http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160830/319269356361193b2a224ee9fad12f19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 10:07 AM
What a terrible kick off time.

Albanian Hibs
30-08-2016, 10:08 AM
What a terrible kick off time.

12 noon on a Sunday is crap. Hopefully wont affect the crowd too much.

andrew70
30-08-2016, 10:10 AM
That's horrendous.

Just when we were getting decent attendances they go and move one of the bigger games.

It's up against United v Stoke on TV so god knows why they've done that.

cleanyman
30-08-2016, 10:14 AM
I can't make that

Noooooooo

Off the bar
30-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Ffs I've just booked to come up that weekend and was looking forward to the game I can't make that now. Boooooooooo

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Good money for the club.

As always though, the fans get shat on.

GreenCastle
30-08-2016, 10:17 AM
That is crap...can't make it now.

Was really looking forward to this one also!

Saturday 3pm and we would have possibly had a full house - now...not quite sure..

PPZPOL
I CAN make it now - YAAAAAY!

CapitalGreen
There's the media coverage folk were moaning about not getting.

steve75
30-08-2016, 10:25 AM
For folk saying this will ruin any chance of a good crowd, I'm pretty sure Petrie came out a few years ago and said the club found that moving games to undesirable KO times had virtually no affect on attendances.

That being said, 12 on a Sunday is awful.

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 10:26 AM
For folk saying this will ruin any chance of a good crowd, I'm pretty sure Petrie came out a few years ago and said the club found that moving games to undesirable KO times had virtually no affect on attendances.

Find that hard to believe.

Billychaotic182
30-08-2016, 10:27 AM
i work all day on Sunday. Noooooooooo

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2016, 10:28 AM
There's the media coverage folk were moaning about not getting.

:top marksCan't have it both ways.

zlatan
30-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Wonder if Sportscene will show the highlights

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 10:29 AM

No he didn't, in fact he said the exact opposite to me behind the goals.

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2016, 10:31 AM
12 o'clock ko :rolleyes: GTF TV

and anyone thinking it won't affect the attendance is living in cloud cuckoo land i think

MB62
30-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I didn't think there was a T.V. deal in place for the Championship, we don't even get highlights of any games now.
I bought my S.T. because of this and the fact that ALL games were going to be played at 3.00pm on a Saturday. I'll still be there but not happy about such a 5h1t K.O. time :grr:

B.H.F.C
30-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Crap KO time but can deal with it as long as it isn't every other week. Which I don't think it will be this year.

calumhibee1
30-08-2016, 10:42 AM
That is crap...can't make it now.

Was really looking forward to this one also!

Saturday 3pm and we would have possibly had a full house - now...not quite sure..

Generally I would agree that moving KO times can't have that big an impact, however that's about as bad as it gets. For someone for example with a couple of kids having to get them ready, and yourself ready and having to be out the house at 11am on a Sunday after running about daft for 2 hours to get to the game and shell out £50 when it's on the TV anyway will simply lead to alot of people in that sort of predicament not going. Even someone who drives to the game on a Sunday can rule out having much of a drink on a Saturday night just to be able to drive themselves there, again, something which will make alot of people decide to just watch it at home.

DavieRoy
30-08-2016, 10:42 AM
I didn't think there was a T.V. deal in place for the Championship, we don't even get highlights of any games now.
I bought my S.T. because of this and the fact that ALL games were going to be played at 3.00pm on a Saturday. I'll still be there but not happy about such a 5h1t K.O. time :grr:

Nobody says there wasn't one.

Sky have had a camera at every Hibernian game this season showing the goals on Sky Sports News HQ and online. They are still all on the website.

We moan when they don't cover Hibernian and moan when they do.

We play Dundee United again in January during the Scottis Premiership winter shutdown, so there is every chance that we could be live on one of the channels then.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Its clear that some folk are going to miss this one because of the change from Saturday to Sunday, but on the other hand surely some folk who normally work on a Saturday get the chance to go along ..... swings and roundabouts as they say.

But a 12 noon kick off is the absolutely worst time imaginable, its going to put folk off. The way our crowds have gone up to now and the fact that Dundee Utd would almost certainly have brought a couple of thousand fans with them I would have predicted a crowd north of 18,000 for this game. It will be interesting to see how many do turn up .... if the crowd is under 16,000 it wont be hard to see where the blame lies.

On a brighter note ..... If two years ago somebody had told me I would be calling a crowd of less than 16,000 for a league game with Dundee Utd disappointing I would have laughed at them.

Ronniekirk
30-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Am sure this game would of been a near sell out if ithad been a Saturday 3 pm kicjk off so it will be easy to see if change in day and time impact on the attendance for this one

KingFranck
30-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Thanks Sky ...

I coach a lads football team and our games are always 11am Sunday so there's 2 ST holders unable to go me and mini Franck.

How many more Hibees in the same boat as me? There must be loads of kids as well who have Season Tickets who play on Sundays !!

CB_NO3
30-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Good money for the club.

As always though, the fans get shat on.
We dont get any extra cash for it.

Blaster
30-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Thanks Sky ...

I coach a lads football team and our games are always 11am Sunday so there's 2 ST holders unable to go me and mini Franck.

How many more Hibees in the same boat as me? There must be loads of kids as well who have Season Tickets who play on Sundays !!

Yes my son has Sunday morning games so just hope they manage an early ko

Sir David Gray
30-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I can't go now because I'm off on holiday on that morning.

I was able to make the Saturday!

banarc7062
30-08-2016, 12:18 PM
That's horrendous.

Just when we were getting decent attendances they go and move one of the bigger games.

It's up against United v Stoke on TV so god knows why they've done that.

Simple....Record the English Game. GGTTH

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks Sky ...

Exact same scenario however there was always chance this would happen.

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Why not?

Keith_M
30-08-2016, 12:20 PM
I can't see this having much of an affect on the Attendance. Yes, it must be a pain for anyone that already has plans on that day but I think they'll be outnumbered by the people that couldn't make it on the Saturday.

Dundee is an hour and a half drive away, so the visiting fans won't exactly have to get up in the middle of the night.

I think the worst affected are those that come up from England for the game, as the Lancashire guys have about a four hour drive.

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Yes we do.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blaster
30-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Exact same scenario however there was always chance this would happen.

I agree but 12 is a bit early though I think for a Sunday. It sounds silly but 12.30 or even 12.45 makes a bit of difference to some, particularly the away fans

Keith_M
30-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Yes we do.

When this was discussed previously, it was stated that the clubs get a fixed amount at the end of the season, but no extra cash per TV appearance.

Has that changed?

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I agree but 12 is a bit early though I think for a Sunday. It sounds silly but 12.30 or even 12.45 makes a bit of difference to some, particularly the away fans

Agree terrible time and Saturday would be much better. I am based West Lothian so no chance of making it.

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 12:30 PM
When this was discussed previously, it was stated that the clubs get a fixed amount at the end of the season, but no extra cash per TV appearance.

Has that changed?

Pretty certain that because the current TV deal doesnt include for ANY championship games, that we get an extra amount, plus, the inconvenience of changing the game to the Sunday etc.

I have no doubts some one will correct me if im wrong.

CallumLaidlaw
30-08-2016, 12:31 PM
I have no doubts some one will correct me if im wrong.

Which seems to happen a lot recently [emoji23]
#facts

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Which seems to happen a lot recently [emoji23]
#facts

I do happily admit when i am proved wrong...which doesnt happen often.

I dont like you, so you dont count...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
30-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Thats rubbish. Had that weekend all nicely planned out too. Booooooo

Bristolhibby
30-08-2016, 12:43 PM
As an English based fan I get to watch Hibs. Down side is I'm at Wembley for the NFL so no chance of seeing the game.

Will have to Sky+ it and avoid the score.

Incidentally last year the game vs the Huns was on at the same time I was at the NFL in November and we won that game 2-1. Same again please.

J

linlithgowhibbie
30-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Agree terrible time and Saturday would be much better. I am based West Lothian so no chance of making it.

I'm sure being in West Lothian cant make it that difficult to get to ER for 12noon.
Trains run, busses run!

PS I'm sure there will be seats on our supporters club bus if you are on our route in

Brian

Finn2015
30-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Great can't go as there isn't a train up in time Sunday morning from Crewe.

Swedish hibee
30-08-2016, 02:58 PM
A Sunday early game pretty has not much atmosphere for those of us watching.. Selfish I know!

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 03:06 PM

It's West Lothian you're in, not Western Canada.

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Games have been getting moved for years, it's the norm.

Jonnyboy
30-08-2016, 03:12 PM
It's surely not such a surprise that this game is being covered on TV. Alba has a contract for a few Championship games IIRC and Hibs will be an obvious choice for them. I know this one is SKY but the same logic applies.

hibee
30-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Thanks Sky ...

Yes, my two boys play on a Sunday, one at 10 and one at 11 so that's 3 season tickets that are likely to be unused.

Hibs don't really care about ST holders missing games though since we've already paid for it.

I didn't realise this was a possibility this season, incorrectly assumed they'd be concentrating on the SPL. Hopefully they will cover a few away league matches if it's going to continue.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2016, 03:53 PM
I can't see this having much of an affect on the Attendance. Yes, it must be a pain for anyone that already has plans on that day but I think they'll be outnumbered by the people that couldn't make it on the Saturday.

Dundee is an hour and a half drive away, so the visiting fans won't exactly have to get up in the middle of the night.

I think the worst affected are those that come up from England for the game, as the Lancashire guys have about a four hour drive.

There was talk of us running a bus for this game, not now. :boo hoo:

Viva_Palmeiras
30-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Great can't go as there isn't a train up in time Sunday morning from Crewe.

Get David Platt to give you a lift when he's on his way up to sign ;)

GreenLake
30-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Three more points for Hibs before I get out of bed.

lord bunberry
30-08-2016, 04:34 PM

Has that changed?

No

PISTOL1875
30-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I have the first part of my coaching badges on that Sunday 11-5... ******g hate TV games...

Renfrew_Hibby
30-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Cracking... Can make the game now!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2016, 06:52 PM
We won't want to merge this with the thread about lack of coverage of the Championship?

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 06:57 PM
It's West Lothian you're in, not Western Canada.

I realise that. Coach a team and have a game at 11 so might be struggling for 12 noon kick off. :aok:

JimBHibees
30-08-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm sure being in West Lothian cant make it that difficult to get to ER for 12noon.
Trains run, busses run!

PS I'm sure there will be seats on our supporters club bus if you are on our route in

Brian

Would be there but coach my sons team and game starts at 11.

drummondst
30-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Brilliant - NOT !!
Four of us had booked advance rail tickets for the game on the 1st October .
From the Green Man ( !! ) Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
No chance now for Sunday 2nd @ 12 noon. Will also have to compete for the
pub telly with Man Utd being on . Fat chance !
May be able to re schedule train tickets for Oct 29th against St Mirren - at a price .

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 07:30 PM
I realise that. Coach a team and have a game at 11 so might be struggling for 12 noon kick off. :aok:

Ahhh, that's a bit of a game changing detail.

eastterrace
30-08-2016, 08:20 PM
That's horrendous. Just when we were getting decent attendances they go and move one of the bigger games. It's up against United v Stoke on TV so god knows why they've done that. who cares about United v Stoke how crap a game will that be

Cammy
30-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Thanks Sky ...

We are exactly the same, I coach and my boy plays. Our game KO time is 11:30am so no chance of making it, therefore 3 ST's (daughter as well) unlikely to be used.

Shame, but I know the risks. Very annoying though.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I hate Sunday games, particularly early KO's, atmosphere is poor as well

SmashinGlass
30-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Thanks Sky ...

I'm in exactly the same boat. Maybe just need to pitch up at half time

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2016, 10:25 PM
I can go but Sunday lunchtime kick offs are dire.

Scott Allan Key
30-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Now won't have time to get from work and get kids ready before travelling to game. Fuming. Saturday's were my day off for a reason. Wish I could get compensation from cost of my season ticket from Sky, etc.

emerald green
31-08-2016, 08:56 AM
12 noon KO on a Sunday just seems to kill the atmosphere at matches.

Also, some folk still attend church services on a Sunday morning.

Renfrew_Hibby
31-08-2016, 09:56 AM
For all those who can't make it for whatever reason, pass on your season card to someone who can. A friend or family member, let's negate this kick off time as much as possible!

Phil MaGlass
01-09-2016, 08:41 AM
12 noon KO on a Sunday just seems to kill the atmosphere at matches.

Also, some folk still attend church services on a Sunday morning.

Are people still going to church these days, are they giving out free beer or what?

Carheenlea
01-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Are people still going to church these days, are they giving out free beer or what?

My wife assists with the Children's Liturgy, and we take both our kids on Sunday mornings. She'll have to go it alone that Sunday mind you, but poking fun at those who do attend places of worship of their choice is always a little bit of a cheap shot.

bigwheel
01-09-2016, 09:31 AM
My wife assists with the Children's Liturgy, and we take both our kids on Sunday mornings. She'll have to go it alone that Sunday mind you, but poking fun at those who do attend places of worship of their choice is always a little bit of a cheap shot.

Are people choosing to waste time on a make believe guy above the clouds rather than go and see the Hibees? Any better? :wink:

lord bunberry
01-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Free wine mate.

Earlydelivery
01-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Being selfish here but delighted it changed to Sunday getting back from holiday early Sunday morning ,I can now make it

Suburban Hibby
01-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Free wine mate.

Clearly not Free Presbyterian- still have Port with our Communion!

And no that's not the reason we go!

Minister is a good Hibby too!