PDA

View Full Version : Bigot

Jamesconnolly
30-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Having a debate on Facebook with a Hun who says I am a bigot because I am intolerant to the singing of the Billy boys so does that make me a bigot of bigots

Mr White
30-08-2016, 07:54 PM
So being intolerant to a song glorifying the killing of people with different political and (slightly) different religious views is bigoted according to your facebook flump. De-friend. Or at the very least never enter into dialogue with them again. There's no good to come of it.

BH Hibs
30-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Don't argue with them it only encourages them.

Jamesconnolly
30-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Aye you are probably right . Everytime anything is said about THe Rangers he defends them to the death he's not very bright tho he asked who the song offends and why

northstandhibby
30-08-2016, 08:04 PM
So being intolerant to a song glorifying the killing of people with different political and (slightly) different religious views is bigoted according to your facebook flump. De-friend. Or at the very least never enter into dialogue with them again. There's no good to come of it.

:top marks

The bigot referred to is so brainwashed with bigoted views he has become immune to any reason. Best not to enter into debate with such a hardened zealot.

GGTTH

O'Rourke3
30-08-2016, 08:06 PM
If it's so unoffensive suggest he gets down to a local RC Church on a Sunday and start belting it out. I was going to suggest a local policestation but they'd probably join in.

Jamesconnolly
30-08-2016, 08:08 PM
He said most of our songs were abusive too lol really !

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Tell him he is Keith Jackson and you are claiming your prize. Then sever all connections

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Jamesconnolly
30-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Here is a quote from said discussion
A bigot is someone who is intolerant to people who have different opinions! In my eyes your not having an opinion! Your having the same moan and which hunt against the same club you do every other day!

Scott Allan Key
30-08-2016, 08:11 PM

The bigot referred to is so brainwashed with bigoted views he has become immune to any reason. Best not to enter into debate with such a hardened zealot.

GGTTH

Send him the video of 'Dalek relaxation tape for humans', on YouTube by Peter Serafinowicz. Exterminates all tension.

Skol
30-08-2016, 08:20 PM
The sad thing is that these guys actually believe what they are saying is true.

A bit like defending their players. Not one of them entered or left the pitch with that thought in their mind. They just wanted a pagger. Then they were given an excuse

Pretty Boy
30-08-2016, 08:23 PM
The key word in the definition of a bigot is 'unreasonable'. 'A person who has unreasonable beliefs.....'

Is being intolerant of people singing a song that romanticises a 300+ year old battle and glorifies the slaughter of thousands unreasonable? Either on it's own or in addition to the other nonsense they spout I'd say no.

You're not a bigot, he may well be.

northstandhibby
30-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Send him the video of 'Dalek relaxation tape for humans', on YouTube by Peter Serafinowicz. Exterminates all tension.

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Having a debate on Facebook with a Hun who says I am a bigot because I am intolerant to the singing of the Billy boys so does that make me a bigot of bigots

Tell the Rangers chap that until he can fully explain why he and so many of his fellow fans sing certain songs and can explain the meaning and real reason behind them you will no longer converse with him. He will be stumped.

Jamesconnolly
30-08-2016, 08:26 PM
A bigot is someone who is intolerant to people who have different opinions! In my eyes your not having an opinion! Your having the same moan and which hunt against the same club you do every other day!

Skol
30-08-2016, 08:32 PM

So he is calling you a bigot. Defining what he believes a bigot to be. Then saying you dont fulfil his definition of a bigot.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Tell the Rangers chap that until he can fully explain why he and so many of his fellow fans sing certain songs and can explain the meaning and real reason behind them you will no longer converse with him. He will be stumped.

'Cos it wur culchur and tradishons bud, no surrendur'.

MKHIBEE
30-08-2016, 08:46 PM
'Cos it wur culchur and tradishons bud, no surrendur'.

Your making him sound far more intelligent than he probably is

Galahibby
31-08-2016, 01:06 PM
This Hun? Gie the laddie a break, he's clearly just a wee bit mixed up :wink:

qiut
31-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Interesting read on the song mentioned above. http://pigeonproject.com/2011/04/14/origins-of-the-billy-boys-sectarian-song-roots-come-from-italian-aetheist-mussolini/

emerald green
31-08-2016, 04:31 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys

All you need to know about the "Billy Boys".

tamig
31-08-2016, 05:55 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys

All you need to know about the "Billy Boys".

Interesting article. But I've yet to hear this version;

Hello, Hello
We are the Rangers Boys
Hello, Hello
You'll know us by our noise
We'll give anything to see our team
At Ibrox or away
For we are
The Glasgow Rangers Boys

TRC
31-08-2016, 06:00 PM
The first paragraph in the football bit is all you need to know when the manager of Scotland at the time sings it and the SFA back him. Games a fing bogey

Keith_M
31-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Being intolerant of the Ku Klux Klan obviously makes me a racist....

:faf:

eezyrider
31-08-2016, 06:26 PM
He's an idiot.

According to Webster's Dictionary:

"Full Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

So basically tell him that the definition of bigot fits him far better than you.

Of course my dad always said never argue with an idiot as they'll only drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

EZ

McD
31-08-2016, 07:39 PM

He'll be stumped because there's too many big words being used in your statement :greengrin

Austinho
31-08-2016, 09:25 PM
I've noticed a lot of Rangers fans over the last couple of years throwing the word 'bigot' around at others. Possibly in a bid to deflect from their own shortcomings.

Similarly, they've all started claiming the word 'hun' is sectarian.

Eyrie
31-08-2016, 10:08 PM
I've noticed a lot of Rangers fans over the last couple of years throwing the word 'bigot' around at others. Possibly in a bid to deflect from their own shortcomings.

They only claim that in an attempt to make it look like they're victims rather than perpetrators. Hun is a term to be applied to all followers of both Huns RIP and Sevco, regardless of their religion, faith or lack thereof. Since it does not refer to any religious affiliation then it can't be regarded as sectarian.

Colr
01-09-2016, 07:12 AM
They only claim that in an attempt to make it look like they're victims rather than perpetrators. Hun is a term to be applied to all followers of both Huns RIP and Sevco, regardless of their religion, faith or lack thereof. Since it does not refer to any religious affiliation then it can't be regarded as sectarian.

They remind me of wee bullies at primary school who would go running to tell as soon as anyone stood up to them!!

ian cruise
01-09-2016, 07:20 AM

Exactly. If that is then Hobos and HIVs fans is too. Can't have it both ways.

jacomo
01-09-2016, 07:40 AM

Unfortunately Nil by Mouth validated that stupid claim. Apparently any slang term for The Rangers is sectarian if they say it is. :rolleyes:

As a horde of them rushed into the pitch at Hampden, it confirmed that the nickname was entirely appropriate.

Stupid Huns.

Fife-Hibee
01-09-2016, 07:41 AM
They are best ignored, having a reasonable conversation with any of them is non existing. Waste of your time' life's to short as it is !