PDA

View Full Version : Financial Doping/Charity Theft

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2016, 05:04 AM
I worry that due to the dominance of money in the modern game, it'll be almost impossible for clubs of the modest sitature of Hearts to win a cup again purely by sporting means, and without recourse to this sort of cheating.

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 07:12 AM
I'm sure they would never stoop so low .......

tanfield
29-08-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm sure they would never stoop so low .......

Again......

Bostonhibby
29-08-2016, 08:07 AM
I opened this one thinking it was a poll for yams, it would have been a hard one as they prefer both.

hibsbollah
29-08-2016, 08:19 AM
It is always a poignant and shocking reminder that players of the stature of Gary Mackay, who despite his team's close relationship with the Scottish cup, have actually won LESS silverware than say, Andy McNeil or Chrisy Hogg.

I predict a wee charity fundraiser, followed by a debt restructuring. They 'owe it themselves', surely?

lapsedhibee
29-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Disgraceful disrespect being shown to our neighbours. As punishment, suggest you tune in to BBC1 Scotland at 10.40 tonight to see how they won WW1 for us, saved football for all time, etc etc etc

Jack Hackett
29-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Disgraceful disrespect being shown to our neighbours. As punishment, suggest you tune in to BBC1 Scotland at 10.40 tonight to see how they won WW1 for us, saved football for all time, etc etc etc

We are in their debt....:eyes:

:hmmm:

....something about that doesn't seem quiiiite right

Bostonhibby
30-08-2016, 08:18 AM
We are in their debt....:eyes:

:hmmm:

....something about that doesn't seem quiiiite right

Nah, everyone knows they don't do debt as they owed it to themselves.

Except for their creditors, obviously.

GreenLake
30-08-2016, 01:07 PM
It is always a poignant and shocking reminder that players of the stature of Gary Mackay, who despite his team's close relationship with the Scottish cup, have actually won LESS silverware than say, Andy McNeil or Chrisy Hogg.

I predict a wee charity fundraiser, followed by a debt restructuring. They 'owe it themselves', surely?

He may not like this article from the BBC about the popularity of "verbing".

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160825-why-medalling-and-summering-are-so-annoying

jacomo
30-08-2016, 11:08 PM
He may not like this article from the BBC about the popularity of "verbing".

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160825-why-medalling-and-summering-are-so-annoying

It's confusing.

Heartsed it means, on the one hand, to chuck away a winning position through arrogance, cowardice or some other moral failing.

But it could also mean to achieve something through underhand or dishonest means?

Language is indeed complicated and confusing at times.

GreenLake
31-08-2016, 03:59 AM
It's confusing.

Heartsed it means, on the one hand, to chuck away a winning position through arrogance, cowardice or some other moral failing.

But it could also mean to achieve something through underhand or dishonest means?

Language is indeed complicated and confusing at times.

The latest I heard was that "stadiuming" was of verbing popularity in Gorgie. More likely they will be pinking, busing and sheltering again.

GreenLake
31-08-2016, 06:34 AM
Watching Deliverance on Netflix. Kind of reminds me of ending up in Diggers late at night.

Bostonhibby
31-08-2016, 08:00 AM
The latest I heard was that "stadiuming" was of verbing popularity in Gorgie. More likely they will be pinking, busing and sheltering again.
I don't really think we need to adapt or reinvent the English language to deal with the essence of the yams, it already provides us with the word thieving which seems to cover it[emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk