PDA

View Full Version : There's something very positive happening at ER

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 07:28 PM
And the best bit is I think there is better to come. Scottish Cup hoodoo over, the new manager's taken over a great group of players and is able to hit the ground running. Attendances well up, good football being played, 100% record in the league so far, genuine quality that adds something different to the team added. A resounding tanking of a team who beat us 3-0 last time we played at ER.

I've got a feeling that there's better yet to come. I don't think that we'd have such a good team for Lennon to take over without Stubbs and I think that once we get back into the top league we're going to be much healthier than we were before we were relegated. Things are starting to fall right into place.

Not just this season, but future seasons, I can't help but feeling we're beginning to see the start of something brilliant.

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 07:30 PM
And the best bit is I think there is better to come. Scottish Cup hoodoo over, the new manager's taken over a great group of players and is able to hit the ground running. Attendances well up, good football being played, 100% record in the league so far, genuine quality that adds something different to the team added. A resounding tanking of a team who beat us 3-0 last time we played at ER.

I've got a feeling that there's better yet to come. I don't think that we'd have such a good team for Lennon to take over without Stubbs and I think that once we get back into the top league we're going to be much healthier than we were before we were relegated. Things are starting to fall right into place.

Not just this season, but future seasons, I can't help but feeling we're beginning to see the start of something brilliant.

Agreed. No teams from the league above will want to draw us in the cup.

MWHIBBIES
27-08-2016, 07:33 PM
I remember reading a similar thread after Yogis good start. One game at a time eh?

Sir David Gray
27-08-2016, 07:34 PM
This is just the beginning.

We're still a long way from where we want to be and where we should be.

This club should be looking to finish top four in the Premiership every single season.

I have no doubt that we will be back in the Premiership next season and once that's been achieved we need to build on that and see where it takes us.

Golden Bear
27-08-2016, 07:37 PM
We've got a great squad of players and a Manager who will simply not tolerate inept performances. The players look as though they're enjoying playing for the Club and are willing to give 100% every game.

This is the most positive I've felt since the Mowbray days and I can't wait for the next game to come along.

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Lenny's take on things

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 07:43 PM
I love how we're no longer scared to invest heavily for the right staff. John McGinn's transfer fee. Grant Holt won't be cheap but his experience and intelligence will be huge. Going for Neil Lennon showed huge ambition. Turning down over one and a half million for Jason Cummings showed proper resolve.

When Scott Allan wanted to leave not only was it on our terms but we got the deal of the century - Henderson on Loan, Dylan McGeouch permanent plus cash.

We've now got for the first time in a while a team where we have several players who would strengthen many squads and if they ever are to leave it'll be to our notable profit and I also trust that would be reinvested in the team.

The Scott Allan deal had Rod Petrie and his "take every penny as prisoner" attitude written all over it but the signings in the way haven't been. Perfect combo.

27-08-2016, 07:43 PM
This club has changed massively. Relegation, although a total nightmare, sparked a full revamp of the club from top to bottom.

The happy times are back at ER. Feel good factor is sky high and going along to ER is now a joy rather than a dreaded experience.

tamig
27-08-2016, 07:46 PM
I remember reading a similar thread after Yogis good start. One game at a time eh?

There wasn't the same quality in Yogi's squad. Most of that good start was down to Stokes being on fire and was full of odd goal wins - quite a few where the result could have gone either way. This squad is on a different level.

greenlex
27-08-2016, 07:48 PM
This club has changed massively. Relegation, although a total nightmare, sparked a full revamp of the club from top to bottom.

The happy times are back at ER. Feel good factor is sky high and going along to ER is now a joy rather than a dreaded experience.
I think its fair to say the revamp had started just before relegation. Granted relegation may have rid of a former England Captain a bit quicker than had we not been.

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 07:49 PM

I'm looking back since relegation on this one - I don't think I've seen as bad a team as the one who lost 2-0 to Hamilton on the day at ER. Awful football, awful result, awful manager, awful signings, awful atmosphere, no hope. Stubbs has brought in real, true technical ability and a Scottish Cup and Neil Lennon is adding something else entirely on top of that.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 08:02 PM
There's a period of success on the horizon imo.

We can't get complacent but everything is in place for Hibs to flourish whilst clubs of a similar size still have huge infastructure projects to invest in.

Despite being in the 2nd tier I'm as optimistic about Hibs as I have been in nearly a decade.

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Something is deffo brewing down ER way - the whole place feels so positive at the moment and we have righted the wrongs of last 2 seasons by starting well. Get up this season and we can really flourish in top flight

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

27-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I think its fair to say the revamp had started just before relegation. Granted relegation may have rid of a former England Captain a bit quicker than had we not been.

Lets be honest, the relegation had been a long time in the making. Year upon year of garbage. Bringing in wage thief journeymen. Our club had been in decline for a long time. Look at the standard of players we bring in now compared to just a few years ago.

I will never accept relegation was a good thing for this club but maybe we had to sink that low for things to change. The club is so different now and I feel Leaann and co have re built a lot of trust with the fans. We now have a team of players that actually care about the club instead of nomarks who couldn't give a ****.

The fans are back in numbers so lets keep the momentum going and make this another enjoyable season and see ourselves back up to where we belong. The real test of how far we've come will be when we are back in the premiership but for now we are where we are so lets just embrace it and hopefully we can become champions and be celebrating again in May.

Drumlanrig
27-08-2016, 08:27 PM
There wasn't the same quality in Yogi's squad. Most of that good start was down to Stokes being on fire and was full of odd goal wins - quite a few where the result could have gone either way. This squad is on a different level.
Spot on post ! Hughes was very lucky in so many games!

ACLeith
27-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Lets be honest, the relegation had been a long time in the making. Year upon year of garbage. Bringing in wage thief journeymen. Our club had been in decline for a long time. Look at the standard of players we bring in now compared to just a few years ago.

I will never accept relegation was a good thing for this club but maybe we had to sink that low for things to change. The club is so different now and I feel Leaann and co have re built a lot of trust with the fans. We now have a team of players that actually care about the club instead of nomarks who couldn't give a ****.

The fans are back in numbers so lets keep the momentum going and make this another enjoyable season and see ourselves back up to where we belong. The real test of how far we've come will be when we are back in the premiership but for now we are where we are so lets just embrace it and hopefully we can become champions and be celebrating again in May.

And I expect further addition to the squad before the window closes.

fulshie
27-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Stick to 4-4-2 and we'll be fine. I agree with the fact that things are good. Long may it continue.:flag:

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Morton's fishy site has an interesting and accurate match report!

http://gmfc.net/2016/08/27/match-report-hibs-4-0-morton/

27-08-2016, 08:38 PM
And I expect further addition to the squad before the window closes.

Yep. As a bit of a laugh, myself and a couple other hibs pals the other night put together a "worst hibs 11 since 2001" and god almighty the list we came up with was huge. Some of the names on it brought back shuddering memories. It did however highlight the amount of dross we had brought in over the years.

O'Rourke3
27-08-2016, 08:42 PM
That fan will never work in media. Far too accuarate

DaveF
27-08-2016, 08:46 PM

That is indeed a rarity to read something like that from the opposition website. Well done to the guy for an honest assessment of the match :agree:

Col2
27-08-2016, 09:48 PM
The real difference for me is something that can't be bought or trained.

The club is full of winners, top drawer winners and the fans have a confidence and pride I have never felt for the 35 years watching them.

The feel good factor is so tangible and with a stronger mentality and physical presence we should walk this league.

I don't expect to win every game but I do expect and predict winning 85%+ of games and that will result in league title and promotion by March but in effect wrapped up by end of year.

brog
27-08-2016, 09:56 PM
That is indeed a rarity to read something like that from the opposition website. Well done to the guy for an honest assessment of the match :agree:

Sure is, Traynor would have described it as 4 offside goals with the Morton players being fearful of getting a physical hiding! Excellent report!

heidtheba
27-08-2016, 10:05 PM

I think the difference here is that not only is there such a feel-good factor, we've got that enormous hoodoo out of the road. I'm not sure I'll explain this analogy well but here goes...

I think the SC win gave us that safety net that people who used to be in Who Wants to be a Millionaire had. That thing where they hit a certain amount and they know that no matter how crap it's going to go, they've got something that can't be taken away from them. The SC win finally gave the fans something that can't be taken away. Something massive was achieved. Before that id didn't matter how well we did in the league, how close we came in the cups, how good a European performance was or how much we got for star players, we didn't 'have' anything to show for it. Now we do. It's like we've hit that safety mark and whilst there's much higher expectation I also think there's a much deeper sense of calm. Before, a few good results were like a new coat of paint - look good, felt good but easy to scrape away at and didn't amount to much.

OK too many analogies I know but...well, the good times see you through the bad times. The good times, esp ones which can never be taken away, they give you more resolve, more of a deep rooted position of strength. We've got players who 'hibsed it' in the direst of circumstances (with the LC and the play off just fresh in their minds) and they'll take SO much strength from that. They'll also pass that on to the players around them. New players, hopefully even youth players, will be supported by a squad that's won things, that's won the crowd, that's proved to everyone (themselves included) that they can do it.

This can only be good.

Thecat23
27-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Yogi wasn't Neil Lennon though. This team is very good and although we will drop points along the way it won't be many. No one will be near us this season.

ronaldo7
28-08-2016, 07:29 AM

Great report from the Morton guy. Nice to see them giving a bit of space for Graham, who I think will be a fantastic signing for us. A fantastic goal, with plenty more to come.:aok:

BT58
28-08-2016, 07:43 AM
Very good report. 14k home support.4-0 win.Entertaining football. Brilliant day. Still buzzin

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 07:44 AM
There's a buzz about the place!

lucky
28-08-2016, 07:55 AM

That's more pro Hibs than the one of the Hibs site!

Keith_M
28-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Last season's home attendances against Morton: 8,923 & 8,655

Yesterdays' Attendance: 14,500

That's some difference!

J-C
28-08-2016, 08:00 AM
The cup final win has given this team a new found confidence, they have a bit more swagger and real belief in their abilities, confidence can always make a huge difference to a team and long may it continue.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Last season's home attendances against Morton: 8,923 & 8,655

Yesterdays' Attendance: 14,500

That's some difference!

And a golden chance to build something lasting

Highland_Hibee
28-08-2016, 08:53 AM
If we can surpass 14,500 at home to Greenock Morton then the club is really onto something when we return to the top league. Keep it up Hibees, we have the product on the park now so enjoy it! :hibees

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2016, 09:04 AM
14,500 at home to Morton for second tier Scottish football is pretty damn good, however you spin it. It was a pleasure walking to ER through the atmosphere of carnivalesque optimism that has descended on the club since the cup win.

Two interlocking factors are at play, I think: 1) people want to keep the Scottish vibe going, let the party euphoria bounce along, and 2) it has lifted a monkey off the club's back. We now self-perceive us as a big city club in a great stadium with top facilities, who can know sustained success, without the deep-seated psychological notion that we are in some ways 'cursed'.

The first will naturally dissipate, but the second will be built upon.

Onion
28-08-2016, 09:11 AM
If we can surpass 14,500 at home to Greenock Morton then the club is really onto something when we return to the top league. Keep it up Hibees, we have the product on the park now so enjoy it! :hibees

Pleased for Leanne Dempster. Apart from us still being in the Championship, the turn around must be everything she hoped for when coming to Hibs.

Not sure even Hibernian FC appreciated the impact a Scot Cup win would have on the fans and atmosphere around ER.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 09:12 AM
14,500 at home to Morton for second tier Scottish football is pretty damn good, however you spin it. It was a pleasure walking to ER through the atmosphere of carnivalesque optimism that has descended on the club since the cup win.

Two interlocking factors are at play, I think: 1) people want to keep the Scottish vibe going, let the party euphoria bounce along, and 2) it has lifted a monkey off the club's back. We now self-perceive us as a big city club in a great stadium with top facilities, who can know sustained success, without the deep-seated psychological notion that we are in some ways 'cursed'.

I love reading your posts you should be a writer 👍

DickieDastardly
28-08-2016, 09:14 AM
While I can't get to Saturday matches at the moment from the outside looking in it reminds me of the McLeish division one season. There was a real feel good factor then, the squad he built was too strong for the opposition and we had great attendances.....

jacomo
28-08-2016, 09:18 AM

What made you so grumpy?

jacomo
28-08-2016, 09:20 AM

Another thing about big attendances - I expect we will get an offer for one or more of our players before the transfer window shuts. Big crowds will only help Hibs to reject them.

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Another thing about big attendances - I expect we will get an offer for one or more of our players before the transfer window shuts. Big crowds will only help Hibs to reject them.
We are aware that every player has a price. You get the feeling however that unless that bid is 3-5 million then no one is leaving this season.The bigger crowds can take us to the next level and yes there is another level.
That for me is the most exciting thing here just how high can we aim,player recruitment has really excelled over the last few seasons it really looks like the days of signing duds is over.
These 14-15 thousand crowds are almost baffling in this league but what I saw yesterday was Hibs players raising there game and playing to a standard that the manager will demand every week.I also thought some of the morton players looked a little scared so we the fans can and do play our part by turning up for every home game in our considerable numbers.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

jacomo
28-08-2016, 10:18 AM
We are aware that every player has a price. You get the feeling however that unless that bid is 3-5 million then no one is leaving this season.The bigger crowds can take us to the next level and yes there is another level.
That for me is the most exciting thing here just how high can we aim,player recruitment has really excelled over the last few seasons it really looks like the days of signing duds is over.
These 14-15 thousand crowds are almost baffling in this league but what I saw yesterday was Hibs players raising there game and playing to a standard that the manager will demand every week.I also thought some of the morton players looked a little scared so we the fans can and do play our part by turning up for every home game in our considerable numbers.

No wonder the Morton players were scared. They've read about Hibs fans in the Daily Record.

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 10:21 AM
No wonder the Morton players were scared. They've read about Hibs fans in the Daily Record.
Oh is that what it is lol