PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings baby

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 06:32 PM
He plays, he scores. Apparently he doesn't do anything else!!! I definitely saw him today receive the ball on the wing and put in an inch perfect cross for Graham to score. Doubters can keep doubting, the rest of us can enjoy what we've got. Legend.

Weststandwanab
27-08-2016, 06:43 PM
He plays, he scores. Apparently he doesn't do anything else!!! I definitely saw him today receive the ball on the wing and put in an inch perfect cross for Graham to score. Doubters can keep doubting, the rest of us can enjoy what we've got. Legend.

When I read the title I imagined it was some disillusioned female looking to get laid by JC

I was disappointed with the wasted effort in the first half with his right foot -especially as we had yet to score - but that cross (admittedly with his left) made up for it.

The minute he hit it I was on my feet shouting I could score from that cross.

Well it my age I am allowed to dream !

Hats off though what can cross Louis take note.

Peevemor
27-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Guys like Cummings and SJM, even in their quieter games, tie up the opposition players who are marking them thus creating space for everyone else. Any time one of them gets the ball there are always 2-3 guys on them straight away.

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 06:46 PM
When I read the title I imagined it was some disillusioned female looking to get laid by JC

I was disappointed with the wasted effort in the first half with his right foot -especially as we had yet to score - but that cross (admittedly with his left) made up for it.

The minute he hit it I was on my feet shouting I could score from that cross.

Well it my age I am allowed to dream !

I was on the other side of that cross and it was a goal as soon as it left his foot. It must be great to play along side a talent like JC

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Guys like Cummings and SJM, even in their quieter games, tie up the opposition players who are marking them thus creating space for everyone else. Any time one of them gets the ball there are always 2-3 guys on them straight away.

Apart from David Gray obviously. Legends are unmarkable, just ask Andy Halliday.

Saturday Boy
27-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Apart from David Gray obviously. Legends are unmarkable, just ask Andy Halliday.

Is he the guy that could've won the cup? :wink:

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 07:04 PM
My mate likes to wind me up by referring to Jason as a 'one trick pony' (goals and now't else) He's changed his tune now :greengrin

brog
27-08-2016, 07:15 PM
My mate likes to wind me up by referring to Jason as a 'one trick pony' (goals and now't else) He's changed his tune now :greengrin

Even if he was John, it's not a bad trick to have. Darren Bent is your archetypical striker who can do nothing else, in fact he can't even strike now, & he's commanded total fees of about £60m in his career!

Haymaker
27-08-2016, 07:17 PM

Yes it is. However I believe he ****ed it up.

Saturday Boy
27-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Yes it is. However I believe he ****ed it up.

At least he doesn't wear a hat :wink:

matty_f
27-08-2016, 07:19 PM
The cross was perfect, best cross I've seen since Loan Henderson last took a corner at Hampden.

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 07:20 PM

The very man, but he ****ed it up. :greengrin i

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Even if he was John, it's not a bad trick to have. Darren Bent is your archetypical striker who can do nothing else, in fact he can't even strike now, & he's commanded total fees of about £60m in his career!

Indeed. A point I never tire of making to my mate :greengrin

Pete
27-08-2016, 07:21 PM
The cross was perfect, best cross I've seen since Loan Henderson last took a corner at Hampden.

Loan Henderson?

Reported.

gazzag70
27-08-2016, 07:22 PM
If all Jason does is score lots of goals then I will be happy with that,anything else is a bonus.

SunshineOnLeith
27-08-2016, 07:22 PM

Sentence of the year, tbf.

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Loan Henderson?

Reported.

"Oh Loan Henderson, how can we repay you for your cup final corners?"

"With interest"

ballengeich
27-08-2016, 08:06 PM
It looked to me today like Jason's maturing as a player. He's getting better at judging when to pass and when to take someone on himself. Credit to him and the coaches.

Joe6-2
27-08-2016, 08:15 PM

I'm sure if that were the case, would we give a toss? The games about results, goals make results!

Green Badger
27-08-2016, 08:17 PM
I also think his work rate is excellent, closing down opposing defenders and goalkeepers.

southsider
27-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Graham's header went I like a bullet. Reminded me of the great Neil Martin. No higher praise

J-C
27-08-2016, 10:07 PM
I think we all knew JC was a rough diamond who needed to add a lot to his game, scoring was always a dawdle for him but he's gradually adding a lot more to his game, definitely improving.

Bishop Hibee
27-08-2016, 10:16 PM
He's been excellent this season. His all round play is better and he is using his right foot for more than standing on. My Man of the Match today although their were a few candidates and a worthy winner in Fyvie.

Leith's finest
27-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Jason u are a caaaaaaaaànt, I bet you to score 1st goal at 7/2 a double wi sparky at 5/2

AugustaHibs
27-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Congratulations JC, who's the mother?

northstandhibby
27-08-2016, 10:26 PM
I think we all knew JC was a rough diamond who needed to add a lot to his game, scoring was always a dawdle for him but he's gradually adding a lot more to his game, definitely improving.

:top marks

Ever since Lennie introduced him to stars of football in Paris and signed a four year contract he's worked harder than ever. Jason Cummings - Scottish Cup Hibs Legend.

Mon the Cabbage

Hibbyradge
27-08-2016, 10:30 PM

:faf:

Highland_Hibee
27-08-2016, 11:31 PM
Not since Deek have we had a rough diamond to work with such as this. JC appears much more mature than Riordan was at this stage. JC maybe doesn't score the same great goals but he is great at goal scoring and that is most valued. We ain't gonna lose him for 500k to the lesser greens either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
27-08-2016, 11:32 PM

No apostrophe.

trev the hat
27-08-2016, 11:43 PM

His Swagger after an assist is just as good as a goal & good to see him setting up his teammates with authority

Glory Lurker
27-08-2016, 11:53 PM
He is a better player than he was last season, and he was obviously good then. To improve in the space of a few months? In Lennon we trust.

O'Rourke3
28-08-2016, 12:06 AM

No apostrophe.

In Who's? or was the post edited? :confused:

Bostonhibby
28-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Hammer of the Hertz and they let him go for nothing. Good enough for me. Push on Jason!

Baw187
28-08-2016, 12:35 AM
I have to admit, at the time he missed that stupid penalty in the semi against Utd, I'd have happily got shot if him. Felt he wasn't all that great and his ego surpassed his ability.

Glad to say, since the beginning of this pre season, he's looked to have developed in to a great player. Especially considering his age. Keep it up Jason, pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
28-08-2016, 07:56 AM
In the first half he ballooned a ball over the bar with his right foot, before he'd have taken a touch to get it on to his left and maybe taken too long with folk moaning about not taking it with his right, it looks like he's been working on his right peg and trying to use it more, for me that's an improvement.

lucky
28-08-2016, 08:10 AM
He's looking a far better player than last year, he's bulked up a bit, playing with his head up and still scoring goals. I hope he's at Hibs for the next couple of seasons and continues to develop. He will get a big money move to far better club than Peterborough

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 08:17 AM
He's looking a far better player than last year, he's bulked up a bit, playing with his head up and still scoring goals. I hope he's at Hibs for the next couple of seasons and continues to develop. He will get a big money move to far better club than Peterborough

True and I think we have a common sense manager in Lennon who will command Cummings respect and he will appreciate another couple of years am under Lennon at hibs will bring his game on and he will get a far bigger move than those open to him presently

s.a.m
28-08-2016, 08:38 AM

Cummings baby / Cummings' baby

The Leith Dutch
28-08-2016, 09:42 AM

Sorry - I know it's a JC thread but there was a particularly lovely bit of play from McGinn in the second half where he escaped 4 of their players and set off towards goal. Magic to watch.

Here's hoping we get to enjoy them for a wee bit longer and then follow a couple of good careers in England :)

O'Rourke3
28-08-2016, 09:50 AM
True and I think we have a common sense manager in Lennon who will command Cummings respect and he will appreciate another couple of years am under Lennon at hibs will bring his game on and he will get a far bigger move than those open to him presently

OK, didn't realise it was the title not the post. I read thread title in an Austin Powers fashion so don't think it needs one....:greengrin

cmcd
28-08-2016, 09:55 AM

In my humble opinion Stevensons crossing of the ball was excellent .

snooky
28-08-2016, 12:25 PM
No apostrophe.

:greengrin
VG, oiaw.

jacomo
28-08-2016, 01:58 PM

Agreed, the moaning about him is very tiresome.

Only bonus is that the moaners are fewer in number, as more people realise what's what.

If he were in the peak of his career, you'd still take him for his goal scoring ability. As a young player still learning and developing, he's a great asset to our club.

Onceinawhile
28-08-2016, 02:13 PM

In the thread title.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2016, 03:26 PM
I strongly believe that Jason is developing well due to both the coaching he's now getting and the fact that Grant Holt is his striking partner. Holt talks to him non stop during a game and Jason is listening. Long may it continue!

Jack
28-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Pah!

Anyone who thinks that was a deliberate cross needs their heid examined. It was quite obviously a poor shot at goal from the selfish one trick pony that Graham was lucky to get his heid on!

;-)