PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TV FIXTURE CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
30-08-2016, 10:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6755)

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 10:24 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6755)

God damn it, if it had been perhaps a 14h00 kick-off I'd have had a chance of making it. Up north near Pitlochry for a stag that weekend and I strongly doubt the driver of my lift home, who's a fine chap but a Hun, will fancy a 9am departure time

Cocaine&Caviar
30-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Pain in the arse, had a friend already book the Saturday to come over from Ireland for the Saturday game.

hibbysam
30-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Just as I thought we had evaded TV for a year and was starting to enjoy some 3pm Saturday kick offs. 12pm on a Sunday is a farce. I'm all for TV showing our games and promoting our game, but we should at least be pushing for decent times. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect the crowd too much.

RoxburghHibs
30-08-2016, 10:38 AM
It is a pain as I doubt I can now make this - so from a selfish point of view it sucks. However Hibs are no doubt getting paid handsomely so totally understandable.

Since90+2
30-08-2016, 10:43 AM
So its been moved to the best and most popular kick off time to the worst. You can knock off a few thousand off the attendance now due to the shan kick off time.

Stevie Reid
30-08-2016, 10:47 AM
TV money will no doubt be decent but was loving the fact that all of our games were supposed to be 3pm on a Sat - as others have said, the attendance (especially the away one) will suffer, as will the atmosphere.

Big_Franck
30-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Sunday 12pm is the worst possible kick-off time of all the ones being currently used. It'll take at least 2-3 thousand off the gate so hopefully we get a payment from Sky for this.

Hopefully we don't have too many other fixtures moved as it ruins what have so far been great Saturday afternoons.

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Sunday 12pm is the worst possible kick-off time of all the ones being currently used. It'll take at least 2-3 thousand off the gate so hopefully we get a payment from Sky for this.

Hopefully we don't have too many other fixtures moved as it ruins what have so far been great Saturday afternoons.

We won't be getting a supplementary compo payment from Sky based on whataboutery re the impact on the attendance.

We'll get the going rate for a televised Scottish Championship game, which is probably about 2 pies and a bottle of Ginger or similar.

Radium
30-08-2016, 10:56 AM
We won't be getting a supplementary compo payment from Sky based on whataboutery re the impact on the attendance.

We'll get the going rate for a televised Scottish Championship game, which is probably about 2 pies and a bottle of Ginger or similar.

... and you don't even get the deposit back on the ginger bottle anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
30-08-2016, 10:58 AM

Does anyone know what that is though? I've seen posters speculate on here previously but i've never seen any links that confirm what we get. It'll no doubt be a pittance considering the muppet with the shan hair that likely negotiated the deal.

lucky
30-08-2016, 10:59 AM
It's a pain but I suspect all 4 games against United will move for TV. At least we've got a months notice

Carheenlea
30-08-2016, 11:05 AM
A large, vocal Hibs support would have been expected at Tannadice for a 3pm Saturday KO. Won't be the case for 12pm Sunday, and as such the new date puts us at a disadvantage.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Thought we didn't have a tv deal with sky

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2016, 11:06 AM
A large, vocal Hibs support would have been expected at Tannadice for a 3pm Saturday KO. Won't be the case for 12pm Sunday, and as such the new date puts us at a disadvantage.
Someone should let them know the game is at Easter Road

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GlesgaeHibby
30-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know what that is though? I've seen posters speculate on here previously but i've never seen any links that confirm what we get. It'll no doubt be a pittance considering the muppet with the shan hair that likely negotiated the deal.

I'm told from a reliable source that it's 2 pies and a bottle of ginger.

hulk
30-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Game is at Easter Road !

3pm
30-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Good news for those watching a lot of the Ryder Cup that weekend.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Why

ajf
30-08-2016, 11:12 AM

Its at Easter rd :aok:

Carheenlea
30-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Someone should let them know the game is at Easter Road

Game is at Easter Road !

:doh:

Dibben
30-08-2016, 11:44 AM

My thoughts exactly!!

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Why

Cos there'll be no clash presumably.

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Thaaaank god ah never booked those flights,:agree::grr:

Golden Bear
30-08-2016, 01:15 PM

From a purely selfish viewpoint, the revised time will avoid a clash with TV coverage of the Ryder Cup.

:aok:

Lancs Harp
30-08-2016, 01:25 PM
I so nearly booked my train tickets yesterday for this game too. I know tv is king but 12 noon on a sunday? Thanks from Hibs fans in Lancashire. I'll still be there though.

killie-hibby
30-08-2016, 02:00 PM

If a cup tie both clubs would recieve a payment from Sky.I believe televised league game payments are pooled and distributed according to league positions at the end of the season. If this still happens,every SPFL club will get a share. Potentially leaving Hibs worse off as the crowd will be lower than an untelevised Saturday 3pm kick off.

Septimus
30-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Thaaaank god ah never booked those flights,:agree::grr:

Just been on the phone to my son in Galway. He is bringing his two sons over for the game and they will be mascots on the day. Kind of thrown a spanner in the works. The flights are already booked.

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 02:05 PM
People were complaining about us not getting any media coverage. Make up your minds ffs! :grr:

supermcginn
30-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Delighted, ryder cup singles starts at 2pm so perfect timing!

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Tv ramming us again, much like this Sunday.

Moulin Yarns
30-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Could have made it with an Arab friend on the Saturday, but already booked for working the Sunday so can't even watch it on the tellybox

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Its pretty ridiculous, 1 month before the game and fans are already out of pocket, there should be at least two months in advance for switches or games that are to be televised, its not rocket science the fixture list is already there. that´s why I cant get back to many games.

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2016, 02:48 PM
People were complaining about us not getting any media coverage. Make up your minds ffs! :grr:

To be fair there were quite a few on that thread saying they were happy with less media coverage if it meant Saturday 3pm kick offs. My beef is that the TV deal is peanuts compared to a league like the Danish one which is in a country of the equivalent size.

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2016, 02:51 PM
I think it's disgusting the club haven't thought about our supporters outside Edinburgh. What do they think we are? A Capital club? Fs.

marinello59
30-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I think it's disgusting the club haven't thought about our supporters outside Edinburgh. What do they think we are? A Capital club? Fs.

Eh?

3pm
30-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Why

The singles start around 4pm. If you like your golf, you'll be back in the house for the start.

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 05:25 PM

You wot??

hfc rd
30-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Ffs! 😠

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 06:06 PM
To be fair there were quite a few on that thread saying they were happy with less media coverage if it meant Saturday 3pm kick offs. My beef is that the TV deal is peanuts compared to a league like the Danish one which is in a country of the equivalent size.

For the record, i'm not happy with it either. :wink:

But there's always people on here who will complain regardless of what happens. I don't think 12pm on a Sunday is much to ask from people who really want to go to the game.

Hibeesforever
30-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Kids football takes priority, so down three fans as a result. Ridiculous kick off time.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 06:23 PM
If Hibs act now they can reduce the prices a bit to ensure a decent crowd for this one.

Itsnoteasy
30-08-2016, 06:44 PM
If Hibs act now they can reduce the prices a bit to ensure a decent crowd for this one.

Reduce the price for walk ups & ST who pay up front get rammed.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 06:45 PM

Rammed? One game, not for the rest of the season. I'm a home and away season ticket holder and I wouldn't mind them reducing the prices for this game to get a decent crowd in.

Eyrie
30-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Rammed? One game, not for the rest of the season. I'm a home and away season ticket holder and I wouldn't mind them reducing the prices for this game to get a decent crowd in.

By how much?

People aren't suddenly going to decide to attend the game because it's £15 rather than £22, they'll make the decision based on the practicalities of a 12 noon kick off and the convenience of being able to watch it at home.

jgl07
30-08-2016, 08:29 PM
There is another thread complaining about the lack of media coverage for Hibs.

Now there is a live match on people are complaining about that.

The media can't win.

H18 SFR
31-08-2016, 09:32 PM

I'm a ST holder and I'd happily see walk up prices reduced to fill the stadium. What we going to lose? £7?

Finn2015
01-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Probably will make the drive now. No trains from Crewe in time and did think about missing it and watching it on tv but not the same as being there and having a nice fish supper afterwards ☺️

andrew70
01-09-2016, 09:51 AM

This! Massive game in the context of our season.

£10 and £5 lets fill the place whether it's on the TV or not.

Yes, I am a season ticket holder also. TV isn't Hibs decision but it is their decision to do the best by the club and reducing prices will undoubtedly increase the home attendance.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2016, 09:52 AM

As a home ST holder, I wouldn't object in the slightest either.

Eyrie
01-09-2016, 07:11 PM
This! Massive game in the context of our season.

£10 and £5 lets fill the place whether it's on the TV or not.

Yes, I am a season ticket holder also. TV isn't Hibs decision but it is their decision to do the best by the club and reducing prices will undoubtedly increase the home attendance.

We could do that for every game :cb

LucanHibs
01-09-2016, 07:28 PM
5 of us from Dublin flying in Saturday morning, luckily booked last flight out Sunday evening :wink: