, meaning there shouldn't be any need to give Rangers and Celtic the whole end. Money won't be an issue next year with the raised revenue from outwith and within the club.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2016, 08:25 AM

Ok, so we hate anti catholic bigotry, unless it makes us money.

Exactly the attitude that had got scottish fitba into this situation.

marinello59
01-09-2016, 08:26 AM
If we carry the momentum we have just now, by the time we go up next year we could quite comfortably have an additional 2/3000 season ticket holders next summer, meaning there shouldn't be any need to give Rangers and Celtic the whole end. Money won't be an issue next year with the raised revenue from outwith and within the club.

Money will always be an issue for Hibs. That's the reality of Scottish fitba. Refusing to sell them tickets will only hurt ourselves.

oneone73
01-09-2016, 08:26 AM
If we draw them in The Cup, think we're contractually obliged to give them 20% or so?

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Aye OK then:aok:

Whats with the Cellic reference in your handle?

marinello59
01-09-2016, 08:38 AM

Nobody has said anything like that.

bigwheel
01-09-2016, 08:42 AM

I'm of quite a different opinion on this. Whilst I 100% support anti-discrimination of any sort. Religion, Sexuality, Race. I actually think the approach taken against these types of chants etc is not the right approach.

I don't care what they sing. Their songs have never got me angry - I just shake my head and laugh - it reflects on the values of the fan base and the club - shows their ignorance...they can fuel up on their misguided hate, dive deep into it, sing whatever they want - we should just let them. And laugh at them.

It simply reminds me of the worthless values that have been created by Sevco and most of their fanbase. It's why they have never become a big brand anywhere outside of Scotland. It keeps them where they belong, in the gutter.

jax67
01-09-2016, 08:42 AM

Yep, I have a sneaking suspicion that Dempster, Petrie etc are just biding their time.

brog
01-09-2016, 09:06 AM

I don't mean this badly but I think you're the one who's being a little naive. The Sheriff's report, the Police Scotland statement & the Compliance Officer's charges are all carefully worded & follow the same pattern. THE CO in particular has gone out his way to focus on the areas of disorder that affected both clubs, ie the lowest common denominator. He hasn't done this because of any consideration for Hibs, rather he knows that if he goes beyond this limited remit then he opens the door for The Rangers to be charged with a variety of other offences including violence & sectarianism. Heaven forbid that should happen! It's taken them 3 months to get to this position, they'll be in no hurry to expedite the process now. I expect us both to get a similar type of punishment, eg a fine, only the magnitude will vary. I would also imagine that in the interim 3 months Hibs have sought expert legal advice. I don't see either RP or LD being a soft touch on this matter.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Nobody has said anything like that.

Really?

Surely hiding behind the 'we cant take action because we will lose money' is exactly that.

The financial argument is what scottish football hides behind whenevet the old firm is discussed.

Its what stops these issues being addressed, amd its what keeps the rest of the clubs supine.

We slate journoa fpr the succulent lamb, but how is the rest of scottish fpptball any different when we rely on their gate money?

I dont want money from the huns. We dony have any just now, amd we have a good squad, id sacrifice having an additional player in the squad ifbit meant banning the huns from easter road.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2016, 09:15 AM
Really?

Surely hiding behind the 'we cant take action because we will lose money' is exactly that.

The financial argument is what scottish football hides behind whenevet the old firm is discussed.

Its what stops these issues being addressed, amd its what keeps the rest of the clubs supine.

We slate journoa fpr the succulent lamb, but how is the rest of scottish fpptball any different when we rely on their gate money?

I dont want money from the huns. We dony have any just now, amd we have a good squad, id sacrifice having an additional player in the squad ifbit meant banning the huns from easter road.

It would set a dangerous precedent banning away fans from ER.

There are bound to be some decent followers who travel week in, week out, and don't take part in their "cultural tribalism"?

The Baldmans Comb
01-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Its time for Hibs to make some sort of statement and stop hiding behind the no comment tag.

Stop being such a soft touch and defend the club against lies and fabrications.

That's your job.

Winston Ingram
01-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Are you a Celtic supporter?

Any bigotry should not be tolerated not just irish.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Its time for Hibs to make some sort of statement and stop hiding behind the no comment tag.

Stop being such a soft touch and defend the club against lies and fabrications.

That's your job.

We are far from being a soft touch.......

hibbysam
01-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Money will always be an issue for Hibs. That's the reality of Scottish fitba. Refusing to sell them tickets will only hurt ourselves.

However, if you read my post, the momentum will be totally our way come next year if/when we go up. Our crowds are already over 16000, with promotion our crowds will be up even further, meaning there would be no reason to bend over and give them the whole end. Has it hurt Hearts by refusing to sell them tickets?

Stevie Reid
01-09-2016, 09:28 AM

Taking the debate to a great level there :aok:

Finn2015
01-09-2016, 09:40 AM
My first inclination yesterday was to hope and suggest the club immediately release a statement but I think leeann dempster has a track record that suggests she and the club will bide their time and do things the right way. In leeann we or at least I, trust

Winston Ingram
01-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Taking the debate to a great level there :aok:

I think it's a valid question as it refers to the crediblity of the question. He only seemed to interested in us taking action about Irish related bigotry.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2016, 10:17 AM
I think it's a valid question as it refers to the crediblity of the question. He only seemed to interested in us taking action about Irish related bigotry.

The debate in this case is specifically about that kind of bigotry - and in how Scottish football deals with Rangers on that front. Not mentioning the other kinds is not an endorsement of them. Apart from the fact that I know he isn't, there's nothing whatsoever in SHB's posts that suggest that he is a Celtic fan.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm of quite a different opinion on this. Whilst I 100% support anti-discrimination of any sort. Religion, Sexuality, Race. I actually think the approach taken against these types of chants etc is not the right approach.

I don't care what they sing. Their songs have never got me angry - I just shake my head and laugh - it reflects on the values of the fan base and the club - shows their ignorance...they can fuel up on their misguided hate, dive deep into it, sing whatever they want - we should just let them. And laugh at them.

It simply reminds me of the worthless values that have been created by Sevco and most of their fanbase. It's why they have never become a big brand anywhere outside of Scotland. It keeps them where they belong, in the gutter.

I get what you are saying, but for me there's two reasons why a ban now has to be considered.

1) ..... The tensions between us and Sevco have been ramped up to such an extent that there is a real prospect of violence if the clubs were to meet, setting aside my own opinions on the situation I wouldn't be surprised if police Scotland would seriously be considering asking for away tickets not to be issued if Hibs and Sevco were scheduled to meet at ER this season or next and also advising Hibs not to take up any allocation for Ibrox. Lets not forget they were made to look a bit stupid by what happened at Hampden, I doubt they would be looking for a repeat.

2) ..... For decades Hibs have watched the Hun hordes descend on Easter Road and said nothing officially as the Billy Boys, FTP, Fenian bstrds songs and chants have cascaded down from the away end. We have gone along with the rest of Scottish football's tacit acceptance of this state of affairs and have remained silent .... Rangers as a club has benefited from this silence, because if any club had made a stand the can of worms that would be opened would severely damage not only Rangers but Scottish football as a whole, with sponsors and TV folk getting severely jittery watching a very public argument develop between clubs on the sectarian and bigotry issue ........ for all of the stuff spouted about the issue over the years the clubs have never publicly fallen out over it.

But now we have a situation where this club who have benefited from Hibs silence for decades is on its moral high horse over ONE incident where Hibs were involved, are publicly demanding that Hibs are handed all of the blame and demanding that we be punished for the conduct of our supporters over and above restitution for damage done to Hampden's infrastructure.
That is an incredible stance for a club in their situation to be taking given the fact that at any time over the last 50 years Hibs could have publicly and officially complained about the bigoted and sectarian conduct of their fans every time they visit Easter Road and demanded that if nothing is done Rangers should be sanctioned until they get their house in order.

Hibs are not a Catholic club, but our owner is one of Scotland's most prominent Roman Catholics, our current manager is Catholic and has been directly affected by threats and sectarianism aimed at him in the past by supporters of that very club and by virtue of history our fan base will contain a significant number of supporters who themselves are Catholics.

If The Rangers FC are so ungrateful for the fact that clubs like Hibs have refused up until now to get stuck into them regarding the sectarian bile they bring to our ground that they are happy to piss on our leg thinking there will be no repercussions its time they were shown what a stupid and self defeating stance that is.
In short, if they are happy to call for Hibs to be hammered as a club for the conduct of its supporters then we are almost honour bound to retaliate and as far as I'm concerned that means Hibs publicly calling for Sevco to be punished for the sectarian singing directed at our manager during the cup final and for their sectarian chants and singing throughout the match. Not only that, but to go to the press who love Sevco so much and state that we are no longer prepared to see our support subjected to 90 minutes of bigotry and sectarianism from supporters of that club when they visit ER and if it does not cease their fans will be banned from Easter Road.

The bad publicity such a stand would create for Sevco and Scottish football throughout the UK and elsewhere would as I said be extremely damaging ... I wonder if Sevco and their media buddies would be so happy about their Hibs bashing in those circumstances.

JimBHibees
01-09-2016, 10:31 AM
I get what you are saying, but for me there's two reasons why a ban now has to be considered.

1) ..... The tensions between us and Sevco have been ramped up to such an extent that there is a real prospect of violence if the clubs were to meet, setting aside my own opinions on the situation I wouldn't be surprised if police Scotland would seriously be considering asking for away tickets not to be issued if Hibs and Sevco were scheduled to meet at ER this season or next and also advising Hibs not to take up any allocation for Ibrox. Lets not forget they were made to look a bit stupid by what happened at Hampden, I doubt they would be looking for a repeat.

2) ..... For decades Hibs have watched the Hun hordes descend on Easter Road and said nothing officially as the Billy Boys, FTP, Fenian bstrds songs and chants have cascaded down from the away end. We have gone along with the rest of Scottish football's tacit acceptance of this state of affairs and have remained silent .... Rangers as a club has benefited from this silence, because if any club had made a stand the can of worms that would be opened would severely damage not only Rangers but Scottish football as a whole, with sponsors and TV folk getting severely jittery watching a very public argument develop between clubs on the sectarian and bigotry issue ........ for all of the stuff spouted about the issue over the years the clubs have never publicly fallen out over it.

But now we have a situation where this club who have benefited from Hibs silence for decades is on its moral high horse over ONE incident where Hibs were involved, are publicly demanding that Hibs are handed all of the blame and demanding that we be punished for the conduct of our supporters over and above restitution for damage done to Hampden's infrastructure.
That is an incredible stance for a club in their situation to be taking given the fact that at any time over the last 50 years Hibs could have publicly and officially complained about the bigoted and sectarian conduct of their fans every time they visit Easter Road and demanded that if nothing is done Rangers should be sanctioned until they get their house in order.

Hibs are not a Catholic club, but our owner is one of Scotland's most prominent Roman Catholics, our current manager is Catholic and has been directly affected by threats and sectarianism aimed at him in the past by supporters of that very club and by virtue of history our fan base will contain a significant number of supporters who themselves are Catholics.

If The Rangers FC are so ungrateful for the fact that clubs like Hibs have refused up until now to get stuck into them regarding the sectarian bile they bring to our ground that they are happy to piss on our leg thinking there will be no repercussions its time they were shown what a stupid and self defeating stance that is.
In short, if they are happy to call for Hibs to be hammered as a club for the conduct of its supporters then we are almost honour bound to retaliate and as far as I'm concerned that means Hibs publicly calling for Sevco to be punished for the sectarian singing directed at our manager during the cup final and for their sectarian chants and singing throughout the match. Not only that, but to go to the press who love Sevco so much and state that we are no longer prepared to see our support subjected to 90 minutes of bigotry and sectarianism from supporters of that club when they visit ER and if it does not cease their fans will be banned from Easter Road.

The bad publicity such a stand would create for Sevco and Scottish football throughout the UK and elsewhere would as I said be extremely damaging ... I wonder if Sevco and their media buddies would be so happy about their Hibs bashing in those circumstances.

Agree if you thought the chanting was bad when Stubbs was manager just imagine the level it will reach when we next play them with Lennon as our manager. This filth should have been eradicated years ago it is to the country's and particularly the clubs and the footballing authorities shame that is seems to be back to square one. The worst thing is it appears to be getting ignored.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2016, 10:35 AM
It would set a dangerous precedent banning away fans from ER.

There are bound to be some decent followers who travel week in, week out, and don't take part in their "cultural tribalism"?

Possibly not, but a whole crowd doesn't have to making monkey noises for a club to be hammered or the ref to stop a match.

We can just agree to disagree on this

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Possibly not, but a whole crowd doesn't have to making monkey noises for a club to be hammered or the ref to stop a match.

We can just agree to disagree on this

:aok:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2016, 10:38 AM

Any bigotry should not be tolerated not just irish.

Are you a character from an orwell novel?

Agree. But anti-irish racism anti-catholic bigotry is the subject we sre discussing.

For what its worth, were any clubs fans engaging in club sanctioned, oficially condoned mass anti-black singing over a period of decades with impunity, i would suppprt a similar move.

Peevemor
01-09-2016, 11:16 AM
In my opinion -

The SFA will already be aware of the punishment Hibs will accept - probably paying for damage caused + a token fine. They will also have been made aware that if they try to go further than this then so will Hibs. Hibs will be colluding with the SFA to ensure a non-sensational outcome.

A statement will then be released to the effect that, whilst not condoning the pitch invasion and damage caused, the club are happy that there has been no official suggestion of further wrongdoing.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Superb post, couldnt agree more.

hibsbollah
01-09-2016, 11:24 AM

I'm not sure we get very far trying to compare ourselves favourably with other countries' football problems...we're on the outskirts of Europe, with a not very well hidden sectarian problem bubbling under the surface in our society, economic problems and an aggressive football culture...pre genocide Yugoslavia is the best I can do.

The only thing we have in common with the Turks is Souness making it worse.

hibsbollah
01-09-2016, 11:26 AM

Absolutely agree.

MrSmith
01-09-2016, 11:38 AM
In my opinion -

The SFA will already be aware of the punishment Hibs will accept - probably paying for damage caused + a token fine. They will also have been made aware that if they try to go further than this then so will Hibs. Hibs will be colluding with the SFA to ensure a non-sensational outcome.

A statement will then be released to the effect that, whilst not condoning the pitch invasion and damage caused, the club are happy that there has been no official suggestion of further wrongdoing.

I hope this isn't the outcome. It would come across as gently sweeping it under the carpet while continuing to ignore the shame brought upon all Scottish football fans by the rangers fans. We cannot allow turning a blind eye to sectarianism just to get out a corner.

Full offensive by us! It wont take much for the rest of Scottish teams to follow our lead in putting this single despicable and horrible club out of business.

green day
01-09-2016, 11:46 AM
In my opinion -

My opinion as well.

Its not up to Hibs to deal with Sevcos sectarian fans.

Gordy M
01-09-2016, 11:50 AM
I hope this isn't the outcome. It would come across as gently sweeping it under the carpet while continuing to ignore the shame brought upon all Scottish football fans by the rangers fans. We cannot allow turning a blind eye to sectarianism just to get out a corner.

Full offensive by us! It wont take much for the rest of Scottish teams to follow our lead in putting this single despicable and horrible club out of business.

But they wont follow, thats the issue. It takes a brave person to come out against the old firm. Just take a look at the issues experienced by others who have tried. Its ok for us to be saying what should happen from the 'security' of a screen name on the internet.

marinello59
01-09-2016, 11:50 AM

We are facing this charge because of our own actions. I have no problem with the initial pitch invasion, we were all experiencing an unprecedented emotional moment. There was always going to be consequences though and we have to limit them as best we can.
Starting a high stakes game of whataboutery on the back of it helps nobody.

scoopyboy
01-09-2016, 11:52 AM
In my opinion -

I am generally with you on this Peevemor.

My only concern would be although I would be happy for Hibs to pick up the tab for the goalposts and pitch I don't want us to pay for the advertising boards as I think we could be stitched up big time.

I would also like someone to set up a fund where we could all contribute and then hand it over to the club. I wasn't on the pitch but I would still donate, however I would expect those who were on the pitch to chip in as well.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2016, 11:58 AM

My only concern would be although I would be happy for Hibs to pick up the tab for the goalposts and pitch I don't want us to pay for the advertising boards as I think we could be stitched up big time.

I would also like someone to set up a fund where we could all contribute and then hand it over to the club. I wasn't on the pitch but I would still donate, however I would expect those who were on the pitch to chip in as well.

ALL those that felt the need to run on to the pitch should be prepared to dip their hand in their pocket to help pay for any fine forthcoming?

Ronniekirk
01-09-2016, 11:59 AM

How do we as fans go about setting up a fund as dont think the club will do that
Its unlikely any fund will come anywhere near what the Clubs fine will be but happy to contribute and help the club as we know there is a fine coming our way and probably by the end of October at the latest

Geo_1875
01-09-2016, 12:08 PM
How do we as fans go about setting up a fund as dont think the club will do that
Its unlikely any fund will come anywhere near what the Clubs fine will be but happy to contribute and help the club as we know there is a fine coming our way and probably by the end of October at the latest

But surely we can just put off paying any fine for years as other clubs appear to have done.

JimBHibees
01-09-2016, 12:09 PM
In my opinion -

I think that is absolutely what will happen. If Hibs are punished hugely then we would be well within our rights to start having a pop at some of the elements that the SFA had within their control which didnt work on the day.

MrSmith
01-09-2016, 12:11 PM
But surely we can just put off paying any fine for years as other clubs appear to have done.

Good point! Have the rangers paid their £250k fine to the SFA yet?

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2016, 12:24 PM
My opinion as well.

Its not up to Hibs to deal with Sevcos sectarian fans.

No its not, you are correct.

But their abhorrent little club is using us to deflect from their own failings on the 21st of May, so much so that they are calling for Hibs to be utterly hammered by the SFA without so much as a thought as to what effect that might have on our club. That coming from a club who have spent decades avoiding responsibility for the actions of their own fans, its mind blowing hypocrisy and cannot be tolerated.

The biggest weapon Hibs have at their disposal is to say ...... 'fine, if you think clubs should be held to account for the actions of their supporters, even if they had no control over those actions, then lets start with you' ..... we are going to demand that you are held responsible for the sectarian conduct of your fans at the cup final and that you are punished every time your fans sing sectarian songs or chants at a match. After all, by your actions here you are clearly in favour of clubs being punished for the actions of their supporters, no matter how much evidence there is that the club concerned has done everything expected of it to prevent those actions.

That seems fair to me.

scoopyboy
01-09-2016, 12:29 PM

Not sure the club would be allowed to do it but don't see how a bunch of supporters could be stopped from raising money and donating it to the club.

There are funds that can be set up for such things, eg an Ormiston woman who is going through a rough time had a fund setup, might be called just giving or something like that.

AndyM_1875
01-09-2016, 12:59 PM
ALL those that felt the need to run on to the pitch should be prepared to dip their hand in their pocket to help pay for any fine forthcoming?

Well said.
I myself wasn't on the pitch (not with my old ankles) but I appreciated why some of our fans just lost it and ran on. The emotion just bubbled over. Rod got castigated for it but he was right it was mainly exuberance.

Personally I'd like to see the fans groups back a "Support Fund" with links to where Paypal donations can be made whether you were on the pitch or not to be used by the club to pay the inevitable fine.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Well said.
I myself wasn't on the pitch (not with my old ankles) but I appreciated why some of our fans just lost it and ran on. The emotion just bubbled over. Rod got castigated for it but he was right it was mainly exuberance.

Personally I'd like to see the fans groups back a "Support Fund" with links to where Paypal donations can be made whether you were on the pitch or not to be used by the club to pay the inevitable fine.

Everyone on pitch should pay equal share of fine:cb

northstandhibby
01-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Well said.

:aok:

Despite not being on the pitch I would be willing to chip in a little bit. (Not criticising those who did. In my younger day's I would defo have been on).

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2016, 01:32 PM
I would donate even though i was not on the park, the scenes were fantastic and well worth a donation from me. :top marks

southsider
01-09-2016, 02:04 PM
We should sue the DR and the Huns for defermation of character. 'Every single player in blue was kicked, punched or spat upon'. Lies. Time to nail those lies stone dead. And we need a better lawyer than Mike Ashley

Captain Trips
01-09-2016, 02:35 PM
We should sue the DR and the Huns for defermation of character. 'Every single player in blue was kicked, punched or spat upon'. Lies. Time to nail those lies stone dead. And we need a better lawyer than Mike Ashley

Every single player in blue was kicked, punched or spat upon. By Warburton after the match

mjhibby
01-09-2016, 03:08 PM

I'm sure I read that the sevco fans damaged the advertising boards as well so any fine for that will need to be split. I can't see it being large fines for either team as there will be appeals which could make the process drag on and on. I think the fines will be such that both clubs can just move on.

CropleyWasGod
01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm sure I read that the sevco fans damaged the advertising boards as well so any fine for that will need to be split. I can't see it being large fines for either team as there will be appeals which could make the process drag on and on. I think the fines will be such that both clubs can just move on.
The fines will be independent of each other.

However, the cost of the damage is a separate issue. Will we split that cost? How does insurance affect things? Those questions will need to be addressed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2016, 03:32 PM
I wasn't on the pitch but would happily make a contribution towards helping the club pay any fine....worth it for the Sevco seethe experienced since that great day

Cammy
01-09-2016, 04:34 PM
I would donate even though i was not on the park, the scenes were fantastic and well worth a donation from me. :top marks

:agree: I wasn't on the pitch either but will chip in as it all added to the occasion.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-09-2016, 05:20 PM
The next time we play The Rangers will be an absolute belter of a game...especially if Neil is at the helm :greengrin

lord bunberry
01-09-2016, 05:42 PM
I'll pay a wee bit extra if everyone promises to do the same when we win it again :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2016, 05:44 PM
I'll pay a wee bit extra if everyone promises to do the same when we win it again :greengrin

:faf:

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Good point! Have the rangers paid their £250k fine to the SFA yet?

Can't they just go bust again?

I mean it's only 4 and a bit years of history for the club and they could always buy the Mickey Mouse Cup, Div 2, Div 1 and Championship titles won by Sevco Mk1.

We'll have done them a favour too - presumably the titles would have been worth more with a Scottish Cup win.....

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2016, 06:31 PM
The Huns and their media lackeys have been doing such a superb job of making ****s of themselves it seems bad manners to intervene.

An assumed, somewhat paternal shrug of slightly embarrassed disdain is by far the best way of handling such petulant outbursts and unedifying histrionics.

mjhibby
01-09-2016, 06:34 PM
I wasn't on the pitch but would happily make a contribution towards helping the club pay any fine....worth it for the Sevco seethe experienced since that great day

The biggest irony of the constant hysterical whining from sevco towers is how much they continue to add to that momentous day. Keep it up guys you are pure comedy gold.

Topographic Hibby
01-09-2016, 08:02 PM
We should only pay any fine on the strict arrangement that TRFC bring all their SFA fines up to date and that they pay their Cup Final fine at the same time as we pay ours.

theonlywayisup
01-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm sure our Board are smart enough to know and see that The Rangers are making themselves look foolish by their continued rants.

Look at the latest:

"The SFA is either unwilling or is powerless when it comes to taking the appropriate punitive action against the offenders (I assume those who run onto the pitch and 'assulted' the The Rangers players)". And what about the SFA unwillingness to take appropriate punitive actions against those who sing sectarian songs.

"A number of Rangers players were assaulted by Hibernian supporters in broad daylight on the Hampden surface and a repeat of this must be avoided at all costs. That should have been the priority of the SFA". They're still stating that a number (I suppose 1 is a number) of The Rangers players being assaulted.

connerg
02-09-2016, 01:45 AM
The biggest irony of the constant hysterical whining from sevco towers is how much they continue to add to that momentous day. Keep it up guys you are pure comedy gold.

:top marksAny sane person will agree with that. Even Jim Traynor. GIRFUP ya so called Airdrie fan.

Vini1875
02-09-2016, 05:05 AM
Let the Huns and their weedgia pals give themselves enough rope to hang themselves with - they're doing a cracking job IMO. Engaging in red top tit-for-tat isn't the Hibs way thankfully.

What one can almost guarantee based on the previous statements Hibs have made on this is that when it does come, it will be worth the wait and the absolute antithesis - in terms of tone and professionalism - of the shrieking, wailing and gnashing of teeth that Traynor et al emanate.

The huns are manipulating the agenda here to try to avoid any fine or responsibility. They are under pressure from their fans and want to avoid scrutiny about the performance of the board. Picking a fight is the ideal deflection tool.

Mr White
02-09-2016, 06:35 AM
The more I think about it maybe a wee statement could be good here. We'd need to keep it brief though. I'd go with:

We are Hibernian FC.
You scored 2, we scored 3.

Signed, 2016 Scottish Cup Winners.

In fact maybe we should start a club policy of only responding to bull**** with rhyming couplets. It could be hilarious.

PHEONIXHIBS
02-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Sorry if already posted but the Hibs bloggers article in the Daily Record is excellent, well worth a read. sure to ruffle a few feathers ! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ranting-sfa-idiotic-says-8749199

ian cruise
02-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Sorry if already posted but the Hibs bloggers article in the Daily Record is excellent, well worth a read. sure to ruffle a few feathers ! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ranting-sfa-idiotic-says-8749199

Can't disagree with a word of that, glad I clicked on a DR link for once.

WhileTheChief..
02-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Fair play to the Record for printing it. Traynor et al will be spewing :greengrin

oneone73
02-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Could someone please cut and paste?

Smartie
02-09-2016, 08:02 AM

I actually thought it was a pretty crap article. The only bit I agree with is the final paragraph where he hits the nail on the head.

It's emotional, defensive and ill thought out and reads like the green and white equivalent of a Sevco board statement.

Caversham Green
02-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Could someone please cut and paste?

Here you go:

Rangers ranting at the SFA is idiotic says our Hibs blogger

16:33, 1 SEP 2016

OPINION
BY JAMIEMONTGOMERY (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ranting-sfa-idiotic-says-8749199)

JAMIE MONTGOMERY lays out why the governing body could not do any more – and it comes down to the lack of strict liability

IT'S been a big week, as most of them have been since the Scottish Cup Final.
The SFA (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/scottish-football-association) have confirmed their findings on the pitch invasion at Hampden, which are much like the independent report by Sheriff Principal Bowen QC. That is, not a lot.
The fact that the vast majority of our clubs, including Rangers (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc) incidentally, have refused to implement Strict Liability making the clubs responsible for their fans' behaviour, means there is very little the SFA can do.
The fact that it is not a criminal offence to run on to the pitch, means there is not a lot the authorities can do either unless other criminal laws are broken.
The SFA can't sanction Hibs (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) for their fans running on to the pitch and a small minority of them fighting.
Fans fight on the pitch after the Scottish Cup FinalThe SFA can't sanction Rangers for their minority of fans fighting on the pitch or lighting flares, or the majority singing sectarian songs.
The clubs have, instead, been charged over various offences including damage to advertising boards, ripped up turf and a broken goal. Some of it caused by the so-called rioting mob.
Compliance officer Tony McGlennan has not mentioned any assaults on the Rangers players or staff in the report. Basically, because it's not in his remit. Those strict liability rules again.
To date, one Hibs fan has been charged with attempting to assault Rangers players and another for pushing Andy Halliday. A few Rangers fans have been done for attacking Hibs fans. The charges against a large number of others from both sides are unclear at the moment.

Mr McGlennan no doubt reviewed all possible video evidence from the dozens of security cameras that surround Hampden, all mobile phone coverage posted on various social media, and all national news coverage and worldwide sports company footage.
That sounds to me like there are more than enough outlets of filming that at least one assault could have been captured on. But more than three months on still nothing has emerged. There were supporters from both sides acting in an aggressive manner, but I have yet to see anyone being actually physically assaulted. The families of several Rangers players have already come out and said their nearest and dearest hadn't been.
As long as the flame under the so called assaults keeps being fanned the more the ugly sectarianism is kept in the shadows. Nowhere has it been accepted that Hibs fans were first goaded by vile sectarianism. It works both ways. If Rangers and Hibs fans accept that the fans in blue were goaded at the end of the match, then it only stands to reason that everyone accepts Hibs fans were goaded throughout the match with a direct, and pretty misguided, attack on their club's heritage.

Rangers classics such as the Billy Boys and describing Alan Stubbs as a "fat fenian b*****d", were belted out throughout the game.
You don't have to look far to find clear video evidence of the singing along with banned pyrotechnics as the crowd throw themselves in to a lather, it's only songs after all.
I've no doubt Rangers will release another embarrassing RFC press release that exonerates all the boys in blue and condemns all things Hibs.
The misleading line that no sectarian singing was heard until the Rangers fans were goaded by Hibs supporters should be treated with the myopic contempt it deserves.
And just as I was writing that I expected Rangers to release another imbecilic statement, one only goes and drops.
They now claim that "a number" and not "all" Rangers players were attacked. The backtracking begins.
SPFL headquarters at HampdenThey then describe the SFA as "powerless", when in fact Rangers played a part in neutering that power in the first place by rejecting strict liability so they couldn't be fined or docked points or some other suitable punishment when their fans brought out the songbook.
It’s believed Hibs did vote for strict liability but because not enough joined them, the SFA were left powerless to punish the clubs for their fans' behaviour. It's pretty straightforward, turkeys are not going to vote for Christmas, so now complaining about it is idiotic beyond belief.
Hibs are keeping a dignified silence, because they know a small number of their fans were involved in trouble, why pretend otherwise.
Rangers, meanwhile, keep the blinkered tub-thumping going in the hope that if they keep up the victim card, somebody will eventually believe it.
All these pointless reports and gnashing of teeth serve only to distract from the failings of every one of the people in charge of organising this match.
It's all become a bit tiresome now and I for one want to put it to bed: Hibs won the Scottish cup and Rangers didn't. That's why Hibs fans ran on the park, still not sure why Rangers fans did.
GGTTH

Cabbage East
02-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Don't link to that rag. That's how they make their money.

Rangers ranting at the SFA is idiotic says our Hibs blogger

16:33, 1 Sep 2016
Opinion
by JamieMontgomery

JAMIE MONTGOMERY lays out why the governing body could not do any more – and it comes down to the lack of strict liability

102 shares

SNS Group

IT'S been a big week, as most of them have been since the Scottish Cup Final.

The SFA have confirmed their findings on the pitch invasion at Hampden, which are much like the independent report by Sheriff Principal Bowen QC. That is, not a lot.

The fact that the vast majority of our clubs, including Rangers incidentally, have refused to implement Strict Liability making the clubs responsible for their fans' behaviour, means there is very little the SFA can do.

The fact that it is not a criminal offence to run on to the pitch, means there is not a lot the authorities can do either unless other criminal laws are broken.

The SFA can't sanction Hibs for their fans running on to the pitch and a small minority of them fighting.
Fans fight on the pitch after the Scottish Cup Final

The SFA can't sanction Rangers for their minority of fans fighting on the pitch or lighting flares, or the majority singing sectarian songs.

The clubs have, instead, been charged over various offences including damage to advertising boards, ripped up turf and a broken goal. Some of it caused by the so-called rioting mob.

Compliance officer Tony McGlennan has not mentioned any assaults on the Rangers players or staff in the report. Basically, because it's not in his remit. Those strict liability rules again.

To date, one Hibs fan has been charged with attempting to assault Rangers players and another for pushing Andy Halliday. A few Rangers fans have been done for attacking Hibs fans. The charges against a large number of others from both sides are unclear at the moment.
SNS Group Tony McGlennan was left with another red face
Tony McGlennan

Read More

Transfer Deadline Day video: All the Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts latest from our top team

Mr McGlennan no doubt reviewed all possible video evidence from the dozens of security cameras that surround Hampden, all mobile phone coverage posted on various social media, and all national news coverage and worldwide sports company footage.

That sounds to me like there are more than enough outlets of filming that at least one assault could have been captured on. But more than three months on still nothing has emerged. There were supporters from both sides acting in an aggressive manner, but I have yet to see anyone being actually physically assaulted. The families of several Rangers players have already come out and said their nearest and dearest hadn't been.

As long as the flame under the so called assaults keeps being fanned the more the ugly sectarianism is kept in the shadows. Nowhere has it been accepted that Hibs fans were first goaded by vile sectarianism. It works both ways. If Rangers and Hibs fans accept that the fans in blue were goaded at the end of the match, then it only stands to reason that everyone accepts Hibs fans were goaded throughout the match with a direct, and pretty misguided, attack on their club's heritage.
SNS Celtic fan Michael Ryan tried to get into Hampden on day Hibs and Rangers fans clashed
Celtic fan Michael Ryan tried to get into Hampden on day Hibs and Rangers fans clashed
Hibs fans rush the pitch to celebrate their side's historic win

Rangers classics such as the Billy Boys and describing Alan Stubbs as a "fat fenian b*****d", were belted out throughout the game.

You don't have to look far to find clear video evidence of the singing along with banned pyrotechnics as the crowd throw themselves in to a lather, it's only songs after all.

I've no doubt Rangers will release another embarrassing RFC press release that exonerates all the boys in blue and condemns all things Hibs.

The misleading line that no sectarian singing was heard until the Rangers fans were goaded by Hibs supporters should be treated with the myopic contempt it deserves.

And just as I was writing that I expected Rangers to release another imbecilic statement, one only goes and drops.

They now claim that "a number" and not "all" Rangers players were attacked. The backtracking begins.
SPFL headquarters at Hampden

They then describe the SFA as "powerless", when in fact Rangers played a part in neutering that power in the first place by rejecting strict liability so they couldn't be fined or docked points or some other suitable punishment when their fans brought out the songbook.

It’s believed Hibs did vote for strict liability but because not enough joined them, the SFA were left powerless to punish the clubs for their fans' behaviour. It's pretty straightforward, turkeys are not going to vote for Christmas, so now complaining about it is idiotic beyond belief.

Hibs are keeping a dignified silence, because they know a small number of their fans were involved in trouble, why pretend otherwise.

Rangers, meanwhile, keep the blinkered tub-thumping going in the hope that if they keep up the victim card, somebody will eventually believe it.

All these pointless reports and gnashing of teeth serve only to distract from the failings of every one of the people in charge of organising this match.

It's all become a bit tiresome now and I for one want to put it to bed: Hibs won the Scottish cup and Rangers didn't. That's why Hibs fans ran on the park, still not sure why Rangers fans did.

GGTTH

Caversham Green
02-09-2016, 08:30 AM
I actually thought it was a pretty crap article. The only bit I agree with is the final paragraph where he hits the nail on the head.

It's emotional, defensive and ill thought out and reads like the green and white equivalent of a Sevco board statement.

I disagree - it's written by a fan, which is the difference between this and the rubbish emanating from Ibrox.

I think some defending of the Hibs fans is overdue, but the club is in a difficult position as it cannot be seen to condone the pitch invasion. Maybe a statement from the supporters associations should be considered.

magpie1892
02-09-2016, 08:30 AM

I agree. It's very poorly written. It will noise up the hun though, so he gets a point for that.

greenginger
02-09-2016, 08:34 AM
How long will it take for the Orcs to get the blog taken down ?

BonnieFitbaTeam
02-09-2016, 08:48 AM
I disagree - it's written by a fan, which is the difference between this and the rubbish emanating from Ibrox.

I think some defending of the Hibs fans is overdue, but the club is in a difficult position as it cannot be seen to condone the pitch invasion. Maybe a statement from the supporters associations should be considered.

I'm with you, it reads nothing like any of the Sevco board statements. But that's not remotely relevant as a comparison anyway since this was written by a fan and not a body of highly paid professionals representing a multi-million pound company !

I also agree that defence of Hibs is long overdue. Via the MSM in general and this utter dog***** of a publication in particular.

JimBHibees
02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Actually thought it read pretty well. Well done I say.

eastcoasthibby
02-09-2016, 08:59 AM
That's a decent wee email response there from LD.

Why don't Hibs use social media and get wee snippets like that out?

A simple Tweet now and again keeping us updated fills the void and can do away with rumour and speculation.

I totally agree with the clubs approach to saying nothing, as no matter what is said even if aiming to keep fans informed, will be taken, misconstrued, misrepresented, misinterpreted, with the aim of using it to try and whip us with.
As a club we have not hidden from the reality of the stupidity of our fans at the cup final, taken respective action, complied with expectations of the authorities and not even engaged in comment about the rights, wrongs or comments/reports from Sevco or the media where clear untruths and massive elaboration of what actually happened, continues to be of interest to certain factions of this situation, its purely all geared to support Sevco's woeful reputation.
I get all the frustrations of us and our club being hit by derogatory and negative publicity, but silence and not talking the bait is the only way to deal with it, and let the club manage it as they see fit, cos I trust the Board these days to do the right thing.

IWasThere2016
02-09-2016, 09:19 AM

I think LD is correct. She needs a grammar lesson also.

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2016, 09:37 AM
I agree. It's very poorly written. It will noise up the hun though, so he gets a point for that.

No, it's nicely structured piece, written for a tabloid read by Daily Record huns. To over-estimate the grammatical and cognitive skills and abilities of those morons would be a gross mistake. As it happens, he probably does this until the last line, which will be only one they understand. The Hun will struggle through the rest with bemused, mounting unease, then pop! Job done.

oneone73
02-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the copy and paste.

brog
02-09-2016, 10:11 AM
I thought it was a very well written piece & as DBS says it's perfectly pitched at it's target audience. I don't find it defensive in the least though no doubt the West of Scotland supporters will find it very offensive! I'm also extremely pleased that for the first time ( AFAIK ) it's in print that Hibs fans were "goaded" from the start & it's also the 1st time I've seen a specific reference to the disgusting songs about AS. It seems some posters expect a Pulitzer Prize winning entry from a fan blog but i'd like to say well done Jamie!!
PS. it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the The Rangers' sectarian chants/songs have already been the subject of informal discussions with Hibs & the authorities. There's a whole can of Sevco worms waiting to be opened here!!

magpie1892
02-09-2016, 10:18 AM
No, it's nicely structured piece, written for a tabloid read by Daily Record huns. To over-estimate the grammatical and cognitive skills and abilities of those morons would be a gross mistake. As it happens, he probably does this until the last line, which will be only one they understand. The Hun will struggle through the rest with bemused, mounting unease, then pop! Job done.

We'll agree to disagree about the structure. He makes a number of salient points, but syntax and flow are not his fortes.

I'll downgrade my over-harsh review to 'could have flowed a lot better'.

It does end well, on that we are agreed.

Topographic Hibby
02-09-2016, 10:20 AM
It's a fan blog. It's from one of us, effectively. It says all the things that we have said, more or less, since we won. It's on the DR site (and print edition?) for all to see. The last para sums it up. We won the cup fair and square. No financial doping or dodgy deals with shady characters. No five way agreements, no spin from Traynor, and songs after (and during) the game that can't be broadcast on TV.

We won. End of.

All in all, I'd say well done that man.

Smartie
02-09-2016, 11:03 AM
These things are often ghost-written, like Kevin Thomson and Keith Jackson's pieces were. If there's a problem with the writing style then it is probably a professional journalist who is to blame, but I'm really not expecting prize-winning prose in the Daily Record (especially not if it is meant to be by a fan) so that isn't my issue with the article.

I just think he misses the point entirely (until the last paragraph) and that is my bugbear. He plays into Sevco's hands (which I think our board would be in danger of doing if they did anything other than maintain their dignified silence).

What happened after the cup final was nothing to do with Rangers. It was about us, about getting 114 years of hurt out of our systems and getting the mother of all monkeys off our backs. Some chose to stay in the stands with their families and friends, some had a wee run about on the pitch. Some took mementos and some caused damage to advertising hoardings getting onto the pitch. Regrettably a few numpties acted in an unacceptable manner towards Rangers players, which we cannot deny (even if it didn't happen nearly to the extent that Rangers are making out). Rangers and their fans just don't get that, and that was what led to some of their fans coming onto the pitch (which, if it hadn't happened, would have left them with an undeniable moral high ground, irrespective of sectarian chanting and letting off bigger smoke bombs than ours).

Rangers want it to be about them, they do not get that it was not. Explaining our response after the match as being a response to goading, sectarian chanting etc is utter b*****s imo. It's what the "hordes" want to read, to get their blood boiling as they sip their breakfast Buckie.

It's a poor article and plays into their hands. If it started a few rows from the end at "Hibs are keeping a dignified silence" then it would have been a short masterpiece.

brog
02-09-2016, 12:04 PM
These things are often ghost-written, like Kevin Thomson and Keith Jackson's pieces were. If there's a problem with the writing style then it is probably a professional journalist who is to blame, but I'm really not expecting prize-winning prose in the Daily Record (especially not if it is meant to be by a fan) so that isn't my issue with the article.

I just think he misses the point entirely (until the last paragraph) and that is my bugbear. He plays into Sevco's hands (which I think our board would be in danger of doing if they did anything other than maintain their dignified silence).

What happened after the cup final was nothing to do with Rangers. It was about us, about getting 114 years of hurt out of our systems and getting the mother of all monkeys off our backs. Some chose to stay in the stands with their families and friends, some had a wee run about on the pitch. Some took momentos and some caused damage to advertising hoardings getting onto the pitch. Regrettably a few numpties acted in an unacceptable manner towards Rangers players, which we cannot deny (even if it didn't happen nearly to the extent that Rangers are making out). Rangers and their fans just don't get that, and that was what led to some of their fans coming onto the pitch (which, if it hadn't happened, would have left them with an undeniable moral high ground, irrespective of sectarian chanting and letting off bigger smoke bombs than ours).

Rangers want it to be about them, they do not get that it was not. Explaining our response after the match as being a response to goading, sectarian chanting etc is utter b*****s imo. It's what the "hordes" want to read, to get their blood boiling as they sip their breakfast Buckie.

It's a poor article and plays into their hands. If it started a few rows from the end at "Hibs are keeping a dignified silence" then it would have been a short masterpiece.

I much prefer the article to your comments above though I agree the bit about the moral high ground. I'm afraid however the part in bold is nonsense. If you read the timeline in the official report, Sevco fans were on the pitch about 11 seconds after the 1st Hibs fans were. Usain Bolt would have struggled to make it to the far end, stopping only to assault a few players on the way in that time! ( PS, it's mementos :wink: )

Smartie
02-09-2016, 12:53 PM
I much prefer the article to your comments above though I agree the bit about the moral high ground. I'm afraid however the part in bold is nonsense. If you read the timeline in the official report, Sevco fans were on the pitch about 11 seconds after the 1st Hibs fans were. Usain Bolt would have struggled to make it to the far end, stopping only to assault a few players on the way in that time! ( PS, it's mementos :wink: )

I don't think I made my point very clearly.

I don't think for a minute they went onto the pitch because of their players being assaulted. They went onto the pitch because they are neanderthals and that's what they do.

They didn't understand (or care) that it was a big moment for us. Every fan of every other club would have understood and many of them have commented to me about how cool it must have been to part of it all (whether it was in the stands, on the pitch or watching it on TV half the world away). Rangers fans didn't, they thought that it was somehow about them and went boxing (maybe I'm giving them too much credit by saying that they actually "thought")

I don't think any fans of any other club would have gone onto the pitch in the face of our pitch invasion, even Hearts, certainly not Celtic (who would in all likelihood have stayed and applauded us in a slightly patronising manner). And I think the pitch invasion would have happened when we won the cup irrespective of the opposition on the day, nothing to do with it being Rangers.

Yes, the article makes (some of) us feel nice because it bites back. But for me it misses the point.

Onion
02-09-2016, 01:06 PM
I don't think I made my point very clearly.

I don't think for a minute they went onto the pitch because of their players being assaulted. They went onto the pitch because they are neanderthals and that's what they do.

They didn't understand (or care) that it was a big moment for us. Every fan of every other club would have understood and many of them have commented to me about how cool it must have been to part of it all (whether it was in the stands, on the pitch or watching it on TV half the world away). Rangers fans didn't, they thought that it was somehow about them and went boxing (maybe I'm giving them too much credit by saying that they actually "thought")

I don't think any fans of any other club would have gone onto the pitch in the face of our pitch invasion, even Hearts, certainly not Celtic (who would in all likelihood have stayed and applauded us in a slightly patronising manner). And I think the pitch invasion would have happened when we won the cup irrespective of the opposition on the day, nothing to do with it being Rangers.

Yes, the article makes (some of) us feel nice because it bites back. But for me it misses the point.

Totally agree with this, and (yet again) it's a point that is missed or covered up by the media. Sevco fans' hatred of Celtic, Hibs and everything associated with us came through loud and clear during that match, but they couldn't handle the pain of losing and a bit of GIRUY by a few Hibs fans at the end. They're by far and away the most hated and deviant fans in Scottish football, so no surprise they were looking to beat up a few celebrating Hibs fans at the end. Their club's statements since 21 May have been nothing short of a disgrace and highly inflammatory. The authorities, police and even Government should have stepped in to stop them spitting their venom around. A 5 year old club living in the 1970's.

JimBHibees
02-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Totally agree with this, and (yet again) it's a point that is missed or covered up by the media. Sevco fans' hatred of Celtic, Hibs and everything associated with us came through loud and clear during that match, but they couldn't handle the pain of losing and a bit of GIRUY by a few Hibs fans at the end. They're by far and away the most hated and deviant fans in Scottish football, so no surprise they were looking to beat up a few celebrating Hibs fans at the end. Their club's statements since 21 May have been nothing short of a disgrace and highly inflammatory. The authorities, police and even Government should have stepped in to stop them spitting their venom around. A 5 year old club living in the 1690's.

Surely. :greengrin

northstandhibby
02-09-2016, 01:29 PM
The Daily Ranger has only printed this in order to keep their anti hibs pro hun agenda story alive. A disgraceful hun fanzine.

GGTTH

oldbutdim
02-09-2016, 01:37 PM

The eleven seconds is a myth I'm afraid.

It's been misunderstood and then repeated so many times it's become a fact.

The timeline and specifically the 11 second gap refers to the time between the Hibs fans actually arriving within taunting distance, and some pretty severe taunting commencing, and the neanderthals lumbering over the fences in child abductee mode.

There were in fact around 27 seconds of remarkable restraint shown between the Hibs fans encroaching on the field of play and the rescue mission being launched by heroic West of Scotland fans.

Mikey
02-09-2016, 01:41 PM
The timeline and specifically the 11 second gap refers to the time between the Hibs fans actually arriving within taunting distance, and some pretty severe taunting commencing, and the neanderthals lumbering over the fences in child abductee mode.

Hibs fans need lessons in speed taunting!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBHPmYIxaiI

brog
02-09-2016, 02:40 PM
I think this blog is only on the website not in the paper. Didn't think the DR would be that brave!!