PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sportsmanship From The Hun

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Far be it from me to carp criticial and introduce a note of discord into an otherwise rather spiffing day on May 21st, but did anybody else notice that the opposing Rangers supporters sang one or two songs that might be construed as rather sectarian?

This flew under the radar in the euphoric celebrations but I feel that it's one that the footballing authorities - with their avowed intentions of stamping out this behavior - might want to investigate.

I'm perfectly prepared to accept that it might have been a one off, but it does the game no good to be dragged through the mud in this manner.

hibsbollah
30-08-2016, 06:11 AM
The only chant I heard that could be construed as vaguely offensive was directed at our manager who apparently is a 'sad, unfeeling ******* and a **** football team'. 'Unfeeling' is just a jibe at his lack of consideration of others, and shouldn't be considered sectarian as such.

man up Bob.

The Leith Dutch
30-08-2016, 06:51 AM
You guys have just used more different words than all the huns past and present have ever known.
Kudos :)

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2016, 07:17 AM
The only chant I heard that could be construed as vaguely offensive was directed at our manager who apparently is a 'sad, unfeeling ******* and a **** football team'. 'Unfeeling' is just a jibe at his lack of consideration of others, and shouldn't be considered sectarian as such.

man up Bob.

I object!

Maybe we all need to get in touch with our feelings more, particularly our ex-manager and our team, who obviously hurt the opposition by our ruthless determination to compete in this cup final.

No wonder they are upset.

I want to build a big magic castle of ice cream and let them romp around in it.

Arch Stanton
30-08-2016, 07:54 AM

man up Bob.

And if they enjoy being up to their knees in freezing mud then who are we to argue?

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 08:03 AM
It's early days for followers of the the's but I'd say that the omens are not good, their songbook sounds about the same as fans of the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Admittedly they seemed to have one song that wasn't about "tradition" and sectarian hatred / religion.

It was something to do with a hat that seemingly had magical powers, sadly that's no longer the case so I guess it will be business as usual.

Unless the authorities decide to actually do something about it they will soon be as bad as those louts from West of Scotland FC and Scottish cup FC who outnumbered Hibernian fans at a rate of nearly four to one in the arrested for violent offence count at the recent Scottish Cup final.

It could have been worse if the rangers had won and all these thugs got amongst their normally dignified fans, so I suppose Hibernian did them a favour.

WeeRussell
30-08-2016, 11:13 AM
They seem to have learned that Stokesy is on fire from that day as they're now singing it themselves!