PDA

View Full Version : Malta v Scotland

Frazerbob
29-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Who'a going over the game?

I'm heading out on Wednesday for a week and just starting to think about packing. I have to say, I'm struggling to stick to the "no club colours" on Scotland trips rule this time. My various cup winning t-shirts might just find their way into my bag!

bod
29-08-2016, 01:18 PM
flying out Friday-Monday.
no club colours although there might be a magic hat song sung during the pedrified cup game if its being shown.
staying in St Juliens

c31
29-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Crowd of us going Thursday - Monday also staying in st Julian's which is a dump btw..

frazeHFC
29-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Group of us going Thursday to Thursday. St Julians for 4 days and then staying at my family in Naxxar for a few days.

Crowd of us going Thursday - Monday also staying in st Julian's which is a dump btw..

A dump with plenty clubs and bars though!

c31
29-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I believe that was the reason we're staying there!!!

Brummie_Hibs
29-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Thur to Mon St Jules.

Out - 16.40 Ryanair, Stansted

lyonhibs
29-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Keeping my powder dry for Bratislava.....

Cardinal G
29-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Thursday morning from manchester for the week in silemma, had same debate in my head about club colours, decided to stick to the no club colours un written rule.
Just need to get our match tickets sorted, on reserve list but think we are way to far down for further returns.

The Modfather
29-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Heading over Thursday - Monday, will be with the Mrs though, so a more cultured Scotland trip. Slovakia is also booked the following month, which I dare say will be a little less cultured 🍺

Anyone done the day trip to Sicily before? Tempted, but looking into it and it's a day written off with lots of time on a coach to Mount Etna and back which isn't ideal given the relatively short time I'm over for.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Wed-Wed for us staying in St Julians

Don't normally do club colours but this time I'm wearing our new home strip after purchasing today 💚

Hibby86
29-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Heading over Thursday - Monday, will be with the Mrs though, so a more cultured Scotland trip. Slovakia is also booked the following month, which I dare say will be a little less cultured 🍺

Anyone done the day trip to Sicily before? Tempted, but looking into it and it's a day written off with lots of time on a coach to Mount Etna and back which isn't ideal given the relatively short time I'm over for.

Was over last year and done this. It is good to see but stuck on a coach in 30 degree heat ain't the best. You leave around 10 ish in the morning and not back until around midnight if all goes to plan.

hibernia_inn
29-08-2016, 06:17 PM
4 of us going Thursday-Thursday flying from Edinburgh staying in Marsascala.

Mick O'Rourke
29-08-2016, 08:22 PM
On the wearing of or not club colours at Scotland games
i am old enough to remember when the Scottish team in the early sixties was rammed with oldco rangers players.
Sometimes 6 or more, regularly.
Rangers colours were everywhere
Red white and blue striped bunnets
(flat caps for you younger guys!)

One reason, among others, as you will know or guess why many Celtic fans then did not "follow follow" the Scotland national team.

Team bunnet's were all the rage back then.
I had a Hibs one ;-)

On wearing club colours in Malta.
Jambo fans would be well advised not to do so.
Locals might point at them and burst out laughing.

Glory Glory

Persevered with Integrity

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-08-2016, 08:33 PM

Depends where you go. Don't mistake St Julians for Paceville. Even the Maltese have no time for Paceville.

Bristolhibby
29-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Flying out Saturday from Heathrow on Air Malta, back Monday.

Staying in St. Juliens also.

Not prepared for this one as have just come back from my family Summer holidays, into the office tomorrow. The thought of a long weekend in the Med will keep me going.

J

NthCarolinaHibs
29-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Flying out on Thursday for a week in Mellieha.. Booked for Slovakia and Wembeleee anaw..

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Have to admit that I'm psyched for this game. I think this is the point where we leave behind our days of abject failure with anonymous journeymen who aren't even recognizable in their own kitchen and embrace that talented crop of young superstars. who make other nations green with envy, and soar into the footballing cosmos.

It's about time and I'm delighted that it's happening in this game against a tricky and well-organized Maltese outfit.

KeithTheHibby
30-08-2016, 12:01 PM

Hardly a dump!

Paceville on the other hand...

snooky
30-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Hardly a dump!

Paceville on the other hand...

I thought Valetta was a bit scuzzy.

Lago
30-08-2016, 01:04 PM
I thought Valetta was a bit scuzzy.
Not the last time I was there.

.Louise.
30-08-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm in Malta just now in Qawra. Been 30c+ since I got here so remember your suncream! [emoji6]

Brummie_Hibs
30-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Yahhhh! Just discovered I'm in Paceville and not St Jules. I don't mind a bit of ****my - in fact I'm in dire needs of a bit of a party and debauchery!

Tropicana Hotel here I come!!! :angeldevi

bod
30-08-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm in Malta just now in Qawra. Been 30c+ since I got here so remember your suncream! [emoji6]

seen any money changing shops ?

.Louise.
30-08-2016, 03:49 PM
seen any money changing shops ?

Yeah seen a couple, exchange rate here was €1.13 to the £ when I looked the other day.

magpie1892
30-08-2016, 03:53 PM

I'm in Catania just now (flying back to Malta later) and I did the Etna tour yesterday. You need a whole day to make it worthwhile (which it is).