PDA

View Full Version : Notice of complaint regarding the cup final.

Pages : [1] 2

HibsNutter
30-08-2016, 02:52 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=16468

Since90+2
30-08-2016, 02:56 PM
So despite it being mentioned in the independent report of Sevco fans sectarian singing its not been followed up by the SFA. Utter joke.

Salt N Sauzee
30-08-2016, 02:58 PM
SFA completely BOTTLE it when it comes to punishing Rangers and their fans for Sectarian singing again.

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 03:00 PM
It's not just the Scottish Cup final though. They've been singing hymns from their songbook in every league match as well. You can hear it loud and clear over BT and SKY. All swept under the rug.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 03:01 PM
So despite it being mentioned in the independent report of Sevco fans sectarian singing its not been followed up by the SFA. Utter joke.

Did you really expect anything less. Looks like the head is in the sand regarding the singing and flares/smoke bombs. Standard has been set IMHO! What's the odds of Newco getting away with??

Onion
30-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Well there you have it. Shock horror, Hibs being held responsible for everything and no mention of sectarian chanting, Sevco pyrotechnics or security failures. :rolleyes:

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Cant argue with any of that! Seems fair.

Couple of hefty fines and that will be that. 5 figures each I imagine!

However, the fact that the SFA are over looking the constant sectarian singing at the game, even though it was in the independent report its absolutely disgusting. They are basically supporting this by allowing it.

Should be ashamed of themselves.

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 03:05 PM

However, the fact that the SFA are over looking the constant sectarian singing at the game, even though it was in the independent report its absolutely disgusting. They are basically supporting this by allowing it.

How can you say it's fair then, if they're overlooking this? As you say, it's a free pass to let them sing whatever they want.

Jonnyboy
30-08-2016, 03:05 PM
The complaint relates solely to physical damage to property and the strict liability argument is presumably being set aside because the official report exonerated the police and stewards of any shortcomings.

GreenCastle
30-08-2016, 03:06 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14709201.Fans__may_have_died_had_police_prevented_ invasion__at_Scottish_Cup_Final/

So the police basically saying they allowed the pitch invasion - which can be seen in many Youtube videos.

Now the SFA are going after us for these incidents - not taking any responsibility for the handling of the event :confused:

I have missed the issue of complaint about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing (mentioned in the report). The smoke bombs...clearly visible when Stokes put us 1v0 up :greengrin

I am sure Hibs are ready for this and will put a good case forward :agree:

jacomo
30-08-2016, 03:07 PM

For this reason, I DO have a problem with this.

How can they ignore the sectarian singing? Is that not specifically banned by the authorities?

hibee62
30-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Were Falkirk fined for damaging the LED advertising during their celebrations at the 2015 semi final?

Aldo
30-08-2016, 03:12 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14709201.Fans__may_have_died_had_police_prevented_ invasion__at_Scottish_Cup_Final/ So the police basically saying they allowed the pitch invasion - which can be seen in many Youtube videos. Now the SFA are going after us for these incidents - not taking any responsibility for the handling of the event :confused: I have missed the issue of complaint about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing (mentioned in the report). The smoke bombs...clearly visible when Stokes put us 1v0 up :greengrin I am sure Hibs are ready for this and will put a good case forward :agree:

The police who were covering the gates prevented a crushing, possible fatalities and did the right thing. They should be praised for their actions IMHO.

If the fans had stayed in their respective areas then this would not have happened.... And by this I mean the officers would not have had to open the gate.

As for the singing, smoke bombs and flares etc, I would suggest the SFA CO has made a rod for his own back here by ignoring this. Any club now cited for any fort of sectarian or abusive singing along with smokebombs etc would just need to refer to this game.

Clearly shows bias in respect of this towards Newco when the evidence was clear.

Hibby70
30-08-2016, 03:20 PM
I hope those that carried out the damage are prepared to pay for it and help the club out.

No doubt it's going to be about £50k. So your lump of turf will be £50 thanks.

TrinityHibs
30-08-2016, 03:23 PM
The complaint relates solely to physical damage to property and the strict liability argument is presumably being set aside because the official report exonerated the police and stewards of any shortcomings.

No mention of police horses churning up the pitch JB

HibsNutter
30-08-2016, 03:24 PM
I hope those that carried out the damage are prepared to pay for it and help the club out.

No doubt it's going to be about £50k. So your lump of turf will be £50 thanks.

Around 5 thousand on the pitch, give or take? Tenner each. Sure most who were on the pitch will happily pitch in.

magpie1892
30-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Another foam-flecked statement from Jabba on behalf of sevco in 5,4,3,2,1...

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Singing about 'Fenian *******s' and being ' up to our knees in Fenian blood' ignored by the SFA. Shameful. Everyone knows in this context 'Fenian' is derogatory towards Scottish Roman Catholics of Irish decent or those they wish to believe are associated. When will this hatred attract the same punishment as anti-black racism or homophobia? Never seemingly 😡

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Won't do any good but I just sent off n Email giving it to them with both barrels.

An absolute disgrace, I hope we as a club show some bottle and stand up for ourselves.

I'm not defending the trouble but to let that stinking mob of ********s off with nothing reeks of a masonic cover up.

GreenCastle
30-08-2016, 03:34 PM
The police who were covering the gates prevented a crushing, possible fatalities and did the right thing. They should be praised for their actions IMHO.

If the fans had stayed in their respective areas then this would not have happened.... And by this I mean the officers would not have had to open the gate.

As for the singing, smoke bombs and flares etc, I would suggest the SFA CO has made a rod for his own back here by ignoring this. Any club now cited for any fort of sectarian or abusive singing along with smokebombs etc would just need to refer to this game.

Clearly shows bias in respect of this towards Newco when the evidence was clear.

I have no issue with the police or stewards. Were the stewards really that fussed about it ? No.

Obviously the police were but couldn't do much due to the number of people - however the police and stewards could have done a better job but they didn't realise what was about to happen - poor planning.

I do find it hilarious the smoke bombs have been ignored - it's clearly visible as the goal goes in and many supporters in the huns end wouldn't seen that first goal! :greengrin You could say that was a good thing for them but considering the Old Firm used them in the semi finals also and 4th round (Celtic v Stranraer) - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14196871.Stewart_Regan_says_Scottish_football_may_ have_to_reconsider_liability_rules/

Not much seems to be done about it...and we wonder why no one has faith in the SFA.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Let's be honest half the SFA probably join in with the 'party songs', in private anyway, so are highly unlikely to do anything about it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Are they allowed to do anything about the songs? I thought all clubs had signed up to the no strict liability rule?

EskbankHibby
30-08-2016, 03:39 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14709201.Fans__may_have_died_had_police_prevented_ invasion__at_Scottish_Cup_Final/

So the police basically saying they allowed the pitch invasion - which can be seen in many Youtube videos.

Now the SFA are going after us for these incidents - not taking any responsibility for the handling of the event :confused:

I have missed the issue of complaint about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing (mentioned in the report). The smoke bombs...clearly visible when Stokes put us 1v0 up :greengrin

I am sure Hibs are ready for this and will put a good case forward :agree:

And for this reason i'm cool about this procedural side of things. The fact that there is no mention of sectarian singing or flares at all is just further ammunition for Hibs if we need to appeal.

The SFA have been downright cowardly on the matter of sectarianism over the years and i don't expect that to change anytime soon sadly.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I have no issue with the police or stewards. Were the stewards really that fussed about it ? No. Obviously the police were but couldn't do much due to the number of people - however the police and stewards could have done a better job but they didn't realise what was about to happen - poor planning. I do find it hilarious the smoke bombs have been ignored - it's clearly visible as the goal goes in and many supporters in the huns away wouldn't seen that first goal! :greengrin You could say that was a good thing for them but considering the Old Firm used them in the semi finals also and 4th round (Celtic v Stranraer) - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14196871.Stewart_Regan_says_Scottish_football_may_ have_to_reconsider_liability_rules/ Not much seems to be done about it...and we wonder why no one has faith in the SFA.

I hear what you are saying however regardless of the numbers of police hundreds of fans ran down towards the gates with nowhere to go. The gates would have been open regardless IMHO. This would be to prevent a more serious incident.

As for the singing and smoke bombs etc... As you have said plain and clear for all to see but nothing.

Shocking IMHO.

This is something the SFA should look at as it's easy to point the finger at the police and stewards etc but at the end of the day they can do something about this but have now chosen not to.

Tells me everything I need to know about the SFA and co. Mind you most of us already knew what they are all about.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Let's be honest half the SFA probably join in with the 'party songs', in private anyway, so are highly unlikely to do anything about it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

:agree: Plenty scowling blazers in that group on the day, they couldn't hide it.

That aside, as Jonnyboy says above this is about the property damage.

I expect we will get hit with a bit more but it's a pretty easy for everyone who was on the pitch to step up to the plate and crowdfund it.

The SFA, SPFL and legislators ain't going to do anything meaningful about the rangers sectarian hate songs or behaviour, too close to home. Scotlands shame.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Are they allowed to do anything about the songs? I thought all clubs had signed up to the no strict liability rule?
Strict liability doesn't apply to the Cup. It's only for SPFL competitions.

So, in theory, the SFA could act here.

I'm with JonnyBoy in thinking that this action is only about damage. Perhaps the singing will be the subject of a separate charge.

Although I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TheHarpy76
30-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Hope the idiots that invaded the pitch are proud of themselves and let's not bury our head in the sand with the "Aye but they did this" *****. Regardless of what the Rangers fans did/do it doesn't excuse our own supporters behaviour.

Hibby70
30-08-2016, 03:50 PM

I'm with JonnyBoy in thinking that this action is only about damage. Perhaps the singing will be the subject of a separate charge.

At least we can see the relevant fines for the damage. If no further charges are brought against them for the singing we should start a nationwide campaign to bring them to book for it.

Jim44
30-08-2016, 03:50 PM
:agree: Plenty scowling blazers in that group on the day, they couldn't hide it.

That aside, as Jonnyboy says above this is about the property damage.

I expect we will get hit with a bit more but it's a pretty easy for everyone who was on the pitch to step up to the plate and crowdfund it.

The SFA, SPFL and legislators ain't going to do anything meaningful about the rangers sectarian hate songs or behaviour, too close to home. Scotlands shame.

Let's be honest, as somebody has already said, the majority of SFA, SPFL legislators, and probably Police Scotland have strong sympathies with Sevco and their sectarian habits. Their increasingly difficult task is to give some lip service to pretending to deal with it yet without any real intention of doing so.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Hope the idiots that invaded the pitch are proud of themselves and let's not bury our head in the sand with the "Aye but they did this" *****. Regardless of what the Rangers fans did/do it doesn't excuse our own supporters behaviour.

I'm gonnae disagree with you on this one. 99 percentage of the folk on the pitch weren't idiots IMHO just genuine fans whose emotions got the better of them.

1% were the idiots that went fighting or attempted to fight with the opposition fans.

I hope I am wrong here but you opening sentence to me looks or even sounds like you are fishing for a greater response/reaction.

Yeah we went onto the pitch but to say what you have said is out of order!

I think that the media and Newco have blown this way out of proportion and you should see it for what it actually is.

grammyb111
30-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I know Hibs have put aside some money to pay the fine, though would be good if someone would set up a crowdfunding thing once the amount of the fine is known. Even if it doesn't cover the full amount, every little helps. When the fine is announced crowdfunding gains some press and would likely get well supported.

.Sean.
30-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Can Hibs make a complaint to Hibs regarding the singing? Shameful if they're getting away with it, aren't they obliged to follow it up?

TheHarpy76
30-08-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm gonnae disagree with you on this one. 99 percentage of the folk on the pitch weren't idiots IMHO just genuine fans whose emotions got the better of them.

1% were the idiots that went fighting or attempted to fight with the opposition fans.

I hope I am wrong here but you opening sentence to me looks or even sounds like you are fishing for a greater response/reaction.

I think that the media and Newco have blown this way out of proportion and you should see it for what it actually is.

Football fans shouldn't be on the pitch under any circumstances other than health and safety reasons true or false?

Emotions getting the better of them isn't an excuse.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 04:01 PM

There's more than one idiot here.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Let's be honest, as somebody has already said, the majority of SFA, SPFL legislators, and probably Police Scotland have strong sympathies with Sevco and their sectarian habits. Their increasingly difficult task is to give some lip service to pretending to deal with it yet without any real intention of doing so.

:agree:

lucky
30-08-2016, 04:02 PM
I know Hibs have put aside some money to pay the fine, though would be good if someone would set up a crowdfunding thing once the amount of the fine is known. Even if it doesn't cover the full amount, every little helps. When the fine is announced crowdfunding gains some press and would likely get well supported.

Great idea. Every fan who enjoyed their time on the pitch can chip in at least a Tenner. Those of us who remained in our seats don't see £40k/£50k of clubs money wasted. The figures are a guess

Aldo
30-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Football fans shouldn't be on the pitch under any circumstances other than health and safety reasons true or false? Emotions getting the better of them isn't an excuse.

I agree but they did and TBH nothing was going to stop them (other than defeat)

They did and we can't change that you do however have to admit though that this event has been totally and utterly blown out of all proportion by Newco and their SFA/SPFL/BBC/DR from the second that winning goal by the net.

The spin put on this by those hurting from the defeat has been plain and clear to see by all yet they are not being held responsible for mis reporting and writing something that wouldn't be amiss in fantasy island.

We will get fined and rightly so and will have to pay for the damage. As will Newco!

w pilton hibby
30-08-2016, 04:12 PM

Not part of the compliance officer's remit. All explained here

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-rulebook-farce-hampden-riot-8735549

northstandhibby
30-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Singing about 'Fenian *******s' and being ' up to our knees in Fenian blood' ignored by the SFA. Shameful. Everyone knows in this context 'Fenian' is derogatory towards Scottish Roman Catholics of Irish decent or those they wish to believe are associated. When will this hatred attract the same punishment as anti-black racism or homophobia? Never seemingly 😡

:top marks

Extremely well put sir!

Mon the Cabbage

staunchhibby
30-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Is there an addy we can complain to re no action on the sectarian chants and flares which we were subjected to .

jingler1954
30-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Football fans shouldn't be on the pitch under any circumstances other than health and safety reasons true or false?

Yes it is an excuse its 114 years of excuse as was mentioned in the report.

davemcbain
30-08-2016, 04:30 PM
It is somewhat disappointing that sectarian chants which are a breach of The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 are not mentioned.
Not are flares, which are covered in The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985

Neither of which particularly surprising, but most confusing to me is the statement from the Rangers fc which referred to "sustained provocation" from Hibs fans. Given a 93rd minute winning goal in a 95 minute match and a sherrif's report stating that Hibs fans were on the pitch for 11 seconds before the other team joined in (not stating any reasons here - from either side!). I would reckon that the use of the word sustained is both inaccurate and insulting to Hibernian FC and it's supporters, so is in breach of the following SFA rules (and maybe others):

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive or indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Rule 79: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 86: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football . Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Can't recall the origins of multiple players being attacked - BBC lie? or TRFC lie? If the BBC, as the SFA sanctioned broadcaster it would be in breach of Rule 86. If RFC, all of the above.

Incidentally, Sectarian chants throughout the game, would constitute "sustained provocation".

Hopefully someone from Hibs will read up on those before the 4th October :wink:

CB_NO3
30-08-2016, 04:33 PM
I am proud of myself. If I could do it again I would. Best moment of my life. Also happy to contribute towards a fine. Sure most fans will.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2016, 04:34 PM
All about the damage to infrastructure and nothing else. Hibs will get a much bigger fine than Sevco.

I dare say that the fighting doesn't get a mention because punish Hibs for any part of that and the flares, smoke bombs and sectarian singing has to be addressed as well ..... no chance the SFA will go down that route, is there?

marinello59
30-08-2016, 04:37 PM
I am proud of myself. If I could do it again I would. Best moment of my life. Also happy to contribute towards a fine. Sure most fans will.

If it's a £50000 fine how much would you chuck in to the pot?

Carheenlea
30-08-2016, 04:39 PM

It wasn't the best moment for those patiently waiting to see our team presented with cup and eagerly anticipating a lap of honour.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 04:41 PM
All about the damage to infrastructure and nothing else. Hibs will get a much bigger fine than Sevco. I dare say that the fighting doesn't get a mention because punish Hibs for any part of that and the flares, smoke bombs and sectarian singing has to be addressed as well ..... no chance the SFA will go down that route, is there?

The SFA/SPFL/Doncaster & Regan made their feelings known not long after the Final whistle.

They bowed down to Newco big time and the findings of the CO confirms pretty much what we all thought would happen about the bile being sung along with the flares/ smokebombs.

I might however be wrong in my assumption of this however I'd be very surprised if it's mentioned by them again!

The Green Goblin
30-08-2016, 04:51 PM
I just read both notices.

This is a bit like one of those moments in a match where the ref gives two players a yellow card following an incident, but each set of opposing fans believe that what the other team's guy did was worse (or not acted upon) and deserved a red.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 04:53 PM
I thought the pitch invasion was one of the best things i have seen in 50 years as a Hibs fan. they were celebrations that no other set of fans could possible understand.

Was it wrong, yes, but those were scenes i personally think were the best i have ever seen.

I was on the top tier of the main stand, and if i'd been on the bottom tier i'd have 100% been on that pitch.

macca70
30-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Multiple Flares/Smoke Bombs and sectarian singing completely ignored.

The Club must ask questions using official channels as to why? Otherwise, it's about time the rest of Scottish Football started questioning this corruption and complete bias towards the old firm.

30-08-2016, 04:57 PM
The ignoring of the sectarian bile from the huns isn't a new thing. That why the huns sing that *****, because they know fine well they can and will get away with it.

God forbid upset one of the old firm eh :rolleyes:

wills
30-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Surely this should now bring a vote of no confidence in the SFA. All clubs know how inept and cowardly they are towards taking action against the so called big 2 from the west. How long can we accept this behaviour?

Onion
30-08-2016, 05:16 PM
The ignoring of the sectarian bile from the huns isn't a new thing. That why the huns sing that *****, because they know fine well they can and will get away with it.

God forbid upset one of the old firm eh :rolleyes:

The SFA continually turning a bling eye to this issue is to their shame. What will it take for them to take this mater seriously ? Maybe Hibs and other clubs starting up their own sectarian songbooks ? Maybe Hibs fans starting to sing the Sevco songs back to them (they really like that :greengrin) The SFA's inaction suggests that these songs and these behaviours are fine and "approved", so we can all join in.

Not serious suggestion, but it would 100% force the issue to the top of the SFA's agenda if others did the same as Sevco.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Great idea. Every fan who enjoyed their time on the pitch can chip in at least a Tenner. Those of us who remained in our seats don't see £40k/£50k of clubs money wasted. The figures are a guess

GlasgowHibee
30-08-2016, 05:33 PM
What I found amazing was that as soon as some of our fans starting goading the Rangers fans, their first instinct was to sing the traditional "hullo hullo". As soon as it started to get a bit frisky, the bigoted sectarian chants were instinctive, just shows how big the problem is within TRFC.

LaMotta
30-08-2016, 05:38 PM
I thought the pitch invasion was one of the best things i have seen in 50 years as a Hibs fan. they were celebrations that no other set of fans could possible understand.

Was it wrong, yes, but those were scenes i personally think were the best i have ever seen.

I was on the top tier of the main stand, and if i'd been on the bottom tier i'd have 100% been on that pitch.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

LaMotta
30-08-2016, 05:40 PM
£100k fine for both clubs according to the Sun.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 05:41 PM
What I found amazing was that as soon as some of our fans starting goading the Rangers fans, their first instinct was to sing the traditional "hullo hullo". As soon as it started to get a bit frisky, the bigoted sectarian chants were instinctive, just shows how big the problem is within TRFC.
They reverted to type, pretty much all they had. Magic hat song was never going to work

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
30-08-2016, 05:47 PM

Totally agree. And complaints about Rangers Fans letting off smoke flares ignores that our fans did that too - unless it was the Sevconians letting off a green smoke bomb after we scored??

What I don't get is what the SFA thinks Hibs (or Rangers for that matter) could possibly have done to stop the pitch invasion?

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2016, 05:49 PM

Totally agree. Fantastic! Far better than any lap of honour. A lap of honour which could have gone ahead after the pitch was cleared of course.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Totally agree. Fantastic! Far better than any lap of honour. A lap of honour which could have gone ahead after the pitch was cleared of course.

Really?

Sammy7nil
30-08-2016, 05:57 PM

Totally agree however I am an auld git don't think I would have been on the pitch at aged twenty I hate this all about me attitude. Old git

hibs0666
30-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Not guilty. Let's fight this one to the death.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 06:00 PM

Exactly, i have seen us do the lap of honor thing, ripping the pitch up and goading the huns while invading the pitch will be a one off i will probably never see again. :top marks

Stevie Reid
30-08-2016, 06:01 PM

I agree with your sentiment very much, but I'd rather it hadn't happened - I also was on the top tier and thus will never know if I'd have gone on had I had the chance - but I don't think I would have.

No matter what happens now, nothing will ever or could ever dampen how amazing that day was, but - ignoring the fact that the delay caused by the invasion and subsequent no lap of honour was a wee bit annoying - I would have loved it if the only story that day had been just how much better than them we were, and how well we played to finally end the wait.

Instead the media has had every excuse to ignore that, and in many cases have just made up blatant lies about the behaviour of our fans - with the comparisons to the running battles of the infamous OF cup final, and the Herald's disgusting reference to Hillsborough being especially sickening.

It would have been lovely had our superiority over them been the only legacy of the day - as well as how good a game of football it was - instead of the fictional accounts of mass disorder and awful behaviour (whilst acknowledging that many of our fans were in the wrong).

Jack
30-08-2016, 06:03 PM
What about the sevco official that took a swipe at one of our fans?

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Not guilty. Let's fight this one to the death.
Not guilty? Seriously? [emoji15]

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 06:08 PM
What about the sevco official that took a swipe at one of our fans?
Whoever he was, that's probably a police concern.

hibs0666
30-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Not guilty? Seriously? [emoji15]

Too right.

BSEJVT
30-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Entirely predictable that this would happen as will be the fact that Hibs fine will be a multiple of that applied to The Rangers.

Hibs will do / say nothing this side of the judgement being handed down as that is entirely consistent with our approach to date.

I will be interested to hear what we do say afterwards, but have a feeling it wont be much as we would much prefer for the post match shenanigans to be over and done with and consigned to history.

I have no idea what our fine will be as I have no idea of any precedents that have happened in the past but my guess is that it will be well into 6 figures.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was greater than the revenue we made from the Scottish Cup run.

The blazers were caught with their trousers down and they wont have enjoyed the fall out from that.

I fully understand why those that did went on the pitch but cant condone it, not that I am being asked to.

What I really struggle with is why to this day we have legions of people queuing up to praise / defend those that did.

Surely with the world of trouble that this has brought the club, running on the pitch can with hindsight be seen as not the greatest ever idea?

Other teams win things (some for their first trophy ever) and don't resort to that type of behaviour

Time will tell what the fall out will actually be, but I don't think there is any doubt at all that preparing for that fall out has caused monies that could have been expended on the team to be held in reserve.

If that's not the case, where has the post cup final windfall / Stubbs compensation / increased season ticket revenue gone?

I would need some convincing that the management / squad changes have mopped that and the HSL and share monies up compared to last year.

It would sit a lot better with me if those that did go on the pitch and their acolytes were a bit less self congratulatory from now on.

Blaster
30-08-2016, 06:10 PM
£100k is the maximum fine apparently

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Too right.
Okay.

Tell me why [emoji4]

Jonnyboy
30-08-2016, 06:14 PM
A lot of anger being expressed (and rightly so) regarding the smoke bombs/sectarian songs etc but as I said in my earlier post, this notice of complaint deals entirely with the physical damages caused by fans coming onto the pitch.

I would like to think that a separate notice of complaint will be raised regarding the smoke bombs/sectarian songs etc but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I'm unsure what action Hibs or indeed Hibs fans could take to ask the Compliance Officer of his intent in that regard but I sure as hell want someone to raise it with him

hibs0666
30-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Okay.

Tell me why [emoji4]

No.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Exactly, i have seen us do the lap of honor thing, ripping the pitch up and goading the huns while invading the pitch will be a one off i will probably never see again. :top marks

Great, glad you are happy....You also happy with potential to be fined as a Club?

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 06:17 PM
I think if the SFA try to stitch us up, Dempster will have their shirts for arse paper. There are so many holes in this report, she will have a field day with them.

Suspended fine is my prediction, they won't want this to drag on and have it ripped to pieces, as usual they will want it all swept under the carpet with little to nothing done in the end.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 06:19 PM
No.
Thank you, Perry Mason [emoji4]

Aldo
30-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I think if the SFA try to stitch us up, Dempster will have their shirts for arse paper. There are so many holes in this report, she will have a field day with them. Suspended fine is my prediction, they won't want this to drag on and have it ripped to pieces, as usual they will want it all swept under the carpet with little to nothing done in the end.

They also don't want their club... Newco to be hit with a fine they would probably struggle to pay!!

KeithTheHibby
30-08-2016, 06:20 PM
A lot of anger being expressed (and rightly so) regarding the smoke bombs/sectarian songs etc but as I said in my earlier post, this notice of complaint deals entirely with the physical damages caused by fans coming onto the pitch.

I would like to think that a separate notice of complaint will be raised regarding the smoke bombs/sectarian songs etc but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I'm unsure what action Hibs or indeed Hibs fans could take to ask the Compliance Officer of his intent in that regard but I sure as hell want someone to raise it with him

If they are WTF are they waiting on? Really don't see the point in this dragging on any longer. The facts won't change, the smoke bombs and singing happened for all to see so I fail to see why wait.

Not having a go at you JB, just find it strange that they would announce another notice of complaint after these 2.

Jonnyboy
30-08-2016, 06:22 PM
If they are WTF are they waiting on? Really don't see the point in this dragging on any longer. The facts won't change, the smoke bombs and singing happened for all to see so I fail to see why wait.

Not having a go at you JB, just find it strange that they would announce another notice of complaint after these 2.

:aok: They are, in effect, separate offences and so presumably will draw separate notices of complaint. At least, in the real world they would :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 06:24 PM

The link posted earlier suggested that the CO doesn't have the powers to deal with that.

Even if he does, we would be due a charge for the smoke bombs in our end.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 06:26 PM
If they are WTF are they waiting on? Really don't see the point in this dragging on any longer. The facts won't change, the smoke bombs and singing happened for all to see so I fail to see why wait. Not having a go at you JB, just find it strange that they would announce another notice of complaint after these 2.

I personally think the powers that be will do absolutely nothing regarding the singing, smoke bombs or flares. If they were then as you have mentioned there would have been a separate charge??

They are scared to upset the hordes in the west! Time they stood up and were counted in respect of this...but we all know they won't. Rotten to the core.

Ronniekirk
30-08-2016, 06:34 PM

Anyone any idea who should be raising it as agree it shouldnt get swept under the carpet
I had a feeling the S F A would want the compliance officer to concentrate on the damage done and shifr the blame solely onto us They were embarrassed and they immediately jumped into bed with rangers and allowed lies to be spread ie all 11 rangers players were assaulted and needed treatment for eg
We will get a hefty fine i have no doubt about that Will we also have to pay damages on top of that ?

But agree afterwe have paid pur fine the club should be looking to do something and get an apology from Rangers for the lies told and thier overexuberance to go to print and smear and tarnish our clubs name more than was needed
But the one thing they cant do is take that result away from us
I teally hope they dont win this competition for a while and we can plenty opportunities to rub our victory in and keep that cherished occassion as a moment we will savour despite The Rangers hogging the media limelight and trying to besmirch our achievement

Fuzzywuzzy
30-08-2016, 06:35 PM
The hoards on RM are having a meltdown that nothing has been mentioned about the fabricated assaults on players and staff

Paisley Hibby
30-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Entirely predictable that this would happen as will be the fact that Hibs fine will be a multiple of that applied to The Rangers.

Hibs will do / say nothing this side of the judgement being handed down as that is entirely consistent with our approach to date.

I will be interested to hear what we do say afterwards, but have a feeling it wont be much as we would much prefer for the post match shenanigans to be over and done with and consigned to history.

I have no idea what our fine will be as I have no idea of any precedents that have happened in the past but my guess is that it will be well into 6 figures.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was greater than the revenue we made from the Scottish Cup run.

The blazers were caught with their trousers down and they wont have enjoyed the fall out from that.

I fully understand why those that did went on the pitch but cant condone it, not that I am being asked to.

What I really struggle with is why to this day we have legions of people queuing up to praise / defend those that did.

Surely with the world of trouble that this has brought the club, running on the pitch can with hindsight be seen as not the greatest ever idea?

Other teams win things (some for their first trophy ever) and don't resort to that type of behaviour

Time will tell what the fall out will actually be, but I don't think there is any doubt at all that preparing for that fall out has caused monies that could have been expended on the team to be held in reserve.

If that's not the case, where has the post cup final windfall / Stubbs compensation / increased season ticket revenue gone?

I would need some convincing that the management / squad changes have mopped that and the HSL and share monies up compared to last year.

It would sit a lot better with me if those that did go on the pitch and their acolytes were a bit less self congratulatory from now on.

Great post, well said.

green day
30-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Its all speculation just now, a bit like the independent report, might as well wait til it comes out in the wash in October.

I dont really care how they treat The Huns - both teams are guilty of something, we cant be blind to that.

Hibs will, of course, be ensuring that any punishment is commensurate with the damage done - in both cases.

Also, presumably Hibs will ask for evidence and invoices if asked to pay for damage - I doubt the SFA can fabricate those.

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2016, 06:43 PM

That makes sense I suppose otherwise there wouldn't be anything they could do about the invasion.

northstandhibby
30-08-2016, 06:46 PM
The hoards on RM are having a meltdown that nothing has been mentioned about the fabricated assaults on players and staff

:violin:

Still telling porky pies. Couldn't care less what the lying hun bigots are mumping about tbh.

Mon the Cabbage

Deansy
30-08-2016, 06:48 PM
LD/Hibs should let the GFA know that an appeal will be very publicly launched citing the glaring omission of ANY punishment of the Huns blatant sectarianism (as mentioned in the independent report commissioned BY and FOR the GFA !!) along witb their pyrotechnic as the Main contributitor to any damage done to the image/name of the Scottish Cup ??

Captain Trips
30-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Here is my notice:

The Rangers 2 v 3 Hibernian

Paisley Hibby
30-08-2016, 07:03 PM
SFA completely BOTTLE it when it comes to punishing Rangers and their fans for Sectarian singing again.

I don't think they're bottling it, I think there are two other things happening.

1. SFA officials and their contractors need to shift the blame away from themselves - despite the fact that this was their gig and they made all the arrangements.

2. Lots of the directors of other clubs, especially the smaller ones, are local business guys who don't have enough money to be on the board at Ibrox so they get involved at a lower level instead. They're still Rangers fans though and they are voting members of the SFA who desperately want to see Hibs punished and made an example of.

These two factors are coming together to spell real trouble for us and those on this board who are still saying the pitch invasion was a great thing need to get real. From what I've heard (from someone who was there) many SFA members are favouring other punishments AS WELL as a hefty fine and discussed in great detail what these might involve at the SFA AGM earlier this summer. Thank goodness Leeane Dempster was elected and, tin hat on, Ann Budge. We are going to need all the influence and friends we can muster to avoid serious penalties.

Radium
30-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Trying to follow the breadcrumbs as to what rule we have broken. The notice provides

Disciplinary rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 311

In that at the above match you failed to adhere to the Cup Competition Rules, specifically Rule 28 of the Rules of The Scottish Cup

Page 145 of the Judicial Panel Handbook [on SFA site] states that Disciplinary Rule 311 is

Infringement of Rules – All Clubs, officials, players or other persons under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall adhere to the Cup Competition Rules

The max sanctions include £100k fine and/ or loss of revenue from round and/ or replay and/ or expulsion/ exclusion from the competitionhttp://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2013-14/Handbook%20-%20JPP2.pdf

Rule 28 for the Scottish Cup is in the Handbook [p146]. The document I have found on the SFA site is:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2016-17/Scottish%20FA%20Handbook%202016-17.pdf (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2016-17/Scottish%20FA%20Handbook%202016-17.pdf)

where rule 28 states

The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf.

In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in the reparation of same.

The Association shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Board impose upon any club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Board, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club’s representatives or those associated with it

Club could be hit hard

3pm
30-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Hibs in first. Get the big fine over with then they can have tea and coffee with The Rangers the next day.

northstandhibby
30-08-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't think they're bottling it, I think there are two other things happening.

1. SFA officials and their contractors need to shift the blame away from themselves - despite the fact that this was their gig and they made all the arrangements.

2. Lots of the directors of other clubs, especially the smaller ones, are local business guys who don't have enough money to be on the board at Ibrox so they get involved at a lower level instead. They're still Huns though and they are voting members of the SFA who desperately want to see Hibs punished and made an example of.

These two factors are coming together to spell real trouble for us and those on this board who are still saying the pitch invasion was a great thing need to get real. From what I've heard (from someone who was there) many SFA members are favouring other punishments AS WELL as a hefty fine and discussed in great detail what these might involve at the SFA AGM earlier this summer. Thank goodness Leeane Dempster was elected and, tin hat on, Ann Budge. We are going to need all the influence and friends we can muster to avoid serious penalties.

:dunno:

Serious penalties for what exactly? Fans going on the Pitch to celebrate a cup win. There's been umpteen recent pitch invasions when clubs win things, can't remember any serious penalties dished out.

It was the huns who came on looking to attack hibs fans.

Mon the Cabbage

lapsedhibee
30-08-2016, 07:12 PM

Serious penalties for what exactly? Fans going on the Pitch to celebrate a cup win. There's been umpteen recent pitch invasions when clubs win things, can't remember any serious penalties dished out.

For beating the the huns, which is what this whole farrago is about.

Jack
30-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Whoever he was, that's probably a police concern.

The sevco official and from the video I saw it looked very much like it, should be dealt by the police but as a representative of sevco he should also be done by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute.

147lothian
30-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Mon the Cabbage

I tend to agree with this part, in fact I can't think of many championship matches down the road that don't end in a pitch invasion its what happens, what The Rangers weren't happy about was losing the match, then we have the Scottish journalists who are stuck in the past spinning the rangers propaganda of victims.

It was a natural reaction to what many thought the might never see, let the sfa decide what they are going to do and we move on, as Scottish Cup holders!

Paisley Hibby
30-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Trying to follow the breadcrumbs as to what rule we have broken. The notice provides

Disciplinary rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 311

In that at the above match you failed to adhere to the Cup Competition Rules, specifically Rule 28 of the Rules of The Scottish Cup

Page 145 of the Judicial Panel Handbook [on SFA site] states that Disciplinary Rule 311 is

Infringement of Rules – All Clubs, officials, players or other persons under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall adhere to the Cup Competition Rules

The max sanctions include £100k fine and/ or loss of revenue from round and/ or replay and/ or expulsion/ exclusion from the competitionhttp://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2013-14/Handbook%20-%20JPP2.pdf

Rule 28 for the Scottish Cup is in the Handbook [p146]. The document I have found on the SFA site is:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2016-17/Scottish%20FA%20Handbook%202016-17.pdf (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2016-17/Scottish%20FA%20Handbook%202016-17.pdf)

where rule 28 states

The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf.

In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in the reparation of same.

The Association shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Board impose upon any club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Board, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club’s representatives or those associated with it

Club could be hit hard
The rules were strengthened at this year's AGM and the SPFL subsequently adopted the same rule changes. Don't know if what you've got here reflects those changes. What I heard was SFA members discussed punishment that would affect us for the 2016/17 Scottish Cup competition but not in a way listed above.

Andy74
30-08-2016, 07:31 PM

Nah. The reaction to the 'invasion' was totally different to the experience at the time. You can't overlay what we know now onto people's decisions at the time. There might have been the odd bam but for the majority they were just congregating where the party appeared to be at.

I don't have a problem with anyone who still thinks it was justifiable.

By the way our recently departed oldest fan Sam encouraged his carer to go on the pitch and enjoy himself. Was he an acolyte then?

Hibby70
30-08-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm going to guess the result as

Sevco £50k
The mighty Hibernian £75k

Both with also be hit with a suspended eviction notice.

The SFA will need to be seen as tough with the Huns slightly better off in terms of a fine.

Hibs will then pay the fine and act professionally. Sevco will burst into a rage then have to offload Kenny Miller to pay for it.

Onion
30-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Still begs the question, what could Hibernian FC possibly have done to prevent the damage to the pitch, goals and advertising hoardings ?

Nothing.

They were relying wholly on Police Scotland and Hampden security doing their job and preventing the pitch invasion, and had a reasonable expectation that they would do that. Fact is, the police were posted AWOL (more concerned with partying with the Huns at Ibrox) and the fat security guys "not fit for purpose" when it came to the crunch.

If Police, SFA and Hampden are unable to stop a simple pitch invasion then Hibs should bring their own security force to matches in future. And they should ask for any fine to be offset by the cost of the ineffective policing and Hampden security who let the club down. Stop the invasion at source and NONE of this is an issue.

As for The Rangers, their defence will be that none of the fans who invaded the pitch at their end were Sevco supporters. It's been well documented that those terrible West of Scotland FC, Hampden FC and Glasgow FC were the culprits. Any Sevco fans who went onto the pitch were very careful to avoid doing any damage and were merely protecting their players.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 07:40 PM

Sevco £50k

The SFA will need to be seen as tough with the Huns slightly better off in terms of a fine.

Hibs will then pay the fine and act professionally. Sevco will burst into a rage then have to offload Kenny Miller to pay for it.
Plus the damage costs?

Onion
30-08-2016, 07:45 PM

Sevco £50k

A ratio of Sevco 2 : Hibernian 3 seems reasonable :thumbsup:

Argylehibby
30-08-2016, 07:45 PM

I can't see any further complaints being raised JB. If there was to be another, citing the songs etc. It would I think have been another charge added here rather than at a later date.

BSEJVT
30-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Nah. The reaction to the 'invasion' was totally different to the experience at the time. You can't overlay what we know now onto people's decisions at the time. There might have been the odd bam but for the majority they were just congregating where the party appeared to be at.

By the way our recently departed oldest fan Sam encouraged his carer to go on the pitch and enjoy himself. Was he an acolyte then?

Andy you and I have disagreed a lot of over the years but I am afraid your last sentence is totally beyond contempt and I am afraid casts you in a despicable light.

I would go as far as to say it is completely unworthy of you or for that matter any other poster on this board.

Taking that aside, you seem to have a real problem here accepting your actions were illegal, anything I have heard from you since is a failed attempt to justify them.

If we followed your analogy it would lead us to believe that if someone murdered someone in a fit of temper that would be fair enough because " we cant overlay what we know now onto peoples decisions at the time"

If we used that as the yardstick to judge peoples actions there would be a total breakdown in law and order.

It was wrong at the time, is wrong now and always will be.

Lago
30-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Andy you and I have disagreed a lot of over the years but I am afraid your last sentence is totally beyond contempt and I am afraid cast you in a despicable light.

Taking that aside, you seem to have a real problem here accepting your actions were illegal, anything I have heard from you since is a failed attempt to justify them.

If we followed your analogy it would lead us to believe that if someone murdered someone in a fit of temper that would be fair enough because " we cant overlay what we know now onto peoples decisions at the time"

If we used that as the yardstick to judge peoples actions there would be a total breakdown in law and order.

Correct, correct & correct.:top marks

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Really?

In my opinion yes. Spontaneous celebration not correographed by TV or the sponsors. The fans who taunted the Rangers fans deserve to feel the full force of the law as I have stated on other threads previously. The only reason I didn't go on the pitch was because my family and friends in the south lower were all climbing over seats to celebrate with each other as we couldn't get a row together.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 07:51 PM
The rules were strengthened at this year's AGM and the SPFL subsequently adopted the same rule changes. Don't know if what you've got here reflects those changes. What I heard was SFA members discussed punishment that would affect us for the 2016/17 Scottish Cup competition but not in a way listed above.

Anything that would affect us would affect Newco. Cannot see how they could not punish them in similar vane.

Both were on the pitch however we did a wee bit of damage, that being the only difference!

It's going to be interesting watching this pan out.

I will however suggest that LD and the rest of the club have this matter in hand.

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Andy you and I have disagreed a lot of over the years but I am afraid your last sentence is totally beyond contempt and I am afraid casts you in a despicable light.

I would go as far as to say it is completely unworthy of you or for that matter any other poster on this board.

I have often not seen eye to eye with Andy74 but I agree with what he says. As for comparing a joyous pitch invasion to murdering someone, that is very odd indeed.

BSEJVT
30-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Bring back the birch :roll eyes: I have often not seen eye to eye with Andy74 but I agree with what he says. As for comparing a joyous pitch invasion to murdering someone, that is very odd indeed.

No ones comparing that at all, are you being deliberately obtuse?

What we are comparing is the justification that you cant judge someone on anything other than their emotions at the time

It works for any crime or for that matter error of judgement you choose to consider

Its a patent nonsense of a defence

ancient hibee
30-08-2016, 08:00 PM

2. Lots of the directors of other clubs, especially the smaller ones, are local business guys who don't have enough money to be on the board at Ibrox so they get involved at a lower level instead. They're still Rangers fans though and they are voting members of the SFA who desperately want to see Hibs punished and made an example of.

Think someone one has been feeding you a lot of guff re point 2.Seems to me there weren't too many friends of Rangers at these smaller clubs when they went down the leagues.Were these discussions at the AGM held in the hearing of the SFA Vice President Rod Petrie do you think? Incidentally neither Ms Dempster or Mrs Budge are elected to the SFA.

Greenworld
30-08-2016, 08:12 PM
I thought the independent enquiry found both clubs clear of any fault ...I reckon 25k fine max anything else would be challenged in court if of course you are allowed to do that

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
30-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Do you have inside info te what punishments were discusded for this Seasons competition Not asking for source just curious tp see what they were and if any pan out to be ised against us
And if you have amy influence get L D to bring that Persevered Tour to Paisley 🤑

MB62
30-08-2016, 08:19 PM
The accusations directed at us seem to be Hibernian supporters, after invading the pitch, damaged the turf and the goalposts.
If that is accurate, then,

Guilty as charged.

Pay the fine (unless it's a suspended one) apologise yet again for the over exuberance of a small percentage of our support that day, and then move on.

I've seen Hibs win 3 league cups and two Drybrough cups without any pitch invasions. This one was a special circumstance and whilst that doesn't justify it, it most certainly explains the actions of the few.

Speedy
30-08-2016, 08:26 PM

I don't have a problem with it.

stantonhibby
30-08-2016, 08:43 PM

You do appear to have a problem accepting the fact you shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Andy74
30-08-2016, 08:49 PM

It's a fact that in the recent article Sam's carer was talking about him encouraging him on the pitch. I think it's a great story that helps articulate that it was an occasion where Hibs fans shared a bit of a moment.

Edited by admin

Kato
30-08-2016, 08:51 PM

Said, sir.

HNA2
30-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Guys can we stop the personal stuff and keep on topic.

Kato
30-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Still begs the question, what could Hibernian FC possibly have done to prevent the damage to the pitch, goals and advertising hoardings ?

We could have lost the game. The biggest thing that taunts and goads them is the fact we broke our hoo-doo by cuffing them in all depts.

Andy74
30-08-2016, 09:02 PM
No ones comparing that at all, are you being deliberately obtuse?

What we are comparing is the justification that you cant judge someone on anything other than their emotions at the time

It works for any crime or for that matter error of judgement you choose to consider

Its a patent nonsense of a defence
Not just emotions but the sense of what was actually happening on the day. It was a day or two before most of us realised there was any particular fuss about it. I'm talking the folk just wandering on later joining in what was a joyous occasion with other fans.

To connect that to everyone knowing that they were engaging in a criminal act that would have repercussions is just ignoring the actual events.

In any case, is it illegal after the game? The independent report didn't seem to think so as they recommended possibly making it so.

It's maybe not clever in certain circumstances walking right down the middle of Leith Walk on a Sunday afternoon chasing a bus but I confess to that on the Sunday too.

Talking about the break down of law and order is getting a bit carried away I think.

jacomo
30-08-2016, 09:09 PM

To be honest, Petrie is the man you need in a tight spot like this. What's more, he will relish it.

Best to let him go into battle against the Weegie mafia and leave Leeann to the job she does best.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Not just emotions but the sense of what was actually happening on the day. It was a day or two before most of us realised there was any particular fuss about it. I'm talking the folk just wandering on later joining in what was a joyous occasion with other fans.

To connect that to everyone knowing that they were engaging in a criminal act that would have repercussions is just ignoring the actual events.

In any case, is it illegal after the game? The independent report didn't seem to think so as they recommended possibly making it so.

It's maybe not clever in certain circumstances walking right down the middle of Leith Walk on a Sunday afternoon chasing a bus but I confess to that on the Sunday too.

Talking about the break down of law and order is getting a bit carried away I think.
Pretty sure it's not illegal during the game either. Against the conditions of the ticket sale, but not against the law.

WestStandMoaner
30-08-2016, 09:22 PM

I would encourage everyone to email the SFA and ask them what action they will be taking against the bigots for the singing. I have just sent my email, I expect little response but maybe it is time for fans from all clubs to start to send letters and emails to their local MSP. If the SFA are rotten to the core then it's time for Government action

southsider
30-08-2016, 09:32 PM
I would encourage everyone to email the SFA and ask them what action they will be taking against the bigots for the singing. I have just sent my email, I expect little response but maybe it is time for fans from all clubs to start to send letters and emails to their local MSP. If the SFA are rotten to the core then it's time for Government action
Whilst I was not on the pitch I cheered my heart out when I saw the delight of vast majority of those that were. We are Hibs. All for one and one for all. If we can set up a fighting find then £50 on its way. GGTTH. Time for heroes 21/5/2016

BSEJVT
30-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Another completely obtuse reaction.

Lets be clear here at no time did I link the pitch invasion to a breakdown in law and order

You said something along the lines of that you could only judge someone on what was in their head at the time

I told you that that that was a nonsense and that if that were the only way to judge folk then that would lead to a breakdown in law and order and you know that just fine.

Any attempt to pretend differently is a tawdry attempt to muddy the waters in a debate you know you cant win.

Its incredible to me that rather than accepting that with the benefit of hindsight, invading the pitch wasn't a clever thing to do that you and others attempt to justify your actions and distort the debate by selectively quoting and deliberately distorting extracts from a post debating the point.

I get why folk went on the pitch, I don't agree with your doing it but I get it.

But its now like a badge of honour to some folk that they were so overcome with emotion that they had to do it.

Get this, 20 odd thousand other Hibs supporters were equally overcome but didn't.

I am done with this till the verdict is in and the punishment known, its utterly futile debating issues with folk who know that they are legally in the wrong but cant man up enough to admit it.

Doubtless at that time we will have the on the pitch folk bleating at the unfairness of the sanctions and guys like me bemoaning the fact that the selfish actions of a few have cost the club.

Presumably the on the pitch folk will be so overcome by emotion once again that they will pay the costs of the fines and any damages in their entirety that the club incur in full? Or maybe do you think they will be able to control their emotions a bit better this time when there is a direct financial consequence to them?

However you dress it up, it was in the final analysis, and with whatever mitigating factors, an act of selfish stupidity that has harmed the club both then and now and deprived your fellow supporters of the chance to watch our team parade the cup round Hampden.

Till the next time.

Lago
30-08-2016, 09:41 PM

Lets be clear here at no time did I link the pitch invasion to a breakdown in law and order

You said something along the lines of that you could only judge someone on what was in their head at the time

I told you that that that was a nonsense and that if that were the only way to judge folk then that would lead to a breakdown in law and order and you know that just fine.

Any attempt to pretend differently is a tawdry attempt to muddy the waters in a debate you know you cant win.

Its incredible to me that rather than accepting that with the benefit of hindsight, invading the pitch wasn't a clever thing to do that you and others attempt to justify your actions and distort the debate by selectively quoting and deliberately distorting extracts from a post debating the point.

I get why folk went on the pitch, I don't agree with your doing it but I get it.

But its now like a badge of honour to some folk that they were so overcome with emotion that they had to do it.

Get this, 20 odd thousand other Hibs supporters were equally overcome but didn't.

I am done with this till the verdict is in and the punishment known, its utterly futile debating issues with folk who know that they are legally in the wrong but cant man up enough to admit it.

Doubtless at that time we will have the on the pitch folk bleating at the unfairness of the sanctions and guys like me bemoaning the fact that the selfish actions of a few have cost the club.

Presumably the on the pitch folk will be so overcome by emotion once again that they will pay the costs of the fines and any damages in their entirety that the club incur in full? Or maybe do you think they will be able to control their emotions a bit better this time when there is a direct financial consequence to them?

However you dress it up, it was in the final analysis, and with whatever mitigating factors, an act of selfish stupidity that has harmed the club both then and now and deprived your fellow supporters of the chance to watch our team parade the cup round Hampden.

Till the next time.:top marks

stantonhibby
30-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Stubbs pretty much nails this when he is asked at full time how he feels...... " honestly I wish the fans would get off the pitch so we can celebrate properly"

superfurryhibby
30-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Did the players and management share the delight of the on the pitch people?

Self indulgence ruined the celebration at ER after the League Cup in 2007 and it denied the players and fans the joy of a lap of honour this time ( no nonsense about the police being spiteful etc).

See the next time, can the overcome save their self pleasuring for a less public occasion.

Radium
30-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Based on their front page, Daily Rangers are not happy. Aww (sorry about the image, no links were clicked though)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160830/7625908edb6006d1b7209d58a6fab06a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
30-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Till the next time.

What a load of over dramatic nonsense that was.

Can you remind me again what law you think people were breaking?

The language you continue to use describing fellow Hibs fans is pretty sad. People reacted and celebrated in different ways. I and many others didn't 'invade' anywhere.

Selfish stupidity eh? What a daft statement.

The people on the pitch didn't debt the chance of the cup being paraded. Whoever made that decision did that.

HappyAsHellas
30-08-2016, 10:31 PM

They are not legally in the wrong, as has been pointed out already on this thread. It doesn't make it right, but it is not illegal.

itslegaltender
30-08-2016, 10:41 PM
The Daily Ranger showing their true colours in tomorrows headline "Shamden". Then stating that Rangers players were assaulted and the SFA chooses to omit that.

Not one mention of the sectarian singing, smokebombs of the Orcs. A filthy paper.

Jim44
30-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Based on their front page, Daily Rangers are not happy. Aww (sorry about the image, no links were clicked though)

Dogs with the proverbial bone. Is Traynor still employed by the Daily ******? The photographic evidence clearly showed unacceptable behaviour by a few Hibs supporters towards Sevco players but the incessant harping on about assaults and severe kickings by the Weegie media and Sevco sympathisers is wearing thin and fools no-one except the Hun hordes.

Chorley Hibee
30-08-2016, 11:37 PM
For how much longer is our board going to allow the Daily Record, The Rangers FC (and others) to continually besmirch the name of the club and the vast majority of our support?

I'm growing increasingly concerned about the silence from our club on this matter, and becoming highly doubtful they have any intention of fighting our corner should it be required.

I'm still particularly disgruntled about their lack of action after our last visit to Ibrox too.

Andy Bee
31-08-2016, 12:08 AM
My son and his mate tried to join the initial dash for the pitch, he was told in no uncertain terms don't even think about it, I thought it unsafe. 5 minutes later fans were strolling onto the pitch without any kind of confrontation from the Police/stewards. Realising how much they wanted to be part of it I told them to go down and ask if it's OK to join in which they did by asking a Policeman, turning to me and giving the thumbs up. They were told when they asked if it's OK to go on "why not everyone else is". I'd say the majority of Hibs fans on that pitch just wandered down and walked on, they certainly didn't "invade" and it certainly wasn't illegal given the Police told them it's fine.

The point that our own fans stopped the team doing a lap of honour really annoys me, everyone returned to their seats at which point the lap could of taken place without any problems, the cynic in me suggests that was decided just to add to the hype along with the precious little sevco players too scared to come out for their losers medals. After the dust settles on this though there's only one fact that will be remembered...... 3-2

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-08-2016, 12:49 AM
To the sensitive souls on here, yes I went on the pitch and yes, when the fine is released I am sure a fund will be set up to contribute towards paying it which I'll happily send money on to.

Pitch invasions happen the length and breadth of the country. Was ours really any different to those that happen at the end of the season? Ok some utter tools ran towards the other end but again.... are we saying that doesn't happen in any other pitch invasion?

After years of torment, abuse and heartache we finally overcome the jinx. We done it and boy did we do it in style. People have different levels of emotion so to say anyone shouldn't so it purely because you wouldn't do it is ignorant

I don't regret my actions that day (actually wish I stole a bit turf now) and Petrie summed it up perfectly in the immediate aftermath of the game and that is still my opinion now.

This is only really a big issue because of the opponents who let's be serious. Everybody knows to be the "establishment club" in Scotland which is frankly an embarrassment in this day and age.

Sometimes I make poor errors of judgement and pay for it this isn't one imo. Clearly there are a few saints on this board that have never done something that's exactly by the book.

Aldo
31-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Based on their front page, Daily Rangers are not happy. Aww (sorry about the image, no links were clicked though) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colours well and truly nailed to the mast!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2016, 06:25 AM
For how much longer is our board going to allow the Daily Record, The Rangers FC (and others) to continually besmirch the name of the club and the vast majority of our support?

I'm growing increasingly concerned about the silence from our club on this matter, and becoming highly doubtful they have any intention of fighting our corner should it be required.

I'm still particularly disgruntled about their lack of action after our last visit to Ibrox too.

Agree with this but this is classic Hibs silence, the DR should be banned from ER full stop but they would have a field day making even more accusations on us.

A truly God awful paper.

marinello59
31-08-2016, 06:29 AM

Our club have played this perfectly so far. I trust them to continue to do so.

Col2
31-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Agree with this but this is classic Hibs silence, the DR should be banned from ER full stop but they would have a field day making even more accusations on us.

A truly God awful paper.

Hibs don't need to make a song and dance about it. Just privately warn the editor about consistency and accuracy and then if no change withdraw all media privileges without any public announcement.

I know we want a right big GTF message but it's not the Hibs way.

Alternatively wait until official punishment has been given and accepted and then go after them with facts and ban them.

I am fairly sure we as fans could get the whole support to withdraw from reading online or god forbid buy the rag. May even get leith based newsagents to stop selling them?

Pretty Boy
31-08-2016, 06:31 AM

Tell them they are not welcome at ER.

I know it will be argued it is self defeating or whatever but they have revelled in giving us a kicking since the final. What more could they possibly print that would be worse?

Either officially ban them or instuct Neil Lennon and the players to take a similar approach to Jurgen Klopp if they are questioned by a DR journalist.

Heisenberg
31-08-2016, 06:34 AM
Funny how they don't mention the sectarian singing on the front page at all eh? ****.

#FromTheCapital
31-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Can't believe the Daily Ranger is still pushing the story about Rangers players and staff being assaulted, despite there being no proof of that actually happening. There's lots of proof of hibs fans being assaulted but that wouldn't suit their agenda.

Regarding the invasion itself; I was part of it and have no regrets in running on to the pitch. I thought it was great at the time to celebrate in such a way. It's a shame that we couldn't do a lap of honour, but in the scale of things and given the numerous opportunities that everyone had to celebrate that weekend that's a small point to concede. I'd be happy donating towards any fine we receive.

andyf5
31-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Can't believe the Daily Ranger is still pushing the story about Rangers players and staff being assaulted, despite there being no proof of that actually happening.

I never realised how biased and unprofessional the media can be until the winning the final. I don't want to be the mirror image of that and point out a hibs fan was convicted of pushing Andy Halliday in July and another has appeared in court accused of attempting to punch Lee Wallace and Jason Holt. The video and images are online. I attempted to get on the pitch but would not do so next time :greengrin as it led to problems such as this.

TheHarpy76
31-08-2016, 07:31 AM

Nothing.

They were relying wholly on Police Scotland and Hampden security doing their job and preventing the pitch invasion, and had a reasonable expectation that they would do that. Fact is, the police were posted AWOL (more concerned with partying with the Huns at Ibrox) and the fat security guys "not fit for purpose" when it came to the crunch.

If Police, SFA and Hampden are unable to stop a simple pitch invasion then Hibs should bring their own security force to matches in future. And they should ask for any fine to be offset by the cost of the ineffective policing and Hampden security who let the club down. Stop the invasion at source and NONE of this is an issue.

As for The Rangers, their defence will be that none of the fans who invaded the pitch at their end were Sevco supporters. It's been well documented that those terrible West of Scotland FC, Hampden FC and Glasgow FC were the culprits. Any Sevco fans who went onto the pitch were very careful to avoid doing any damage and were merely protecting their players.

So in short you're saying that Hibs should wipe their hands of any responsibility concerning the behaviour of their supporters?

GloryGlory
31-08-2016, 07:41 AM

A truly God awful paper.

Yep. But, oh my, that succulent lamb must be very good! :greengrin

Either that or the "journalists" don't get paid enough to be able to afford to buy their own food. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
31-08-2016, 07:42 AM
If it's a £50000 fine how much would you chuck in to the pot?

If Hibs had have released more cup final gear they would have covered that fine in a weekends sales.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2016, 07:43 AM
So in short you're saying that Hibs should wipe their hands of any responsibility concerning the behaviour of their supporters?

Security and policing at the game was not Hibs responsibility.

Hibs issued the tickets with the relevant terms of entry printed on them, Hibs implemented a ticketing system that by any reasonable standards ensured it was Hibs supporters who possessed tickets, Hibs posted the relevant Police messages on the official site regarding supporter conduct. That was all acknowledged in the previous report.

At sone point it becomes about personal resposibility. For varying reason 2 or 3000 people entered the pitch post game as opposed to staying in the stands with the rest of us. Whilst neither condoning or condemning it I fail to see how Hibs can be held responsible. The club will be reprimanded and fined but I'd be interested to hear what more Hibs could have done (short of losing the football match) or which of their responsibilities Hibs failed in that played a part in the invasion happening.

Kavinho
31-08-2016, 07:58 AM

Till the next time.

a tad sanctimonious, no?

GloryGlory
31-08-2016, 08:02 AM

Hibs issued the tickets with the relevant terms of entry printed on them, Hibs implemented a ticketing system that by any reasonable standards ensured it was Hibs supporters who possessed tickets, Hibs posted the relevant Police messages on the official site regarding supporter conduct. That was all acknowledged in the previous report.

At sone point it becomes about personal resposibility. For varying reason 2 or 3000 people entered the pitch post game as opposed to staying in the stands with the rest of us. Whilst neither condoning or condemning it I fail to see how Hibs can be held responsible. The club will be reprimanded and fined but I'd be interested to hear what more Hibs could have done (short of losing the football match) or which of their responsibilities Hibs failed in that played a part in the invasion happening.

In addition, Hibs have also taken action against supporters found to have broken the law by cancelling season tickets and/or imposing banning orders.

What action have The Rangers taken against their fans who have been charged with violence? What action have they taken against fans who set off smoke bombs? What action have they taken against the fans singing sectarian songs?

Kavinho
31-08-2016, 08:10 AM
In addition, Hibs have also taken action against supporters found to have broken the law by cancelling season tickets and/or imposing banning orders.

What action have The Rangers taken against their fans who have been charged with violence? What action have they taken against fans who set off smoke bombs? What action have they taken against the fans singing sectarian songs?

The whataboutery will be heard but not heeded as it's not relevant to the complaint about Hibs.

But as Pb says, hard to see what more Hibs as a club could have done.

I personally still feel we were let down by the lack of a perimeter at full time. I still feel a more visible deterrent would have had some impact. However.. The report whitewashed that bit.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 08:14 AM
I doubt there's more than 500 copies of the Record sold per day through here in Edinburgh.

They couldn't even give away their evening editions for free.

Let them say what they like. As has been stated on here before the only folk that read it are Rangers fans anyway so why get worked up about it.

TheHarpy76
31-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Yep this is all fair enough, you're correct of course when you talk about personal responsibility but sadly ultimately it's the club who are held responsible with situations like this, let's not kid ourselves on and say that no other club anywhere in world football wouldn't get pulled up over a situation like this. Let's go completely hypothetical here, if Hearts (heaven forbid) played a derby at Easter Road and won which resulted in them winning the league, invading the pitch and tearing up the pitch, ripping down the goalposts and doing other damage would we be saying "ah well let them be, it's not their clubs fault"? No we absolutely wouldn't, we would want them punished and rightly so, I guarantee there would be a 20 page thread on here slamming their thug supporters and disgusting club.

What I'm ultimately saying is that we should quit making excuses,man up, take our punishment and move on and stop trying to find others to blame.

Betty Boop
31-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Yep this is all fair enough, you're correct of course when you talk about personal responsibility but sadly ultimately it's the club who are held responsible with situations like this, let's not kid ourselves on and say that no other club anywhere in world football wouldn't get pulled up over a situation like this. Let's go completely hypothetical here, if Hearts (heaven forbid) played a derby at Easter Road and won which resulted in them invading the pitch and tearing up the pitch, ripping down the goalposts and doing other damage would we be saying "ah well let them be, it's not their clubs fault"? No we absolutely wouldn't, we would want them punished and rightly so, I guarantee there would be a 20 page thread on here slamming their thug supporters and disgusting club.

What I'm ultimately saying is that we should quit making excuses,man up, take our punishment and move on and stop trying to find others to blame.

This

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 08:56 AM
I doubt there's more than 500 copies of the Record sold per day through here in Edinburgh.

They couldn't even give away their evening editions for free.

Let them say what they like. As has been stated on here before the only folk that read it are Rangers fans anyway so why get worked up about it.

Absolutely. It has morphed into an unashamed Hun fanzine. It no longer pretends to be relevant for fans of other clubs. A despicable rag.

Mon the Cabbage

Kato
31-08-2016, 09:04 AM

Absolutely. It has morphed into an unashamed Hun fanzine. It no longer pretends to be relevant for fans of other clubs. A despicable rag.

Mon the Cabbage

It hasn't morphed at all. It always has been a rangers rag. I saw copies from the 1950's which had more than a few stories about "lazy Irish workers" and catholics "having too many children".

Scottish Wee Free/Presbyterian tabloid, for all that's worth.

NZ Green
31-08-2016, 09:12 AM
The real law breakers have been dealt with in court. From the SFA's neutral standpoint, they dont want to encourage pitch invasions as it can be potentially dangerous and is unnecessary, from a fan's point of view, pitch invasions only happen when history is made, and this was one of those occasions - running on the pitch hurts nobody and it was the result of an emotional day (decades!), understandable. The Rangers will probably feel like their involvement was pointless however.

The SFA can't go around chapping on everyone's doors asking to pay for the damages, so the only realistic approach is to punish the clubs which is fair enough, I would like to think that some of the people who went on the pitch will take responsibility and chip in, I know I would pay any day of the week for the pleasure of being on the pitch after that game.
The club and fans just need to take it on the chin and move on, it was a brilliant day for Hibernian and a fine is a small price to pay for the memories.

Siralbertkidd
31-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Just read the caption under the photo on the BBC page.

"Police formed an armed guard after supporters had invaded the pitch".

Wow, maybe it was more than exuberance if it took guns to quell the riot!

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Yep this is all fair enough, you're correct of course when you talk about personal responsibility but sadly ultimately it's the club who are held responsible with situations like this, let's not kid ourselves on and say that no other club anywhere in world football wouldn't get pulled up over a situation like this. Let's go completely hypothetical here, if Hearts (heaven forbid) played a derby at Easter Road and won which resulted in them invading the pitch and tearing up the pitch, ripping down the goalposts and doing other damage would we be saying "ah well let them be, it's not their clubs fault"? No we absolutely wouldn't, we would want them punished and rightly so, I guarantee there would be a 20 page thread on here slamming their thug supporters and disgusting club.

I think what is putting folk in defensive mode isn't so much an attempt to make excuses for the pitch invasion. Yes there were reasons for it happening but not one of them changes the fact that the rules of the competition and venue explicitly prohibit fans entering the field of play. People are not arguing that point, they are making the point that the vast majority of Hibs fans on the pitch did not, and had no intention of, provoking a fight.

If there is no denying the fact that Hibs fans had no right to be on the pitch, there is also no denying the fact that what would have began and ended as a slightly over zealous celebration where a tiny handful of fans disgraced the club by partaking in actions that in no way could be described as 'celebrating' has became a national story which has ran for months because Rangers fans decided to rise to the bait and come onto the pitch for a fight .... not forgetting that according to the time line in the report Hibs fans had hardly had enough time to reach the halfway line before Sevco fans started coming onto the running track at their end.
If you ask me the very fact that Hibs fans were on the pitch celebrating was seen by them as an unbearable provocation, I don't think the fact that some Hibs fans goaded them directly was that big a factor, they would have come on anyway.

What is also pissing off the vast majority of us is that for a one off incident that lasted in total about 10 minutes it looks like we are about to be hammered by an organisation which continually refuses to take Rangers to task for the unacceptable conduct of their supporters which happens at Ibrox at every home game and their fans take to every ground in the country they visit and has been going on unchecked for years.

No, two wrongs don't make a right, but when one wrong is treated like a national disaster and the other wrong is allowed to continue totally unchecked its not hard to see why many Hibs fans, myself included, are ever so slightly miffed at being made an example of by the organisation which practices such hypocrisy.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Whatever fine Hibs and Rangers get I hope at least a portion is suspended as Motherwell's was in it's entirity.

Despite the publicity it was a kind of one off incident with mitigating circumstances.

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 09:33 AM
It hasn't morphed at all. It always has been a rangers rag. I saw copies from the 1950's which had more than a few stories about "lazy Irish workers" and catholics "having too many children".

Scottish Wee Free/Presbyterian tabloid, for all that's worth.

I've never seen the 1950's copies so bow to your greater experience of the rag. it is still the Hun fanzine I described though.

Mon the Cabbage

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Nae Nookie - playing a blinder today with your posts - agree with everything you're saying :agree:

TheHarpy76
31-08-2016, 10:20 AM
I think what is putting folk in defensive mode isn't so much an attempt to make excuses for the pitch invasion. Yes there were reasons for it happening but not one of them changes the fact that the rules of the competition and venue explicitly prohibit fans entering the field of play. People are not arguing that point, they are making the point that the vast majority of Hibs fans on the pitch did not, and had no intention of, provoking a fight.

If there is no denying the fact that Hibs fans had no right to be on the pitch, there is also no denying the fact that what would have began and ended as a slightly over zealous celebration where a tiny handful of fans disgraced the club by partaking in actions that in no way could be described as 'celebrating' has became a national story which has ran for months because Rangers fans decided to rise to the bait and come onto the pitch for a fight .... not forgetting that according to the time line in the report Hibs fans had hardly had enough time to reach the halfway line before Sevco fans started coming onto the running track at their end.
If you ask me the very fact that Hibs fans were on the pitch celebrating was seen by them as an unbearable provocation, I don't think the fact that some Hibs fans goaded them directly was that big a factor, they would have come on anyway.

What is also pissing off the vast majority of us is that for a one off incident that lasted in total about 10 minutes it looks like we are about to be hammered by an organisation which continually refuses to take Rangers to task for the unacceptable conduct of their supporters which happens at Ibrox at every home game and their fans take to every ground in the country they visit and has been going on unchecked for years.

No, two wrongs don't make a right, but when one wrong is treated like a national disaster and the other wrong is allowed to continue totally unchecked its not hard to see why many Hibs fans, myself included, are ever so slightly miffed at being made an example of by the organisation which practices such hypocrisy.

Very good post and hard to argue with.

Moulin Yarns
31-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Just a wee reminder of the main findings of the SFA's independent report

The report's main findings and recommendations:

Police and steward numbers were appropriate
Neither club to blame for crowd trouble
Call for debate on criminalising pitch invasions
Physical interaction between players and fans to be discouraged
Retractable tunnel could improve player safety
Pitch invasion sparked by Hibs fans' high excitement
Overwhelming majority of Rangers fans behaved properly

Neither club to blame for the trouble, yet the CO has charged both clubs with misconduct after the report clears them. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2016, 10:29 AM

Neither club to blame for the trouble, yet the CO has charged both clubs with misconduct after the report clears them. :confused:
That will be the main defence of both clubs.

However, both clubs broke the SFA rules, and, even allowing for the above, it will be hard to argue against that.

w pilton hibby
31-08-2016, 10:32 AM

Has the CO not charged fans of both clubs with destruction of property? Advertising boards damaged by both sets of fans. Hibs fans destroyed the goal at the Hibs end and removed (stole) turf from the pitch.

This wasn't covered in the independent report.

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2016, 11:33 AM
These statements from the SFA are clearly setting out the case for them to issue a fairly significant fine to Hibs and Sevco for the damage caused, with our fine being bigger than Sevco's.

Ignoring the sectarian singing and throwing of pyrotechnics by Sevco fans is simply laughable and further evidence that the SFA is a corrupt and completely ineffective organisation. In short, these so called leaders have failed spectacularly over decades, and they never seem to be held to account. The SFA were responsible more than anybody for the problems which surfaced on 21/5/16 but yet again they are untouchable.

Unless the blazers who run our game are unanimously emptied and pronto, Scottish football will continue to decline and our national team will soon be held in the same regard as the likes of San Marino and Andorra.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2016, 11:51 AM
These statements from the SFA are clearly setting out the case for them to issue a fairly significant fine to Hibs and Sevco for the damage caused, with our fine being bigger than Sevco's.

Ignoring the sectarian singing and throwing of pyrotechnics by Sevco fans is simply laughable and further evidence that the SFA is a corrupt and completely ineffective organisation. In short, these so called leaders have failed spectacularly over decades, and they never seem to be held to account. The SFA were responsible more than anybody for the problems which surfaced on 21/5/16 but yet again they are untouchable.

Unless the blazers who run our game are unanimously emptied and pronto, Scottish football will continue to decline and our national team will soon be held in the same regard as the likes of San Marino and Andorra.
Reading through the SFAs own rules, I can't see where the singing and flares would be offences.

Those are both criminal offences, which should be the responsibility of the police. Any charges would be levelled against the individuals, whether our or RFC supporters, rather than the clubs.

greenginger
31-08-2016, 12:01 PM
After Celtic fans let off flares at Stranraer in an earlier cup round, Regan made a statement about the practice being highly dangerous even life threatening. Can't remember if there was any fine or warning.

JeMeSouviens
31-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Predictably the Huns are utterly spewing. :fuming::grr: :wink:

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/the_scottish_football_association_police_scotland_ and_the_coverup_of_the_cup_final_debacle_893583/index.shtml

The Hibs/Celtic/SFA/Media/Police conspiracy to get them is coming along nicely. :crazy:

:lolrangers:

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 12:35 PM
^^^ That is an abolute belter of an article!!!

He probably believes it too. Total muppet.

Velma Dinkley
31-08-2016, 12:38 PM

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/the_scottish_football_association_police_scotland_ and_the_coverup_of_the_cup_final_debacle_893583/index.shtml

The Hibs/Celtic/SFA/Media/Police conspiracy to get them is coming along nicely. :crazy:

The Scottish Cup was withheld from The Rangers, so not far from the truth!

hibs0666
31-08-2016, 01:03 PM

Personally, I love these cries over improper conduct when it comes form a source that has had his own improper conduct challenges.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/12/16/rangers-trust-spokesman-given-ultimatum-resign-over-improper-conduct-claims (http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/12/16/rangers-trust-spokesman-given-ultimatum-resign-over-improper-conduct-claims)

Onion
31-08-2016, 01:03 PM

What I take from that is :

1. Sevco hate playing the victim :greengrin

2. Despite all their lies, selling their journalistic souls and acting as a Sevco mouth-piece, The Daily Record is STILL getting hammered by Sevco fans. Tick tock, Daily ****** :greengrin

One thing I do agree with is there's a MASSIVE amount of blame deflection going on by Police Scotland and the SFA. For BOTH of these organisations to walk away from 21 May's events feeling satisfied with the jobs they have done is ridiculous, and they know it. The SFA needs to be seen to be doing something, so it will be a rap on the knuckles for Hibs and Sevco, rather than coming clean and accepting the root of the problem lies with organisation failures.

Galahibby
31-08-2016, 01:18 PM
The link posted earlier suggested that the CO doesn't have the powers to deal with that.

Even if he does, we would be due a charge for the smoke bombs in our end.

Not doubting you that it happened, but I genuinely didn't see that in our end. Probably too busy going mental! IIRC I think I had something in my eye at the time as well :wink:

Moulin Yarns
31-08-2016, 01:24 PM
After Celtic fans let off flares at Stranraer in an earlier cup round, Regan made a statement about the practice being highly dangerous even life threatening. Can't remember if there was any fine or warning.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2016/january/investigation-following-stranraer-v-celtic-match

A few arrests.

This from the daily hun

CELTIC could face possible punishment over the behaviour of their fans during Sunday's William Hill Scottish Cup clash at Stranraer.

Scottish Football Association compliance officer Tony McGlennan has reviewed video footage of the travelling supporters at Stair Park which appears to show them letting off flares and singing offensive chants.

A smoke bomb was also thrown onto the pitch during the Hoops' 3-0 win.

If McGlennan decides any of the governing bodies' rules have been potentially breached, he will write to both clubs to seek their views before passing the matter to a judicial panel, which would rule on the case and issue a sanction if necessary

The matter is still at an early stage but among the guidelines McGlennan will consult before taking his next step are SFA disciplinary rules 35 and 37 which govern the responsibility of clubs to ensure the good conduct and behaviour of supporters, whether at home or away.

A number of penalties are available to the panel, including fines, censures and an order forcing matches to be played behind closed doors.

Mikey
31-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Another quality rant from The Rangers.....

RANGERS’ Directors are shocked at the charges issued by the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer in the wake of the pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final last May.

It is alarming that the governance of Scottish football is so lacking that it is impossible for the Scottish FA to guarantee the safety of footballers at the country’s showpiece event. The SFA is either unwilling or is powerless when it comes to taking the appropriate punitive action against the offenders.

A number of Rangers players were assaulted by Hibernian supporters in broad daylight on the Hampden surface and a repeat of this must be avoided at all costs. That should have been the priority of the SFA. Yet, the governing body insists it is not within its remit to issue any charges let alone punishments for such violent and dangerous misconduct. Instead of player and supporter safety they have placed all their emphasis and importance on the monetary value of a set of goalposts, pieces of turf, and advertising boards.

Rangers Directors will take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response to redress our grievances but for the moment the board fully endorses the incredulity and anger of all Rangers supporters.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-64/

JeMeSouviens
31-08-2016, 04:35 PM

They never let you down, eh? :rolleyes:

If the SFA had any balls at all they'd be all over that ...

O'Rourke3
31-08-2016, 04:37 PM

So, they actually believe this stuff..... Incredible.

You would have to think that by now either the Police can or cannot confirm the assaults on several players and for the club to detail which players and the extent of their "kicking".Funny none of this evidence has shown the light of day or it simply extends as far as though who have already been identified and charged.

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2016, 04:38 PM
They really are an embarrassment

Bostonhibby
31-08-2016, 04:42 PM
So, they actually believe this stuff..... Incredible.

You would have to think that by now either the Police can or cannot confirm the assaults on several players and for the club to detail which players and the extent of their "kicking".Funny none of this evidence has shown the light of day or it simply extends as far as though who have already been identified and charged.
They need to be careful what they wish for; far more people who were on the pitch but were not Hibernian supporters have been charged with violent crimes than Hibernian supporters were. Inconvenient truths.

They really are an embarrassment

O'Rourke3
31-08-2016, 04:55 PM
They need to be careful what they wish for; far more people who were on the pitch but were not Hibernian supporters have been charged with violent crimes than Hibernian supporters were. Inconvenient truths.

It's clear from their last line they are backing the brave hoards as all they were doing was protecting the players. An inconvenient truth that there were Fans of The Der H on the trackside 11 seconds after the Hibs fans. So apart from brave it also means they are able to predict the future. Pity that failed them when their original club went bust.

kaimendhibs
31-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Embarrasing and utterly shameless from Sevco again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
31-08-2016, 05:11 PM
It's clear from their last line they are backing the brave hoards as all they were doing was protecting the players. An inconvenient truth that there were Fans of The Der H on the trackside 11 seconds after the Hibs fans. So apart from brave it also means they are able to predict the future. Pity that failed them when their original club went bust.
I'm actually quite enjoying watching them huffing and puffing in an attempt to deflect from their defeat and the actions of the losing fans that day.

Most fans of clubs other than the the's can see their bluster for what it is. Struggling to get their own way.

Broken Gnome
31-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Endorsing anger.

How responsible.

I know it's quite common to knock off various Traynor/Level 5 comments without knowing the full story behind who they are, what their involvement is with Rangers and why they're involved. Don't have a scoob personally aside from the Celtic-orientated blogs that get referenced here.

Is it Traynor that composes these statements? Since when did that become their house style? Even when they were going down the pan, I can't recall their official website being quite so rabid and foaming at the mouth.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Coming up on Sportsound right now. Wonder what their take will be.

givescotlandfreedom
31-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Doesn't this go to show what a crock of guff they were spouting about on Scotland's Game about them moving on from their poisonous past? Utter utter lowlife.

Aldo
31-08-2016, 05:36 PM

They will back what Newco are saying and that they can't believe that this is the outcome.

Won't listen to it and haven't listened to them in a very long time.

Their anti Hibs Agenda shall continue!!

Any updates would be very much appreciated!

Gmack7
31-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Sounds like they Are still letting some knuckle dragging pish stained bevvied bigot release club statements

007 Mickey Weir
31-08-2016, 05:45 PM
All going with the line of it was Hibs fans mainly at fault. Running on pitch. Running towards rangers fans. Attacking several players. We need to contact them to stop this misleading rubbish.

We are not innocent but no proof of 'several' players being attacked

Aldo
31-08-2016, 05:49 PM
All going with the line of it was Hibs fans mainly at fault. Running on pitch. Running towards rangers fans. Attacking several players. We need to contact them to stop this misleading rubbish. We are not innocent but no proof of 'several' players being attacked

On your update I have tweeted BBC Sportsound. Will see what response, if any, I get!

green day
31-08-2016, 05:49 PM
All going with the line of it was Hibs fans mainly at fault. Running on pitch. Running towards rangers fans. Attacking several players. We need to contact them to stop this misleading rubbish.

We are not innocent but no proof of 'several' players being attacked

Lucky it's not sportsound doing the hearing then!

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 05:50 PM
They will back what Newco are saying and that they can't believe that this is the outcome.

You got it, spot on.

All Hibs fans' fault and apparently lives were in danger 'cause of us.

Suppose the good thing about them releasing all these statements is that eventually they will have to come up with evidence. Police investigation will reveal that no players were actually assaulted and that their statements are lies.

As per the other thread I hope the Hibs board and lawyers are all over this latest statement and come out fighting our corner as much as the Rangers board is for their fans.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2016, 05:51 PM

You'll only get the updates people you want to hear. The amount of misquotes, taken out of context statements and made up stuff posted about the BBC on here is incredible.

Aldo
31-08-2016, 05:53 PM
You'll only get the updates people you want to hear. The amount of misquotes, taken out of context statements and made up stuff posted about the BBC on here is incredible.

Well if you fancy providing quality, assured and proper quotes then you've got the job DH!! ;-)

SunshineOnLeith
31-08-2016, 05:55 PM
The Rangers' Club Statements are the best thing on the Internet.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 05:56 PM
^^ I'd usually agree with you but in this case Graham Speirs and Derek Ferguson were quite clear that it was our fault and that Rangers and their fans are entitled to feel enraged.

Wasn't pleasant listening and their was no one to offer an alternate view.

Questions like 'are rangers right to be raging about this" are leading.

They never mention the actual facts, just Rangers version of events.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2016, 05:56 PM
You got it, spot on.

All Hibs fans' fault and apparently lives were in danger 'cause of us.

Suppose the good thing about them releasing all these statements is that eventually they will have to come up with evidence. Police investigation will reveal that no players were actually assaulted and that their statements are lies.

As per the other thread I hope the Hibs board and lawyers are all over this latest statement and come out fighting our corner as much as the Rangers board is for their fans.

Dempster will rip them a new ******** when everyone gets round the table, there's more holes in their statements than my mother's colendar.

Every rant they have is ammunition for us.

Andy74
31-08-2016, 06:02 PM
^^ I'd usually agree with you but in this case Graham Speirs and Derek Ferguson were quite clear that it was our fault and that Rangers and their fans are entitled to feel enraged.

Wasn't pleasant listening and their was no one to offer an alternate view.

Questions like 'are rangers right to be raging about this" are leading.

They never mention the actual facts, just Rangers version of events.

We've pretty much already lost the battle on this one. We might stand a small chance of minimising our fine by staying quiet but we have allowed the club and its fans to be pretty badly represented for over 3 months now. That sticks and isn't going to change now.

Danderhall Hibs
Well if you fancy providing quality, assured and proper quotes then you've got the job DH!! ;-)

I'll listen to the podcast later and will correct all the inaccuracies that are posted. :wink:

grunt
I think what is putting folk in defensive mode ...

Great post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aldo
31-08-2016, 06:04 PM
I'll listen to the podcast later and will correct all the inaccuracies that are posted. :wink:

Sorted!

I have no doubt it will be clear concise and not bias in anyway shape or form. Cheers DH :-)

Spike Mandela
31-08-2016, 06:06 PM
If Hibs are unfairly treated in these punishments hopefully Petrie won't sit back and protect his SFA ambitions but goes to town on the SFA.

He knows where the bodies are buried regarding Sevco, SFA, Campbell Ogilvie, liquidation, 5 way agreement, Lord Nimmo Smith, EBT's are buried.

SunshineOnLeith
31-08-2016, 06:14 PM
We've pretty much already lost the battle on this one. We might stand a small chance of minimising our fine by staying quiet but we have allowed the club and its fans to be pretty badly represented for over 3 months now. That sticks and isn't going to change now.

What exactly have we 'lost'?

Every fan of anyone other than The Rangers is creasing themselves laughing at them.

The Sheriff Principal's report was pretty balanced.

We've both been charged with breaking stuff, which is hard to complain about really.

Lester B
31-08-2016, 06:29 PM

Seriously?

Boils down to one question: Who do you think is more intelligent and astute? Traynor or Dempster?

Andy74
31-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Seriously?

Boils down to one question: Who do you think is more intelligent and astute? Traynor or Dempster?

We are dealing with general public perception on what happened. The BBC discussion illustrates that it's not limited to the Daily Record.

It doesn't really matter who is more intelligent it's what message has landed generally. We are doing pretty badly on that front.

If talking about the official stuff I'm sure we will do bit too badly but there's more to it than that and I don't think the lack of response from Hibs has been good for the reputation of our fans.

Lester B
31-08-2016, 06:41 PM
We are dealing with general public perception on what happened. The BBC discussion illustrates that it's not limited to the Daily Record.

It doesn't really matter who is more intelligent it's what message has landed generally. We are doing pretty badly on that front.

If talking about the official stuff I'm sure we will do bit too badly but there's more to it than that and I don't think the lack of response from Hibs has been good for the reputation of our fans.

So what should the response from the club have been and what should it be now?

bingo70
31-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Seriously?

Don't see what difference that makes?

I agree with Andy, I got the whole dignified silence for a while but there has to come a point we defend ourselves a bit. Even a reference to Scott Allan being 'attacked' with missiles when trying to take a corner the other season might go some way to putting them in their box.

I feel pretty sure that most people agreeing with Hibs silence would be on here praising LD if we released a statement tomorrow going on the attack finally defending the club.

scoopyboy
31-08-2016, 06:44 PM

Do you not think the general public realise what happened Andy?

Andy74
31-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Do you not think the general public realise what happened Andy?

Not really, no.

green day
31-08-2016, 06:45 PM
reputation of our fans.

Afraid that was gubbed in the eyes of joe public from day 1 due to the blanket coverage of police horses in a line across Hampden - and there is no point in us trying to "win the battle" there regardless of the truths that we know - it just feeds the media trolls.

As has been stated upthread, all other teams fans know the Huns and the Record are making left breasts of themselves - and even Jambos have said to me that Hibs are playing this one dead right.

We need to trust the board and our lawyers - whatever financial skelping we get.

scoopyboy
31-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Not really, no.

Seriously?

Skol
31-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Tin hat time

The bottom line is that (some of) the fans have brought this on the club by their actions. If everyone had stayed in the stands we would not have had the current situation and in fact if there was any disorder it may have been from the raging huns. By invading the pitch we gave them an excuse, a way out. While their statements are ridiculous, they can be portrayed as accurate and only those of us there really know the truth of the situation

While in the main the pitch invasion was down to the joy of the moment, as soon as I saw it starting I knew we would have fall out to deal with.

Bottom line is that Hibs fans did cause substantial damage. Some hibs fans did goad rangers fans and some did jostle and noise up rangers players and officials. Others engaged in handnags with rangers fans. None of that is acceptable.

The rangers fans also caused damage and set about HIbs fans. This was equally unacceptable, but if Hibs fans hadnt been there then the current situation would not exist.

bingo70
31-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Seriously?

Why would they?

The media including the BBC, daily record and familiar pundits are all saying multiple Rangers were attacked, why would somebody truly impartial not believe that when nobody, including the club are saying any different?!

Lester B
31-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Don't see what difference that makes?

I agree with Andy, I got the whole dignified silence for a while but there has to come a point we defend ourselves a bit. Even a reference to Scott Allan being 'attacked' with missiles when trying to take a corner the other season might go some way to putting them in their box.

I feel pretty sure that most people agreeing with Hibs silence would be on here praising LD if we released a statement tomorrow going on the attack finally defending the club.

You don't see what difference it makes?

You're pretty sure that those of us who agree with the silence would praise the club if they broke that silence. Not getting that at all.

Rangers are seeking to deflect and to shore up the victim mentality they have had since they were obliterated and came back as Zombies. What they are doing is newsworthy and quotable but ultimately empty.

I genuinely think Hibs are playing this the right way.

Jonnyboy
31-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm actually quite enjoying watching them huffing and puffing in an attempt to deflect from their defeat and the actions of the losing fans that day.

Most fans of clubs other than the the's can see their bluster for what it is. Struggling to get their own way.

Me too. I'm glad Hibs are keeping their powder dry. As Napoleon Bonaparte said "Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" :wink:

Col2
31-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Richard Wilson journalist and regularly on Sportsound has tweeted a summary of his views and is far more balanced. Makes it clear no evidence to date of player attacks.

southsider
31-08-2016, 06:52 PM

Who cares wot Spiers/Ferguson & the BBC say/think. We know the truth & WE WON THE CUP !

Lester B
31-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Me too. I'm glad Hibs are keeping their powder dry. As Napoleon Bonaparte said "Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" :wink:

This. Definitely this!!

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Having listened to the broadcast it didn't come as a great surprise to find it was entirely one-sided and biased towards the Huns. Derek Ferguson started banging on about how pitch invasions can kill people yet it only seems it is the one that Hibernian did after the historic cup win that these so called pundits start procrastinating about how it could cost lives. There have been umpteen recent ones and I must have missed Hun Derek F talking about costing lives of these ones.

It could be the Hun hordes were treated to this James Traynoresque press release which was done today to deflect from the fact the Huns are not signing players for big money on transfer deadline day. Senderos has been hanging around them for months so it is no surprise he has signed up. The Huns are playing mind games with their easily distracted neanderthals imo.

As for Hibernian's silence on the matter it is a dignified one.

GGTTH

scoopyboy
31-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Why would they?

The media including the BBC, daily record and familiar pundits are all saying multiple Rangers were attacked, why would somebody truly impartial not believe that when nobody, including the club are saying any different?!

I have been plenty of places since the 21st of May and haven't heard anybody say that what about Hibs attacking Rangers players etc, etc because everybody realises it didn't happen anywhere near as bad as is being made out.

Anybody and everybody that matters in this saga knows full well what happened.

Rangers have went full on with the press, tv etc and basically have become a laughing stock with their nonsense.

Hibs have quite correctly kept a low profile as they realise that we are not squeeky clean in and by getting involved in mud slinging it will only make matters worse.

In the last couple of hours Rangers say they can't understand why they are being charged, would you want Hibs to look stupid.

Let Rangers make all the noises, they are doing our job for us.

givescotlandfreedom
31-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Tin hat time

The bottom line is that (some of) the fans have brought this on the club by their actions. If everyone had stayed in the stands we would not have had the current situation and in fact if there was any disorder it may have been from the raging huns. By invading the pitch we gave them an excuse, a way out. While their statements are ridiculous, they can be portrayed as accurate and only those of us there really know the truth of the situation

While in the main the pitch invasion was down to the joy of the moment, as soon as I saw it starting I knew we would have fall out to deal with.

Bottom line is that Hibs fans did cause substantial damage. Some hibs fans did goad rangers fans and some did jostle and noise up rangers players and officials. Others engaged in handnags with rangers fans. None of that is acceptable.

The rangers fans also caused damage and set about HIbs fans. This was equally unacceptable, but if Hibs fans hadnt been there then the current situation would not exist.

You're right. If people had stayed in the stands aa they know they should have we and the club wouldn't be facing this headache now.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Richard Wilson journalist and regularly on Sportsound has tweeted a summary of his views and is far more balanced. Makes it clear no evidence to date of player attacks.

...except for the 2 (3?) that have already been charged by the Polis. :greengrin

Aldo
31-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Tin hat time The bottom line is that (some of) the fans have brought this on the club by their actions. If everyone had stayed in the stands we would not have had the current situation and in fact if there was any disorder it may have been from the raging huns. By invading the pitch we gave them an excuse, a way out. While their statements are ridiculous, they can be portrayed as accurate and only those of us there really know the truth of the situation While in the main the pitch invasion was down to the joy of the moment, as soon as I saw it starting I knew we would have fall out to deal with. Bottom line is that Hibs fans did cause substantial damage. Some hibs fans did goad rangers fans and some did jostle and noise up rangers players and officials. Others engaged in handnags with rangers fans. None of that is acceptable. The rangers fans also caused damage and set about HIbs fans. This was equally unacceptable, but if Hibs fans hadnt been there then the current situation would not exist.

So you think 11 seconds of goading... Yes 11 seconds of goading and provocation caused them to run on. Sorry but that part of your summary is utter rubbish.

However here's one for you.... If the Newco fans had taken the defeat like pretty much every other team and just walked away or even stayed in the stands then it wouldn't have happened.

They are bad winners but worse losers and they've used every excuse to justify there presence on the pitch!

Their 90 minutes of utter bile and sectarianism was far worse than getting the 'come on' and 'middle bar'.

Yeah we shouldn't have been on the pitch but it's like you are making excuses for their behaviour.

Over exuberance I tell ye!!

brianmc
31-08-2016, 07:07 PM
So you think 11 seconds of goading... Yes 11 seconds of goading and provocation caused them to run on. Sorry but that part of your summary is utter rubbish.

However here's one for you.... If the Newco fans had taken the defeat like pretty much every other team and just walked away or even stayed in the stands then it wouldn't have happened.

They are bad winners but worse losers and they've used every excuse to justify there presence on the pitch!

Their 90 minutes of utter bile and sectarianism was far worse than getting the 'come on' and 'middle bar'.

Yeah we shouldn't have been on the pitch but it's like you are making excuses for their behaviour.

They don't do walking away ;-)

*Unless it's from paying their dEBTs, obviously.

scoopyboy
31-08-2016, 07:09 PM

Where are you getting 11 seconds from Aldo?

I have seen videos on you tube where Hibs fans were giving them it tight for a helluva lot longer than 11 seconds.

I agree that virtually every other team in the country wouldn't have reacted the way they did and just departed peacefully.

A thing I thought of the other day was if Hibs were leading 2-1 against Rangers with 11 minutes to go and they won 3-2 and invaded the pitch and goaded us I'm pretty sure some Hibs fans would have went on as well. Just saying likes.:greengrin

WWFTWTG
31-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Can someone tell me what is being done to address the blatant sectarianism including singing their vile party songs clearly picked up and broadcast at the cup final?

I understood that The Rangers had been warned previous to the final about these unacceptable antics and would face serious consequences should there be any repeat.

CB_NO3
31-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Tin hat time

This post is about 3 months out of date. We all know what happened.

makaveli1875
31-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Can someone tell me what is being done to address the blatant sectarianism including singing their vile party songs clearly picked up and broadcast at the cup final?

I understood that The Rangers had been warned previous to the final about these unacceptable antics and would face serious consequences should there be any repeat.

sectarian singing is tolerated in glasgow , goading however is strictly prohibited

Aldo
31-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Where are you getting 11 seconds from Aldo? I have seen videos on you tube where Hibs fans were giving them it tight for a helluva lot longer than 11 seconds. I agree that virtually every other team in the country wouldn't have reacted the way they did and just departed peacefully. A thing I thought of the other day was if Hibs were leading 2-1 against Rangers with 11 minutes to go and they won 3-2 and invaded the pitch and goaded us I'm pretty sure some Hibs fans would have went on as well. Just saying likes.:greengrin

Scoops I read that it took the Newco fans 11 seconds to enter the field of play!! Now I have tried to find this and for some reason now cannot find it. I wouldn't have posted that had I not read it. That number sticks in my mind! I shall however continue my search!

Agree regarding the last bit! The straw that broke the camels back and all that!

Skol
31-08-2016, 07:16 PM

I didnt say that at all. What I said is that no Hibs fans should have been on the pitch. What I was saying was the opposite of your 2nd point. Ifwe had celebrated our victory in the stands, then we wouldnt be where we are.

I am not excusing their behavious, its dreadful but Hibs fans shopuld not have been where they are.

Two wrongs dont make a right

Benny Brazil
31-08-2016, 07:16 PM

I have seen videos on you tube where Hibs fans were giving them it tight for a helluva lot longer than 11 seconds.

I agree that virtually every other team in the country wouldn't have reacted the way they did and just departed peacefully.

A thing I thought of the other day was if Hibs were leading 2-1 against Rangers with 11 minutes to go and they won 3-2 and invaded the pitch and goaded us I'm pretty sure some Hibs fans would have went on as well. Just saying likes.:greengrin

Good point scoops - not sure how I would have reacted to having hundreds of Huns standing in front of me celebrating and goading the Hibs fans

Frogga
31-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Rangers - Scotland's embarrassment since 2012.

WWFTWTG
31-08-2016, 07:20 PM
sectarian singing is tolerated in glasgow , goading however is strictly prohibited

UEFA action?

Bostonhibby
31-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Scoops I read that it took the Newco fans 11 seconds to enter the field of play!! Now I have tried to find this and for some reason now cannot find it. I wouldn't have posted that had I not read it. That number sticks in my mind! I shall however continue my search!

Agree regarding the last bit! The straw that broke the camels back and all that!

It was about the time of the independent enquiry report, I read it somewhere around that time.

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2016, 07:22 PM
The 11 seconds was in the timeline of events in that big report that was done I think. If it wasn't that it was the Guardian or Telegraph that gave a comprehensive breakdown minute by minute.

No chance Hibs fans would have invaded the pitch if the roles were reversed.

Aldo
31-08-2016, 07:23 PM
I didnt say that at all. What I said is that no Hibs fans should have been on the pitch. What I was saying was the opposite of your 2nd point. Ifwe had celebrated our victory in the stands, then we wouldnt be where we are. I am not excusing their behavious, its dreadful but Hibs fans shopuld not have been where they are. Two wrongs dont make a right

We know that but we did. My point is if Newco had stayed in the stands then It's us that get it. Any excuse to get at us then Newco are producing statements portraying then as the victims.

Your point about their statements being ridiculous but accurate I don't get.

WHAM
31-08-2016, 07:24 PM

I think he is referring to the independent inquiry report that was published Scoop.

It stated that it took approx 11 secs from when the Hibs fans on the pitch at the far side started goading for the first Rangers fans to reach the field of play.

Hardly the prolonged and severe provocation that the Huns are peddling.

Aldo
31-08-2016, 07:24 PM
It was about the time of the independent enquiry report, I read it somewhere around that time.

Still cannot find it but I knew I had read it somewhere.

The 11 seconds was in the timeline of events in that big report that was done I think. If it wasn't that it was the Guardian or Telegraph that gave a comprehensive breakdown minute by minute. No chance Hibs fans would have invaded the pitch if the roles were reversed.

Thanks

Glory Lurker
31-08-2016, 07:35 PM
I wonder where the Orcs see this ending up?

They are obviously entitled to contest the charge against them, but they can't do anything about what we are charged with. They know that. Today's statement is just another fart in the fog, like all the rest, designed to play to their hordes. It is so spectacularly stupid, though. Things will run their course and the punishments will be doled out in a few weeks, and all the nonsense they are greeting about just now won't be any part of that. Then what? Either that's they accept that and look like the clowns they are (even if they accept it grudgingly), or they keep going on about it for no reason other than to stoke (further) resentment but towards no end. I can't see that being tolerated by the authorities for too long (no, I don't think that's naive).

All of this makes Hibs' approach absolutely the way to go. We've got the brains here.

w pilton hibby
31-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Not really, no.

Do you really think the general public give a damn about the whole carry on?

grunt
31-08-2016, 07:38 PM
http://thecelticblog.com/2016/08/blogs/how-long-is-the-gutless-sfa-going-to-allow-sevco-to-lie-over-what-happened-at-hampden/

View from Celtic bloggers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Yeah it really is time we released some kind of statement in defence of our fans. We are being trashed all over the place by the weedgie media and it's time we spoke out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

w pilton hibby
31-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Why would they?

Rangers players were assaulted. Throwing a punch even though it doesn't connect is an assault in the eyes of the law.

JimBHibees
31-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Rangers players were assaulted. Throwing a punch even though it doesn't connect is an assault in the eyes of the law.

Player.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Yeah it really is time we released some kind of statement in defence of our fans. We are being trashed all over the place by the weedgie media and it's time we spoke out

See the email response from LD on that subject on the other thread.

Our time will come. (which expression will wind the Orcs up even more... :greengrin)

w pilton hibby
31-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Player.

Same guy that threw the punch at Wallace (and missed) is also charged with assault on Holt.

Players 😀

Aldo
31-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Yeah but the DR and Sportsound reported that ALL Newco players were assaulted which was a complete lie.

I can guarantee you that a handful of Hibs fans will be found guilty of these alleged offences and that's if your lucky. 1 has admitted bundling it barging into Foderingham and shouting something.

IIRC Newco reported that their players required Hospital treatment!! Mmmmm

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2016, 07:49 PM
See the email response from LD on that subject on the other thread.

Our time will come. (which expression will wind the Orcs up even more... :greengrin)
I kno mate and I trust Dempster but it just feels like they are trashing us all over the place without reply at the moment. As you say be patient our day will hopefully come soon