PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Ellis
28-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Can I, on behalf of myself and son, express our sincere thanks for the minute applause at yesterday's game for my daughter Lesley-Ann who died on the 16 August, aged 47. She had been a season ticket holder since 1991.

It was a very poignant moment yet at the same time very heartning for us.

Out thanks also go to The Cat23 who arranged the applause and the Wood and Flaherty families who have been very supportive to both of us. Another example of the Hibernain family coming together when needed.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 09:39 PM
my sincere condolences and I thought the minutes applause was very nice and I noticed the Greenock Morton support joined in to which was nice. It has been touching to see the support come together and pay collective respect to those who have unfortunately passed on. My deepest sympathies on your loss and I'm sure her memory will live on.

28-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Can I, on behalf of myself and son, express our sincere thanks for the minute applause at yesterday's game for my daughter Leslet-Ann who died on the 16 August, aged 47. She had been a season ticket holder since 1991.

It was a very poignant moment yet at the same time very heartning for us.

Out thanks also go to The Cat23 who arranged the applause and the Wood and Flaherty families who have been very supportive to both of us. Another example of the Hibernain family coming together when needed.

So sorry for your loss, my deepest thoughts to you and your family.

northstandhibby
28-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Saddened to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you. God bless.

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2016, 10:05 PM
So sad to hear about this, and proud of every fan who took part.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Bless you all.
I truly understand what you are going through.

Ergye
28-08-2016, 10:21 PM
God bless.

jabis
28-08-2016, 10:29 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family.

jacomo
28-08-2016, 10:40 PM
2016 does seem to have seen many good people leaving us.

Thoughts are with all Hibs fans who have experienced loss as well as great memories this year.

Thecat23
28-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Fantastic response from every single supporter in the ground. Nice to also see the Morton fans joining the minuets applause!

Ellis I'm sure Lesley-Ann would be watching with that wonderful smile of hers.

Dunbar Hibee
28-08-2016, 11:33 PM
We are all a family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Ellis.

Capt Mainwaring
29-08-2016, 12:08 AM
The Hibernian family stick together. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Hibernia&Alba
29-08-2016, 12:34 AM
Best wishes to all of you at this very difficult time. Losing a daughter or a son must be especially difficult to come to terms with.

monktonharp
29-08-2016, 12:48 AM
a very sad loss for all your family. my thoughts are with you

ekhibee
29-08-2016, 01:21 AM
How tragic for somebody to pass away as young as that, it was the least the fans could do, and they did, almost to a man, woman and child. Credit to the Morton fans as well, it just proves how much more important some things are than football.

Bay Area Hibees
29-08-2016, 03:41 AM
Condolensces. Glad people came together to support your family.

Highland_Hibee
29-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Respect. Sorry for your loss. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talcy
29-08-2016, 11:54 AM
A fitting tribute from the Hibernian Family in the perfect location for Lesley-Ann. Our only hope is that our actions and words provide some comfort and strength to you all Ellis.

Ellis
29-08-2016, 12:20 PM
A fitting tribute from the Hibernian Family in the perfect location for Lesley-Ann. Our only hope is that our actions and words provide some comfort and strength to you all Ellis.

It certainly has talcy and our get together in Behind the Goals before the game was also very therapeutic. When John briefed Mr Petrie and he took the time to come over and sit down beside me and talk about Lesley-Ann was a complete surprise to me.

He could have shook my hand, offered his condolances and then moved on, but instead he spent some time in our company.

brog
29-08-2016, 03:47 PM
I think its unbelievably humbling for you to take the time to come on here & thank us at such a difficult time for you & your family. It's good to hear that the applause was helpful to you all & my sincere condolences on your awful loss.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2016, 04:05 PM
I think its unbelievably humbling for you to take the time to come on here & thank us at such a difficult time for you & your family. It's good to hear that the applause was helpful to you all & my sincere condolences on your awful loss.

Perfectly put B.

Jonnyboy
29-08-2016, 08:09 PM

I agree 100%

Cheshire Hibby
29-08-2016, 08:46 PM

Hear, hear. May I add my condolences.

FranckSuzy
29-08-2016, 10:39 PM

Very much this and my thoughts are with you and the family, Ellis. RIP Lesley-Ann.

Hibrandenburg
31-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Sorry for your loss Ellis, my 7 year old asked me why we were all clapping and I didn't know it was for your daughter. I simply told him it was because "one of us" had passed, he seemed to understand and accept this without further question. RIP Lesley-Ann.