PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham and Stubbs

Torto7062
27-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Deary me they are struggling a tad,
Just watched highlights of today's game and Scotty Allan just trotted back and the player he was marking scored......thank **** we've got McGinn ...Super John McGinn I just don't think you understand

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Marco G
27-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Deary me they are struggling a tad,
Just watched highlights of today's game and Scotty Allan just trotted back and the player he was marking scored......thank **** we've got McGinn ...Super John McGinn I just don't think you understand

Well I wont forget what Stubbs did for us, so if he and Scott Allan are struggling I will still wish them all the best because they both gave us a lot. Saying that, it was a pleasure today to see a team set up to win by using all its options!

Torto7062
27-08-2016, 09:59 PM
We should also be grateful he weakened Falkirk this season...Stubbs will always be a legend of the #persevered era

Hibbyradge
27-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Stubbs is a Hibs hero.

Nothing will ever top 21 May 2016.

I wish him every success.

Edit: There, I've sorted it. :na na:

murray26
27-08-2016, 10:05 PM
I hope he sorts it out.. He must be regretting leaving so soon..

Titch
27-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Stubbs is a Hibs hero.

Nothing will ever top 20 May 2016.

What happened on that day ???

hibs0666
27-08-2016, 10:10 PM
He was getting dogs abuse from their support today. He also had a pop at his players, something he never did with us.

greiggy
Stubbs is a Hibs hero.

21st may topped it for me. [emoji898][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

King conrad
had a dream that hibs won the Scottish cup :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Stubbs is a Hibs hero.

I was at work on the 20th May 2016, it was crap.

:wink:

Thecat23
27-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Scottish Cup winning manager.

Mans a legend!

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Will always 💚Stubbsy for delivering the holy grail

Hibbyradge
27-08-2016, 10:15 PM
:faf:

I'm certain I typed 21 May.

matty_f
27-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Will always 💚Stubbsy for delivering the holy grail

:agree: I wish him nothing but success.

Leith's finest
27-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Stubbs is a Hibs hero.

Me to bud 20/0 5/ 16 went to corals an bet stokes to score 1st goal at 8/1 on the 21st he was only 7/1

northstandhibby
27-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Scottish Cup winning manager.

Mans a legend!

:top marks

Go oan yersel Stubbsy - Hibs Legend.

Mon the Cabbage

greiggy
27-08-2016, 10:39 PM
:faf:

I'm certain I typed 21 May.

It's a tough crowd! Fwiw I agree. Stubbs gave us one of the best memories any of us will ever have and it wouldn't have happened without him. Hope he gets his new team back on track but he's taken on a hard job.

Pete
27-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Don't understand anyone that takes any pleasure, no matter how little, in any of the legends not doing well.

I thought Stubbs was on a hiding to nothing and it was the wrong club but I wish him nothing but the best. I really hope he turns it around.

Jones28
27-08-2016, 10:47 PM
A hero no doubt, but would he have got us up? Maybe yes, maybe no. We will never know. All I know is our four goals came from four crosses into the box and four headers to meet them. Using all the options is something Stubbs never really realised with us.

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Stubbs will always be a club legend and a truly likeable person who brought in some great players and I wish him every success at whatever club he's at.

However I wouldn't swap Neil Lennon for him and I feel bad for saying that.

Pete
27-08-2016, 11:15 PM
However I wouldn't swap Neil Lennon for him and I feel bad for saying that.

I have to agree but I wouldn't feel bad.

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2016, 11:24 PM
I dare say the Rotherham fans will be going on about how 2 years in Scotland doesn't prepare you to manage in the heady heights of the English Championship and that he's out of his depth ..... but on the other hand even some of the best managers have failed to turn the sows ears at the arse end of English football into silk purses.

Good luck Stubbsy, looks like you are gonna need it.

Onceinawhile
27-08-2016, 11:35 PM
It's a tough crowd! Fwiw I agree. Stubbs gave us one of the best memories any of us will ever have and it wouldn't have happened without him. Hope he gets his new team back on track but he's taken on a hard job.

One of???

Onceinawhile
27-08-2016, 11:36 PM
A hero no doubt, but would he have got us up? Maybe yes, maybe no. We will never know. All I know is our four goals came from four crosses into the box and four headers to meet them. Using all the options is something Stubbs never really realised with us.

Not a word of a lie. Every time i watch the scottosch cup final highlights stubbsy gets me up

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Any manager or player who picks Rotherham over Hibs needs their head looked at, and can take the flack they will undoubtedly get as well.

Thanks for your contribution towards the cup win, but thank god we now have Lennon a manager who knows what it takes to get us out this hell hole of a division.

GreenArmy1875
28-08-2016, 01:07 AM
Rotherham job is a tough one regardless of previous success with us and he then when signed a few SPL/Championship players so clearly not the biggest budget so will do well to keep them up

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 01:20 AM
I will continue to wish Alan Stubbs well. The man is a legend.
He brought us The Holy Grail and a built a squad of quality players.

blaikie
28-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Stubbs is the best manager in my lifetime ..... He will always be a legend in my eyes 😊

The_Horde
28-08-2016, 02:06 AM
The man has made the move that will ruin his career. Poor. Wish him well but he's flogging a dead horse

Bay Area Hibees
28-08-2016, 03:18 AM
Legend.
Hope he turns it around.
Sorry he left.
Feel VERY lucky to have NL as manager.

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2016, 06:34 AM
Obviously a club legend for us but I'm glad he moved on when he did.

Over the moon with Neil Lennon, exactly what Hibs have needed for years.

mjhibby
28-08-2016, 07:01 AM
A legend of a manager and a person who had a great rapport with the team and lifted the club after relegation and having only 8 players signed when he took the job. His only fault was being too loyal to some players which is hardly a bad trait. Hope you get it sorted Alan.

bingo70
28-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Anyone who has any sort of bizarre I'll feeling towards Stubbs should read the link below.....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7229405/Ex-Hibs-boss-Stubbs-donates-Scottish-Cup-gong-to-raise-cash-for-good-causes.html

Waxy
28-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Love Stubbsy.

brog
28-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Anyone who has any sort of bizarre I'll feeling towards Stubbs should read the link below.....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7229405/Ex-Hibs-boss-Stubbs-donates-Scottish-Cup-gong-to-raise-cash-for-good-causes.html

Great article Bingo. AS is a fine man who gave us the greatest day of our Hibs supporting lives, that's it! PS, kudos to our club as well, great gesture. What a surprise, minimal publicity for this from the MSM!

Oscar T Grouch
28-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Talking of the Championship down there. My mates a Huddersfield supporter and he is one happy man at the moment. Hates Leeds Utd too, so he's happy about the 20 places between them.

lucky
28-08-2016, 07:33 AM
Always be a hero and legend but think it's a huge task trying to keep Rotherham up. The money in the championship means some clubs can buy players that Celtic can't afford.

The Falcon
28-08-2016, 07:37 AM
I dare say the Rotherham fans will be going on about how 2 years in Scotland doesn't prepare you to manage in the heady heights of the English Championship and that he's out of his depth ..... but on the other hand even some of the best managers have failed to turn the sows ears at the arse end of English football into silk purses.

Good luck Stubbsy, looks like you are gonna need it.

I suspect that it's Rotherham that are out of their depth.

Its going to take time if he is allowed it. I wish him well.

eastcoasthibby
28-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Good luck to Stubbs and I for one am glad he made the decision for the Board to move on to pastures new, because I don't think he would have got us up this year, his side's are onectrick ponies of passing football and not suited for the job that needs done in this league.
He left us in a good place squad wise and in Lennon we now have a manager that understands and has that added edge to his management and has already I troduced it our players on the park.
So in Stubbs,a hero moved on and hopefully another in the making this season in Neil Lennon.
GGTTH

worcesterhibby
28-08-2016, 07:42 AM
The moral of the story is..... Rotherham is a crap hole, dinnae go there.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Stubbs is a legend and I hope he sorts things out down there for his own career, if he doesn't it will be a long, long road back.

Still feel him leaving was probably best for us and him though. I said he should go after the Falkirk defeat but with the emotion of the SC win I said he should get another shot. He was never going to top that day though, and said as much himself, and his stock would never be higher. For out part we have replaced him well and look a team far more suited to getting ourselves out this league. Lennon has definitely brought something of himself to the team andbit's working for us at the minute.

The Falcon
28-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Great article Bingo. AS is a fine man who gave us the greatest day of our Hibs supporting lives, that's it! PS, kudos to our club as well, great gesture. What a surprise, minimal publicity for this from the MSM!

Its our way. Rangers and Hearts are phoning the press for photo ops if they do anything half decent as they try to manage the rebuilding of their reputations and credibilty after they have been exposed as liars and their thieves over the previous decades.

It only makes me more proud, despite the many, many hoofs in the stanes, to be a Hibby.

makaveli1875
28-08-2016, 07:57 AM
sorry to say it but stubbsy is going to be 1 of the 1st managers to be fired this season , he took over a struggling rotherham side in a league with some strong teams in it . the signings he has made are nowhere near good enough to win games in that league , theyre going down for sure

i said it when he left and il say it again , why the hell did he choose rotherham

oneone73
28-08-2016, 08:03 AM

Good read that.

HH81
28-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Talking of the Championship down there. My mates a Huddersfield supporter and he is one happy man at the moment. Hates Leeds Utd too, so he's happy about the 20 places between them.

I live in next town. As Huddersfield did £178.00 season tickets they are getting some good crowds this year. Was there last week and they were lucky but won. Good to watch free football though.

Due to so many I know with season tickets I was offered about 4 freebies yesterday. Was at Easter Road so had to turn them all down.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Stubbsy will always be a legend in my eyes... He rebuilt our club from one of its lowest ebbs and delivered the Holy Grail as well as some memorable wins againat both the Huns and the Yams. However he did fail twice to get us up and i dont think his style was suited to Championship football... We are a lot more direct under lennon and i think ultimately Stubbsy done the right thing moving on asa cup winning legend. He just chose the wrong club imo

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Whether we wish Stubbs well or not it won't make any bit of difference to his future at Rotherham. Looks more of a thread that we can eagerly use to bicker and scrap amongst ourselves on a day when our side is top of the table and looking good. If this is all we have to worry about then that's fine.

Tamhere1875
28-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Don't think the chairman down there will give him much more time to get it right

sleeping giant
28-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Love Stubbsy.

:agree:

Absolute legend

matty_f
28-08-2016, 10:42 AM

Bizarre is the right word. I have nothing but love for Stubbs.

Even taking away the cup that we won, her took us to another final, gave us great wins against The Rangers, the Yams, Aberdeen, Dundee United, St Johnstone, took us into Europe and raised our profile hugely.

mutley
28-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I would have liked to have seen Stubbs have 1 more season with us, but that was before Lennon was even thought about as a replacement. Wish him all the best and hope he can turn it around down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2016, 10:52 AM
I would have liked to have seen Stubbs have 1 move season with us, but that was before Lennon was even thought about as a replacement. Wish him all the best and hope he can turn it around down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the cup win he probably deserved another year, but i'm over the moon he left and we replaced him with better. :top marks

gillythehibby
28-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Hope Stubbs gets the time to get them up the league and can go on to better things. Still benused by Rotherham of all clubs tho. Makes you wonder

ancient hibee
28-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Don't think the chairman down there will give him much more time to get it right

No.Four games is obviously more than enough to get him the sack.

Keith_M
28-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Stubbs did two great things for Hibs in 2016;

Helped the club finally win the Scottish Cup... then moved aside and let us sign an even better manager who will get us promoted.

We should be grateful to him for both.

Eyrie
28-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Stubbs left at the right time for everyone involved but went to the wrong club as a number of us said at the time.

It was the right time for him to move because the Scottish Cup win gave him a profile in England that could only be tarnished by a third season in the second division, even if he won promotion.

It was the right time to let him leave because a number of us had come to question his tactics and personnel and were concerned about whether his lack of progress over two seasons would mean a third season of the same.

It was the wrong club to go to because Rotherham were always doing well to stay in the English Championship and were never likely to threaten the top half of the table given the greater resources of the clubs they're up against.

I'd like Stubbs to turn things round there but have my doubts that he will succeed.

brog
28-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I live in next town. As Huddersfield did £178.00 season tickets they are getting some good crowds this year. Was there last week and they were lucky but won. Good to watch free football though.

Due to so many I know with season tickets I was offered about 4 freebies yesterday. Was at Easter Road so had to turn them all down.

I was in Bermuda a couple of years ago. When Nakhi Wells scores for Huddersfield all the villages have banners out celebrating! Good player, surprised he's still there TBH.

Jack Hackett
28-08-2016, 01:10 PM
In a league that contains Villa, Leeds, Brighton, Newcastle, QPR, etc, etc....and a handicap to the league in the form of parachute payments to the 3 relegated clubs that could buy the whole of Scottish football, including the ugly sisters...Rotherham are exactly where they should be, and any Rotherham fans who think otherwise are showing delusion of hertzesque proportions. Personally, I think taking the Rotherham job was a massive mistake on his part.

Que sera, sera though. We are where we are now as a direct result of his cup success and subsequent departure. He is a Hibs Legend and will always deservedly be remembered as such.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Without the work and platers brought in by Stubbsy, I doubt whether we'd ever have had the ability to being in a manager of the calibre of Neil Lennon.

Granted huge credit must also go to oor LeeAnn but the squad that was assembled, made managing Hibernian FC (in our 3rd year as a championship side) a completely different proposition from a few years ago.

Wish AS all the best and hope his attacking and entertaining football can prevail before he gets the boot. Legend of a man in my eyes