PDA

View Full Version : Jim Duffy post match comments.

Brooster
28-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Interesting and honest comments from Duffy on the BBC website. Lennon also passed comment about us not getting enough balls in to the box last season. He also said he is looking to bring one more player in....interesting.

Morton manager Jim Duffy: "We have to be honest and realistic to say Hibs have got a huge gulf in quality and resources and that was shown today on the pitch.

"It's the first game we've lost and I've said to the players it's about the standards and Hibs today both with and without the ball didn't give us a minute.

"They put balls into the box - difference between a Lennon side and a Stubbs side - both very good, but in Grant Holt they have a presence and we struggled to cut the wide areas off."

Keith_M
28-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Just read his comments and thought he was very gracious in defeat. He said there was a huge gulf in quality between the two teams and made no excuses.

Some other managers could learn a lot from him.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Like Jim Duffy always a fair bloke

staunchhibby
28-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Wonder who Lennons possible ast signing will be as he hinted in his interview.

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2016, 08:05 AM

Bound to be a right back?

Itsnoteasy
28-08-2016, 08:07 AM

Kris Commons

Ronniekirk
28-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Bound to be a right back?

Has Hateley signed for any other club yet as thats clearly who it was going to be but he will have someone else in mind in case that falls through

Nameless
28-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Has Hateley signed for any other club yet as thats clearly who it was going to be but he will have someone else in mind in case that falls through

Given that it appears we got Shinnie because the Henderson deal didn't come off, I'd have no problem with Lennon having to settle for his backup option this time too - the man can pick a player.

Mikey09
28-08-2016, 09:29 AM
wonder who lennons possible ast signing will be as he hinted in his interview.

gms

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Jim Duffy gets a :top marksfor his honesty and graciousness in defeat.

.Sean.
28-08-2016, 10:35 AM
He's always very complimentary about Hibs. He was an absolute disaster when he was here there's no argument there but as it stands I've no issue with him.

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Jim Duffy gets a http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.giffor stating the bleeding obvious :greengrin

sambajustice
28-08-2016, 11:40 AM
gms

That would be a ridiculous signing!! LOL

superfurryhibby
28-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Duffy said it like it is, no excuses and also highlighted to his players that they won't face that standard of opposition often in this league ( well another three times).

I like the fact that he's still in our game. He must be the most experienced manager in Scottish football, having 25 years or so of experience to draw on.

Some player, despite injury issues and reading this has just reminded me that guys with chronic injury problems can be managed properly and play regularly. Alhough I suppose being a sweeper mean't he didn't have to cover as much ground as the likes of Dylan.

brog
28-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Just read his comments and thought he was very gracious in defeat. He said there was a huge gulf in quality between the two teams and made no excuses.

Some other managers could learn a lot from him.

And he played for London Hibs! Good guy.

Smartie
28-08-2016, 03:28 PM
I know a guy who came through the ranks at Chelsea at the same time as John Terry and he reckons Duffy (who coached them at one age level down there) is an absolutely brilliant coach.

He was a disaster at Hibs - wrong guy, wrong place, wrong time, wrong approach but he's got a lot of experience and he's done a good job at Morton.

My mate's a Morton fan and he says that they've gone heavily down the youth line and they have a lot of really promising young players in their team.

They had a tough day yesterday but that was their first defeat this season.

28-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Jim Duffy gets a :top marksfor his honesty and graciousness in defeat.

Houston would do well to take note.

Jim44
28-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Houston would do well to take note.

I wonder what Houston would say to Duffy about conceding 4 goals to headers. He certainly tried to lecture Stubbs on that issue.

Pete
28-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I wonder what Houston would say to Duffy about conceding 4 goals to headers. He certainly tried to lecture Stubbs on that issue.

He's been proven correct. Crosses into the box lead to goals.

Falkirks problem right now is that they aren't stopping people getting crosses into their box.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Jim Duffy gets a http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.giffor stating the bleeding obvious :greengrin

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

JimBHibees
29-08-2016, 10:39 AM

Did they not then lose 7-0 to Ross county with about 5 being headers? :greengrin

Danny_Hibee
29-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Did they not then lose 7-0 to Ross county with about 5 being headers? :greengrin

I'm sure all 7 were from cross balls!

Greentinted
29-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Slight deviation from the main thrust of the thread but did JD ever speak publicly about his short lived stint as DoF at Hearts under Vlad? Can't seem to find anything at all about him at that time...Another 'confidentiality agreement' perhaps?