PDA

View Full Version : One Out

Newcastlehibby
29-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Dan Carmichael has left by mutual consent.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Thought he had a part to play so I'm a little sad to see him go. Best of luck Danny.

thebausburst
29-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Dan Carmichael has left by mutual consent.

Right decision, all the best to the lad but we need/have better.

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Sad to see cos there is a decent player there. Sometimes just doesn't work out. Best of luck to him

Hibs90
29-08-2016, 04:40 PM
He will end up back at Queens

Big_Franck
29-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Always thought he looked ok, even when he was only given a few minutes. Certainly no worse than a couple others that we've persevered for years with. I think he'll sign for one of our rivals for the league this year.

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Stanton next?

HibsNutter
29-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Good player, but not influential enough to keep considering his injury record with us.

Jim44
29-08-2016, 04:43 PM
He will end up back at Queens

............ And come back to haunt us? I could have put this in the cliche thread.:greengrin

emerald green
29-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Frees up a wage. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Pretty Boy
29-08-2016, 04:44 PM
I always thought he might have offered something but he was never really available for an extended period here and I'll trust Lennons judgement based on what he has seen.

Hopefully frees up space and/or cash to bring another in.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BH Hibs
29-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Ach bugger thought he may have got a chance. All the best Dan.

Swedish hibee
29-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Good Luck Dan 👍

Ronniekirk
29-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Saw that and also saw article from Lee Ann making it clear Jason isnt for sale and the clubs objective is to get past the Transfer window with the Squad intact
However it also said there would be no one else coming in She might have been misquoted or it might be Hateley deal isnt happening and its been decided we have a good enough squad to win the Leaugue Which on current form is probably fair assessment
Anyone else hearing this or dp those I T K still think we are looking to bring someone else in

Franck Stanton
29-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Frees up a wage. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Sadly, think he will, especially if he signs for Queens. Good player imo. As stated elsewhere in thread, we have persevered with others who aren't as good a player.

Anyway, good luck Danny, sorry it didn't work out for you.

Jim44
29-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Saw that and also saw article from Lee Ann making it clear Jason isnt for sale and the clubs objective is to get past the Transfer window with the Squad intact
However it also said there would be no one else coming in She might have been misquoted or it might be Hateley deal isnt happening and its been decided we have a good enough squad to win the Leaugue Which on current form is probably fair assessment
Anyone else hearing this or dp those I T K still think we are looking to bring someone else in

I saw her interview, but can't find it now. She hinted that nobody else would be coming in but qualified it saying that if anyone came along and it was viable then who knows? I interpret that as none of our heavily rumoured signings would materialise but an out of the blue signing might happen.

The_Horde
29-08-2016, 05:13 PM

We're still short so she's lying.

Oh no wait. I mean Dumpster out. And Petrie too.

Baw187
29-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Out of the group being talked about leaving, he was by the far the best player and the only one I'd have wanted to stay and fight for his place. Said it plenty times before, I think he's looked decent when given the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
29-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Good luck Dan. Sorry things didn't work out for you at ER.
Hope you find yourself a decent club.

bigwheel
29-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Agreed. Good luck Dan , through injury and lack of game time we didn't see the best of him - but no doubt he has talent - all the best for his next move

danhibees1875
29-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Thought he looked good - particularly against alloa last year along with Boyle on the wings.

Another poster came up with the idea of loaning him back to queens - helping to take points off Falkirk, united and Raith while upsetting their starting xi against us. Could have been a good option if it worked out like that.

Hope he gets more of a chance at his next club.

Brooster
29-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Good luck Dan. Correct decision to free up his wage (£60k at a guess) on someone who will contribute.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2016, 06:16 PM
[/B]

Sadly, think he will, especially if he signs for Queens. Good player imo. As stated elsewhere in thread, we have persevered with others who aren't as good a player.

Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

- what That Shakespeare bloke wrote about Gary Mackay.

hibee
29-08-2016, 06:44 PM
A lot has been made of his injuries and Alan Stubbs made an interesting comment about it at the .net visit to the training centre last season.

He said that Darren McGregor had the same injury as Dan but Darren had it much worse and dealt with it differently.

Stubbs pointed at one of the big wooden doors and made some remark that Darren would run through that door for the team where as Dan wasn't even able to train. He didn't make a big deal about it, just said he was a different type of player who couldn't deal with the injury in the same way as others.

Wish him well and hope he gets another club sorted out.

ancient hibee
29-08-2016, 06:52 PM
A lot has been made of his injuries and Alan Stubbs made an interesting comment about it at the .net visit to the training centre last season.

He said that Darren McGregor had the same injury as Dan but Darren had it much worse and dealt with it differently.

Stubbs pointed at one of the big wooden doors and made some remark that Darren would run through that door for the team where as Dan wasn't even able to train. He didn't make a big deal about it, just said he was a different type of player who couldn't deal with the injury in the same way as others.

Last season there was some talk about some players who were injured and some thought their injuries were worse than they were.I always assumed this was Carmichael although there's no doubt he required an op.What should be looked at is three players have been signed when they had injury problems.Not sure we can afford that.

29-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Don't think he's a bad wee player, just been unfortunate with injuries so never really got much of a chance here.

All the best to him, hope it works out else where.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Frees up a wage.

Done bugger all at hibs

Stantons Angel
29-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Probably the best thing for the player, gives him a chance to get another club early on in the season.

Best of luck Dan, i wish you luck and success for your future.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Frees up a wage.

Done bugger all at hibsHe had 2 serious injuries. He done well when he played, helped see out wins against Hearts and Aberdeen and scored against Alloa.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Was glad when we signed him, but as much as I would have liked things to work out for him here, I'm by no means sad to see him go.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 07:39 PM
[/B]

His signing was supposed to be favourable in two ways - strengthening us, and weakening a QOS team that had taken significant points off us and made the play offs in the season before he signed. It worked at weakening them.

His departure may well be a double edged sword, in that it gives us a chance to bring in better and may well strengthen another team in this division - but we are not weaker from his departure.

FWIW, he seems like the kind of player that I could see Johnston taking at Dunfermline. Good luck to him wherever he goes anyway.

Jonnyboy
29-08-2016, 07:56 PM
I feel for the laddie. When he left QOTS to join us he would rightly have considered it a step up. Injury has been a major problem for him and now that he's fit, the club has moved on.

I wish him well for his future

B.H.F.C
29-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Good move all round. Just didn't see where he would fit in to the team.

O'Rourke3
29-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Good luck Dan. I enjoyed the little I saw.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Cam we rename this thread?

J-C
29-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Interesting insight, good wee player but maybe not the right mentality to take the step up for Hibs, if what you say is true then he's obviously not been showing enough to force his way into the team and it's probably best he left for the good of his own career.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2016, 09:39 PM
All the best to him.

jacomo
29-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Shinnie seems like an upgrade to me.

Football's a tough business, but all the best to DC.

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 07:15 AM
Good player and exactly what we wanted, pacy, tricky left sided winger.

Unfortunately wasnt to be, his injury record is awful.

Ayr/QoS are favourites for his signature.