PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh City

Lancs Harp
30-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Did I imagine it or did someone recently post that Hibs/Hearts season ticket holders got some sort of deal at ECFC? Got a free Saturday afternoon in Reekie now on October 1st and they are at home. Its either that, hammer the liver or take the energetic option up arthurs seat (which I haven't done since I was 14)

tanfield
30-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Did I imagine it or did someone recently post that Hibs/Hearts season ticket holders got some sort of deal at ECFC? Got a free Saturday afternoon in Reekie now on October 1st and they are at home. Its either that, hammer the liver or take the energetic option up arthurs seat (which I haven't done since I was 14)

Half price admission for Hibs and Hearts season ticket holders

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 02:14 PM

As tanfield says we get half price entry. You can always go up Arthur seat, go to the city game then hammer the liver :greengrin

Lancs Harp
30-08-2016, 02:17 PM
As tanfield says we get half price entry. You can always go up Arthur seat, go to the city game then hammer the liver :greengrin

That's a very strong possibility HC. Thanks for the replies fellas http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

southsider
30-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Half price admission for Hibs and Hearts season ticket holders
Amber Rose at West End do fish n chips and pint of ur choice for £6.99 and watch results on SSN. Sorted

Dunbar Hibee
30-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Amber Rose at West End do fish n chips and pint of ur choice for £6.99 and watch results on SSN. Sorted

Really? That's class. Is that just a Saturday thing or?

lord bunberry
30-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I went into the Edinburgh City club after the game against Dunfermline as behind the goals was closed. It was perfect as I had the bairn with me. I had a couple of pints while I waited for the Mrs to pick me up. It had a juke box, a pool table and I got forms to join for the year. £20 for a year and you get a discount on the drink.

Lancs Harp
30-08-2016, 02:24 PM
I wonder how well the Hibs/Hearts offer went down with the City diehards? Can understand the club trying to entice a wider support but there must be a little resentment from their loyal few who presumably have to pay full wack.

Geo_1875
30-08-2016, 02:42 PM
I wonder how well the Hibs/Hearts offer went down with the City diehards? Can understand the club trying to entice a wider support but there must be a little resentment from their loyal few who presumably have to pay full wack.

I think most of their regulars get a very good deal on season tickets so don't lose out to any part-timers who go along.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-08-2016, 02:54 PM

Not meaning to be cheeky, bit is there such a thing?

delthehibee
30-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Also people who work with Edinburgh Council just take your Council pass along Gary's Jardine is my Boss :agree:

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 03:03 PM
An evil man attempted an Edinburgh City FC once. Think i'll be staying well clear of them.

Speedy
30-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Really? That's class. Is that just a Saturday thing or?

They also do cookie pizzas

Mikey
30-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Take a carry out and a pair of binoculars up Arthurs Seat and you can hammer the liver and watch the game at the same time :wink:

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 05:46 PM
An evil man attempted an Edinburgh City FC once. Think i'll be staying well clear of them.

You're comparing the entity that Wallet Mercenary proposed with Edinburgh City FC??

How odd.

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 06:02 PM
You're comparing the entity that Wallet Mercenary proposed with Edinburgh City FC??

How odd.

Offering incentives to Hibs fans and Hearts fans. I would far rather watch Hibs every time.

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Offering incentives to Hibs fans and Hearts fans. I would far rather watch Hibs every time.

Ah yes, a few quid off for ST holders is roughly equivalent to a hostile takeover right enough.

For some folk, when Hibs are away and they can't make the trip, Edinburgh City for a few quid might be a tempting option. They're certainly the most local team for me, were I still living at home in EDI.

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Ah yes, a few quid off for ST holders is roughly equivalent to a hostile takeover right enough.

For some folk, when Hibs are away and they can't make the trip, Edinburgh City for a few quid might be a tempting option. They're certainly the most local team for me, were I still living at home in EDI.

Fair enough. It just isn't for me personally. A united Edinburgh football club growing in popularity gives me chills tbh. But each to his own.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Edinburgh City were already in existence back then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Edinburgh City were already in existence back then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm aware of that. I've just seen more and more talk about them recently. Again, each to their own. It's just no something I could ever get into.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 06:12 PM

Even this Saturday when Hibs are not playing? :confused:. I think it's a great gesture from the club to generate some much needed extra revenue.

tamig
30-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm aware of that. I've just seen more and more talk about them recently. Again, each to their own. It's just no something I could ever get into.

That would be because they've gained promotion to the SPFL and are trying to get a few extra quid in off the back of it. Don't think they hold any sinister intentions.

heretoday
30-08-2016, 07:19 PM
I know which one your liver would prefer.

BullsCloseHibs
30-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Bout time they started picking up the odd point or two. ...

SunshineOnLeith
31-08-2016, 06:57 AM
That would be because they've gained promotion to the SPFL and are trying to get a few extra quid in off the back of it. Don't think they hold any sinister intentions.

Hush you.

It gives me the chills, I tell you. The chills! They're coming for us!

oconnors_strip
31-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Think it's a brilliant deal from city, also get the chance to see 2 hibs players who are on loan there. Dunsmore and porteous 👍🏻

jacomo
31-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Fair enough. It just isn't for me personally. A united Edinburgh football club growing in popularity gives me chills tbh. But each to his own.

It's more like Partick compared to the Old Firm is it not?

The only way Edinburgh City will become a threat to Hibs is if loads of Jambos desert their maroon midden and start supporting them instead.

Which might not be a bad idea. And would leave Hibs with one big city rival, same as it ever was.

EDIT: just looked at ECFC's website - apparently when they formed in 1928 they wanted to be Edinburgh's equivalent of Queen's Park.