27-08-2016, 11:00 PM
The goals from today's match:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

HTD1875
27-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Great watch, fantastic goals and the crowd looks superb especially the famous 5

Andy74
27-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Are these fuzzy for everyone? My phone usually plays video from other sources pretty well.

Pete
27-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Are these fuzzy for everyone? My phone usually plays video from other sources pretty well.

A wee bit.

Lovely finish for the last goal and I'd be a bit hacked off if Holts goal had been scored against us. It looks like he leads with his arm and impedes the goalie. Ach well.

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Last goal was a cracker, great cross great header ..... its pretty unusual for Hibs to score with headers and when we do its usually from set plays, 4 from open play is remarkable.

Sir David Gray
27-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Graham's goal looks even better than it did at the time.

I was shocked when Holt's goal was allowed to stand and seeing it again I'm still surprised that a foul wasn't given.

blaikie
27-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Might only be Morton ... But this team is special GGTTH

GreenCastle
27-08-2016, 11:27 PM
I think Holts goal is fine - keepers get too much protection.

Shinnie involved in 3 of the 4 goals.

Great crosses by SJM, Fyvie and JC also.

They didn't show Boyles sitter which should have made it 5..I know it's the goals only.

Onceinawhile
27-08-2016, 11:31 PM
The cross from Jason cummings was unreal. As soon as it left his foot i was celebrating.

matty_f
27-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Nothing wrong with Holt's goal-he just best the keeper to it.

O'Rourke3
27-08-2016, 11:37 PM

They didn't show Boyles sitter which should have made it 5..I know it's the goals only.

Or the intricate one touch passing that had Jason poking the ball wide in the first half.

Peevemor
27-08-2016, 11:52 PM

Also the superb pass from SJM to Cummings before he crossed for Graham's goal.

Sir David Gray
27-08-2016, 11:54 PM

Nothing wrong with Holt's goal-he just best the keeper to it.

It's not so much that I think it should have been a foul, just that in nine times out of ten, that situation would have resulted in the referee blowing for a foul on the goalkeeper.

Bishop Hibee
27-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Three good goals but the fourth was outstanding. Better on the highlights than live and I thought it was good then! Holt and Graham are big laddies and they will score and create plenty in this league.

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 12:56 AM
4 cracking headed goals, but JC's cross for the 4th was sublime.

NZ Green
28-08-2016, 05:06 AM
Cumming's cross was a beauty. Looks like a pretty solid squad just now, hopefully this league will be wrapped up without too much bother!

Pete
28-08-2016, 05:33 AM
It's not so much that I think it should have been a foul, just that in nine times out of ten, that situation would have resulted in the referee blowing for a foul on the goalkeeper.

I agree but nine times out of ten that goal would be given for Celtic or Rangers against a smaller team.

Maybe WE are now this big fish in a small pond that gets the benefit of the doubt. Licence to go down in the box or what? :greengrin

bingo70
28-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Shinnie have quite a significant contribution to three of the four goals?

givescotlandfreedom
28-08-2016, 05:48 AM
A joy to rewatch. Well done Hibs :thumbsup:

green day
28-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Three good goals but the fourth was outstanding. Better on the highlights than live and I thought it was good then! Holt and Graham are big laddies and they will score and create plenty in this league.

Fourth was brilliant - interesting that at the game I thought McGinn had a quiet game, but he had a huge part to play in Holts and Grahams goals. Maybe my expectations of this laddie are too high?

Anyway, another ghost from last season put to rest.

Just need to annihilate Dumbarton home and away now and all my nerves will be gone :greengrin:greengrin

GreenCastle
28-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Or the intricate one touch passing that had Jason poking the ball wide in the first half.

Yup was a good move.

Just remembered the chance Boyle had also when Keatings fed him through..just past post.

Could have easily been 7 plus goals yestersay.

neil7908
28-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Cummings cross for the 4th goal was Beckham-esque. Pace, curve and dip at the end, an absolute nightmare for defenders to deal with.

skipster7
28-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Brilliant 4th goal and a great header. Only downside is I had Shinnie first goal and 3 - 0 Hibs at 25/1 !
If there's a good way to lose a bet that was it.

greenlex
28-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Third was my favourite. :thumbsup:

emerald green
28-08-2016, 10:26 AM
At long last. A Hibs team which contains a serious aerial threat up front. Hopefully this will result in a lot more goals being scored over the course of the season.

BullsCloseHibs
28-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game. Total commanding performance and I don't think the West Coast outfit had one shot on target.
Well done Hibs.

Highland_Hibee
28-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I initially thought the Holt goal wouldn't stand. Not because I thought it was a foul but for how keepers are protected. He got to the ball first and is entitled to go for it. He could easily have been clattered himself. That Cummings cross and Graham's header though. It looked great from the main, even better on replay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
28-08-2016, 11:33 AM
We certainly won't get to win cross balls in the box that easily every week, Dumbarton for example will fight a whole lot more than Morton did yesterday in my opinion. Good to see we are getting it in there with real quality though.

overdrive
28-08-2016, 01:04 PM

Yep, nothing wrong with it. Quite similar to Graham's wrongly disallowed goal in the League Cup Final.

I said on another thread that I'd be disappointed if we lost a goal like Graham's goal yesterday. I've changed my mind since seeing it there. Outstanding goal and cross.

DaveF
28-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Yep, nothing wrong with it. Quite similar to Graham's wrongly disallowed goal in the League Cup Final.

I said on another thread that I'd be disappointed if we lost a goal like Graham's goal yesterday. I've changed my mind since seeing it there. Outstanding goal and cross.

It was a simple but great goal. Graham's movement allowed him to get the run and jump on the defender to finish off a sublime cross from JC.

Famous Fiver
28-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Reminded me of the great Alan Gordon who scored headed goals for fun.

Fair turned the clock back, it did.

Alex Trager
28-08-2016, 07:12 PM
I can't get it on the site