PDA

View Full Version : League.Getting.Skooshed.

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 05:15 PM
That is all.

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 05:47 PM
That is all.

HibsNutter
27-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Nobody will get near us

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Nobody will get near us

Correct. Said it since day 1 this season. It's not just a case of getting carried away with a 4-0 win. Lennon is a winner and our squad overall quality is scarily more advanced than every other team in this league.

We'll drop the odd point, but it'll be few and far between. Overall we'll be far too strong and consistent and...I love it!

It'll be good to be back 'AT LAST AT LAST AT LAST!'

Ergye
All so very easy brother....

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/Usain-Bolt-Smile-Race-Rio_zpsrpvo3zou.jpg (http://s396.photobucket.com/user/Chuckie1977/media/Usain-Bolt-Smile-Race-Rio_zpsrpvo3zou.jpg.html)

lord bunberry
It's quite clear already that the rest are just making up the numbers

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 06:23 PM
I know this thread is a bit of fun but.....

When we have a bad result those who criticise are often accused of being 'bedwetters' or whatever. We should probably avoid doing the opposite, and I've been guilty of both reactions in the past.

We have had a fantastic start and I'm delighted but it is only 4 game. Those who have used the 'bedwetters' stuff in the past have always said nothing is won in August so we would do well to remember that and take 1 game at a time.

Deansy
27-08-2016, 06:26 PM

When we have a bad result those who criticise are often accused of being 'bedwetters' or whatever. We should probably avoid doing the opposite, and I've been guilty of both reactions in the past.

We have had a fantastic start and I'm delighted but it is only 4 game. Those who have used the 'bedwetters' stuff in the past have always said nothing is won in August so we would do well to remember that and take 1 game at a time.

What he said !

Heisenberg
27-08-2016, 06:34 PM

Spot on. Only 4 games in. Take each game as it comes.

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Nothing wrong at all with over the top blatant obnoxious arrogance. I won't be changing it. It's been long overdue that we change the ethos of the club and changed our careful approach/cautious tippy tappy walk for the fear of having egg on our faces...into an arrogant STRUT!

Again - this Leagues Getting SKOOSHED friends!

Sir David Gray
27-08-2016, 06:38 PM
We'll win the league with at least five games to spare.

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 06:38 PM

**** off , we're winning this league by January. If we don't it's all your fault:greengrin

Saturday Boy
27-08-2016, 06:43 PM
**** off , we're winning this league by January. If we don't it's all your fault:greengrin

And he's the reason section 25 in the FF is last to sell out :wink:

Jim44
27-08-2016, 06:56 PM
That is all.

Kiss of death. ........ That is all. :greengrin

27-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Admire the confidence and we certainly look like a team capable of comfertably winning this league. Great start but still early days, long way to go and we all know that hibs are not known for doing things the easy way!

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Can't believe my comments have been deleted for nothing other than being confident!

That act is exactly what has been wrong with Hibs. Even if I'm wrong, what's lost and where's the harm?!

Poor show admins.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Can't believe my comments have been deleted for nothing other than being confident!

That act is exactly what has been wrong with Hibs. Even if I'm wrong, what's lost and where's the harm?!

Poor show admins.

Poor show indeed

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Poor show admins.

Very poor

hibee_girl

Poor show admins.

I think you'll find the comments you are talking about are in the duplicate thread you posted (which I'm just about to merge)

Pete

Poor show admins.

Are you sure they've been deleted?

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 07:02 PM
I think you'll find the comments you are talking about are in the duplicate thread you posted (which I'm just about to merge)

:tee hee:

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 07:05 PM
My bad!! Phone must of been having issues. Apologies! :D

Skooshed. ;)

Col2
Won by Christmas.

Miles ahead of the competition.

Jonnyboy
My bad!! Phone must of been having issues. Apologies! :D

Skooshed. ;)

:greengrin

sleeping giant
27-08-2016, 07:06 PM

:faf:

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 07:06 PM
These bloody admins. Useless so they are, very poor.

Lee Marvin
27-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Nobody will be within 15 points of us in May

sleeping giant
27-08-2016, 07:08 PM
New record points total maybe ?

O'Rourke3
27-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Think the only thing being skooshed will be in the Locke household. The mighty Hibees will take it one game at a time.

DaveF
27-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Poor show indeed

Very poor

Absolutely desperate to put the boot in :na na:

Famous Fiver
27-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Dumbarton away is no picnic.

Win that and I am in the skoosh camp.

Malthibby
27-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Been a while since hubris was an issue so meybes we should enjoy it but I'm not too comfortable with the Hibees as Billy Big Baws.
Perhaps that'll change when we win the league with 100+ points & retain the SC.
GG

greenlex
27-08-2016, 07:16 PM

I kinda agree. :agree:
There are however certain posters that I havent seen for ages and Im worried about them.:wink:

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Absolutely desperate to put the boot in :na na:

Couldn't wait

Sir David Gray
27-08-2016, 07:24 PM

Some might even call them a bunch of pricks.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Some might even call them a bunch of pricks.

A fair assessment imo and I've met a few of them......

DaveF
27-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Couldn't wait

We know. Duly noted.

Wilson
27-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Been a while since hubris was an issue so meybes we should enjoy it but I'm not too comfortable with the Hibees as Billy Big Baws.
Perhaps that'll change when we win the league with 100+ points & retain the SC.
GG

I'm sorry but we are the big fish in the pond. We signed up a top coach and we have assembled a team of the best players. We cannot assume our usual role of battling underdog and, ultimately, plucky losers. In this division we don't fit that mould.

It is a new perspective but one folk are going to have to get used to. We are champions elect and we must stamp our authority all over this campaign.

Nameless
27-08-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm joining Camp Skoosh : Like WW1, it will be over by Christmas!!

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2016, 07:44 PM
We know. Duly noted.

Hahaha. Good for you

DaveF
27-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Hahaha. Good for you

:na na:

Waxy
27-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Ahead by double figure points at xmas.

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry but we are the big fish in the pond. We signed up a top coach and we have assembled a team of the best players. We cannot assume our usual role of battling underdog and, ultimately, plucky losers. In this division we don't fit that mould.

It is a new perspective but one folk are going to have to get used to. We are champions elect and we must stamp our authority all over this campaign.

Give this guy a medal, he gets it!

Ergye
27-08-2016, 09:30 PM
OP knows the score.

The fact is we don't belong in this league any more than a Rangers fan belongs in a hot shower, and we'll be out of it as fast as you can say 'Imperial Leather Johnny Hun'?

Scott Allan Key
27-08-2016, 09:41 PM

Not as good as Hibs, that's for sure.

Phil MaGlass
27-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Its quite simple, its about finishing, our finishing last season was poor, shood huv scored a barrow load with the amount of chances we had. This year we have guys that can put the chances in the net, said it last season we had a good team all we had to do was put them in the net, didnae do it, were gonnae score a barrowload this year.

Thecat23
27-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Said it weeks ago and was shot down by a few saying "we weren't good enough last season and now we're even weaker now"

Hibs will win this league by 10+ with ease! Couple more in hopefully but even this squad will smash it.

The one difference..... More direct!!

Hibbyradge
27-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Wait. Till. December.

Thecat23
27-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Wait. Till. December.

Not sure we'll win it by then 😉

RoYO!
27-08-2016, 10:35 PM
I just don't see another team putting a run together like we are capable of. There's not a depth of quality In any other team. Falkirk are weaker. Raith don't have the squad. United will do alright, just not as good as us. QOS will put together a few good results followed by a string of disappointing ones. St midden are guff.

Just can't see past us.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Not sure we'll win it by then 😉

I'll be pleased if we get 4 points...

Andy74
27-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Said it weeks ago and was shot down by a few saying "we weren't good enough last season and now we're even weaker now"

Hibs will win this league by 10+ with ease! Couple more in hopefully but even this squad will smash it.

The one difference..... More direct!!

Weeks ago we were weaker than last season. Now we probably aren't anymore. 3 players made their home debuts today.

However, change of manager has probably been the main difference. Some of us were shot down last year for suggesting Stubbs was letting us down where the league was concerned.

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 11:03 PM
If we win our next game we'll have defeated half of the league. Brilliant foundation to go from.

H18 SFR
27-08-2016, 11:08 PM
It was so pleasing to see Lennon lambasting someone towards the very end of the match after a poor pass out to Stevenson even although it was 4-0. The guy will not accept complacency nor turn a blind eye towards it.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2016, 11:54 PM
I was impressed today. We weren't that great but now look like a force that will roll over teams. We seem to be be a side built specifically for promotion from this league rather than one which is just striving towards a more generalist target of good performance or excellence.

Diclonius
27-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Great performance today, exactly what we should have been doing for the last two years. Keep it up and we'll win this league nae bother.

Even the weather was decent today! 10/10 would watch again

SmashinGlass
28-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Speaking to a friend of mine today who's an Arab. Reckons it's a case of everyone else making up the numbers. I challenged him, but he was adamant that everyone else is simply trying to finish second to get one less play off game.

Interesting analysis from an outsider

Ergye
28-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Dumbarton away is no picnic.

Win that and I am in the skoosh camp.

Maybe not for you.

Personally, I'll be rolling out a tartan blanket, sitting down with my Pimms, strawberries and butter croissants thinking about 'teddy bears', listening to David Gray on my docking station and lolling about giddily in my Persevered t shirt salivating at the fare on show from the boys in emerald green.

NAE NOOKIE
28-08-2016, 12:15 AM
I thought Hibs had another gear today if they needed it, but as it was we pretty well strolled the game without having to reach the heights I'm sure we are capable of.

Dumbarton away has been a bit of a bogey ground for us the last two years and if we win there we next face Ayr Utd at home, who appear to be the weakest team in the league and could get a real pumping if we play like we can and they play like they have been.

But lets not forget that with the exception of Falkirk we have still to play the most dangerous teams in the league in the shape of Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Queen of the South, who lets also not forget were savvy enough to mug us 3 - 1 only a couple of weeks ago. If we get through the first quarter of the league without losing to any one of them even I might join the skoosh it camp ..... but not yet.

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2016, 01:26 PM
I thought Hibs had another gear today if they needed it, but as it was we pretty well strolled the game without having to reach the heights I'm sure we are capable of.

Dumbarton away has been a bit of a bogey ground for us the last two years and if we win there we next face Ayr Utd at home, who appear to be the weakest team in the league and could get a real pumping if we play like we can and they play like they have been.

But lets not forget that with the exception of Falkirk we have still to play the most dangerous teams in the league in the shape of Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Queen of the South, who lets also not forget were savvy enough to mug us 3 - 1 only a couple of weeks ago. If we get through the first quarter of the league without losing to any one of them even I might join the skoosh it camp ..... but not yet.

I think we'll win at Dumbarton and home to Ayr. The QOS, Raith and Dundee United series of fixtures will be the real test. I see us winning the league but the results in those games will determine the margin.

28-08-2016, 01:36 PM
If we win our next game we'll have defeated half of the league. Brilliant foundation to go from.

I'll wait until we've played everyone before deciding whether or not to join "camp skoosh" lol

H18 SFR
28-08-2016, 01:38 PM
I think we'll win at Dumbarton and home to Ayr. The QOS, Raith and Dundee United series of fixtures will be the real test. I see us winning the league but the results in those games will determine the margin.

Totally agree, I've got a funny feeling we will win them all or do something like draw all three. Hopefully we smash it out the park.

Hamish
28-08-2016, 02:02 PM
I'll wait until we've played everyone before deciding whether or not to join "camp skoosh" lol

Agree. We have made an excellent start, but that is all it is. A start. Let's see where we are after we have played all the other teams and then take stock. In my opinion some on here getting a wee bit carried away.

CapitalGreen
28-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Only 2 points ahead of the team who "skooshed" us out the league cup at Easter Road. I'll be keeping my powder dry until we have larger gap between 1st and 2nd. This group of players has proved within the last 6 months that they can collectively experience a significant drop off in performances.

28-08-2016, 02:24 PM
People seem to also be forgetting that this is hibs we're talking about and although we're a far cry from what we used to be we still tend not to do things the easy way. Expect lots of twists and turns.

Thecat23
28-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Weeks ago we were weaker than last season. Now we probably aren't anymore. 3 players made their home debuts today.

However, change of manager has probably been the main difference. Some of us were shot down last year for suggesting Stubbs was letting us down where the league was concerned.

Change of manager has been a big difference. I was hoping Stubbs would have stayed but Lennon has done even better. Would Stubbs get us out this league? This season I think You and I could take us out it if I'm honest.

What's good is the team are more direct getting up the park. I was speaking to Kevin Thompson yesterday as his boy plays in the same age group as my son. Spoke highly of Stubbs but said he was to patient if anything. Thinks Lennon will sign another big name as well before window closes!

Thecat23
28-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Agree. We have made an excellent start, but that is all it is. A start. Let's see where we are after we have played all the other teams and then take stock. In my opinion some on here getting a wee bit carried away.

Once we've played everyone we will be well clear. Every other team hasn't the ability to keep with us this season Lennon plays a higher tempo shutting players down and that's the difference for me. I'll be shocked it we lose more than 4 games all season.

Ozyhibby
28-08-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry but I agree. I think we will win this league at a canter.
Lennon appears to understand better than Stubbs how to get the team scoring goals. Already we are scoring 2.5 goals a game compared with 1.63 under Stubbs. Real progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
28-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Lennon appears to understand better than Stubbs how to get the team scoring goals. Already we are scoring 2.5 goals a game compared with 1.63 under Stubbs. Real progress.

My thoughts exactly!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2016, 02:41 PM

I'm happy to go along with that, it would appear that Lennon is installing a winners mentality into the players, we might as well jump on board too.

Hamish
28-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Once we've played everyone we will be well clear. Every other team hasn't the ability to keep with us this season Lennon plays a higher tempo shutting players down and that's the difference for me. I'll be shocked it we lose more than 4 games all season.

Will be delighted if you are proved correct.

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Nah, I'm enjoying feeling confident going into every game. We will be top of the league from now on with the gap growing week by week.

Stuck in this league for too long so damn well going to enjoy our last season here. Plenty of goals, clean sheets and dishing out a good few gubbings is the way forward.

Just Jimmy
28-08-2016, 02:58 PM

Small sample size. Lets see where we are once they play the same number of games. You can't even compare stubbs first 4 league games either because the squad was no where near the standard it is now.

I still think we'll romp it though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk