PDA

View Full Version : scruffy touchline at the East Stand

itslegaltender
27-08-2016, 09:23 PM
The uneven grass on the border between pitch and the East Stand is needling my OCD big time. Now patches of grass growing sporadically right up the East Stand.

One day I'm getting out there with weed killer.

Petrie!

GreenCastle
27-08-2016, 09:29 PM
It doesn't look very tidy agreed.

Not a full on moan just looks like it's lacking TLC.

Surely the groundsman can just even it off ?

I'm still waiting 3 years for them to fix the east tannoy or lack of it. Absolute shambles trying to hear any announcements.

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Agreed .... like the OP I get really annoyed at anything that makes the stadium look scruffy. Failure to attend to small details like that indicate a possible lack of attention to bigger things, even that big dent in the metalwork above the entrance to the FF annoys me and its been there for years.

A Yam mate of mine posted some pictures of the entrances to Dens park at the start of the season and it was a disgrace, bits of broken signage all over the place, weeds growing out of the stairs and flaking paintwork ..... How difficult is it to get a few dozen fans to volunteer to hold a paintbrush, pull put some weeds and hire a skip. Our clubs might not be rich, but pride costs nothing, and there's no excuse for scruffy stadiums, especially when fans of most clubs are more than willing to pitch in if they are asked.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2016, 07:53 AM
I thought it was just me this annoyed. It's bugged me for about 3 seasons, I'm glad someone else has mentioned it.

I don't think it's any secret that money is being directed into the football team from everywhere and maybe these wee jobs are just not affordable at the moment? As said above maybe a wee clean up and bit general tlc could be organised by some volunteers. It was done in the past with the painting of the steps.

Oscar T Grouch
28-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Agreed .... like the OP I get really annoyed at anything that makes the stadium look scruffy. Failure to attend to small details like that indicate a possible lack of attention to bigger things, even that big dent in the metalwork above the entrance to the FF annoys me and its been there for years.

A Yam mate of mine posted some pictures of the entrances to Dens park at the start of the season and it was a disgrace, bits of broken signage all over the place, weeds growing out of the stairs and flaking paintwork ..... How difficult is it to get a few dozen fans to volunteer to hold a paintbrush, pull put some weeds and hire a skip. Our clubs might not be rich, but pride costs nothing, and there's no excuse for scruffy stadiums, especially when fans of most clubs are more than willing to pitch in if they are asked.

I was thinking this the other night. I pass the stadium twice a day to and from work. Walking past the shop I noticed the shutters are manky. Theyve never been cleaned. The dents on the entrance to the FF do my nut in. We should take it down or repair it. Other things like the vent covers on the FF which are also filthy. I would be happy to volunteer some time to clean these areas, the club should fix the dented awning. If we don't maintain the stadium properly it will deteriorate quickly. Is there someone on the working together group that could raise this as an issue and we can go about organising volunteer groups?

andy1875
28-08-2016, 08:38 AM
I was thinking this the other night. I pass the stadium twice a day to and from work. Walking past the shop I noticed the shutters are manky. Theyve never been cleaned. The dents on the entrance to the FF do my nut in. We should take it down or repair it. Other things like the vent covers on the FF which are also filthy. I would be happy to volunteer some time to clean these areas, the club should fix the dented awning. If we don't maintain the stadium properly it will deteriorate quickly. Is there someone on the working together group that could raise this as an issue and we can go about organising volunteer groups?

I was at the club shop on Friday afternoon and there was someone out with a power hose cleaning down the shutters and windows, as well as a few workies right underneath the entrance to hospitality (dented entrance). Maybe looking into getting it sorted.

GreenCastle
28-08-2016, 08:40 AM
They really need to relay the 3G surrounding the pitch as don't think it's been done for several years.

We have such a beautiful stadium I still think it needs more character inside and outside.

More Hibs branding and even some large banners on the side of the stands - I know these aren't cheap though - is there a new one going up on the side of the FF stand ?

Plus more signage on stadium like the harps they added to West Stand.

Oscar T Grouch
28-08-2016, 08:42 AM
I was at the club shop on Friday afternoon and there was someone out with a power hose cleaning down the shutters and windows, as well as a few workies right underneath the entrance to hospitality (dented entrance). Maybe looking into getting it sorted.

That's great news. 👍🏻

Real Emerald
28-08-2016, 09:06 AM
The uneven grass on the border between pitch and the East Stand is needling my OCD big time. Now patches of grass growing sporadically right up the East Stand.

Petrie!
Agree, we've been saying it for a while now. An easy fix to tidy it up and if I was the groundsman taking pride in the pitch this would bug the hell out of me. It's like cutting your grass but leaving your borders covered in weeds 😡 At least our attention is being drawn to the much improved on field goings on these days 👍

Hibeesforever
28-08-2016, 09:39 AM
A good point, the attention to detail is important. The FF has painted steps that painted along the wall too and it looks dreadful. A steward just laughed when I mentioned it, poor show as it wouldn't take much to smarten the finish.

Tamhere1875
28-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Was never like that when Wee Tam was the groundsman

Bring back McCourt

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 10:20 AM
What's wonderful about this thread is that it was not that long ago that our on field woes were such that nobody batted an eyelid or commented on the general state of repair of our stadium.
The fact that so many little issues are being brought to light is testimony to the feel-good factor surrounding our club.
:flag::flag:

GreenCastle
28-08-2016, 10:22 AM
What's wonderful about this thread is that it was not that long ago that our on field woes were such that nobody batted an eyelid or commented on the general state of repair of our stadium.
The fact that so many little issues are being brought to light is testimony to the feel-good factor surrounding our club.
:flag::flag:

We need something to moan about :)

Hi Heid Yin
28-08-2016, 10:26 AM
We need something to moan about :)

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

cabbageandribs1875
28-08-2016, 10:48 AM
off topic but...what was that all about with the belly dancer in the East :greengrin outside then inside

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2016, 10:57 AM
No excuse for slipshod standards. Feel bloody ashamed to be a Hibs fan today.

BullsCloseHibs
28-08-2016, 11:04 AM
It doesn't look very tidy agreed.

Not a full on moan just looks like it's lacking TLC.

Surely the groundsman can just even it off ?

I'm still waiting 3 years for them to fix the east tannoy or lack of it. Absolute shambles trying to hear any announcements.

It's Alex Miller's fault

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2016, 11:05 AM

Good to hear. As I said, its all about pride in your club and part of that is making sure it presents a professional face to the public, if you have a scruffy looking stadium you aint doing that .... It doesn't have to be Wembley, but even the oldest grounds benefit from a lick of paint and plugging the leaks in the stand roof.

Ricky Bobby
28-08-2016, 11:16 AM

Petrie!

I thought it was just me. Surely would not take much to sort it out.
We dont want ER to start looking like ramshackle hoofball grounds like the one in Midlothian

Lago
28-08-2016, 11:54 AM
I thought it was just me this annoyed. It's bugged me for about 3 seasons, I'm glad someone else has mentioned it.

I don't think it's any secret that money is being directed into the football team from everywhere and maybe these wee jobs are just not affordable at the moment? As said above maybe a wee clean up and bit general tlc could be organised by some volunteers. It was done in the past with the painting of the steps.
In days gone bye the club's apprentices would be involved in some of these duties. Does that no longer happen, maybe showing my age here.