PDA

View Full Version : Cummings and Henderson

Torto7062
30-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Just reading that Hendo is one of 5 or 6 leaving the cellic fc and also Leeanne has said Cummings is in the Not-for-sale at the moment category......what's the chances of a £2million+ bid for Cummings being accepted and Hendo being signed in a permanent maybe even with a McGinn style sell on fee...
Thoughts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mim
30-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Just reading that Hendo is one of 5 or 6 leaving the cellic fc and also Leeanne has said Cummings is in the Not-for-sale at the moment category......what's the chances of a £2million+ bid for Cummings being accepted and Hendo being signed in a permanent maybe even with a McGinn style sell on fee...
Thoughts

Absolutely none, I would think :confused:

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2016, 09:35 AM
So LD says he's in the not for sale category and you ask what the chances of us selling him are!!

Hmm, kinda depends if you believe what LD just said or not?!

HFC07
30-08-2016, 09:35 AM
If Henderson is one of the 5 or 6 players to leave Celtic, why would we need to offer cumming's as part of the deal.
Cumming's is going no where, we'd be mad to let him go the now.

I would love to see hendo back though.

ancient hibee
30-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Why would we want to sell the club's top and main goal scorer to get a midfield player who while promising is no better that the ones we have and not certain to get a game?

jimmythefish
30-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Think LD makes it pretty clear Cummings is going nowhere

HibsNutter
30-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Why would we allow a vital player in Cummings to leave, a player who has been the difference for us this season and has scored in every game so far, so we could bring in someone who wouldn't get in the first eleven when everyone is fit?

He's a Hibs legend now, and I'd love to see Hendo back as an option, but in the number ten role we have a better player now.

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 09:52 AM
You are joking arent you?

LD comes out and says Cummings isnt going anywhere within the next 2 windows, so you ask whats the chances of us selling him? Lennon said the other week it would take a ridiculous bid for us to sell, yet you reckon we would sell for £2m?

Why the hell would we get rid of Cummings for Hendo? More to the point who would be bring in to replace our TOP SCORER FOR 2 GOING ON 3 SEASONS with? The transfer window shuts in 2 days! Cummings is a 20 goals a season striker, one of the best in the country and one of the best young talents Scotland has, Hendo is a decent young attacking mid, who spent alot of time on the bench last season and got 6 assists and scored 5 goals (approx) last season and wouldnt get a game above Shinnie. Shinnie is a better player by far, Hendo has the potential to be great but we dont need potential, we need proven players to get us out this league

This hard on for Hendo coming back is pathetic, he wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season!! 30 odd games and he got 6 assists and 5 goals (approx) which is shocking in this league for an attacking mid.

Torto7062
30-08-2016, 10:33 AM
So LD says he's in the not for sale category and you ask what the chances of us selling him are!!

Hmm, kinda depends if you believe what LD just said or not?!
Hibernian will not sell their top striker Jason Cummings in this or the following transfer window because they see him as being vital to their promotion chances from the Championship. "In football you can normally never say never," says Easter Road chief executive Leeann Dempster, "but I am saying never on this occasion." (Various)

CraigHibee
30-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I think the statement leanne released should be enough for us to realise that Jason is going nowhere just now, if henderson is leaving celtic then I'd love him to come here, weather that happens or not is another story but we have tried

Torto7062
30-08-2016, 10:36 AM
This hard on for Hendo coming back is pathetic, he wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season!! 30 odd games and he got 6 assists and 5 goals (approx) which is shocking in this league for an attacking mid.[/QUOTE]
Check how many assists he had in the Cup runs...Hardly a hardon but it's all about opinions.....2mill plus would be tempting for the club I would think

Ozyhibby
30-08-2016, 10:43 AM

LD comes out and says Cummings isnt going anywhere within the next 2 windows, so you ask whats the chances of us selling him? Lennon said the other week it would take a ridiculous bid for us to sell, yet you reckon we would sell for £2m?

Why the hell would we get rid of Cummings for Hendo? More to the point who would be bring in to replace our TOP SCORER FOR 2 GOING ON 3 SEASONS with? The transfer window shuts in 2 days! Cummings is a 20 goals a season striker, one of the best in the country and one of the best young talents Scotland has, Hendo is a decent young attacking mid, who spent alot of time on the bench last season and got 6 assists and scored 5 goals (approx) last season and wouldnt get a game above Shinnie. Shinnie is a better player by far, Hendo has the potential to be great but we dont need potential, we need proven players to get us out this league

This hard on for Hendo coming back is pathetic, he wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season!! 30 odd games and he got 6 assists and 5 goals (approx) which is shocking in this league for an attacking mid.

Not bad for a 19 year old. All of our midfielders will score more goals under Lennon.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Hibernian will not sell their top striker Jason Cummings in this or the following transfer window because they see him as being vital to their promotion chances from the Championship. "In football you can normally never say never," says Easter Road chief executive Leeann Dempster, "but I am saying never on this occasion." (Various)

You just answered your own question :confused:

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Not bad for a 19 year old. All of our midfielders will score more goals under Lennon.

So would that not be why i said he was a decent attacking mid?

Still doesnt change the fact that Shinnie is a better player and that we need Cummings more than we need Hendo. Would be suicidal to sell Cummings for Hendo.

Bronson
30-08-2016, 10:54 AM

You're at the lash... surely:rolleyes:

Torto7062
30-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Check how many assists he had in the Cup runs...Hardly a hardon but it's all about opinions.....2mill plus would be tempting for the club I would think

You're at the lash... surely:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Every player has his price mind.....
I personally would be more than happy to keep Jason till next summer mate..just thought I'd through the question out there...
#persevered

Stevie Reid
30-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Losing Cummings and gaining Henderson would leave us worse off by miles. And I like Henderson.

lucky
30-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Henderson would not be a starter at Hibs but would be a good squad player. As for selling JC, it's clear he's going nowhere unless we get a very good offer

GreenOnions
30-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Re Cummings - I agree it would be madness to let him go and I don't think we will until next summer.

Re Hendo - Great player and great potential to improve also. I think if Hibs can actually afford what Celtic want it would still be good business to bring him in.

Yes - we are strong in his area of the park already. However - we need to think of "succession planning". It's quite possible we will lose McGinn as well as Cummings next summer. Also - Shinnie is only here for a season and Fyvie's contract expires next June. Getting Hendo on a three or four year contract would be good long term planning and would help mitigate the impact of losing McGinn, Shinnie, Cummings and maybe Fyvie just as we (hopefully) rejoin the Premier League.

Hibs have shown once or twice in the past we are prepared to speculate to accumulate on certain players and pay a fee - John McGinn being one. I think Hendo could well be the sort of guy who could do really well for us on the park for two or three years and then move on for a much larger fee. It might just depend on whether we have the cash.

green with envy
30-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Thoughts

Daftest thread starter on here for quite a while.

Enough said
30-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Daftest thread starter on here for quite a while.

Agreed mate

Waxy
30-08-2016, 11:15 AM
We don't need to sell Cummings and i hope he goes on to bigger things than Celtics bench when he does go.

Waxy
30-08-2016, 11:17 AM
I also look forward to Leigh Griiffiths next contract because he's becoming too good for Celtic.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Re Cummings - I agree it would be madness to let him go and I don't think we will until next summer.

Re Hendo - Great player and great potential to improve also. I think if Hibs can actually afford what Celtic want it would still be good business to bring him in.

Yes - we are strong in his area of the park already. However - we need to think of "succession planning". It's quite possible we will lose McGinn as well as Cummings next summer. Also - Shinnie is only here for a season and Fyvie's contract expires next June. Getting Hendo on a three or four year contract would be good long term planning and would help mitigate the impact of losing McGinn, Shinnie, Cummings and maybe Fyvie just as we (hopefully) rejoin the Premier League.

Hibs have shown once or twice in the past we are prepared to speculate to accumulate on certain players and pay a fee - John McGinn being one. I think Hendo could well be the sort of guy who could do really well for us on the park for two or three years and then move on for a much larger fee. It might just depend on whether we have the cash.

Exactly this.

As things stand I don't think we need Henderson, but as you say Fyvie may well get a decent offer from elsewhere when his contract expires and Shinnie is highly unlikely to remain a Hibs player after this season, add in the fact that McGeouch continues to struggle with injury .... in that scenario Henderson is exactly the sort of up and coming talent that we should be looking to add with a view to being in the Premiership next season.

As for Cummings ..... You can read LD's statement as JC is going nowhere, but if someone is daft enough to offer silly money we have to consider it. So yes JC is for sale, but for sale in the way that every player in Europe is for sale.

CB_NO3
30-08-2016, 11:35 AM
I think Shinnie will be better than Henderson. He is more direct and looks to have goals in him. Henderson has all the attributes to be a top player but has a lot of work to do. He needs to chip in with goals and bulk up a bit.

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2016, 12:51 PM

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
What's tempting about losing our main supplier of goals for 2 mill on the last day of the window?? Ru on the wind up??

CallumHibs07
30-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Shinnie may be better right now but he'll be gone next season. If we can get Hendo on a 3 or 4-year deal it's definitely something we should try to do. Not if it means we have to sell JC obviously.

sambajustice
30-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Who are the other 5 that can leave ???

High-On-Hibs
30-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Cummings is going nowhere until we hit promotion. If clubs are offering 2mil+ for him now, that could quite easily double after promotion from the championship. Absolutely no chance is he going anywhere.

Would love to see Henderson back in the squad as he definitely has something about him. But I wouldn't be devastated if he chose to continue his career elsewhere. We already have a squad that should take this league by storm.

Ergye
30-08-2016, 02:02 PM
You're supposed to stop pushing the cotton bud when you feel resistance.

TrinityHibs
30-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Trev Do corners count as assists? Just wondering as some assists could be worth more than others. Hendo Legend

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Trev Do corners count as assists? Just wondering as some assists could be worth more than others. Hendo Legend
Yes. Yes they do.

Didnt say he wasnt a legend, but thats the issue. Doesnt matter what he done for the other 30 games, they 2 corners are clouding peoples judgement on the player. Thats why hes wanted back so badly.

Just saying we have better players and dont need him.

The Sundance Kid
30-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Yes. Yes they do.

Didnt say he wasnt a legend, but thats the issue. Doesnt matter what he done for the other 30 games, they 2 corners are clouding peoples judgement on the player. Thats why hes wanted back so badly.

Just out of interest, where did you get your statistics regarding goals and assists, as I keep up with them quite closely during the season and had Henderson down as having scored 6 goals with 13 assists?

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Just out of interest, where did you get your statistics regarding goals and assists, as I keep up with them quite closely during the season and had Henderson down as having scored 6 goals with 13 assists?
Read it somewhere when i was looking up Harris' stats from last season for another matter, cant remember the site, thats why i put approx. Maybe it was only league games that it took into account.

The Sundance Kid
30-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Read it somewhere when i was looking up Harris' stats from last season for another matter, cant remember the site, thats why i put approx. Maybe it was only league games that it took into account.

Ah yeah, will probably be that it was just for league games

southern hibby
30-08-2016, 02:54 PM
LD may be telling the truth that JC is not for sale ( and I've always been in the keep him camp).
However what happens if a figure comes in and it triggers a release clause?

Do we know where and ( assuming there is one) what this has been set at?

GGTTH

Aldo
30-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Henderson is just a young lad but when he pulled on the Hibs Jersey he gave his all and igos passion for the club was there for all to see.

You'd never have thought he was a loanee!

I personally think he has the potential to be an excellent player and he's the sort of player we need.... Young and hungry and gives his all.

Produced 2 of the best crosses I have seen by a Hibs player in a long long time and not sure I will see such quality every again.

I would take him in a heartbeat!!

Greenworld
30-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Thoughts

Where did you read that ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
30-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Henderson is just a young lad but when he pulled on the Hibs Jersey he gave his all and igos passion for the club was there for all to see.

I personally think he has the potential to be an excellent player and he's the sort of player we need.... Young and hungry and gives his all.

Produced 2 of the best crosses I have seen by a Hibs player in a long long time and not sure I will see such quality every again.

That saved me a lot of typing Aldo.:top marks

Aldo
30-08-2016, 03:13 PM
That saved me a lot of typing Aldo.:top marks

:-)

Stevie Reid
30-08-2016, 03:34 PM

ESPN is good for goals and assists in all comps - though in 2015/6 they have appearances for Stenhousemuir, so have obviously confused him with the former Jambo, now at Falkirk. Apart from that, they're good though! Ten assists and six goals for us last season: -

http://www.espnfc.com/player/107568/liam-henderson?season=2015

(http://www.espnfc.com/player/107568/liam-henderson?season=2015)

Allant1981
30-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Yes. Yes they do.

We may have a couple of better players but to say we dont need him is nonsense

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 03:39 PM
We may have a couple of better players but to say we dont need him is nonsense
You trying to say hes better than Shinnie?

Why would a club like ours, who have posted losses for the past 2 seasons, spend £400k on a player to sit on our bench?

Thats ridiculous.

CapitalGreen
30-08-2016, 03:47 PM

Why would a club like ours, who have posted losses for the past 2 seasons, spend £400k on a player to sit on our bench?

Thats ridiculous.

How many occasions in the last 2 seasons have we had our strongest 11 available? If Henderson had signed in the summer he would most likely have started every game so far.

Hibs had 14 players make 30+ appearances last season, plus 3 brought in January with 14+.

Allant1981
30-08-2016, 03:58 PM

Thats ridiculous.

Where did i say he was better than anyone? You said we dont need him, what happens if we have a couple of midfielders get injured again like last season, having a player like henderson to bring in is excellent so again to say we dont need him is ridiculous, we always need quality players

greenlex
30-08-2016, 03:59 PM

Thats ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. He would be part of a squad. Fyvie and Mcgeouch have both had fairly relatively lengthy spells of injury last season. McGinn looks out on his feet some games and hardly had a break since he signed. I think Shinnie was brought in when our attempt to get Henderson permanent looked like it wasn't going to happen. If Hendersin becomes available tomorrow on a permanent deal similar to McGinns we should jump at it. We can't have enough quality thus season and moving forward assuming promotion but even if we somehow didn't.he would be a key player for us in the next few years. Mcginn might move on sooner than his contract end too.

Hibby Bairn
30-08-2016, 04:03 PM
I'd bring him in just for his corners :agree:. Legend.

And a cracking footballer imo.

northstandhibby
30-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Absolutely none, I would think :confused:

:top marks

While I absolutely love Hendo we just cannot let JC go for less than 5 million hard cash. Hendo for me last year raised our game on many occasions. He was full of energy, great runs, great passes, corners supreme etcetera. Hendo is a legend and i too would love to see him come home. However JC is almost priceless with his goal scoring excellence.

GGTTH

ahibby
30-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't think LH would be a first choice in our midfield as it stands and that probably means that he would rather go elsewhere. There might be options for him in the Premier League B down south which I believe is for under 23s, we will see. Cummings won't be sold because the lady is not for turning and we couldn't afford to lose him even if she was.

Brightside
30-08-2016, 06:24 PM

The first cross didn't even beat the first man....Stokes wins that goal. Henderson a good young player and potential a very good player. But he spent a lot of the season pumping in poor crosses.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 06:28 PM
The first cross didn't even beat the first man....Stokes wins that goal. Henderson a good young player and potential a very good player. But he spent a lot of the season pumping in poor crosses.

I'll agree to disagree regarding the first corner Underscore ;-) it was a training ground set piece??? :-)

Im sure you would be more than happy to see him playing for us again tho!!

1875STEVE
30-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Shinnie is better? on the basis of what??? 1 and a half games???

Also what happens if Shinnie is suspended/injured???

Let's play.....eh....Keatings out of position.

Sorry if Hendo is available, and we can afford, we would be mad not to sign him.

Shinnie could possibly be a better player, I'm not sure, but Henderson is 19 and a massive prospect and IMO will be a cracking player, and Shinnie is also only on loan.

Get him signed. :aok:

Unseen work
30-08-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm not in the desperate to bring Henderson back campaign to be honest.

Good young player who will have a successful career.

However, the amount he would cost us I would rather see us spend that in a area we actually need rather than have a luxury of central midfielders.

I also think the "you would never think he was on loan chat" is a bit tiring.

Yes he was passionate, which is good but it doesn't mean he's better than he is. I personally don't think he would start for us

J-C
30-08-2016, 07:28 PM
There was no central midfielders on the bench on Saturday, I'm still waiting on someone telling get me if Martin is injured and why he wasn't on the bench. Going by the last game if we have injuries then Henderson or someone similar is still needed for our squad.

Brightside
30-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I'll agree to disagree regarding the first corner Underscore ;-) it was a training ground set piece??? :-)

Im sure you would be more than happy to see him playing for us again tho!!

I'd love him back....but he's got lots of improvement to come. :wink:

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 07:34 PM
I'd love him back....but he's got lots of improvement to come. :wink:

Any juicy bits for PMs underscore? :wink::greengrin

kimosavi88
30-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Mate of mine says henderson is going to Tynie as party of the paterson deal 3 year deal Hearts getting 600k plus Paterson

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
30-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Mate of mine says henderson is going to Tynie as party of the paterson deal 3 year deal Hearts getting 600k plus Paterson

He's winding you up.

Jonnyboy
30-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Celtic have just bought a right back from West Brom. Why would they want Rolf?

Mr White
30-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Hearts getting 600k plus Paterson

They're going to sell paterson to themselves? That's taking yamonomics to a whole new level :greengrin

fulshie
30-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Cummings wont be going and Henderson wont be coming IMO. And why the hell would we sell our best striker and use the money to bring in a midfielder? Wouldn't make sense.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 09:40 PM

Nice try. Great first post by the way. :rolleyes:

O'Rourke3
30-08-2016, 09:45 PM
They're going to sell paterson to themselves? That's taking yamonomics to a whole new level :greengrin

Simply a variation of owing it to themselves

Thecat23
30-08-2016, 10:03 PM

Yeeeeah... if you could just shuffle back up to Gorgie that would be great!!

Jim44
30-08-2016, 10:03 PM

This was being fabricated on KB yesterday.

Mikey09
30-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Paterson to Celtic?!!!! :faf::faf::faf:

monktonharp
30-08-2016, 11:52 PM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkget yersel tae TORONTO , PRONTO TONTO. and nane o' yer pish here Kimosavi. It's you trying to wind up the Lone Ranger, admit it.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2016, 12:40 AM

interesting 1st post, but on a serious note...why would hertz buy paterson when they already own him, i mean it just doesn't make sense

and where exactly is this party :greengrin

;scratching head smiley

snooky
31-08-2016, 12:57 AM

See Tom Run.

Highland_Hibee
31-08-2016, 05:47 AM
No we shouldn't and won't sell Cummings to bring in Henderson. In Leeann we trust.

kimosavi88
31-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Sorry guys wrong floor
I was wanting the top tier of football and ended up down here under the trap door. Right I'm aff
See you boys in 6-7 years if you're still alive that is

Tyler Durden
31-08-2016, 06:31 AM

Thats ridiculous.

Yes - Henderson is better than Shinnie.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Sorry guys wrong floor
I was wanting the top tier of football and ended up down here under the trap door. Right I'm aff

Bye bye now, have a nice day from all of us here at Scottish Cup Champions headquarters.

LTYF

Heisenberg
31-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Sorry guys wrong floor

Actually took time out of your life to sign up and post this *****. Tragic.

2-0 and you ****ed it up.

Love from the Scottish cup champs x

kimosavi88
31-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Bye bye now, have a nice day from all of us here at Scottish Cup Champions headquarters.

LTYF

Where's that again?

Oh aye the championship

3 years - ESTABLISHED 😂😂😂

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Where's that again?

Oh aye the championship

3 years - ESTABLISHED 😂😂😂

Apologies for ending up on the wrong floor, Sir. It's not very well signposted.

Allow me to escort you to the top deck where you can find your beloved Hearts. You'll notice that this deck and the top deck are very similar, the only difference being that on the top deck our charity collection tins are manned 24/7 by security.

Jim44
31-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Sorry guys wrong floor

I was going to make a comment about you going to secondary school then I noticed your age .......... Sad!

AdidasHibernian
31-08-2016, 07:33 AM
With a username such as kimosavi88 it does sound like a typical Yam username on brokeback?

Maybe it's a deadline day player there signing to help them with there push for the Champions League winners medal they are still destined to win.

HIBERNIAN FC
SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS
21/5/16

The_Horde
31-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Have you not got schools to hang about outside of kimosavi?

calumhibee1
31-08-2016, 08:04 AM
This guy is definitely one of they jambos that sits in the away end every week to watch the Scottish Cup Champions. Obsessed.

Onceinawhile
31-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Fairly sure this is the guy who was offering one of the hearts new signings lifts from the airport because he'd chased him down on social media.

Even those on kickback think this guys a loon.

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 04:18 PM
With a username such as kimosavi88 it does sound like a typical Yam username on brokeback?

Maybe it's a deadline day player there signing to help them with there push for the Champions League winners medal they are still destined to win.

HIBERNIAN FC
SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS
21/5/16

Think it's more Tonto and the Lone Hun. He's probably a fat hun roaster with nothing better to do than play with himself and wind up fans of decent clubs.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Sorry guys wrong floor

Yip, this floor is sexy ladies underwear, you want the ground floor, thats the children's department.

erin go bragh
31-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Where did you read that ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sure it was in the Scotsman bud .

Aldo
31-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Yip, this floor is sexy ladies underwear, you want the ground floor, thats the children's department.

This made me laugh out loud BH!!

HibbyAndy
31-08-2016, 06:38 PM

:top marks

Sad but true.

Dibben
31-08-2016, 06:41 PM

Lol...

Dr Jimmy
31-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Sorry guys wrong floor

In 6-7 years imagine how much poppy money you could have stolen by then.

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Bet he is the caretaker/janny with the limp but he does love kids?

jgl07
31-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Sorry guys wrong floor

It sounds like he's a member of Column 88?

Finn2015
01-09-2016, 09:44 AM
When is hendo unveiled then?

s.a.m
01-09-2016, 09:48 AM
January, when we'll be doing it all again :greengrin
`

Finn2015
01-09-2016, 09:50 AM
January, when we'll be doing it all again :greengrin
`

Can't wait 😳