PDA

View Full Version : What price Jason Cummings

Big L
28-08-2016, 06:19 PM
19 yr old Oliver Burke, played 26 times for Notts Forest, scored 6 goals, capped twice just got sold to an Austrian side for £13 Million. What price JC?

Callum7
28-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Priceless.

johnbc70
28-08-2016, 06:25 PM
To be honest have never heard of him, saw a price of £15M when I googled him! He was born in Kirkcaldy!

If we keep hold of Jason we get promoted and he scores similar amount of goals in SPL then who knows.

I think as it stands now you are looking at £3-4M if an English club came in, but that's only because you basically double your prices when an English club come calling.

Apparently a lot of the foreign clubs have an English price for their players and a non English price these days.

bingo70
28-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Every player at every club has their price and I dare say Cummings will be the same. I can't think of a value that would make selling him at this stage worthwhile?

Even if someone was to bid say £5m, what good would that be with so little time to replace him? A £5m cheque won't score 25 goals in a season.

If we've got a decent lead built up by January and we've found a decent replacement by then, then there might be a bid worth considering but for now I don't think there's an amount that would make it worthwhile to sell.

Since90+2
28-08-2016, 06:29 PM
19 yr old Oliver Burke, played 26 times for Notts Forest, scored 6 goals, capped twice just got sold to an Austrian side for £13 Million. What price JC?

He has signed for a German team not Austrian. Incredible amount of money for someone most people has probably never heard of until he was named in the Scotland squad last week.

LustForLeith
28-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I have a feeling a bid or two will come in before the transfer window to test Hibs resolve.

Humo
28-08-2016, 06:44 PM
I still can't believe The Rangers fans thought they would buy him 😂😂

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 06:45 PM
I have a feeling a bid or two will come in before the transfer window to test Hibs resolve.

Let's hope our resolve is strong. We all know he will leave at some point but please, not now

hfc rd
28-08-2016, 06:45 PM

I have the same feeling as well and also possibly for SJM too.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 06:46 PM

You're not alone in feeling this.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2016, 06:46 PM

A bid from Notts Forrest would be intriguing.

Andy74
28-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Burke by all accounts is a pretty special talent. I don't see the point in trying to compare him to Cummings.

trev the hat
28-08-2016, 06:50 PM
A bid from Notts Forrest would be intriguing.

Did they not have a transfer embargo for some reason ?

hfc rd
28-08-2016, 06:59 PM

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36226039

They've already signed a few players during this window

Big_Franck
28-08-2016, 06:59 PM
I think we'd accept £2.5 - 3m for him. That's a huge amount of money to us. We'd still be able to add another striker to our squad after the transfer window closed as long as the player was without a club. Lots of teams release players on the last day of the transfer window and we could maybe pick up a replacement there. We signed Malonga outside the transfer window so it can be done.

kentao
28-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Hopefully no bids come in for Cummings as i have him and Sparky in a golden boot double at 18/1 and its looking good so far.

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:09 PM

Indeed, teams in championship etc sell players that have had a good season and get fees like above. Then they pop up here and with there £10m plus offer clubs like ours £2m to replace the just sold £10m guy.

Jason Cummings is worth £10m all day every day, and if a club sells ad asset for big bucks then they must think the replacement is able to do the same.

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:12 PM
I think we'd accept £2.5 - 3m for him. That's a huge amount of money to us. We'd still be able to add another striker to our squad after the transfer window closed as long as the player was without a club. Lots of teams release players on the last day of the transfer window and we could maybe pick up a replacement there. We signed Malonga outside the transfer window so it can be done.

I would look at the prior business any club who want JC, not happy if sell to clubs getting millions for folk that have had one good season.

If JC though has a clause then that is that.

makaveli1875
28-08-2016, 07:13 PM
cant put a price on the goals he is scoring at the moment , if he keeps this form up he could easily hit 40+ goals this season

Famous Fiver
28-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Pity the big team didn't insert a sell on clause when they told him to bolt!!

You're too wee son, now b*gger off. Oops...................

Big L
28-08-2016, 07:17 PM
I wasn't suggesting we sell Jas, he's far to important to us at this time! I was highlighting the price that some clubs are prepared to pay, and normally the guy that puts the ball in the net is the most valuable. The Chinese as well as the Eng market is just crazy and you just never know!

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2016, 07:17 PM

Well they have 15 million on the hip now.

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:19 PM

Just come up north and ask clubs to bend over while we replace 15m worth of striker for 1.5m.

Shrekko
28-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Surely we have to be starting the bidding at £3 million for Championship teams?

I think we should keep him but it would have to be something mind blowing like that to even consider it.

inglisavhibs
28-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Not enough, imagine we sell him and don't go up. How much will that cost us as a club? Jason should stay and keep improving as he is doing. A move down south will happen and Hibs will cash in big time. Meanwhile just enjoy a special talent.

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Surely we have to be starting the bidding at £3 million for Championship teams?

I think we should keep him but it would have tone something mind blowing like that to even consider it.

This is a subject I feel really strongly about so pissed off with it all. On surface 3m for JC sounds good but it really isn't.

KWJ
28-08-2016, 07:23 PM
He has signed for a German team not Austrian. Incredible amount of money for someone most people has probably never heard of until he was named in the Scotland squad last week.

He came off the bench in the Scotland Denmark game that McGinn played in too. That was when I first heard of him right enough.

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Not enough, imagine we sell him and don't go up. How much will that cost us as a club? Jason should stay and keep improving as he is doing. A move down south will happen and Hibs will cash in big time. Meanwhile just enjoy a special talent.

His fee should be indicitive of the business a buying club has made, 12m for Ross McCormack and we are disussing 2m - 3m. Ffs lets actually start getting paid up here for players.

The_Horde
28-08-2016, 07:24 PM
What price cheese?

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Celtic get good fees for players so the excuse our league isnt great doesn't stand for me. Celtic get good fees simply because they can afford to say no.

Shrekko
28-08-2016, 07:29 PM
This is a subject I feel really strongly about so pissed off with it all. On surface 3m for JC sounds good but it really isn't.
Yeah the fact is if he was playing down south already he'd be attracting bigger bids than that. That Peterborough even had £1.7 to bid says it all.

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Hibs have a 5 million value on him

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

trev the hat
28-08-2016, 07:30 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36226039

They've already signed a few players during this window

Thanks

Captain Trips
28-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah the fact is if he was playing down south already he'd be attracting bigger bids than that. That Peterborough even had £1.7 to bid says it all.

I know its 2nd tier in Scottish football but as far as I am aware the goals are the same size down there

Andy74
28-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I think this discussion is slightly deluded.

Burke is being talked about as potentially another Gareth Bale or Wayne Rooney. Bayern Munich were interested and he has a couple of full caps at 19.

Cummings is good but I think he'd be looking at possibly making it at an English Championship team at some point.

The English market is slightly mad but if European teams thought they might get a bargain here they would do so.

trev the hat
28-08-2016, 07:38 PM

Let's hope they still have it by the end of next week.

bingo70
28-08-2016, 07:45 PM
I think this discussion is slightly deluded.

Burke is being talked about as potentially another Gareth Bale or Wayne Rooney. Bayern Munich were interested and he has a couple of full caps at 19.

Cummings is good but I think he'd be looking at possibly making it at an English Championship team at some point.

The English market is slightly mad but if European teams thought they might get a bargain here they would do so.

Although the op mentioned Burke, I don't think they were comparing the two and I don't think the thread is deluded.

Normally a players value is dictated by what someone is willing to pay, I think the values mentioned in this thread though are reflecting what he's actually worth to Hibs and the possible consequences of not being promoted which is why the figures are so high.

The fact the English transfer market is so nuts just now it also means these ridiculous figures might not actually be that ridiculous.

northstandhibby
28-08-2016, 07:47 PM

Sounds about right to me.

:aok:

Mon the Cabbage

Pedantic_Hibee
28-08-2016, 07:47 PM

You've just made that up, haven't you?

Hermit Crab
28-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Says who? :confused:

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 07:49 PM
It's a release clause valuation I made up

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2016, 07:59 PM
If some crappy wee team from down south want one of our best players then they're gonna have to pay top dollar for him.

£5m.

brog
28-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Jason has just signed a 4 year contract so unlike Rolf over at the PBS his value is not going to drop in the next few months. I have faith in the current stewardship of our club & they will understand there's no point in selling JC for x million if we lose y million by failing to get promoted as a consequence of his sale. At this point we could not effectively replace Jason before the window shuts so I'm confident he'll still be here after Wednesday. Mind you, unless my old memory's playing tricks it's only a few weeks ago that posters on here wanted to bite Peterborough's hand off for their derisory offer.

RyeSloan
28-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Jason has just signed a 4 year contract so unlike Rolf over at the PBS his value is not going to drop in the next few months. I have faith in the current stewardship of our club & they will understand there's no point in selling JC for x million if we lose y million by failing to get promoted as a consequence of his sale. At this point we could not effectively replace Jason before the window shuts so I'm confident he'll still be here after Wednesday. Mind you, unless my old memory's playing tricks it's only a few weeks ago that posters on here wanted to bite Peterborough's hand off for their derisory offer.

Plenty were not fussed if he stayed or went before the season started...pleasing to see he has put a few straight on that thought already [emoji106][emoji106]

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Love the role comment and I agree he is going nowhere unless my imaginary figure of 5 million is met.
If he scores 30 this season then he will go

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Rolf damn predictive

northstandhibby
28-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Love the role comment and I agree he is going nowhere unless my imaginary figure of 5 million is met.
If he scores 30 this season then he will go

That should be very realistic figure at this time. If a bid of that amount came in I would not blame hibernian for taking it, we have to be realistic and could not afford to turn down such a huge amount. However if/wnen we get promoted and he is still banging in the goals then it would be double that amount.

Mon the Cabbage

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 08:23 PM
That should be very realistic figure at this time. If a bid of that amount came in I would not blame hibernian for taking it, we have to be realistic and could not afford to turn down such a huge amount. However if/wnen we get promoted and he is still banging in the goals then it would be double that amount.

Mon the Cabbage
Agreed

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Plenty were not fussed if he stayed or went before the season started...pleasing to see he has put a few straight on that thought already [emoji106][emoji106]

I was one, based partly on his reluctance to sign a new contract, and partly due to me thinking he had a lot of flaws and wasnt ad good as he thought he was. However i also said i wanted him to sign a new deal.

Thus far this season, i think he has improved a number of areas amd looks a much better player. The thing is, is the fact that he has improved so much not prove that those who said he needed to improve were right - obviously lennon and importantly, cumminhs agree.

Despite not being his biggest fan previously, i really dont see what good any (realistic) bid that any team might make would be worth it. We have manageable debt and completed infrastructure - no amount of millions at this stage would help us get promoted the way that cummings will - hetting promoted is more important than money inthe bank to our club.

LustForLeith
28-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Really hope we keep a hold of Cummings for at least this season as I reckon his goals and effort will make a big difference to us. But with some of the money being spent downsouth and the pressure on teams to do well, I wouldn't be surprised if bids started coming in round the £2 million mark.

Rotherham could do with someone getting goals...

erin go bragh
28-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Says who? :confused:

Neil Lennon mentioned 5m . So I'm guessing, that's where the poster is getting it from .

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 09:33 PM
We just have to be resolute. He can't be sold now and he is still young and I'm sure we can command a good fee at the end of this season or next

Andy74
28-08-2016, 09:36 PM

Mon the Cabbage

So to be straight you are saying that Cummings might leave Hibs for £10m in the next year or so?

I think one or two have had a head start on the alcohol front this weekend.

greenlex
28-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Pity the big team didn't insert a sell on clause when they told him to bolt!!

You're too wee son, now b*gger off. Oops...................

It was nothing to do with his size but their unwillingness to pay to get him fit after injury. Physio and rehab cost money.

northstandhibby
28-08-2016, 09:41 PM
So to be straight you are saying that Cummings might leave Hibs for £10m in the next year or so?

I think one or two have had a head start on the alcohol front this weekend.

I'm pretty sure I said if he is still with the Hi bees next season in the Premiership and still banging in the goals his value could be around that mark.

It would be a realistic transfer value if he is scoring regularly in the Premiership. Do you disagree?

Mon the Cabbage

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Without reading the whole thread... Right now? £5m with that fee rising. Once we're back in the "big league" and he's banged in over 20 goals in his first season. I'd say £7m.

Money is ridiculous down south so if they want our players they've got to come up with top dollar. I'd settle for 4 years of 25+ goals and him leaving for free over us accepting a pathetic bid from Huddersfield or Burton Albion type club

Andy74
28-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I said if he is still with the Hi bees next season in the Premiership and still banging in the goals his value could be around that mark.

It would be a realistic transfer value if he is scoring regularly in the Premiership. Do you disagree?

Mon the Cabbage

Yes I very much disagree.

lucky
28-08-2016, 09:45 PM
I still think £1.7m was decent for JC( so does NL) but I'm not sure Hibs would knock back £2m if the deal was all upfront. Peterborough's offer was structured over 3 years and based on JC performances. I'd love him to stay or someone offer £5m for him but I can't see it happening for at least 2 years

northstandhibby
28-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Yes I very much disagree.

Fair enough.

Mon the Cabbage

Andy74
28-08-2016, 09:48 PM
I still think £1.7m was decent for JC( so does NL) but I'm not sure Hibs would knock back £2m if the deal was all upfront. Peterborough's offer was structured over 3 years and based on JC performances. I'd love him to stay or someone offer £5m for him but I can't see it happening for at least 2 years

Kane Hemmings scored 20 plus goals for Dundee and went for 250k. Folk are off their nuts if they think English teams are going to think of paying £5m plus just because players score goals up here.

northstandhibby
28-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Kane Hemmings scored 20 plus goals for Dundee and went for 250k. Folk are off their nuts if they think English teams are going to think of paying £5m plus just because players score goals up here.

Players are only worth what another team will pay for them. Consistent goalscorers are very hard to come by. JC is a goal machine. Why let another team steal him for a pittance. 5 million is my estimate at this point in time.

Hope he stays though, could be worth double that if scoring regularly in the Premier.

Mon the Cabbage

SaulGoodman
28-08-2016, 09:53 PM
On a side note, 19 year old and moving to Austria! What a dreadful move for him imo

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-08-2016, 09:54 PM
30+ this season
20+ next in the prem
Sell for £5mill with two years left on his contract.
Easy

Austinho
28-08-2016, 09:56 PM
On a side note, 19 year old and moving to Austria! What a dreadful move for him imo
It's Red Bull Leipzig he's gone to, not Red Bull Salzburg - he'll (Oliver Burke) be playing in the German Bundesliga.

SaulGoodman
28-08-2016, 09:58 PM
It's Red Bull Leipzig he's gone to, not Red Bull Salzburg - he'll (Oliver Burke) be playing in the German Bundesliga.

Wasn't really thinking about it team-wise. Was more just thinking that it's a long way from home, family, friends etc.. We've seen grown men struggle to adapt, nevermind a 19 year old, hope it works out for him.

ian cruise
28-08-2016, 10:04 PM

Hemming had a release clause so Dundee were powerless. What Jason goes for when he eventually does whether it's this season or another will largely be dictated by whatever release clause is in the new contract, I can't imagine there isn't one.

Andy74
28-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Hemming had a release clause so Dundee were powerless. What Jason goes for when he eventually does whether it's this season or another will largely be dictated by whatever release clause is in the new contract, I can't imagine there isn't one.

No it will be dictated by what clubs think he is worth. If he has a £5m release clause there is absolutely no chance anyone would go for that.

As Lennon said £1.7 m was probably fair but we want him to stay. Talk of £5m is ludicrous never mind the £10 m some are suggesting even if he scores regularly in the top league. You'd get Griifiths for way less that that!

leither17
28-08-2016, 10:14 PM
No it will be dictated by what clubs think he is worth. If he has a £5m release clause there is absolutely no chance anyone would go for that.

As Lennon said £1.7 m was probably fair but we want him to stay. Talk of £5m is ludicrous never mind the £10 m some are suggesting even if he scores regularly in the top league. You'd get Griifiths for way less that that!

5 million for Griffths and Celtic would sell in a second

TheGreenMan
28-08-2016, 10:18 PM

So we should just wait this season, sell JC to an English club for £5m then buy Sparky back for £5m. Sorted.

ian cruise
28-08-2016, 10:18 PM

Valid point, a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay, however if there's a release clause then we don't have to sell until it's met. If it is met then decision is out of our hands, that's the point I was making, albeit poorly.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-08-2016, 10:19 PM

Ye hink? Absolutely no chance they'd sell for that.

Nae wonder our game is ****ed. We're talking about a player scoring 40 goals a season and playing in the champs league and we don't think he's worth 5m?? Jordan Rhodes left a team in League one for £8m about 5 years ago. Our top flight is equal to if not greater than the bloody English league one!!

leither17
28-08-2016, 10:21 PM
I don't agree with the prices but it's just going by what Spl players have went for in the past. Maybe Burke will be the start of us getting fair prices

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Not as nuts as the English transfer system, clubs are paying 2 or 3 times what players are worth and as somebody else said every club on the continent is sticking at least a third onto the asking price as soon as they hear an English club is on the phone. Why should we be any different?

If Red Bull anywhere town across the North sea want him the price is 2 million ..... If United City FC from England want him its 4.5 to 5 million, that's the line I would want to see Hibs take.

Context ..... We got 3 million quid for Steven Fletcher 6 years ago when English football was only filthy rich instead of being disgustingly rich as it is now and he never played a season for Hibs where he got near to 20 league goals, not only that, but just like Jason he was hideously one footed.

Time For Heroes
28-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Really surprised at the Burke deal, seen him a few times and didnt rate him. A couple of Forest season ticket holders reckon he's average at best. Time will tell I suppose.

jacomo
28-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Apparently a lot of the foreign clubs have an English price for their players and a non English price these days.

Doesn't surprise me.

Does seem to surprise Arsene Wenger though.

jacomo
28-08-2016, 11:47 PM
I was one, based partly on his reluctance to sign a new contract, and partly due to me thinking he had a lot of flaws and wasnt ad good as he thought he was. However i also said i wanted him to sign a new deal.

Thus far this season, i think he has improved a number of areas amd looks a much better player. The thing is, is the fact that he has improved so much not prove that those who said he needed to improve were right - obviously lennon and importantly, cumminhs agree.

Despite not being his biggest fan previously, i really dont see what good any (realistic) bid that any team might make would be worth it. We have manageable debt and completed infrastructure - no amount of millions at this stage would help us get promoted the way that cummings will - hetting promoted is more important than money inthe bank to our club.

This doesn't prove your point at all.

Everyone said he needed to improve - that's what good young players do.

This is why wanting rid of him was nonsense.

Highland_Hibee
29-08-2016, 12:05 AM
I somehow see the eventual fee falling some way short of our record transfer. I reckon a fee around 3 million is accepted in a couple of years time. As has been said though he is our Jas for now and he says he wants to get us promoted. Let's just enjoy a superb talent while we have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
29-08-2016, 12:12 AM
Every player at every club has their price and I dare say Cummings will be the same. I can't think of a value that would make selling him at this stage worthwhile?

Even if someone was to bid say £5m, what good would that be with so little time to replace him? A £5m cheque won't score 25 goals in a season.

If we've got a decent lead built up by January and we've found a decent replacement by then, then there might be a bid worth considering but for now I don't think there's an amount that wou ld make it worthwhile to sell.I have not read a lot of the posts on this, but I would imagine that Hibernian would not refuse a decent "English " price for Cummings and I would not blame them. If 1.7 million from Peterboro is fairly true as previously suggested then silly money of 2.5M upwards can not be refused. I do have the feeling that he or John McGinn might be offski, before the window closes. would be sad, but we are where we are, and even when we were a top league club we could not hold players back if good money was involved. I think back to the 2007 team, when retaining them would have given us a real chance to do good things.

number9dream
29-08-2016, 03:15 AM
Don't know much about Burke but really hope it works out for him. A move to Germany is bold and Scotland really needs a star or two to emerge... If Gauld can get regular game time on loan at Setubal then he could be ready to step up to the senior national side soon - with McGinn & maybe one day Cummings if he keeps banging them in.
Shame Jack Harper isn't featuring for Brighton but he's still only 20 or so.

green day
29-08-2016, 05:41 AM
It would be dreadful if JC was sold in the next 3 days, regardless of the price.

We would have no time to replace a striker who is on course to hit 25 goals this vital season.

I can't quite believe there are fans on here saying "£3m would do it" or similar.

Will it do next May if we don't get promoted???

We need JC and SJM to stay, and unless someone offered radge cash and allowed him to stay on loan for this season, it's ridiculous to even contemplate otherwise.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2016, 05:54 AM
You can spend a fortune on zero in Englsnd. In reality it's just daft TV money circulating between nonsense clubs.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2016, 06:03 AM
It would be dreadful if JC was sold in the next 3 days, regardless of the price.

We would have no time to replace a striker who is on course to hit 25 goals this vital season.

I can't quite believe there are fans on here saying "£3m would do it" or similar.

Will it do next May if we don't get promoted???

We need JC and SJM to stay, and unless someone offered radge cash and allowed him to stay on loan for this season, it's ridiculous to even contemplate otherwise.

And why would we disrupt the team arguably more so than the Allan affair?

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2016, 07:09 AM
You can spend a fortune on zero in Englsnd. In reality it's just daft TV money circulating between nonsense clubs.

Exactly. So they'll no miss a decent chunk of it coming North to secure a top talent!

I'm fairly relaxed about the situation. I think he'll see out the season with us but if he does go this week I still think the squad has enough goals in it to win the league.

It's not as if another team has an equally prolific scorer that we're living in fear of.

Stay or go, the league will be ours.

Unseen work
29-08-2016, 07:48 AM
For me the fact he is Jason Cummings make him more expensive than other players.

He has a swagger, is very well known due to goals in high profile games that are shown on BT or Sky, comments he's made, scoring for Scotland.

It's not like Baird who scores quite a lot for Falkirk and no one is interested in.

Cummings is young, bags of potential and a rawness that teams like. He could be a massive gem for a lot of team and even if he doesn't play well he seems to score, every game.

Let's stop playing down our youngsters and start bigging them up.

Hermit Crab
29-08-2016, 08:03 AM

Agree :agree:, 2M max for a player who's untested in the top league in Scotland. Cloud cuckoo land for some on here.

JimBHibees
29-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Agree :agree:, 2M max for a player who's untested in the top league in Scotland. Cloud cuckoo land for some on here.

Yet we have already turned down 1.7m. We dont need to sell so we wont until it suits us. The money in England is a farce so not totally outwith the realms we would get 2.5m to 3m. Also he has scored for fun against supposedly top teams in Scotland so definitely proven at that level.

HappyHanlon
29-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Celtc come a calling.

3.5 million plus Hendo

Hermit Crab
29-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Celtc come a calling.

3.5 million plus Hendo

Celtic have put a 400k price tag on hendo meaning they'd be paying 3.1M for Cummings when they have Griffiths, Sinclair rogic and the likes. No chance imo. Brendan Rogers will set his sights higher when it comes to purchasing players than raiding Scottish championship teams.

Hermit Crab
29-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Yet we have already turned down 1.7m. We dont need to sell so we wont until it suits us. The money in England is a farce so not totally outwith the realms we would get 2.5m to 3m. Also he has scored for fun against supposedly top teams in Scotland so definitely proven at that level.

He has not played a full season against spl teams so he's unproven. We may well get 2M plus add ons but this talk of 5-10M is ludicrous and quite frankly jamboesque. They rated that numpty driver at the same price some are quoting for Cummings.

JimBHibees
29-08-2016, 08:37 AM
He has not played a full season against spl teams so he's unproven. We may well get 2M plus add ons but this talk of 5-10M is ludicrous and quite frankly jamboesque. They rated that numpty driver at the same price some are quoting for Cummings.

He has played regularly against premiership teams and scored against most of them so definitely proven. Is someone who does well at European level such as Champs league or Europa league not proven just because they dont play a full season against these teams? The club should be indicating high figures especially at this stage of the window because we dont need to sell and he is on a long contract and the other club may be desperate to get someone in the door and may pay over the odds.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2016, 08:42 AM
They also rated Craig Gordon at £9m and got it.

If we as a club show as much swagger as JC then we'll get a ridiculously high fee for him.

JimBHibees
29-08-2016, 08:46 AM

A very important point in that case.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 08:47 AM

In January you said it was unlikely Hibs would get £1.5m for Cummings and would have sold him for £900k.

We have already rejected a bid of £1.7m for him so you will have to forgive me if I give no credence to your opinion on his potential sale value.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-08-2016, 10:29 AM
In January you said it was unlikely Hibs would get £1.5m for Cummings and would have sold him for £900k.

We have already rejected a bid of £1.7m for him so you will have to forgive me if I give no credence to your opinion on his potential sale value.

In hermit crab's defence, the contaract situatiob in january was very different to what it is now, and will hugely change values

JDHibs
29-08-2016, 10:42 AM
To us? Hes priceless at the moment. No matter what price we get now, we wont be able to bring in anyone else who will score 25+ goals this season.

Another season, 70+ goals in 3 seasons? he will be worth over £2m. Any day. However, if he stays and scores 20+ in the premiership, EASILY £3m plus as he would still have 2 years left on his deal.

Problem is who he is playing against this season, and who hes playing with. We are head and shoulders above any other team in this league, and the defenders hes against arent exactly Maldini.

He will always be downgraded by most because hes scoring goals in this division, but he can only score against whos put infront of him and there is no denying the lad has an eye for goal.

People who are quoting figures between £5m-£10m need a reality check. Thats just ridiculous. You would be lucky if Griffiths was worth £5m up here.

hibbysam
29-08-2016, 10:44 AM
In hermit crab's defence, the contaract situatiob in january was very different to what it is now, and will hugely change values

A bit like Hemmings then who keeps getting brought up on this thread. There is absolutely no reason at all for us to say "Ach well aye we will take £2m", JC has just signed a 4 year deal, probably on a very good wage, and is a goalscorer. All of these things considered we should have an automated reply of "No deal" to each and every bid. Next season once he's clearly banged another 25-30 goals this season and put us back into the top league, we can then consider selling for a reasonable amount of which WE want to accept, and not accept some derisory first offer from someone thinking we are a soft touch. We will then have time to invest that money in the playing squad as a whole as well as write off some of the money we will have lost these last 3 seasons.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2016, 10:50 AM
A bit like Hemmings then who keeps getting brought up on this thread. There is absolutely no reason at all for us to say "Ach well aye we will take £2m", JC has just signed a 4 year deal, probably on a very good wage, and is a goalscorer. All of these things considered we should have an automated reply of "No deal" to each and every bid. Next season once he's clearly banged another 25-30 goals this season and put us back into the top league, we can then consider selling for a reasonable amount of which WE want to accept, and not accept some derisory first offer from someone thinking we are a soft touch. We will then have time to invest that money in the playing squad as a whole as well as write off some of the money we will have lost these last 3 seasons.

Bang on !

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 10:58 AM

He had 18 months left on his contract in January. It wouldn't hugely change the value as a club is not going to wait 18 months to get a player.

Captain Trips
29-08-2016, 11:21 AM
£7m+ all day every day.

Waxy
29-08-2016, 11:21 AM
If he scores near on 40 this season, the bidding war will be immense next summer and we'll still not need to sell.

Captain Trips
29-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Look at Fletcher we get 3m, he has one season with Burnley scoring 8 from 35 and they double their money on him!

That was 7years ago and the money has just gone crazier. It really is come up here replace your player you sold for an outrageous amount and get somebody in for pocket money.

7m all day.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 11:48 AM
I would not be surprised if there is a release clause in his contract that is set at a value alot less than some folk on here are suggesting.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2016, 11:54 AM
I would not be surprised if there is a release clause in his contract that is set at a value alot less than some folk on here are suggesting.

Supposition?

hibs0666
29-08-2016, 11:56 AM

It would not surprise me if there was no release clause. In fact I'd be surprised if there was a a release clause, and hugely surprised if the value of any release clause was low.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 11:59 AM
It would not surprise me if there was no release clause. In fact I'd be surprised if there was a a release clause, and hugely surprised if the value of any release clause was low.

He only signed on the basis Hibs would not stand in his way if a decent offer came in and Hibs made him top earner at the club on the realisation he would not be with us long term. It would not surprise me if his agent asked for a release clause.

I guess time will tell.

Scouse Hibee
29-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Some of the estimations of Jason's potential value are astounding, someone said £10m! Celtic will get £30m for Griffiths then.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Some of the estimations of Jason's potential value are astounding, someone said £10m! Celtic will get £30m for Griffiths then.

Yup. Anything around 3 million and he is off IMO.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 12:02 PM
He only signed on the basis Hibs would not stand in his way if a decent offer came in and Hibs made him top earner at the club on the realisation he would not be with us long term. It would not surprise me if his agent asked for a release clause.

I guess time will tell.

Have Hibs ever had a release clause in a player's contract?

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Have Hibs ever had a release clause in a player's contract?

No idea.

bingo70
29-08-2016, 12:07 PM

To be fair, the prices being quoted are in context of what it would take to make it worthwhile selling and then looking at the English transfer market just now.

I don't think anybody is suggesting for a second we'll sell him for that amount.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 12:08 PM
They also rated Craig Gordon at £9m and got it.

If we as a club show as much swagger as JC then we'll get a ridiculously high fee for him.

Gordon was a full Scotland international who had won player of the year twice in the top league before moving down south. Not really comparable.

29-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Hearts got 1.8m for Sow so there is crazy money out there and teams that have the money to ridiculously over spend. Unless someone comes in the window with an utterly crazy amount of money £3m+ or so the hibs wont sell JC. His goals this season will be too valuable.

FWIW Jason is worth nowhere near £3m, certainly not at the moment anyway. He most certainly isn't worth £5-10m like some folk on here are suggesting. Its worth remembering the level he is playing at as well. Although he can only score against what is put in front of him, he's still only playing against weaker defences.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Gordon was a full Scottish international who had one player of the year twice in the top league before moving down south. Not really comparable.

But on the same note, 2007 transfer fees are not really comparable to 2016.

cocopops1875
29-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Burke by all accounts is a pretty special talent. I don't see the point in trying to compare him to Cummings.

So was Feruz

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 12:17 PM
But on the same note, 2007 transfer fees are not really comparable to 2016.

True but we are taking about a player here that plays in the Scottish second tier who has never been capped. It's fantasy to think we will get anything close to 9 million.

Speedy
29-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Wasn't really thinking about it team-wise. Was more just thinking that it's a long way from home, family, friends etc.. We've seen grown men struggle to adapt, nevermind a 19 year old, hope it works out for him.

Could be the best time to move. Lots of people do it for uni at that age and he's already spent a lot of time away from home.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Not saying he'd go for anything near £9m. My point was that Hearts got the price that they wanted.

We can do the same.

jacomo
29-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Look at Fletcher we get 3m, he has one season with Burnley scoring 8 from 35 and they double their money on him!

That was 7years ago and the money has just gone crazier. It really is come up here replace your player you sold for an outrageous amount and get somebody in for pocket money.

7m all day.

:agree:

If you have a player that interests clubs in the English Championship or above then it opens the door to crazy money.

Frankly, this is the best hope Hibs have of benefiting from huge TV cash.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 12:28 PM
True but we are taking about a player here that plays in the Scottish second tier who has never been capped. It's fantasy to think we will get anything close to 9 million.

I think you have missed the point of his post.

Dr What If?
29-08-2016, 12:44 PM
As much as I like the idea of Hibs building a side that will be together for years, developing and getting stronger together - I must confess I don't think we are there yet. The fact that this thread is open suggests not too many others think so too.
Going slightly off piste, I remember when we built the training centre, I thought this was the dawn of a new era for Hibernian. The centre would improve the players we had and would provide the perfect nursery to develop young talent....I just feared that if we didn't have the staff in place it would be like putting me in a formula one car....yes it can go fast, just not with me at the wheel.
We are still a selling club and the level of talent coming through is not prolifically good enough to keep the club at the level we need to be. When we do sell I hope we invest in quality coaches, psychologists, physios, teachers, etc. I want to see that conveyor belt start to churn out quality talent ready for the first team, talent as good as anything the OF can produce. The OF still scout the best kids, they just never play them - if we could invest proper money, get our facilities and scouting to their level then we will be some outfit. Maybe we wont match their ability to sign £1m players, we don't have to, just the 11 players they put on the pitch.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 12:49 PM
I think you have missed the point of his post.

I don't think I have to be honest. Clubs will only pay what they think a player is worth and some of the figures suggested for a player who plays in the Scottish Championship and who has not yet even made the senior international squad are madness.

It's irrelevant how much money Craig Gordon was sold for as the situations are not comparable.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 01:08 PM
I don't think I have to be honest. Clubs will only pay what they think a player is worth and some of the figures suggested for a player who plays in the Scottish Championship and who has not yet even made the senior international squad are madness.

It's irrelevant how much money Craig Gordon was sold for as the situations are not comparable.

You clearly don't get it if you think the post was comparing the amount Gordon was sold for with Cummings value.

The point is that English club's often make lowball bids for players in Scotland as most clubs need to sell. The poster was highlighting that Hearts valued Gordon highly, held out and got a figure which most people would have seen as a "madness" prior to the deal happening.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 01:14 PM
You clearly don't get it if you think the post was comparing the amount Gordon was sold for with Cummings value.

The point is that English club's often make lowball bids for players in Scotland as most clubs need to sell. The poster was highlighting that Hearts valued Gordon highly, held out and got a figure which most people would have seen as a "madness" prior to the deal happening.

Hearts were able to hold out for a high offer because as mentioned they had a player who had won player of the year in Scotland twice and had already played for his country about 20 times.

We are not in that position with JC therefore we won't be able to hold out for a "madness" price.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Hearts were able to hold out for a high offer because as mentioned they had a player who had won player of the year in Scotland twice and had already played for his country about 20 times.

We are not in that position with JC therefore we won't be able to hold out for a "madness" price.

The fact the club have rejected bids suggests we are in a position to hold out for a higher offer.

hibbysam
29-08-2016, 01:25 PM

So let's sell on the cheap because Cummings hadn't quite managed to get a game for Scotland.. Tosh.

Hibs will get top dollar for JC if/when he scores another 25/30 goals this season as he has the potential to be a very good centre forward. He scores goals nearly every game he plays, whether that is against Albion Rovers, QOTS, Falkirk, Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen, he does it. He also has a swagger that top players need and loves a big game. Hibs can pick the price they want and let the bidding war commence next season. JC is going nowhere this year.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 01:34 PM
The fact the club have rejected bids suggests we are in a position to hold out for a higher offer.

Nobody is suggesting that we sell on the cheap but let's be realistic when talking about his valuation.

We are a selling club and if a decent bid ,IMO in the region of 3 million , comes in he will be sold.

How much do you think Hibs can realistically expect to receive while he plays in the Championship?

northstandhibby
29-08-2016, 01:34 PM

I would estimate Leigh should be in the 20-30 million mark.

Mon the Cabbage

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Nobody is suggesting that we sell on the cheap but let's be realistic when talking about his valuation.

We are a selling club and if a decent bid ,IMO in the region of 3 million , comes in he will be sold.

How much do you think Hibs can realistically expect to receive while he plays in the Championship?

The posts were not talking about his valuation, they were discussing Hibs showing the confidence and strength to hold out for a price the club wanted. (Like Hearts did with Gordon)

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 01:48 PM
The posts were not talking about his valuation, they were discussing Hibs showing the confidence and strength to hold out for a price the club wanted. (Like Hearts did with Gordon)

Every club will naturally hold out to get the highest price they possibly can for players. I would have thought that was pretty obvious.

The Gordon situation due to the reasons previously stated is not comparable so has no relevance to the current market value of Jason Cummings.

CapitalGreen
29-08-2016, 01:54 PM
The Gordon situation due to the reasons previously stated is not comparable so has no relevance to the current market value of Jason Cummings.

Nobody was saying the current market values were comparable.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-08-2016, 02:06 PM

The huns got a good price for liam mcleod (?) I remember.

Its all academic - more than most things, the 'value' of a player is highly subjective amd depends on numerous factors. How much we can expect is irrelevant, because i genuinely believe that no amount (bar an astronomical bid) would be accepted until at least next summer because cash in the bank is of far less value than his goals to us this season.

If i was cummings agent, instead of a release clause, i would have asked fpr a 5-10% cut of any future fee.

Since90+2
29-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Nobody was saying the current market values were comparable.

I'm aware of that.

brog
29-08-2016, 03:40 PM
There's 2 sides to every transfer deal. Posters are (correctly) saying Jason is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him. Conversely he'll only be sold if we receive what we think he's worth to us. There's no point in selling him for £2m if we fail to get promoted & lose £2m as a result. The Rangers & particularly Celtc have milked sales to the English market extremely effectively in recent years. I believe we have the Chief Executive in place to ensure we get proper compensation for JC, if & when we finally sell him & I very much doubt that will be this window.
PS, anyone heard of Kemar Roofe? Transferred to Leeds from Oxford for £3m. He's 23 y.o. & played for top teams like Northampton, Cheltenham & Colchester before 1 decent season at Oxford resulted in his transfer.