PDA

View Full Version : The Completely and Utterly Irrelevantly Nonsensical Transfer Deadline Day Thread...

Pages : 1 [2]

jacomo
31-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Get yourself a starbucks card. once you're a gold member, simply order a single espresso. extra shots are free and they'll top it up with hot water to make a venti sized Americano. for £1.60 or use the plastic reusable cup, and get 25p off.
Or if its a quick splash n dash you're after, 1 tall filter in a reusable cup is 75p. Cant beat it.

How much do I have to spend with them to get a gold card?

Even though Starbucks is infinitely preferable to Costa, its still not great.

The best thing about them is thinking up an amusing name for them to call out when your drink is ready.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 08:59 PM
:not worth for sticking at it for so long.

I'm struggling to equate our current signing policy. In the bygone days, the fax would have had spare ribbons aplenty - today, it's all email and the like. Gob*****es.

POP - Opening second bottle of vino.

I only bought one. I truly have failed.

Sergey
31-08-2016, 09:02 PM
I only bought one. I truly have failed.

Don't apologise - on cleaners wages it can't be easy.

I'm raising a large glass to you now (and Chris Commons).

jonty
31-08-2016, 09:09 PM

The best thing about them is thinking up an amusing name for them to call out when your drink is ready.

Just 15 purchases - so if you're buying at the moment it would make sense to get one.
I'm currently making my way along the syrups shelf. they're free too, as is whipped cream.

beats a £1 coffee from greggs.

My ice-cream is now finished and I need some crisps. or crunchy nut cornflakes. or a ketchup crisp roll.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Don't apologise - on cleaners wages it can't be easy.

I'm raising a large glass to you now (and Chris Commons).

Cleaners wages?

I resent that on two counts. 1) I'm not and 2) How dare you speak so dismissively about cleaners?

They are the unsung heroes of our generation, Sergey. You pompous thunderwelt :faf:

I made two chicken burgers accompanied with cheese and onion Squares and two packets of Chipsticks. Lame, but at this late stage it's quite the triumph.

Green Man
31-08-2016, 09:22 PM
I could really do with a Snickers to go with the cup of tea I'm about to have. There are teacakes or a Kinder Bueno but I'd rather have a more substantial accompaniment.

Sergey
31-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Cleaners wages?

I resent that on two counts. 1) I'm not and 2) How dare you speak so dismissively about cleaners?

They are the unsung heroes of our generation, Sergey. You pompous thunderwelt :faf:

I made two chicken burgers accompanied with cheese and onion Squares and two packets of Chipsticks. Lame, but at this late stage it's quite the triumph.

I do admire your culinary skills at this pressing time. Can you believe it, there's punters posting in The Holy Ground and The Dug Out as I type this important update (pish)?

I do have a rather nice plate of kabanos just waiting to be devoured awaiting the cum shot of a signing by Rod. He has the cash - so splash (not the aforementioned giz).

HoboHarry
31-08-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm on the road to Minnesota and all I could get at the petrol station was a sprite. Land of opportunities my erchie.....😀

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:28 PM
I do admire your culinary skills at this pressing time. Can you believe it, there's punters posting in The Holy Ground and The Dug Out as I type this important update (pish)?

I do have a rather nice plate of kabanos just waiting to be devoured awaiting the cum shot of a signing by Rod. He has the cash - so splash (not the aforementioned giz).

This thread is full of pressing matters, my good man. Don't allow the other forums to cloud this judgment.

We really aren't going to sign anyone are we? I'm awaiting the Hibs statement telling us we are done for the night. Blast!

Smartie
31-08-2016, 09:30 PM
I could really do with a Snickers to go with the cup of tea I'm about to have. There are teacakes or a Kinder Bueno but I'd rather have a more substantial accompaniment.

This is a lot better.

You started to turn your day around at that pepperoni pizza and now you're well on track.

After all that 10k run and quinoa chat earlier I was close to suggesting that you should change your username to Green sissy little hippy weirdo.

But then I realised that with your lifestyle choices you'll probably live for about 40 years more than me, therefore you'll have plenty of time to hurl expletives in my deceased direction.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Mauled a steak pie supper earlier.

Now enjoying a Bud and a G+T

Wheat Hound
31-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Packet of cheese N onion French Fries. Disappointingly uncalorific.

Sergey
31-08-2016, 09:34 PM
This thread is full of pressing matters, my good man. Don't allow the other forums to cloud this judgment.

We really aren't going to sign anyone are we? I'm awaiting the Hibs statement telling us we are done for the night. Blast!

A salient point. Window slammed shut with Rod and Leeanne in the 4 in Hand.

Useless tools that can't get even get the catering right.

No Chipsticks at ER is not f'in on!

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 09:34 PM
This is a lot better.

You started to turn your day around at that pepperoni pizza and now you're well on track.

After all that 10k run and quinoa chat earlier I was close to suggesting that you should change your username to Green sissy little hippy weirdo.

But then I realised that with your lifestyle choices you'll probably live for about 40 years more than me, therefore you'll have plenty of time to hurl expletives in my deceased direction.

Where have you been all my life?

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Underwhelming, like a supermarket brand teacake.

Hibs90
31-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Have just ate a packet of chipsticks. How dare I?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2016, 09:47 PM
I've just bought a pie supper chaser, nae mair posts from me, belinda 2morro for bevvy!

nonshinyfinish
31-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Slam.*

*That's the SSN SLAM, still an hour to go in Scotland

geohibby
31-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Hibs have just signed innes murray from celtic

Green Man
31-08-2016, 10:02 PM
This is a lot better.

I wouldn't be so sure, I felt like keeling over when I was out running last week. Serves me right for going out in the midday sun.

Back to food related matters and the teacake went down a treat. In a further development, I found a packet of Oreos in the cupboard next to an unfinished packet of bacon flavour peanuts. Sorted.

R'Albin
01-09-2016, 02:14 AM
I'm making a statement right now and eating Pringles in bed at 315am.

One Day Soon
01-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Ah ****, missed it.

Gatwick Airport, EasyJet and and a comprehensive cast of other eejits combined and conspired to keep me from TDD, Natalie and the tremendous fountain of pi5h that this thread delivers in such quality and quantity.

Still, Brown Owl. See you next year snack brothers and sisters.

ian cruise
01-09-2016, 07:35 AM

In regards to your last part, Dave Gormans approach is truly class

https://youtu.be/ow7Ht44ehjc

J-C
01-09-2016, 10:59 AM

Haha I've done this on numerous occasions and still makes me giggle when I do it, like some naughty school kid hearing the word pussy and thinking of lady parts :greengrin

I usually go for a Spanish style name like Alejandro Martinez dos Velasquez and watch them struggle with the spelling, where upon I just say John for short.