PDA

View Full Version : Morton Supporters Views Of Hibs After The Game

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Lifted from their fans forum after our 4-0 victory:

"Hibs are going to stroll this division"

"These guys are easily top flight standard"

"There is no shame in losing to Hibs, who are easily one of the best six squads in Scotland"

"No one expects to go to Easter Road and win"

"I don't think we'll be the only team to take a doing off of Hibs this season - they look a really good team for this level"

"Men against boys"

"Hibs will stroll this division"

"Bigger, stronger in every position"

"Hibs should stroll the Championship"

"Hibs could have played without a goalkeeper and still won comfortably"

"We got gubbed by the better team"

Hibernia&Alba
28-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Pleasing. Morton fans know their fitba.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Anyone else read the opening post and think it was a quote from one single post, until it had mentioned "Hibs are going to stroll this division" for the second time in about five sentences? :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Anyone else read the opening post and think it was a quote from one single post, until it had mentioned "Hibs are going to stroll this division" for the second time in about five sentences? :greengrin

Funny, but I really didn't notice this repeat, even though I posted it. Lol

DaveF
28-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Nice praise but we have a long way to go before any titles are won.

The Captain....
28-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Always interesting to read things from the perspective of another team's fans.

We seem to be settling the new players quickly, getting our important players back from niggling injuries and have found a gem in Shinnie. I think there is still a lot more to come from this Hibs team. A long time since I've seen us dominate a team like that at ER (in fact it was probably the 4-0 a couple of years ago against Rangers, which is a pleasing recollection). Was a great days football yesterday...thoroughly enjoyable.

Glory Lurker
28-08-2016, 06:00 PM

This. Keep heids screwed on.

Golden Bear
28-08-2016, 06:06 PM

Absolutely correct. Momentum continues to be the key word.

xyz23jc
28-08-2016, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=DaveF;4804743]Nice praise but we have a long way to go before any titles are won.[/Q

This. 100%. Hope Lennon is telling them similar. Great result and going well at the moment! Keep it up boys!:agree:

LustForLeith
28-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Noticed a couple of Morton fans applauding towards the West stand yesterday as they left, thought at the time they were showing their appreciation.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Good thing is though we have a manager who will keep the players heads tuned in. Do this and we will be fine

killie-hibby
28-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Funny, but I really didn't notice this repeat, even though I posted it. Lol

You didn,t notice repeats because there are none.Read the quotes again and you will see three which are similar,but not identical.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2016, 07:23 PM
You didn,t notice repeats because there are none.Read the quotes again and you will see three which are similar,but not identical.

I know they're not identical but it's unlikely that the same person would say pretty much the same thing within the space of a few lines.

I thought at first the OP was quoting one particular post on a Morton forum.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Worth noting that Morton were unbeaten before Saturday and had looked quite impressive pre-season. We dismantled them as if they weren't there. Positive sign.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Worth noting that Morton were unbeaten before Saturday and had looked quite impressive pre-season. We dismantled them as if they weren't there. Positive sign.

:agree: They topped their League Cup group and have beaten Kilmarnock and Hamilton in the competition, both games away from home.

killie-hibby
28-08-2016, 07:49 PM
I know they're not identical but it's unlikely that the same person would say pretty much the same thing within the space of a few lines.

I thought at first the OP was quoting one particular post on a Morton forum.

I am now very ashamed of my pedantic post. I will eradicate all memory of it by over indulging in a bottle of OVD .

Jonnyboy
28-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Their match report is also very complimentary

http://gmfc.net/2016/08/27/match-report-hibs-4-0-morton/

Kojock
28-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Their match report is also very complimentary

http://gmfc.net/2016/08/27/match-report-hibs-4-0-morton/

Fair play to the report writer. That account would not have looked out of place on the official Hibs site.

SonOfDavidFrancey
28-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Swallows, summers etc. A great start and many
Promising signs. Worth noting that the 4 teams we have played are all in the bottom 5 - maybe that's because they have had to play us or maybe Queens, Utd and Raith will prove more challenging.

MB62
29-08-2016, 09:55 AM
I thought Hibs were superb on Saturday and that was 4-0 going on double that at least.
Andrew Shinnie made a huge difference in the midfield and his willingness to get forward at every opportunity will see him score a fair amount of goals for us this season, something we have been screaming out for from our midfield.
There is a more hard steely look about the team under Lennon than there was under Stubbs and the players just looked as though they believed they were too good for Morton and went out and PROVED it, something that has not always happened in the past.
It might well be early days but you can only go out and beat the opposition that's in front of you and that's exactly what the players have done.
There's maybe bigger tests in front of us but after that performance on Saturday, and as importantly, the attitude, I have a really good feeling for this season.

JDHibs
29-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Its only 4 games into the season.

Pretty sure we went on a 27 game unbeaten run last season, didnt help us in the league in the end!

Lets just keep going about our business professionally and efficiently like we are. Build up a big points gap, win the league in March and then we can all relax.

In saying that, I would love nothing more than to beat the ****s Record points total for winning this league, just another thing that they cant bring up again.

brog
29-08-2016, 10:11 AM
I thought Hibs were superb on Saturday and that was 4-0 going on double that at least.
Andrew Shinnie made a huge difference in the midfield and his willingness to get forward at every opportunity will see him score a fair amount of goals for us this season, something we have been screaming out for from our midfield.
There is a more hard steely look about the team under Lennon than there was under Stubbs and the players just looked as though they believed they were too good for Morton and went out and PROVED it, something that has not always happened in the past.
It might well be early days but you can only go out and beat the opposition that's in front of you and that's exactly what the players have done.
There's maybe bigger tests in front of us but after that performance on Saturday, and as importantly, the attitude, I have a really good feeling for this season.

I 100% agree from Saturday but IMO that's our 1st really good home display. We lost in Europe ( almost acceptable ), in LC to Q of S ( not acceptable ) & we were far from convincing, a tad fortunate I thought, versus Pars. I hope Saturday's the way forward & that NL has quickly realised you don't play 3 centre backs at home in this division now that Yams & Sevco have departed. I agree that Shinnie's arrival, the first signing this season that really pleased me, will be the catalyst for better things.

JimBHibees
29-08-2016, 10:36 AM
I 100% agree from Saturday but IMO that's our 1st really good home display. We lost in Europe ( almost acceptable ), in LC to Q of S ( not acceptable ) & we were far from convincing, a tad fortunate I thought, versus Pars. I hope Saturday's the way forward & that NL has quickly realised you don't play 3 centre backs at home in this division now that Yams & Sevco have departed. I agree that Shinnie's arrival, the first signing this season that really pleased me, will be the catalyst for better things.

Agree Shinnie's arrival contributed hugely to our creative play and Fyvie back who played a great game and also Bartley fitter and stronger breaking up the play well. Holt was very good and created a lot and will score a few this season. The presence of Graham will provide great competition and his header was terrific. All in all an ideal day apart from Bartley looking like he was injured again.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2016, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=DaveF;4804743]Nice praise but we have a long way to go before any titles are won.[/Q

This. 100%. Hope Lennon is telling them similar. Great result and going well at the moment! Keep it up boys!:agree:

If I was Lennon I'd be telling them to relax in George Street with some sleazy women, lines of Ching and pints of frothing ale, and drumming into them that we will stroll this league as we are the Scottish Cup champions and the rest are insignificant make weights.