PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Goals food

fife hfc
28-08-2016, 02:50 PM
The catering has changed for behind the goals and granted the pie was better but the prices need to be looked at. Bought pie and chips(very small portion) for me and my boy and it cost £9 it's almost double the price I was paying previously. Went to BTGs as it was cheap (not best food) and I can get my son while I have a pint. Even the pies on offer were some strange creations and can't understand why they changed it as it suited the clientele better.

Onceinawhile
28-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I went for two cans of coke and it came to 2.40 (expensive, but fine) but they had no change. At all. Ridiculous.

HibeesLittleHel
28-08-2016, 03:02 PM
I am a regular at BTG as I take my 3 kids. Last season pie and Chips £3.00 - £3.50. Decent steak and gravy pie and helping of chips. Yesterday the prices had ramped up by 29% Pies are nice but £3.50 each? "Come on!"

These needs to be an appreciation of bearable expenditure by the club. I am happy to pay reasonable prices i.e. £2.00 for a hot pie or £3.50 with chips but not feel ripped off!!

Golden Bear
28-08-2016, 03:06 PM
They had sample pies on offer at the Dunfermline game so maybe there was a favourable reaction from the punters and the Club decided to go with a new supplier?

Kojock
28-08-2016, 03:18 PM
We stopped going a while back as it was a complete shambles, when Hibs took it back inhouse we decided to give it another chance, however it is even worse than before. We worked out that our group over a season spent around £2000 in there, complained to Rod Petrie, Fank Dougan etc but nothing improved. We are now members of the Edinburgh City Social Club (old Loch Inn) and noticed a few BTG regulars in there yesterday as well.

BoomtownHibees
28-08-2016, 03:32 PM
The steak pies that were there before were better and £1.50 cheaper than the ones there yesterday

HFC 0-7
29-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Thought the pies were not very good on Saturday and there was nothing for kids. They should have burgers, hot dogs and pizzas for the kids in there. Hope its not going to be like that every week now.

High-On-Hibs
29-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Always best to have something before or after the game. I'm all for giving the club more funds. But not if i'm being ripped off for a basic pie and a small handful of chips, especially when the standard isn't that good.

scooby
29-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Thought the pies were not very good on Saturday and there was nothing for kids. They should have burgers, hot dogs and pizzas for the kids in there. Hope its not going to be like that every week now.

Agree, nothing on offer for kids which needs to be addressed. It surely can't be difficult to offer a simple range of quality food to cater for everyone. Why don't hibs bring this completely in house and do it themselves?

staunchhibby
29-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Buy my pies before going to football.Get them at Boghall butchers in Broxburn.Top quality and value for money.Not like the rubbish on sale in the ground at rip off prices.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2016, 04:20 PM
There should be no food behind the goals - only encourages the seagulls...

CalgaryHibs
29-08-2016, 04:22 PM

This problem has not been fixed ???
Hibs are getting punters now now they need to keep them and not having
Decent food is totally stupid

CalgaryHibs
29-08-2016, 04:24 PM
I am a regular at BTG as I take my 3 kids. Last season pie and Chips £3.00 - £3.50. Decent steak and gravy pie and helping of chips. Yesterday the prices had ramped up by 29% Pies are nice but £3.50 each? "Come on!"

These needs to be an appreciation of bearable expenditure by the club. I am happy to pay reasonable prices i.e. £2.00 for a hot pie or £3.50 with chips but not feel ripped off!!

Wow this is cheap compare to what we pay over here :)

29-08-2016, 04:49 PM
This problem has not been fixed ???
Hibs are getting punters now now they need to keep them and not having
Decent food is totally stupid

Can't disagree with you.
Club is running this side of things now so no-one else to blame here.
I'd stopped going last season because of poor service but thought I'd give them a change on Saturday to redeem themselves - Sorry to say but even worse than last season. The circa £20 I spend on a matchday on drinks and food will continue to be spent elsewhere I'm afraid.

Swedish hibee
29-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Maybe Hibs are taking the stand to not feed children such junk..? I hope so.

ArmadaleHibs
29-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Buy my pies before going to football.Get them at Boghall butchers in Broxburn.Top quality and value for money.Not like the rubbish on sale in the ground at rip off prices.

Boghall pies. Nothing compares

Golden Bear
29-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Slagging off BTG seems to be a popular pastime on Net. I don't go every week but when I do its always very busy so surely it can't be bad as its being portrayed on here.

The other big plus factor of going there is of course that the income will go to Hibernian FC.

Kojock
29-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Slagging off BTG seems to be a popular pastime on Net. I don't go every week but when I do its always very busy so surely it can't be bad as its being portrayed on here.

The other big plus factor of going there is of course that the income will go to Hibernian FC.

When you have been going for years and the product has deteriorated to such an extent that they are taking the piss and when you complain nothing gets done then it's not slagging it's called enough is enough.

The_Sauz
29-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Lawson's of Uphall & Broxburn have the best steak pies....steak melts in your mouth :drool:

bingo70
29-08-2016, 05:46 PM
I think they are just trying to offer a better alternative to the bog standard pie, pizza and chips you get in the ground. Plenty of people moan about the poor quality of the food in the ground and I'm guessing they've limited control over that so this is their way of offering something better quality.

Not saying they've got it perfect but I was quite pleased to see some of the different options on Saturday.

I'm warming to the place, as long as you get there early enough to get a seat it's fine. My only gripe is for the life of me I don't know why they don't buy more pitchers?

Hibernia&Alba
29-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Nine quid for pie and chips twice is scandalous.

bingo70
29-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Nine quid for pie and chips twice is scandalous.

£4.50 for pie and chips isn't that bad?

vuefrom1875
29-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Lawson's of Uphall & Broxburn have the best steak pies....steak melts in your mouth :drool:

Stories,Leith Walk!!

Jonnyboy
29-08-2016, 08:44 PM

Cost me £15 for burger and chips in Copenhagen :greengrin

Scott Allan Key
29-08-2016, 08:58 PM

That'll cover the €20 p/h minimum wage.

Hermit Crab
29-08-2016, 09:12 PM

McGills, (formerly Malones) at the shandon are by far the best. Cheap and delicious. The boy also has a butchers up on Currie. Award winning pies.

hibee
29-08-2016, 09:14 PM

Sounds ok to me if you like pies, £3.80 in the chippy so an extra 70p to sit in sounds about right to me.

mca
29-08-2016, 09:26 PM
There should be no food behind the goals - only encourages the PLAYERS...

Fixed it for you.. :wink:

GreenCastle
29-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Wish they would fix the catering below the stands - over priced poor quality stuff I have complained about for a while and nothing's changed.

Like the terrible East tannoy system or lack of one..seems they don't care.

Small differences would make ER even more enjoyable and surprised LD hasn't sorted this out as its been a complaint by the fans for a while.

frazeHFC
29-08-2016, 10:23 PM

Doesn't seem that bad but when it used to be £3 for a much better quality /bigger portion it's not the best. Always quite liked BTG though, just always seems a lottery whether the food is going to be good or not each week.

givescotlandfreedom
29-08-2016, 11:01 PM

I don't think so either. Sounds about on a par with a chippy.

ManBearPig
29-08-2016, 11:35 PM
The company providing the pies this week sell at farmers market near to me where they are 2for £5 they are very good Quality and locally sourced bot your usual football fare granted.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2016, 04:15 AM
I don't think so either. Sounds about on a par with a chippy.

Not the the chippy on Easter road. His portions are even smaller than the one inside the stadium and he charges a fortune for the privilege. I won't be back.

lyonhibs
30-08-2016, 06:09 AM

Cheap at the price Jonny.

Wanna try a wee pub meal in Zürich...

JollyGreenGiant
10-12-2016, 06:24 PM

I'm quick to complain when Hibs get stuff wrong, especially in BTG where I take my kids every home game.

But, I also like to give credit where it's due, and I have to say the food on offer was much better value today and great customer service from the woman working there.

£2.50 for a kids meal, which was a large portion of the usual pizza/sausage roll/chicken nuggets and chips - but they were actually good quality. Also, my kids didn't fancy the chips so the woman gave us both my kids a mix of sausage rolls and chicken nuggets for a total of £3!

Better than the £4.50 for a burger that they were trying to charge me a few months ago!

So, hats off to the catering in BTG today 👏🏻

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2016, 11:04 PM
I usually defend the pies in the normal catering areas, they aint as bad as is often made out ... but to be honest today it would have taken a Fife miner to dig my steak pie out of the tin foil and it was as dry as the bloody Sahara desert.

theonlywayisup
11-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Think the pies and chips are much better value than before. Also the lady serving is really friendly and always gives me loads of chips. It's nice to get a friendly smile too. There's enough miserable people in the world so paying £4.50 is not unreasonable to me.

bingo70
11-12-2016, 12:20 PM
I know this thread was about the food but I thought I'd mention it was a good touch having the singer in before the game yesterday. Good mix of the jam and hibs songs.

I know from speaking to someone that works there they are keen to provide more of an atmosphere and I think that worked really well.

Golden Bear
11-12-2016, 12:35 PM
I know this thread was about the food but I thought I'd mention it was a good touch having the singer in before the game yesterday. Good mix of the jam and hibs songs.

I know from speaking to someone that works there they are keen to provide more of an atmosphere and I think that worked really well.

I was upstairs but on leaving about 2.45 it was good to hear Sunshine on Leith being blasted out from the lower floor.

:flag:

keep the faith
11-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Thought the singer was great and really improved the atmosphere. Hope he will be a regular fixture behind the goals.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Thought the singer was great and really improved the atmosphere. Hope he will be a regular fixture behind the goals.

He said music would be a regular thing, whether it was him or someone else I'm not sure

JoeT_WasTheBest
11-12-2016, 09:19 PM

Chris Tracey. Used to go to school with him, good lad and a good Hibby [emoji1303]