PDA

View Full Version : Jack Wilshere Can Leave Arsenal On Loan

LustForLeith
30-08-2016, 11:34 AM
...c'mon Hibs. Sort it out!

Only joking, think it's strange though that a team struggling for quality will let Wilshere leave on loan.

I know he has his injury problems but for me he's one of the best English players around just now. When fit.

I'd take him at Hibs in a minute!

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Lets sell Cummings and get Wilshere!!!

Or does that only work for a Hendo transfer?

DarrenSQH
30-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Wouldnt get a game because of Super John McGinn.

Winston Ingram
30-08-2016, 11:41 AM
We do need cover for McGinn :hmmm:

Stevie Reid
30-08-2016, 11:43 AM

Only joking, think it's strange though that a team struggling for quality will let Wilshere leave on loan.

I know he has his injury problems but for me he's one of the best English players around just now. When fit.

His (perceived) quality is almost immaterial given how little he is fit - he is 24 and has only started 80 EPL games for Arsenal (he made is debut eight years ago). Doesn't seem to look after himself very well either.

worcesterhibby
30-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I've always thought he was very overrated...if he was any nationality but English...he would get very little attention. Guys like Carzola are miles ahead of him and manage to play more than 3 games in a row.

Haymaker
30-08-2016, 11:45 AM

When fit is crucial there.

J-C
30-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Constantly injured, smokes like a chimney and likes a bevvy, Wenger has given him every opportunity to get it all together but his patience has been stretched to the limit with Wiltshere.

Baader
30-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Hes a player alright but too injury prone. You'd be lucky to get 20 games a season out of him. Bit of an idiot off the pitch too...

Stevie Reid
30-08-2016, 11:52 AM
I believe he is nicknamed Jack Wheelchair.

lucky
30-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I started a similar debate about DM and very few thought I was right. But it looks like Arsenal have had enough and he now has to prove his fitness away from them.

CB_NO3
30-08-2016, 12:20 PM
We could sign him to give Mcgeouch some company on the treatment table.

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I started a similar debate about DM and very few thought I was right. But it looks like Arsenal have had enough and he now has to prove his fitness away from them.

Wilshere played about 2 games or Arsenal the whole of last season and was out for a substantial chunk of the season before not exactly the same.

nellio
30-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Great player but completely made of glass that lad.

Michael
30-08-2016, 12:45 PM
He'd be up there with Scholes and Lampard if he could keep fit. He'll be on a big wage though so not surprising they want to offload him.

easty
30-08-2016, 12:47 PM
He'd be up there with Scholes and Lampard if he could keep fit. He'll be on a big wage though so not surprising they want to offload him.

Not a chance he would. He's miles off those players level.

LancsHibs
30-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Sure I have read somewhere that he has a soft spot for the Hibees, had a Hibs top as s kid or something? Scottish relatives I think?? Anybody heard similar?

GreenLake
30-08-2016, 01:47 PM
He saw my Hibs top recently.

https://vimeo.com/180734337

jacomo
30-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Constantly injured, smokes like a chimney and likes a bevvy, Wenger has given him every opportunity to get it all together but his patience has been stretched to the limit with Wiltshere.

His lifestyle choices certainly can't help his fitness levels.

I'm surprised Arsenal are letting him out on loan though.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Not for me, injured on a Farid / Clancy scale and smokes like Colin Nish :wink:

Bell - end as well.

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Jack Wheelchair is an erse and needs to sort himself out soon.

ekhibee
30-08-2016, 02:48 PM
I've always thought he was very overrated...if he was any nationality but English...he would get very little attention. Guys like Carzola are miles ahead of him and manage to play more than 3 games in a row.
Cazorla missed over half of last season with injury. All about opinions I suppose, I think Cazorla is overrated as well. He's a bit like Coutinho of Liverpool, plays well against middle to bottom premiership teams but against the top teams he's shown up.

ekhibee
30-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Sure I have read somewhere that he has a soft spot for the Hibees, had a Hibs top as s kid or something? Scottish relatives I think?? Anybody heard similar?
Yep, I heard that one of his parents is Scottish or maybe grandparents? Can't find anything to confirm that though.

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Cazorla missed over half of last season with injury. All about opinions I suppose, I think Cazorla is overrated as well. He's a bit like Coutinho of Liverpool, plays well against middle to bottom premiership teams but against the top teams he's shown up.

Eh your having a laugh,Coutinho is in a different class and performs against the top teams too.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Eh your having a laugh,Coutinho is in a different class and performs against the top teams too.

:agree: He'd get a game for Hibs ahead of Wilshere no problem. Wonderful football player.

HappyHanlon
30-08-2016, 03:12 PM
He'll take over Gazza's mantle in the next 15-20 years.

Shame cause he's a pretty decent player when fit - mind you, the same could be said about Gazza.

Ryan69
30-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Like most of the young English players....extremely over-rated.

Whats he ever actually done?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Like most of the young English players....extremely over-rated.

Whats he ever actually done?

Back to back FA cups, numerous england caps, regular performances in champs league.

I think its fair to say he is not like many young english players at all

Time For Heroes
30-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Good player but has legs made of weetabix

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 04:56 PM
If Ramsey was ever fit enough to play in Scotland, he'd be the best player up there by a mile, in fact no by 5 or 6 miles.

3pm
30-08-2016, 04:56 PM
I remember the English press asking Guardiola, who was Barca gaffer at the time, about Wilshere. Basically trying to get him to talk Wilshire up.

Guardiola told them that Barca had players like him in their reserve team. Never went down well.

Thecat23
30-08-2016, 06:01 PM
I think he's very average at best.

McD
30-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Overrated, he's like the emperors new clothes.

He's made out of glass, has a really arrogant attitude given how little he's actually achieved. The trophies arsenal have won haven't been because of his ability or influence. If he was French or Italian or Scottish, he'd hardly be mentioned. The English media talk him because he's English. 10 years ago he'd be the equivalent of Joey Barton, getting a couple of caps behind gerrard, lampard, but never anywhere near being first choice. With no one of that quality around now, the press are desperate for him to be the standard bearer, begging Hodgson to take him to the euros when he's barely kicked a ball. If he was at a slightly lower club than arsenal, he'd barely get a look in for England. Danny drinkwater has won the league, yet is seen as an England outsider, in the squad but not regularly match day stripped.

JW is a better version of Ray parlour, a decent player who gets picked for England because of the club he's at.

All imho

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2016, 06:13 PM
I remember the English press asking Guardiola, who was Barca gaffer at the time, about Wilshere. Basically trying to get him to talk Wilshire up.

Guardiola told them that Barca had players like him in their reserve team. Never went down well.

"Wilshere is a top player. He is an excellent player, not just Arsenal, but also for the national team. [But] he is lucky because we have many players in the second team like him but he plays because there is no pressure at his club to win titles."

The actual quote, not quite what you said is it?

I wonder how many people saying he is overrated actually watched him when he was playing. He is a very talented player.

Chip shop Joe
30-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Wiltshire is an outstanding player when fit, which is rarely and that is the big problem that no one can get away from but when fit he is miles better than any other English midfielder (granted not saying much with the current crop). Sure he was man of the match in every single English qualifying game so tells you the boy is class when he is able to play!

I think Guardiola was at the wind up and I pretty sure Xavi who knows a thing or two about midfielders said that even despite his injuries Wiltshire could still be one of the best in the world.

Fergus52
30-08-2016, 06:28 PM
When Xavi rates you as one of the best midfielders he's played against you must be doing something right.

3pm
30-08-2016, 06:31 PM
"Wilshere is a top player. He is an excellent player, not just Arsenal, but also for the national team. [But] he is lucky because we have many players in the second team like him but he plays because there is no pressure at his club to win titles."

I wonder how many people saying he is overrated actually watched him when he was playing. He is a very talented player.

Eh, it is.

Iain G
30-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Wiltshire is an outstanding player when fit, which is rarely and that is the big problem that no one can get away from but when fit he is miles better than any other English midfielder (granted not saying much with the current crop). Sure he was man of the match in every single English qualifying game so tells you the boy is class when he is able to play!

I think Guardiola was at the wind up and I pretty sure Xavi who knows a thing or two about midfielders said that even despite his injuries Wiltshire could still be one of the best in the world.

He was pish at the Euros ;-)

Seriously if he was a good as you say why are Arsenal offloading him?!?

Chip shop Joe
30-08-2016, 06:43 PM
He was pish at the Euros ;-)

Seriously if he was a good as you say why are Arsenal offloading him?!?

The fact he went to the Euros after playing for about 20mins tells you something. He wasn't fit.

Thought it was pretty obvious why they are putting him out on loan which is hugely different from offloading him btw and that is to get him fit as Wenger has obviously got tired of his injuries.

This does not detract from his quality only his fitness. If Wiltshire has ever been a sub when fully fit I would be very surprised, which again tells s story.

Haymaker
30-08-2016, 07:42 PM
JW was a very good young talent when he started. His injuries and lifestyle have hampered his development massively and unless he starts playing regularly in a team he will go down as a "what if?" Player.

Allant1981
30-08-2016, 07:46 PM

How is that any different to what the other poster said?

Iain G
30-08-2016, 07:52 PM
The fact he went to the Euros after playing for about 20mins tells you something. He wasn't fit.

Thought it was pretty obvious why they are putting him out on loan which is hugely different from offloading him btw and that is to get him fit as Wenger has obviously got tired of his injuries.

This does not detract from his quality only his fitness. If Wiltshire has ever been a sub when fully fit I would be very surprised, which again tells s story.

So surplus to requirements in Wengers view it seems

Chip shop Joe
30-08-2016, 07:57 PM
So surplus to requirements in Wengers view it seems

Again that would be a sale not a loan!

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2016, 08:10 PM
How is that any different to what the other poster said?Because Pep actually said Wilshere is a top player and complimented him, he did say he is nothing special like the OP suggested. The idea that Barcelona had loads of players as good as Wilshere in the reserve team at the time is rubbish, only Thiago is anywhere near Wilshere from their academy at the time.

Wilshere was exceptional in that game and won MOTM against Xavi and Iniesta. Injuries have stopped him from becoming a very good player.

ancient hibee
30-08-2016, 08:56 PM

Heard he'd been to Porty for his hols.Thought it was like Florida.