PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window

Jim44
29-08-2016, 07:30 AM
The lack of rumours and chat about Lennon adding to the squad as the window draws to a close suggests that we might have just about put the shutters up for the summer. Beyond the obvious wishful thinking rumours, I would have liked to have got one more defender in. However if that's it as far as ins and outs is concerned, I'm satisfied that Lennon has got the tools to do the job he has been hired to do. :flag:

Smartie
29-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Yep, I'd be happy with nobody else coming in as long as we keep the exit door firmly shut.

Tobias Funke
29-08-2016, 07:33 AM
The lack of rumours and chat about Lennon adding to the squad as the window draws to a close suggests that we might have just about put the shutters up for the summer. Beyond the obvious wishful thinking rumours, I would have liked to have got one more defender in. However if that's it as far as ins and outs is concerned, I'm satisfied that Lennon has got the tools to do the job he has been hired to do. :flag:

I would like to see one or two players come in but I think the most important thing is that when the window closes, Jason Cummings is still a Hibs player. We are going to get 30 plus from him this season if he remains with us.

lucky
29-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Yep, I'd be happy with nobody else coming in as long as we keep the exit door firmly shut.

Fringe players can leave, the usual suspects Harris, Stanton, Handling & Carmichael but would be keen to keep JC & SJM

Greenworld
29-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Your right about no rumours all quite would on this occasion be fine...feel kind of ok with the squad maybe another defender for cover

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
29-08-2016, 07:39 AM

I think we made an offer to Tom Hateley and are still awaiting a response. If that falls through, it may be that Neil looks elsewhere for RB cover. And there is still the possibility to add free agents after the deadline.

scott7_0(Prague)
29-08-2016, 07:50 AM

He already mentioned over the weekend that he hopes for one more signing. Lets see.

scoopyboy
29-08-2016, 07:53 AM
I think we made an offer to Tom Hateley and are still awaiting a response. If that falls through, it may be that Neil looks elsewhere for RB cover. And there is still the possibility to add free agents after the deadline.

Also the possibility of emergency loan in our league, which doesn't have to be an emergency so basically we can still get players in on loan.

JDHibs
29-08-2016, 07:54 AM
4 wins out 4 in the league without ever looking in danger shows this squad is good enough to get us up!

Happy with where the squad is at, 1 more right sided defender would make sure we have cover all over the park. But not essential.

Time to trim the squad with a few loans/releases and we are good to go!

Allant1981
29-08-2016, 08:01 AM
4 wins out 4 in the league without ever looking in danger shows this squad is good enough to get us up!

Happy with where the squad is at, 1 more right sided defender would make sure we have cover all over the park. But not essential.

Time to trim the squad with a few loans/releases and we are good to go!

The first 11 are good enough and possibly 2/3 subs but the squad isnt that great in all honesty, all it would take is a couple of injuries and suspensions and we dont have a lot of quality left, still think we need another couple of players that are better than stanton,harris etc but not sure if we will get them

greenlad
29-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Also the possibility of emergency loan in our league, which doesn't have to be an emergency so basically we can still get players in on loan.

Has been finally scrapped in England and thought would be the case here, but evidently not as per the latest SPFL rules

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-scrapping-emergency-loan-window-bad-news-every-english-club

55.The term of an Emergency Temporary Transfer must be set out in the written agreement between the parties concerned, may commence and/or terminate outside of a Registration Period and must be not less than 28 days but not more than 93 days.

56. An Emergency Temporary Transfer may only be to a Club at the commencement of the term of the Emergency Temporary Transfer eligible to participate in the Championship, League One or League Two

JDHibs
29-08-2016, 08:10 AM
The first 11 are good enough and possibly 2/3 subs but the squad isnt that great in all honesty, all it would take is a couple of injuries and suspensions and we dont have a lot of quality left, still think we need another couple of players that are better than stanton,harris etc but not sure if we will get them

Could say that for any team in the world though? 2 or 3 injuries and suspensions at any one time and pretty much every team would struggle!

We have cover all over the park with atleast 2 players per position. Thats the best you can ask for.

Laidlaw
Forster
Keatings
Graham
Boyle
Harris
Crane

Was our bench on Saturday, any of them would be starters anywhere else in this league maybe bar Laidlaw. Boyle/Graham/Keatings are all premiership quality and can all change a game. Add into that Fonts and McGeough (both injured) and i would say our squad is in the top 5 in the country.

Marco G
29-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Think we have more cover than you say and strongest squad in our league! Need a balance between cover and players getting a game. Thought we had a very strong bench on Saturday for example. If we did make another signing then right sided defender could fit the bill. Otherwise I am happy with what I am seeing.

mim
29-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Laidlaw

???? Forster Fontaine Crane

Boyle McGeouch Martin Harris

Keatings Graham

A team made up from the players not in Saturday's starting line-up.

Looks to me like we need cover at right back.
Of course we could play with 3 at the back, but Lennon shouldn't be forced into using that formation.

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Laidlaw

Keatings Graham

Of course we could play with 3 at the back, but Lennon shouldn't be forced into using that formation.

Wow says a lot about the depth of the squad. Loving this

Smartie
29-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Laidlaw

Keatings Graham

You could chuck Stanton or Carmichael into the middle of that midfield and go 3-5-2 and it's a perfectly acceptable team.

Not ideal but not the worst.

Given we'd have to be without our 11 first choice players for it to have to happen, that's a pretty decent position to be in.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-08-2016, 11:06 PM
It's been a great window imo. Strengthened the key areas with the type of players I was hoping for.

Would still like to see 2 more. Cover at RB although not a necessity as we do have McGregor, forster, and I reckon we could chuck Boyle or Stevenson in if we're really struggling

The other, I think we may see a "star player" arrive on deadline day from celtic. Commons or Hendo is my guess. Neither will want to waste a year on the bench at this stage of their careers and Wednesday it's a "now or 6 months" situation

Mikey09
29-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Marvin Johnson of Motherwell has reportedly handed in a transfer request. I would take him. Bags of pace and eye for a goal.

monktonharp
29-08-2016, 11:31 PM
I will only say, please do not lose SJM or JC. Anyone else coming in would be a bonus

Mikey09
29-08-2016, 11:48 PM
I will only say, please do not lose SJM or JC. Anyone else coming in would be a bonus

Absolutely correct.

Mikey09
29-08-2016, 11:49 PM
However I'd cum in ma pants if we signed GMS...:greengrin

stokesmessiah
30-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Marvin Johnson of Motherwell has reportedly handed in a transfer request. I would take him. Bags of pace and eye for a goal.

Motherwell looking for £750k for him!

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 07:11 AM

They've also already rejected several 6 figure bids from Oxford...

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 07:12 AM

Hes only just had an ankle operation, out for the next couple of months....

hfc rd
30-08-2016, 07:15 AM

In this mornings gossip column on the BBC, it states that GMS, Armstrong, Ciftci, Commons and Henderson could all be potentially on their way out.

Rodgers may yet make a move for Everton midfielder James McCarthy on a season-long loan deal, but Gary Mackay-Steven, Stuart Armstrong, Nadir Ciftci, Kris Commons and Liam Henderson could all be "moved on". (Herald)

Dibben
30-08-2016, 07:23 AM
GMS & Henderson please!!

Matty_Jack04
30-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Just what we wanted to hear from leann

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/08/29/leeann-dempster-adamant-jason-cummings-will-not-sold-hibs-launch-scottish-cup-tour/?platform=hootsuite

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2016, 07:59 AM
If Gary MacKay Steven arrives he will have to change his first two names.

I suggest Maradona Messi Steven.

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Why would we spend money/wages on players that we dont need?

We dont use out and out wingers so no need for GMS.

We have also brought in Shinnie who is a better player than Hendo (at the moment).

So basically we would bring in a couple of Celtic players on loan to sit on our bench?

ElginHibbie
30-08-2016, 08:06 AM
From BBC Gossip today, not that I am getting my hopes up :hyper

Rodgers may yet make a move for Everton midfielder James McCarthy on a season-long loan deal, but Gary Mackay-Steven, Stuart Armstrong, Nadir Ciftci, Kris Commons and Liam Henderson could all be "moved on". (Herald)

Craig_in_Prague
30-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Why would we spend money/wages on players that we dont need?

We dont use out and out wingers so no need for GMS.

We have also brought in Shinnie who is a better player than Hendo (at the moment).

So basically we would bring in a couple of Celtic players on loan to sit on our bench?

Agreed, I assume Lennon wants cover for RB/DM positions (i.e. Hately), but perhaps space for 1 more player that's of a good quality, who will push current 1st team players for their spot - given us a really quality bench as well every week, meaning we'll cope with injuries or suspensions without too much issue.
If Commons or Henderson signed, I am pretty sure we'd all be happy!

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Agreed, I assume Lennon wants cover for RB/DM positions (i.e. Hately), but perhaps space for 1 more player that's of a good quality, who will push current 1st team players for their spot - given us a really quality bench as well every week, meaning we'll cope with injuries or suspensions without too much issue.
If Commons or Henderson signed, I am pretty sure we'd all be happy!
Not saying I wouldnt be happy. Just trying to be realistic.

We have a very strong squad. Cover all over the park bar maybe a proper RB.

IMO this squad should and will walk the league, with a 15point gap at the end.

Why bring in loan players like GMS, Hendo or Commons when we can wait until next season and go and BUY Hendo as he will be cheaper by then due to lack of playing time/contract length.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craig_in_Prague
30-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Not saying I wouldnt be happy. Just trying to be realistic.

We have a very strong squad. Cover all over the park bar maybe a proper RB.

IMO this squad should and will walk the league, with a 15point gap at the end.

Why bring in loan players like GMS, Hendo or Commons when we can wait until next season and go and BUY Hendo as he will be cheaper by then due to lack of playing time/contract length.

I agree mate; but on the other hand I don't think Lennon will turn down a quality player should he become available.
Dylan has his injury problems and if McGinn got injured, I think we'd be a bit short in quality going forward, so a Hendo or Commons would boost the squad and it'll have to make sense for both footballing and financial reasons and be discussed between Lennon and Leanne. We are very well run, which has not been the case for years and years. So I trust those 2 to only bring in players they see adding value.

We will see what happens :)

Iain G
30-08-2016, 08:32 AM
I agree mate; but on the other hand I don't think Lennon will turn down a quality player should he become available.
Dylan has his injury problems and if McGinn got injured, I think we'd be a bit short in quality going forward, so a Hendo or Commons would boost the squad and it'll have to make sense for both footballing and financial reasons and be discussed between Lennon and Leanne. We are very well run, which has not been the case for years and years. So I trust those 2 to only bring in players they see adding value.

We will see what happens :)

We need to ensure we go up, signing Hendo or Commons or GMS on loan would just help reinforce the squad depth and give us more quality, no excuses for not winning this league this year.

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 08:34 AM
We need to ensure we go up, signing Hendo or Commons or GMS on loan would just help reinforce the squad depth and give us more quality, no excuses for not winning this league this year.
We are 4 wins from 4 and havent even looked like we are going to beaten. 10 goals scored and 2 conceded...

As I said, dont think we need anyone else. Lennons said the same.

RoxburghHibs
30-08-2016, 08:42 AM

Agreed I think we need one or maybe even two more quality additions to the squad (GMS would be perfect). I also think NL will be wanting at least one more in before the window slams shut :thumbsup:

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 08:45 AM
Agreed I think we need one or maybe even two more quality additions to the squad (GMS would be perfect). I also think NL will be wanting at least one more in before the window slams shut [emoji106]
Said it up the thread a bit but people keep missing it, GMS is injured. Has only started running recently. No where near fit enough to pass a medical and be ready to come into the team.

Why would we sign an injured player?

Never mind the fact that he is an out and out winger and we dont play with out and out wingers. We use full backs for width.

Both Commons and Hendo wouldnt get a start infront of Shinnie after his performance on Saturday, Keatings was playing well there before that.

Smartie
30-08-2016, 08:49 AM
I'm more than happy with the squad and the cover we have.

McGregor, Forster or Boyle could cover RB/RWB if we needed them to.

We only have league games (and diddy cup games) to consider during the first half of the season.

I'd rather we kept a bit of the budget back to allow us to strengthen in January if we needed to.

I'd originally wanted another winger but it looked like we're not going to play with wingers often so we probably don't need more than Boyle and Harris.

RoxburghHibs
30-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Said it up the thread a bit but people keep missing it, GMS is injured. Has only started running recently. No where near fit enough to pass a medical and be ready to come into the team.

Why would we sign an injured player?

Never mind the fact that he is an out and out winger and we dont play with out and out wingers. We use full backs for width.

Both Commons and Hendo wouldnt get a start infront of Shinnie after his performance on Saturday, Keatings was playing well there before that.

Wasn't aware of the injury - so clearly, if true, we wouldn't sign him.

Not sure why people even mention Hendo as he's in the Celtic team just now so doubt that will happen.

NL likes to play with wide players so wouldn't surprise me if he brings in someone to play that role when needed.

Iain G
30-08-2016, 09:37 AM
We are 4 wins from 4 and havent even looked like we are going to beaten. 10 goals scored and 2 conceded...

Then we lose McGeough, Fyvie and McGinn to injury and we dont have enough depth of quality, IF there is an opportunity to add quality to the squad we should jump on it

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Then we lose McGeough, Fyvie and McGinn to injury and we dont have enough depth of quality, IF there is an opportunity to add quality to the squad we should jump on it
Tell me one team in the world who could lose their 3 best midfielders and still be strong?

Could barca cope without Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic? No.

Thats very unrealistic and not sustainable for a club in the championship who have reported losses for the past 2 seasons as it is.

You cant build a squad on the basis that would lose all 3 players at once. But if we did lose they 3 we could move to a 4-2-3-1 formation, bartley/martin sitting. Boyle/shinnie/cummings all switching and Holt up top. You can change tactics and formations to suit the players available. Thats why you have a squad...

Iain G
30-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Tell me one team in the world who could lose their 3 best midfielders and still be strong?

Could barca cope without Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic? No.

Thats very unrealistic and not sustainable for a club in the championship who have reported losses for the past 2 seasons as it is.

You cant build a squad on the basis that would lose all 3 players at once. But if we did lose they 3 we could move to a 4-2-3-1 formation, bartley/martin sitting. Boyle/shinnie/cummings all switching and Holt up top. You can change tactics and formations to suit the players available. Thats why you have a squad...

Stop being rational, its no fun on deadline day, we want a big signing ;-) But seriously if Hendo was made available we should sign him up

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Stop being rational, its no fun on deadline day, we want a big signing ;-) But seriously if Hendo was made available we should sign him up

Somebody has to be rational about here :)

Ozyhibby
30-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Somebody has to be rational about here :)
Are Leeann and Neil Lennon being irrational when they are saying they want to bring another 1 or 2 players in?

JDHibs
30-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Are Leeann and Neil Lennon being irrational when they are saying they want to bring another 1 or 2 players in?

From memory Lennon stated he wanted to bring 1 more in, Hateley was named. Who is a RB/CM/RM versatile back up.

Which none of GMS, Commons and Hendo have been mentioned by either NL or LD in the past few weeks, if at all. Its the fans being irrational, not NL or LD.

No idea what the point of your post was...

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Record reporting that D Utd tried to get GMS on loan until Jan but that the player has decided to fight for his place.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 07:32 PM
It has been pointed out on another thread that GMS is out injured until xmas. Forget him.

WhileTheChief..
30-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Weird move by Utd then. I guess they could've used him between Xmas and New Year!

007 Mickey Weir
30-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Record reporting that D Utd tried to get GMS on loan until Jan but that the player has decided to fight for his place.

So is a lie then. The dirty lying rag of a paper DR says.....

brog
30-08-2016, 08:21 PM

We were 4 wins from 4 in the equivalent games last season as well ( substituting relegated team for promoted team ). I don't know if you were at the Pars game but you must have more confidence than me. After they equalised we were in disarray for 10 minutes & Boyle got booked for time wasting in the last minutes. I'm delighted with our start but there's a long way to go & things can change very quickly. I'm old enough to remember us losing our 1st 8 league games in a season & a few weeks later going to the Nou Camp & scoring 4!! That's why we love Hibs!

Weststandwanab
30-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Motherwell looking for £750k for him!

And I a looking have dinner with an Delaney

Hamish
31-08-2016, 01:23 PM
McKinnon might have a bit more to spend as it appears that will receive 600,000 from Hull after Andy Robertson plays 5 more first team matches.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2016, 01:38 PM
McKinnon might have a bit more to spend as it appears that will receive 600,000 from Hull after Andy Robertson plays 5 more first team matches.

Means he will have money to spend NEXT window by which time Hibs will have skooshed the league :cb

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Means he will have money to spend NEXT window by which time Hibs will have skooshed the league :cb
Or they've already skooshed it on those 3 Dutch players.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hamish
31-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Rumours of Charlie Adam going to Celtic on loan.😲

The_Horde
31-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Rumours of Charlie Adam going to Celtic on loan.😲

Charlie, gees a smile.

Would get him back in the Scotland team at least.

hibbie02
31-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Someone on the BBC website quoting: Kris Commons to Hibs by midnight. Player-coach, 99% done. Waiting on Charlie Adam deal going through

northstandhibby
31-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Someone on the BBC website quoting: Kris Commons to Hibs by midnight. Player-coach, 99% done. Waiting on Charlie Adam deal going through

Excellent if true. Class player.

:aok:

GGTTH

hibbie02
31-08-2016, 03:24 PM

Just a gadge, not connected with the Club or BBC.

Allant1981
31-08-2016, 04:24 PM
The rangers have apparently signed senderos, where are they getting the money as he wont be on peanuts

WoreTheGreen
31-08-2016, 04:33 PM
The rangers have apparently signed senderos, where are they getting the money as he wont be on peanuts

In a nutshell yip

Ronniekirk
31-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Am away out for a walk Leeanne has said we are closed for business No one significant out But no one in
I think if we were trying to do some deal she would have said so
If somrone else coms in it wil be a free agent outwith the window
Am not interested who else signs who We have the depth of squad that can win the Leaugue and we have got off to a flier this time so its others now playing catch up

Aldo
31-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Am away out for a walk Leeanne has said we are closed for business No one significant out But no one in I think if we were trying to do some deal she would have said so If somrone else coms in it wil be a free agent outwith the window Am not interested who else signs who We have the depth of squad that can win the Leaugue and we have got off to a flier this time so its others now playing catch up

I'm in the never say never camp Ronnie!

Ronniekirk
31-08-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm in the never say never camp Ronnie!

Well i wont be sitting up to midnight the way i have in the past trawling social media to see who we have signed Am comfortable with Business concluded and will wait to see list of free agents as thats only way we will bring someone else in now Aldo

Aldo
31-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Well i wont be sitting up to midnight the way i have in the past trawling social media to see who we have signed Am comfortable with Business concluded and will wait to see list of free agents as thats only way we will bring someone else in now Aldo

Likewise Ronnie.

Close to lights out for Aldo. Early start

Ronniekirk
31-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Likewise Ronnie.

Close to lights out for Aldo. Early start

Thought you had given up doing the Milk Round. 🤑

jgl07
31-08-2016, 09:09 PM
If Gary MacKay Steven arrives he will have to change his first two names.

I suggest Maradona Messi Steven.
How about Steven Medals?

Greenworld
31-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Henderson to deliver

Ronniekirk
31-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Henderson to deliver

Deliver the milk ?

ElginHibbie
31-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Deliver the milk ?

Yeah, Jason has sent him down to get the milk so they can have a cup of tea seeing as they are rooming while away with U21s

geohibby
31-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Hibs sign innes murray from celtic