PDA

View Full Version : The Completely and Utterly Irrelevantly Nonsensical Transfer Deadline Day Thread...

Pages : [1] 2

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Awright sh@*gers,

It's here, it's back, it's exclusive. It's pish.

On the off-chance it'll be a late lie-in for all residents at Pedantic Towers, I've decided to steal a march on my pillow and create the thread now.

Tomorrow is a day where everything and nothing could happen.

Will Hibs sign anyone?
Will the admins continue to be pricks?
Will I receive my yearly infraction for losing it and offering a fellow member a square go?
Will nonshinyfinish make a prolonged appearance?
Will this year's deadline day food bill top January's?
Will HibsTransferNews stupidly pay attention to this thread and tweet that he is hearing me opening my eighth packet of crisps before 10am?
Will someone be able to tell me how to post pictures on here from an iPhone/iPad?

So many questions, many which will remain unanswered mainly because they mean hee haw.

Tomorrow's food budget is quite healthy in monetary terms. Tomorrow's food...not so much. Currently formulating a shortlist of crisps for the proceedings. Yoghurts scheduled to feature as are baps, bacon and Lucozade.

So, over to you lot. What are you bringing to the Deadline Day table?

monktonharp
30-08-2016, 10:41 PM
if Hibernian do not sell any of our star players, I will be so happy that I will wallow naked, in a bath of Branson baked beans, as my wife has just got our monthly supply from Cosco. this event will be private, as it will be in my ain bath! with a glass of chardonnay within reach I might add.

Topographic Hibby
30-08-2016, 10:43 PM

One slightly damaged electronic advertising board, has some footprints all over it, some blood stains (religion of owner, not specified) and corner flag impaled in one end. Has "Congratulations Rangers, Scottish Cup Winner 2016" hard wired into its circuitry. May need some repair.........

SteveHFC
30-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Came in here to see a signing at least and nope.

http://i.imgur.com/XujHL.gif?noredirect

Col2
30-08-2016, 11:34 PM
I think it will start quiet, then some rumours around lunchtime then a Hibby style pessimism that only Hibbies can have and then a signing around tee time and a flurry and then the signing of all signings for this window (not Griffiths).

theonlywayisup
31-08-2016, 06:41 AM
Awright sh@*gers,

:bitchy:

Really, is there any need for using that term?

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 06:43 AM

Is it not relevant to you? I did say in the title it was irrelevant so it's cool if it's not.

I'm guessing it is relevant to you given your username.

Speedway
31-08-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm hearing that Rod has bought himself a full box of ritz crackers to enjoy as he spends the day following this thread himself, decimating the transfer budget in doing so.

Dalianwanda
31-08-2016, 06:53 AM
Im working from home today & have newly connected Sky Sports News ready in the background....Thats good..

Ive started my Juice Plus plan today though so may feel a bit guilty at working my way through the cheese and onion Tayto...Not so good..

I fancy Hibs to come out with a curve ball.....Too many signings this year have been talked about by the manager prior to coming aboard....I think he's just been doing that as a distraction...Something bigs gonna happen :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Thinking of having a **** this morning but not sure if i should use my left hand, right hand or both.....thought's?

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Awright sh@*gers,

On the off-chance it'll be a late lie-in for all residents at Pedantic Towers, I've decided to steal a march on my pillow and create the thread now.

Will Hibs sign anyone?
Will I receive my yearly infraction for losing it and offering a fellow member a square go?
Will HibsTransferNews stupidly pay attention to this thread and tweet that he is hearing me opening my eighth packet of crisps before 10am?
Will someone be able to tell me how to post pictures on here from an iPhone/iPad?

So many questions, many which will remain unanswered mainly because they mean hee haw.

Tomorrow's food budget is quite healthy in monetary terms. Tomorrow's food...not so much. Currently formulating a shortlist of crisps for the proceedings. Yoghurts scheduled to feature as are baps, bacon and Lucozade.

I haven't even read your witterings yet. I'm just so happy to have woken to find that you've started a TDD tgread.

All hail Pedantic and TDD.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Thinking of having a **** this morning but not sure if i should use my left hand, right hand or both.....thought's?

Use toilet paper.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Magnificent jacket being worn by Ranieiri this morning.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 07:46 AM
I'm delighted to announce that I have found my yellow tie.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2016, 07:52 AM
2 days to clear a mountain of work before I go on holiday. Expecting a crap day at work and minimal activity on the transfer front.

Might have a packet of Flamin Hot Monster Munch at lunch though so every cloud.....

Salt N Sauzee
31-08-2016, 07:53 AM

He was talking to me

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Full Scottish Breakfast accomplished already. One cup of coffee and two cigarettes. Marvellous.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Use toilet paper.

Kinky......i like it

stokesmessiah
31-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Mcleish talking total pish on SSN.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 08:22 AM
I predict we will sign noone. That way I can't be disappointed.

Food wise I might have to throw Lean in 15 out the window and get a pizza for tea from Bravos in Rosyth.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2016, 08:23 AM

Looking for the boy to pitch in with diers name for him, guy was happy just for him to shut up!

full day at work today il be back in time for Jims last hour bag of tesco's prawn shells and a cadburys big tasty under the arm for the big days catch up

JoeT
31-08-2016, 08:27 AM
I predict we will sign noone.

This one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Noone

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 08:29 AM
Hoping to see Natalie Sawyer in a fetching little green number today, I doubt Jim White will co-operate and wear a green tie though!

Natalie at her breast! :thumbsup: (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeZqPZ8WwAAwXEL.jpg)

hibbie02
31-08-2016, 08:29 AM
No sign of Nonshineyfish (I know, it's an old joke!)....

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 08:30 AM
This one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Noone
Must be funny when he likes things on Facebook. "Noone likes this".

GreenCastle
31-08-2016, 08:33 AM

He almost looks uncomfortable being asked some questions.

Some horrendous analysis of players and given up with the cliches being said.

Sky sports news really does have some terrible guests at times giving an opinion on football.

Godsahibby
31-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Back from holiday yesterday so a couple of days off still, planning on setting up basecamp on the sofa today to watch deadline day.

Not sure if this has been done before but just noticed they are using Football Manager stats to compare players!! Really hoping Hibs push through that Cherno Samba deal.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Back from holiday yesterday so a couple of days off still, planning on setting up basecamp on the sofa today to watch deadline day.

Not sure if this has been done before but just noticed they are using Football Manager stats to compare players!! Really hoping Hibs push through that Cherno Samba deal.
And To Madeira! Perhaps that's one for the more hardened Championship Manager veterans.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Ibrahima Bakayoko. A true hero of mine. Many a late night spent marvelling at his goalscoring antics on Champ Man.

God I miss being young and unemployed.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2016, 09:16 AM

Been using FM details for years !

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
31-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Been using FM details for years !

First noticing this was when it really dawned on me that sky sports news scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

I mean a serious news channel using how good soneone is or is not on a computer game? Farcical.

Still, i bet mark kerr wishes they had done with him.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Ibrahima Bakayoko. A true hero of mine. Many a late night spent marvelling at his goalscoring antics on Champ Man.

Still waiting for Mark Kerr to become any good.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 09:21 AM

No sign of Nonshineyfish (I know, it's an old joke!)....

Morning.

Busy at work but should have time for some spirited nonsense this evening.

Looking at the work canteen menu, it's likely to be a chicken kiev for lunch (I once had one in Kiev itself, so I consider myself a bit of an authority). They often have homemade battenburg on Wednesdays, which is the cake equivalent of an eleventh-hour swoop for Hendo.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Morning.

Looking at the work canteen menu, it's likely to be a chicken kiev for lunch (I once had one in Kiev itself, so I consider myself a bit of an authority). They often have homemade battenburg on Wednesdays, which is the cake equivalent of an eleventh-hour swoop for Hendo.

Have you ever even been to Battenburg? If not, then how will you be able to tell if it's cake is any good, let alone the cake equivalent of an eleventh-hour swoop for Hendo?

What if your analogy leads to a disappointing second spell for Hendo?

Maybe we should just call the whole deal off, that's if it's even on in the first place!

Thank god for plastic sheets.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Morning.

Awww babes *swoon*

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Currently undertaking my third Harburn Hobby of the day. Coffee and fags truly are life's greatest laxative.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Still waiting for Mark Kerr to become any good.

Reported.

TAHibby
31-08-2016, 09:29 AM
First noticing this was when it really dawned on me that sky sports news scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

I mean a serious news channel using how good soneone is or is not on a computer game? Farcical.

Still, i bet mark kerr wishes they had done with him.

The database in football manager is actually quite remarkable but for sky to be using it is just embarrassing

BroxburnHibee
31-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Morning.

Awesome.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Have you ever even been to Battenburg? If not, then how will you be able to tell if it's cake is any good, let alone the cake equivalent of an eleventh-hour swoop for Hendo?

What if your analogy leads to a disappointing second spell for Hendo?

Maybe we should just call the whole deal off, that's if it's even on in the first place!

Thank god for plastic sheets.

In anticipation of this asinine question I used the less common but entirely valid spelling of the cake, battenburg. As any fule kno, the names of both eponymous towns in the Rhineland are spelled Battenberg. You walked right into that one.

In other news, a colleague has come back from the US with mint M&Ms. Kris Commons, done deal.

Suburban Hibby
31-08-2016, 10:03 AM
In anticipation of this asinine question I used the less common but entirely valid spelling of the cake, battenburg. As any fule kno, the names of both eponymous towns in the Rhineland are spelled Battenberg. You walked right into that one.

In other news, a colleague has come back from the US with mint M&Ms. Kris Commons, done deal.

Mint M & M's, discovered them in Florida last month, plain chocolate and green- absolutely magic!

Greenworld
31-08-2016, 10:08 AM
We could with someone to deliver ....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 10:10 AM
We could with someone to deliver ....

We could what, with someone to deliver?

:baited breath smiley:

stoneyburn hibs
31-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Is there nobody in the bushes ?

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 10:15 AM
We could what, with someone to deliver?

:baited breath smiley:

Amazon will deliver mint M&Ms: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mint-Dark-Chocolate-42-5-Pack/dp/B0087C9SF6/

And then you can do whatever you like with them.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Not got the butterflies this year.

Today's itinerary is:

Off into town with my daughter Erin (23) to shop
Lunch*
Golf at 3.22pm
Dinner in clubhouse (Pie, Chips and Beans is my standard order)
Meeting re budget for golf club Prizegiving night (last Friday in October - big man has two trophies to collect :greengrin)

Should be home about 8.30 and may put SKYSports on, may not.. :cb

*Seeking advice on lunch - SpudULike or SubWay??

lyonhibs
31-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Breakfast was a rather tame affair of 2 croissants bought at the station owing to the wife's forgetfulness on the shopping front meaning the usual boiled egg and soldiers was off the menu.

Lunch to be green beans and some rather lovely poached chicken, a concept I was initially suspicious of being from the "roast or GTF" camp vis-a-vis whole chickens, but I'd wholly recommend getting your other half to do it.

Dinner TBC. Almost certainly of the pizza or similar variety, which should provide ample opportunity to "accidentally" divert via the crisps and salted snacks aisle (pitiful as the choice is over here in "Paprika or Plain" land).

I'll be expecting no signings, or 4 signings. Not decided yet.

Jim White had better have a yellow tie on though, or I won't be held accountable for my actions.

Albanian Hibs
31-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Grabbed myself a bag of Daims from Ikea yesterday and getting ready to settle down on the couch with them while my youngest trails playdoh all over the carpet 😣

Hibs90
31-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Currently tucking into the remains of last nights Two for Tuesday spectacular from Dominos, about to be followed a smashing glass of Irn Bru. Healthy foods are not an option on Transfer Deadline Day. Neither are Healthy signings, I only want to see Henderson delivered today.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 10:36 AM

He was terrific on PES too.

Still fuming at your vastly superior breakfast. The biftas went years ago, nothing adequately replaces them when contemplating the recent demolition of a full Scottish. Harrumph.

Green Man
31-08-2016, 10:42 AM
I've had a reasonably healthy start to the day, berry granola and black coffee for breakfast followed by the half banana that my youngest son didn't eat. Lunch is honey smoked salmon on a brown rice, kale and quinoa salad (seriously) with a peanut sauce. I've got a pepperoni pizza for tea though and snacks are bound to come into play later on, so the healthy eating will go out the window once we're into PM.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 10:45 AM
brown rice, kale and quinoa

Speechless.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Currently tucking into the remains of last nights Two for Tuesday spectacular from Dominos, about to be followed a smashing glass of Irn Bru. Healthy foods are not an option on Transfer Deadline Day. Neither are Healthy signings, I only want to see Henderson delivered today.
Never trust a man that doesn't finish a pizza. Unless of course it was a very lonely two for Tuesday?

Paloschi
31-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Porridge, Banana and 2 tunnocks tea cakes for breakfast washed down with 3 coffees. Bagel for lunch. I dont think the 6 pack of tea cakes will last the whole day although if Henderson signs i will eat the remaining 4 in one go whilst lying back on my chair shouting 'he has been delivered'

Hibrandenburg
31-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Sat looking across the Forth from my Burntisland holiday cottage with my binoculars trained on Easter Road. I'll let you guys know if I spot any private helicopters coming in or out. Still in my pyjamas and plan to stay that way all day, could make my trip to the off-licence later a bit dodgy though, they might mistake me for a local.

Green Man
31-08-2016, 11:07 AM
That healthy nonsense just didn't cut it for lunch. Having a bowl of fruit n fibre to try and stave off the hunger but the sun's coming out so a cornetto could be on the cards.

SteveHFC
31-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Just been uptown for a interview and was offered a trial for a few weeks to see how I get on. Happy days :hyper

Away to training later on this evening then heading to Morrisons to pick up a few treats for the remaining hours of deadline day.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 11:11 AM
I now know what quinoa is.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I've had a reasonably healthy start to the day, berry granola and black coffee for breakfast followed by the half banana that my youngest son didn't eat. Lunch is honey smoked salmon on a brown rice, kale and quinoa salad (seriously) with a peanut sauce. I've got a pepperoni pizza for tea though and snacks are bound to come into play later on, so the healthy eating will go out the window once we're into PM.

I have absolutely no idea what half of those foods are.

McSwanky
31-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I now know what quinoa is.

Care to enlighten any of us heathens that have yet to come across such rarities?

jacomo
31-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Never trust a man that doesn't finish a pizza. Unless of course it was a very lonely two for Tuesday?

Doesn't matter. Over ordering pizza is always a wise move. My heart leaps for joy when I open the fridge and see yesterday's pizza in there.

Meanwhile, David 'emotes' Luiz back to Chelsea. WTF?

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 11:18 AM

I really miss being able to buy Nii Lamptey!

SteveHFC
31-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Doesn't matter. Over ordering pizza is always a wise move. My heart leaps for joy when I open the fridge and see yesterday's pizza in there.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhl4jbMvAW1qff1xf.gif

WhileTheChief..
In my own words....

Quinoa is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal, similar in some respects to buckwheat, rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family.

Really good sprinkled on top of ice cream with some Ice Magic.

heidtheba
Well done Sir for starting this thread and for those contributing to it!
THIS is my favourite hibs.net thread, love it. Genuine laugh out loud moments.

Hoping Mrs Me brings back a Costa millionaires shortbread. I'm somewhat addicted.

Got some fizzy haribos and a multipack of bacon McCoys (she cheaped out on the proper packets...)

Multipack bags aren't only smaller are they? They tend to be lacking 'crispness'...which is boll&x for things called 'crisps'.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Breakfast was a link sausage & tattie scone roll with a wee bit of ketchup from my work's canteen.

Lunch was a Co-Op meal deal; egg & bacon sandwich, Co-Op Sea Salt & Chardonnay Wine Vinegar crisps washed down with a bottle of Irn-Bru. Treated myself to a Boost too.

Not sure what's for tea, will need wait until I'm home to find out.

Would love it if Henderson was delivered today but think we'll only see 1 signing which will be a right back.

Transfer Deadline Day should be a national holiday.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 11:22 AM

A leftover spring roll is up there with that too IMHO.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Awright sh@*gers,

Will Hibs sign anyone?

Who is it that brings us updates from a scary Brown Owl?

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Hoping Mrs Me brings back a Costa millionaires shortbread. I'm somewhat addicted.

Got some fizzy haribos and a multipack of bacon McCoys (she cheaped out on the proper packets...)

Multipack bags aren't only smaller are they? They tend to be lacking 'crispness'...which is boll&x for things called 'crisps'.
The thread will really excel post 5pm when we find out what everyone's having for tea and then supper.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 11:32 AM
The thread will really excel post 5pm when we find out what everyone's having for tea and then supper.

I always find the variety of snacking options the most exciting. There's always the standard crisps, chocolate etc but there is sometimes some renegade who goes for something outlandish.

I hope it's one of the exciting deadline days where the unusual snacks make an appearance.

Green Man
31-08-2016, 11:34 AM
In my own words....

Quinoa is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal, similar in some respects to buckwheat, rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family.

That's exactly how I was going to describe it.

lyonhibs
31-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Speechless.

As will those in his/her immediate vicinity be once that potently fetid combo works its way through the digestive tract.

McSwanky
31-08-2016, 11:37 AM
In my own words....

Ironically, that is my usual breakfast. Here was me just calling it plain 'cereal.' What a fool I feel.

(I had bran flakes this morning though.)

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 11:39 AM

I'm sworn against multipack crisps. Who are they to tell me what I can and can't eat? They don't know me.

Over the years, I have honed my crisps procurement skills and now tend to settle for the 6/4 ratio. Basically, 6 packets of your cheaper, more obscure tastier 20/30p snacks such as Space Raiders, Bobby's etc whilst the four are your pricier, more exclusive sorts such as Roysters, Frazzles and suchlike.

The only multipack that shall ever cross my lips are Frisps. All three of the nation's staple flavours are a triumph. And even then I baulk at them decreeing I should have two of each. What if I wanted three of the ready salted and only one of the cheese and onion? Overbearing barstewards.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Thinking of taking a little stroll through Tranent for a half hour or so. I need to find a reputable e-cig and stock up on scran.

Also, I wrote a song about a Burrito.

Actually, it's more of a wrap if I'm being honest.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I always find the variety of snacking options the most exciting. There's always the standard crisps, chocolate etc but there is sometimes some renegade who goes for something outlandish.

I hope it's one of the exciting deadline days where the unusual snacks make an appearance.
You would really like this: https://www.facebook.com/MealDealTalk/

It's quite possibly the greatest Facebook page of all time. We should really have something similar stickied to the main board.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Has anyone here ever tried "Bacon Tasty's" (apostrophe isn't my mistake...)

They are crisps from the Gods.

You can only really get them from the type of independent shop that stocks Strawberry Creams rather than Custard Creams.

silverhibee
31-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Is it not relevant to you? I did say in the title it was irrelevant so it's cool if it's not.

I'm guessing it is relevant to you given your username.

Potential for a square go already. BTG for a pagger. :greengrin

Dalianwanda
31-08-2016, 11:49 AM
In my own words....

A complete protein no less...I've used it as an alternative to rice & Couscous in the past..I'd recommend cooking it with a stock cube though. It was a staple grain of the poor in places like Peru & Bolivia although the increase in prices due to demand from the west has put this nutricious grain out of the reach of those who have lived on it for centuries..So I tend to use it only now & again rather than a constant addition to meals.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 11:50 AM

It's quite possibly the greatest Facebook page of all time. We should really have something similar stickied to the main board.

I'm already a big fan of that page, it's superb.

Not sure the admins on here would let you get away with some of the more 'creative' language used on that page, though.

:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Potential for a square go already. BTG for a pagger. :greengrin

I wasn't expecting to offer my wares until after lunch but I'm game :faf:

If you're allowed a back-up I'm bringing Scoopyboy. Handy in a square-go for a gent of slightly advancing years.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 11:54 AM
See those wee shops that strawberry creams, can you still get Football Crazy's there? Miss them.

hibs0666
31-08-2016, 11:55 AM
All this talk of tucker reminds me of a restaurant review in London. It came from a girl that had been taken up the Oxo Tower for the first time by her boyfriend. After some initial trepidation, it ended up an experience that she wanted to try again, it was that good.

I've never tried the Oxo Tower myself. Has anyone else been up there?

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 12:00 PM
I spend my dinner time in my car because i hate eating with my workmates......especially the fat one with the clicky jaw

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 12:02 PM
A complete protein no less...I've used it as an alternative to rice & Couscous in the past..I'd recommend cooking it with a stock cube though. It was a staple grain of the poor in places like Peru & Bolivia although the increase in prices due to demand from the west has put this nutricious grain out of the reach of those who have lived on it for centuries..So I tend to use it only now & again rather than a constant addition to meals.

Indeed. Turns out the nutrient composition is favourable compared with most common cereals with acceptable levels of calcium, phosphorus and iron not forgetting amino acids such as lysine.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 12:19 PM
brown rice, kale and quinoa

a bowl of fruit n fibre

Admins why is this guy still here?

Lunch update: the chicken kiev was serviceable, but it came with salad. I made up the difference with curly fries.

Another handful of mint M&Ms. Considering booking a meeting room for the afternoon, closing the blinds and sticking the cup final on.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Indeed. Turns out the nutrient composition is favourable compared with most common cereals with acceptable levels of calcium, phosphorus and iron not forgetting amino acids such as lysine.

Speaking of, what's everyone's favourite proteinogenic amino acid? Mines is proline.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Is "Kris Ababusi's sex stories" still on the go?

Comedy gold from about 2008.

lyonhibs
31-08-2016, 12:24 PM
All this talk of tucker reminds me of a restaurant review in London. It came from a girl that had been taken up the Oxo Tower for the first time by her boyfriend. After some initial trepidation, it ended up an experience that she wanted to try again, it was that good.

A warning to all:

Do not Google "taken up the Oxo Tower".

I haven't done so but despite there indeed being a nice restaurant at the top I'm going to bet that the above phrase as so worded may lead you down some of the internet's - ahem - darker alleys.

matty_f
31-08-2016, 12:26 PM

I've not tried the Oxo Tower either, I hear they do an excellent nutty brown log though.

Has anyone else experienced a really good nutty brown log?

Smartie
31-08-2016, 12:26 PM

I haven't, but I recall having a conversation with a young lady who posted a similar experience at a place called "Bourneville Boulevard".

Is that where this tower is situated?

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 12:28 PM

Are you confusing Facebook with Xhamster?

BroxburnHibee
31-08-2016, 12:29 PM
4 slices of cheese on toast, large mug of tea and a whole packet of Oreos for lunch.

You don't have to say anything I'm already :boo hoo:

matty_f
31-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I haven't, but I recall having a conversation with a young lady who posted a similar experience at a place called "Bourneville Boulevard".

Is that where this tower is situated?

It's junction 2 on the Marmite Motorway.

lyonhibs
31-08-2016, 12:31 PM

No he's not, and I'd respectfully ask you keep your hamster's activities to yourself.

AWOOOOOOOOGA!!!

nellio
31-08-2016, 12:31 PM

I remember reading those a few years back. Ridiculous and utterly hilarious.

Off the bar
31-08-2016, 12:33 PM
I've not tried the Oxo Tower either, I hear they do an excellent nutty brown log though.

Has anyone else experienced a really good nutty brown log?

No but I do enjoy a good crêpe

Albanian Hibs
31-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Fried up last nights homemade pasta in some olive oil for lunch - pasta with tomato, brocolli, tatties, cooked with 2 stock cubes. Some oregano and garlic powder to flavour. Baked in oven with some nando's hot sauce on top.

Glass of Lilt to wash it down.
My 3 year old daughter had Asda brand beans and a slice of bread.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 12:36 PM

No, definitely not. I am aware of Xhamster, the difference between that and Facebook is that I don't know any of the c***s on Xhamster.

Google "Kris Akabusi's sex stories" and read some of the 'Busi blogs, as long as you are not easily offended.

It all started out on Facebook but appears to have migrated elsewhere.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 12:38 PM

The last time I was in London I tried to get in there but, the woman in charge of the door said my name wasn't on the list so I wasn't getting in. Went round to the front entrance was able to enter and leave again as often as I wanted! :-)

All joking apart the actual location is well worth a visit too.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Tin of Dr Pepper.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:00 PM
I bought an e-cig. No scran though. Confusing times. I'm all over the place here.

I also miss Jorge Claros.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Tin of Dr Pepper.

What's the worst that could happen?

*Neil Lennon swaps Cummings with some huddy fae Inverness on a free*

jacomo
31-08-2016, 01:03 PM
I bought an e-cig. No scran though. Confusing times. I'm all over the place here.

Wait... You've already broken the seal today, and now you buy an e-cig?

matty_f
31-08-2016, 01:06 PM

Get yourself back out for a Greggs. Transfer Deadline Day requires scran,

Hibs90
31-08-2016, 01:06 PM
I am still awaiting my delivery of Liam Henderson, by what a delivery it will be.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Morning.

Looking at the work canteen menu, it's likely to be a chicken kiev for lunch (I once had one in Kiev itself, so I consider myself a bit of an authority).

This is just a poultry point but, I believe the origins of Chicken Kiev can be traced backed to the hotel kitchens of mid 19th century Paris, anyway, not to worry, no harm no fowl.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 01:09 PM
This is just a poultry point but, I believe the origins of Chicken Kiev can be traced backed to the hotel kitchens of mid 19th century Paris, anyway, not to worry, no harm no fowl.

I'm winging it a bit.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Nong Shim Shin Cup Noodle Pot with a liberal pour of Franks Hot Sauce just been consumed, a vast improvement on the more domestic Pot Noodle.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Wait... You've already broken the seal today, and now you buy an e-cig?

I know, I know. I have completely lost control of the situation here. I'm also due to head out later for a few hours. On top of that o2 are proving to be quite the pests as my signal keeps dropping so I'm relying on the house wifi at present.

All in all it's been a frankly dreadful start to my day.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Nong Shim Shin Cup Noodle Pot with a liberal pour of Franks Hot Sauce just been consumed, a vast improvement on the more domestic Pot Noodle.

Asda do a rather fetching one. No idea the brand mind you as its in Chinese. However if you double up and chuck in some chicken tikka chunks into the mix it's positively Michelin star munching.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Asda do a rather fetching one. No idea the brand mind you as its in Chinese. However if you double up and chuck in some chicken tikka chunks into the mix it's positively Michelin star munching.

It was indeed purchased from the weekly shopping mecca that is known as Asda Chesser.

surreyhibbie
31-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Oriental buffet at The Water Margin at the O2, thought I would treat myself as it is a special occasion.

got a discount too :thumbsup:

jacomo
31-08-2016, 01:24 PM
I know, I know. I have completely lost control of the situation here. I'm also due to head out later for a few hours. On top of that o2 are proving to be quite the pests as my signal keeps dropping so I'm relying on the house wifi at present.

All in all it's been a frankly dreadful start to my day.

Some quality snacking should restore the blood sugar levels and bring you round.

A colleague just returned from holiday in Devon. Having failed to bring back any treats, he sheepishly nipped out at lunchtime to buy some Cantebury fudge. From Tiger, the Scandinavian odds and ends shop.

Confused extraction aside, it hit the spot.

We've discussed going up the Oxo tower when in London, but has anyone intended to pack the fudge whilst on holiday but then failed to do so?

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Some quality snacking should restore the blood sugar levels and bring you round.

A colleague just returned from holiday in Devon. Having failed to bring back any treats, he sheepishly nipped out at lunchtime to buy some Cantebury fudge. From Tiger, the Scandinavian odds and ends shop.

Confused extraction aside, it hit the spot.

We've discussed going up the Oxo tower when in London, but has anyone intended to pack the fudge whilst on holiday but then failed to do so?

No, but I once unintentionally did much to the wife's chagrin.

Ho hum, when in Rome as they say. Or more to the point, Selkirk.

J-C
31-08-2016, 01:36 PM
I'll have a bottle of M&S fresh orange and sparkling water in the taxi, with a Starbucks tall mocha and raspberry cheesecake muffin later, no later than 9pm though as it shuts then.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Had my first ever cheesecake on Sunday actually. Quite delightful.

34 years it took me. Proof, if it was ever needed, that I was built wrong.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 01:42 PM

No but, going back to Kiev, I seem to remember spending a lot of my time downstairs in Viola's Bierstube the last time Scotland played there, it was a tremendously welcoming venue with 24 hour opening, it used to have a bit of a problem with dampness on the walls but, there were never any problems getting in or out.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 01:46 PM
I'll have a bottle of M&S fresh orange and sparkling water in the taxi, with a Starbucks tall mocha and raspberry cheesecake muffin later,[Q] no later than 9pm though as it shuts then.[/B]

Starbucks not staying open late tonight?

Tells you all you need to know about Americans and their understanding of 'soccer'.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:50 PM
No but, going back to Kiev, I seem to remember spending a lot of my time downstairs in Viola's Bierstube the last time Scotland played there, it was a tremendously welcoming venue with 24 hour opening, it used to have a bit of a problem with dampness on the walls but, there were never any problems getting in or out.

Viola sounds like a really nice girl.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 01:51 PM
What's the worst that could happen?

*Neil Lennon swaps Cummings with some huddy fae Inverness on a free*

Apart from having to actually drink the tin of Dr Pepper?

How about - you wake up in the Hibernian FC sex swing (which hangs from the helipad remember). In a "clinch" with Rod Petrie, he tells you that you've been drugged - the last thing that you remember is that you were offered a pill at HT during February's game at Tynecastle which offered you a chance to turn the game around.

What actually happened next during the game was that Craig Thomson gave Hearts a succession of ropey penalties - we lost our cool, got 4 men sent off and Hearts went on to win the game 9-0 before going on to lift the trophy against Sevco.

The Scottish Cup win you thought we had was nothing but a hallucination, a dream.

You are left spluttering "but, but, but……Conrad Logan………..Liam Henderson to DELIVERRRRRRRRR………..Celebration on Leith Walk and Leith Links…………..Sevco muppets making fannies of themselves……………Copenhagen…………………Neil Lennon as manager………………….Andrew Shinnie and Grant Holt……………four straight wins to start the new season". Petrie smirks as he walks you down to Maurice Malpas' managers office whilst you try to work out what has happened to your tattered ring piece.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Good grief.

HibbyScott
31-08-2016, 01:58 PM

How about - you wake up in the Hibernian FC sex swing (which hangs from the helipad remember). In a "clinch" with Rod Petrie, he tells you that you've been drugged - the last thing that you remember is that you were offered a pill at HT during February's game at Tynecastle which offered you a chance to turn the game around.

What actually happened next during the game was that Craig Thomson gave Hearts a succession of ropey penalties - we lost our cool, got 4 men sent off and Hearts went on to win the game 9-0 before going on to lift the trophy against Sevco.

The Scottish Cup win you thought we had was nothing but a hallucination, a dream.

You are left spluttering "but, but, but……Conrad Logan………..Liam Henderson to DELIVERRRRRRRRR………..Celebration on Leith Walk and Leith Links…………..Sevco muppets making fannies of themselves……………Copenhagen…………………Neil Lennon as manager………………….Andrew Shinnie and Grant Holt……………four straight wins to start the new season". Petrie smirks as he walks you down to Maurice Malpas' managers office whilst you try to work out what has happened to your tattered ring piece.

:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Thats the most harrowing thing I've ever read on this forum

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Viola sounds like a really nice girl.

She was located at the bottom of Shevchenko Boulevard. Her estranged husband Eric had a place which was cleverly named Eric's Bierstube but, I never tried to get in there!

(These boozers actually do exist)!

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 02:01 PM

I think you need to see someone.

SRHibs
31-08-2016, 02:04 PM

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 02:06 PM

:shocked:

A footballing apocalypse.

GGTTH

jacomo
31-08-2016, 02:07 PM
I think you need to see someone.

I'm back in therapy already.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Well, this thread has taken a turn.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Well, this thread has taken a turn.

Bloody Dr Pepper.

That's what it does.

Evil stuff.

J-C
31-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Starbucks not staying open late tonight?

Tells you all you need to know about Americans and their understanding of 'soccer'.

It's either a Starbucks before 9 or some wishy washy pish they try to call Costa at some of these garages, I'll go for the real Starbucks and talksport on the radio :greengrin

J-C
31-08-2016, 02:26 PM

Haha :top marks straight from the mind of a cycle path.

SteveHFC
31-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Haha :top marks straight from the mind of a cycle path.

I didn't know cycle paths had minds

brog
31-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Had my first ever cheesecake on Sunday actually. Quite delightful.

34 years it took me. Proof, if it was ever needed, that I was built wrong.

As no one has gongratulated you on your 'wrap' gag please let me be the first & keep up the healthy eating, in between puffs!

J-C
31-08-2016, 02:45 PM
I didn't know cycle paths had minds

I always call psychopaths cycle paths, taken from a bad joke with a play on words :greengrin

s.a.m
31-08-2016, 02:53 PM
I always call psychopaths cycle paths, taken from a bad joke with a play on words :greengrin

I once wrote a poem called Cycle Path Psychopath. I was cross at the time.

NRW_Hibbie
31-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Lunch was a beef burrito (very tasty, but will go spicier next time) from Taquito on Home Street followed by a violet ice cream from the incredible Mary's Milk Bar in the Grassmarket. Dinner is back at home so will be slops cooked up by the wife. No matter, it's deadline day and I can supplement those inevitably meagre rations with Kettle Chips, Kit Kats (two finger, foil wrapper) and black coffee.

Dalianwanda
31-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Bit devistated.....I was up at Belfast for the weekend & to my delight managed to get 3 packets of Brannigans Beef & Mustard crisps..My favorites when back home, Id forgotten all about how good they were..They dont do them down here..Thought they were in my rucksack waiting for me to rip into them today..Gutted I must have eaten them all on Saturday when returning from my night out...Now trying to forget how good they were:boo hoo:

jacomo
31-08-2016, 03:00 PM
It's either a Starbucks before 9 or some wishy washy pish they try to call Costa at some of these garages, I'll go for the real Starbucks and talksport on the radio :greengrin

I'm with you.

Starbucks is an expensive habit and often disappointing, but occasionally really hits the spot.

Costa serves up rubbish in a horrible environment, but is everywhere - they are simply obsessed by size.

One is green, the other maroon.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Bit devistated.....I was up at Belfast for the weekend & to my delight managed to get 3 packets of Brannigans Beef & Mustard crisps..My favorites when back home, Id forgotten all about how good they were..They dont do them down here..Thought they were in my rucksack waiting for me to rip into them today..Gutted I must have eaten them all on Saturday when returning from my night out...Now trying to forget how good they were:boo hoo:

Sorry for your loss.

Those crisps are indeed a bit special.

GordonHFC
31-08-2016, 03:05 PM

B&M sell them 😊👍

Sergey
31-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Those crisps are indeed a bit special.

All crisps (and potato based snacklets) have a Best Before Date that falls on a Saturday :nerd:

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2016, 03:10 PM
I predict we will sign noone. That way I can't be disappointed.

Food wise I might have to throw Lean in 15 out the window and get a pizza for tea from Bravos in Rosyth.

What position does noone play?

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Too many psychopaths, not enough cycle paths (http://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/four-lads-who-shook-the-wirral-1998/children-apocalyptic-techstep/)

Tempted to grab another Dr Pepper, to be honest.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Too many psychopaths, not enough cycle paths (http://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/four-lads-who-shook-the-wirral-1998/children-apocalyptic-techstep/)

Tempted to grab another Dr Pepper, to be honest.

Don't.

Please don't.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Don't.

Please don't.

What if I told you vanilla Coke is making a comeback?

Smartie
31-08-2016, 03:27 PM

I could live with that.

Just as long as Tab Clear isn't even thinking about it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 03:31 PM

Quite simply the ultimate crisp since Walkers gave Bovril flavour the elbow. Golden Wonder do an outstanding wee 20p pack of Salt and Vinegar savoury straw type things that are very good too.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 03:34 PM
I could live with that.

Just as long as Tab Clear isn't even thinking about it.

I think this, considered alongside a shout out for the wonderfully old-school Lilt earlier on, represents an area of untapped TDD potential.

matty_f
31-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I think this, considered alongside a shout out for the wonderfully old-school Lilt earlier on, represents an area of untapped TDD potential.

A totally tropical transfer deadline day thread!

BH Hibs
31-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Quite simply the ultimate crisp since Walkers gave Bovril flavour the elbow. Golden Wonder do an outstanding wee 20p pack of Salt and Vinegar savoury straw type things that are very good too.

My mother swore never to buy Golden Wonder again after they shut down the factory in Broxburn and Thatcher did **** all to stop it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 03:45 PM
My mother swore never to buy Golden Wonder again after they shut down the factory in Broxburn and Thatcher did **** all to stop it.

MT probably preferred Tudor.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2016, 03:46 PM

I haven't had them in many a year, but I used to find that Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps were the only of that flavour that actually had a satisfactory level of onion flavour, to balance out the cheese.

Of course, many of the premium crisps available these days have raised the bar considerably on that front.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 03:47 PM
OK it's nearly home time, so: are Chipsticks crisps?

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 03:49 PM
A leftover spring roll is up there with that too IMHO.

There is no such thing.

Nor a leftover pakora.

Sergey
31-08-2016, 03:51 PM

Taking the piss now - inferior corn based snacks have absolutely no place on this thread.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 03:52 PM

I'm still too traumatised to consider category debates.

Dr Pepper is to blame. Apparently.

Hibs90
31-08-2016, 04:13 PM
About to embark on a wonderful journey to Morrisons on a snack run hopefully full of rumour and Liam Henderson related tip offs. Still no sign of my Henderson Delivery however I remain upbeat and hopeful that Hibernian will provide this.

southsider
31-08-2016, 04:19 PM

Perfect mixer for the Vody

BH Hibs
31-08-2016, 04:26 PM

Aye she would've approved of the delivery boy's entrepreneurial skills in using child labour to delive his last to the block of flats where the lift was out in the advert right enough.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 04:31 PM

San Pellegrino limonata serves that purpose extremely well.

HibbySpurs
31-08-2016, 04:42 PM

I'd go up the rocket for a canny packet o Tudor....

Sadly like the crisps that particular Gateshead landmark no longer exists

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 04:45 PM
If there's a finer snack than Asda's (Perfect for sharing) Bacon Bites, I've yet to ram them in.

99p worth of sheer moreish joy.

And I'm sharing nane.

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2016, 04:50 PM
The thought of all mentioned tasty snacks has me quavering allover

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 05:03 PM
The thought of all mentioned tasty snacks has me quavering allover

I find myself asking wotsit all about though.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Taking the piss now - inferior corn based snacks have absolutely no place on this thread.

Woah- that's bolshevik talk that is.

Corn based crisps are the 'gold standard'. Wotsits - only Twister Wotsits are higher up in the crisp stakes. My colleague had Wotsits out for a dinner party at his, cue much abuse from my middle class female colleagues but his reply was brilliant...'but they were in bowls!!!!'.

Hearts supporter = Hearts class. But you have to accept that Wotsits are just the bomb really.

Craig_HFC
31-08-2016, 05:06 PM
My Mrs phoned me while I was on the bus home asking if I fancied a chippy for tea tonight and that she'd pay since it's her payday today...

I'd already bought 2 packets of Mexican Chilli McCoys for snacking on up until the deadline as well.. what a transfer deadline day this is turning out to be!

Baw187
31-08-2016, 05:07 PM
If there's a finer snack than Asda's (Perfect for sharing) Bacon Bites, I've yet to ram them in.

99p worth of sheer moreish joy.

And I'm sharing nane.

They're good, I'll give you that. But Asda onion rings are also the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 05:09 PM
I'd go up the rocket for a canny packet o Tudor....

Sadly like the crisps that particular Gateshead landmark no longer exists

Given that we're discussing MT and there was a previous chat about the 'Bourneville Boulevard', I think my brain's made a really disturbing mental link here. Even worse than the 'Malpas as manager' bit hinted earlier.

Stuff of nightmares...

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 05:09 PM

I'm telling you - "Bacon Tasty's" - has no one else tried them?

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 05:11 PM
I find myself asking wotsit all about though.

I wish there was a way to make sure that when a snack comment is made, the thread just Skips to the next post.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 05:12 PM

I've not tried them yet, but they're now on my list.

A full report will be issued in due course.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm telling you - "Bacon Tasty's" - has no one else tried them?

From where?

Baw187
31-08-2016, 05:13 PM
I've not tried them yet, but they're now on my list.

A full report will be issued in due course.

You won't be disappointed. [emoji39]

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Ah cous-cous So good they named it twice ;)

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 05:18 PM
From where?

https://www.poundshop.com/golden-cross-bacon-tasty-s-150g Satisfyingly unhealthy. Wouldn't be surprised if the ingredients contained banned substances.

hibs0666
31-08-2016, 05:18 PM
I haven't had them in many a year, but I used to find that Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps were the only of that flavour that actually had a satisfactory level of onion flavour, to balance out the cheese.

Of course, many of the premium crisps available these days have raised the bar considerably on that front.

Gotta be GW spring onion flavour. As delicate as an Oxo Tower chocolate nut log.

Green Man
31-08-2016, 05:29 PM
As I predicted earlier, I had a cornetto after lunch. Peanut butter flavour. I then ran 10km and had a mid afternoon snack of apple and strawberries (another dish of children's leftovers).

I have gone some way to redeeming myself by sharing a 12" pepperoni pizza with my oldest son. 1/4 for him, 3/4 for me, with Nandos piri piri sauce round the crust.

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 05:32 PM
I then ran 10km

Christ on a bike, stop the madness!

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Command centre now established in the spare room, SSN on.

Been out to the Co-op for Irn-Bru and McCoy's and I caught an Electabuzz on the way. What a great day.

rotherhamrob
31-08-2016, 05:37 PM

2 hands? ya flash bassa.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Command centre now established in the spare room, SSN on.

Been out to the Co-op for Irn-Bru and McCoy's and I caught an Electabuzz on the way. What a great day.

I had to google that...wasn't what I thought it was. Which was good...

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 05:40 PM
These pictures of folk getting selfies with David Luiz in St Pancras are taking me back to when I saw Jonathan Edwards in the St Pancras M&S, perusing the fancy sandwiches.

jgl07
31-08-2016, 05:44 PM
These pictures of folk getting selfies with David Luiz in St Pancras are taking me back to when I saw Jonathan Edwards in the St Pancras M&S, perusing the fancy sandwiches.
I did once see Jack Charlton at the filling station by the Maybury. He was buying a packet of fags. He was in Edinburgh for Don Revie's funeral.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Myself and my mates bumped into Chris Kamara in an obscure London pub one Hogmannay about 10 years ago with someone he shouldn't have been with, eventually accepted the unbelievable stuff and humoured us with Hibs chat for 10 mins before leaving! :-)

J-C
31-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Go out for few hours work and now sitting on the rank in Castle St having a good old chuckle to myself, well done everyone so far . :)
Branigans crisps were indeed top notch but can anyone tell me the name of the ones with bubbles steak and onion flavour they were, mmmmmmmm

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Go out for few hours work and now sitting on the rank in Castle St having a good old chuckle to myself, well done everyone so far . :)
Branigans crisps were indeed top notch but can anyone tell me the name of the ones with bubbles steak and onion flavour they were, mmmmmmmm

Roysters?

SteveHFC
31-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Just bought 2 pizza's for £4 which will be eaten along with other snacks for the final few hours.

The_Horde
31-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Hello you keeeeents

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Just bought 2 pizza's for £4 which will be eaten along with other snacks for the final few hours.

Cardboard base?

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I realise this will come as a shock to some, but most people in Vienna have never heard of a Viennese Whirl. I asked for one in a Cafe in Vienna... and ended up dancing with the Waitress.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be too surprised if they've never heard of Battenberg Cake in Battenberg.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Quantity over quality. It's the Mixu or Pat approach to TDD.

I wish you more success than those guys had.

J-C
31-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Roysters?

We'll done that man, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2016, 06:56 PM
I realise this will come as a shock to some, but most people in Vienna have never heard of a Viennese Whirl. I asked for one in a Cafe in Vienna... and ended up dancing with the Waitress.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be too surprised if they've never heard of Battenberg Cake in Battenberg.

They have at thePBS it's the new strip

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 06:57 PM
They have at thePBS it's the new strip

We should start calling them the Marzipanners.

:wink:

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 06:57 PM

With that in mind, I wouldn't be too surprised if they've never heard of Battenburg Cake in Battenburg.

Since the Great British Bake Off is about to provide some ratings competition to SSN, it's an ideal time to say that my showstopper would be the Battenburg Gate: the Brandenburg Gate exquisitely rendered in battenburg.

Green Man
31-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Christ on a bike, stop the madness!

I knew that would go down well here :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2016, 07:00 PM
We should start calling them the Marzipanners.

:wink:

The hibs panners will nt be happy

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 07:01 PM
***Jim White klaxon***

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 07:01 PM
However, you CAN get Vienneta in Vienna.

Never seen a Cornetto in Venice though.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Battered mushrooms and a portion of ( veg) Pakora purchased from the chippy which is due (20.30) local time, Once iv'e aten it , Its bed time.. years gone by i was an avid poster on threads like this, I guess i just grew up.

So bed for me at 21.00 give or take 10 minutes.

We don't need any players we are skooshing this league,

P.P.S Well done Alan Mcinally for having the BALLS to say Jack Wilshere made the wrong move not going abroad....BOURNEMOUTH?? WTF!!

lyonhibs
31-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Battered mushrooms and a portion of ( veg) Pakora purchased from the chippy which is due (20.30) local time, Once iv'e aten it , Its bed time.. years gone by i was an avid poster on threads like this, I guess i just grew up.

P.P.S Well done Alan Mcinally for having the BALLS to say Jack Wilshere made the wrong move not going abroad....BOURNEMOUTH?? WTF!!

Why would abroad necessarily automatically be a better choice than an EPL team for an English player?

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Why would abroad necessarily automatically be a better choice than an EPL team for an English player?

What's that got to do with food?

:confused:

JDT
31-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Sam Stanton has been loaned to Dumbarton according to that Kenny Millar chap on twitter. Oops just noticed this is the wrong thread!

duffers
31-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Chorizo sausages. If that's not a TDD treat then I don't know what is!

3pm
31-08-2016, 07:12 PM

Not sure why Wilshire would go abroad when he has just learned English?

HibbyAndy
31-08-2016, 07:14 PM

Ask me this on the serious transfer thread please.

I'l answer you honestly , I just cant'/Won't take this thread serious.

P.s if Matt Le tissier agrees with me your opinion is invalid

Gmack7
31-08-2016, 07:14 PM
***Jim White klaxon***

Where's Natalie :@

HibbyAndy
31-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Not sure why Wilshire would go abroad when he has just learned English.

Maybe he want's you to learn how to spell 'Wilshere' Just a hunch ?

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 07:18 PM

Never tried Vanilla Coke with vodka which is my tipple of choice for the weekend. Normally I have normal Coke. If i see it i'm going to try it.

Last week as a change from crisps as a snack which is normally wotsits, mixtured hulas or mcvities cheese cheddars I came across a big bag of monkey nuts in asda. Superb but shells can be a bit messy.

GGTTH

Sergey
31-08-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm completely imperturbable as to what happens herein with our TDD shenanigans - I've just scored some fine samosa's from my local Afghan bakery.

I'm, not convinced that the meat inside is indeed the advertised lamb, but I don't give a fig.

Smartie
31-08-2016, 07:29 PM
A crowd of Jambos has gathered outside Tynecastle. No exciting transfers are expected but they're all hoping to lick the transfer window.

3pm
31-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Maybe he want's you to learn how to spell 'Wilshere' Just a hunch ?

Fair point.

By the way, 'want's?'.....:o)

HibbyAndy
31-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Fair point.

By the way, 'want's?'.....:o)

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Lads, I've had a cheese and ham sandwich and a yoghurt today and that's it.

What am I doing with my life.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 07:33 PM

Admins!

mca
31-08-2016, 07:33 PM
A crowd of Jambos has gathered outside Tynecastle. No exciting transfers are expected but they're all hoping to lick the transfer window.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Liam Henderson to Hibs...OR...you get a personal invite to the SSN Christmas Night Oot with the lovely Natalie et all all dolled up in their best...

Let the debate commence...

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Liam Henderson to Hibs...OR...you get a personal invite to the SSN Christmas Night Oot with the lovely Natalie et all all dolled up in their best...

Depends which one promises to deliver.

Gmack7
Sorry Liam, it's not you it's me

Weststandwanab

Henderson the legend please.

Natallies come and go but legends.....

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2016, 07:39 PM

Try ski

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 07:46 PM
We'll done that man, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin

Were you alone in your cab? Or did u just consume Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard in a FakeTaxi type venture?

Greenworld
31-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Lights are on at easter road just saw the rod man smirking it could be the one we've been waiting for .....the ****ing cleaner

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 07:55 PM
I've opened a bottle of wine with the intention of tanning it in half an hour. Sod it.

Finn2015
31-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Tony andreu to Dundee United?

Weststandwanab
31-08-2016, 07:59 PM
I've opened a bottle of wine with the intention of tanning it in half an hour. Sod it.

What sort of wine is it ?

Sergey
31-08-2016, 08:00 PM

POP (in onomatopoeic mode) - I'll race you. My Malbec against your ?

H18 SFR
31-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Tony andreu to Dundee United?

Decent signing for them.

Finn2015
31-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Decent signing for them.

They have been busy the last two days and will get better. Think they will still be a big threat

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:13 PM
What sort of wine is it ?

Blossom Hill White Zinfandel.

Stay classy, Pedantic :faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:14 PM
POP (in onomatopoeic mode) - I'll race you. My Malbec against your ?

I'm on my last glass. I don't muck about, Serge.

HUTCHYHIBBY

Why not just tan it straight away?

Pedantic_Hibee
Why not just tan it straight away?

I'm not a pervert.

worcesterhibby
31-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Tony andreu to Dundee United? Is that not the weird looking Swiss bloke who plays the Violin ??

jonty
31-08-2016, 08:27 PM
I have absolutely no idea what half of those foods are.

the other half is still banana

Eyrie
31-08-2016, 08:28 PM
I've just spent the last ten minutes reading nonsense, snacks, crap, sexual references and even healthy food.

With the exception of the last item, I'm pleased to see that standards are being maintained :thumbsup:

PS: McCoys Cheese & Onion.

jacomo
31-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Chicken pie and a heap of green veg, washed down with Pinot Grigio.

Nothing clever about it, but that always does deliverrr.

Sergey
31-08-2016, 08:34 PM
I'm on my last glass. I don't muck about, Serge.

You've won by a sommeliers baw-hair, but my 13.5 ABV wins by a street in the handicap to your grape flavoured piss-water.

Would you like a tortilla chip with some sour cream?

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:36 PM
You've won by a sommeliers baw-hair, but my 13.5 ABV wins by a street in the handicap to your grape flavoured piss-water.

Would you like a tortilla chip with some sour cream?

Considering a couple of microwave burgers and a packet of crisps. My healthy diet has went right out the window. Only started it today as well.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Wine demolished. Have we actually signed anyone today? I forgot it was deadline day amidst the food frenzy.

jonty
31-08-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm with you.

Starbucks is an expensive habit and often disappointing, but occasionally really hits the spot.

Costa serves up rubbish in a horrible environment, but is everywhere - they are simply obsessed by size.

One is green, the other maroon.

Get yourself a starbucks card. once you're a gold member, simply order a single espresso. extra shots are free and they'll top it up with hot water to make a venti sized Americano. for £1.60 or use the plastic reusable cup, and get 25p off.
Or if its a quick splash n dash you're after, 1 tall filter in a reusable cup is 75p. Cant beat it.

heidtheba
31-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Wine demolished. Have we actually signed anyone today? I forgot it was deadline day amidst the food frenzy.

9 pages on this, 6 on the proper one. Do you think Chelsea/Man U/Anyone in a cash rich league actually has a thread of this quality though?

Smartie
31-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Get yourself a starbucks card. once you're a gold member, simply order a single espresso. extra shots are free and they'll top it up with hot water to make a venti sized Americano. for £1.60 or use the plastic reusable cup, and get 25p off.
Or if its a quick splash n dash you're after, 1 tall filter in a reusable cup is 75p. Cant beat it.

Do you have a beard?

hibs0666
31-08-2016, 08:48 PM
It isn't the complete deadline day experience until you've had the purple dildo...

https://twitter.com/Betfred/status/771079013628510210?s=09

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:49 PM
9 pages on this, 6 on the proper one. Do you think Chelsea/Man U/Anyone in a cash rich league actually has a thread of this quality though?

I'd think not, no. And even if they did it would be uploads of meals in some top class restaurant in Kensington which is a poor show. Who wants that when I can bring Feasters Hot Dogs to the table.

jonty
Do you have a beard?

sometimes. no sandals though. do you have ice-cream?

Pedantic_Hibee
Do you have a beard?

Quite possibly the post of the entire year.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Well, I attempted to play FIFA Ultimate Team and the servers are down, the missus is watching some garbage on telly so I've opted for the Sopranos and junk food. I feel like something is missing though, something like Kris Commons.

Sergey
31-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Considering a couple of microwave burgers and a packet of crisps. My healthy diet has went right out the window. Only started it today as well.

:not worth for sticking at it for so long.

I'm struggling to equate our current signing policy. In the bygone days, the fax would have had spare ribbons aplenty - today, it's all email and the like. Gob*****es.

POP - Opening second bottle of vino.