PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

Humo
27-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Another great attendance today in 14,508! Hopefully if we keep winning games like that we can keep the numbers up!

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
27-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Well done everyone. Great to see ER busier and making some noise.

Let's keep this going.

We aren't at home for another 3 week so plenty time to fill it up.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2016, 05:33 PM
very VERY disappointed at the very low yamboid turnout(about 4) which got me thinking, it's obvious they only appear when a healthy away support is expected, so they can swiftly mingle in with the away fans after the game and scurry away without being noticed...:agree:

Keith_M
27-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Today's Attendance was 1,900 less than the last home game against The Pars.

The Fans are deserting Hibs in their droves!!

:greengrin

In all serious, another fantastic attendance

#somethingsbrewingathibs

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2016, 05:40 PM
very VERY disappointed at the very low yamboid turnout(about 4) which got me thinking, it's obvious they only appear when a healthy away support is expected, so they can swiftly mingle in with the away fans after the game and scurry away without being noticed...:agree:

oh aye and p.s. poor turnout by the seagulls as well...call themselves fans tae

erin go bragh
27-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Another great attendance today in 14,508! Hopefully if we keep winning games like that we can keep the numbers up!

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Our end looked just as busy today as the Pars game . That's from the FF lower ,
Great win . Morton were lucky to get nil .

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Its pretty clear that folk with season tickets are still missing games though ... the section of the FF we sit in was red before kick off, but there was quite a few empty seats in front of us. 14,500 is a great turnout though and that was against Morton .... if we keep up the results we could be looking at over 17,000 when we play Dundee Utd, Falkirk and Raith Rovers :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2016, 06:41 PM
taking out parkhead

1,609 @ Hamilton
2,729 @ Caley
4,078 @ firpark
4,919 @ Maryhill

= 13,335

not a bad crowd at Rugby park last night though = 11,800

Liberal Hibby
27-08-2016, 06:45 PM
taking out parkhead

1,609 @ Hamilton
2,729 @ Caley
4,078 @ firpark
4,919 @ Maryhill

= 13,334

So second highest crowd in Scotland at ER and the fourth highest at Tannadice. So where's the coverage of the Championship on Sportscene?

Dibben
27-08-2016, 06:47 PM
taking out parkhead

1,609 @ Hamilton
2,729 @ Caley
4,078 @ firpark
4,919 @ Maryhill

= 13,335

Lol... Big league - yer havin' a laff!

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2016, 06:47 PM
So second highest crowd in Scotland at ER and the fourth highest at Tannadice. So where's the coverage of the Championship on Sportscene?

just looking at that, pretty decent turnout at tannadice 7,434

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Lol... Big league - yer havin' a laff!

pity there's a 3 week break before Ayr come to ER with a game at Dumbarton before it, hopefully get a win through there and keep the momentum, todays performance/result is one we've been longing for to finally get the missing ones back more regularly hopefully

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2016, 06:52 PM
taking out parkhead

1,609 @ Hamilton
2,729 @ Caley
4,078 @ firpark
4,919 @ Maryhill

= 13,335

The Rangers made up about 9000 of that

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Win the league this year and the potential is huge. Performances like today will help keep people interested.

Good on all those who have come back and here's hoping they keep doing so and commit to the half ST in December.

Hibby70
27-08-2016, 07:04 PM
The Ayr game is the only one in September. With it also being a Hibs Kids day we could have a pretty spectacular crowd.

Get your tickets early folks, I'm predicting a full red map by the Friday.

the pie eater
27-08-2016, 07:14 PM
On the train up this morning. A few hibees fi blackburn way. Hopefully the lancs hibs will be reborn shortly. Good game today and 2 speacial goals. I go to see hibs to be entertained. I was today.

Saturday Boy
27-08-2016, 07:15 PM
The Ayr game is the only one in September. With it also being a Hibs Kids day we could have a pretty spectacular crowd.

I'm almost disappointed I miss out on this new found, late rush ticket scramble, having renewed my season ticket back in wintry March.

It's great to see, and the big crowds, good performances and results generate more interest. A big crowd today will encourage more to come along next time (especially after wins away at Turiff and Dumbarton) the cycle hopefully continuing throughout the season.

Billy Whizz
27-08-2016, 07:20 PM

Maybe the club will look at putting some Hibs fans in the South, we can't turn down revenue

Keith_M
27-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Its pretty clear that folk with season tickets are still missing games though ... the section of the FF we sit in was red before kick off, but there was quite a few empty seats in front of us.

Loads of the Season Tickets in the FF Front are really cheap kids tickets and they're still really good value for money even if they miss half the games.

I think a lot of them do just that... maybe cos their parents just want peace from them for a while and go to the games by themselves occasionally ;-)

Famous Fiver
27-08-2016, 07:22 PM
If we could have got the seagulls to pay to get in we would have been over the 20,000 mark.

LancashireHibby
27-08-2016, 07:24 PM
On the train up this morning. A few hibees fi blackburn way. Hopefully the lancs hibs will be reborn shortly. Good game today and 2 speacial goals. I go to see hibs to be entertained. I was today.
I think all credit should go to your (sober, for today at least) carer who very patiently puts up with you, even when you were convinced we were playing Dumbarton and not Morton!

Just Alf
27-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Its pretty clear that folk with season tickets are still missing games though ... the section of the FF we sit in was red before kick off, but there was quite a few empty seats in front of us. 14,500 is a great turnout though and that was against Morton .... if we keep up the results we could be looking at over 17,000 when we play Dundee Utd, Falkirk and Raith Rovers :aok:
Ive a brief in FF upper and due to a changed (again) work schedule ive still to attend a game!!!! Grrrŕ :-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
27-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Maybe the club will look at putting some Hibs fans in the South, we can't turn down revenue

A singing section in the south could work this season . Put the away fans in the upper tier .

Real Emerald
27-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Just remember the pundits waxing lyrical about how good it was for teams like Hamilton to win promotion, yes guys you got it, Hamilton, Partick Thistle nil, Ross County, Inverness Caledonian ******g Thistle. These arse holes can't see the wood for the trees. The Premiership is dying but as long as Ranger and Celtic are winning who cares.

We really have to structure our leagues to make sure the big clubs (in Scottish terms) are protected and the league is not turned into a farce and canon former for the weegie bigots. Keep the Jags there for the 'banter' though..... aye right😡

GreenCastle
27-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Even in the east where I sit still a few gaps in middle sections so people are certainly still to come back as the map shows red.

Club should be pushing the Ayr game once again to sell out our end - hopefully 2 good results before then will help also.

H18 SFR
27-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Even in the east where I sit still a few gaps in middle sections so people are certainly still to come back as the map shows red.

Club should be pushing the Ayr game once again to sell out our end - hopefully 2 good results before then will help also.

I've been living in Ayr for a good few years now, hopefully Ayr pick up a win in the Irn Bru cup and the week before they play us to encourage more of their fans to come along to Easter Road. Speaking to them literally just now and they are fearful that we are going to absolutely hammer them - their defence is very vulnerable it seems.

As there is a good crowd of us travelling together for this one from Ayr we are staying in Edinburgh for the night, I've just purchased two tickets for two of my mates who neither support Hibs nor Ayr - similar colour of strip right enough and they hold a soft spot for Lennon, the power of the Hibees.

Its worth encouraging mates to come, my best mate down here is an Ayr season ticket holder and travelled with me to Easter Road last year a minimum of 10 times. He's already been to the Brondby games with me this year. Get your mates along!

LancashireHibby
27-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Just remember the pundits waxing lyrical about how good it was for teams like Hamilton to win promotion, yes guys you got it, Hamilton, Partick Thistle nil, Ross County, Inverness Caledonian ******g Thistle. These arse holes can't see the wood for the trees. The Premiership is dying but as long as Ranger and Celtic are winning who cares.

We really have to structure our leagues to make sure the big clubs (in Scottish terms) are protected and the league is not turned into a farce and canon former for the weegie bigots. Keep the Jags there for the 'banter' though..... aye right😡

Those clubs are up there because they deserve to be there. If anything it shows the sheer mismanagement of Hibs (and Rangers, Hearts, Dundee Utd etc) that these smaller clubs can keep staying up at the expense of the 'bigger' clubs.

matty_f
27-08-2016, 09:46 PM
I hope people keep coming back, the buzz around Easter Road this afternoon before kick off was brilliant. It's great to see the place so busy.

Real Emerald
27-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Those clubs are up there because they deserve to be there. If anything it shows the sheer mismanagement of Hibs (and Rangers, Hearts, Dundee Utd etc) that these smaller clubs can keep staying up at the expense of the 'bigger' clubs.
Or the ridiculous league structure that puts 'football teams' in danger of a bad run to end up in play offs and exiting the top league for years. Hammer throwers rule! We need to protect talent and investment not antifootball.

Phil MaGlass
27-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Ive a brief in FF upper and due to a changed (again) work schedule ive still to attend a game!!!! Grrrŕ :-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cough, cough splutter, cannae come in ahm siiihhkkk cough hang up. Add sad looking smiley

Nakedmanoncrack
27-08-2016, 10:00 PM

:agree:

Absolutely - we are where we deserve to be.

Phil MaGlass
27-08-2016, 10:01 PM
I've been living in Ayr for a good few years now, hopefully Ayr pick up a win in the Irn Bru cup and the week before they play us to encourage more of their fans to come along to Easter Road. Speaking to them literally just now and they are fearful that we are going to absolutely hammer them - their defence is very vulnerable it seems.

As there is a good crowd of us travelling together for this one from Ayr we are staying in Edinburgh for the night, I've just purchased two tickets for two of my mates who neither support Hibs nor Ayr - similar colour of strip right enough and they hold a soft spot for Lennon, the power of the Hibees.

Its worth encouraging mates to come, my best mate down here is an Ayr season ticket holder and travelled with me to Easter Road last year a minimum of 10 times. He's already been to the Brondby games with me this year. Get your mates along!

Yir right, ma mate is coming from Holland tae see Hibs just cos ah telt him, it really is worth encouraging mates, all in all I think ah huv got 7-10 Dutch tae go tae ER most came over for the rugby?

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2016, 11:04 PM
This season's attendances should be the average for a club of Hibs' size. The cup win has re-awakened the interest of many, and it's great to see. The support is out there; now we need to try to keep them returning.

Pete
28-08-2016, 01:37 AM
This season's attendances should be the average for a club of Hibs' size. The cup win has re-awakened the interest of many, and it's great to see. The support is out there; now we need to try to keep them returning.

To be honest, I think that two football teams in a city of over half a million should be getting far more than we both do at present.

That's another debate though and it's great to see attendances at this level. Definitely a lot to do with the cup win and it's as if there's no element of shame in being a hibs supporter any more. The bottlers tag went away in one fell swoop and the only people still using clever phrases like "hibsed it" are either desperate jambos or bitter Hun journalists.

People also see that we now have a serious name as manager who is making the big players that we have make a mockery of this "soft" image that's dogged us. Winning games enforces the feel good factor and we are in a perfect division to do that and build the fan base back up.

Circumstances have dictated that I haven't been to any home games yet this season with seats in the FF lying empty. "Never mind" would have been the reaction previously but I'm disappointed that I wasn't there today or against Dunfermiline. That's because I want to be there and be part of this and the reason why the ground is filling up is because people want to go to hibs games now. It's not just a sense of duty any more.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I don't think I've ever felt as good about the club as I do now. The direction, the staff, the players, the new brand of winning football, the attitude....it's all good and the future is genuinely bright and we might actually start punching our weight. Don't know why we couldn't have done this ****ing years ago though. :-)

Kaff
28-08-2016, 02:30 AM
To be honest, I think that two football teams in a city of over half a million should be getting far more than we both do at present.

That's another debate though and it's great to see attendances at this level. Definitely a lot to do with the cup win and it's as if there's no element of shame in being a hibs supporter any more. The bottlers tag went away in one fell swoop and the only people still using clever phrases like "hibsed it" are either desperate jambos or bitter Hun journalists.

People also see that we now have a serious name as manager who is making the big players that we have make a mockery of this "soft" image that's dogged us. Winning games enforces the feel good factor and we are in a perfect division to do that and build the fan base back up.

Circumstances have dictated that I haven't been to any home games yet this season with seats in the FF lying empty. "Never mind" would have been the reaction previously but I'm disappointed that I wasn't there today or against Dunfermiline. That's because I want to be there and be part of this and the reason why the ground is filling up is because people want to go to hibs games now. It's not just a sense of duty any more.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I don't think I've ever felt as good about the club as I do now. The direction, the staff, the players, the new brand of winning football, the attitude....it's all good and the future is genuinely bright and we might actually start punching our weight. Don't know why we couldn't have done this ****ing years ago though. :-)

We're the same Pete, we bought season tickets in FF to take advantage of the £25 kids deal but reality is we'll only get to about 5 games (last season they were all cup games and with no cup top up this was more income for the club).
We wanted to support the club and hope it is seen as that, believe me if we were selling out the ground I wouldn't buy the seats so they were empty but maybe that's where we're heading? Hope so!

Jdawg
28-08-2016, 03:13 AM
Fantastic attendance, when you consider Morton brought a couple of hundred through.

ER is buzzing, decent weather, lots of kids/families. Great to see.

Pete
28-08-2016, 05:23 AM
We're the same Pete, we bought season tickets in FF to take advantage of the £25 kids deal but reality is we'll only get to about 5 games (last season they were all cup games and with no cup top up this was more income for the club).
We wanted to support the club and hope it is seen as that, believe me if we were selling out the ground I wouldn't buy the seats so they were empty but maybe that's where we're heading? Hope so!

£25 for kids in a family group is a no brainer, especially as we have good seats. If the kids can't go an adult can PATG and sit with the group.

I wonder if rolling a similar deal out to the rest of the ground would increase attendances and potential lifelong Hibees?

Brightside
28-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Its a shame there was only about 7000 in the place with still 5 minutes to go.

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2016, 06:18 AM
£25 for kids in a family group is a no brainer, especially as we have good seats. If the kids can't go an adult can PATG and sit with the group.

I wonder if rolling a similar deal out to the rest of the ground would increase attendances and potential lifelong Hibees?

Hope not. Folk could start buying STs for kids for £25 purely to 'reserve' a seat next to them for mates or whoever to go when they fancied it.

I've got a ST but my dad doesn't. £25 to guarantee he can get a seat next to me whenever he wants? Not a bad deal for us but an empty seat for a lot of games.

green day
28-08-2016, 06:31 AM

Not entirely correct.

In Scotland attendance as a %age of population are very good. If you have Twitter, @agentscotland does a breakdown of top Euro leagues attendance v's population size.

And guess what? Scotland comes out top every week. Even allowing for the deviation caused by one of the old firm playing, we still come out very well.

Clearly those stats don't include us, but hibs in the top league would only enhance those stats - unless the club relegated was a Celtic, Rangers, hearts or Aberdeen.

It's a myth that Edinburgh attendance is poor, and it's impossible to compare against "similar" sized cities in England, as they draw crowds from highly populated areas outside the main city.

We are doing well, and keep putting performances like yesterday in and the half season tickets will fly out the door too.

Jones28
28-08-2016, 06:39 AM
taking out parkhead

1,609 @ Hamilton
2,729 @ Caley
4,078 @ firpark
4,919 @ Maryhill

= 13,335

Both end stands filled with rangers supporters at the rugby park.

Another great attendance, hopefully some of these guys will keep coming back!

Pete
28-08-2016, 06:54 AM
Hope not. Folk could start buying STs for kids for £25 purely to 'reserve' a seat next to them for mates or whoever to go when they fancied it.

I've got a ST but my dad doesn't. £25 to guarantee he can get a seat next to me whenever he wants? Not a bad deal for us but an empty seat for a lot of games.

They might do that but are we going to start making kids who buy season tickets go a certain amount of times or it'll be whipped off them?

There are plenty seats in the ground so we'll all wedge in somehow.

mjhibby
28-08-2016, 06:55 AM
taking out parkhead

1,609 @ Hamilton
2,729 @ Caley
4,078 @ firpark
4,919 @ Maryhill

= 13,335

Taking out the hibs game the crowds in the championship were

4311 Falkirk
2165 Ayr
3973 dingy
7434 Arabs

4250 more fans at these games compared to the SPL. Promotion should always be on merit but no TV for a league with bigger attendance for most games. The SPL is for two teams and two teams only.

Pete
28-08-2016, 07:02 AM
Not entirely correct.

In Scotland attendance as a %age of population are very good. If you have Twitter, @agentscotland does a breakdown of top Euro leagues attendance v's population size.

And guess what? Scotland comes out top every week. Even allowing for the deviation caused by one of the old firm playing, we still come out very well.

Clearly those stats don't include us, but hibs in the top league would only enhance those stats - unless the club relegated was a Celtic, Rangers, hearts or Aberdeen.

It's a myth that Edinburgh attendance is poor, and it's impossible to compare against "similar" sized cities in England, as they draw crowds from highly populated areas outside the main city.

We are doing well, and keep putting performances like yesterday in and the half season tickets will fly out the door too.

You're probably right. I just see teams with similar geographical catchment areas in England who's support is propped up and increased by glory hunters.

The percentage of fans from outside Glasgow supporting the old firm is the major reason why so many teams in Scotland don't have a higher percentage of their locals supporting them. That's undeniable.

eastcoasthibby
28-08-2016, 07:23 AM

We didn't do this year's ago because we didn't have strong leadership and a vision. Leanne Dempster has come in and given us that, her drive and focus, also her determination and holistic business brain.She has managed to get the board aligned and onside, to 're-structure almost every aspect of our club, we look at players and managers as being the vital components of how we are progressing, but for me LD is the biggest and key influence to our journey to recovery and getting us right up their in the top flight as a team but more importantly for me is how we are as a club,family, community , that is embedded in us moving forward now and the future ..
No I am not a very close relative or friend, just hugely appreciative and respectful of how vital she is to us, is she and can she be seen as a legend ...???

Ringothedog
28-08-2016, 07:57 AM

Hardly

Pete
28-08-2016, 08:06 AM
We didn't do this year's ago because we didn't have strong leadership and a vision. Leanne Dempster has come in and given us that, her drive and focus, also her determination and holistic business brain.She has managed to get the board aligned and onside, to 're-structure almost every aspect of our club, we look at players and managers as being the vital components of how we are progressing, but for me LD is the biggest and key influence to our journey to recovery and getting us right up their in the top flight as a team but more importantly for me is how we are as a club,family, community , that is embedded in us moving forward now and the future ..
No I am not a very close relative or friend, just hugely appreciative and respectful of how vital she is to us, is she and can she be seen as a legend ...???

I would definitely say so. :agree:

McD
28-08-2016, 08:12 AM

I think there's an element of these clubs are happy to simply survive every year (killie happy to hand over 50% or more of the seats any time rantic come to town), whereas Hibs, Dundee Utd, etc, are expected to strive for more, and look to achieve something. In attempting that, sometimes we make mistakes and occasionally those mistakes lead to more serious issues, like flirting with/actually being relegated.

It's another oddity of Scottish football where a lot of teams are content to plod along being the canon fodder. Can't imagine say, Hull or Burnley, handing over most of their stadium to Manchester Utd or Chelsea.

marinello59
28-08-2016, 08:20 AM

You'dhave to increase adult prices to compensate for the lost revenue from those currently paying more than £25.
We've sold a huge number of season tickets under the current pricing arrangement. That would suggest that we have it about right as it is.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 08:24 AM

An emphatic yes for me. Agree wholeheartedly with your post. She has been a breath of fresh air to the club and thoroughly professional. I just really hope she stays in this position for years to come.

RoxburghHibs
28-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Not entirely correct.

I used to have this argument with a Dundee Utd fan who said "Utd were bigger and better supported than Hibs". If you use the "% of area" argument then Brechin City are bigger than both Hibs and Dundee Utd! Also the Hibernian "traditional support" is from the 'town of Leith' - which only became part of the City of Edinburgh in the 1940's (or thereabouts).

Ultimately the Old Firm have as many fans in Edinburgh as Hibs or Hearts - which is the real reason for Hibs and other clubs support being hit in size.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-08-2016, 09:08 AM
That doesn't really matter. What does is the number of fans who were in for kick off. Folk have their reasons for leaving early. Get back to cars to miss traffic or whatever. Others stay to the bitter end no matter the score or the conditions.

oneone73
28-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Ultimately the Old Firm have as many fans in Edinburgh as Hibs or Hearts - which is the real reason for Hibs and other clubs support being hit in size.

I would doubt that.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 09:14 AM
I would doubt that.

So would I but they do command a lot and probably enough to have hit the prospective size of ours and the jumbos support hard

Greenworld
28-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Yir right, ma mate is coming from Holland tae see Hibs just cos ah telt him, it really is worth encouraging mates, all in all I think ah huv got 7-10 Dutch tae go tae ER most came over for the rugby?
Hibs have a growing Dutch fan Base who are coming over for games when they can

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
28-08-2016, 10:22 AM

Not just the cup win, was my first game of the season and I was impressed by the quality of play. Was great to watch.

28-08-2016, 10:30 AM

Was there yams in the away end yesterday?

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Not entirely correct.

That's true, cities like Liverpool and Bristol are in themselves not much bigger than Edinburgh, but the sprawling suburbs and towns that surround them dwarf the catchment area of Hibs & Hearts population wise.
Newcastle's population is close to 300,000 but Gateshead on its doorstep isn't far off that of Dundee at 120,000, in English terms that doesn't mean much, but if it was in Scotland it would be our 5th largest city and probably have a premier league team of its own.

CentreLine
28-08-2016, 11:33 AM

Lack of TV exposure has to have a huge negative influence on advertising revenues as well as depriving many thousands of supporters from catching up with action they missed or maybe analyse the controvesial moments. It is disgraceful that we cannot see coverage of the lower leagues on our "National" TV chanel but BBC Scotland are only interested in two clubs from one small corner of the country. BBC generally prefer to pump money in to English football.

On the up-side it is quite likely that the lack of TV coverage is a contributing factor to the larger crowds. If attending the game is the only way to see your team play then it might explain the higher attendances.