PDA

View Full Version : McGeough injured again

lucky
28-08-2016, 12:33 AM
As much I like DM when he actually plays butvI'm reaching the conclusion that he's not worth a wage. I've said in other threads that being the best player in the stand is no use. I think it's time we moved him on if we can find someone to take him.

Ergye
28-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Give away our best player.

Brilliant strategy my man.

Straight from the Jambo football school of footballing philosophy of sacking George Burley and replacing him with a convicted sex offender.

I can just see it now, 'and it's Adam Johnson to deliiiiiiiiiiver'

HappyAsHellas
28-08-2016, 12:47 AM
He's quite simply one of our best players. Against St Midden he controlled the game and was his usual influential self. Yes, he appears to have some injury faults, but suggesting to get rid of him is unjustifiable. The damage he can do to opposing teams is one of the primary reasons we will win the league. Lennon has brought in cover in the more than capable Mr Shinnie. Sit back and enjoy.................

MWHIBBIES
28-08-2016, 12:48 AM
DM playing 15 games every season makes him worth the wage. I'd be quite happy if we never get rid of him.

Mibbes Aye
28-08-2016, 01:02 AM
As much I like DM when actually plays I'm reaching the conclusion that he's not worth a wage. I've said in other threads that being the best player in the stand is no use. I think it's time we moved him on if we can find someone to take him.

He's played in sixty-odd games for us in the last two seasons.

There's no denying he picks up injuries and there's also no denying that the way he plays makes him probably the most fouled player we have.

Nevertheless, the injury thing is at risk of becoming overstated and I fear the perception is getting in the way of the facts. If you are averaging thirty appearances a season, then you're not exactly sitting in the stand.

No player is irreplaceable but Dylan is the heartbeat of the team - on his game, he brings everyone else in and allows us to be our best.

Pete
28-08-2016, 01:06 AM
Give away our best player.

Brilliant strategy my man.

Straight from the Jambo football school of footballing philosophy of sacking George Burley and replacing him with a convicted sex offender.

I can just see it now, 'and it's Adam Johnson to deliiiiiiiiiiver'

You certainly don't want to be on the receiving end of anything he delivers.

As for Dylan, I agree with everyone else. One of our best players, not as injury-prone as people make out and it would be madness to just give him away.

Oh, and he's a legend.

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2016, 01:19 AM
There's no denying the guy has his injury problems, but letting him go would be madness. He is arguably the best player we have and if we can find a way to get him past all these niggling injuries we would be able to ask north of a million quid for him if anybody came calling.

lucky
28-08-2016, 01:25 AM
I said in the original post there's no point in being the best player in the stand. As has been pointed out by other posters, guys like Shinnie are more than capable of filling the void. I just think it's time to cut our losses and move him on

MWHIBBIES
28-08-2016, 01:29 AM
I said in the original post there's no point in being the best player in the stand. As has been pointed out by other posters, guys like Shinnie are more than capable of filling the void. I just think it's time to cut our losses and move him onWhat losses are those? He has been worth every penny we've ever paid him.

The Sundance Kid
28-08-2016, 01:39 AM
I said in the original post there's no point in being the best player in the stand. As has been pointed out by other posters, guys like Shinnie are more than capable of filling the void. I just think it's time to cut our losses and move him on

But as has also been pointed out within this thread he is playing more often than not. Take last season where he played 30 games for us, Fyvie only played in 32 and was here right from the get go whereas McGeouch didn't arrive until we were 4 games into the season. Already this season Fyvie has missed more games through injury than McGeouch so would you also be keen to get rid of Fyvie due to his injury troubles?

I understand the frustration surrounding McGeouch's injury problems but think the issue is exacerbated due to the manner in which he misses games where he seems as if he's fine for a short period then is suddenly missing from the team once more. However, we look a better team with him in it, in my opinion, and if he can make us a better team for 30 games a season then I'm more than happy to put up with his injury-proneness and I think it would be madness to get rid of a player that has such undoubted quality

lord bunberry
28-08-2016, 04:00 AM
McGeough is a class player that we need to try and keep. I'd rest him up for games like today in order to keep him fit for when we need him.

greenlad
28-08-2016, 04:30 AM
McGeough is a class player that we need to try and keep. I'd rest him up for games like today in order to keep him fit for when we need him.

This. Carefully managed McGeouch is a wonderful asset to Hibs. If anything his tendency to miss the odd game (as has been pointed out its nowhere near as bad as perceived) may be a blessing in disguise for Hibs, if not DM himself. The large English Championship club (say a Wolves or a Brighton) that should in theory be his next destination will be less keen than they otherwise would, meaning Hibs should hold onto him for longer.

HoboHarry
28-08-2016, 05:10 AM
We have unearthed a real diamond of our own and there is a wee chip on one of the edges. The rest of it must be valueless too then. Aye right.....

Jeezo, some folk just need to complain about something. Anything in fact......

Salt N Sauzee
28-08-2016, 05:36 AM
As much I like DM when he actually plays butvI'm reaching the conclusion that he's not worth a wage. I've said in other threads that being the best player in the stand is no use. I think it's time we moved him on if we can find someone to take him.

Delete your account and never come back.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2016, 06:12 AM
what a ridiculous thread to start...dearie me. our best player who wouldnt be with us if he didnt have these wee niggles...and a cup winning legend. According to EEN he had a MINOR knock yesterday...perhaps Lennon is managing it properly and rested him yesterday

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2016, 06:28 AM
A few grumpy folk on here this morning!!

The OP just offered his thoughts and wasn't complaining or slating Dylan. Lighten up :na na:

calumhibee1
28-08-2016, 07:13 AM
Tweet from Tam McManus after the game yesterday:
"Dylan McGeouch out doing laps round the pitch at minute so looks like just precaution to leave him out today moving fine."

BT58
28-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Tbh i thought we would miss DM yesterday. Glad to be proven wrong. If we get the players in that NL wants then i think a few weeks rest would aid DM. Bring him back for the bigger games coming up

lucky
28-08-2016, 07:25 AM

Why would I do that? Really my opinion is just that but yours is what? Try to bully people of a fans forum for having an opinion. You not like what I've posted but using your style of debate is anyone who differs from you must never post again.

ian cruise
28-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Dylan obviously has had some injury worries, I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday was just a precaution and a, little bit of the club wrapping him in cotton wool until both they and he are 100% comfortable with his situation, a tactic I would completely support. We've got decent depth in central midfield so let's not risk him when he's just back and then have him out for another prolonged period.

As for the OP, respectfully I have to disagree. The longwr Dylan McGeough is with Hibs the happier I will be.

Ronniekirk
28-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Looks like you will be a minority of one on this topic Lucky
There is no debate about his talent and worth to the team He has proved that time and time again
If he hadnt xome off the bench v Dunfermlime we may not of gone on to win that game .
We would all love it if his injuries were behind him but Fyvie is also just back in team after another spell i jured and he was man of the match.
Both players will probably miss more games through i jury but we need a strong squad to win the Leaugue and both these players are capable of playing at a higher level than the Championship
Enjoy them while you can

eastcoasthibby
28-08-2016, 07:33 AM

Sorry and but each to their own view ...but behave he is a fantastic player and hopefully the injury issues will work through, we don't know the facts or detail of what the problem is, but there is no doubt he is a vital player and throughout the course of this hard season he will more than play his part I have no doubt.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 07:33 AM
Can understand the club and player taking precautions. We have turiff away next week and need to save him for it 😳

lucky
28-08-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm not saying he's not a fantastic wee player. But his injuries really piss me off. A fit DM is a great asset to our club but missing so many games every season is murder. I appreciate that many think he's worth it, but he is no use in the stand. He needs to be fit and on the pitch.

J-C
28-08-2016, 07:46 AM

There's no denying he picks up injuries and there's also no denying that the way he plays makes him probably the most fouled player we have.

Nevertheless, the injury thing is at risk of becoming overstated and I fear the perception is getting in the way of the facts. If you are averaging thirty appearances a season, then you're not exactly sitting in the stand.

No player is irreplaceable but Dylan is the heartbeat of the team - on his game, he brings everyone else in and allows us to be our best.

I think you've misread Wiki here Mibbes, Dylan has played 39 league games for Hibs in the last 2 seasons plus 17 in various cups. Even at 56 games over 2 seasons is worth the wage for a player of his influence, yes we only get around half a season out of him but is that not what you have a squad for.

green day
28-08-2016, 08:10 AM
I think you've misread Wiki here Mibbes, Dylan has played 39 league games for Hibs in the last 2 seasons plus 17 in various cups. Even at 56 games over 2 seasons is worth the wage for a player of his influence, yes we only get around half a season out of him but is that not what you have a squad for.

This, 100%

Injuries are part of the game and - maybe for the first time yesterday - I didnt think we really missed DM. Which is a great problem to have !

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 08:16 AM
This, 100%

Injuries are part of the game and - maybe for the first time yesterday - I didnt think we really missed DM. Which is a great problem to have !

That's the amazing thing, we didn't and I'd be happy with that defence again. Mcgeouch is class though and I'm still hoping he can put these problems behind him. If he does, we have a hell of a side

GreenCastle
28-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Have to disagree. Dylan is a class player and one of our best.

I am sure he is frustrated as anyone when he misses games but when he plays he always gives his all and we will need him if we are are to get promoted.

Will be hard to find a player of his quality who plays every week so I'm happy to see Dylan every few weeks if he helps the team get promoted.

To get rid of him would be madness. Plus he is a Scottish Cup winning legend !

#FromTheCapital
28-08-2016, 08:22 AM
He'd be playing at a higher level than hibs if he wasn't so injury prone. I think we just need to accept that and enjoy the occasions when he is fit because he's a class act.

Kavinho
28-08-2016, 08:25 AM
A real waste of a wage is getting the number of games out of an El-Alagui who hardly ever started, or worse Tim Clancy, who when he did, you wished he was injured!
He managed 19 games in 2 years (wiki)

neil7908
28-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Was worried when he wasn't in the squad but thought Fyvie stepped up and controlled the midfield in his absence

GreenCastle
28-08-2016, 08:31 AM
He'd be playing at a higher level than hibs if he wasn't so injury prone. I think we just need to accept that and enjoy the occasions when he is fit because he's a class act.

Pretty much this also..

You would think we were spending £90k a week on Andy Carroll.

SlickShoes
28-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Things are going good so of course .net throws up a gem of a thread like this for us to marvel at.

Dylan is a fantastic footballer, even if he plays half the games he is worth having around, his impact is plain to see for anyone that has ever watched football.

I can understand being frustrated that he doesn't play every game but to suggest we just chuck him away like piece of rubbish is utter nonsense, if you never had 8000 posts i would assume you were a jambo.

Highland_Hibee
28-08-2016, 08:41 AM
As I stated in another thread we are blessed with class right across our midfield right now, anyone can come in and do a job. Dylan is a much valued part of our team and it would be a terrible decision to let him go. BTW is there even confirmation he was out injured? Seems a bizarre question to ask but I haven't seen anything to say he is. Might just have been a precaution if he had a strain of some kind?

hibee-boys
28-08-2016, 08:45 AM

I'm a big fan of Dylan's but based on those stats he's missed around half our league games over the past 2 years and it's questionable how many of those he's played at 100% fitness. I recall him having to come of numerous times early and/or playing with a niggle. Lets hope yesterday was precautionary as a fully fit Mcgeouch is a very valuable asset!

GreenCastle
28-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Hopefully we can rest him till the 17th which is a good 3 weeks. We will need him in the tighter games so no issues with resting players for games like yesterday.

Stubbs didn't have that luxury and Lennons additions have helped that.

superfurryhibby
28-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Here's hoping Dylan manages to play more often than half a season over the course of this season. His value when on the field is undoubted by anyone.

However, I would be surprised if we offered a new contract if the current pattern continues. Assuming he is one of the highest earners at the club, then he is a half season luxury we can't afford.

For those saying he would be somehwere else if he wasn't injury prone etc, maybe the case but the facts are the facts and if his current pattern continues then I would doubt he will get many takers in the likes of the English Championship.

Chronic conditions tend to be kept quiet by clubs, I do fear Dylan is a guy who has that kind of problem.

The Leith Dutch
28-08-2016, 09:21 AM

Excellent post.

There's a distinct lack of actual debate on here right now with witty retorts like "That's sh**te" and no attempt to argue the point at hand.
Refreshing to see a calmly put difference of opinion with some actual facts in it :)

The Leith Dutch
28-08-2016, 09:32 AM

Playing the man and not the ball there.
Far too much of that on here.

He's entitled to an opinion so why not tell him why you think it's wrong?

For what it's worth I agree with what I assume your position is: it would be a bad decision to move him on - McGeogh is a class player and his time injured is not as bad as folk maybe perceive.

That said, it's annoyingly regular time out with a few games here and a few there and it stops him putting together a run in the team which is disruptive not just to the player but the squad itself - we don't want a replacement who is an obvious lower level understudy but it's hard to imagine any good quality replacement responding well to yo-yoing in and out of the starting XI due to McGeogh's little niggles.

Arguments boths sides but we badly need to get beyond the idea on here that "Shut up, you know nothing about football" is a reasonable comeback.

lucky
28-08-2016, 09:38 AM
He's played in 39 league games in 2 seasons, some as a sub and some not completed. When he is fit and playing he links the play up brilliantly but the point I'm making is there better out there for his wage who could play more than 50% of the league matches. Previously he played 8 league games at Coventry and 20 games for Celtic's 1st team. So in his career he's only played 67 league games since 2011.

Northernhibee
28-08-2016, 09:40 AM
If it wasn't for his injuries and he could play 90% of the games in a season he'd still be at Celtic.

Jim44
28-08-2016, 09:58 AM
If it wasn't for his injuries and he could play 90% of the games in a season he'd still be at Celtic.

You're correct. In another post my gut reaction was that, great player that he is, he was a bit of a liability. However, reading this thread and given that the club and the player himself realise and accept that his appearances will be restricted over the piece, l'm comfortable with it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2016, 10:04 AM
No doubt that DM is a bit of real quality but like the rest of the players he has to earn his place. I would hesitate changing a winning team based on his fitness and availability.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Why would I do that? Really my opinion is just that but yours is what? Try to bully people of a fans forum for having an opinion. You not like what I've posted but using your style of debate is anyone who differs from you must never post again.

Well said. :top marksI also disagree with what you originally said, but you are allowed an opinion. :agree:

Col2
28-08-2016, 10:15 AM
56 appearances in the last two seasons is hardly stats of a player who rarely plays.

This being a player who is arguably our most talented and effective. Certainly has similar effectiveness on games as McGinn.

In my opinion he has been unlucky with groin injury last season and now has hamstring injury. But reality is none of his injuries should be of serious concern like a major knee problem.

Hope if he reads this thread he reads the vast majority of posts that are very supportive.

Mikey09
28-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Could you imagine this place IF Lennon did free McGeouch?! Carnage!!

Thecat23
28-08-2016, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't let him go I think that would be very stupid if I'm honest. DM is a game changer and even if he's half fit he can still bring a lot to the table.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2016, 11:08 AM
It's not even up for debate 50 odd appearances in last 2 seasons and he is the most talented player in squad...end of discussion for me tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dom'sFirstTouch
28-08-2016, 11:16 AM
It can be really frustrating to have Dylan starring one week, then nowhere to be seen the next but there's no way I'd be letting him go. If managing his injuries means missing every third or forth game, or limiting his minutes to 65/70 or whatever, then I'm happy enough with that because of the quality he brings when he plays. I think it was one of the very few things Stubbs didn't quite get right; he'd bring Dylan back in, make him complete the full 90 mins, then start him again 3 or 4 days later and, surprise surprise, he'd have to come off injured again. Dylan is a top class player and even only playing 2/3s of our games he'll make a big contribution to our campaign.

Just Jimmy
28-08-2016, 11:41 AM
My issue isn't that he misses games, it was more that he goes off after breaking down in so many games. I felt that Stubbs rushed him back too often which probably didn't help.

Hopefully with the options we have lennon can manage DM through a full season and he can have maximum impact when needed. He's a real talent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
28-08-2016, 11:45 AM
McGeouch isn't injury prone.He has a chronic condition that can lead to different strains.The big problem is the club can carry him being on and off in this league but next season it will be difficult as a more settled team will be needed.

3pm
28-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Can't believe this is even being discussed!

ancient hibee
28-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Why not?

3pm
28-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Why not?

You think there is merit in releasing or selling, arguably, our best player?

ancient hibee
28-08-2016, 12:02 PM
You think there is merit in releasing or selling, arguably, our best player?

He's not our best player but apart from that I see nothing wrong in discussing the fact that he has a deep rooted injury problem.Tha's what I'm talking about-not whether he should be sold.All players in Scotland have their price.There were plenty on here happy to see the club take the money offered for Cummings.

superfurryhibby
28-08-2016, 12:07 PM

Ridiculous comment. The continuing injury issues of one of our best and presumably best paid player is as worthy of discussion as any other topic.

If Dylan does have a chronic issue then contract renewal will be a factor. Until then here's hoping we manage it properly and get the most out of him. He's some player and a tremendous asset to the team when on the field.

I don't believe rough treatment from the opposition is a factor though, it is much more likely to be the effect of Oestitis Pubis and the strain it causes ( from memory, it's a groin issue that he suffers from). This injury effectively ended my own amateur football career and I know how troublesome it can be. Sore and stops you training, can't run at 100% when you do play.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 12:13 PM

I sometimes think people don't grasp the point of forums. As long as someone has a point or argument and doesn't abuse others, then surely we can have discussions about any point. If not, might as well close all forums

28-08-2016, 12:32 PM
So frustrating having such a good player that just cannot for the life of him seem to stay fit for any decent period of time. Saying that, I bet Dylan is just as frustrated as anyone not being able to get a decent run of games together. Really feel for the guy. We really missed when him and Fyvie were out, thankfully we have Fyvie back now.

Think its going to be the same as last season with him, continuously in and out of the team through injury. I still wouldn't be looking to off load him though. One of the best players at the club.

3pm
28-08-2016, 12:34 PM
I sometimes think people don't grasp the point of forums.

Ha Ha, good one!

Salt N Sauzee
29-08-2016, 02:52 PM

Haha hardly bullying mate. I actually thought you were trolling initially. Just strongly disagree with punting arguably one of our best players because he's been unfortunate with injuries. Think it's wrong whenever fans turn on players for things like that.

JDHibs
29-08-2016, 03:01 PM

Cant agree with you on this.

DM playing 15 games a season is worth more than most players that play 30 games a season. When he plays we tick along beautifully. One of our only players who can pick a deadly pass AND execute it. His wiki page says hes got 39 apps for us in 2 seasons, not bad going.

But because of his style and how he plays, he will get alot of kicks in these leagues, that cant be helped. Hopefully Lennon will manage him better than AS who always rushed him back and never let him get to 100% fit before playing him, if so, DM will get more than 30apps this season. Well worth the wage and if he can get fit and stay fit, we will probably get a sizeable transfer fee for him.

I also find it a tad worrying that people go on the offensive when someone doesnt agree with them...

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 03:35 PM
His injury record is a concern. According to Soccerbase he's started 32 league games for us in the last two seasons, so that is undoubtedly a worry - his overall appearances for Hibs with cups and sub apps thrown in is 58. I was surprised that we got someone of his quality on a 4 year deal, but I think we've found out why since.

I wonder (despite never seeing him hold back in games at all) if his mentality has been affected by so many injuries, in a similar way that Jurgen Klopp alluded to that with Daniel Sturridge. I'm absolutely delighted to have a player of his quality here, but on his current ratios, by the end of 4 years he'll have started 64 league games for us, when it should be way more than double that.

JimBHibees
29-08-2016, 03:38 PM
His injury record is a concern. According to Soccerbase he's started 32 league games for us in the last two seasons, so that is undoubtedly a worry - his overall appearances for Hibs with cups and sub apps thrown in is 58. I was surprised that we got someone of his quality on a 4 year deal, but I think we've found out why since.

I wonder (despite never seeing him hold back in games at all) if his mentality has been affected by so many injuries, in a similar way that Jurgen Klopp alluded to that with Daniel Sturridge. I'm absolutely delighted to have a player of his quality here, but on his current ratios, by the end of 4 years he'll have started 64 league games for us, when it should be way more than double that.

Think Dylan is a 3 year deal however your points are valid. He is such a quality player completely changed the Pars game recently with his passing and control of the game.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Think Dylan is a 3 year deal however your points are valid. He is such a quality player completely changed the Pars game recently with his passing and control of the game.

You're right Jim, thought it was a four year :aok:

Yep, I said after that game that every time he is on the ball, you just feel that everything will be all right (defensively), or that something will happen (offensively). Quality footballer.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2016, 04:11 PM
We have unearthed a real diamond of our own and there is a wee chip on one of the edges. The rest of it must be valueless too then. Aye right.....

Jeezo, some folk just need to complain about something. Anything in fact......

Yes we've entered the twilight zone within the twilight zone which is pretty out there even for Hibs.net. Hold on for the ride do not adjust your sets anything could happen in the next 114 years...

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Stats are stats - pretty lifeless on their own.

You manage pitchers so they don't burn out and perform to keep their pitching speed consistently high without injuring themselves.

There's nothing games and then there's cup winning games - the gulf between them is immense. As mentioned elsewhere it's about managing him.

But it's a team game. We've carefully build and nurtured a squad for the first time in ages. And responsibility is spread throughout the team. Dylan's misfortune presents opportunities for others to take responsibility. It's what our team is now build to do. More resilient than when SA or Leigh were snuffed out...

WWFTWTG
29-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Minor hamstring tweak. being protective and will be ok for our next game.

Source: Dylan on his way to his seat in the stand on Saturday.

Waxy
29-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Wasn't kuqi injured for every match? Or were Hibs just pretending he was injured?

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 04:39 PM

How reliable is this source 🤔☺️

WWFTWTG
29-08-2016, 04:46 PM
How reliable is this source 🤔☺️

Why would you need to ask?

ancient hibee
29-08-2016, 04:51 PM

Don't think he's liable to say "I've got a chronic career threatening injury and struggle to play three games in a row"

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Why would you need to ask?

It was a joke, went down like a lead balloon but I try 😩

ekhibee
29-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Well he's a very good player when fit, and influential too, but the problem is that for one reason or another he usually isn't fit. As I'm posting this, we've just let Carmichael go, another decent player who was injury prone from the time he signed for the club, Handling is long term injured again. No, of course we don't need to let McGeouch go when he can make a valid contribution from time to time, but this season it is essential Hibs get promoted, having missed out in the last 2 seasons. We need to win this league and avoid the playoffs IMO. To do that we'll need to have the fittest team on the park, and if the team that destroyed Morton on Saturday is that, I'll be more than happy. McGeouch wasn't playing in that game, again through absolutely no fault of his own. The sad fact is we just can't afford to become too reliant on somebody that misses as many games as he does, not this season. I'm pretty sure Lennon is aware of this too, but hopefully like us, he still sees McGeouch as having an important part to play, IF he can prove his fitness over a long period of time.

allezsauzee
29-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Dylan has played 56 games for us over his first 2 seasons with us so he's fit a bit more than half the time. I'd say he's worth the wage even if he continues playing a similar ratio of games because we look so much more incisive attacking wise with him in the team. It should be less of a blow when he is out with Shinnie in the squad.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-08-2016, 06:04 PM
I remember not so long ago sir David gray was on and off the pitch with injuries. I was starting to think he was also injury prone. Then he scores that goal. Gob firmly shut!!!!!! Well worth a years wage for that 10 seconds

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
29-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm sure our win stats last season with DM playing was 78% .
Without him 32% .

Lago
29-08-2016, 06:14 PM
It was a joke, went down like a lead balloon but I try 😩
I got it & it was as funny as some of the stuff I read on here.

Finn2015
29-08-2016, 06:44 PM
I got it & it was as funny as some of the stuff I read on here.

👍👍

Sammy7nil
29-08-2016, 07:13 PM

In how many of those games did he play 90 mins my guess is not many. Great player but he needs to play more often. I wonder if a lot his injuries are mental scars.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Stats are stats - pretty lifeless on their own.

You manage pitchers so they don't burn out and perform to keep their pitching speed consistently high without injuring themselves.

There's nothing games and then there's cup winning games - the gulf between them is immense. As mentioned elsewhere it's about managing him.

But it's a team game. We've carefully build and nurtured a squad for the first time in ages. And responsibility is spread throughout the team. Dylan's misfortune presents opportunities for others to take responsibility. It's what our team is now build to do. More resilient than when SA or Leigh were snuffed out...

The stats speak volumes in this case (and are certainly more pertinent than your comparison of this situation to management of players in a sport that is not remotely like football in any way) - no one on this entire thread is arguing that we're not a better team with a player of his quality on the park, but for a guy of 23, his pattern of injuries is certainly worrying at worst, and frustrating at best.

It may help us in the long run with regards to keeping him as a Hibs player due to other clubs not wishing to take a risk on him - but I think I'd rather have the chance to enjoy him flourishing regularly for a few years and then see him move on, rather than get fleeting glimpses of his ability over the longer term.

Yes it's a team game, and we have a very strong squad - but I don't see how anyone can be dismissive over concerns about a guy who is not fit to play on a very regular basis.

And finally, you're absolutely right that there's a huge gulf between cup winning games and nothing games (though I don't think you'd find many on here say that any of our games have been nothing games since we've been in this division) - Dylan was of course unfit for the League Cup Final. We'll never know how we would have done had he played instead of Kevin Thomson that day, but I know who I would have preferred on the park.

ancient hibee
29-08-2016, 07:23 PM
In how many of those games did he play 90 mins my guess is not many. Great player but he needs to play more often. I wonder if a lot his injuries are mental scars.

They're not.They are all caused by the same thing.

greiggy
29-08-2016, 08:16 PM
I'd keep him. We're a noticeably better team when he's on the park. When he goes off injured we become worse. When he comes on as a sub we get better. Even if he does that for a third of the games it's worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J-C
29-08-2016, 08:36 PM

39 mate, 20 first and 19 last season 56 in 2 seasons, he's averaging half a league season at a time.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-08-2016, 08:49 PM
First name on the team sheet when fit-by some distance. Hopefully see him back fit soon [emoji1360]

brog
29-08-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm sure our win stats last season with DM playing was 78% .
Without him 32% .

Nowhere near I'm afraid, 67% with Dylan, 61% without, statistically insignificant. We won some big games without him, eg Yams & Sevco & lost some poor games with him, our only home loss all season, 3-0 to Morton. That's not to knock him, I'm a big fan & IMO he changed the game against Pars recently. He's had 2 significant breaks of about 9 weeks, 1 in each season, but other than that he's been involved in the great majority of games. He's played 60 in total, 48 as a starter & he didn't join us until the 7th game of his 1st season. IMO he's well worth his wage.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 09:39 PM
39 mate, 20 first and 19 last season 56 in 2 seasons, he's averaging half a league season at a time.

Started 32 according to Soccerbase, JC: -

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62831

superfurryhibby
29-08-2016, 09:45 PM
They're not.They are all caused by the same thing.

The media have previously reported that he has had groin strain issue. You might as well say what you've heard given that you are all but naming a chronic condition?

J-C
29-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Started 32 according to Soccerbase, JC: -

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62831

I wasn't going by the started games, going by WIKI total played, started or sub.

Stevie Reid
29-08-2016, 10:27 PM
I wasn't going by the started games, going by WIKI total played, started or sub.

Fair enough, but the bit you corrected me on I had stated were league starts!

J-C
29-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Fair enough, but the bit you corrected me on I had stated were league starts!

Fair enough, no big deal, both stats just prove he has injury problems, it's whether we're happy to keep him knowing he's such an influential player for us.

davy1979
30-08-2016, 12:51 AM
First post lads ! In my opinion when fit he is our best player. The injuries are a worry though does anyone else think this seems to happen a lot to Hibs players. No facts to back it up just seems to be a reoccurring issue

The Leith Dutch
30-08-2016, 07:01 AM
First post lads ! In my opinion when fit he is our best player. The injuries are a worry though does anyone else think this seems to happen a lot to Hibs players. No facts to back it up just seems to be a reoccurring issue

I reckon we're no worse than other clubs - not following other teams as closely you probably aren't aware of their injury list is all.

ancient hibee
30-08-2016, 09:54 AM
The media have previously reported that he has had groin strain issue. You might as well say what you've heard given that you are all but naming a chronic condition?

Some form of pelvic alignment problem.

J-C
30-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Some form of pelvic alignment problem.

His pelvis is slightly askew due to a muscular imbalance, similar when you have arthritis in the hips, which I know all about. He'll have a strong sided muscle imbalance which pulls the pelvis out a bit and puts pressure on the groin and hamstring, which are over working to compensate.

It'll take months of physio with specialists to realign his pelvis and it may never realign totally, which leaves him back to square one.

Ronniekirk
01-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Article confirming he has trained a few times but felt hamstring tight so he will get a period of rest Difficult to see how this is going to be resolved Think we have to accept he isnt going to be a regular in the team
So wonder if that other midfielder Lennon talked about signing might be brought in from list of free agents
Did Hateley sogn for anyone ?

Sir David Gray
01-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Article confirming he has trained a few times but felt hamstring tight so he will get a period of rest Difficult to see how this is going to be resolved Think we have to accept he isnt going to be a regular in the team
So wonder if that other midfielder Lennon talked about signing might be brought in from list of free agents

Nope.

greenteam
01-09-2016, 11:52 PM
So annoyed about his injury. Such a great player and an important player..
Im annoyed because its an injury that will reoccur and I feel for him..I just hope there is a fix..someone with his talent doesn't deserve an injury that holds him back like that. .

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2016, 04:53 AM
Feel for the player having an ongoing issue which means he won't be available for selection all games. But let's face facts, that's why somebody of his talent is playing in Scottish football, so it's our gain.

With that in mind, the issue is how we use him. I'd rule out those heavier, synthetic surfaces, so forget then Dumbarton and QOS type away games, and concentrate on playing him against teams were his style will help us.

We were very direct and physical against Morton. It wasn't a sort of Hibs performance we've become used to, but it a great one of its type. Nobody can say it was the wrong line up or tactics.

We can mix up our style of play but it's evident that Lennon likes players to be busier, more combative, quicker on the ball, passing forward with plenty balls into the box. He likes one touch football, but played at pace. We have a style to accommodate DMcG but one that doesn't rely on him.

It's a good position to be in.

lucky
20-02-2017, 08:36 PM
I first posted this in August and took a bit of flack for it. Just wondering posters views now? Is Dylan still out best player? Is he still worth a half season? For me nothing has changed. No point being the best player in the stand

Heisenberg
20-02-2017, 08:46 PM
I first posted this in August and took a bit of flack for it. Just wondering posters views now? Is Dylan still out best player? Is he still worth a half season? For me nothing has changed. No point being the best player in the stand

If he's 100% fit and raring to go then he can be our best midfielder. He has given us nowt this season and I wouldn't want us to gamble on him and depend on him maybe being fit for next season. Either he manages a run of games this season to prove he can do it or I'd want us to get rid.

lucky
20-02-2017, 09:04 PM
If he's 100% fit and raring to go then he can be our best midfielder. He has given us nowt this season and I wouldn't want us to gamble on him and depend on him maybe being fit for next season. Either he manages a run of games this season to prove he can do it or I'd want us to get rid.

I agree he either he proves his fitness or limps on to another club

PS Dylan please prove me wrong

ancient hibee
20-02-2017, 09:50 PM
I agree he either he proves his fitness or limps on to another club

PS Dylan please prove me wrong
Who would want a player who hardly ever plays.He'll see out his contract.

JimBHibees
20-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Signed for Dundee.

Speedy
20-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Great player when fit. Really drives us forward. See how he's getting on this time next year and take it from there.

FC Leige
20-02-2017, 11:49 PM
He is another El Alagui. Magic on the rare occasion he is fit but can Hibs afford to waste wages on a player who is constantly injured