PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United sign 2 Dutch players

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Whose names I can't pronounce. On the bbc site can't seem to copy and paste link on my phone sorry. Still expect them to be our main competition this season although might be inconsistent while they are in transition. We will see

Ergye
29-08-2016, 06:53 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37204439

They're having a de Graaf with those names.

WoreTheGreen
29-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Whose names I can't pronounce. On the bbc site can't seem to copy and paste link on my phone sorry. Still expect them to be our main competition this season although might be inconsistent while they are in transition. We will see

Hope one is De Graff

29-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Dundee Utd will be like us in our first season after relegation. Slow start but I think they will hit their stride once their new team starts to click.

Callum7
29-08-2016, 07:01 PM
William Edjenguele & Frank van der Struijk

Brooster
29-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Hopefully we can keep the pressure on the chasing pack....let them worry about us.

makaveli1875
29-08-2016, 07:04 PM
it will take more than a couple of dutch bangers to stop the hibees this season , weve got super john mcginn

HibsNutter
29-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Didn't realise after only four games we're already seven points clear of them. Nice. They appear to still carry the weak mentality of last season and although they may be impressive in spells, they'll drop points needlessly like they did at the weekend.

Stevie Reid
We'll see what happens. I was quite impressed by Raith in the play off semi at ER, and McKinnon did very well there - but he has inherited a very bad situation at Utd (albeit one that has allowed him a blank canvas, in terms of a squad), whereas at Raith, they were moving in the right direction before he arrived (finishing 7th and winning the Challenge Cup in 13/14, then 6th in the league the following year). I thought Grant Murray was pretty harshly sacked, FWIW.

Dundee United have also appointed a few up and coming managers like McKinnon over the years, and it's rarely worked out for them - thinking of the likes of McCall, Brewster and (ultimately) Jackie Mac.

Waxy
Struijk it well or struijk it poorly. Time will tell.

banchoryhibs
29-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Struijk it well or struijk it poorly. Time will tell.

Well that's 2 big name players that they have signed......

I'll get my coat....

Marco G
29-08-2016, 08:40 PM
We'll see what happens. I was quite impressed by Raith in the play off semi at ER, and McKinnon did very well there - but he has inherited a very bad situation at Utd (albeit one that has allowed him a blank canvas, in terms of a squad), whereas at Raith, they were moving in the right direction before he arrived (finishing 7th and winning the Challenge Cup in 13/14, then 6th in the league the following year). I thought Grant Murray was pretty harshly sacked, FWIW.

Dundee United have also appointed a few up and coming managers like McKinnon over the years, and it's rarely worked out for them - thinking of the likes of McCall, Brewster and (ultimately) Jackie Mac.
However even though McKinnon inherited a good squad he struggled first part of last season and Raith were well off pace for play offs then after Xmas went on an amazing run. He wont have that time this season to turn it around and two Dutch journeymen may not be enough to make a big difference!

West lower
29-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Two unknown Dutch defenders ? Good luck with that. Even the best Dutch defenders are suspect.

Jack
29-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Have they gone halfers? Split the bill. Buy one get one free. Gone Dutch?

heretoday
29-08-2016, 09:01 PM
I heard they're just a couple of cloggers.

snooky
29-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Two unknown Dutch defenders ? Good luck with that. Even the best Dutch defenders are suspect.

Ajax took both of them to the cleaners.

stokesmessiah
29-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I actually think Dun Utd will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 09:07 PM
I actually think Dun Utd will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Want my prediction everyone? Tough your getting it anyway.

Dundee United will finish 3rd with raith 2nd. Got a gut feeling raith will stay the course this season

Craig_in_Prague
29-08-2016, 09:21 PM

They should be. All this chat of a tough league is rubbish. Its a gash league and Utd should be 2nd at worse.

Mikey09
30-08-2016, 12:12 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

Soooooooooo true!!

davy1979
30-08-2016, 12:55 AM
Shocked at their bad start I thought they would be main rivals. We are doing what hearts and Rangers did in previous years get early points on the board and let them try to catch us.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2016, 05:44 AM
Dundee United will be very strong after Christmas and finish second in the championship final. They will beat Raith in a play off and lose to Partick in another on penalties after a young star gets scuffed in the tits by a fat rough boy.

Steve20
30-08-2016, 06:18 AM
Want my prediction everyone? Tough your getting it anyway.

Dundee United will finish 3rd with raith 2nd. Got a gut feeling raith will stay the course this season

I think Raith and QOTS will stay the distance this year. Also glad we've built up a lead on Dundee Utd because as people say, they will get stronger as the league goes on.

We should still win it though.

Aldo
30-08-2016, 06:52 AM
I think Raith and QOTS will stay the distance this year. Also glad we've built up a lead on Dundee Utd because as people say, they will get stronger as the league goes on. We should still win it though.

Their starting 11's might seem strong but a few injuries/suspensions will be their downfall.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy but 12/12 after 4 games sends out a signal for me.

I am not concerned about Raith or QOTS. United might come good, as might Falkirk but we are the team to beat and at this early stage we are strong.

Still a day or so left in transfer window and I still expect 1 or 2 in that are of better quality than any Of our rivals can afford!

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Couldnt really care what anyone else in the division is doing.

However, having a look at these signings, 1s a journeyman and 1s played 300 apps for a couple of teams in the 2nd division in Holland (i think). Not worried.

Apparently Brad McKay is signing for them aswell after being released by St Johnstone yesterday, again, not worried.

Think Dundee Utd current league position is false, they will get going and come 2nd. No doubts about it. McKinnon is a decent manager and likes to play football. But hes also had to do what Stubbs had to do and overhaul the squad.

calumhibee1
30-08-2016, 07:35 AM
As others have said, Dundee Utd will find form at some point. However we'll be miles ahead by that point and even with them finding a bit form we'll still pick up more points. We'll win this league by at least 15 points.

lucky
30-08-2016, 08:04 AM
We know how hard it is in this league if you get off to a slow start. United are 7 points back already. They will struggle to get close to us and signing 2 nobody's from Holland does not change that.